PDA

View Full Version : Illumian power sigil

tricktroller
2012-06-14, 04:19 PM
Ok folks I ahve a question about the interaction between the feats enhanced power sigil and improved power sigil (n). Enhanced power sigil states; "The bonuses granted by each of your power sigils improve by 1."

The improved power sigil states; "You aesh power sigil grants you a +1 insight bonus per power sigil on weapon damage rolls with any weapon with which you have selected the weapon focus feat."

now since both of these key off the word "bonus" would you in fact get a +2 bonus per sigil?

I would think that they would however, I might be asking for cheese and if so then eh oh well I'll let it drop. Just think though, and illumian fighter getting a total of +8 to damage rolls from weapon spec, greater weapon spec, and imp power sigil and enhanced power sigil. Could be pretty smexy.

Malimar
2012-06-14, 04:38 PM
I can't find where it says what the type of the bonus from the sigil itself is, so I presume it is an untyped bonus. Different kinds of bonuses, and untyped bonuses, stack with everything except themselves (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/theBasics.htm#modifierTypes). So the untyped bonus from the power sigil, the increase in that untyped bonus from Enhanced Power Sigil, the insight bonus from Improved Power Sigil, and the untyped bonus from Weapon Focus would all stack yes.

That said, spending feats on static numeric bonuses is widely seen on these boards as extremely wasteful, and there are countless more useful things you could spend your feats on.

tricktroller
2012-06-14, 04:49 PM
wasteful to some maybe. I find static bonuses to be very nice as a reduction in paperwork and cheesey sauce. Also my DM is more lenient with characters that don't go to crazy chaining extremes with feats and ACF's etc. I also like just having a fighter that swings a one handed sword with an 18 str for 1d8 +12 every swing. Makes me laugh a lot.

*edit* also what I meant by do these bonuses stack is does the +1 insight bonus from improved sigil aish get bumped to a +2 bonus because of the wording in enhanced power sigil? I'm not sure if the designersintened for the +1 boost to just be to the inherent bonuses granted by the sigils or if the improved feats would be modified as well.*edit

Kir
2012-06-14, 05:50 PM
Ok folks I have a question about the interaction between the feats enhanced power sigil and improved power sigil (n). Enhanced power sigil states; "The bonuses granted by each of your power sigils improve by 1."
This is pretty clear. If feat = sigil, then if feat gives numeric bonus, improve numeric by 1. (else do nothing)

The improved power sigil states; "You aesh power sigil grants you a +1 insight bonus per power sigil on weapon damage rolls with any weapon with which you have selected the weapon focus feat."
Does this feat consider itself a power sigil? I'm not familiar with them. If it is considered a sigil itself (presuming the "Your aesh power sigil" refers to the feat itself, which seems likely), then the bonus is indeed improved to 2/power sigil, which is a very good damage upgrade for a fighter lv6-10 or so since it also improves the power sigils themselves, making it a multiplier. If it is somehow made clear it's a power sigil improvement, and not a power sigil in and of itself, the bonus/power sigil remains 1, but it does buff all normal power sigils (which makes the feat half as good, especially since you'd get a huge insight bonus so you can start gathering other kinds of typed bonus if it did).

now since both of these key off the word "bonus" would you in fact get a +2 bonus per sigil?

I would think that they would however, I might be asking for cheese and if so then eh oh well I'll let it drop. Just think though, and illumian fighter getting a total of +8 to damage rolls from weapon spec, greater weapon spec, and imp power sigil and enhanced power sigil. Could be pretty smexy.
Hope that was enough explanation so you can make judgement on it, i don't know the sigils themselves.

panaikhan
2012-06-15, 07:43 AM
I played an illumian a while back, though mine was a caster.
As far as I am aware, the enhancements stack (I don't have my books with me).
One sigil gives a +1, two give +2, the feat adds an extra one (for +2 / +3 respectively)