PDA

View Full Version : Pale Master Help

stilla
2012-06-14, 10:13 AM
1) Is there a feat or spell to allow me to communicate with undead telepathically as opposed to verbally?

2) Mage Blade in the Ultimate Magic Items book says that the user needs to be able to prepare and use arcane spells. can i assume that a sorcerer is not able to use this thing?

I have a bunch more but no time to type now. will return shortly.

Pyromancer999
2012-06-14, 10:20 AM
1) Is there a feat or spell to allow me to communicate with undead telepathically as opposed to verbally?

Undead do not have minds, so from what I've seen, no.

2) Mage Blade in the Ultimate Magic Items book says that the user needs to be able to prepare and use arcane spells. can i assume that a sorcerer is not able to use this thing?

No, although there is a feat in Complete Arcane that allows spontaneous casters to prepare spells, so a sorcerer could qualify that way.

The Glyphstone
2012-06-14, 10:21 AM

I have a bunch more but no time to type now. will return shortly.

1) If they are Mindless undead, you can't speak to them telepathically because they have no minds to speak into. If they're intelligent, any spell that would communicate telepathically with a normal creature will also work on them.

2)There is no official sourcebook called Ultimate Magic Items, so you're dealing with 3rd party/homebrew, and that means your guess is as good as ours.

Urpriest
2012-06-14, 10:22 AM
By default, any telepathy ability can be used to communicate with undead as well as living. The first level of Mindbender will give you telepathy, as will many other sources.

If that's the exact phrasing of Mage Blade then yes, Sorcerors cannot qualify.

Madara
2012-06-14, 10:25 AM

If its some kind of weapon, you can UMD to try and imitate a caster who prepares spells.

Pyromancer999
2012-06-14, 10:30 AM
The name of the feat is Arcane Preparation, which gives you the option of preparing spells if you are a spontaneous caster, so a Sorcerer with Arcane Preparation would qualify.