PDA

View Full Version : Rouge Build [Redder then the reddest Red]

Arcanist
2012-06-13, 04:10 PM
You've read that correctly and no I'm not talking about a Rogue :smallamused: I've seen people make the infamous typo hundreds of times (approaching the thousands limits) and I'm actually quite surprised nobody has actually through to make a build that is effectively dedicated to making everything a little bit redder. Now this can be with Blood, Paint, Berries, etcetera ad infinitum.

I've thought about having a Wizard that just uses Prestidigitation to make something red but I don't think that really gets it... then I thought about a Rogue that sneak attacks creatures to death in an attempt to make the whole world red with blood, and then I thought about a Barbarian that smears berries on his face (red berries) and then goes out and guts enemies for the red in there body...

But I've hit a stump... I have an idea concept (This isn't for a game so don't worry about a DM) but no way of actually building a character around making everything red :smallfrown: So how would you stat out a character dedicated to making the whole world red? :smallamused:

Ravens_cry
2012-06-13, 04:12 PM
Is there a create paint spell?
It would definitely be a druid spell if there is.

Larkas
2012-06-13, 04:16 PM
This must be the most infamous reply I ever made, but why don't you give him red-lensed sunglasses (http://www.gogglesandglasses.com/images/30011c/sm/sm_30011c_4561.jpg)? Insta-red world :smallcool:

Just... Don't call him Scott Summers. Or Cyclops. Or give him optic blasts. You get the idea. :smalleek:

Blisstake
2012-06-13, 04:17 PM
I see a black door and I want it painted red...

Anyway, I dunno, smear Goodberries over everything? :smalltongue:

Ravens_cry
2012-06-13, 04:18 PM
Is there a create paint spell?
It would definitely be a druid spell if there is.

Hiro Protagonest
2012-06-13, 04:19 PM
Just... Don't call him Scott Summers. Or Cyclops. Or give him optic blasts. You get the idea. :smalleek:

What about Kamina?

Ravens_cry
2012-06-13, 04:23 PM
How about a barbarian? They practically always see red!

Larkas
2012-06-13, 04:31 PM
What about Kamina?

Only if you can get a hot red-haired girl to be your team mate... Hey, that fits the theme perfectly!

Also, feel free to be called Bart Simpson, but only if you can somehow get your hands on a red paint spray can. (Yeah... I'm getting too old =P)

Wait a minute... NOW I KNOW WHY RAJAAT DID WHAT HE DID TO ATHAS! Returning to the Blue Era was just an excuse, what he did want was a red world! :smalltongue:

Keld Denar
2012-06-13, 04:39 PM
Avenging Executioner + Scarlett Corsair + Red Dragon Disciple?

docnessuno
2012-06-13, 04:41 PM
Red slaad could be a nice start
Or Redcap

Piggy Knowles
2012-06-13, 04:50 PM
For some reason an alchemy-based rogue rouge sounds perfect to me. Trigger sneak attack by throwing vials of red acid. Use rust cubes and similar things to destroy traps, etc.

Trapsmith levels might be nice, just for the alchemical drop traps, the accelerated spellcasting, and most especially the fabricate spell to create your alchemical items.

Maybe mix in some bard, too, and be a painted dancer? You could then use your Trapsmith spells to qualify for Sublime Chord, which could give you a whole host of other red-themed spells. Something like...

Rogue Rouge 3/Bard 2/Trapsmith 2/Unseen Seer 3/Sublime Chord 2/Unseen Seer +7, and fill in whatever you want for the last level?

Particle_Man
2012-06-13, 05:08 PM
Red Wizard of Thay?

Ruby Knight Vindicator?

nedz
2012-06-13, 05:30 PM
Sorceror spamming Burning Hands, Scorching Ray, Fireball, ...
Not very effective, but fun and everything burns.

Alternatively
Barbarian -> RAGE

navar100
2012-06-13, 06:48 PM
Play a Loremaster. They're well read.
:smallamused:

Blisstake
2012-06-13, 06:51 PM
Play a Loremaster. They're well read.
:smallamused:

Okay, you win.

VGLordR2
2012-06-13, 07:26 PM
There's a feat somewhere that allows you to modify your spells in order to make a theme. Choose Red and go nuts.

D@rK-SePHiRoTH-
2012-06-13, 07:49 PM
Spell Thematics feat

Also, perform: "making stuff red with paint"

Cast Undersong and use diamond mind counters to counter fireballs with red paint

Salanmander
2012-06-13, 10:16 PM
If possible, you might dip the first level of IoSFV.

DiBastet
2012-06-13, 10:17 PM
Scarlet corsair + Red Dragon Disciple made me laugh my ass off. Just make sure to play Red Hand of Doom and you'll be set!

marcielle
2012-06-14, 07:31 AM
@VGLord - That's Spell Thematics from Magic of Faerun. 1 spell per level is modified to fit a specific theme. Choose red and then learn the prismatic line. Your entire prismatic wall is now red.:smallamused: