PDA

View Full Version : E6 Gnorman Playtest Group 2

Dead_Jester
2012-06-14, 09:00 AM
Group 2:
{table=head]Player|Character|Class (archetype)|Race
ZeltArruin|Dur'Dak'A'Thul (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=409251)|Gladiator (Brute)|Orc (Desert)
Lonely Tylenol|Raziel (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=410292)|Zealot (Initiate)|Nephilim (Trumpet)
Black_Zawisza|Zepheniah the Gutless (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=410524)|Blue Mage (Mountebank)|Gnome (Tinker)
Kenji|Vezral Aurelius (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=410475)|Red Mage (Pyromancer)|Nephilim (Sun)[/table]

Yesterday, the terrified townsfolk of Blackbriar informed you that recently, cattle and small children have been disappearing near the Bleak Chasm. You have agreed to investigate, and have discovered what appears to be a small ruined chapel dedicated to some unholy god.

The room you walk into is quite dark, the surroundings barely lit by a few candles. An altar stands on a platform at the center, surrounded by statues of an unknown person.

There appears to be some holes in the left wall, with the largest ones being easily two feet wide, with the bones of some creature nearby.

As you step further, a high pitched squeal resonates through the building, emanating from the biggest hole.

Map
http://img196.imageshack.us/img196/6074/gnorman2.jpg
Quick question, do you guys prefer battlemats or open combat?

For future ease
Initiative
Dur'Dak'A'Thul 1d20+6
Raziel 1d20
Zepheniah the Gutless 1d20+2
Vezral Aurelius 1d20+1

Perception
Dur'Dak'A'Thul 1d20+4
Raziel 1d20
Zepheniah the Gutless 1d20+4
Vezral Aurelius 1d20+2

Initiative order
Choker 2
Zepheniah
Choker 1
Dur'Dak'A'Thul
Vezral
Raziel

Kenji
2012-06-14, 04:39 PM
'This won't end well...' Soon as the words trailed into oblivion, a luminous light shone from Vezral as he edged nearer to the source of the squeal; attempting to discern its owner now that the room was better lit.

Casting Heavenly Illumination
30ft Bright Light, 60ft Shadowy Illumination from caster.

Perception
[roll0]
Scrutinizing into the hole to determine its occupant.

OOC
Could've swear I assumed the black and gold ring thingy as holes before rereading the description for the third time and noticed the word 'left'

Black_Zawisza
2012-06-14, 11:05 PM
"Son of a bitch!" Zeph reflexively dives for the nearest statue, attempting to hide behind it. After catching his breath, he peers around the figure and gives the room a once-over to determine the threat's location. "What the hell was THAT?"

Initiative
(1d20+2)[19]

Hide
(1d20+10)[12]

Perception
(1d20+3)[21]

OOC
I prefer battlemats, but only when I can understand them. I have to admit, I'm having trouble with yours. :smallbiggrin: The four black-and-gold circles are us, right? If so, which of us is which?

ZeltArruin
2012-06-15, 07:36 AM
Brown spot third down on the left is the hole, the black and gold are pillars.

Initiative: [roll0]
Perception: [roll1]

Dur'Dak'A'Thul stalks forward, switching to his morningstar and shield as he glances around quickly to find this squealing beast.

Dead_Jester
2012-06-15, 09:15 AM
OOC
Sorry about the confusion, will add descriptive text next time :smallredface:
Your position in this case is pretty much up to you, as you are assumed to have already entered to room

As Vezral peeks into the larger hole, he catches a glance of what appears to be a small naked halfling with disproportionately long arms barreling down the corridor.

Looking around the rest of the room, Dur'Dak'A'Thul and Zepheniah notice another similar creature, perched behind the demon statue. As it notices them, it emits another high pitched screech, and mutters something in an unidentifiable language.

Choker initiative
Choker 1 (in the tunnel) [roll0]
Choker 2 (on the wall) [roll1]

Note that neither of them is currently in range of any of you

EDIT: In this battle, no one has a surprise round

Black_Zawisza
2012-06-15, 10:58 AM
Zeph clutches his ears for several seconds as the primal shriek reverberates about the chapel. "Any o' you see more than one? Lure them all to this sanctuary's center - I've got a plan!"

Lonely Tylenol
2012-06-15, 02:55 PM
Perception:
[roll0]
Initiative:
[roll1]

"What was what?" Raziel says, whirling around to face Zeph. Raziel digs a pinky into his ear in an attempt to clear it out before listening in again. "Do you guys see anything?"

Raziel reaches for his weapon, alert and focused, but the last to know on exactly what he should be focusing.

Kenji
2012-06-15, 06:52 PM
OOC
I assume combat will not be updated through maps like Group 1?

As suggested by Zawisza, I think we should gather them in a place first :smallsmile:

Vezral backed off immediately lest the creature was alerted of him first. Turning towards the rest, he bellowed, 'If you meant a small halfling with overgrown arm, then yes, there's another one here!' After relaying his found, Vezral hurried for the center as instructed.

Initiative Roll
[roll0]

Round 1
Move Action
Moving to 3rd square from left, 5th square from top. [Assumed Falchion is drawn]

Standard Action
Total Defense [+4 Dodge to AC]

Black_Zawisza
2012-06-15, 08:51 PM
"Ye damned fool! Aside from the carnivorous screeching man-octopus, no, there is absolutely NOTHING to see here!" Zeph shifts position so that he stands perpendicular to the hole and the visible foe, keeping both in his central vision. Gritting his teeth, he awaits the optimal moment to discharge his arcane power. ""I'd get behind me if I were you - anybody in front of me is about to have a real bad day!"

Round 2 (was my first post Round 1, or had combat not started yet?)
Move Action
Move to fourth square from the left, fourth square from the top.

Standard Action
Readied Action: Cast Color Spray (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/spells/colorSpray.htm) as soon as both foes enter the 15 cone range.

Dead_Jester
2012-06-15, 09:39 PM
OOC
Black, if you want the best angle to see (and hit) both, I'd recommend you step further back, maybe to the 4th from the top and left

I'll also try to update the map as soon as I can, I am temporarily away from my map making software

Also, the first round of combat begins now, your ready actions are considered to have been made before the start. If any of you have other pre-battle actions, now is the time.
The group prepares itself for the creatures' inevitable attack, and their preparation pays off when the little creatures steps forward with noticeable quickness

EDIT: Updated map, due to limited selection of creatures, Vezral is in red, Raziel is in grey, Dur'Dak'A'Thul is the axe wielding maniac and Zepheniah is the small green thing. The grey things are chokers.

http://img502.imageshack.us/img502/6074/gnorman2.jpg

Black_Zawisza
2012-06-15, 10:07 PM
OOC
To anyone who can't see the map on GiantitP (I can't), just right-click on the icon where the map should be and copy the URL into the address bar. Never mind, I can see it now.

Also, I edited my post before you posted - I moved to the fourth square from top and left.

Kenji
2012-06-15, 11:00 PM
Noticing the choker behind the statue, Vezral shifted to face it and prepared to intercept whatever assault that may come from it. 'Let's quickly dispatch them and see if there's more within the hole.'

Round 1
If the choker is further than 10ft from me by my turn
Move Action
5-foot step to 3rd square from left, 4th square from top. [Assumed Falchion is drawn]

Standard Action
Readied Action: Attacking any chokers within 5ft range.
Attack Roll: [roll0]
Damage Roll: [roll1]
Critical Attack Roll: [roll2]
Critical Damage Roll: [roll3]

OR if there's any choker within 10ft from me by my turn, ignore the above
Full-Round Action
5ft step towards the choker, but steer away from the center in case Zeph casts Color Spray. Standard attack and cast Burning Hands if it's still alive.

Standard Attack
Attack Roll: [roll4]
Damage Roll: [roll5]
Critical Attack Roll: [roll6]
Critical Damage Roll: [roll7]
Burning Hands Damage [Cone-shaped Burst (15ft)]: [roll8] [Reflex Save vs DC 13 to halve damage]

As a future reference, do I roll attack separately or roll once and apply for both?

OOC
Does my Total Defense from before still apply or do we assumed everyone starts fresh combat now?

I would suggest Ziwasa to delay your action after me if you want my space :smalltongue:

On a separate note, how do we resolve combat order for this playtest? For example, I lose initiative but since the enemy haven't moved yet, I won't know whether they will be within 10ft from me by my turn and hence whether I can do a full-round action on them.

Dead_Jester
2012-06-16, 07:11 AM
OOCYou can declare your actions, including backups if the situation changes. If you don't have a backup, a logical conclusion will be assumed (for example, if you where going to shoot the first choker, and he was dead, it would be assumed you'd fire on the second one, unless otherwise stated), but you are free to modify your actions until they come to pass (your point in the initiative order).

And you don't have to roll separate attacks and damage for both divergent possibilities, although you can if you prefer.

Your total defense is up until the start of your next turn, so counts for any attacks until then.

Lonely Tylenol
2012-06-16, 08:03 PM
OOC
I just noticed my character sheet is missing 4 skill points, which were clearly meant to go into Concentration to help for the casting of SLAs and Sapphire Nightmare Blade. Can I assume that they are in Concentration until my computer is available to me and I can change it?

Also, I listed my deity as Celestian, but not my domains. They are Protection and Travel, granting me Sanctuary and Longstrider 1/day.

Finally, I didn't notice flaws were available? May I take two for the Devotion feats of my deity?

"Oh," Raziel says flatly as he draws his weapon. "Actually, they look like something I read in a book once," Raziel mused, before continuing, hurriedly, "I, uh, read it for the articles," as he raises his sword to prepare to strike the beast.

OOC (actions)
Move to the immediate intersect of Vezral and Zeph if possible, or adjacent to Zeph in a way that does not put me in the way of Burning Hands, although I would prefer to be in front since I act after both discharge their spells. Then, I ready an action to attack when the Choker atop the statue approaches; or, I move up and attack it outright, if it failed the Will save vs. Color Spray.

ATTACK
Attack Roll:
[roll0]
Damage:
[roll1]

CRITICAL THREAT (19-20 x2)
Attack Roll:
[roll2]
Damage:
[roll3]

Black_Zawisza
2012-06-16, 09:02 PM
As his companions begin to battle with superior strength and agility, Zepheniah breaks into a wide grin, thoroughly impressed. "Well, scratch that plan - I suppose I'll let you fine fellows perform the heavy lifting...for now!" Zeph begins to engage in a rather silly dance, seeking to bewilder the chokers with its utter inanity.

Casting Distract on both chokers, DC 18
Failed save permits each creature to take a single move or standard action next round (but not both)

Dead_Jester
2012-06-17, 09:06 AM
OOC
Yes, you can take the devotion domains.

And I'll rule that distract removes one action plus the capability to execute full round actions on chokers, but they keep to ability to use their Quickness ability, so they still get 2 move or standard action per round, instead of 3.

Saves
Choker 1 against Color Spray [roll0],
against Burning Hand [roll1]
against Distract [roll2]

Choker 2 against Color Spray [roll3],
against Burning Hand [roll4]
against Distract [roll5]

As the rubbery creatures advance closer to the group to get in range, they get hit by a flurry of spells. Attempting to strike at the trespassing creatures, they nimbly avoid most of the fire, only to be awestruck by the colorful display the soon followed. Unable to cope with so many colors, their tiny minds overload, and they both on the floor, seizures coursing through their bodies. Before they can recover, another angel attempts to strike one down, but the erratic movements of the creature's body make him difficult to hit.

If the creatures aren't stunned by color spray, choker 2 moves to the entrance of the tunnel and attempts to hit the orc with both limbs.

1st attack: To Hit [roll6]
Damage [roll7]
Critical confirmation [roll8]
Critical damage [roll9]
Grapple on hit [roll10]

2nd attack: To Hit [roll11]
Damage [roll12]
Critical confirmation [roll13]
Critical damage [roll14]
Grapple on hit [roll15]

At the same time, choker 1 jumps down from the statue and, from behind the altar, attempts to grab the little gnome and the burning angel.

1st attack: To Hit [roll16]
Damage [roll17]
Critical confirmation [roll18]
Critical damage [roll19]
Grapple on hit [roll20]

2nd attack (if not Distracted): To Hit [roll21]
Damage [roll22]
Critical confirmation [roll23]
Critical damage [roll24]
Grapple on hit [roll25]

EDIT: Ah, the joys of Color Spray! New map, both chokers are stunned.
http://desmond.imageshack.us/Himg820/scaled.php?server=820&filename=gnorman3.jpg&res=landing

Kenji
2012-06-17, 10:46 AM
OOC
Given that my Initiative is lower than choker 1 or 2 and one of them is within 10 ft from me, shouldn't I managed to 5 foot step and slash him with my falchion before burning him up? Confirming this since I did get some epic rolls :smallbiggrin:. Combat Panache should allow me to standard attack & cast a spell as a full-round action.

