PDA

View Full Version : IC Vampire:TM-Chicago-Downtown

Pages : [1] 2 3

CowMasterTrojan
2012-06-13, 01:31 PM
And this is officially the IC thread just for you guys. Sorry about the delay.

The Prince's Study

As you follow the hallway you come to a set of large double doors, which have been left open. The lights appear to be off, but there is a large screen of monitors on the far side of the room, and their light illuminates the room slightly.
http://waiclub.files.wordpress.com/2010/04/security-office1.jpg

In front of the monitors is someone in a fancy leather swivel chair, studying these monitors. The monitors are constantly changing, and you find yourself having trouble following. However you think you see security images of the party several times, which is odd because you never saw any security camera's. You also notice two monitors seem to displaying stock information, and three seem to be flipping through news channels.

Once your eyes adjust to the light a bit, you can make out a large room. On one side is a long business table, with more than enough chairs for you. On the otherside is a large fancy looking wooden desk, and three very large book shelves.

The man in the chair fails to respond to your entry.

Whip-poor-will
2012-06-13, 02:43 PM
Joey enters the room and smiles, I guess you Camarilla can have some class.

CowMasterTrojan
2012-06-13, 02:54 PM
Still not turning, the man pulls up three screens on the left side that immediately take your notice. Two of them your most popular corners for sales, the other your headquarters. Still not turning, he says "Thank you, that means a lot to me coming from a petty drug dealer."

Whip-poor-will
2012-06-13, 03:25 PM
Sarcasm, my good sir, sarcasm. Joey strolls over to the man and takes a seat near him. So you're familiar with my work?, he smiles and pulls out his small box of cigarillos, Wanna smoke?

CowMasterTrojan
2012-06-13, 03:35 PM
As you have suspected, the man in the chair is the prince. He is dressed quite formally for the party that he doesn't really appear to be attending. Your comment peaks his interest, and he turns towards you with an eyebrow raised. "An interesting notion. I have some fine cigars, may I counter offer you with one of those instead?"

Whip-poor-will
2012-06-13, 03:52 PM
That sounds marvelous. He puts the box back in his jacket pocket and crosses his legs. Nothing seals a deal like a good smoke.

daelrog
2012-06-13, 07:59 PM
Jace watches the exchange with curiousity. He looks at the monitors. It was a nice set up. Only showed what was on the surface, but then again most of the time that was good enough. Most of the time.

It's times like these that it seems like he should say something catchy or profound, make an impact somehow. However, that was for others, like the "petty drug dealer". Wait... is that what he meant when he said to spice up the drink? Damn, Jace had thought he had some extra blood on the side, something with a little kick. Blood was not created equal after all.

Jace stood there, taking in the scene before him and nothing else.

CowMasterTrojan
2012-06-13, 09:00 PM
Walking over to the desk, he removes a small cigar box from the second drawer on the right. After returning he offers a Cigar to Joey, and then to Jace. After pulling out a vintage looking gold and silver zippo, he lights the cigars and quickly puts it out. Something about how the fire reflects in his cold blue eyes... is a little frightening.

"Interesting isn't it. You prefer to smoke, but the irony is that your lungs are long dead, just like mine. We don't need to breath. So tell me, do you utilize our powerful blood to make your organs work for the night every time you want to smoke? Or do you simply push the air with your mouth and cheeks? Faking the appearance of a habit you no longer need. One is certainly more costly than the other, but it comes down to how authentic you decide to be. Well, how authentic are you?"

daelrog
2012-06-13, 09:17 PM
Jace took a deep, deep breath of the smoke. He let the smoke linger in his lungs, it tickled a little bit as he didn't bother to push it back out. The smoke rolled out slowly as he responded, knowing that the Prince's question was for both of them. "I'm not really in a position to be authentic with my appearance. I have to settle for keeping it here." He pointed in the direction of his own dead heart.

Whip-poor-will
2012-06-13, 11:05 PM
Joey takes the cigar and pauses, glancing between his black bic lighter and the prince's prestigious zippo, before shamelessly (but perhaps enviously) lighting up. He takes a few puffs and gives the prince a sly grin. "Cigars are not meant to be inhaled, It makes them burn hot which causes a very foul flavor. ", he says, watching the smoke fill the air.

CowMasterTrojan
2012-06-13, 11:26 PM
He smiles at Jace's comment. "Indeed you don't, indeed you don't. I'm sure it's on your mind Jace, I'm surprised you didn't ask myself or William. You're wondering why I have a bunch of Nosferatu waiters. The answer is simple. They waiters are not kindred at all. Ghouls in makeup actually. Whenever I have your clan over, I need to make sure people don't over react to them. You see, not everyone at this party knows about the masquerade." He smiles bigger at that thought. "So having a bunch of waiters dressed with a gimmick makes people assume you're in on it. Your kind gets left alone, and the simpletons don't think much of it. It works out nicely."

Turning to Joey, he attempts to shake your hand. "Perhaps I misjudged you a tad. My apologies. A man who understands how to enjoy a fine cigar must have some class. But what of your cigarillos? Do you fake inhale and just puff, or do you actually use the blood and inhale?"

daelrog
2012-06-14, 05:59 AM
"It's quite the show for such a little thing." He said it as if being hideous was no big deal. Truthfully he understood though. It was a truly cruel world that there were such prejudices amongst the dead, perhaps more so. Then again, he was born a middle class, white, Christian male. Guess it was his turn on the wheel of fate.

Narmoth
2012-06-14, 10:07 AM
"I carried these all the way to listen to a discussion about smoking?" Edward groans as he puts his burden on the floor.
Then he nods a small courtesy nod
"My prince." and smiles to the Nosferatu

Whip-poor-will
2012-06-14, 02:22 PM
Joey's smile fades, and he meets the prince's eyes. "A cigarillo is simply a small cigar. Look ,I can discuss tobacco all night long, but I believe you had something to discuss with me?

CowMasterTrojan
2012-06-14, 07:02 PM
"There was a point to my question, but I suppose I will make it another time. I am waiting for William to return and then we shall get to business. It appears some idiot Brujah frenzied on the dance floor, so he should only be a few minutes at most."

Turning and motioning to the two people Edward just put on the floor " In the meantime, these two people are my present to the Three of you. They should have enough Blood in them to fill you three up. Their minds have them in a constant replay of their time in Paris, so they don't even know you're here."

Whip-poor-will
2012-06-14, 08:48 PM
Yes, those Brujah can be quite . . . Savage. Though, I see how they're an asset. Joey laughs and takes a long puff on the cigar. And, as for your question, if I were to smoke a cigarette, or inhale a cigarillo, I would probably just fake it. More addicted to the ritual of it, you know what I mean? Is that answer satisfactory?

daelrog
2012-06-14, 11:03 PM
Jace looked down at the two people reliving their date. He was thirsty, or was he hungry? Hell, it was all the same now. Still... two kine and three kindred... the math wasn't going to a place he liked.

"What are their names?" Jace removed the cigar from his lips, breathed out the remaining smoke and put the fire out on the ash tray. He still held onto the cigar, but he wasn't interested in smoking any more.

CowMasterTrojan
2012-06-15, 01:20 AM
"What does it matter? If you really care, ask William when he gets here. He usually knows small details like that..." He says, once more puffing on his cigar.

daelrog
2012-06-15, 01:26 AM
"I told you Alex. I keep my humanity in the heart." He looked at the two of them, lost in their conversation. "Wouldn't be very decent of me to stop them in the middle of their date, especially not in Paris." He gave a wry smile, that twisted one whole side of his face.

CowMasterTrojan
2012-06-15, 10:39 AM
"Very well... More for Edward and Joseph..."

Whip-poor-will
2012-06-15, 02:30 PM
Joey frowns, Unless their blood has a little kick to it, I won't be feeding on them.

Narmoth
2012-06-16, 09:00 AM
"So, what does it make me? The waiter?" Edward frowns "
"In that case, I will keep them for later. It will be more suitable for the servants to eat away from the masters table..." he continues sardonically

CowMasterTrojan
2012-06-17, 11:19 AM
"The worms could easily be made to take anything you prefer in their system Mr. Millner. But that's your decision, if you all prefer not to eat, please sit down so we can begin." William says, walking in as if he's been there the whole time. He shuts the doors behind him, and sits at one end of the table. The prince sits at the other end.

"My apologies for the delay, one of the Cardosa brothers went into a frenzy infront of everyone. What a mess."

Whip-poor-will
2012-06-18, 11:32 AM
Joey hesitates before producing the white bag from earlier and handing it one of the humans. You've convinced me, William, I believe I shall have a snack before our little meeting.

CowMasterTrojan
2012-06-18, 12:10 PM
William proceeds to ask you which meal you would prefer, and how that 'spice' is administered. Once you tell him, he stares at the two concentrating for a moment, and then said victim cooperates fully with what you want.

Narmoth
2012-06-18, 04:13 PM
"Classy..." Edward smirks. "It's like the difference between charging a deer with a knife, and walking into the barn and doing a sheep"

CowMasterTrojan
2012-06-18, 04:26 PM
"Yes, because you of all people are expert on what has class. Why don't you just sit down edward." The prince says coldly, motioning at a chair away from him.

CowMasterTrojan
2012-06-19, 11:31 AM
For reasons I don't know, it doesn't recognize my last post as recent, so I am posting this

Narmoth
2012-06-19, 01:18 PM
"Very well..." Edward says as he sits down

daelrog
2012-06-20, 12:27 AM
Jace said nothing, sitting down and waiting. He had already used up all his courage on denying feeding off the couple. It wasn't the feeding itself, but all three kindred feeding would have killed one or both of them. It would have been too much.

Hoping he wasn't going to be asked to do anything worse, Jace waited, thinking he needed to down a half dozen of the drinks on his way out. At least then he could pretend that it came from a magic blood tree. Maybe that's why people ate hamburgers. Maybe he could start a chain restaurant that made blood look as little like the substance from people as he could. He almost smiled at the absurdity of it.

CowMasterTrojan
2012-06-20, 01:04 AM
"Jace, you look like you need a drink. Would you like me to have a servant bring you a drink? I will have a drink brought in. You look pale!" He says with a laugh and plays around with his phone, a fancy smart phone at that, for a few seconds before returning his eyes to the table with a serious glance. Once the Prince is finished, William takes over the dialogue.

"Now Edward, Mr. Hallowell, both of you have never given us trouble. Well, any serious trouble... Both of you are fairly unknown. Both of you have never given the Camarilla anything to question your loyalty. Both are very admirable traits in these circumstances. That is why you have been asked here. Our city is in danger. We will be asking for your help, even though you may not like it. Why Mr. Millner is here will require more explaining, so please bear with us for a moment."

At this point, both turn towards Joey. Presumably finished with his meal.

"How long have you been doing business in this city Joey? About two years, right? Maybe alittle longer before you were embraced. The Giovanni family has been messing around with the drug trade in Chicago for maybe a decade or two, but they did have a slow start. But the fact of the matter is, you know you've been competing with us. Did you think we didn't know you were competing with us? Maybe you thought you were still too small to notice. That maybe true in some cities. If this were LA, you likely wouldn't have been noticed. But LA is a pretty messed up town. In Chicago, this is my town. Kindred don't make a dime without my people knowing about it. I have allowed you to exist. I have allowed you to grow. Why? Because competition is good. It livens things up, makes moral higher, yadda yadda yadda."

"Unfortunately that's about to change. We have recent intelligence that indicates that a large amount of Sabbat are entering, or have already entered, Chicago and the surrounding area. They intend to destroy us, and scare out all non-ruling Camarilla. just as they did in Miami and Seattle, and they tried to do in Vancouver. If this were to happen, the drug trade that we control would be taken over by their people. I can assure you, they do not tolerate competition. You would be booted from the city in weeks at best, or killed at worst. So I believe you can see my point, when I say it is in both our interests to make sure the Sabbat do not take this city. Do you agree with that point at least?"

The drinks arrive only moments after William finishing speaking.

daelrog
2012-06-20, 09:09 PM
Jace laughed nervously at the Prince's second offer. His mind was probably being read. It was one of those things he didn't believe until the Primogen had dispelled any myths that there were certain kindred who could, and would, do it.

It was that knowledge that made him all the more uncomfortable when William spoke of the Sabbat. One word jumped to his mind as violently as his own beast, "Savvy".

Jace took three large chugs of his drink as soon as it was handed, before putting it down and speaking. "What exactly do you have in mind, sirs? I don't know how much of a soldier I am, but duty and honor and all that I guess." Jace was being a bit modest at the moment. For an average person, he knew how to handle himself, however he doubted his usefulness in the great scheme of jyhad, something he wasn't even exactly sure of what it was. The older kindred kept saying it was more than just Camarilla against Sabbat, but never explained any further than that.

Whip-poor-will
2012-06-22, 10:23 AM
Joey nods and puffs on his cigar, thinking. Finally, he looks at the prince and smiles, "I can agree with that, yes"

CowMasterTrojan
2012-06-23, 11:48 AM
"Alright. Then here is what we want you to do. Each of you form an alias, and the three of you get yourselves a safe-house. Leave your current lives behind, and pose as a Sabbat Cell. You will be like double agents for us. Gather what info you can, and send it back to us."

William clears his throat. "That may sound confusing, not everyone in the Camarilla knows a lot about how the Sabbat works. Let me explain. The Sabbat, are highly disorganized. They have command structure, but it has very little direct authority. Most underlings have complete autonomy when it comes to what they do, as long as they follow the directions of the correct target. In big cities, they operate in independent cells, causing chaos and fear. In Seattle and Vancouver, they attempted to make direct attacks against the residencies of ruling kindred. In Seattle it worked, kindred got scared and fled the city. However that strategy won't work here, because all the primogen and the Prince are much better fortified. We believe they are going to take a approach much as they have in New York. They will form several different cells, spread out, and cause widespread chaos on institutions and Haven's belonging to Camarilla Kindred. Once they think the city is fragile enough, they will band together for a few big attacks. Most logically would be the destruction of this building as one of those attacks."

"Exactly. So you three form a Cell. Joseph leads the cell, and with his connections should be able to obtain anything you would need. Edward shall act as the muscle, and Jace will be your resident Cyber terrorist. We will give you a list of targets, and you can use your own discretion from there. At most this will take a few months of your time, and when you're done the city will be safe for you to live in once again."

"Payment for a job well done will include 10 thousand dollars per month of service. In addition, Mr. Millner, we will grant an agreement to allow you to operate for the next 5 years. Edward will also be rewarded with a promotion. Jace... a favor from the prince. Perhaps you'd like to sire a child someday?"

"Does that make sense? How does it sound? "

Narmoth
2012-06-23, 03:16 PM
"Heh, not bad..." Edward laughs. "Except I think some of us will have a hard time establishing new identities." Edward strokes back the long black hair that mostly left his face in the shadow until now, revealing a disfigured face. "It might be easier to fake a disagreement with you, my prince, at least when it comes to me, and maybe for Mr. Joey because of his contacts."
"Mr. Joey could simply feign a failure to come to an agreement with you and therefore seek support from the Sabbath, while for myself, a brawl with you, my prince or if you don't want to risk it, with William, would be enough to make me a persona non grata" Edward pronounces the last words with perfect Florentine intonation.
"That would make us a believable, and attractive cell for the Sabbath" Edward smiles

Whip-poor-will
2012-06-24, 06:57 PM
A look of surprise crosses Joey's face. "Leave my old life behind? I can't do that, I'm a Milliner! "

daelrog
2012-06-24, 08:05 PM
Jace shrugs and nods his head. "Yeah, I guess that works. Don't think most kindred in the city even know me so well. Not sure I want a childer, but I guess a small favor would come in handy." He looked to Joey Milliner. He put a reassuring hand on his shoulder. "I've heeard of you guys before, Clan Giovanni right? All for the family? Sounds like you're being given a choice between having five years of freedom to do what you want, and being kicked out right now. Not sure how your elders view things, but I think you should take the deal."

Narmoth
2012-06-25, 01:51 AM
"That's why I proposed for you to fake a disagreement with the prince..." Edward smiles at Joey only with his lips
"That way you could have your cake and eat it, at least for a while. Besides..." he turns to William
"...we risk loosing his contacts if he changes identity. Retaining it, but appearing to be on unfriendly terms with Camarilla will make him more attractive to that bloody Sabbath" he starts humming the Black Sabbath song "Sabbath Bloody Sabbath"

CowMasterTrojan
2012-06-26, 01:06 AM
"But the fact that he's Giovanni will prevent him from being trusted by the Sabbat. Honestly it's not like they're going to watch you closely until you're noticed, so he wouldn't have to even give up his contacts and life for the most part. But Jace makes an excellent point. You're being paid very well for your time, and your service would be only temporary, and even then it would be to full benefit of your family. Don't turn this opportunity down."

"As for you Edward, if you would like a public beating I would be happy to dispense it. But the fact of the matter is, it's completely unnecessary. Your actions and appearance make you indistinguishable from any Brujah around here, you've done nothing extraordinary so far, and no one in our services knows more than your first name. There is no reason you couldn't walk out of here, and fade into anonymity with almost no effort. Beating you senseless in public would only make you more recognizable."

Narmoth
2012-06-26, 01:11 AM
"Flattering..." Edward says sardonically

Whip-poor-will
2012-06-26, 04:06 PM
Joey groans and crushes the cigar in his hand, "Fine, I'm down.

CowMasterTrojan
2012-06-27, 01:08 AM
"Any more objections, concerns, or thoughts from the three of you?"

daelrog
2012-06-27, 02:59 AM
"What happens if things go too deep, and it gets complicated?" Jace's amiable tone was gone. He was asking William what they should do if they ended up being asked to do something for the Sabbat, something that wasn't on their list.

CowMasterTrojan
2012-06-27, 10:17 AM
"We leave that judgement up to you. If maintaining your cover holds more value than whatever you're being asked to do. then do it. If not. perhaps you will have reached a time to get out."

daelrog
2012-06-27, 07:39 PM
Jace nodded. He looked at his two companions, an addict and a man he still wasn't suite sure on. He wondered what they valued. Then again, their values may have been more in line with the Seneschal and Prince than his own.

CowMasterTrojan
2012-07-02, 01:05 AM
The prince hands Jace a USB drive. William hands a envelope to Joey, who recognizes the feel of what's inside as something he's held plenty of times. A chunk of cash.

"Everything you need will be on the flash drive. The details of how you operate is up to you. Unless you have any more questions, this meeting is adjourned."

daelrog
2012-07-02, 02:39 AM
Jace took the USB drive, and put it neatly in an inner pocket on his jacket. He looked to the others in his new group. "I'm going to have to get a few of my supplies. Don't think the other Nosferatu are going to want you guys with me while I'm down there. Any place I can meet up with you?"

Whip-poor-will
2012-07-03, 04:25 PM
Joey nods and pockets the envelope. His eyes dart around the room for a moment before resting on Jace. "That's understandable, he pauses as if he were going to say something, before looking between his companions and shrugging.

CowMasterTrojan
2012-07-05, 11:00 PM
With your meeting concluded, you leave the room and exit the floor, back to the elevator where your weapons are returned to you.

You have the ride down on the elevator to say anything you need to say to each other, and then you may potentially go your separate ways for the time being.Anything you are saying? Any where you plan on going?

daelrog
2012-07-09, 05:59 AM
Jace looked at the other two. "Here's my cell number. Text me your info, and we'll figure out our first steps." He nodded at the two kindred, and set off into the night, his head buried low.

He would head to his home in the area tightly controlled by the Nosferatu. He needed his supplies, things he couldn't just pick up at the local Best Buy.

Narmoth
2012-07-09, 02:00 PM
"Well, I will have to buy a new cell before this. I use the same turn-over system as most petty thieves employ: different sim card once in a few weeks, just to not attract unwanted attention." he writes down the number offered by Jace
"I know of a nice old bar where we could meet after closing time. I pay the owner to sometimes let me sleep in the cellar there, so I have a spare key there"

Whip-poor-will
2012-07-09, 06:59 PM
Joey writes the number down in his address book and looks to Edward, "I like that idea. Let's meet up there." He hands him a slip of paper with his cell number written on it, "Call me when u get that new cell."

CowMasterTrojan
2012-07-09, 08:34 PM
So the three of you go separate ways. What do you do for preparations? When do you meet again?

daelrog
2012-07-10, 12:18 AM
Jace will head to the Nosferatu lair where he keeps his place. He'll take his monitors and hardrives and put them in a large hiking backpack he's kept in place along with an old blank, and few changes of clothing. He also has a couple knives, and a second, back up, pistol. Most importantly are the array of flashdrives he has including anything from bank account numbers, to popular website listings, to one plain one which he keeps close on his person. It's the one that contains information on Technomancy he stumbled upon, and is on the verge of breaking through the first level of it.

He doesn't bother leaving a note behind or anything. The other Nosferatu generally don't pay much attention to him save for the Primogen anyways.

Narmoth
2012-07-10, 01:42 AM
There's not much Edward needs to prepare. Living on the road most of the time, he needs only to a quick detour to the motel where he was staying to get his laptop, a bag of clothes, a toothbrush and his electric shaver, and he could go anywhere, in this case simply to the bar where they agreed to meet up.

Whip-poor-will
2012-07-10, 03:49 PM
Joey goes to his Aunt Lucy's house to prepare the evening ahead. After changing from his party attire into a dark green Nike track suit, He loads a chrome .44 and tucks it into waistband. Not knowing how long this will take, he stuffs a small baggy of cocaine into his pocket. After a quick shave, he kisses his aunt and heads out the door.

CowMasterTrojan
2012-07-13, 02:53 PM
The group meets up at Bar Louie, a small bar downtown. It is past closing time by the time you arrive, but the door has been open. Having taken a bribe from Edward of 100 bucks, he has left it open for you, but he remains cleaning up. A table in the corner has been left open for your convenience. A few unopened bottles of beer also appear to have been left there on coasters, slowly warming.

It is 3am. And for Jace's laptop, yes there is a wall socket nearby.

daelrog
2012-07-13, 07:44 PM
Jace plugs his computer. It starts up after ten seconds. He takes the USB drive and inserts it in seeing what loads up. "All right boys and girls, let's see what exactly the Prince what's us to do."

Narmoth
2012-07-14, 01:41 AM
Having talked a while with the owner waiting for the rest, Edward takes a beer for each of them to the table, then urges the owner to go home for some well earned sleep, using his powers of diplomacy and vampiric charm

Whip-poor-will
2012-07-14, 01:33 PM
Joey sits quietly at the table, awaiting Jace's information.

