PDA

View Full Version : (IC) Jigsaw Dungeon

Pages : [1] 2

Eric Scott
2012-06-14, 07:44 AM
Describe your character and such... then we'll start.

Lexin
2012-06-14, 10:43 AM
Threan Falath

Threan is medium height, for a gnome at least (3'4'') , he is quite skinny and not really strong. He has blue eyes and short brown hair. He wears dark, practical clothes mostly in dark red and dark grey colors he usually wears black cloak with many pockets and a belt with 5 or more pouches attached. He has symbol of Wee Jas etched into his gloves and a silver holy symbol as an amulet.

He is always accompanied by skeleton warrior, skinny guy in Studded leather armor, holding heavy shield and scimitar. Threan calls him Johnny. Actually he is Johnny 5, but who cares about such minor details...

Vixsor Lumin
2012-06-14, 11:04 AM
Kardeck Gethor. Warrior priest of Weejas. At 7' 0" even and 385 pounds, he is built like a mountain. Generally a calm and resonable guy, he is very slow to anger, but when he does its best to be far away. Like most goliaths he is bald, with very dark almost black eyes. His steel plate armor is always kept shiny and polished, while his underclothes reek from barely ever being removed. He keeps his oversized greatsword in an over the shoulder sheathe.

Eric Scott
2012-06-16, 10:19 AM
You stand in a large hallway, webs are in the corners, you can tell by the layer of dust on everything that no one has been here in years, decades, maybe even a century. There is a large iron door at the far end of the hall. You can hear a few squeaks from mice, and the crittering of many insect legs but, there are no other signs of life in the hall.

Lexin
2012-06-16, 10:35 AM
Threan Falath

Threan commands his minion to go first, towards the door, and to slow down when he looks for traps.

How large is the hallway? Is there light?
If it is dark Threan lights hearthfire lantern.
20ft x 100 ft?
Actively looking for something unusual, dangerous.
Spot:
[roll0]
Listen
[roll1]

Search (Traps):
[roll2]
[roll3]
[roll4]
[roll5]
[roll6]
[roll7]

Vixsor Lumin
2012-06-17, 05:46 PM
Kardeck sits back and scans the room, making sure that nothing was sneaking up on them.

spot [roll0]
Listen [roll1]

Eric Scott
2012-06-18, 08:43 AM
Threan Falath

Threan commands his minion to go first, towards the door, and to slow down when he looks for traps.

How large is the hallway? Is there light?
If it is dark Threan lights hearthfire lantern.
20ft x 100 ft?
Actively looking for something unusual, dangerous.
Spot:
[roll0]
Listen
[roll1]

Search (Traps):
[roll2]
[roll3]
[roll4]
[roll5]
[roll6]
[roll7]

Kardeck sits back and scans the room, making sure that nothing was sneaking up on them.

spot [roll0]
Listen [roll1]

The hallway is 60 feet wide and 450 feet long... there is a permanent dancing lights in the hallway that surrounds any living creature in the hallway. The door at the end of the hallway is illuminated by some of the dancing lights... as for traps, you find a few loose tiles in the floor.

Lexin
2012-06-18, 09:14 AM
Threan approaches the door, minion ready to defend him.
He checks the door. Is it opened/closed/trapped?

He listens if there is something moving on the other side of the door.
[roll0]

If Open Lock is needed he will just 'take 20' = 31

Eric Scott
2012-06-18, 12:50 PM
Threan approaches the door, minion ready to defend him.
He checks the door. Is it opened/closed/trapped?

He listens if there is something moving on the other side of the door.
[roll0]

If Open Lock is needed he will just 'take 20' = 31

The door is closed, not trapped and not locked... although, it is quite heavy.

Edit: Also, you hear a few creatures speaking draconic on the other side... One says, in a rather young sounding voice So, you've never been curious as to what's behind this door? Another says, in a much more aged and rough sounding voiceI have... but, my father told me not to open the door, as did his father and his father's father.

Vixsor Lumin
2012-06-18, 12:54 PM
Kardeck draws his sword and waits for the door to open.

Lexin
2012-06-18, 12:55 PM
Threan commands his minion to open the door.

Eric Scott
2012-06-18, 01:04 PM
Threan commands his minion to open the door.

Strength check DC 30...

Lexin
2012-06-18, 01:10 PM
After being unable to open the door even with whole team. Threan looks for some kind of switch/handle/secret passage, starting near the door.

Take 20 on check, not a fast way but a sure one.

Eric Scott
2012-06-18, 04:24 PM
After being unable to open the door even with whole team. Threan looks for some kind of switch/handle/secret passage, starting near the door.

Take 20 on check, not a fast way but a sure one.

There are no triggers to open the door of any type on this side of the door.

Vixsor Lumin
2012-06-18, 06:02 PM
if I rage, and use my crowbar which gives a +2 bonus to strength checks, take 20 on the check, and get an Aid on this, I get a 31 for my check.

Lexin
2012-06-18, 06:08 PM
I wanted to leave 1/day resources for later...

Eric, would prestidigitation (making some kind of grease) help?

If not, Vixsor decide what you prefer to use up, your Rage, or my Bull's Strength.

Vixsor Lumin
2012-06-18, 06:39 PM
Bwell I would prefer to save it as well, but mountain rage (my racial sub version) gives adds 6 and bulls strength only gives 4 so we would hit 29 on the check. If the grease lowers the DC by 1, then I vote we use bulls. If not we can either continue to look for a way around it or use rage... or after looking at my sheet, we could attack it. I can manifest powers with sonic to damage the door. But that might take awhile, and we would still be using a resource.

Lexin
2012-06-18, 06:42 PM
Just so you know I have unlimited 2d6 acid orbs... but it would take a lot of time...

Vixsor Lumin
2012-06-18, 06:45 PM
....let's wait to hear about the grease haha. Also sorry for my slow posting and dissapearance from the chat rooms, I just moved into a new apartment and don't have internet so I'm using my phone

Eric Scott
2012-06-18, 08:58 PM
I wanted to leave 1/day resources for later...

Eric, would prestidigitation (making some kind of grease) help?

If not, Vixsor decide what you prefer to use up, your Rage, or my Bull's Strength.

No the prestidigitation will not work... although, it you don't want to waste once per days... you could try calling out to the creatures on the other side... what's the worst that could happen?

Lexin
2012-06-19, 05:23 AM
If my marvelous listen check of 24 didn't get any info about creatures on the other side of the door, then I (or my character) assume that there is nobody there. At least not close...

Now I am not sure if Aid Another actions stacks. If yes then Kardeck has natural +4 , +2 crowbar, +2 Aid another from Threan and +2 Aid Another from minion.
If it doesn't stack, I will use Bull's Strength on Kardeck and Threan would just stay back watching them opening the door...

Eric Scott
2012-06-19, 07:36 AM
If my marvelous listen check of 24 didn't get any info about creatures on the other side of the door, then I (or my character) assume that there is nobody there. At least not close...

Now I am not sure if Aid Another actions stacks. If yes then Kardeck has natural +4 , +2 crowbar, +2 Aid another from Threan and +2 Aid Another from minion.
If it doesn't stack, I will use Bull's Strength on Kardeck and Threan would just stay back watching them opening the door...

Aid another does stack... and I forgot about the listen check at first but, than edited in what you heard immediately after I submitted the message. I'm sorry about the confusion...

Lexin
2012-06-19, 07:42 AM
Wow, I really missed this edit...
I guess we still open the door, but maybe only partially at first so we can see who is on the other side.

Eric Scott
2012-06-19, 09:26 AM
Wow, I really missed this edit...
I guess we still open the door, but maybe only partially at first so we can see who is on the other side.

Yeah... I'm bad for forgetting things...

Anyways, as you open the door it makes a slight screeching sound and you hear the young voice say I didn't foot dad, I swear!

Lexin
2012-06-19, 11:26 AM
They (Threan, Johnny the minion and Kardeck ) open further the door and look what is on the other side.

Eric Scott
2012-06-19, 01:00 PM
They (Threan, Johnny the minion and Kardeck ) open further the door and look what is on the other side.

You come face to face with a Mature Adult Silver Dragon and a Very Young Red Dragon...

Lexin
2012-06-19, 01:21 PM
Threan looks at dragons for a short while, clearly in shock :smalleek:, then he calms down and without showing any emotion he moves to a place where he is covered by the door (should look casual).

[Draconic] "Umm. Hello, nice to meet you. I am Threan and this is Kardeck, don't let us interrupt you."

I know I haven't asked earlier, but do we know where we are, or were we just randomly teleported here?

Vixsor Lumin
2012-06-19, 01:54 PM
Kardeck lowers his sword, doing his best not to look threatening, but doesn't put it away. "Do you speak common?" he asks the dragons.

Eric Scott
2012-06-19, 04:30 PM
Threan looks at dragons for a short while, clearly in shock :smalleek:, then he calms down and without showing any emotion he moves to a place where he is covered by the door (should look casual).

[Draconic] "Umm. Hello, nice to meet you. I am Threan and this is Kardeck, don't let us interrupt you."

I know I haven't asked earlier, but do we know where we are, or were we just randomly teleported here?

The older dragon looks at you quite surprised H... How did you get in there?

I'm not exactly sure how you got there... perhaps a teleport gone wrong... although, I suppose its entirely up to you...

Kardeck lowers his sword, doing his best not to look threatening, but doesn't put it away. "Do you speak common?" he asks the dragons.

The younger dragon moves closer to you. Common is one of the many languages we know... Why do you ask? it says while circling around behind you.

Lexin
2012-06-19, 04:40 PM
[Common] "I am afraid my friend doesn't speak draconic, so common would be appreciated... As for how did we get here... We don't know. We were travelling and stayed for a night in a small cavern nearby the road... We woke up here just a while ago. ... And we have no idea where this here is actually...":smallredface:

Vixsor Lumin
2012-06-19, 05:09 PM
Kardeck smiles somewhat embarassed. "I'm not the most learned person in the world." he moves slightly so the younger dragon can't flank him, but sheathes his sword. After Threan finishes speaking, Kardeck adds "And we certainly didn't expect to meet dragons." He bows slightly then asks, "If you don't mind me asking, what are your names?"

Lexin
2012-06-19, 05:20 PM
Threan opens his eyes wide for a moment and says just as Kardeck finishes his sentence.

"Yes, sorry we should have started from that. I am Threan and this is Kardeck, I haven't expected to meet one of your kind in my life..."

Eric Scott
2012-06-19, 11:51 PM
Kardeck smiles somewhat embarassed. "I'm not the most learned person in the world." he moves slightly so the younger dragon can't flank him, but sheathes his sword. After Threan finishes speaking, Kardeck adds "And we certainly didn't expect to meet dragons." He bows slightly then asks, "If you don't mind me asking, what are your names?"

The young dragon nudges you in what appears to be an attempt to see if you are worthy of not being eaten...

Balance Check DC 20.

Threan opens his eyes wide for a moment and says just as Kardeck finishes his sentence.

"Yes, sorry we should have started from that. I am Threan and this is Kardeck, I haven't expected to meet one of your kind in my life..."

The older dragon says, My name is Dodraith, and that there is my son Shoth. And our kind are around you more than you think...

Vixsor Lumin
2012-06-20, 02:01 AM
I fail the check, I have no ranks and -1 penalty.

Lexin
2012-06-20, 04:45 AM
Threan looks at younger dragon, actually amused, and answers to the older dragon.

"It is honor to meet you. I am afraid that even if I met a dragons before then they weren't in this form.
Could you tell us where exactly are we? I am still a little confused from this sudden change of scenery..."

Eric Scott
2012-06-20, 06:48 AM
I fail the check, I have no ranks and -1 penalty.

Shoth watches you collapse to the floor... then helps you back up, realizing that you wouldn't be much fun to eat if you can't even withstand a little nudge.

Threan looks at younger dragon, actually amused, and answers to the older dragon.

"It is honor to meet you. I am afraid that even if I met a dragon before then they weren't in this form.
Could you tell us where exactly are we? I am still a little confused from this sudden change of scenery..."

Well... that room is "The Hall of Very Bad Things" as my father once put it. But, the rest of this is my home...

Lexin
2012-06-20, 06:53 AM
"Oh, sorry to intrude then...
Very bad things? All we could find was dust..."

Threan looks with new interest behind, into the Hall, like looking for a danger he missed earlier.

Is there anything on the opposite side of the corridor? Another door?

Eric Scott
2012-06-20, 11:57 AM
"Oh, sorry to intrude then...
Very bad things? All we could find was dust..."

Threan looks with new interest behind, into the Hall, like looking for a danger he missed earlier.

Is there anything on the opposite side of the corridor? Another door?

I suppose they must have died awhile ago... and there's no need to apologize, all are welcome in my home... especially, if they have coin to give or talents that could be useful to me... or taste good...

At the other end of the hall there is a spot on the wall where it looks like there should be a door... although, it is all bricked up... probably to keep what ever was in the hall in... or keep what ever is on the other side out.

Lexin
2012-06-20, 02:53 PM
"I don't think we would taste good but we would be happy to help if anything is needed."
Threan once again looks into the corridor.
"Should we check what is further in? Do you know what is on the other side?"

Eric Scott
2012-06-20, 04:36 PM
"I don't think we would taste good but we would be happy to help if anything is needed."
Threan once again looks into the corridor.
"Should we check what is further in? Do you know what is on the other side?"

No... you don't look very tasty... I have no clue what is beyond this doorway right here... but, if you do go through there if you find any coin, gems, art and/or anything else interesting, I'll trade you it for some of the items that I have obtained over the years. says Dodraith.

Lexin
2012-06-20, 04:41 PM
"That sounds like a fair offer. The other side is bricked up, is there a chance for a pickaxe, or would we need to improvise?"

Vixsor Lumin
2012-06-20, 05:01 PM
"If you have a pick or a hammer of some sort, I'm sure I could put it to great use. If not, I'm sure we can figure out a way through." Kardeck says respectfully, as he brushes himself off.

Eric Scott
2012-06-21, 10:32 PM
"That sounds like a fair offer. The other side is bricked up, is there a chance for a pickaxe, or would we need to improvise?"

"If you have a pick or a hammer of some sort, I'm sure I could put it to great use. If not, I'm sure we can figure out a way through." Kardeck says respectfully, as he brushes himself off.

Would this work? says Dodraith, as he picks up a 50 foot long 30 foot diameter log that was leaning against a wall.

Vixsor Lumin
2012-06-22, 12:33 AM
Kardeck laughs, "Maybe if you were to use it for us haha!"

Lexin
2012-06-22, 07:47 AM
"I am afraid that it is a little bit too large for us to use...
Said Threan trying to calculate how many gnomes he would need to lift this thing... 20? 40? ...:smalleek:
"Do you have something... smaller? If not I guess we will manage, it will just take longer."

Eric Scott
2012-06-23, 05:48 PM
Kardeck laughs, "Maybe if you were to use it for us haha!"

"I am afraid that it is a little bit too large for us to use...
Said Threan trying to calculate how many gnomes he would need to lift this thing... 20? 40? ...:smalleek:
"Do you have something... smaller? If not I guess we will manage, it will just take longer."

Well... I'm not going in there... says Dodraith as he sets the log down and slaps a chest your way with his tail, the chest moves very quickly towards you... then comes to a stop just in front of you. I suppose you could try this...

Lexin
2012-06-23, 05:56 PM
"Lets see..."

Threan looks inside the chest.

Vixsor Lumin
2012-06-23, 07:16 PM
Kardeck looks over Threan's shoulder into the chest.

Eric Scott
2012-06-24, 01:08 PM
"Lets see..."

Threan looks inside the chest.

Kardeck looks over Threan's shoulder into the chest.

In the chest you find pickaxes, hammers, chisels, crowbars and scrolls.

Vixsor Lumin
2012-06-24, 01:13 PM
Kardeck picks up a hammer and tests the weight. "These should work just fine." he says smiling. Then he walks over and begins hammering away at the sealed passage.

Lexin
2012-06-24, 01:18 PM
Threan checks the scrolls, after that he takes two picks, one for himself and one for skeleton and follows Kardeck to help him.

Eric Scott
2012-06-24, 01:29 PM
Kardeck picks up a hammer and tests the weight. "These should work just fine." he says smiling. Then he walks over and begins hammering away at the sealed passage.

The hammer is a standard 10 Lbs sledgehammer.

Threan checks the scrolls, after that he takes two picks, one for himself and one for skeleton and follows Kardeck to help him.

The scrolls are of various destructive spells... some to note are those of Fireball, Sound Lance, Disintegrate, and Acid Slash.

Lexin
2012-06-24, 01:37 PM
"Nice scrolls... but lets see if we can manage without magic first."

Threan follows Kardeck and commands minion to help crushing the wall. After a while he helps too.

Eric Scott
2012-06-25, 10:10 AM
"Nice scrolls... but lets see if we can manage without magic first."

Threan follows Kardeck and commands minion to help crushing the wall. After a while he helps too.

The wall is quite strong given its, assumed, age... but, after a few hits (about 12) the wall collapses, revealing a shiney metal door with a huge skull shaped protrusion taking up most of the door...

Vixsor Lumin
2012-06-25, 11:13 AM
"....Well that's ominous." Kardeck says after a moment of staring at the door. He pushes it gently to see if it will open, ready to pull his hand back at the first sign of trouble.

Lexin
2012-06-25, 12:13 PM
"Looks... interesting."
Threan looks for traps and any way to open the door (unless it is opened...)

search
[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]

Eric Scott
2012-06-25, 03:47 PM
"....Well that's ominous." Kardeck says after a moment of staring at the door. He pushes it gently to see if it will open, ready to pull his hand back at the first sign of trouble.

As you touch the door, the eye sockets begin to leak a red fluid... then the door says, What is life's greatest illusion? in a deep ominous voice.

"Looks... interesting."
Threan looks for traps and any way to open the door (unless it is opened...)

search
[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]

There are no traps or ways to open the door that you can see.

Lexin
2012-06-25, 04:47 PM
Threan looks at the door for a while, then looks at his minion for a short while. He smiles and says in quiet, but strong voice:
"Innocence..."

...brother...:smalltongue:

Man, I don't know if we stand a chance with Dark Brotherhood...

Eric Scott
2012-06-25, 05:26 PM
Threan looks at the door for a while, then looks at his minion for a short while. He smiles and says in quiet, but strong voice:
"Innocence..."

...brother...:smalltongue:

Man, I don't know if we stand a chance with Dark Brotherhood...

The door opens... on the other side is a short stairway going down... to a large circular room with 4 alcoves each with a skeleton proped up in them, and single door at the other side.

Yeah, that's why I haven't been posting much... I borrowed Skyrim from a friend.

Vixsor Lumin
2012-06-25, 05:31 PM
Kardeck smiles at the question and listens to the answer. As they walk down the stairs, he draws his sword yet again. "think these skeletons will stay dead?" He asks Threan, glancing pointedly at Johnny.

Lexin
2012-06-25, 05:48 PM
"We will come back with treasures!" Threan shouts to dragons and follows Kardeck.
"I would be surprised if they did... Let Johnny go first, just in case..." he says smiling.

Threan commands minion to go inside the room. (3 squares inside)
If nothing moves Threan would follow him and look for traps keeping Johnny close for protection.

Search
[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]
[roll3]

Eric Scott
2012-06-25, 08:33 PM
"We will come back with treasures!" Threan shouts to dragons and follows Kardeck.
"I would be surprised if they did... Let Johnny go first, just in case..." he says smiling.

Threan commands minion to go inside the room. (3 squares inside)
If nothing moves Threan would follow him and look for traps keeping Johnny close for protection.

Search
[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]
[roll3]

The Skeletons don't move...

Also, you find a Trip Wire...

Lexin
2012-06-26, 05:12 AM
"Ups, maybe move back a little." Says Threan to Kardeck, waits until he moves and tries to deal with the trap.

First try take 10 = 22
If it doesn't work...
[roll0]

Vixsor Lumin
2012-06-26, 09:38 AM
Kardeck steps back about 10 feet, and gets ready to deal with whatever comes next....

Eric Scott
2012-06-26, 10:36 AM
"Ups, maybe move back a little." Says Threan to Kardeck, waits until he moves and tries to deal with the trap.

First try take 10 = 22
If it doesn't work...
[roll0]

You successfully disarm the Trip Wire... the Skeletons collapse to the floor revealing a diamond on a pedestal in each alcove.

Vixsor Lumin
2012-06-26, 10:40 AM
Kardeck uses detect evil and looks at the diamonds

Lexin
2012-06-26, 10:42 AM
Threan sends minion to poke one of the skeletons and if it doesn't move he searches for traps on pedestal (and around), moves back and commands minion to bring him the diamond, if nothing dangerous/ interesting happens minion collects all other diamonds.

