PDA

View Full Version : Under the School IC

Pages : 1 [2]

Grytorm
2012-08-02, 09:35 PM
Chaff turns to look at Ceraphina as he explains his idea, "No, not yet. We can't see the cieling and we know that giant crawlers are found down here. We might be able to find a path onward by moving upward." He then turns around and takes a very close look at the wall, trying to find any evidence that anything had climbed the thing.

Survival [roll0]

Grytorm
2012-08-02, 09:36 PM
Chaff turns to look at Ceraphina as he explains his idea, "No, not yet. We can't see the cieling and we know that giant crawlers are found down here. We might be able to find a path onward by moving upward." He then turns around and takes a very close look at the wall, trying to find any evidence that anything had climbed the thing.

Survival [roll0]

Sampi
2012-08-02, 11:21 PM
The ceiling is indeed still out of sight. Chaff also finds no marks made by climbing.

shugyosha
2012-08-02, 11:46 PM
Ceraphina

To humor him she looks at the wall for signs of climbing.

[roll0] spot

Sampi
2012-08-03, 05:55 AM
Search would be more accurate, but stilll you find no marks.

shugyosha
2012-08-03, 09:18 AM
Ceraphina

"I don't see anything, but maybe this would be a good time to use the monocle?"

Grytorm
2012-08-03, 05:08 PM
"Oh, I'd forgotten about those. If we find nothing here then we might want to follow the path to the other end."

Man on Fire
2012-08-03, 05:53 PM
"maybe try finding some moving air, while we're at it."Stinky mockingly licks his finger and points it in the air."If we're lucky this tunnel will lead us straight into girls dorm's bathroom."

freebiewitz
2012-08-04, 02:13 AM
Nodding his head Chappe agreed whole heartedly with the first two speakers.
"Yes, use the monocle it's a rather safe bet I suppose but don't dally too long we still have much ground to cover in fact use it while we travel."

When the last comment however was brought up Chappe almost choked.
Trying to keep his composure he tried talking reason into his troublesome companion.
"We're here to explore tunnels and caves, not peek on unsuspecting women, besides I doubt we'd survive the encounter if you tried.... honestly, making a room full of female magic mages mad is simply not smart."

Man on Fire
2012-08-04, 03:32 AM
"But totally worth it." While saying so, Stinky has huge, leechy grin on his face. Which makes him look like a very confused cow.

shugyosha
2012-08-04, 10:36 AM
Ceraphina

She punches Stinky in the shoulder, "That's because no woman in their right mind would want to see you naked."

Taking out one to the monocles she looks around.

Honestly I don't know who is carrying the monocles but I just want to move this forward.

can I take 10? Also not sure the skill: Spellcraft(+9), knowledge arcana(+7), spot(+4)

if I can't take 10 here is a roll, please add the appropriate skill.
[roll0]

Sampi
2012-08-04, 12:34 PM
You always roll Knowledge checks. Spot and search - you are not rushed and there is no risk, so take 20 if you want to. Roll spellcraft only when you see magic.

No magic here, though.

Prince Zahn
2012-08-05, 03:47 PM
"Ehr ye ehl dun?" Gurlin's question was aimed at everyone, though he was mainly glaring at Stinky through the torchlight. Probably unhappy about him horsing around, blushing like a drunken pig at his own thoughts, until then He never thought kobolds could blush before, definitely bleed, scream - yes, plot- often, but never blush.

Gurlin Rests his foot on a rock, and points his torch towards Chappe:

"Shill we turn bick, Mr. Klerigo?"

freebiewitz
2012-08-05, 08:52 PM
"I'd rather not, at least not yet." Touching the walls Chappe inspected the area more closely.

"Does anyone have any idea what could've made this tunnel besides magic? If not we'll leave but for now I'd like everyone to search for clues." Moving his palm over the ground Chappe concentrates.
"If this place is indeed artificial then I intend to find out what it was built for."

Taking 20 on a search check.

Prince Zahn
2012-08-06, 07:02 AM
Gurlin follows Chappe and examines the wall for anything noteworthy
Aid another(search)[roll0]

said only on a good knowledge check,
Knowledge(Architecture and engineering) [roll1]
"Me thinks if thir wes sumth'n here, it meh hevve moved, the end wud either be p'Rt of whit it mehd, or whit it left behind"...
(Please add any further knowledge beyond the speculated, as well as cross out contradictions from my part as needed.)
Upon an unsuccessful knowledge check Gurlin squats down and proceeds to examine the close ground thoroughly.
taking 20 on this search check

Sampi
2012-08-06, 07:22 AM
The combined search efforts of Gurlin and Chappe turn up a piece of rock that's been worked with a tool - there are recent chipmarks. It's the size of a thumb and brownish white. You try to see if it fits in the wall somewhere, but the rock is different in color. Gurlin remembers that the rock looks very similiar to the stone used in the school buildings.

shugyosha
2012-08-06, 09:51 PM
"I'd rather not, at least not yet." Touching the walls Chappe inspected the area more closely.

"Does anyone have any idea what could've made this tunnel besides magic? If not we'll leave but for now I'd like everyone to search for clues." Moving his palm over the ground Chappe concentrates.
"If this place is indeed artificial then I intend to find out what it was built for."

Taking 20 on a search check.

Ceraphina

She shakes her head at how easily the boys are deterred. "Time and a lot of work. So do you want me to use the spell now?"

Man on Fire
2012-08-07, 07:09 AM
Stinky looks at the rock from various sides, trying to remember where, as in what part of the school, he had seen one like this.

Knowledge Local [roll0]
Bardic Knowledge [roll1]

Sampi
2012-08-07, 02:24 PM
The entire school is built from the same stone - but you know that the stone can't be found anywhere else nearby.

freebiewitz
2012-08-07, 08:48 PM
Raising an eye brow at the new development Chappe wasn't sure what to think.
"Hmm it appears someone from school had already been down here before but for what purposes I'm not sure, we'll report this information back when we return now lets go back."

Man on Fire
2012-08-08, 09:29 AM
"How long it's been since we went down here actually?" Stinky ask. "You know, it may be useful to measure how long it takes to get from point a to point b, just in case." Of course Stinky is just looking for an excuse to rest a bit.

Prince Zahn
2012-08-09, 05:20 AM
"dun't kno Wei 'twud mitt'r to us...lit'l Snehkboi..." The grumblings muttered by Gurlin beyond these words sound like vague gibberish, perhaps it is better that way, but others might disagree...

shugyosha
2012-08-09, 01:57 PM
Ceraphina

Deciding that this maybe more than meets the eye she casts a spell. Looking around if she doesn't find anything she quickly goes back to the cavern with the stalagmites and stalactites and looks round there.

casts detect secret doors

Sampi
2012-08-09, 02:51 PM
Nope, no doors. Not in the cavern either.

shugyosha
2012-08-10, 10:21 AM
Ceraphina

At the end of her spell, Ceraphina takes out her book and ink well, then begins to write her findings.

Man on Fire
2012-08-12, 10:00 AM
"What are you mumbling? I swear, it's like you're speaking your own language." Stinky says to Gurlin.

Prince Zahn
2012-08-13, 02:00 AM
As the rest of the group starts walking back towards the stalagmite cavern, so does Gurlin, who ceased his mumbling in seconds, and chose to ignore the Kobold. In going through the dimly-lit turns Gurlin imagined for a minute being with his family again, as a human again, casting reduce on the mentally-restrained kobold to make him squeaky and inaudible "like the rats those things are". An oddly-timed smirk betrayed gurlin's inner thoughts.

But upon daydreaming and smiling at his own amusement he walked into the wall and bumped off, triggering a reality check, he couldn't do magic anymore even if he had graduated back when he was...normal, he's long forgotten of spellcasting fundamentals anyway...

He returned to focusing on his path knowing nothing changed, his usual frown returns to him as "everything is as it is".