CowMasterTrojan
2012-07-15, 02:42 PM
The USB drive immediately boots up, and begins running a automated program. After a moment, a window pops up with the following message
"Decryption code copied to C:/ drive. Decryption code deleted from E:/ drive. Encrypted files being decrypted. Booting files"

Seconds later a window pops up with the E:/ drive, which has three different folders inside it, and a .txt file named "Open First"

The folders are named Targets, Property, Safehouse. Obviously you're going to look at them all. Targets had 10 files, all sound like the name of a person. The Property file has more folders marked Restaurants, Banks, Clubs, Private residencies, Ghouls. Safehouse has 3 files, marked Option A, Option B, and backup plan.

daelrog
2012-07-15, 07:52 PM
With a few clicks Jace opened up both the "Read First" file and the "Back up Plan". It was a clear indication where Jace's priorities lay.

He expanded the window on the first file, giving them all a chance to read what it would say. "Inspiring words from our fearless leaders maybe?"

CowMasterTrojan
2012-07-15, 08:19 PM
Both are small files. Read first opens with this;

I assume you don't have all the supplies you need to be a urban terrorist right off the bat. Here are three locations where I have left some useful supplies. You don't need all 3, but you're welcome to take them all. The locker has been paid for 2 years.

North Pacific Metra Station H
Locker E21
Electric Pin 0666

Metra Grand Station
Blue lockers, 66C
Electric Pin 8008

Grey Hound Bus Station
(Address included)
Locker 199
Key included in money envelope.

Also, I forgot mention. If this USB won't copy files, and if it's tried to be opened without a computer with the Decryption code, it will wipe itself clean. So don't lose it.

Back Up Plan

This includes directions to a location in the industrial of SE chicago. Included in the directions are instructions to "remove the manhole and climb down the ladder." Directions Continue a bit farther and end.

daelrog
2012-07-16, 11:05 PM
"All right, let's check the rest of these out." Jace would start with the safehouses, then the properties, then the targets. As he did so, he tried to chat with his new companions.

"So yeah, computers are my thing. I hope there's something in here that will put that to good use. I know how to handle a gun, but it's not really my specialty. Also going to say right now I don't quite have that little trick to cover the ugliness yet. Until then, don't know if I'll be any good in a crowded area.

"Hey, look at this. They're calling ghouls property. I swear this is wha'ts going to be the end of us. You don't show a little love to the little guys, you end up losing in the end. That's how the movies work, isn't it?

"So I've heard a bit about the Giovanni how they're masters at necromancy. Are we talking Evil Dead, The Exorcist, Ghostbusters? You got any talent for it. God knows kindred act like each member of a Clan is supposed to be a master at all three of their disciplines, and nothing else, wouldn't hold it against you if you weren't into the whole dead thing.

"What about you, Edward, don't think I caught onto your Clan? Ventrue, Brujah, Tremere? You don't exactly strike me as a Toreador, and don't seem to suffer the Gangrel or Malkavian curse.

"So any of you see that gorgeous Brujah woman in the purple dress? I was thinking once I figure out this mask of billion faces or whatever it's called, I might try to show up to more social gathering, bump into her again. She seemed to have her heart in the right place, concerned about the Prince's ruse with all those dressed up ghouls. Wouldn't be bad to have the muscle around for protection." He laughed. "Hey, I'm perfectly fine with a woman defending a man. It's progressive."

Narmoth
2012-07-17, 05:03 AM
"Does clan really matter that much to you?" Edward smiles
then, when the Brujah woman is mentioned, he continues
"Don't go to far in your fantasies about her. I think it's not unlikely that the next time you bump into her again, it will be because she's on the list..."

daelrog
2012-07-17, 05:13 AM
"What? You think the targets are a list of kindred? Goddamn I hope you're wrong, buddy, but I guess I've heard worse things about the elders. All I'm saying is this is a list of what we can hurt, not a list of what we have to take down. I don't think The Prince'll mind if we don't cross everything on our list.

"And just cause there may be kindred here, doesn't mean we need to aim for final death. There's just blowing up their house, or a harmless drive by shooting that only puts 'em in torpor."

Damn, I'm liking this less and less.

Narmoth
2012-07-17, 07:20 AM
"Of course we would get a list of kindred..." Edward grins
"There's no other reason to form such a cell. Now, if it helps you, it will probably be Sabbath kindred and their allies" he continues in a calm voice, smiling towards Jace

CowMasterTrojan
2012-07-17, 11:38 AM
Wow, bad timing on my part. lol

Safe Houses- Option A is a small house in the NW suburbs in the city of Elgin. Option B- Is an abandoned warehouse in the south side of town.

Targets- The folder contains 10 names. The first file you open contains their clan, an estimation of age & notable abilities, business's they own, what bank they use, and banks they have credit cards with. Upon viewing them all, there is 3 Catiffs, 1 Ventrue, 3 Brujah, 2 Toreador, and 1 Malkavian. Only the Malkavian, and one Toreador are over 100.

Restaurants - There are 7 targets. All of them downtown. One of them is a Denny's.
Banks- Two banks, also downtown.
Night clubs- 5 Names. All located down town.
Private residencies- 20 Targets. 10 are in the NW suburbs. 3 in the southern part of town. 7 In the west suburbs.
Ghouls- 30 names. Each file lists a Name, residency and occupation. 12 of the names are cops.

The prince did mention that Jace was recruited for his hacking abilities. There are implications there that they also want you to commit cyber terrorism/ identity theft.

Whip-poor-will
2012-07-17, 12:23 PM
Joey smiles at Jace's observation. "Actually, yes, I'm rather skilled in the art of necromancy. Death and dope, those are my specialties "

daelrog
2012-07-17, 10:20 PM
Jace tries not to look too long at Edward when he starts grinning. A bit too zealous for Jace's tastes, then again, that's probably what they need.

He responds to Joey. "That's pretty cool, the death part. Figure that'll come in handy sooner than later."

As he looked at the names, Jace gave a low whistle. "Guess you called it Edward, looks like we know who's on the Prince's crap list. Wonder if any Nosferatu would have been on it if I wasn't here." Wonder if it would have been my name? He didn't bother to check out the three Brujah, or the Caitiff fro that matter, you never knew, to see if any matched the description of the one kindred he met at the party who seemed to be cool with appearance and not a bit unhinged.

"Well, I guess all three of us have our secrets, and that's all cool. I don't need to pry. I'm going to say straight off the bat that I'm not going to be of much use going one on one against any kindred. Kine, yeah. Ghoul, probably. Give me some heavy artillery though, but then again even a regular guy can do that. However, I should be able to hack into the banks, and I will be making life hard for more than one of our targets. I'll also do some snooping on the side, see if I can't learn more about some of the places, and people, we're hitting.

"As for the safehouses, I vote for the warehouse. In a neighborhood, the only easy way to get my normal set up running and off thee grid is to siphon power fro mthe neighbors, and that'll draw attention sooner or later. That, and I really don't want to be in a neighborhood."

As Jace looked through it, a few troublesome things went through his mind. There was the Malkavian which looked to be trouble. They gave Jace the creeps, and to face one so old? Then there were how many cops they had the option of busting. It didn't surprise him how many were ghouls, just how many were expendable. If he was true Sabbat, he'd go for them first, the loss in police ties could let the Sabbat slip in under the rise in crime, and the Camarilla could be a victim of the police too. Jace liked to assume there were even more contacts the Prince kept within, but he couldn't be sure.

And the face was, Jace wasn't Sabbat. It was dawning on him more and more that he'd have to change his tune soon enough, if he was going to help pull this off.

"Oh, and I vote we go to all three of the Prince's caches of goods in the next couple weeks. No reason to turn down something free."

Narmoth
2012-07-18, 01:49 AM
"To bad, I would have wanted to live comfortable, but the warehouse it is then..." Edward consents before continuing
"Now, we can't draw to much attention to ourselves, and should try to take low profile targets first. At the same time, we should try to get in contact with at least some on the list and present ourselves as allies to the Sabbath" he proposes

Whip-poor-will
2012-07-18, 11:01 AM
"I agree that the warehouse would be the best option." He pauses for a moment before continuing, "And I could send some ghosts to check out our supplies, if needed."

CowMasterTrojan
2012-07-18, 08:21 PM
Assuming one of you has a car, and no further questions/comments, the three of you head out to the safe-house. Given the time of night, Traffic is non-existent. As such, you get there in less than an hour.

When you pull in, the address on the doors matches the one on the USB. Before you sits a large two story warehouse made primarily of brick, that seems to be slightly run down. The windows have been boarded up, the sides are covered in gang graffiti, and it just looks like an old building. A fire escape exists on the back-side of the building, and there are two doors you can see to enter. Double doors on the side, and a single door on the front. There appears to be no ground level windows.

daelrog
2012-07-22, 09:03 PM
"Now this is my kind of place. Vast improvement over the sewers." Jace moved to step into the warehouse first. "I'll try to see if I can start setting up my operations or if I'll need some extra wiring to get the job done."

CowMasterTrojan
2012-07-22, 09:16 PM
Which set of doors are you going in? Side double doors, or front single door?

daelrog
2012-07-22, 09:31 PM
The front, single door.

CowMasterTrojan
2012-07-22, 09:38 PM
The front door isn't locked, and leads into a office area. There's a counter and a hallway that leads to two small offices. At the end of the hallway is a door into the factory. The place is pretty much abandoned, but if you bother to flip on the lights, it looks like someone was nice enough to pay the electric bill.

daelrog
2012-07-23, 02:06 AM
Jace gave a low whistle when the power came on. "Well nevermind. All right boys, this is going to take me a couple hours to set things up just how I like them. I liked you idea Milliner, if your spooks can check out what gear the good Prince left us, we'll know what to get and when." He moved to one of the offices, taking his backback off. "Oh, and Edward, I'm still nto convinced those are names of Sabbat we have on the USB drive. I mean, no Lasombra or Tzimisce, and over about half are either Brujah or Caitiff. Looks more like the kindred he doesn't like. I'll see if I can find out more about oen or two of them to get a better idea before sunrise."

Rolls, cause I can...
Setting up his system
Compueters + Intelligence = 9
[roll0]

He's going to investigate the two Toreador on his computer. Jace figures if any of the kidnred on the list have a profile on the internet, it would be the two degenerates.

Investigation + Perception = 6
One over a hundred
[roll1]

One under a hundred
[roll2]

Finally, he reached out online with his minor contacts to see if he could get any insight of potential Sabbat activity in the city.
Contacts 3
[roll3]

CowMasterTrojan
2012-07-23, 07:22 PM
Your suspicions are correct, and you find that both Torreadors have a facebook account. Both are listed as being born in Chicago. The male of the two, Daniel Gaigapan, appears to have used his real age, as he looks like he's maybe 23 but his facebook birthdate would make him 38. The girl, Samantha Rodriguez, also appears to be in her mid twenties but does not display her personal information.

You also are quickly able to deduce that they both have been born in the Chicago-Illinois area. Nothing comes up that would even indicate Sabbat connections. (even beyond your facebook searches). However Daniel does have a lot of anti corporation statements that he makes public online. In addition, he makes several statements that "The generations before us will never..." and you can end that with "understand us, care about us more than pawns, get how the real world works, etc".

A few of your contacts heard of the attack on a night club, Night Q. Some guys came in and started shooting the place up. Two deaths, no one was caught. Fingers are being pointed and some think it was the Sabbat.

daelrog
2012-07-23, 09:37 PM
"Now I know what I don't go to the parties. This isn't Sabbat guys, these are the kindred they want removed. It's killing two birds with one stone. We infiltrate the Sabbat and take care of their annoyances at the same time. We've been turned into catspaws, boys. I say we stick to blowing up the Denny's for now."

I figure that took some time, and it's been a long night already. Figure Jace will sleep under his desk tonight.

Narmoth
2012-07-24, 11:02 AM
"I see..." Edward replies to the information that it was not Sabbath-members they were to take out
"And it's a big difference to you? After all, the "crime" of both is that they don't conform to the desires of our prince"
Then, preparing to move his things into the second office, he casually points out:
"You do realize that we have a larger than comfortable chance to get on such a list ourselves? You should start thinking up contingency plans for such an occasion"

Whip-poor-will
2012-07-25, 01:10 AM
Joey fidgets a bit before looking to Jace. "Yes, I'll just need to get set up and make a few phone calls." Before wandering off to set up shop, he looks between his new companions. "Of course we're just doing your prince's dirty work. If he feels the need to involve my family, what other kind of work would we be doing? We all accepted payment for this job. We're criminals, fellas, it's time to start acting like it." And on that note, he turns on his heel, and begins searching for a work space.

daelrog
2012-07-25, 01:43 AM
Jace wanted to counter Edward, but he had a point. He liked Joey's remark even less, but had to concede there as well.

"Yeah, I'll try to think of some stuff. Make sure our worth is more to the Prince, than the secrets he just handed to us." He yawned. "All right, I'm going to catch an early night's rest. Starting tomorrow I'll start to take a look at some bank accounts, and businesses. Maybe track down a few targets. If we get some of the supplies I suppose I can start settign up some defenses too." He cracked his neck, started lay down under his desk to go to sleep.

He wasn't sure if not setting a price for his service was a good thing or not. On one hand, he could up it a bit now that he knew what a crap job it really was. Then again, that might have been too smart of a move. Just as Edward said, he could find himself on that list too.

CowMasterTrojan
2012-08-04, 12:27 PM
With no obvious place to go, as Jace and Edward have each taken an office for their resting place, Joey finds himself looking for a place to crash as well. Assuming he doesn't want to sleep behind the front counter, he goes looking for somewhere else to crash. Dawn is very close at best, and already arrived at worst.

Opening the door into the factory, he immediately see's several abandoned assembly lines spread throughout the warehouse area. A fork lift in decent condition seems to have been parked very close to the door, and so Joey does have to squeeze through a little. Once he does so, two things jump to his attention. The first; on the other side of the warehouse area is a office elevated to about what would be the 2nd story of the building, and you could see everything in the warehouse from there. The second, is that there is a metal drum in the center of the room with a dying fire. Three men, who appear to be homeless from where you stand, are sleeping around it.

Whip-poor-will
2012-08-05, 04:21 PM
Joey stops for a moment at the sight of the sleeping humans, but then decides morning was too close for a snack. So, he heads to second story office.

CowMasterTrojan
2012-08-06, 12:30 PM
Joey finds a much better office than the one up front. And the door locks quite nicely. Lucky for you, it wasn't already locked.

Everyone
For those still playing, the night has come to an end. Night one was considered a chapter.

Please answer the following:
What has my character learned from the night's transgressions?

daelrog
2012-08-06, 08:03 PM
What Jace learned...
-Jace practiced using the first two dots of obfuscate to get into the Trump Tower considering he has yet to master mask of a thousand face

-He got a much better understanding how the Elders operate, from the meeting with the Prince, to discovering how they've become catspaws

-He pulled a few chuckles from people with his humor

-Not usually going to social functions, he saw a lot of new faces and interactions

-Probably read up a little more on the Technomancy files he has

-He learned more about the city reading through the files of targets from locations, to kindred, to ghouls, etc

-He learned more on the two Toreador targets when he investigated them

-He learned a couple details about the Sabbat, that they work in independent cells, as well as their strategy taking down a few cities

-Practice setting up his computer system

-He learned true love, that he didn't mind his conversation with the athletic Brujah? woman

Whip-poor-will
2012-08-06, 08:48 PM
Joey learned more about the Camarilla and Sabbat, but that's about it.

Narmoth
2012-08-07, 12:57 PM
Edward has learned that
- quite a lot of non-kindred guests at his parties, including those dressed up as Nosferatu. If it's threatening or strengthening the masquerade he is uncertain of.
-it's not the quality of drinks that has become worse, but that he simply can't drink anything without blood in (not that I think xp should be awarded for that)
- mrs. Miller of the Brujah clan, that argued with the prince will probably be able to kill Edward according to William. That's uncomfortable, and Edward thinks he should find a way to even the odds in case such an occurrence came up
- that some in the princes retinue are adept at getting people hypnotized or otherwise set into a trance like the couple that he carried into the study of the prince. He guesses that's how the prince usually feeds.
- that the prince and William claim that the Sabbat are entering, or have already entered, Chicago and the surrounding area to take over the city. This information is not yet confirmed, and they need to check for actual reports of Sabbat activity (keeping in mind the posibility of other groups pretending to be Sabbat).
- the Sabbat threat is used as a tool to get rid of several unwanted kindred, who's demise will be blamed on the Sabbat.
- that the Giovanni clan sets family before everything and sires new vampires from families already connected to them.
- the location of supplies they can (and should) take in use
- that their backup plan leaves much to be desired (taking them somewhere, but not saying what awaits them there)

CowMasterTrojan
2012-08-08, 03:30 PM
The day comes and goes without event. After sundown, those with Higher humanity and younger age awake first. I am not certain, but I believe Jace awakens before Edward.

The thing that immediately comes to the attention of those in the front office, is voices. There are three unknown male voices just outside your sleeping space. They seem to be chatting causally with each other, telling stories of the good old days.

Everyone loses one blood point from awaking.

daelrog
2012-08-08, 08:23 PM
Jace is down to six blood points.

"Damn." Jace muttered under his breath. Why were there voices? Three of them? He looked at his clothes. They were drab enough to make him seem a beggar. He rubbed his eyes, feeling his dry, leathery skin. Oh right, he was an inhuman monster no matter what he wore.

Jace kept his eyes open, feeling for his sunglasses and putting them on, to cover the light emenating from them. He wasn't inclined to move, not until he heard his new friends as well. Scaring three kine and sending them in three different directions in a masquerade breach was not his idea of a good day. That was assuming they were human.

Whip-poor-will
2012-08-10, 10:02 PM
When Joey awakes, he begins to pace around his new office. He summons his four spirit slaves, commands the first three to see what the Camarilla prince left for them in the lockers, and sends the fourth to check out the warehouse before he proceeds any further.

CowMasterTrojan
2012-08-10, 10:12 PM
Out of curiosity, what do you use to talk to your spirit slaves?
As you would expect, the fourth spirit is back first. The men from last night have moved into the office area, and are talking just outside where Jace and Edward are located. They are separated but Both Kindred appear to be awake and about to make a move on the three ghouls.

Narmoth
2012-08-12, 01:40 PM
Edward slowly wakes up. He curses under his breath: he was never a morning person, and with the curse it carried over to evenings. A hot shower would have done it for him before, but now he found no joy in such things.
Then he crawls to the door of the office he took, wanting to take a closer look at the origins of the voices unseen.

CowMasterTrojan
2012-08-12, 03:37 PM
Edward sees three men, all dressed somewhat similar to what you would expect a homeless person to be wearing. They're all dirty and have beards of some degree. Their clothes are worn out, and they look slightly crazed in appearance. All of them in their mid thirties.

But they talk like normal people, chatting about the 'good ole days'. They don't appear to notice you immediately, and you get the impression that Jace is also awake in his office. Edward has no idea where Joey is however.

Whip-poor-will
2012-08-13, 05:57 PM
"Oh, those guys." Joey says as he begins to change. After he dons his usual street clothes, he loads his handgun and pops one in the chamber. Well, I guess those phone calls will have to wait.

Joey heads towards the main office area to greet their guests.

CowMasterTrojan
2012-08-13, 08:23 PM
Is anyone else doing anything?

daelrog
2012-08-13, 08:46 PM
Jace is not. He is content to lie low. I'm afraid he's not much of an action hero.:smallredface:

Narmoth
2012-08-14, 04:29 AM
"How convenient... dinner is served for all of us.." Edward smirks to himself, but that was of course not the whole truth. Yes, some would have to die, but Edward could still not bring himself to feed on someone that didn't deserve such a violation. Still, if he went down to them, he would quite likely attack them, for he was very hungry. So he decides to lay low and listen to their talk, hoping they will say anything that he could interpret as making them deserve to be reduced from "thinking being with intrinsic value" to "breakfast".

CowMasterTrojan
2012-08-14, 10:25 AM
"Hey, did either of you hear something just now?"
"Maybe it's one of them waking up..."
"Oh, how exciting..."
The youngest of the three calls out at mid volume "Hey, are either of you awake yet?"

Before you can respond however, you hear a door opening. Joey walks in on three very surprised looking men, and he immediately knows they knew nothing about his presence. They turn defensively toward him, seeing his gun in hand.
"Hey, you can't come in here. This is private territory." The middle one says, reaching into his jacket.

Whip-poor-will
2012-08-14, 01:03 PM
Assuming I have to roll initiative [roll0]

Anger surges through Joey after this humans act of disrespect and he swings his gun towards the middle human. A smile crosses his face as he plans his next move.

If the human moves, Joey shoots at him. [roll1]

CowMasterTrojan
2012-08-14, 02:38 PM
You did initiative wrong. Initiative is d10+wits+dex. So if you had a dex of 3, and a wits of 4, you would roll 1d10+7.

His initiative
[roll0]

He's pulling a army knife out and lunging at you.
The others seem to be backing into the office, one in each, their backs turned to Edward and Jace. Their attention is on Joey.

Joey's attack roll had 5 successes, so roll 4 extra damage dice.

Narmoth
2012-08-14, 03:14 PM
Edward rises up and prepares to give the one backing in to him a good kick in the ass to send him flying across the room. Things were getting interesting...but Edward would at least give them a sporting chance

CowMasterTrojan
2012-08-14, 04:22 PM
Okay, if you're joining in then I need a iniative roll and any other rolls you would need to make.

daelrog
2012-08-14, 09:08 PM
Right...

Initiative: 5+1d10

Brawl attack: [roll0]

Strength: [roll1]

"Right, showtime." Jace rolled out from under the desk. It ws clear they weren't normal people, and his thought of guilt had disappeared knowing that. He'd try to grapple at least one of them if he could, pull his share for the team, as he could hear Joey, and no doubt the scary one would be near as well.

daelrog
2012-08-14, 09:11 PM
Right, trying initiative again.

