PDA

View Full Version : [PF/3.5] Artifcer - Repairing a Busted Musket

Yorae
2012-06-13, 04:43 PM
So, I'm creating a new character for a pathfinder campaign that also allows 3.5 material. We've ported over the Eberron Artificer.

I'm planning on playing a Spellslinger Wizard / Artificer.

My question is thus:

If I misfire with my musket and it gains the broken condition, can I use my Repair Damage infusions (which restore hit points to objects), repair an amount > half the musket's HP, and have it remove the broken condition?

What if I have a magic musket that I've misfired twice, causing it to be wrecked ("which means they can't fire until they are fully restored")? Could I infuse a wrecked gun with, say, Repair Critical Damage and be able to use it again?

The broken condition specifically calls out Mending and Make Whole, which are, as far as I can tell, the only standard PF spells that restore HP to objects. When we port the Repair X Damage spells, should we add a clause similar to the one in those spells?

If the object has the broken condition, this condition is removed if the object is restored to at least half its original hit points. All of the pieces of an object must be present for this spell to function. Magic items can be repaired by this spell, but you must have a caster level equal to or higher than that of the object. Magic items that are destroyed (at 0 hit points or less) can be repaired with this spell, but this spell does not restore their magic abilities. This spell does not affect creatures (including constructs). This spell has no effect on objects that have been warped or otherwise transmuted, but it can still repair damage done to such items.

Edit: Found definition of wrecked.

Edit: Apparently we were using this pathfinder Repair Light Damage, on the pfsrd:
http://www.d20pfsrd.com/magic/3rd-party-spells/super-genius-games---3rd-party-spells/repair-light-damage

Marnath
2012-06-13, 08:28 PM
Repair spells and infusions affect constructs, not objects.

Yorae
2012-06-13, 08:46 PM
Repair spells and infusions affect constructs, not objects.

Wha... ? Why did the version I wrote down say constructs or objects? =\

Checked ECS and it does indeed say constructs or living constructs, but not objects. Well. That's kind of useless in a setting with no warforged in it. The spell called "Repair Damage" cannot, in fact, repair damage. :smallmad:

Edit:

Ah! I found what I had been looking at when I assumed it could repair objects:

http://www.d20pfsrd.com/magic/3rd-party-spells/super-genius-games---3rd-party-spells/repair-light-damage

Assuming that's what we're using, same questions as before?

Larkas
2012-06-13, 09:19 PM
I was just going to say "use Mending and Make Whole", but that 10 min. casting really removes any in-battle uses those spells might have had... I guess the only way to achieve what you want is taking a level in Gunslinger and getting Quick Clear, though you might want to check the Reliable and Greater Reliable magic weapon abilities (http://paizo.com/pathfinderRPG/prd/ultimateCombat/combat/firearms.html).

Psyren
2012-06-13, 09:29 PM
Urgh, 3rd-party spell...

Other than the fact that you're basically in homebrew territory anyway, sure, I don't see why healing your gun with this wouldn't work. It's not like your gun ever "dies" after all...

DiBastet
2012-06-13, 10:20 PM
Urgh, 3rd-party spell...

I cry by reading this. 3rd party by super genius is usually very much ok. Most of the variant spells are well-thought of.

Yorae
2012-06-14, 02:51 AM
I cry by reading this. 3rd party by super genius is usually very much ok. Most of the variant spells are well-thought of.

I concur - a great deal of the third-party content on the pfsrd is well done. A notable exception, imo, being Adamant Entertainment's Artificer - hence our decision to port the one from eberron.