Search (pedestal and way to door)
[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]
[roll3]

After that Threan checks for traps on the way too door and the door itself, checking if it is closed too.

Eric Scott
2012-06-26, 02:35 PM
Kardeck uses detect evil and looks at the diamonds

The diamonds are not evil...

Threan sends minion to poke one of the skeletons and if it doesn't move he searches for traps on pedestal (and around), moves back and commands minion to bring him the diamond, if nothing dangerous/ interesting happens minion collects all other diamonds.

Search (pedestal and way to door)
[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]
[roll3]

After that Threan checks for traps on the way too door and the door itself, checking if it is closed too.

You find no traps... the door is closed but, not locked.

Although, I do like the fact that mild paranoia has settled in.

Lexin
2012-06-26, 02:41 PM
Threan moves back few steps Want to go in front? Johnny will open the door, so if there is anything on the other side, he would get hit first... he says and after Kardeck moves (or says he doesn't want to) Threan commands Johnny to open the door.

Paranoia is good.

Vixsor Lumin
2012-06-26, 02:45 PM
"And if something comes from behind?" Kardeck says, moving in front of Threan and Johnny. "And should we grab the diamonds?"

Paranoia will keep us alive

Lexin
2012-06-26, 02:50 PM
"Then I could turn invisible and heroically scream for help, I guess... still your choice, Johnny would last for a while before becoming parts for Johnny VI, so you being in front isn't a necessity..."

Vixsor Lumin
2012-06-26, 03:38 PM
"If your alright with being in the rear, then its fine with me." Kardeck says as he follows Johnny through the door. He uses detect evil again and looks around the new room.

Eric Scott
2012-06-26, 06:55 PM
A bucket of water falls on Johnny's head... and you see a small figure dart around a corner to the right.

And paranoia may seem good now... but, at some point it might lead to your demise.

Lexin
2012-06-27, 03:45 PM
Threan commands minion to take off the bucket and they slowly go through the door, minion first.

Listen check first to find out if somebody is waiting for us around the corner.
[roll0]

Vixsor Lumin
2012-06-27, 03:59 PM
Kardeck takes his psicrystal from his bag and sets it on the ground. "Go see what that was." he says telapathiclly. Then he manifests share pain between the two of them and waits to hear back from it.

-3 pp but it lasts for 3 hours so I'm not to concerned with duration. What does the room look like? Is it a hallway with a bend, or room with doors?

Eric Scott
2012-06-27, 09:36 PM
Threan commands minion to take off the bucket and they slowly go through the door, minion first.

Listen check first to find out if somebody is waiting for us around the corner.
[roll0]

You hear the sound of footsteps trailing off down the hallway...

Kardeck takes his psicrystal from his bag and sets it on the ground. "Go see what that was." he says telapathiclly. Then he manifests share pain between the two of them and waits to hear back from it.

-3 pp but it lasts for 3 hours so I'm not to concerned with duration. What does the room look like? Is it a hallway with a bend, or room with doors?

It is a long straight hallway...

Vixsor Lumin
2012-06-27, 09:58 PM
A bucket of water falls on Johnny's head... and you see a small figure dart around a corner to the right.

And paranoia may seem good now... but, at some point it might lead to your demise.

then what corner did they go around....
Spot and listen [roll0]

Kardeck growls and commands his psicrystal foreward. Then he follows behind staying just at the edge of the range for share pain.

Lexin
2012-06-28, 02:38 AM
Can you describe what is on the other side of the door?
Right now I know there was something moving; a corner; and a bucket.

Eric Scott
2012-06-28, 08:00 AM
then what corner did they go around....
Spot and listen [roll0]

Kardeck growls and commands his psicrystal foreward. Then he follows behind staying just at the edge of the range for share pain.

If went around the right hand corner at the end of the hall...

Can you describe what is on the other side of the door?
Right now I know there was something moving; a corner; and a bucket.

On the other side of the door was a hallway with a left and a right at the far end... the hallway is 10 feet wide and 10 feet high and approximately 60 feet long, there is shadowy illumination from glowing mushrooms.

Lexin
2012-06-28, 12:00 PM
Thanks

Threan commands minion to move these 60 ft to intersection and, if nothing bad happens, looks around the corners, minion in full-defense blocking him from attack.

He has Dark vision 90 ft if needed.
Some spot and listen checks (unless you roll these)
[roll0]
[roll1]

Eric Scott
2012-06-28, 12:56 PM
Thanks

Threan commands minion to move these 60 ft to intersection and, if nothing bad happens, looks around the corners, minion in full-defense blocking him from attack.

He has Dark vision 90 ft if needed.
Some spot and listen checks (unless you roll these)
[roll0]
[roll1]

No problem...

Nothing happen although, the figure can be seen darting down the hallway...

Lexin
2012-06-28, 01:00 PM
Left and right?

Empty 60ft corridor to the left and 60ft corridor with someone running to the right?

Eric Scott
2012-06-28, 03:48 PM
Left and right?

Empty 60ft corridor to the left and 60ft corridor with someone running to the right?

Yes... that is correct.

Lexin
2012-06-28, 04:04 PM
" I guess we should turn right and see what was it... but I don't like the idea of turning our backs to unchecked corridor..."

Vixsor Lumin
2012-06-28, 04:52 PM
"Me neither, and splitting up is out of the question.... There's also the possibility that the prankster were chasing could be setting a trap."

Lexin
2012-06-28, 04:58 PM
"So... we move slowly, checking for traps, Johnny first... and you last? I can go last from time to time, but this corridor is made for surprise charges..."

If agreed
Search
[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]
[roll3]
[roll4]
[roll5]
[roll6]
[roll7]

Vixsor Lumin
2012-06-28, 07:49 PM
"Alright ill watch our backs." Kardeck says as he scoops up his psicrystal. He tsakes his place at the back of the marching order and periodiclly checks over his shoulder , keeping his ears open at all times.

listen and spot [roll0] I'm reeeaaally starting to regret taking the flaw that gives penalties to those....

Eric Scott
2012-06-29, 07:05 AM
"So... we move slowly, checking for traps, Johnny first... and you last? I can go last from time to time, but this corridor is made for surprise charges..."

If agreed
Search
[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]
[roll3]
[roll4]
[roll5]
[roll6]
[roll7]

You find a pressure plate, a trip wire, a blatantly obvious swinging axe, and a puppy... in that order down the hallway at approximately 15 foot intervals.

"Alright ill watch our backs." Kardeck says as he scoops up his psicrystal. He tsakes his place at the back of the marching order and periodiclly checks over his shoulder , keeping his ears open at all times.

listen and spot [roll0] I'm reeeaaally starting to regret taking the flaw that gives penalties to those....

LOL... you see the puppy as well... and down the hallway that you aren't going down you hear a slight rattling...

Lexin
2012-06-29, 03:26 PM
"Okay this is just strange!" Says Threan looking at the puppy.

If traps need to be disarmed to pass (cannot be just avoided) he does that
Disable Device (take 10) =22

I don't know what to roll when trying to find anything unusual in the puppy
Search?
[roll0]
if spot etc then -4

Listen if he can hear rattling too
[roll1]

Eric Scott
2012-06-29, 04:46 PM
"Okay this is just strange!" Says Threan looking at the puppy.

If traps need to be disarmed to pass (cannot be just avoided) he does that
Disable Device (take 10) =22

I don't know what to roll when trying to find anything unusual in the puppy
Search?
[roll0]
if spot etc then -4

Listen if he can hear rattling too
[roll1]

You think you have disabled the traps...

And, you are searching in the puppy???
If yes, you have to either cut it open or shove your hand down its throat or up its butt and find intestines and various other organs...
If you are searching the outside you find a few fleas and a small glowing sentence on its back...

You can also hear the rattling... although, you are fairly certain that it is the sound of bones rattling.

Lexin
2012-06-29, 05:06 PM
Man! Exploding rune puppy? Awesome!
The part with 'You think...' doesn't sound reassuring...
Is there in D&D 3.5 something like disbelieve illusion action?

Eric Scott
2012-06-29, 06:25 PM
Man! Exploding rune puppy? Awesome!
The part with 'You think...' doesn't sound reassuring...
Is there in D&D 3.5 something like disbelieve illusion action?

If you interact with an illusion there is a good chance of realizing that it is an illusion... unless, it is done by an optimized Illusionist using shadow conjuration, at which point it could vary well be 300% real...

And who says it is an Exploding Rune...

Edit: There is also a chance you will trigger said traps if you didn't actually disarm them...

Lexin
2012-06-29, 06:54 PM
To Disarming!

It will probably hurt...
(Disarm)
[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]
[roll3]
[roll4]
[roll5]
[roll6]

I guess it could be exploding rune because it is too early for Symbol of ... spells.
(Sorry but after this one time I actually read a glowing rune I am over suspicious about these...)

Eric Scott
2012-06-29, 07:10 PM
To Disarming!

It will probably hurt...
(Disarm)
[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]
[roll3]
[roll4]
[roll5]
[roll6]

I guess it could be exploding rune because it is too early for Symbol of ... spells.
(Sorry but after this one time I actually read a glowing rune I am over suspicious about these...)

The traps are now officially disarmed... but, the puppy still has the glowing writing on it.

And no one has ever used any Runes or Symbol of spells on me... I find it a little upsetting...

Lexin
2012-06-29, 07:16 PM
Sorry to hear that. I thought everyone 'read too much' at some point...:smallwink:

As for glowing puppy...
Threan takes his collapsible pole and checks if the runes are... dangerous. From safe distance. (using pole to turn around the puppy if needed)

According to SRD - magic traps are DC over 25
So I need to take 20 (=32)

Is the rattling (aka skeleton raid) closer?

Vixsor Lumin
2012-06-29, 11:01 PM
Kardeck let's Threan deal with the traps, and instead focuses on the sounds behind them. He turns to face the rattling and trusts Johnny to guard Threan.

AAAAAHHHH scary rune badness! Hahaha :smalltongue: explosive runes would suck, especially if the puppy died from disease and the explosion flung disease everywhere...... I'm not paranoid at all *twitch* .....why are you staring at me?

Eric Scott
2012-06-30, 06:48 AM
Sorry to hear that. I thought everyone 'read too much' at some point...:smallwink:

As for glowing puppy...
Threan takes his collapsible pole and checks if the runes are... dangerous. From safe distance. (using pole to turn around the puppy if needed)

According to SRD - magic traps are DC over 25
So I need to take 20 (=32)

Is the rattling (aka skeleton raid) closer?

You attempt to disarm it but, nothing happens...

And the rattling is getting closer.

Kardeck let's Threan deal with the traps, and instead focuses on the sounds behind them. He turns to face the rattling and trusts Johnny to guard Threan.

AAAAAHHHH scary rune badness! Hahaha :smalltongue: explosive runes would suck, especially if the puppy died from disease and the explosion flung disease everywhere...... I'm not paranoid at all *twitch* .....why are you staring at me?

Out of the darkness down the hallway flies a skeleton as if thrown by something...

To hit: [roll0]

Damage: [roll1]

Vixsor Lumin
2012-06-30, 04:25 PM
Kardeck grunts as the skeleton hits him and clatters around him. A good chunk of the pain is immediatelly siphoned into his psicrystal. He drops into a combat stance and looks for the power that lay within his mind. Finding it, he looks into the future to be prepared for what is going to happen.

Share pain send half of the damage to my psicrystal, and its hardness is 7, so it takes no damage. Should kardeck take 3 damage or 4?

Swift action to get into martial spirit stance
Standard to manifest synchronicity for 3 power points so I don't have to specify my readied action.

Lexin
2012-06-30, 04:57 PM
It was supposed to be search check (the DC 25+ is to check if it could harm us if read)

Threan turns around to look what is happening there. He sends his minion to this side to help Kardeck and (if skeleton is moving) he throws a ball of acid at it.

Initiative
[roll0]
Acidic splatter
[roll1]
[roll2]

If not "We can go check what was that, or hide around the corner."

Eric Scott
2012-06-30, 09:06 PM
Kardeck grunts as the skeleton hits him and clatters around him. A good chunk of the pain is immediatelly siphoned into his psicrystal. He drops into a combat stance and looks for the power that lay within his mind. Finding it, he looks into the future to be prepared for what is going to happen.

Share pain send half of the damage to my psicrystal, and its hardness is 7, so it takes no damage. Should kardeck take 3 damage or 4?

Swift action to get into martial spirit stance
Standard to manifest synchronicity for 3 power points so I don't have to specify my readied action.

You would take only the lowest half.

It was supposed to be search check (the DC 25+ is to check if it could harm us if read)

Threan turns around to look what is happening there. He sends his minion to this side to help Kardeck and (if skeleton is moving) he throws a ball of acid at it.

Initiative
[roll0]
Acidic splatter
[roll1]
[roll2]

If not "We can go check what was that, or hide around the corner."

Ah... I see... well, I appear to be quite incompetent...

As far as you are aware of the words present no initial harm...

Also, the skeleton theater got thrown in is in pieces from the impact with Kardeck.

Lexin
2012-07-01, 10:05 AM
Not hearing any answer Threan moves back to Kardeck.

"You okay?"

Listen check (if anything else is moving there)
[roll0]
[roll1]

Vixsor Lumin
2012-07-01, 10:09 AM
"I'm fine, just focus on maing sure we have a way to get out if we need to." he says gesturing at the runes on the dog, and the trapped hallway.

[roll0] listen and spot checks woo! Nat 20 haha, now let's just hope it won't screw me over and make me roll 1's now....

Lexin
2012-07-01, 10:14 AM
"Okay then."

Threan commands Johnny to lift the dog, if nothing explodes till then he tries to read the rune. (...still feeling like it is a bad idea...)

Eric Scott
2012-07-01, 11:20 AM
Not hearing any answer Threan moves back to Kardeck.

"You okay?"

Listen check (if anything else is moving there)
[roll0]
[roll1]

You hear the sound of heavy foot steps from where the skeleton flew in from.

"I'm fine, just focus on maing sure we have a way to get out if we need to." he says gesturing at the runes on the dog, and the trapped hallway.

[roll0] listen and spot checks woo! Nat 20 haha, now let's just hope it won't screw me over and make me roll 1's now....

You also hear it and see a rather large silhouette of a figure...

"Okay then."

Threan commands Johnny to lift the dog, if nothing explodes till then he tries to read the rune. (...still feeling like it is a bad idea...)

Nothing explodes... and the glowing writing says "If lost, return to owner."

Lexin
2012-07-01, 11:35 AM
Threan looks at the puppy for a really short while (he heard something strange so he doesn't have much time) takes it from Johnny and turns around.

Can he see what is there?

Knowledge (Local/Nature/Religion) to find out what is it
[roll0]

[-4 if it is Dungeoneering, The Planes or Arcane]
Edit: Perfect roll :smallannoyed:

Eric Scott
2012-07-01, 12:30 PM
Threan looks at the puppy for a really short while (he heard something strange so he doesn't have much time) takes it from Johnny and turns around.

Can he see what is there?

Knowledge (Local/Nature/Religion) to find out what is it
[roll0]

[-4 if it is Dungeoneering, The Planes or Arcane]
Edit: Perfect roll :smallannoyed:

You can tell that there is something a little off about the puppy... almost as if it were from a different plane of existence...

Vixsor Lumin
2012-07-01, 01:21 PM
Kardeck uses detect evil and tries to see what is down the hall.

Eric Scott
2012-07-01, 05:11 PM
Kardeck uses detect evil and tries to see what is down the hall.

The amount of evil that you feel from down the hallway is so great that it causes your head to hurt.

Lexin
2012-07-01, 06:23 PM
Seeing Kardeck turning pale after looking down the corridor, Threan asks one question:
"Should we run?"

Eric Scott
2012-07-01, 08:19 PM
Seeing Kardeck turning pale after looking down the corridor, Threan asks one question:
"Should we run?"

Running won't help you... says the silhouette...

Vixsor Lumin
2012-07-01, 08:23 PM
Despite the pain, Kardeck continues focusing on the spell. He is trying to narrow the focus of the spell, and determine the strength of whatever is ahead of them. They just need to keep it talking for a little longer.....

"Oh? And why won't running help?" He glances to Threan shakes his head slowly

Lexin
2012-07-02, 04:39 AM
Threan tries to discern what kind of creature the silhouette is...

Knowledge (Using collector of stories) [-4 if mentioned earlier types of knowledge are needed]
[roll0]

Eric Scott
2012-07-02, 08:02 AM
Despite the pain, Kardeck continues focusing on the spell. He is trying to narrow the focus of the spell, and determine the strength of whatever is ahead of them. They just need to keep it talking for a little longer.....

"Oh? And why won't running help?" He glances to Threan shakes his head slowly

Let's just say you won't get very far if you do...

Threan tries to discern what kind of creature the silhouette is...

Knowledge (Using collector of stories) [-4 if mentioned earlier types of knowledge are needed]
[roll0]

You think it might be a Minotaur... but, the silhouette doesn't exactly look like a Minotaur... it looks like it has wings...

Lexin
2012-07-02, 02:26 PM
"Umm, hello then? I am Threan and my friends name is Kardeck. Can we help you with anything?" :smallcool:
:smalleek:
[poker face]

Eric Scott
2012-07-02, 05:07 PM
"Umm, hello then? I am Threan and my friends name is Kardeck. Can we help you with anything?" :smallcool:
:smalleek:
[poker face]

Well... I could use a snack... :amused:

Vixsor Lumin
2012-07-02, 06:07 PM
Has it been three rounds yet? I've been keeping detect evil up so I can learn how many auras there are, and the strength of them like it says here. (http://www.dandwiki.com/wiki/SRD:Detect_Evil)

Kardeck looks into the darkness and laughs. "I think you'd find that we won't go down very easily. I'm sure there are other snaks wandering around down here that would be much easier prey." he says with smile on his face.

Diplomacy [roll0]

Eric Scott
2012-07-03, 10:55 AM
Has it been three rounds yet? I've been keeping detect evil up so I can learn how many auras there are, and the strength of them like it says here. (http://www.dandwiki.com/wiki/SRD:Detect_Evil)

Kardeck looks into the darkness and laughs. "I think you'd find that we won't go down very easily. I'm sure there are other snaks wandering around down here that would be much easier prey." he says with smile on his face.

Diplomacy [roll0]

That may be... but, you are here at this moment in time and they are wherever they are...

It has been 3 rounds...
There is a lingering Overwhelming Evil Aura in the hallway of the creature... but, the creatures Aura is significantly weaker... and there is only the one evil creature there.

Lexin
2012-07-03, 11:13 AM
Threan commands Johnny to step just by Kardeck, to receive charge if there would be a need for it.

[Whisper to Kardeck]"So, do we stand a chance?"

[Loud to the minotaur] "Do you recognize this dog?"

Could you give me a hint what type of creature it is? I would like to roll for knowledge devotion and I am not sure which bonus should I use.
That, or I could use previous roll for +2, I guess ...

Vixsor Lumin
2012-07-03, 12:46 PM
Kardeck whispers back, "I think so... something incredibly strong was here recently, but it wasn't him." Then he takes a deep breath and attempts to calm his mind.

gaining psionic focus DC 20 1d20+9

Vixsor Lumin
2012-07-03, 12:48 PM
rerolling again, cus I deleted one that didn't work either... [roll0]

Eric Scott
2012-07-04, 06:53 AM
Threan commands Johnny to step just by Kardeck, to receive charge if there would be a need for it.

[Whisper to Kardeck]"So, do we stand a chance?"

[Loud to the minotaur] "Do you recognize this dog?"

Could you give me a hint what type of creature it is? I would like to roll for knowledge devotion and I am not sure which bonus should I use.
That, or I could use previous roll for +2, I guess ...

As a matter of fact, I do... that there is Kanulo's pup.

Sure, you can have a hint... its a bit of everything.

Lexin
2012-07-04, 07:05 AM
"So... simple question: Are you hungry enough to mess with Kanulo?"

Bluff!
[roll0] (I've never thought I would need it... at least so fast)

Knowledge Devotion, I would assume aberration...
[roll1]

Man, my rolls always suck when I use social skills...

Eric Scott
2012-07-04, 09:05 PM
"So... simple question: Are you hungry enough to mess with Kanulo?"

Bluff!
[roll0] (I've never thought I would need it... at least so fast)

Knowledge Devotion, I would assume aberration...
[roll1]

Man, my rolls always suck when I use social skills...

... I could never be hungry enough to mess with Kanulo... the Creature then steps forward just enough for him to be slightly illuminated...

You see that it is a Minotaur with Large Dragon like wings, Insectile eyes and chitinous plates on its forehead and chest... It then shifts slightly revealing Medium sized Butterfly wings on its back in-between its other wings... it's mouth has large fangs that seem reminiscent of Spider Fangs...

Lexin
2012-07-05, 11:24 AM
With a wide smile:
"So you would better not mess with the ones who help him get back his dog, am I right?"

Bluff gods, I need you!
[roll0]

Vixsor Lumin
2012-07-05, 05:54 PM
"I doubt Kanulo would be very understanding about stopping us from returning his dog..."

Bluff [roll0] what I wouldn't give for glibness right now haha

Eric Scott
2012-07-05, 06:02 PM
With a wide smile:
"So you would better not mess with the ones who help him get back his dog, am I right?"

Bluff gods, I need you!
[roll0]

"I doubt Kanulo would be very understanding about stopping us from returning his dog..."

Bluff [roll0] what I wouldn't give for glibness right now haha

Well, it would only take one of you to get the dog back to him...

Lexin
2012-07-07, 01:49 PM
"I am not sure if Kanulo would think the same way... But if you are so willing to risk your life, go for it..."

I guess it is still bluff
[roll0]

Eric Scott
2012-07-07, 06:06 PM
"I am not sure if Kanulo would think the same way... But if you are so willing to risk your life, go for it..."

I guess it is still bluff
[roll0]

Sense Motive: [roll0]

I suppose you're right... perhaps we will meet again, when you don't have Kanulo's dog... he then turns and walks away down the hall.

Lexin
2012-07-08, 12:16 PM
After a while:
"That went better than expected... so, do we continue for now?"

Threan commands Johnny to go first again and looks around the corner, at the turn where they found the puppy.

Vixsor Lumin
2012-07-08, 12:18 PM
Kardeck waits until the creature is gone to say, "I can't believe that worked....."

Lexin
2012-07-08, 12:20 PM
[whisper] "Yes... that was... unexpected. Makes me wonder who is this Kanulo..."

Eric Scott
2012-07-08, 02:01 PM
After a while:
"That went better than expected... so, do we continue for now?"

Threan commands Johnny to go first again and looks around the corner, at the turn where they found the puppy.

It is an exceptionally clean hallway in comparison to everywhere else...

Lexin
2012-07-08, 02:39 PM
Threan checks watches the turns first (assuming we can turn here both right and left)...

Spot:
[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]

... and if nothing obviously dangerous is spotted he turns right (the side where the 'prankster' ran to) and once again he starts searching for traps...

Search
[roll3]
[roll4]
[roll5]
[roll6]
[roll7]

Vixsor Lumin
2012-07-08, 11:55 PM
As long as it is safe, Kardeck will follow closely behind Threan. He looks over his shoulder towards where the monster went, and looks down the left hall. "Do you think we should grab the dog?"

Lexin
2012-07-09, 03:28 AM
Threan turns to Kardeck and shows him the dog, he now carries in his left hand.
"Already done... do you have a bag or something, it would be easier to carry like that."

Eric Scott
2012-07-09, 09:43 PM
Threan checks watches the turns first (assuming we can turn here both right and left)...

Spot:
[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]

... and if nothing obviously dangerous is spotted he turns right (the side where the 'prankster' ran to) and once again he starts searching for traps...

Search
[roll3]
[roll4]
[roll5]
[roll6]
[roll7]

You see a Kobold floating, in the hallway, upside down... he looks like he is in a fair bit of pain...

Vixsor Lumin
2012-07-10, 01:52 PM
"Well that's different...." Kardeck says as he puts the dog in his backpack. "Are you alright up there?" he calls out.

Lexin
2012-07-10, 03:14 PM
Flying Kobold... strange...

Threan looks for hard-too-see strings holding the Kobold. (you cannot use word invisible in fantasy setting...) If there are none... he just waits for an answer.

Eric Scott
2012-07-10, 03:38 PM
"Well that's different...." Kardeck says as he puts the dog in his backpack. "Are you alright up there?" he calls out.

The Kobold makes no noise...

Flying Kobold... strange...

Threan looks for hard-too-see strings holding the Kobold. (you cannot use word invisible in fantasy setting...) If there are none... he just waits for an answer.

You see no hard to see strings...

You can hear a slight sucking sound from behind you...

Lexin
2012-07-10, 03:59 PM
I hate sounds from behind... never anything good...

Threan turns around...

Vixsor Lumin
2012-07-10, 04:07 PM
Kardeck turns around and points his sword to where he heard the noise. His eyes flash as he uses detect evil to try and pinpoint its location.

paladar is awesome haha

Eric Scott
2012-07-10, 06:10 PM
I hate sounds from behind... never anything good...

Threan turns around...

Kardeck turns around and points his sword to where he heard the noise. His eyes flash as he uses detect evil to try and pinpoint its location.

paladar is awesome haha

Neither of you see anything...

You detect no evil, other that the ambient evil of the hallway...

The noise continues... getting closer...

Lexin
2012-07-11, 05:47 PM
Threan moves back from the intersection and tries to discern what is happening by hearing.

[roll0]

... And if he doesn't know what is that (most probably) he sends Johnny to the source of sound.

Vixsor Lumin
2012-07-11, 06:10 PM
"Keep your eyes on that kobold and the other end of the hall, this could be a trap. Johnny and I will cover this side." Kardeck says as he moves closer to Threan, but stays facing the direction of the sound.

Eric Scott
2012-07-12, 12:40 PM
Threan moves back from the intersection and tries to discern what is happening by hearing.

[roll0]

... And if he doesn't know what is that (most probably) he sends Johnny to the source of sound.

You can tell that it is some sort of gooey creature...

Lexin
2012-07-13, 09:42 AM
"It sounds gooey, let Johnny go first. If there is some kind of ooze that melts down people... I guess he wouldn't mind as much as you would... I will try to check what happened to kobold."

Threan looks for anything that could lift the kobold... there aren't many possibilities if there are no strings... He casts Detect Magic and use it to scan the surroundings.

Eric Scott
2012-07-13, 01:53 PM
"It sounds gooey, let Johnny go first. If there is some kind of ooze that melts down people... I guess he wouldn't mind as much as you would... I will try to check what happened to kobold."

Threan looks for anything that could lift the kobold... there aren't many possibilities if there are no strings... He casts Detect Magic and use it to scan the surroundings.

You can detect a little magic on the kobold... and then you see the kobolds face slowly begin dissolving...

Lexin
2012-07-13, 01:58 PM
"Umm, Kardeck... it doesn't look good..."

Spellcraft to check the school of magic:
[DC 15+spell level]
[roll0]

Vixsor Lumin
2012-07-13, 06:59 PM
"We should've stayed with the dragons..." he grumbles then turns back to the otherside of the hall.

I just reaized I've had the alertness feat this whole time from my psicrystal.... I fail.
Listen [roll0]
Spot [roll1]

Eric Scott
2012-07-13, 11:00 PM
"Umm, Kardeck... it doesn't look good..."

Spellcraft to check the school of magic:
[DC 15+spell level]
[roll0]

Evocation...

"We should've stayed with the dragons..." he grumbles then turns back to the otherside of the hall.

I just reaized I've had the alertness feat this whole time from my psicrystal.... I fail.
Listen [roll0]
Spot [roll1]

You can hear the gooey creature moving closer... and from the kobold's side, you hear the sound as well...

Lexin
2012-07-15, 02:07 PM
"Kardeck, anything against test shot just to see what happens?"

If the answers is no:

Acidic splatter, no aiming, just sent through the corridor somewhere under/near the kobold.
damage, if needed:
[roll0]

Vixsor Lumin
2012-07-15, 04:18 PM
"Its better than any idea I have." he answers and cuts off a price if his soap. He throws the chunk down the hall towards the other sound.

Eric Scott
2012-07-15, 09:12 PM
"Kardeck, anything against test shot just to see what happens?"

If the answers is no:

Acidic splatter, no aiming, just sent through the corridor somewhere under/near the kobold.
damage, if needed:
[roll0]

It splashes across a surface that is only 15 ft. away from you, that you couldn't see previously...

"Its better than any idea I have." he answers and cuts off a price if his soap. He throws the chunk down the hall towards the other sound.

The soap hits a surface that is, or rather was, unseen before...

Lexin
2012-07-17, 04:41 AM
Can we now discern what kind of creatures are these?

Knowledge Dungeoneering ?
[roll0]

Eric Scott
2012-07-17, 08:16 AM
Can we now discern what kind of creatures are these?

Knowledge Dungeoneering ?
[roll0]

Yes, you can... they're Gelatinous Cubes...

Lexin
2012-07-17, 08:37 AM
"Kardeck... these things are toxic. Do you have a way to fight from a distance?
I also propose we move back so only one at a time can attack us... and Johnny should stand first... he is immune to most of the toxic effects of a Gelatinous Cube."

He moves back to the corridor they came from before, commands minion to stand just 5ft from the intersection and prepares to shoot when attacked.

Initiative:
Johnny
[roll0]
Threan
[roll1]

Using the previous roll for knowledge devotion [+2]

... it is strange that a creature using acid is immune to lightening, but not acid... still I don't mind...

Vixsor Lumin
2012-07-17, 09:15 AM
I knew it! :smallcool:
"Sounds like a plan to me. I can do some damage from a distance, although I'm not looking forward to fighting something after that..." He moves back, staying between Threan And Johnny.

initiative [roll0]

Eric Scott
2012-07-17, 11:37 AM
I knew it! :smallcool:
"Sounds like a plan to me. I can do some damage from a distance, although I'm not looking forward to fighting something after that..." He moves back, staying between Threan And Johnny.

initiative [roll0]

I'm liking that Initiative... :smallbiggrin:

Initiative 1: [roll0]

Initiative 2: [roll1] ((You beat one of them!!))

Lexin
2012-07-17, 11:46 AM
... I rolled 2x 20 on initiative and you both rolled 1... nice

Johnny prepares attack action in the entrance to this corridor.
Attack: [roll0]
If the Cube would try to engulf him he would try to avoid it...
reflex: [roll2]

Threan also prepares an attack action- Acidic Splatter
[roll3]
[roll4]

Eric Scott
2012-07-18, 04:34 PM
... I rolled 2x 20 on initiative and you both rolled 1... nice

Johnny prepares attack action in the entrance to this corridor.
If the Cube would try to engulf him he would try to avoid it...
reflex: [roll2]

Threan also prepares an attack action- Acidic Splatter
[roll3]
[roll4]

Save was not required as it was not the cubes turn but... I'll accept it as the save for the cube now...

Cube 1 moves to attack Johnny...
Damage: [roll1] + [roll2] Acid Damage

And since Johnny is Undead... He needn't worry about the Fort Save.

Lexin
2012-07-18, 04:52 PM
I rolled for reflex to speed up things... of course I thought that Johnny would get hit ... but 10 doesn't make it...