Man on Fire
2012-08-13, 10:24 AM
Stinky of course doesn't miss a chance to laugh, seeing Gurlin walking right into the wall. He immiediatlly starts working on "Ballad of Gurlin The Blind", not sparying Gurlin a single line.
"So many ideas...I think that after that I'll wrote "Ballad of Gurlin The Bland" and "Ballad of gurlin The Dumb". You're my muse, dude....What rhymes with "mindless jerk"?"

freebiewitz
2012-08-14, 02:30 AM
Pinching the brow of his nose Chappe was starting to get tired of Stinky's antics. He liked to think that he was a patient and fair man but this was testing his limits.

"Stinky, please do not insult the large, very strong man who guards our collective backs and Gurlin I know I'm asking a lot but please just ignore his comments."

Sampi
2012-08-14, 05:32 AM
So... which way now?

You're currently standing where the tunnel/path enters the stalagmite cavern. The path continues towards the middle of the cavern, but disappears behind a particularly large pillar about five meters ahead.

You came here by clambering over, under and around stalagmites to your right - and there's more of those to the left if you want to continue you left-hand path.

Man on Fire
2012-08-14, 09:56 AM
"You people don't understand true art." Stinky says, but shuts up completely.

freebiewitz
2012-08-14, 08:15 PM
"Alright everyone, as everyone knows all good adventurers go left!" He announced quoting his father once more.

Prince Zahn
2012-08-15, 05:29 PM
Gurlin nodded at Chappe's words, how often does a person he doesn't know beyond professionally show that kind of respect to him? But he stayed silent without a grunt as to not dignify the walking scale mail with what he might see as a response.
Though Gurlin still doesn't understand the idea of always turning left, things exist on the right side as well...

Chappe was pretty much right in his request, too, as Gurlin is generally and pretty much used to just brushing off insults and stings throughout these years working at Prof.Callan's, "Really, why should I bother with what the ragged croc-rat says? Probably because there's something about his kind that is just so...so...unbearably unscrupulous."

Trying to pinpoint what particularly bothers him, the kobolds' rasping, yet squeaky voice full of jeers, their silly drunken grin as they knowingly break any concept of moral, and the way their frail jaws try to snap on his hands as they desperately try resisting discipline have all come to mind...

Though he is also thinking about how reacted to odd antics displayed earlier by Niko back at the storage, except now he's mainly judging his own reactions—
"&$•%, £##&!" he rasps as his left foot lands too close a stalagmite, scratching his leg lightly.Nut e werd, geckoh" he whispered to stinky when people turned reflexively, and went on to think of previous events from today...

Thinking of the issues happening again, as well as somehow making enemies with gradually everyone, At hindsight, when Niko did what he did, and asked what he asked, maybe he shouldn't have—"no!" he thought, "If Niko is as smart as he lets on, it'll be his mistake if that happens again... He'd know as well as I do I won't go easy on him twice..." his own world of thoughts reassured him in the mental voice of Gurlin's confident, smooth, younger self, the voice that he clings onto and must never forget as he remembers himself, and especially since everything about him changed - at least he can still hear his original self as he thinks, that despite all his changes and how magic mutilated him he still has a fragment of the ambitious, moral, magic-and-ethics-loving student Gurlin he fondly remembers.
wow, wall of text, *pant pant* I actually tried to write this post earlier, and it would have if not for forum maintenance, dead battery, and IRL. Yeah, I know most of my recent posts focus on Gurlin's inner thoughts, and I'm not sure how displaying his thoughts works for roleplay but I like giving his thought process between having something to contribute actively, I see it as another perk in PbP - you normally don't have the spotlight time to explain what goes on in your characters' mind, only "reporting" the emotions and actions you do fit at the IRL game session. So I hope it doesn't bore you guys and that you all are fine bearing with it rather than thinking, say, "when is PZ going to do something tangible?". :smallwink:

shugyosha
2012-08-17, 10:21 AM
Ceraphina

Finished with her notes she puts her book away and follows the others.

Prince Zahn
2012-08-20, 04:56 AM
Gurlin notices a boulder about his fore-arm in diameter as the advance, while he's seen quite a few of them, he thinks about it's potential, while thinking of uses that are actually practical, the thought of feeding it to the kobold is dominant reoccurring, as he pauses it pick it up, he stops what he's doing, rushes to return to fill the gap he formed, and alerts Chappe:
"Mr. Klirigo, we prob'ly shood fehnd sum plehs to set up cemp, we've been goin' fer sum tehm noh."
after everything that went on throughout the day, Gurlin can still go on for a couple of more hours, he believes, but he wouldn't mind some time to rest, after all, they've been going for what felt like hours successively.

Sampi
2012-08-20, 05:14 AM
Sorry about my long absence, Real Life (tm) has been getting in my way. Anyway, back to the game.

Your group toils again through the rocks. It's very slow going, and Gurlin's suggestion of a campsite sounds better and better. Unfortunately, you cannot camp on this ground - there's just too much clutter.

Toiling and tired, you again break through to an area relatively clear of the stalagmites. The ceiling is rather high, but you can just see the points of the hanging stalactites. There's no easy way to estimate how long you've traveled, or how far you are from where you started.

You look around and see there's an opening in the cavern wall to your left. It's wide, at least ten meters, and as high as the cavern itself. Really. it's more of an extension of the cavern than an opening. But the floor is clear. (Cleared? Maybe.) It looks like a well-worn wide path goes from the cavern into the opening.

You are all very tired from your exertions through the rocks.

freebiewitz
2012-08-21, 07:55 AM
"Alright, we're camping here!" Pulling his backpack off his shoulders Chappe relishes the new found freedom his tired body now enjoys.

Pouring some oil into a miniature lighter stove, he quickly lights it on fire.
Looking at his party a single thought goes through his head.

"Should've bought more raw ingredients."

Doing several cooking checks.

Chappe will clean his hands first using soap.

[roll0]
First check is for one pound of bug meat.

[roll1]
Second check is is for a sort of soup that uses 1/2 pound of normal meat (Probably beef) and some of the trail rations (Hard long keeping vegetables, perhaps carrots)

Reducing the items on my character sheet now.
He's not going to try and eat the bug meat yet, he'll probably drink an anti toxin vial before he does.

Grabbing a small bowl of soup he hands it to the closest person.
"Try this."

shugyosha
2012-08-21, 10:24 AM
Ceraphina

She looks at the bowl and looks back at Chappe, "No thank you, I'm trying to cut back on eating strange bugs."

Instead she opens her back pack and pulls out bread, dry meat, and cheese.

Sampi
2012-08-21, 10:33 AM
Ceraphina: reaching for your stuff in the Haversack, the first thing that comes up is a rod. One of the alarm rods. Looking in, you see all of the ones you did not take from the briefing room lying on top of your stuff. Tied to the one in your hand is a folded paper. You open it, and it reads:

In the future, please make sure to take all of your assigned equipment along. It may be essential to your success.

-Laksara

Also, there's no bug in the soup - just meat, vegetables and spices. It smells delicious. (The bug meat is still sizzling on a pan in oil and garlic. It also smells disturbingly good.)

freebiewitz
2012-08-21, 03:56 PM
Licking his lips Chappe decides to forgo common sense and simply decides to eat the bug meat without aid of Anti-Toxin.

"Bottoms up!" He says cutting into the flesh before sticking the morsel into his mouth.

Sampi
2012-08-22, 04:32 AM
The caterpillar tastes a bit like chicken, but the texture is more lika a scallop. It is delicious. Could use some spices, though. Maybe ginger or basil?

And no unforeseen effects. (At least, not yet..)

freebiewitz
2012-08-22, 05:09 AM
At the sudden realization of good taste Chappe wolfs the rest of the bug meat down before washing it down with a small serving of soup, just the liquid and a few lumps of carrots leaving out the meat.

Man on Fire
2012-08-22, 07:52 AM
Stinky has spend first few moments on resting place masaging his feetand complaining about how terrible this journey is fo them. Once he finishes with that, he slices himself a bit of bug's meat and tries it, telling himself that it's okay, because
"Yu know what? I'm tire of this serious, gloomy atmosphere."he says and then starts playing and singing.

You could be
my critical fiancee.
Drinking with me,
what has fate prepared for us

You could be mine,
in a silent library,
to the pale dawn,
study magic,
and getting dunk

One more time
One more time
One more time

You could hit the bottom with me,
But you didn't.
You'll never know,
What you lost.

You could be,
my critical fiancee.
Living slowly with me,
like the fate wanted us

You could be mine.
Somehow getting through it together.
Rather than wishing me,
in a letter gods know from

Happy Birthday
Happy Birthday
Happy Birthday

You could hit the bottom with me.
But you didn't.
You'll never know,
What you lost.

But you didn't.
You'll never, ever know...

Here Stinky stops singing for a moment, letting the sound of drumms flow, before he starts again

You could be mine

Rather than wishing me

Happy Birthday
Happy Birthday
Happy Birthday

But you didn't.
You'll never know,
What you lost.

But you didn't.
You'll never, ever know...

The song is rythmical and has upbeat tone, but almost everybody can recognize it tells the tragic story of Borys, wizard who lived hundreds of years ago. He was extremely talented, everybody saw him as going to become the greatest of them all, savior of the kingdom in dark time of need. But once love of his life had left him, Borys commited suicide. By drinking himself to death. If Stinky wanted the mood to become more upbeat, it wasn't the wisest choice.

Prince Zahn
2012-08-24, 10:27 AM
Gurlin takes off his pack and lays it on the ground, then stretches his muscles slightly, and sits down by his gear. The smell of the bug meat was oddly appealing to him, and was that beef he smelled as well? Gurlin stared at the everburning torch flicker in his hand like a real flame, listened the sounds of sizzling meat, and the aroma of beef associated with an old memory of the Gypsy halflings he met as a child, though his parents warned him against visiting them, he recalls sneaking out Flera(ages 8 and 7 respectively) that night to visit them, those amazing men the size of children were a new sight to them at the time, his most vivid memory: "the Burning Dance" - where everyone but the cook was dunked in an odd-smelling blue liquid, and would frolic and skip around with flickering torches that merely tickled(not burnt) on proximity, that chilled blue goop felt refreshing as they danced until the roast was ready, and the gel-like substance was washed off, they ate and played like kings until after the moon was past it's zenith...

his nostalgic vision was interrupted when Stinky banged his drum and sang.

With a grunt, he waited for Stinky to finish his...yelling, and resumed to gazing at the torch, trying to return to his memories.

But like those nomads vanished by that very morning, so too was the memory lost within the light of the torch, leaving Gurlin - and his memories, alone once more.

shugyosha
2012-08-29, 09:50 AM
Ceraphina

She looked at the food and ate, avoiding the bug meat.

"so what is our next move?" she asked no one in particular.

Man on Fire
2012-09-02, 11:44 AM
Stinky, caught in the music starts singing one of his favorite songs. The rythm is slow and melancholic, and his voice becomes sad and tender.

"I wanted to hold the world
in my hands.
Know more than I
do now.
Defeat fear of
every day.
Never have to eat dreams,
for sleep."
"

Then Stinky's voice suddenly becomes full of anger and frustration as he sings next lines and music becomes faster and agrier.

"So I would know,
How it feels to be god!

Oooh, feral crowd,
prayed for my fall!
Everybody wanted to drag me down!
My wings,
wind has ripped apart!
My heart was broken in half!"

Then he returns to previous rythm and voice, singing again with melancoly and sadness.

"Look into the dark
and see.
Get more than I
have now.
All scream inside me
let out.
Won with fate in whatever
we play."

Then the angry tone returns as he sings once again

"So I would know,
How it feels to be god!

Oooh, feral crowd,
prayed for my fall!
My wings,
wind has ripped apart!

And then he continues, with increasing anger and frustration in his voice.

"Fly even once in my life!
Above death, above time!
Forever love, forever live!
Be myself, be free!"

Then he slows down for a moment, and after moment of silence says, almost whispes three words.

"Now I know..."

And then leashes for one, last time.

"Oooh, feral crowd,
prayed for my fall!
My wings,
wind has ripped apart!
My heart was broken in half!

Oooh, feral crowd,
prayed for my fall!
My wings,
wind has ripped apart!

Everybody knows this song. It's even sadder than the last one. It's a song about Icare Iranius, archmage of great power, said, by some, to be the greatest wizard of all time. Man who one day, at the time when Sun, which some calls domain of gods, is closest to the Earth, flied out to the sky, ready to confront the gods, if there are any, and demand them to hand over their knowledge and release their control of world's fate.

No one knows what happened, just that in huge flash of light Icare has fallen back to earth, right in the place he flied out, dead long before hitting the ground, his staff and wand shattered and his face twisted in expression of pure, primal fear. Was he defeated by celestial guardians? Struck down by gods themselves? Died from seeing their true form? Or maybe killed by shock of finding celestial palace empy, and gods nowhere to be found? Who knows? All that remains of his is this song.

freebiewitz
2012-09-03, 08:15 PM
Chewing on a piece of potato Chappe swallows.
"We'll discuss work after meal time, every meal is special because you can only have each bite once."
Going back to his meal Chappe smiles as he tastes the soup.

shugyosha
2012-09-04, 10:14 AM
Ceraphina

She listen to Stinky's song although she would have preferred something more uplifting.

Once she is finished with her meal she asks, "which way now?"

Prince Zahn
2012-09-04, 02:24 PM
(...)
Hrmm?" Gurlin was sipping the hot soup from the bowl Chappe have Handed them when Ceraphina spoke. "Irin't we e bit eeg'r? we set-up kemp, meh just s'well rest here 'till we think it's morning—
Gurlin sips more of the soup, looking at ceraphina with one eye, but he let go of the bowl just in time lest he sear his tongue.
"*Hrough(cough)—eneewei, ye'll need that en'rgy ye hevve now beh then, so rest up...

Speekin' of rest" Gurlin lays his bowl on the ground. "Mr. Klirigo, who'll steh up to wutch the kemp?"

freebiewitz
2012-09-06, 08:02 AM
Relaxing after a good meal was nice. It was a shame that he had work to do. It was even more of a shame that he would have to get used to it.

Sighing he addressed Gurlin.

"We'll take turns of course, I may not be a mage myself but I do remember the rudimentary stuff." He began. "Whoever casts spells should either take watch first or last so that they can get one big uninterrupted sleep, as for who goes first I wouldn't mind honestly."
It would give him a chance to clean up the dishes!

"Since there's eight of us we should take shifts of two hours each with two people staying up. If danger comes one of us can hold it off while the other person can go get help by waking everyone else up."

Wait are there still 8 of us? I don't remember reading that people had left. If they had left and they didn't leave a note are we just going to retcon that they're gone now or something?

Sampi
2012-09-06, 02:45 PM
The post-meal conversation is interrupted by a crack and a squelching noise, as a stalactite drops and falls, skewering Lyta from the neck and through her stomach. She goes limp and falls down with the stone still in her.

Nobody has left, everybody's still here.

Also, spot checks in the OOC thread for everyone, please.

Man on Fire
2012-09-07, 10:19 AM
Stinky screams in terror and jumps out from Lyta, then screams out in terror again, when he notices something out there, which he points out to others, still screaming. He picks up his crossbow and aims at the thig, still shaking.
"w-w-who are you?! D-did you k-k-k....did that?!" He yells, finding himself unable to cope with the fact that somebody just died in front of him. He is working purerly on isntict, as more rational part of his mind is more and more occupied with yelling "Imgonnadieiamgonnadieiamgonnadie" at the increasing speed.

Sampi
2012-09-07, 11:04 AM
You only got a glimpse of movement, nothing to be seen anymore. It was between to stalagmite pillars towards the opening away from the cavern, and apparently went that way.

Lyta now lies in an expanding pool of blood.

Man on Fire
2012-09-07, 12:26 PM
Stinky nervously looks around, turning in random directions and pointing his crossbow at the darness, shaking from fear a shock. After a moment of panic he just sits down, enfolding his legs with his arms. Then he starts crying and swinging back and forth.
""We're all gonna die here!"

shugyosha
2012-09-07, 02:44 PM
Ceraphina

She was caught off guard by the whole thing. She had never seen someone die before. Instinctively she looked around and saw a glimpse of something, but couldn't identify it.

Quickly she moved to Lyta. It was clear she was dead but she had to check.
She also looked at the end of the stalagmite, was it cut off, was it broken off, or was it something else.

freebiewitz
2012-09-07, 07:16 PM
"Yes we're all going to die, not get killed there's a difference now quiet down, we need to set up a defensive perimeter, what ever is out there might come back, keep your eye's open people!"
This was bad, someone already died and there was nothing he could do for them.
"It knows we're here already, we'll have to move."
Gritting his teeth Chappe readies his blade.

Prince Zahn
2012-09-08, 09:03 AM
Gurlin was Just about ready to get up and pull Stinky's tongue out when he was startled and horrified as the sharp stone fell and impaled Lyta.

He hears stinky mumbling in fear to the darkness, and Chappe telling everyone to move defensively "Can't he see the brutal death right in front of us?!" he thought, he picked up his pack with one arm and reflexively picked his pole with the other. And came hustling towards Lyta, Ceraphina and the stalactite.
"Pilor's holee v'rmin," he whispered in a more closed voice with slightly higher pitch, and grief toning down in his otherwise gruff voice. when he reached Ceraphina and could see the cadaver clearly, though he was not attached to Lyta in any fashion, something about her death sparked an unusual set of emotions for Gurlin towards his surroundings: grief, pity,shock, and oddest of all - empathy with the traumatic memory of his sister.
He grasped his staff firmly in his hand, and turned to the girl next, his eyes watered but not tearing. "C'n-Cin ye sevve h'r?"
Sorry about the wait, but Vecna's ascension that was hard to write. I'll probably check back here tomorrow, I'm guessing I need to brace myself to rolling initiative, assuming I don't get an AoO or something.

Sampi
2012-09-08, 10:06 AM
Cursory inspection of the stalactite's broken surfcae shows no toolmarks. It appears to have broken along a natural crack in the rock. Do you wish to make a closer inspection of the increasingly bloody stone?

Also, those looking outward see no trace of movement and hear nothing.

Closer inspection of the stalactite would require search and/or appropriate knowledge rolls. Dungeoneering, perhaps?

shugyosha
2012-09-08, 09:49 PM
Ceraphina

Deciding to check a little bit closer she looks at the piece of rock.

[roll0] search
[roll1] Dungeoneering
[roll2] Nature

Sampi
2012-09-09, 06:03 AM
Leaning closer, Ceraphina examines the fallen piece of stone, and notices that there's something unusual about it. Indeed, it appears that any blood spilled on it seeps into the rock. And taking out a small knife, she sets to checking her suspicions.

A tiny, almost unnoticeable crack runs near the flat base, and into this the knife goes. A twist, and it appears the flat bit is a lid. A white, slimy mass is inside. This is no rock - it's a piercer!

Ceraphina explains that it's a type of underground bivalve that lies in wait, moving ever so slowly to a good position. Then it falls, hoping to impale unsuspecting adventurers and cave-life. And where there's one piercer, there's bound to be more.

The ceiling is too high to be seen, except for the tips of some of the longer stalactites. Or are they stalactites at all?

Man on Fire
2012-09-09, 03:18 PM
Stinky, hearing Ceraphina's words, immeidiately jumps back on his feet, picks up his crossbow and, aiming it above his head, quickly packs his gear, leaving only crossbow and drums attached to his side.
Once he finishes, he starts circling around, aiming his crossbow at the ceiling.
"Why are you standing like that?! I'm not gonna get some @#$%ing rock-bug-yhing do this to me. Pack your things, we're leaving!" He yells quite terrified, still sobing.

"C'mon you sons of a pyrite, wanna have a piece of me! This kobold ain't gonna sell his blood cheaply!" He yells at the ceiling, trying to sound angry and strong, but because he's still crying, he comes out sounding terrified.

shugyosha
2012-09-11, 12:56 PM
Ceraphina

She quickly grabs as well as Lyta's pack before running with the others to safety.

Prince Zahn
2012-09-13, 08:19 AM
Gurlin is running with Ceraphina and following Chappe's lead in silent tears betrayed only by his lowered head and light sniffling. His usual mumbling has been reduced to hoarse whimpering. Even in a time of panic, it's obvious to everyone - Lyta's death touched a nerve in Gurlin.
Freebiewitz:Chappe's the leader; That considered, where to?