PDA

View Full Version : Mystara Campaign

Tahlspar Ka'nes
2012-06-13, 02:02 PM
I haven't posted on here for a while, but I think this was the correct place.

I'm running a campaign, as a DM (*shudders*), on Mystara. As far as campaigns go, this one is long - it starts in Karameikos, where the Nosferatu (vampires) are attempting to take over the world for their own purposes. Again.

They are opposed by the Magistrates, a group of humans, demi-humans (and some other races that don't like vampires). The PC's are about as paranoid as they could be - they are willing to work together, but trust has to be seriously earned..... sounds like normal people, actually :smallamused:

The Magistrates are spread somewhat thinly, given that they have the entire known world to "protect", plus regions beyond. Knowing that they didn't have the numbers for a protracted war, the Magistrates arranged for keys (gems) to be placed around the world, five in total.

If placed in sequence at a specific location, below Glantri City, the gems would activate an ancient device that would create a worldwide effect that would nullify all supernatural and magical abilities. (It's the same device that causes the magical "blackout" once a year, although the mass populace is ignorant of this). Although there would be some severe consequences, the Vampires would be stripped of their supernatural abilities, giving humans a chance to wipe them out - but because of those consequences, it is literally a last resort tactic by the Magistrates.

The action started in Karameikos, the Nosferatu being subtle enough to convince the populace, through "fake" churches and clerics, that they should be supported. A very military response occurred, with the humans ignorantly throwing their lot in to restore peace to the "rebel" cities and towns (those that were wise enough to recognise the sham for what it was).

Thus far, the PC's have managed to make it out of Karameikos, thwarting several attempts by the Nosferatu, and they are now heading towards Darokin. They (the PC's) have received some warning that the Nosferatu are attempting a takeover of Darokin, albeit more subtly than the actions in Karameikos. Politics and backroom negotiations are key here, as brute force would simply not work.

The PC's are very much individuals, each with their own very unique traits and aspects. They do acknowledge the current situation, and respect the traits of others, providing that those "others" are willing to likewise respect them.

The old theme of "putting aside differences to work as a group and defeat the current evil" simply won't work here, and I would give up on the campaign before forcing that motive. I apologise if this is lengthy, but I'm trying to canvass for ideas to keep the group "entertained", whilst keeping the theme of the campaign more or less intact.

Forgot to mention, the campaign is set using 3.5 rules.

Rubik
2012-06-13, 03:51 PM
Does this give you any ideas? (http://www.fimfiction.net/story/2857/1/My%28stara%27s%29-Little-Ponies%3A--Friendship-is-Adventuring/Book-One%3A--Well-Met-in-the-Malpheggi)

Tahlspar Ka'nes
2012-06-14, 04:59 AM
If I can finish reading it before the campaign ends, perhaps some ideas could be found.

I didn't actually think anyone would be brave enough to mix "My little pony" with D&D.

Arcanist
2012-06-14, 05:48 AM
If I can finish reading it before the campaign ends, perhaps some ideas could be found.

I didn't actually think anyone would be brave enough to mix "My little pony" with D&D.

Been there done that. My pony was named Necro Shade and was a Cleric of Night Mare Moon/Princess Luna Master of Shrouds... Was pretty fun and its pretty much the same as any other D&D game except theres only 3 race choices, and instead of saying Everybody you say Everypony :smalltongue:

My only problem was playing with Pathfinder rules which I was (and still am) unfamiliar on... :smalltongue:

Rubik
2012-06-14, 09:11 AM

I didn't actually think anyone would be brave enough to mix "My little pony" with D&D.I keep reading your comments as snark, given that apparently blue is the color for sarcasm around here.

But the MLP fandom is so incredibly widespread and the show is embraced by so many people (primarily adult males) that I'd be surprised if someone DIDN'T do that.

Tahlspar Ka'nes
2012-06-14, 10:39 AM
I keep reading your comments as snark, given that apparently blue is the color for sarcasm around here.

But the MLP fandom is so incredibly widespread and the show is embraced by so many people (primarily adult males) that I'd be surprised if someone DIDN'T do that.

Blue equals sarcasm on here? Wow, I had no idea. I did mention that I hadn't posted for a while, so it seems there's some things I need to learn.

And quickly.

I do like the blue text colour though. I always have, and in no way does it mean that I'm attempting to be continuously sarcastic. There is absolutely no offence (or sarcasm) intended, so please don't take the colour I use to mean that.

If I do feel the need to add sarcasm, I'll use italics.

As for MLP, I really haven't paid any attention to that for years. I was actually astonished that someone had decided to integrate MLP with D&D.

Rubik
2012-06-14, 12:44 PM
Blue equals sarcasm on here? Wow, I had no idea. I did mention that I hadn't posted for a while, so it seems there's some things I need to learn.

And quickly.

I do like the blue text colour though. I always have, and in no way does it mean that I'm attempting to be continuously sarcastic. There is absolutely no offence (or sarcasm) intended, so please don't take the colour I use to mean that.

If I do feel the need to add sarcasm, I'll use italics.

As for MLP, I really haven't paid any attention to that for years. I was actually astonished that someone had decided to integrate MLP with D&D.I'd put a disclaimer in your sig.

Also, check out MLP: Friendship is Magic. You'll be surprised at just how great it is. I NEVER would've believed that I'd enjoy candy-colored marshmallow ponies, but...

Also... (http://friendshipisdragons.thecomicseries.com/)

Arcanist
2012-06-14, 03:19 PM
I'd put a disclaimer in your sig.

Also, check out MLP: Friendship is Magic. You'll be surprised at just how great it is. I NEVER would've believed that I'd enjoy candy-colored marshmallow ponies, but...

Also... (http://friendshipisdragons.thecomicseries.com/)

My, my Rubik, I had no idea you were apart of the herd :smallamused: