PDA

View Full Version : Oozes good for Self Altering?

Necroticplague
2012-06-14, 06:58 AM
I was looking through the characters I've made before, when I came across an interesting sheet. The character was an ooze who had the ability to use Alter Shape through a class ability. But than, i ran into a problem. Because of what little alter shape gets, I don't actually seem to gain the main benefits of the only thing I can actually seem to turn into (grey ooze is all i could find, since this character is also Small). Is their anything this character could become that would actually give anything useful, or is this ability just useless in this situation?

Darrin
2012-06-14, 08:11 AM
Because of what little alter shape gets, I don't actually seem to gain the main benefits of the only thing I can actually seem to turn into (grey ooze is all i could find, since this character is also Small). Is their anything this character could become that would actually give anything useful, or is this ability just useless in this situation?

One of the bigger stumbling block with alter shape + oozes is the ooze type makes you blind, and while most oozes have blindsight/blindsense to counter that, it's a special quality that is not conferred via alter shape. So unless you have some independent form of vision, you wind up blind.