So the initiative is (I guess):

[28] Johnny
[23] Threan
[11] Cube 1
[3] Kardeck ( your turn now)
[-4] Cube 2

Oh, and I just noticed now. It is +2 damage from knowledge devotion to Acidic Splatter...

Eric Scott
2012-07-18, 11:42 PM
I rolled for reflex to speed up things... of course I thought that Johnny would get hit ... but 10 doesn't make it...

So the initiative is (I guess):

[28] Johnny
[23] Threan
[11] Cube 1
[3] Kardeck ( your turn now)
[-4] Cube 2

Oh, and I just noticed now. It is +2 damage from knowledge devotion to Acidic Splatter...

That danger doesn't change much...

Vixsor Lumin
2012-07-19, 01:30 AM
Kardeck points his sword at the closest cube and releases a flaming bolt of mental energy.

energy missile, fire version. [roll0] dc 15 reflex for half.

I'm assuming the cubes are more than 15 feet apart, but if not then I send a second missile at the other one

Vixsor Lumin
2012-07-19, 01:39 AM
:smallredface: I forgot the attack roll haha

[roll0]

And in case I can get the second one [roll1]

Eric Scott
2012-07-19, 11:20 AM
Kardeck points his sword at the closest cube and releases a flaming bolt of mental energy.

energy missile, fire version. [roll0] dc 15 reflex for half.

I'm assuming the cubes are more than 15 feet apart, but if not then I send a second missile at the other one

:smallredface: I forgot the attack roll haha

[roll0]

And in case I can get the second one [roll1]

They are within 15 feet of each other but, only just...

Also, the only way I can see any of you missing a Cube is if you caught it Flat-footed...

Also, Reflex saves...
1: [roll0]
2: [roll1]

Edit: I love this die roller so much... (not being sarcastic)

Eric Scott
2012-07-19, 11:26 AM
Cube 2 will charge towards Kardeck... hitting who ever may or may not be in front of him.

Damage: [roll1] + [roll2] Acid.

Edit: at least they aren't natural 1s...

Lexin
2012-07-19, 11:34 AM
I think Johnny is in the first line. [AC 22]

Johnny:
Attack Cube 1
[roll0]
[roll1]

Threan:
Attack Cube 1
[roll2]
[roll3]

Edit: yay, I just rolled 20... in situation where I needed 2 to hit...

Eric Scott
2012-07-19, 07:36 PM
I think Johnny is in the first line. [AC 22]

Johnny:
Attack Cube 1
[roll0]
[roll1]

Threan:
Attack Cube 1
[roll2]
[roll3]

Edit: yay, I just rolled 20... in situation where I needed 2 to hit...

Terrible time for a Crit if you ask me...

Also, how are you attacking Cube 1? Cube 2 moved into the hallway you guys backed into... and a Cubes dimensions are 15 by 15 by 15 normally but, as you may remember I said the hallways were 10 feet high by 10 feet wide... making your attack impossible... but, I will allow you to either change your actions or use those rolls on Cube 2 instead...

Either way, Cube 1 begins to move back down the hallway it was in (Cube 1 is the one that has the Kobold in it, in case you were wondering...)

Lexin
2012-07-20, 01:33 PM
Okay, I meant to attack the cube that was attacked in previous round. I assumed it was nr 1 as it had better initiative. If the only one we can attack is nr 2 then please use these rolls for Cube 2.

Vixsor Lumin
2012-07-20, 04:10 PM
For the share pain power, does the acid damage stay acid damage when it transfers to my psicrystal? If so it takes 3 points of damage, and if not it takes none. Hardness is awesome :smallbiggrin: either way, I take 5.

Edit: also, i what granted manuevers did I get for my crusader levels? I'm supposed to get 2 at random from the list on my sheet.

Lexin
2012-07-20, 05:14 PM
For the share pain power, does the acid damage stay acid damage when it transfers to my psicrystal? If so it takes 3 points of damage, and if not it takes none. Hardness is awesome :smallbiggrin: either way, I take 5.

Edit: also, i what granted manuevers did I get for my crusader levels? I'm supposed to get 2 at random from the list on my sheet.

first:
A Cube charged at Kardeck, but Johnny was in the way, so I would assume he was hit instead of you.
Second:
You have 16 AC? (or lower)
Third:
just count your maneuvers and roll every round like d7 and d6 to check which maneuvers you have...

Lexin
2012-07-23, 09:51 AM
Hmm, isn't it Kardeck's turn?

Vixsor Lumin
2012-07-23, 05:46 PM
Oh crap is it? And yeah, I didn't pump my AC because the share pain trick helps with damage and being hit powers a crusader class feature. I'm gonna roll for my manuvers twice then since were in round two.

[roll0]stone bones
[roll1]leading the attack
[roll2]douse the flames
[roll3]crusader strike

Vixsor Lumin
2012-07-23, 07:26 PM
Kardeck roars and charges at the cube. He brings his oversized sword down in a crushing swing.

attack [roll0]

Damage [roll1]
Use crusader strike to heal [roll2]
And I heal another 2 points because of my stance

Eric Scott
2012-07-23, 07:50 PM
Kardeck roars and charges at the cube. He brings his oversized sword down in a crushing swing.

attack [roll0]

Damage [roll1]
Use crusader strike to heal [roll2]
And I heal another 2 points because of my stance

The cube ripples from the attack... a hole forms in the middle of the ripple but, is quickly closed.

Eric Scott
2012-07-23, 07:56 PM
Cube 2 tries to engulf Kardeck...

DC 20 Fort save to avoid being paralyzed...

If successful, AoO or DC 13 Reflex save to avoid being engulfed...

Vixsor Lumin
2012-07-23, 08:53 PM
Fort [roll0]
Ref [roll1]

...had to be be my bad save:smalleek:

Lexin
2012-07-24, 04:46 AM
Fort [roll0]
Ref [roll1]

...had to be be my bad save:smalleek:

That's why I said to attack from distance. Still you passed the save... You avoided the engulfing, so no paralysis for you...

Johnny attacks the only cube he can reach (Cube 2?)
[roll0]
[roll1]

Threan Acid Splatters the same one:
[roll2]
[roll3]

Eric Scott
2012-07-24, 01:51 PM
That's why I said to attack from distance. Still you passed the save... You avoided the engulfing, so no paralysis for you...

Johnny attacks the only cube he can reach (Cube 2?)
[roll0]
[roll1]

Threan Acid Splatters the same one:
[roll2]
[roll3]

The Cube collapses under its own weight... (as I realize it might be difficult to tell, I'm saying that you defeated it.)

Lexin
2012-07-24, 04:59 PM
If it is safe to pass over the defeated Cube Threan commands Johnny to attack the Cube 1 (and if it isn't yet, he waits until it becomes safe).
"Lets go, the second cube would be easier to find with the Kobold still inside. Better kill it now than get surprised later..."

Eric Scott
2012-07-24, 09:28 PM
If it is safe to pass over the defeated Cube Threan commands Johnny to attack the Cube 1 (and if it isn't yet, he waits until it becomes safe).
"Lets go, the second cube would be easier to find with the Kobold still inside. Better kill it now than get surprised later..."

Well... it depends on if you consider walking accross the remains on an cube of jello that has acidic and paralytic properties...

In short, as long as you have some sort of footwear on you should be fine...emphasis on should.

Lexin
2012-07-25, 05:08 AM
... Johnny goes first and tries to make a path with a shovel. ...Threan has only one pair of shoes...

Vixsor Lumin
2012-07-25, 07:11 PM
I'm sorry, but am I up again? I think I am but I'm not sure...

Lexin
2012-07-25, 07:15 PM
It seems like a between fights part... So post at will, I guess.

Vixsor Lumin
2012-07-25, 10:42 PM
Kardeck swears and jumps back "Son if a *****! Well that's what I get for not listening to you."

Lexin
2012-07-31, 05:00 AM
*sniff* *sniff* Dead?

Vixsor Lumin
2012-07-31, 05:16 AM
*pokes with stick* well its not moving much

Lexin
2012-07-31, 01:48 PM
Eric Scott are you there?

Eric Scott
2012-07-31, 03:59 PM
*wakes up* *yawns* Yeah, I'm still here... mostly at least...

Lexin
2012-07-31, 05:39 PM
Yay!

Okay, so when Johnny clears the path a bit we try to get the second Cube...

Eric Scott
2012-08-01, 09:47 AM
Ok. Yes, right... the cube has already made it almost all the way to the end of the hallway, which you can see through the cube, opens up into a bit of a cavern... you should be able to get to the cube in a single move action assuming your speed is 30ft or more.

Lexin
2012-08-01, 10:16 AM
Johnny - close fight
[roll0]
[roll1]

Threan Acid Splatters - from distance:
[roll2]
[roll3]

Edit: ... 20... Again...

Eric Scott
2012-08-01, 12:03 PM
Johnny - close fight
[roll0]
[roll1]

Threan Acid Splatters - from distance:
[roll2]
[roll3]

Edit: ... 20... Again...

Good, 20's are probably best to get out of the way now... (sarcasm)

Well, I can honestly say... the cube finds that to be quite annoying.

Vixsor Lumin
2012-08-01, 05:46 PM
Kardeck charges at the cube hoping to kill it before it can retaliate.

I don't have much I can do from range, and I'm trying to conserve PP.

charge +2 attack -2 ac
Attack roll [roll0]
PA for 3 gives +6 damage for 2H and +1 from MW plus 6 from 2H strength
Damage [roll1]

Eric Scott
2012-08-01, 06:00 PM
Kardeck charges at the cube hoping to kill it before it can retaliate.

I don't have much I can do from range, and I'm trying to conserve PP.

charge +2 attack -2 ac
Attack roll [roll0]
PA for 3 gives +6 damage for 2H and +1 from MW plus 6 from 2H strength
Damage [roll1]

The cube definitely didn't like that... and the cube moves as far away as it can get... (double move action) it is now 30ft. away from you and you can see a faint red glow from just inside the cavern to the right of the opening.

Lexin
2012-08-01, 06:07 PM
Threan tries to find out what is glowing.

[roll0] Spot

If needed
[roll1] Knowledge: Arcana
[roll2] Spellcraft

Vixsor Lumin
2012-08-01, 07:27 PM
Lore check on the glow [roll0]

Eric Scott
2012-08-02, 09:07 AM
Threan tries to find out what is glowing.

[roll0] Spot

If needed
[roll1] Knowledge: Arcana
[roll2] Spellcraft

You can see that it is coming from a red puddle, and you can tell that there is definitely something magical about it.

Lore check on the glow [roll0]

Another 1, the die roller is very strange...

Lexin
2012-08-03, 05:10 PM
I've noticed I have Lore too... [roll0]
[trying to find answer to : What is this puddle? ]

Edit: Result= 20 Uncommon but available, known by only a few people legends.

Eric Scott
2012-08-04, 09:55 AM
I've noticed I have Lore too... [roll0]
[trying to find answer to : What is this puddle? ]

Edit: Result= 20 Uncommon but available, known by only a few people legends.

It appears to be a rare type of ooze... a particularly dangerous type of ooze (then again, why isn't dangerous in D&D?)... from what you can remember, monsters tend to appear around this type of ooze as if from thin air...

Lexin
2012-08-04, 10:03 AM
Knowledge: Dungeoneering (identifying Ooze) [roll0]

Eric Scott
2012-08-04, 05:19 PM
Knowledge: Dungeoneering (identifying Ooze) [roll0]

You fail to discern the species of the ooze.

Lexin
2012-08-04, 05:23 PM
[Whisper] "Kardeck, I think we may have trouble. This glowing thing there is some strange kind of Ooze... I've only heard about it once and it was a long time ago, there was something said that it can summon monsters or something. Any ideas?"

Vixsor Lumin
2012-08-04, 08:09 PM
Kardeck was about to charge in after the cube, but at Threans words he catches himself. "Well the smart thing to do, would be to not go in there. But who accused us of ever doing the smart thing?" he says as the adreneline of battle fades enough for him to think clearly. He swings his pack around and begins rifling through it, while mentally going over the spells and powers he has at the ready....

He reaches in and pulls out a bell, a piton, and some rope. "Hmmm." he grunts. Then he places the piton through the rung of the bell and ties it on with the rope. Then he swings the bell and throws it towards the puddle. He keeps one end of the rope in his hand and begins dragging it back.

Eric Scott
2012-08-04, 09:10 PM
Kardeck was about to charge in after the cube, but at Threans words he catches himself. "Well the smart thing to do, would be to not go in there. But who accused us of ever doing the smart thing?" he says as the adreneline of battle fades enough for him to think clearly. He swings his pack around and begins rifling through it, while mentally going over the spells and powers he has at the ready....

He reaches in and pulls out a bell, a piton, and some rope. "Hmmm." he grunts. Then he places the piton through the rung of the bell and ties it on with the rope. Then he swings the bell and throws it towards the puddle. He keeps one end of the rope in his hand and begins dragging it back.

The ooze begins glowing a little brighter as the bell lands near it... then, in a flash of golden arcane light, arcane symbols begin glowing in it, the symbols align into a circle, and as soon as that happens... A Fiendish Dire Rat appears next to the ooze... (That was a single standard action...) If you are so compelled, roll for initiative... or run away, your choice.

Lexin
2012-08-05, 06:42 AM
"It looks somewhat underwhelming... "

Initiative Threan
[roll0]
Johnny
[roll1]

Eric Scott
2012-08-05, 12:34 PM
Ooze initiative: [roll0]

The Rat acts on the ooze's initiative.

Vixsor Lumin
2012-08-05, 07:17 PM
Kardecks initiative [roll0]
"Very, I was expecting something a bit more...intimidating. Still, you and Johnny should focus on the ooze so it won't keep spawning more. Ill hold the rat at bay."

Lexin
2012-08-05, 07:24 PM
"Got it."

Threan get's in range and uses Acid Splatter on the Cube (and looks if it is still effective).
[roll0]
[roll1]

Johnny attacks in melee
[roll2]
[roll3]

Edit:... yes it is 20 ...

Eric Scott
2012-08-05, 08:25 PM
"Got it."

Threan get's in range and uses Acid Splatter on the Cube (and looks if it is still effective).
[roll0]
[roll1]

Johnny attacks in melee
[roll2]
[roll3]

Edit:... yes it is 20 ...

The acid is still effective.... and those 20's are getting somewhat funny.

Vixsor Lumin
2012-08-05, 10:32 PM
Let's see if I can get in on the 20's ;p

Charge the rat,PA for full and. See what happens

Attack [roll0]
Damage [roll1]

Rolling for manuvers [roll2]
[roll3]

Or the complete other end....

Eric Scott
2012-08-05, 11:30 PM
Let's see if I can get in on the 20's ;p

Charge the rat,PA for full and. See what happens

Attack [roll0]
Damage [roll1]

Rolling for manuvers [roll2]
[roll3]

Or the complete other end....

Needless to say, you miss...

The rat attacks Kardeck.
If attack hits, make a DC 11 Fort save...

Ooze noticing the hostility... it glows the golden color and the symbols shift into a circle again... although, this time a medium sized gelatinous looking creature appears right in front of Threan...

Eric Scott
2012-08-05, 11:34 PM
Vixsor Lumin, I noticed you roll a lot of 1's... and that Lexin rolls a lot of 20's... :smallbiggrin: you two should trade dice for a while...

Lexin
2012-08-06, 04:08 AM
About trading the dices... it would be much easier to roll better if you rolled 1d20 instead of 1d0 Vixsor. (If you don't mind me re-rolling for you [roll0])

Threan
Knowledge check: What kind of Cube is it?
[roll1]

As the creature still didn't have it's initiative I assume Threan can move back without AoO. ... and the new cube is flat-footed, in which case...
Attack [roll2]
damage [roll3] + [roll4] Strike from Shadows

Johnny drops his shield and attacks summoning cube
Attack [roll5]
Damage [roll6]

Vixsor Lumin
2012-08-06, 04:17 AM
Wow.... looking back on that, I'm very pleased with the roll :smallbiggrin: I rolled a 1 on a d0, because screw your probability! ...and logic..... and possibility..... whoever is in charge of running the laws of physics owes me an explanation.... ill take the re roll from you Lexin :smallwink:

Eric Scott
2012-08-06, 01:55 PM
About trading the dices... it would be much easier to roll better if you rolled 1d20 instead of 1d0 Vixsor. (If you don't mind me re-rolling for you [roll0])

Threan
Knowledge check: What kind of Cube is it?
[roll1]

As the creature still didn't have it's initiative I assume Threan can move back without AoO. ... and the new cube is flat-footed, in which case...
Attack [roll2]
damage [roll3] + [roll4] Strike from Shadows

Johnny drops his shield and attacks summoning cube
Attack [roll5]
Damage [roll6]

Good, someone other than me was paying attention... based on that roll the rat is dead, which doesn't change the oozes action...

If by cube you mean the new thing... you know that it isn't an ooze but, that it is in fact an outsider...

The outsider goes on the oozes initiative. Starting the next time it is the oozes turn...

Also, neither attacks manage to deal any damage.

Wow.... looking back on that, I'm very pleased with the roll :smallbiggrin: I rolled a 1 on a d0, because screw your probability! ...and logic..... and possibility..... whoever is in charge of running the laws of physics owes me an explanation.... ill take the re roll from you Lexin :smallwink:

I must commend you on your ability to deny everything that the human race has ever known... rolling a 1 on a d0... well, that takes some skill...

Lexin
2012-08-06, 01:59 PM
Threan attacked the summoned one. Johnny is still attacking the summoning one.
Identifying Outsider
Knowledge (The Planes) [+ collector of stories] [roll0]

Man... it would be too easy with just rats... right?

Eric Scott
2012-08-06, 03:18 PM
Threan attacked the summoned one. Johnny is still attacking the summoning one.
Identifying Outsider
Knowledge (The Planes) [+ collector of stories] [roll0]

Man... it would be too easy with just rats... right?

I figured that much...

You can tell that it is a Lemurs... and because I'm to lazy to type, you know all the basics about it...

Rats are fun and all but, why would it need another scout? :smalltongue:

Lexin
2012-08-06, 03:38 PM
Okay, so good part is that because it is an outsider, and it is another knowledge check... my knowledge devotion gives another +1 to attack and damage (which makes attack check 14 and for ...28 damage (18 because of resistance)...
that and acid splatter is an touch attack, so I had to pass 10...
It was a Lemure (unless you've buffed it somehow)

The part that worries me is that 15 doesn't hit the Cube... high AC or damage reduction... bad...

Okay, Vixsor, your turn I guess

Vixsor Lumin
2012-08-06, 03:40 PM
I'm kinda nervous again haha. So do I still miss the rat?

Lexin
2012-08-06, 03:41 PM
I'm kinda nervous again haha. So do I still miss the rat?

Nah, you killed it.

Vixsor Lumin
2012-08-06, 04:14 PM
F**k yeah :smallcool: ok then, dealing with the slime seems like the best thing to do right now.

Kardeck sprints to the slime that is spawning all the creatures, and brings his sword down with a throaty roar.

Attack [roll0]
Damage [roll1]
Use leading the attack to grant allies a +4 morale bonus on attacks against the slime for the next round.

Vixsor Lumin
2012-08-06, 04:17 PM
Manuver rolls for this turn

[roll0]
[roll1]

I'm gonna roll for next turn to, so I know what I have to use.

[roll2]
[roll3]

Eric Scott
2012-08-06, 06:15 PM
Okay, so good part is that because it is an outsider, and it is another knowledge check... my knowledge devotion gives another +1 to attack and damage (which makes attack check 14 and for ...28 damage (18 because of resistance)...
that and acid splatter is an touch attack, so I had to pass 10...
It was a Lemure (unless you've buffed it somehow)

The part that worries me is that 15 doesn't hit the Cube... high AC or damage reduction... bad...

Okay, Vixsor, your turn I guess

I don't usually use things right off the page... I generally make a few adjustments, which leads to all Lemure's having the same adjusted stats.

F**k yeah :smallcool: ok then, dealing with the slime seems like the best thing to do right now.

Kardeck sprints to the slime that is spawning all the creatures, and brings his sword down with a throaty roar.

Attack [roll0]
Damage [roll1]
Use leading the attack to grant allies a +4 morale bonus on attacks against the slime for the next round.

The attack goes a little left of the ooze... but, only a little.

The ooze then does the golden glow and the circle and the what have you... and summons a 6 foot tall bearded creature (that acts on the oozes next turn), beside Kardeck.

The Lemure moves up to Threan and readys an action... specifically to follow Threan if he moves...

Lexin
2012-08-06, 06:39 PM
Still I assume the summoned creatures are flat-footed till their first initiative. Am I wrong?
If they are, then they loose both dex bonus to AC (flat-footed) and armor bonus (touch attack) that leaves mostly deflection... So I assume it is more about resistance to acid here...

Still the summons are stronger each round... and I am not sure if we can afford to ignore them and attack cube...

Still best use for me is:
Knowledge check (the planes) [roll0] (what kind of Bearded Devil is the bearded creature? and if it is completely immune to acid too? Okay I don't know it...)
Acid splatter => Summoning Cube
[roll1]
[roll2] (Edit: Really?)
Swift action - Swift Invisibility
Move action moving away from Lemure, but trying to stay in range with Cube.

Johnny: Attacking Cube too
[roll3]
[roll4] (Edit: Really, again?)

Eric Scott
2012-08-06, 11:21 PM
Still I assume the summoned creatures are flat-footed till their first initiative. Am I wrong?
If they are, then they loose both dex bonus to AC (flat-footed) and armor bonus (touch attack) that leaves mostly deflection... So I assume it is more about resistance to acid here...

Still the summons are stronger each round... and I am not sure if we can afford to ignore them and attack cube...

Still best use for me is:
Knowledge check (the planes) [roll0] (what kind of Bearded Devil is the bearded creature? and if it is completely immune to acid too? Okay I don't know it...)
Acid splatter => Summoning Cube
[roll1]
[roll2] (Edit: Really?)
Swift action - Swift Invisibility
Move action moving away from Lemure, but trying to stay in range with Cube.

Johnny: Attacking Cube too
[roll3]
[roll4] (Edit: Really, again?)

Yes, it is flat-footed until the ooze's turn...

It is quite clear to you that it is a Bearded Devil...

Both attacks hit... (and I'm glad to see the swapping of the dice is working out so far...)

((Also, I'm going to let you in on a little secret that you wouldn't know otherwise, the ooze is all out of summons for the day... :smallfrown: basically, it just went Nova getting the Bearded Devil... Which definitely was worth it...))

Vixsor Lumin
2012-08-07, 01:21 AM
ummm I vote johnny takes the ooze puddle, threan gets the lemur (if its still there which I doubt), and ill get the devil. Id appreciate any help with him though haha

Lexin
2012-08-07, 06:41 AM
Hmm actually best would be:
Someone except Threan- Lemure (it is immune to acid)
Johnny- Bearded Devil (he can die ... again, and he wouldn't mind)
Kardeck- choose what you want, but the devil is strong so it could be good to stay away.
Threan- Could try to get nice hit on the devil in next round... being invisible and all.

((Yeah, bearded devil will be... problematic...
Still, thanks for the info. Without it we would need to focus on cube and ignore the devil... it would hurt...))

Eric: Johnny would also move and try to block the devil. (I cannot tell exactly as I completely don't know where is anyone standing right now...)

Eric Scott
2012-08-07, 11:54 AM
Hmm actually best would be:
Someone except Threan- Lemure (it is immune to acid)
Johnny- Bearded Devil (he can die ... again, and he wouldn't mind)
Kardeck- choose what you want, but the devil is strong so it could be good to stay away.
Threan- Could try to get nice hit on the devil in next round... being invisible and all.

((Yeah, bearded devil will be... problematic...
Still, thanks for the info. Without it we would need to focus on cube and ignore the devil... it would hurt...))

Eric: Johnny would also move and try to block the devil. (I cannot tell exactly as I completely don't know where is anyone standing right now...)

((Yeah, I don't want you to feel too panicked... not yet at least.))

And I'll take Johnny's position into account when it is the oozes turn.

Vixsor Lumin
2012-08-07, 04:07 PM
Kardeck moves to the Lemure (staying out of reach of the devil) and swings his sword.

Attack [roll0]
Damage [roll1]

Eric Scott
2012-08-07, 05:09 PM
Kardeck moves to the Lemure (staying out of reach of the devil) and swings his sword.

Attack [roll0]
Damage [roll1]

Your sword bounces off of the Lemure... ((just bellow it's AC))

The Lemure swings it's claws at Kardeck.
Attack 1: [roll0]

Attack 2: [roll2]
Damage: [roll3]

The Bearded Devil swings its Glaive at Johnny.
Attack 1: [roll4]
Damage: [roll5] + 2 points from Infernal Wound.

Attack 2: [roll6]
Damage: [roll7] + 2 points from Infernal Wound.

The Ooze begins to "run" away... ((double move action))

Eric Scott
2012-08-07, 05:16 PM
Confining threat from Lemures first Claw attack...
Confirm: [roll0]

Edit: Now I could be wrong but, I don't think that's confining the crit...

Lexin
2012-08-07, 05:22 PM
Threan- Attacking Bearded Devil with bow

[roll0] vs flat-footed
[roll1] + [roll2]

Johnny: (Both attacks missed)
Trying to attack the devil
[roll3] attack
[roll4] damage

Vixsor Lumin
2012-08-07, 07:09 PM
Ok I take 3 damage, (I love share pain) which goes into my crusader pool to get me 3 delayed damage which becomes a +1 to hit.

Attacking the Lemure....again...

Attack [roll0]

Damage [roll1]

Lexin
2012-08-07, 07:14 PM
Ahh, Eric could you also tell us how far is the Cube? 2 move actions could be anywhere between 10 ft and 60 ft

Eric Scott
2012-08-08, 05:41 PM
Threan- Attacking Bearded Devil with bow

[roll0] vs flat-footed
[roll1] + [roll2]

Johnny: (Both attacks missed)
Trying to attack the devil
[roll3] attack
[roll4] damage

Both hit causing the Bearded Devil quite a bit of pain...

Ok I take 3 damage, (I love share pain) which goes into my crusader pool to get me 3 delayed damage which becomes a +1 to hit.

Attacking the Lemure....again...

Attack [roll0]

Damage [roll1]

You slice clear through the Lemure...

Ahh, Eric could you also tell us how far is the Cube? 2 move actions could be anywhere between 10 ft and 60 ft

It moved 40 ft...

Although, this round it double moves again outing it now at a total of 80 ft from you... and it is catching up to the Gelatinous Cube that you were following...

The Bearded Devil attacks Threan with its claws...
Attack 1: [roll0]
Damage: [roll1] + 2 from infernal wound

Attack 2: [roll2]
Damage: [roll3] + 2 from infernal wound

If both claws hit, the beard hits dealing [roll4] + 2 from infernal wound and a Fort save DC 16.

Lexin
2012-08-08, 05:56 PM
The only problem is that Threan attacked the devil with a bow... from a distance... it is at least one AoO from Johnny, maybe more if it passed Kardeck too. And after the move action it is only one attack.
+ (usually) infernal wound works only with the glaive (not with claws)

Do you keep this action, or choose another target? I will post my action depending on the answer.

Eric Scott
2012-08-08, 08:37 PM
The only problem is that Threan attacked the devil with a bow... from a distance... it is at least one AoO from Johnny, maybe more if it passed Kardeck too. And after the move action it is only one attack.
+ (usually) infernal wound works only with the glaive (not with claws)

Do you keep this action, or choose another target? I will post my action depending on the answer.

Sorry... I was half asleep at the time of that post... either way, the Bearded Devil is going to die no matter what action it takes... so, I think its fair to say its actions don't matter and that it just collapses dead... it saves me from any real thinking...

Lexin
2012-08-08, 08:42 PM
Sorry... I was half asleep at the time of that post... either way, the Bearded Devil is going to die no matter what action it takes... so, I think its fair to say its actions don't matter and that it just collapses dead... it saves me from any real thinking...

I am not so sure. It is CR 5. It actually can kill both of us. (around 30/45 hp, damage reduction, resistances, infernal wound)

Still I wouldn't mind if it was a weaker version...

Vixsor Lumin
2012-08-08, 11:21 PM
I am not so sure. It is CR 5. It actually can kill both of us. (around 30/45 hp, damage reduction, resistances, infernal wound)

What would be the point of a survival campaign, if the monsters just fall over?:smalltongue: still, if you don't want the headache of us fighting your strongest monster yet, I'm going to chase down those glorified jello puddles of xp :smallwink:

Eric Scott
2012-08-09, 11:07 AM

What would be the point of a survival campaign, if the monsters just fall over?:smalltongue: still, if you don't want the headache of us fighting your strongest monster yet, I'm going to chase down those glorified jello puddles of xp :smallwink:

Yeah, there'll be other things to wipe you out with later...

Lexin
2012-08-09, 11:14 AM
Okay then:

Threan attacks the summoning Cube with a bow from 65ft
[roll0]
[roll1] + [roll2]

And uses move action to chase it.

Johnny charges at the summoning Cube
[roll3]
[roll4]

Edit: Great rolls !

Eric Scott
2012-08-09, 04:06 PM
Okay then:

Threan attacks the summoning Cube with a bow from 65ft
[roll0]
[roll1] + [roll2]

And uses move action to chase it.

Johnny charges at the summoning Cube
[roll3]
[roll4]

Edit: Great rolls !

Neither, hit...

Vixsor Lumin
2012-08-10, 04:01 AM
use charging minotaur on the gelatinous cube.

strength check [roll0]

if i win the check, i do [roll1] damage

edit: i just realized.... i do more damage with a charge+PA combo, than a ToB manuber...... i dont get to send the cube flying, but it wouldnt matter cus it would die....

Eric Scott
2012-08-10, 09:17 AM
use charging minotaur on the gelatinous cube.

strength check [roll0]

if i win the check, i do [roll1] damage

edit: i just realized.... i do more damage with a charge+PA combo, than a ToB manuber...... i dont get to send the cube flying, but it wouldnt matter cus it would die....

You chop it and the kobold that is mostly dissolved, in half...

Lexin
2012-08-10, 09:49 AM
Okay, if the cubes aren't fighting back, should we just assume we finished them off?

If not:

Threan Acid Splatter
[roll0]
[roll1]

Johnny
[roll2]
[roll3]

Eric Scott
2012-08-11, 02:17 AM
Okay, if the cubes aren't fighting back, should we just assume we finished them off?

If not:

Threan Acid Splatter
[roll0]
[roll1]

Johnny
[roll2]
[roll3]

The Summoning Ooze dies...

Lexin
2012-08-11, 05:24 AM
Threan takes Johnny and they go back for the shield he dropped. They also look for anything useful in this room.

Vixsor Lumin
2012-08-11, 12:38 PM
Yay! We killed stuff! Hahaha :smallbiggrin:

Kardeck looks around the room for treasure, weapons, armor or other items of a valuable nature. While he's looking he asks Threan, "You take any hits?"

Lexin
2012-08-11, 12:40 PM
"No, I've turned invisible before the small one managed to hit me. And you?"