Edit: Either something is wrong with my roll or that's the weirdest roll ever done by me.

As the chokers charged forth towards them, Vezral braced himself for the impact; only to be amused by the confused looks on the creatures. Not wishing to delay their inevitable demise any further, he dashed for the nearest choker while a mystic blue orb was slowly evoked from his fingertip.

Round 3
If I'm wrong in the above question
Full-Round Action
5ft step to 4th from left, 3rd from above. Standard attack on the choker followed by magic missile to it, or the one near the hole if it's dead.
Standard Attack
Magic Missile: (1d4+1)[2]

If I'm correct and the choker near the statue is (presumably) dead
Move Action
Move towards the choker near the hole and attack it. The rolls is taken from the above spoiler.
Standard Attack

Black_Zawisza
2012-06-17, 01:47 PM
OOC
Oh, I automatically abandoned my readied action when my turn came around and hadn't yet cast Color Spray - by RAW I should not have been able to cast it (nor do I really want to, since the fight's getting cleaned up so nicely).

Lonely Tylenol
2012-06-17, 05:16 PM
Raziel looks down at his enemy, twitching erratically on the ground, and sighs before looking at his sword. "Er, my sword isn't really meant for stabbing, little guy," Raziel says apologetically, as he puts a foot down on the creature's wrist to hold it down, "So, um, sorry," and then plunges his greatsword toward the creature's heart... But misses entirely, sword clanging loudly against the stone floor.

OOC (actions):
Full-round action to coup de grace.
Damage:
[roll0]

Fort save = 10+ damage dealt (above) to not die.

EDIT: D'oh! Chokers have 3HD. I still need to roll to hit and damage.

Will be made in the post to follow.

Lonely Tylenol
2012-06-17, 09:07 PM
OOC (actions):
ATTACK
Attack Roll:
[roll0]
Damage:
[roll1]

CRITICAL THREAT (19-20 x2)
Attack Roll:
[roll2]
Damage:
[roll3]

Dead_Jester
2012-06-18, 08:00 AM
OOC
I apologize for the confusion on my part; Kenji, you are right about your attack, and Choker 2 very much a choker méchoui).

Black_Zawisza, I had assumed you were maintaining the readied action (silly me!), and you comment about "Scratching that" referred to Kenji's one about dispatching the first one (rather than your own actions).

If those were your intentions, choker 1 is not distracted, Dur takes 5 dmg and needs to make an opposed grapple vs 15. Lonely, you can change your 2nd turn actions, as the circumstances have changed (but your first turn ready action stands, as the choker did not fail the will save, and dies before your action).

Also, Lonely, I just realized your character sheet says Sentinel (Zealot) instead of Zealot (Initiate) as a class.
Modified map before the start of round 3 (still waiting on ZeltArruin's actions, will assume attempt to standard attack if no answer before 19h tonight)
http://desmond.imageshack.us/Himg217/scaled.php?server=217&filename=gnorman4.jpg&res=landing

ZeltArruin
2012-06-18, 12:54 PM
With his foe now crippled and spasming on the floor, the large orc shrugged and swung his great axe in a mighty arc downwards, towards the thing. The axe smashed into the rubbery flesh of the choker, smashing through bone and sinew with great force.

Power Attacking
To hit: [roll0]
damage: [roll1]

Lonely Tylenol
2012-06-18, 03:56 PM
OOC:
My actions are the same, except walking up to the other Choker instead. I see no reason to reroll, as the action is the same, so I'll take my natural 1--again--and another useless attack, although it looks like the fight has already been won with the previous blow anyway.

Also, whoop! I'm playing a Sentinel in my other game. Must have gotten my wires crossed. I'll be making all these fixes ASAP (as soon as my new charger comes in and I can access my computer again).

Black_Zawisza
2012-06-19, 04:22 AM
OOC

Assuming they aren't both dead...

Zeph moves to flank the remaining choker. He aims his wrist-mounted crossbow and fires.

Attack: (1d20+2)[20]
Damage: (1d8)[4]

Kenji
2012-06-19, 04:52 AM
OOC
Aye, that attack should nailed it. For the sake of simplicity, let's assumed Black Zawisza cast Colorful Spray. We can always do better in the next rounds :smalltongue:.

I personally suggest that we write Round # to finalize our action. In case of any alteration, we can cross it out and include the post # which contain our newest action (e.g. Round # [Refer Post #]). Just giving my two cents on the situation :smallcool:.

As a reminder, I will retain my 3rd round action of attacking the remaining choker.

Dead_Jester
2012-06-19, 07:40 AM
That Choker had 19 health, the first hit almost split it in two :smallsmile:

I believe this closes the first segment of this playtest, a second 1st level one will be announced shortly; you are free to modify your characters in the meantime.

EDIT: Encounter #2

As you continue your journey, you come across what appears to be a small ruined wall, blocking the end of the valley. You also notice kobolds on and around the fortification, including a few who appear to be wearing heavier equipment and distinctive livery on their chest armor.

They appear distracted and, using the natural rock outcroppings as cover, you easily get close to them.
http://desmond.imageshack.us/Himg706/scaled.php?server=706&filename=gnorman5.jpg&res=landing

K's appear to be normal kobolds, with light armor and spears.
A's are wearing studded leather, and appear to be carrying bucklers as well as crossbows.

The additional area in the top right corner is the ground level for the gateway and the towers.

The boulders give total cover from the kobolds on the ground, and, if directly behind, from those on the wall. The kobolds behind the spikes are in partial cover (+2 AC), and those on the wall are in cover (+4 AC) but can't shoot down without being on top of the walls (no cover).

The crumbled wall on the left creates a climbable slope.

You start behind any large boulder.

Black_Zawisza
2012-06-19, 03:52 PM
Zeph crouches behind the boulder closest to the hole in the wall. Waiting for several minutes, his eyes shift rapidly, attempting to detect any patterns in the movements and facial directions of the sentries.

OOC
Have we rested yet after the first encounter?

Dead_Jester
2012-06-19, 07:42 PM
Yes, assume full rest and healing.

ZeltArruin
2012-06-20, 08:08 AM
Thul waits behind the third boulder from the left, ready to charge out and storm the gates while the others use a little more tact in their decisions.

As stated, boulder 3.

Kenji
2012-06-20, 04:37 PM
Vezral occasionally surveyed the area from the shadow of the rightmost boulder; accessing the best chance to infiltrate the ruined wall. Realizing that their wait yielded little result, Vezral gestured for the others that he will go first. His mouth fluently whispered a few arcane incantations that he's familiar with before nocking an arrow; awaiting its eventual release on the kobold atop the wall.

Round 0
Will assume that this is a surprise round.

Casting Spells
Blade of Blood (http://dndtools.eu/spells/players-handbook-ii--80/blade-of-blood--2991/)
Since it did not specifically mentioned that I can't cast it on an arrow's tip, I will leave it on DM's ruling.
True Strike (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/spells/trueStrike.htm)
[+20 insight bonus and bypass concealment miss chance]

Assuming that total cover meant I'm on the same column as K4...
Full-Round Action
5-foot step to 1 square left.

Standard Attack [On A1]
Damage Roll: [roll1] + [roll2] Dependent on DM's ruling on blade of blood
Critical Attack Roll: [roll3]
Critical Damage Roll: [roll4]
Magic Missile: [roll5] [On A1, or K1 if A1 is dead]

If I can't 5-foot step to the left and take full-round action, assumed that Vezral moved towards the right of the boulder and does a standard attack without casting magic missile.

Dead_Jester
2012-06-20, 11:15 PM
OOC
Blood Blade is ok on a ranged attack, and A1 is downed by the arrow (you can't say if he's completely dead), the magic missile is ok, but you can't really target A1 (if he's down, he's prone, so he has total cover from you due to the rampart).

Black_Zawisza
2012-06-20, 11:57 PM
Zepheniah nods, acknowledging Vezral's signal to attack. He arms his wristbow and aims at one goblin. He nearly fires, but the goblin collapses to the ground without warning - at the last moment, he shifts his attention to the other foe on the wall and lets loose a bolt.

Round 0

Attack Roll: (1d20+2)[8]
Damage Roll: (1d8)[2]

Kenji
2012-06-21, 04:29 AM
OOC
Yes, I'm aware of the possibility, hence I mentioned my Magic Missile will hit K1 if A1 is dead (or in this case, fell into total cover). Still, that will be one hell of a buffed kobold to survive 10 damage. Nevertheless, I'm starting to feel the thrill of using red mage :smallbiggrin:

On a separate note, feel free to use my action as a decoy and climb the wall. While we're still in surprise round, will be rolling for initiative...

Initiative
[roll0]

ZeltArruin
2012-06-21, 06:42 AM
With confirmation that it was time, Dur'Dak'A'Thul charged forward, his great axe held high as he closed quite noisily with the kobolds, attempting to draw as much attention as possible.

OOC
AC: 16
Double moving into combat with K1, since I can't charge or otherwise hurt things.

Dead_Jester
2012-06-22, 07:12 AM
OOC
Updated map incoming as soon as Lonely moves, if I hear nothing before 19h tonight, I'll assume following Dur in the center melee.

Also, Zepheniah, where have you been hiding those goblins? I only see kobolds :smallwink:

And Kenji, the kobold you shot is not exactly standing up, but he's not at -10 HP just yet.

Black_Zawisza
2012-06-22, 04:54 PM
OOC

Also, Zepheniah, where have you been hiding those goblins? I only see kobolds :smallwink:
OOC
Shhh :smalltongue:

Dead_Jester
2012-06-22, 08:37 PM
Caught by surprise, the kobolds scramble to ready themselves as guttural shouts echo from the rampart.

Kobold Initiative
Mooks [roll0]
Armored ones [roll1]

Updated map
http://desmond.imageshack.us/Himg594/scaled.php?server=594&filename=gnorman6.jpg&res=landing

Black_Zawisza
2012-06-23, 12:57 AM
Zeph realizes that there might be more foes in the area; seeking to gather more intelligence, he rushes past the wall and scans the area for any reinforcements.

Kenji
2012-06-23, 11:13 AM
Perceiving Zepheniah's imminent dash for the hole, Vezral prepared himself for a sprint as well; determined to disable any possible threats befalling upon Zepheniah. Eying for a suitable cover, Vezral began to scramble for the leftmost boulder while avoiding the brewing combat.

Round 1
Full-Round Action
Run towards the behind of the leftmost boulder.

OOC
Since it is not mentioned anywhere, my magic missile hit K1, right? As a side note, prepare for the death of another bow-wielding kobold :smallamused:

Dead_Jester
2012-06-24, 11:01 AM
Initiative
Dur
Zeph
Armored Kobolds
Vezral
Kobolds

As shouts erupt around the wall, more armored kobolds emerge from the towers, and one of them lobs what appears to be a small sphere of clay towards the gnome and the pyromancer. As it shatters, it releases a vile stench.

As the gaz begins to spread, the armored kobold on top of the destroyed section backs away from the wall before tossing another sphere in the breach, and it suddenly fills with opaque smoke.

From the top of the rampart, you can also hear what you think is the sound of a kobold spitting and coughing violently, accompanied by the shoots of another one.

Armored Kobold 1 : Stinkbomb [roll0] to between the gnome and the pyromancer. 10ft radius, DC 13 Fortitude check or Sickened for the round.
Scatter [roll1] (standard deviation)

Armored Kobold 2 : Smoke Grenade (drops it, no deviation)
20ft radius smoke
Updated map
http://desmond.imageshack.us/Himg856/scaled.php?server=856&filename=gnorman7.jpg&res=landing

Black_Zawisza
2012-06-24, 03:47 PM
Initiative
(1d20+2)[21]

Fortitude Save
(1d20+1)[12]

Zeph coughs violently and runs forward to escape the nauseous cloud.

Kenji
2012-06-25, 03:59 AM
Fortitude Save
[roll0]

Upon noticing the arrival of the armored kobold, Vezral planned to cover behind the nearest boulder but alas, his reflex was a tad bit slower. As the gas begun its suffocating spread, Vezral swiftly dashed away from the gas towards the closest safe spot he could find.

Round 1
Full-Round Action
Run towards the behind of the 2nd rightmost boulder.

Changed my destination from leftmost boulder to 2nd rightmost. Attempting to gain cover before sniping that darn kobold down. :smallmad:

Dead_Jester
2012-06-26, 10:47 AM
OOC
Zelt and Lonely, are you guys still here?

ZeltArruin
2012-06-26, 11:57 AM
Did the Kobolds not need to go again? That's what the initiative looks like to me.

The orc with the long name calls upon his rage and uses his might to probably crush the foe before him!

Start Raging, I have 8? rounds total
Power attacking
to hit: [roll0]

Dead_Jester
2012-06-27, 07:47 AM
OOC
You guys acted on round 0 because of surprise, the armored kobolds act 2nd on round 1. Also, I can't seem to find your initiative count.

And Zeph, you run in what direction exactly; your first post seems to say that you are moving to the left, but your second says you move forward (which would be into the rock).

As smoke fills the battlefield, another kobold is slain, cleaved in twain by the orc's mighty axe.

Updated map
Coming when I know Zeph's intentions

ZeltArruin
2012-06-27, 07:56 AM
OOC
Bottom of OOC page 2, it's a 21 total.

Edit: Also forgot my +2 to hit and +3 damage from rage, additionally, my AC is down to 14.

Black_Zawisza
2012-06-29, 03:53 PM
OOC
I intended to move past the hole in the wall and proceed towards the structure on the right. I thought I had started behind the far-right boulder, so that no movement left would be necessary.

Dead_Jester
2012-06-30, 05:40 PM
OOC
The structure on the right is a representation of the first story of the gatehouse; do you still want to run across the cloud of smoke?

Kenji
2012-07-02, 11:05 AM
OOC
Since Dead_Jester doesn't seem to be responding to the OOC thread, just wanna say that I'm still on the boat. Waiting for this to be sorted out and the map updated :smallwink:

Dead_Jester
2012-07-03, 08:33 AM
OOC
Sorry guys, been working 12h+ days lately, should be back to normal now.

Map
http://desmond.imageshack.us/Himg195/scaled.php?server=195&filename=gnorman9.jpg&res=landing

Kenji
2012-07-06, 07:28 AM
Amidst teary eyes and an upset stomach, Vezral managed to escape the cloud of gas before it could weaken him any further. Turning back towards the kobold responsible, Vezral released another arrow followed by similar mystical blue orb as before; noticeably weaker due to the aftereffect of inhaling the gas.

Round 2
Full-Round Action
5-foot step out of cover.

Standard Attack [On A3]
Magic Missile: [roll4] [On A3. In case of premature death, on K4]

ZeltArruin
2012-07-06, 07:59 AM
OOC
Rage Rounds: 7 AC: 14
Move to attack the next kobold
to hit: [roll0]

Rounding on the next foe, Dur'Dak'A'Thul swings his axe high with a swift backhand, flying just over the diminutive foe's head. Though the blow was not as strong a hit as he could manage, it still would be enough to bring down most men, were that it hit.

Dead_Jester
2012-07-06, 04:19 PM
As their numbers dwindle, the kobolds desperately try to fend off the attackers.
Kobolds round 1
Kobold 2 attack (Raziel) :[roll0]
crit :[roll1]
damage (spear) :[roll2]
crit damage :[roll3]

Kobold 3 attack (Dur) :[roll4]
crit :[roll5]
damage (light crossbow) :[roll6]
crit damage :[roll7]

Kobold 4 attack (Dur) :[roll8]
crit :[roll9]
damage (light crossbow) :[roll10]
crit damage :[roll11]
As Dur'Dak'A'Thul tries to cleave another kobold, he is peppered by the little creatures puny crossbows.

Updated map
http://desmond.imageshack.us/Himg198/scaled.php?server=198&filename=gnorman9.jpg&res=landing

Dur'Dak'A'Thul's attack misses

Kenji
2012-07-09, 05:09 PM
OOC
Since it isn't mentioned in the combat play out, does Vezral's action on A3 still stands or had it been done? Though given the initiative, I'm quite surprised that Dead Jester didn't go ahead with it. :smalleek:

Dead_Jester
2012-07-10, 06:54 AM
OOC
It still stands, but it comes after Zeph's and the armored kobolds', we are in the middle of turn 2