[roll0]

Whip-poor-will
2012-08-15, 12:47 AM
Rolling for damage [/roll]4d10[/roll]

Whip-poor-will
2012-08-15, 12:49 AM
totally messed that up [roll0]

CowMasterTrojan
2012-08-15, 10:15 AM
Joey's Initiative [roll0]

Joey's gun has a damage rating of 4, with 4 extra successes that means he rolls a total of 8 damage dice.
[roll1] (don't forget the 'v' at the end of 'roll':smallwink:)

The man's knife attack
[roll2]

If he hits, his damage.
[roll3], and extra rolls for extra successes. [roll4]

CowMasterTrojan
2012-08-15, 10:19 AM
Okay, at some point Joey needs to roll to soak 2 lethal damage.

Jace manages to grab the man, catching him easily by surprise. He doesn't resist you for more than a second, and then says in a very quiet and frightened tone "....My lord?"

Edward
If you're joining in, I need initiative and a Brawl+strength if you want to grab the other guy just like Jace.

Narmoth
2012-08-16, 07:52 AM
Initiative for Edward [roll0]
Edward is still more interested to kick the intruder than to catch him: [roll1]

CowMasterTrojan
2012-08-16, 10:23 AM
I'm sorry guys, this is turning into more of a combat than I anticipated, and things are currently disorganized. I will be making some rolls for edward and Joey, then we will do this correctly for round 2.

Edward has one success, so his kick does strength+1 damage.
[roll0]

The man gets to soak this damage however
[roll1]

CowMasterTrojan
2012-08-16, 10:25 AM
Dang it, forgot the soak roll for Joey.
[roll0]

CowMasterTrojan
2012-08-16, 10:41 AM
Round Summary

The man with the knife (guy 1), pulls a knife from his jacket and lunges at Joey. He moves fast for a human. Almost at the same second that he connects the knife to Joey's ribcage, Joey pulls the trigger and puts a bullet right into his chest. The man's strength seems to sap and he staggers backwards but is still standing up. Joey clothes are torn on his side, and he is indeed cut, but the wound is so shallow that it doesn't even hurt.

Meanwhile Guy 2 freaks out and starts backing into the office on the right, where Jace comes from behind and grabs him. The man hardly resists, and Jace manages to keep him held in one place with little trouble. If he decides to feed, it would be very easy at the moment.

Finally Guy 3 runs backs into the office on the left, where he doesn't see edward. However Edward was waiting for this and drop kicks him in the back, sending him flying back into the hallway where his head collides with the wall. The man falls to the ground, and slowly rolls over to give you a very confused look.

Round 2 Initiative
Jace [roll0]
Joey [roll1]
Edward [roll2]

Guy 1 [roll3]
Guy 3 [roll4]

Guy 3 is standing up, and fleeing.
Guy 1 is trying to knock the gun out of Joey's hand.

Declare what you are doing and make necessary rolls.

daelrog
2012-08-16, 08:24 PM
Master? What the hell was he talking about. "What the hell are you talking about? Why did you call me master?" He gave the man an extra shake of his shoulders.

Perception + Empathy?

[roll0]

Narmoth
2012-08-17, 04:42 AM
Edward draws from his hip a mean looking over sized revolver and points on the man who he kicked:
"Pray you're better at talking than you are at flying, for there's no way you'll get away from me!"
he says grave seriously, like a priest at an execution by hanging

(Manipulation + Intimidation? 4+5)
[roll0]

Whip-poor-will
2012-08-18, 06:10 PM
A low growl escapes from Joey as he pops another round in the chamber and points his gun at the man who cut him. He looks himself over to assess the damage before looking back at the man "Be glad my associates aren't of the same school of thinking as me. Personally, I'd enjoy nothing more than draining every bit of life force from you and dumping your body in the river, but the consensus seems that we're going to listen to what you have to say."
Manipulation + Intimidation [roll0]

CowMasterTrojan
2012-08-19, 09:58 PM
Joey
The man is clearly hurt badly by the bullet wound. It was a clean shot into his chest. He holds an arm over it, with the knife still pointed at you. But after your words he looks tired and confused. He looks back at the location of the others and then back to you.
"You... are with... them?" He says somewhat puzzled.

Edward
Your words affect the man, but not how you desired. His face becomes filled with terror, and he springs to his feet. Turning, he runs hard for the front door. Your words had fallen on empty ears it would seem. Or ignorant.

Jace
The man trembles in your hold, and he speaks softly as he answers you.
"Are you not the lords we were told to serve? We were told they would appear during the night, and sleep during the day. They said the lords would give us the... Vital... I think that's what it's called. They said if we served the lords we could have it again. We want it. Are you not the lords?"

Since Combat is still technically going on, I rolled initiative once more. If you let guy 3 get away, it's very likely combat will be over. But that's your choice. Speak or declare your actions.
Jace [roll0]
Joey [roll1]
Edward [roll2]

Guy 1 [roll3]
Guy 2 [roll4]
Guy 3 [roll5]

Narmoth
2012-08-20, 04:24 AM
Edward will fire at the man trying to get away, aiming to wound, not to kill

Whip-poor-will
2012-08-20, 11:18 AM
Joey lowers his gun just a bit and scowls "It seems that there is a misunderstanding"

daelrog
2012-08-21, 08:15 PM
Jace let go of the man and stepped back. "We were not told about you." He looked back at the one who ran. "Bring him back." It was an order to the ghoul who wasn't shot, if Edward wasn't able to stop the man.

CowMasterTrojan
2012-08-22, 07:16 PM
Jace
You actually don't know that one of the ghouls is shot. But you do see one running by the office you are in, and if I am understanding correctly you just ordered the one you were grappling to go after him.

Provided that statement is true, the man nods and runs after the runner.

Edward & Joey
Joey hasn't done anything yet, is it fair to say he isn't firing his gun again? He does have a shot at the 1st runner.

Provided the statement I gave for Jace is true, Edward would see the ghoul that was in the office with Jace also making a run for it. You can shoot him instead if you like, it would be an easier shot. Or you can target the first one to run, just make the roll to hit and damage.

daelrog
2012-08-22, 07:40 PM
Yes, that is what Jace was going for. "His" ghoul goes after the one running away.

Narmoth
2012-08-23, 02:53 AM
Edward shoots at the man that he tried to intimidate into surrendering:
[roll0]

CowMasterTrojan
2012-08-23, 04:14 PM
Knowing your shot is coming, he takes a dive at the last second trying to avoid getting hit.

[roll0]

The bullet barely misses him and he tumbles through the door.

Does anyone other than the ghoul pursue him?

daelrog
2012-08-23, 07:47 PM
Jace mutters a curse. He doesn't follow, but he looks around, looking for cameras, looking for anything else the Prince, or whoever, had left them without them knowing. Yes, the cameras. He had monitors in his place, and likely was watching this spectacle even now.

What would you say Jace should roll to try to find any cameras or anything else out of place in the warehouse?

CowMasterTrojan
2012-08-23, 08:24 PM
Perception+security to find security systems and hidden cameras. To find things that are out of place... Intelligence+alertness.

Narmoth
2012-08-24, 04:22 PM
Edward runs after the man

CowMasterTrojan
2012-08-24, 04:36 PM
Alright, I need self control checks from Joey and Jace.

Once Edward gets out of the building, he has another shot. The 2nd man calls out to the first one, telling him to come back. However at this point he doesn't appear to be stopping.

Narmoth
2012-08-24, 04:39 PM
Edward remembers he's faster than an average man, so he holsters his gun on the run and in stead tries to close in on the man to grapple him and bring him down that way

CowMasterTrojan
2012-08-24, 06:25 PM
Apparently you all run at the same speed, so I will be making rolls for an extended chase. Unless you would prefer to spend blood to increase your dex. Your call.

daelrog
2012-08-24, 09:32 PM
Self Control
[roll0]

daelrog
2012-08-25, 12:24 AM
Accidently must have pressed the the reply button twice for my self control check. The other roll was even better, but I think a 9 passes. I'll delete this post if it's stepping on any toes, but as Edward's chasing, and Joey's lowered his gun, I think combat is over.

Jace shook his head. What a mess this was. "Right, I'm going to see what other gifts were put here that we don't know about." Joey began looking around the office trying to see if any cameras wwere left in place, or if anything else seemed odd. The thought of the Elders seeing how ugly things had turned this evening wasn't something Jace wanted to consider, but he had to. As of last night, the three of them had been expendable. They knew who the Prince wanted out of the way, and they were going to become enemies of the Camarilla, just as easy for the Prince to say he knew nothing about it. No, they had to play it smart, and part of that was not being watched.

Perception(3) + Security(2)=5
[roll0]

Intelligence(4) + Alertness(1)=5
[roll1]

CowMasterTrojan
2012-08-25, 01:05 AM
Jace tears he front area apart, looking for anything that doesn't belong or any tiny piece of surveillance equipment. He finds no camera or microphone, but he does find the lining of the wall is newer than the wall/floor, and easily peels it back. Once done, he finds brand new electrical wires have recently been installed here. What does this mean? Most likely one of two things, either the power for this building is likely off the grid, or the wires power something that is off the grid that you haven't discovered yet. The only way to find out is to disconnect them. If it is off the grid, that could disrupt a fragile connection. Or if it is powering something you haven't discovered, you don't know what that might do.

Either way, you still have the factory and the newly discovered secondary office area to look over if you're willing to spend the time.

Meanwhile, the man with the bullet in him seems to be crying in pain as he attempts to pull the bullet out of him. He's turned quite pale, and is not looking well.

Narmoth
2012-08-25, 01:49 PM
Edward will spend one blood point to increase his dex then

CowMasterTrojan
2012-08-25, 03:33 PM
Alright, it takes you a few rounds, but easily pass the first man and then catch up to the second man. At this point your point is to tackle him, correct?

Make a Strength+Brawl,
followed by an opposed Dex+athletics.

Narmoth
2012-08-26, 07:54 AM
Strength+Brawl = 4+0 [roll0]
Dex+Athletics = 4+2 [roll1]

Whip-poor-will
2012-08-26, 04:07 PM
self control [roll0]

CowMasterTrojan
2012-08-26, 08:18 PM
His dex+athletics [roll0]

Your damage to save time [roll1]
And His soak roll [roll2]

After a short chase, you overcome the man and lunge onto him. Digging your elbow into him, you try to take him straight to the ground. Surprisingly however, neither of you fall down, but Edward stills manages to maintain his hold over him. After a moment the man begins crying out, begging you not to kill him. Seconds later, the second man catches up to the two of you, and kneels over, clearly winded from the chase that has left you unphased.

Jace & Joey
The self control checks were for the sight of blood that is all over the hallway. You both made it however. The man surprises Joey, who I imagine is guarding him well, as he takes the tip of his knife and begins attempting to dig the bullet out of his side.

Narmoth
2012-08-27, 12:55 PM
Edward grabs hold of the neck of the man he pursued with the words:
"Now you've made me regret ever seeing you... For this little run, I will make you regret the same..." which he says in a cold, calm, businesslike manner
He then grabs with his free hand for the other man. If he succeeds in holding them both, he will pull them back to the rest of the group

CowMasterTrojan
2012-08-27, 01:18 PM
The other guy seems to be cooperating with you fully, and does not resist you. You manage to drag them both back into the building.

Make a self control check based on all the blood.

Narmoth
2012-08-27, 01:29 PM
Self control Edward: [roll0]

Edward tosses the one he didn't pursue on the floor towards Jace and Joey, while maintaining a firm grip on the other man:
"This would have been a much more pleasant experience for you if you had stayed in the first place, for now I will not hold back" he grins with a disturbing mix of sadism and hunger on his face

CowMasterTrojan
2012-08-29, 11:10 AM
Alright, you have three ghouls. (None of them your ghouls yet:smallsmile:). One of them had a bullet in him, but has pulled it out and appears to have healed some. One of them is bruised and walks with a limp. The final one is fine. They seem to be just standing there, looking at you three uncomfortably and not saying anything.

Meanwhile, Jace is tearing the place apart looking for.... Well Joey and Edward aren't really sure what he's looking for. He didn't make that entirely clear.

Is there anything the two of you would like to say/do?

Whip-poor-will
2012-08-29, 03:56 PM
Joey sticks his gun back into his waist band and turns to Edward, "Deal with them, I have important calls to make. " And without saying anything else, he heads back to his office.

Narmoth
2012-08-30, 01:23 AM
Edward "flips the bird" to Joey as he hears that he has to deal with those three himself. It was kind of disappointing, and he was feeling more inclined to kill them than interrogate them, but that would hardly do in the situation.
"Well, let's start with the basics, lads: who told you to look for us here?"

CowMasterTrojan
2012-08-30, 01:33 AM
The uninjured one chimes up. "He didn't give us his name. He was a rich looking older guy, with slightly grayed slick hair and a short beard. He wore a nice black suit. He gave us some stuff. Tasted... like nothing I've ever had before. I think he called it 'Vital' or something. His instructions were clear. Wait here and serve those who show up, and they would give us more."

Narmoth
2012-08-30, 04:09 AM
"So, some guy walks up to you, gives you some stuff and you proceed to put it in your mouth? Sounds like a good plan..." Edward smiles mockingly
"Well, tell how you met, where and so on!" he demands

CowMasterTrojan
2012-08-31, 01:12 PM
Edward
"No... it's not like that at all. The man in the suit. They grabbed us when we were coming home from the VFW... They forced us to drink it the first time. And then brought us here...."

Joey
"Cousin! How have you been?" The voice greets you on the phone.
What kind of contact is your cousin? IE drugs? weapons?

Whip-poor-will
2012-09-01, 02:30 AM
weapons

Joey smiles at the sound of his cousin's voice, "Things are good, cousin. Somehow I got roped into working with the Camarilla. Long story, I'll explain later. " He clears his throat and continues, "I was wondering if you could hook me up with some heat, cousin? Maybe some AK's or somethin'? "

Narmoth
2012-09-01, 03:55 AM
Edward sighs, then frowns
"So now there's more than one? See, that's the kind of information you're supposed to give straight away. Try to describe all of them..." his voice turns almost into a growl: "...in detail this time!"

CowMasterTrojan
2012-09-03, 02:50 AM
Edward
Roll intelligence+empathy

Joey
"Of course cousin. How many will you be needing? For you... I can get some unregistered ones for 500 each. A very good deal cousin."

Jace
What's he doing?

Narmoth
2012-09-03, 07:57 AM
Edward: int=2+emp=3

[roll0]

Narmoth
2012-09-03, 08:06 AM
edit:
[roll0]

Whip-poor-will
2012-09-03, 12:35 PM
"I'll only be needing three, cousin. Oh, and do you think you could find some grenades? I believe we may need some. "

CowMasterTrojan
2012-09-03, 12:56 PM
Joey
"Three? Of course cousin. That should be no problem. And grenades, all I have is a case of them. I would usually sell them for three, but because you are my cousin, I will give you them at cost. It sounds important after all. Two then. How does that sound cousin? Will I be dropping them off or will you be picking them up?"

Edward
You go through their stories several times. They basically were all abducted by the same people, and you come to suspect if you haven't already that those people fit the description of William and his goons nicely. All of them vets, all of them with basically no one who cares they will be missing.

Whip-poor-will
2012-09-03, 03:50 PM
"That sounds perfect, cousin. And it would be helpful if you could drop them off, I will supply money for gas if you need it. I owe you one, Benny. " Joey tells him the address of the warehouse and hangs up.

daelrog
2012-09-03, 08:32 PM
Jace moves towards the factory. "I'm finding out if the Elders left any more surprises for us." He went to check the factory first, and upon seeing the secondary office, that as well. He was in a poor mood. What the Prince and Seneschal were thinking leaving them a surprise like that he had no idea. Perhaps they found it amusing.

Perception + Security = 5

Factory: [roll0]
Second Office: [roll1]

CowMasterTrojan
2012-09-04, 01:18 PM
After about an hour of tearing the place apart Jace concludes that either there is nothing else hidden here, or it is hidden well enough he can't find it.

About 3 hours after that, the first of the ghosts return. The others will slowly show up, but they all report the same thing in the storage lockers. 3 semi-automatic weapons. Two satellite phones . 1 Kevlar vests, various tools and wires, and the rest of the area is packed with C-4.

Narmoth
2012-09-04, 03:23 PM
Having gone over the stories Edward wearily concludes:
"You stay right here, you bunch of sad tossers. Then we'll decide what to do with you..."

he then goes over to the rest of his group and informs them of the stories:
"So what do we do with them? I have to admit I regret that I didn't empty one of them when I caught him, but now it seems we have some sort of responsibility for them..."

daelrog
2012-09-04, 07:50 PM
Jace was flustered, but he didn't let it put his spirits down. "Clearly we have to get them sobered up, get them job training, and use our network to see that they become upstanding citizens again." He thought for a second. "Not too sure how the Sabbat handles ghouls, but we really could use the eyes and ears by day." He shrugged. "I think we should keep them all, but all I'm insisting is to keep the one who helped you tail the runner."

He moved to work at his computer. "I'm going to start cracking some bank accounts. I'll wait until I have enough of the businesses and kindred's passwords until I can make a big splash."

That's the plan for Jace for now, unless someone suggests something else. His goals is to get to crack both banks, five of the restuarants, two of the nightclubs, and ten of the police officers, in that order.

This probably needs numerous rolls, and may take more than one night, but here's the first.

Intelligence (4) + Computer (5) = 9
-2 Difficulty for Computer Aptitude merit

[roll0]

Whip-poor-will
2012-09-05, 02:55 PM
Joey lights up a cigarillo and returns to the group. "Well, we don't have to worry about firepower for this little endeavor. The prince left us a few guns, a bullet-proof vest, two phones and some kind of tools, and I just purchased some Ak-47's and a case of grenades. " A smile crosses his face as he gives himself a mental pat on the back. "So, what are we going to do about our new little human pets?"

Narmoth
2012-09-08, 07:03 AM
"Well, we don't have time to make upstanding citizen of them, Jace, so that leaves us with cannon fodder and food...." Edward points out
"Personally, I'm leaning to the later, since we have all just risen."

Whip-poor-will
2012-09-12, 10:25 PM
Joey leans back against the wall and blows out a cloud of smoke, "Honestly, I could care less what happens to them. They could be useful, but it's also not safe to have this many witnesses around. If we do decide to keep 'em, I think I could put one of 'em to use." The wheels were turning inside his head as he spoke. He was hatching an idea, but he wasn't too sure if his companions would go for it, so he decided to keep his mouth shut for a while.

Narmoth
2012-09-13, 02:18 AM
"I can live with that. But I'm a man for my word, and I promised to kill the w*nker who ran! What about the one who stayed? Did he surrender?" Edward takes out a long bladed knife

daelrog
2012-09-13, 02:39 AM
The fast strumming of Jace's fingers hitting the keyboard added a background noise to the conversation. "He got confused. Didn't know that Joey was with two fully fledged Camarilla." Jace gave a sigh. "Like I said just keep the one who helped you alive. We could use the eyes and ears by day."

Narmoth
2012-09-13, 07:39 AM
"Confused?" Edward turns around to Jace, his casual laziness gone in an instant
"Please explain. For if they didn't know how many we were, then they're not from the prince!"

CowMasterTrojan
2012-09-13, 01:31 PM
Just something to point out a important fact I may have glossed over. They've all been waiting around here for just under a week. About 5 days.

Narmoth
2012-09-16, 02:49 PM
Edward continues:
"Or they aren't given much updates... Anyway, while you remain standing around here, I have some feeding to do"
he walks down to the one he had to run after:
"Come with me!" he commands laying a cold hand on his shoulder

CowMasterTrojan
2012-09-16, 03:10 PM
The man whimpers, but doesn't resist.

Narmoth
2012-09-17, 04:10 PM
After a while, Edward returns alone

Narmoth
2012-09-18, 02:56 AM
roll: [roll0]

Narmoth
2012-09-18, 01:57 PM
Edward turns to Jace "Now, have you found a suitable first target for us? Preferably something easy, so we can see how we work as a team and get used to the preferred methods of each other" Edward proposes with a look of overconfidence and false vigor.
His cheeks are red and his eyes have an unusual shine to them

daelrog
2012-09-20, 10:33 PM
"A target? I'm working on those targets right now. Hacking into their accounts, identity theft. They won't know what hit them." Jace gestured to Edward's sword-cane. "That can kill a kindred..." He pointed at his computer. "... this will corner them. I mean, I'd rather wait and pull their money out from under them before doing anything rash. I guess if you want to start taking the fight to them, I'd go with the Denny's. Save the big fish for a bit later."

Narmoth
2012-09-21, 09:03 AM
"The reason for the targets existence at all was that we should establish ourselves as a Sabbat group by taking them down. We have thus to do it in a noticeable way...." Edward points out

daelrog
2012-09-22, 06:21 AM
"Which is why I want to hit them all at once. If one kindred or one bank gets their accounts corrupted, it's not a big deal. If a dozen places crash at once, people are going to know." Jace continued to type and hack as he debated with Edward. "If we want to attack a place and make a big spectacle of it, the Denny's is our best bet. Even the Sabbat doesn't try to attract too much mortal attention on themselves, and that's the place that will most likely get passed off for a normal gang by the authorities. Throw a few little signs here and there, and the Camarilla will know better. Hopefully by the end of the week, I'll have enough places under my thumb to push the red button. Until then, my vote's on the small outfits."

Narmoth
2012-09-22, 08:26 AM
"Let's go with petty hooliganism then..." Edward smiles "I think we should aim more for looking as we do much harm than actually harming fellow kindred of Camarilla."

Whip-poor-will
2012-09-23, 02:09 PM
Joey frowns and begins to pace back and forth, "Perhaps we should wait until all preparations are complete before we do anything rash."

CowMasterTrojan
2012-09-28, 12:07 PM
The night passes uneventfully, as Jace takes his time hacking people. Eventually all of Joey's spirits return, and they all report identical objects within the lockers. Weapons, body armor, and explosives.

The two ghouls at some point do ask Edward if he killed their associate. They now speak to him with a great deal of fear. The one with a bullet inside him stops bleeding eventually, but he looks pretty pale.

Unless anything else needs to be done, the night comes and goes uneventfully.
Everyone sleeps the day away, and awakes one blood point lower. The ghouls now keep guard for you during the day, and so the following night they don't bother you as they are tired. So unless you ask something of them, they are out of the way.

That evening Joey's cousin shows up. Basically you hear a loud honking, and when you go to investigate he's waiting outside. Unless something bad goes down because of you guys, the deal goes down without a problem.

So the question is this: Joey and Edward basically are just sitting around currently while Jace hacks. Are they attempting to do anything else?

daelrog
2012-10-01, 08:57 PM
As Jace’s dry, leathery fingers raced across the keyboard, and as he danced between multiple hacks, watching the local news for signs of the Sabbat, and his own secret research into Technomancy, his mind drifted onto earlier times, in mortal days.

It was a calm evening, and he sat by himself at a mock 50’s diner. Famous pictures of the 50’s were hung all over the wall, the waitresses were dressed old fashioned, save their shoes. Most people went to places like this for the 24/7 breakfast, but he was a lunch kind of guy himself. A club sandwich, cheese fries, and a house salad. Diet coke to top it off. That’s when she walked in. Long legs, short red hair, pale skin, red lips. It wasn’t him that she was looking at, but his computer. The woman walked directly up to him.

“You strike me as a man who’s good with computers.”

Jace looked much better that day. Pink skin, two normal looking ears. Not a particularly handsome man with his long face, and plain features. He was speechless, mostly by how forward she was than her beauty, not that that helped.

“Oh, cat got you tongue. Such a pity.”

“You’re an odd one.” Jace smiled. “Would you care for a seat?”

Jace gave a heavy sigh. Hell was he doing in this warehouse with a fanatical killer and a kindred only here since he was threatened… not that there wasn’t an implied threatening for all of them.

This is my answer to keep myself involved even though Jace is more of a supporting character... for now.:smallamused: I'll post bits and pieces of his past to flesh him out a bit more.

Whip-poor-will
2012-10-02, 01:24 PM
A childlike grin crosses Joey's face as he examines the Ak's. He picks one up and gives it a good once over before saying "This is going to be fun"

Narmoth
2012-10-02, 03:04 PM
Edward sighs, then turns to Joey
"You know, I'm not going to sit around here looking at the text moving on the computer screen. I propose at least you and I go out and do something. We could try to rough up some of the kindred on the list. Nothing to hard, since we're not real Sabbat. Just to make us look more like the role we're trying to fill."

Whip-poor-will
2012-10-08, 05:22 PM
Joey's eyes light up and he nods, "Of course, just to fill a role.". He smiles at Edward and chuckles to himself.

Narmoth
2012-10-09, 01:35 AM
"So Jace, any suitable target for us to scare? He should provide little resistance so we don't need to actually hurt him, and be of enough importance that someone would care what happened." Edward ignores Joey's chuckling

daelrog
2012-10-11, 01:21 AM
Jace would have furrowed his eyebrows if he had any. "Haven't taken a look at an of them save the two Toreador." He thought for a second. "Easy target probably rules out the old Malkavian, or any of the Brujah. Let me look at the Caitiff really quick."

Jace spent th next few minutes trying to find what he could on the three Caitiff targets, giving the info to Joey and Edward.

Intelligence + Investigation = 7

[roll0]

CowMasterTrojan
2012-10-11, 10:26 AM
Jace seems to be having some technical difficulties with his computer. He is unable to find anything out on the Catiffs.

daelrog
2012-10-11, 07:48 PM
Jace sighs. "Right, this is going to take longer. Still, there's the Toreador, the young one who's down with the establishment. Looks like a Sabbat recruitment target if you ask me. Until I figure out which of these Caitiffs aren't just tough as nails Gangrel waiting for their sires to show up, the Toreador's probably your best bet for now." He brought up the facebook page again and showed it.

CowMasterTrojan
2012-10-11, 09:45 PM
Face book doesn't have a lot of info

Daniel Gaigapan
Phone: 1-773-255-9764
http://us.123rf.com/400wm/400/400/adamr/adamr1111/adamr111100069/12295245-good-looking-young-nerd-smart-guy-man-using-tablet-computer.jpg

Narmoth
2012-10-12, 04:22 AM
"Sabbat recruitment, you say?" Edward smiles "We could try to recruit him then. That sounds like fun, and we would have a minion that would be useful, unlike the hobos that sit around downstairs."

Narmoth
2012-10-13, 03:24 PM
"Let's see if he has any phone you can track or something, Jace, and then I and whoever wants to join me will ride out and have a chat with him." Edward proposes

daelrog
2012-10-15, 10:09 PM
"You got it boss man."

Jace worked the computer hard, hoping he'd do better this time.

Going to go computer and intelligence here to access the phone records. -2 difficult for computer aptitude.

[roll0]

CowMasterTrojan
2012-10-16, 01:07 AM
So as always, when it comes to computers you have massive success. I'm not sure why you want his phone records, but you have them. I'm assuming the address, which you now have as well.

daelrog
2012-10-16, 01:14 AM
Yep, the address and maybe any other minor details that can help the others from a conversation.

Jace handed the address to Edward, and a few recent text conversations. "Knock yourself out."

Unless something else happens, Jace will spend the night switching between reading up on the Technomancy files he has, and trying to hank the banks.

Narmoth
2012-10-16, 01:38 PM
"Thanks!" Edward smiles to Jace, then goes down and pull outs his bike, a classic 60s model that has been heavily modified that the brand is no longer identifiable.
He then calls out to Joey:
"You want to ride with me, or you have a car or something?"

CowMasterTrojan
2012-10-19, 01:11 PM
Joey indeed has a car, and the two of you decide to drive separate for some reason.

It takes you about an hour to arrive at the place. It's a apartment townhouse in the Oak Park area.
http://www.usalifestylerealestate.com/images/upload/2011/06/11939_101438617_-_general_-_Chicago_townhouses.jpg

Curtains are drawn, so you can't see inside, but it appears the lights are on. So theoretically someone must be home.

Narmoth
2012-10-19, 02:03 PM
Edward grins as he parks his motorbike just in front of the staircase
"Have to remember not to fall over it if I for some reason have to make a run for it" he says to himself before walking up to the door and ringing the doorbell.

CowMasterTrojan
2012-10-19, 03:13 PM
Immediately after ringing the door bell, Edward hears the sound of dog barking. A big dog barking in fact. After a moment, someone comes near the door and yells at the dog to be quiet and get back. It obeys, and moments later the door opens. Sure enough, the face of the guy you're looking for peeks through the crack. The chain is still latched, but Edward is pretty sure he could still kick the door in with little trouble.
"Can I help you?" He asks, his voice slightly feminine in sound. He doesn't appear to be afraid of you. At least not yet.

Narmoth
2012-10-20, 04:03 AM
Edward smiles as he puts his hands on his hips, moving away the leather jaket and revealing a Cirith Ungol t-shirt with the album name "One foot in Hell" in big letters and asks with an ironic smile:
"Daniel Gaigapan, have you let Jesus Christ, your Savior, into your heart?"

CowMasterTrojan
2012-10-21, 11:27 PM
He gives you a firm "Piss off" and begins to shut the door. Then he stops. "Who the hell are you? and how do you know my name?"

Narmoth
2012-10-22, 02:32 AM
"Would you really want to discuss it outside, where anyone can hear you?" Edward puts on a quite menacing grin as he puts one foot clad in a heavy studded boot in the way of the closing door:
"You have already earned a track record of talking to much and in ways that to many can hear and understand...." he makes a pause to let the meaning behind his words sink in, before switching to a completely cheerful voice:
"So why don't you invite us in and learn about your Salvation?" he switches back to the sombre tone at the last word

CowMasterTrojan
2012-10-23, 12:45 AM
"... I have some company over right now. And you strike me as the type I shouldn't be inviting into my house just because you know my name." He thinks for a moment, clearly weighing your words.
"How about I meet you at a club in two hours? It's only a little after 11 now, most clubs will be open for hours. We can discuss business there. How does that sound?"

Narmoth
2012-10-23, 02:59 AM
"Sounds good. And by that I mean it sound that you want to make a run for it. But I like that. A good chase I hate to pass up on, but this time I think it's best if you invite me and my friend over there... he points at Joey "...in and introduce us as long gone school buddies or whatever, because it's your life handing in a thin thread, not mine." Edward explains in a more hushed tone than normal

CowMasterTrojan
2012-10-23, 03:07 AM
He spends another moment looking at you, contemplating your works. "Alright, alright, alright. That's not going to work. Hold on a second. I have an idea" He closes the door. A second later you hear the deadbolt clicking in place. "Hey Ashley, could you come down here? There's some people at the door who say they know you!" You can hear him yell from the other side of the door. You don't hear his companions response through the door, but you hear him yell again slightly further away "Well come to the door for a second and find out. I don't want to waste these people's time."

Narmoth
2012-10-23, 05:41 AM
"Joey, head around the back and look for other exits! We've got a runner here, and I'm expecting trouble"
Edward says quietly, but loud enough for Joey to hear as he readies his gun

CowMasterTrojan
2012-10-23, 12:48 PM
If you look at the picture you will notice the townhouses are connected. So to get to the back, one would have to go around several houses. Joey goes running around to the back, but it won't be quick to get there.

I'm getting the feeling Edward is about to kick in the door, how long is he waiting?

Narmoth
2012-10-23, 03:40 PM
Edwards waits about a minute. If nothing happens, he's going to force the door open, probably by shooting asunder the deadbolt, but for now he's waiting.

CowMasterTrojan
2012-10-24, 10:38 PM
It's a minute later...

Narmoth
2012-10-25, 03:10 AM
Edward shoots at the lock of the door with his heavy revolver

CowMasterTrojan
2012-10-25, 04:11 AM
Two shots and a good kick later, the door is now open. It appears he turned all the lights out, as the place is dark.

Narmoth
2012-10-26, 12:56 PM
"Idiot..." Edward sighs
"I still can hear and smell you..." he says to himself as he starts listening and smelling for Daniel Gaigapan

CowMasterTrojan
2012-10-29, 12:53 AM
Dex+stealth [roll0]

Dex+Melee [roll1]
Rapier Damage [roll2]

Extra rolls [roll3]

Groping around in the darkness, Edward sees and hears very little. Suddenly Edward feels the whoosh of air as something moves past him, followed by a loud Thunk. Edward immediately turns toward it, only to see a blur of a figure disappearing into the darkness. His should bumps something however, and he goes to feel it. It appears to be a rapier stuck into the wooden frame of the wall. It does take much to guess that his friend just tried to spear him with it, and missed horribly.

CowMasterTrojan
2012-10-29, 12:59 AM
Initiative
Edward [roll0]
Daniel [roll1]

Edward takes his turn first. He's in a room connected to dark hallway that connects to the front door area. Ahead of him is questionable. Normally in combat I would tell you what your opponent is doing, but you can't see him to know that.

Narmoth
2012-10-30, 07:08 AM
"So you want to do this the hard way then?" Edward growls as fires his gun in the general direction of his opponent, who he presumes is Daniel:

CowMasterTrojan
2012-10-31, 11:04 AM
Edward's bullet fires harmlessly into a wall, unable to see well enough to really hit anything that well. He can now hear the footsteps of who he presumes is Daniel however, and they appear to be moving away from Edward. Perhaps he lost his nerve after he lost his sword.

Narmoth
2012-11-01, 02:24 PM
Edward fires again

CowMasterTrojan
2012-11-02, 01:09 PM
So what would have been a one sided fight turns into a very short fight as he loses his only weapon, and runs away. There are gun shots that can be heard from outside, as Joey see's him escaping, but being a Toreador using celerity, he is moving really fast.

A really bad chase scene later, you and Joey are standing outside his house looking at each other. "So waddya wanna do now? Torch his place? He doesn't strike me as the type to be stupid enough to come back."

Narmoth
2012-11-02, 03:59 PM
"Nah, I'm good. Remember why we're doing this after all" Edward smiles and then gets up on his bike

CowMasterTrojan
2012-11-03, 02:00 AM
"I'm honestly not one hundred percent sure why I am doing this, but I catch your drift. What's the plan from here?" Joey says, lighting a cigar.

Narmoth
2012-11-03, 02:41 PM
"What about saying hello to the next tosser on the list?" Edward looks over his bike so that he doesn't get any surprises.

CowMasterTrojan
2012-11-05, 12:55 PM
"Unless you prefer to go grab the Ak's and hit the Denny's. Either way I'm good."

Narmoth
2012-11-05, 01:23 PM
"I think all 3 of us should go if we go for the Denny's. Let's head back and pick up our hacker..."

CowMasterTrojan
2012-11-05, 01:27 PM
Joey shrugs and gets back in his car. The two return to the warehouse where the two ghouls are sleeping and Jace is typing furiously away as he hacks people's money.

Narmoth
2012-11-09, 04:47 PM
Edward goes up to Jace:
"So, any progress?" he asks casually

daelrog
2012-11-09, 10:53 PM
Edward could see a whirl of screens switching around. Though he couldn't see anything for too long, it seemed a mix of news stories, strange symbols, but mostly a lot of data files being run.

"Yeah, should have enough places in a week to set off some fireworks. If we were doing a quick smash and grab I could have both the banks tonight, but... the goal is to hit them all at once, make it clear that it's an attack on the Camarilla. Takes a bit longer to get into the system and not be caught, especially since my programs will be running in there for a few days."

He turned around. "So we have a new Sabbat recruit or a new pile of ashes in the city?"

Narmoth
2012-11-10, 05:04 AM
"Not really, he wasn't interested in recruitment, and I'm not going to kill that idiot just for existing." Edward starts explaining, then grins
"Besides, the dead tell no tales, it's much better if rumors start to spread about an attack than people just disappearing. At least for now...

daelrog
2012-11-10, 10:20 PM
Jace chuckles, "Yo ho ho, and a bottle of rum."

Jace put down the emptied glass of rum, and leaned back in his bed. He stretched his arms out nonchalantly and draped one arm around Savvy.

"You're warm." She purred and snuggled up closer to him.

"You say that to all the guys."

"Not all." She smiled at Jace and gave him a quick kiss. "So tell me, what is it you want most?"

"To get laid, obviously."

Savvy pushed him, a bit harder than was polite, and she laughed. "You're a tough one to figure out Mr. Hallowell. I'll figure you out though."

Jace sighed to himself. God he hoped she never figured him out. "Hey Edward, have any experience with the Sabbat before?"

Narmoth
2012-11-11, 10:07 AM
"Why do you ask?" Edward frowns. He hated to tell about himself. In fact, there was only one thing he hated more: when people asked him about himself.

daelrog
2012-11-11, 08:43 PM
"Well, we are supposed to infiltrate the Sabbat. If you knew any tips, I'd be must obliged. The Camarilla likes to paint the Sabbat as a bunch of sire bumming freaks and degenerates addicted to diablerie. As nice as the party line is, walking up to a Lasombra and saying 'Let's go bum our sires and drink kindred souls' is probably going to miss the point."

Jace cracked his knuckles, which sounded a little wet when he did so. "You seem like the kind of guy who's crossed blades with them before."

Narmoth
2012-11-12, 02:13 PM
"I'm not seeing any drinks here, so no talks about my past..." Edward cuts him of, before changing subject:
"Speaking of blades, Joey had some fancy notion about getting some machine guns and raiding a bit, ruffing things up a bit. We're thinking you should join on that one, not only sit here."

daelrog
2012-11-12, 08:21 PM
Jace would have raised his eyebrows, if he had any to raise. "Edward, you wound me. As you can see I'm not 'just sitting here', I'm actually providing a valuable service, for Queen and country. There's more to this gig than blowing things up and being grim."

He gave a heavy sigh. "If you need an extra machine gun, I can come along. I know how to hold one. Still, the more joy rides we take, the longer it's going to take the real work to get done."

Narmoth
2012-11-19, 05:18 AM
"You know, I sense a certain difference in what each of us imagine our mission is. Please humor me, explain me what you believe is the purpose of creating a fake Sabbat cell?" Edward sighs
"Besides, you have neither queen nor country to serve, do you?"

daelrog
2012-11-26, 12:56 AM
"Why? I think the Prince said it already, to inflitrate the Sabbat. Here seems to be the difference Edward.From what I understood, I was to do the hacking and electronic warfare, and you were supposed to be the group's muscle. In your mind, you're still the group's muscle, and I'm also the group's muscle. I think the band needs a guitar, bass, and drums, and you want everyone playing the drums.

"After a week or so when I'm ready, I'll have the Sabbat's attention like a lighthouse steering a ship in at night. It'll do a lot more than harassing kindred one at a time."

CowMasterTrojan
2013-01-10, 07:03 PM
Anyone still subscribed to this game?

daelrog
2013-01-10, 07:46 PM
I'm still floating around. I think maybe finding a way to combine with the other group would be best, as we talked about before.

CowMasterTrojan
2013-01-11, 03:06 PM
I will be rebooting this group... or just Jace, if need be, shortly. The chronicle will be going into a new chapter, and it will be a good opportunity for a reboot. Officially after a week the prince contacts the group, tells them he has changed his mind and dismisses the fake Sabbat group. Everyone is paid what they were promised, and are able to go their own way.

The reboot may or may not start off as solo, but will incorporate others after time. The other vampire game seems to have turned into a solo game for two players anyway. So we'll see how things turn out. I'll get something going for Jace in a day or two.

daelrog
2013-01-11, 09:25 PM
That works for me. I'm pretty sure Jace asked for just a small favor down the line sometime when he could think of something. I'll give him the boon merit if that works for you.

Narmoth
2013-01-12, 06:32 AM
I'm still around, and could be interested if this merges into one group with at least 3 active players to pull the plot

CowMasterTrojan
2013-01-13, 03:02 AM
Alright. Haven't lost anyone then.

As I said, I will be breaking you guys up and hopefully you can find your way into the company of the others. Or vice versa.

After the prince dismisses you, and pays you well (with a favor for Jace since he did most of the work that got done) what do you do? Also, roll 1d10 to see what your blood pool is at. Reroll a 1.

daelrog
2013-01-13, 05:59 AM
Jace goes ahead and helps himself to one of the lockers with the weapons and such. He holds onto the favor until a time when he needs one, knowing it will be a small one. Still, a small favor at the right time turns into a big favor.

With Jace's time he mostly continues to try to break through the first stages of Technomancy. He also snoops around a bit to see if he can't find out who the blonde Brujah (?) was at the party, the one who didn't seem to mind his hideous appearance.

I'll roll for the latter. Investigation 3 + Wits 3 = 6

[roll0]
In case of 10s

[roll1]

CowMasterTrojan
2013-01-13, 07:00 PM
You only get extra dice when you have extra successes, and that adds damage dice. So you would just roll 6d10 for that.

Jace's blood points [roll0]
Reroll if it's a 1. [roll1]

Where does Jace snoop around to find this information? Does he talk to people or just eavesdrop?

daelrog
2013-01-13, 09:52 PM
He mostly just asks some of the other Nosferatu and see if it leads him to other kindred who may know.

CowMasterTrojan
2013-01-14, 02:20 AM
Asking around the other Nosferatu, Jace quickly remembers they're a bunch of anti-social pricks. 5 insults later, the primogen suggests that 'if it really matters to you, go find Ivan. He gets his kicks from watching other kindred. He normally hangs out in AB positive down on Franklin ave.'

daelrog
2013-01-16, 11:20 PM
Jace heads to Ivan's. Curiosity has the better of him. He knows he shouldn't be asking around about the girl... was she a girl, or a several hundred year old ancient in a girl's body? Regardless, he had little else to do with his time. If nothing else, it'd be nice to have a new friend.

As usual he tried to keep a low profile, a hoody covering most of his hideous face, sticking to the shadows and using what obfuscate he had to get by when people were around.

CowMasterTrojan
2013-01-18, 02:07 AM
I'm going to assume that when you said 'Jace heads to Ivan's', you mean 'Jace heads to the place he was told Ivan hangs out (AB positive)'

Heading down to Franklin st, Jace wanders up and down it a time or two. He see's no place called AB positive.
[roll0]
However, he does happen to catch a group of three heading down what looks like a dead end. Following, he notices a small set of steps going down to a metal door. The group seems to be heading down the steps as Jace turns the corner of the alley.

daelrog
2013-01-18, 09:06 AM
It seemed as like a place as any. He hung his head a little more so as not to let anyone get a good look at him at first glance... Chicago... had to like the big cities. No one bothered to look at other people. The more eyes there were, the less focused they became.

Jace quietly followed them, looking for any sign that it might be the right place... or the wrong one.

I'll take a stab with inestigation + perception, see if there are any clues as he follows them.

[roll0]

CowMasterTrojan
2013-01-18, 05:18 PM
Jace see's no indication that this place is anything. However he hears a metal plate grinding against more metal up ahead, followed by the group saying something he can't quite make out. Now near the top of the steps, he sees the metal door open. Behind it comes the blast of music that is some how being muffled. There is no doubt in Jace's mind, there is a either a party or a club inside.

daelrog
2013-01-20, 08:48 AM
Jace took another couple steps down the stairs. Then he stopped. What was he doing? Did he think he'd find true love with this other kindred? Did he think he would impress her by stalking her down. This might not even be the right place, and the 'burn victim' excuse didn't work everywhere. He was walking into a place he wasn't fully certain on, for another kindred he only met once, and hadn't mastered mask of a thousand faces. For the first time since his embrace he wanted to master it.

He turned around and moved back up to the top of the stairs, his plan to head back to the sewers, defeated for now.

-

It was a cold night. "Cold as a witch's teet" his father always used to say. He was out of luck. He had lost his job. He had lost his girlfriend, not Savvy, a woman named Charlotte. She had red hair too. He was walking by himself, as the snow came down, drifting lazily onto Chicago. It was starting to turn white, cover the brown slush that filled the roads and sidewalks.

Jace had been scared though. Something was deeply wrong. He didn't have a reason to be there, he had no reason to be walking in this part of town. Jace had too though. He was compelled to.

Fear turned panic turned to terror. His steps were not his own but forced. He lusted after the place he was going, a place he did not know, even when he arrived there. It was some old bar that had closed down. The door was unlocked. When he entered he couldn't see anything. He could smell it though.

"What's that smell?"

"Not to your liking?"

Jace never saw his sire. Scuzzface came from behind. All went dark.

CowMasterTrojan
2013-01-20, 01:34 PM
Have I ever given Jace experience?

daelrog
2013-01-20, 08:14 PM
I don't think so. I looked back and didn't see any after the meeting with the Prince, or the first night. It looks like Jace is still a starting level character.

CowMasterTrojan
2013-01-21, 12:08 AM
I think I was waiting for something to be accomplished. And this group just didn't take off too well. Which is partially my fault. I gave too many directions.

Give Jace 10 xp to represent his time pretending to be Sabbat.

CowMasterTrojan
2013-01-24, 01:20 AM
Two questions: Would you still want the alligator buddy that you originally wanted?

Q2: Where is technomancy located?