PDA

View Full Version : Any Sublime Chord-like PrC out there?

Larkas
2012-06-14, 08:55 AM
Specifically, I'm looking for a PrC with its own spell progression, preferably up to level 9, like the SC. I was trying to find something that would fit in better with a Mystic Ranger chassis without dipping Bard (though that's what I'll ultimately do, if I can't find an alternative; it would make the build very MAD, though, with a need for 14 Int and Wis and 19 Cha).

ThiagoMartell
2012-06-14, 09:00 AM
Nar Demonbinder, Divine Crusader and Ur-Priest spring to mind.

JeminiZero
2012-06-14, 09:03 AM
There is also Apostle of Peace (BoED) which is sort of an exalted Ur-Priest... and of course the Beholder Mage.

Psyren
2012-06-14, 09:06 AM
Also Blighter - is that all of them?

Larkas
2012-06-14, 09:56 AM
Thanks for the fast replies, guys!

The best fit would be Ur-Priest (and isn't it always?), but the skill requirements are too steep for a single-classed Ranger, and I don't dig the Evil alignment too much (though that's only a minor problem).

Apostle of Peace would be the next-best thing, but the required Vows wreck the class... I could shuffle it out later, I think, but that would depend too much on the DM's good will.

Divine Crusader would be awesome, if not for the 9-spells-only thing... Any exceptional domain out there, or spells to be taken with Divine Magician?

Nar Demonbinder, though it only goes up to level 8, ain't too shabby, and with the Planar Ranger variant isn't hard at all to qualify for, though it kinda goes against my plans of getting Abjurant Champion later.

Beholder Mage and Blighter are pretty much a no go for this build.

That said, it seems my best bet is still Sublime Chord. If only there were an easy way to get Druidic as a known language short of dipping Druid, or at least an easy-to-qualify PrC that gave Bardic Music and advanced divine spellcasting... Meh, I'll see if Wildrunner->Arcane Hierophant is a possibility, at least.

kardar233
2012-06-14, 11:05 AM
Keep in mind you can get domains using certain prestige classes and apply them to Divine Crusader. Sovereign Speaker (FoE), for example, gets a new domain every level from a fairly large list.

Larkas
2012-06-14, 11:13 AM
Indeed, good catch. I'd still have MAD issues, though... I think I'll go for a more traditional gish build, it is too difficult to get 9s with a Ranger chassis :smallfrown: