PDA

View Full Version : Cleric Animal Companion?

Theroc
2012-06-15, 08:34 AM
Just wondering as I saw someone in an earlier thread mention getting an animal companion as a druid through a Domain Ability. I suspect it might have been a Pathfinder only thing, but I was interested enough to ask if anyone knew of a 3.5 Legal way to do this?

Namfuak
2012-06-15, 08:41 AM
Wild Cohort is going to be your best bet 9/10.

If you don't mind being a gish, a swift hunter build using scout, cleric, and prestige ranger gets half casting and an animal companion equal to the prestige ranger class level. You can take between 1 and 3 levels of cleric before prestiging, depending on what you want to do.

I suppose you could do some unholy combination of druid or ranger with cleric and wizard and arcane heirophant, but you would be stuck with low caster levels all around.

Theroc
2012-06-15, 08:48 AM
So, there's no domain ability to do it. Must have been PF only. ~goes to take a peek at PF's Domains.~

Thanks for the reply. I was asking as I intend to build a beefy cleric. It actually ties into My Gestalt campaign advice questions (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=245970) but that didn't seem to be getting responses anymore, so I asked this question separately.

Basic build idea now is: [Base Race undecided] Half-Minotaur Evolutionist|Cleric X/Sorc X/Geomancer advancing Divine Casting(Since Arcane stuff is already hella pumped, and using Spell Versatility to key all the casting stuff on Charisma to go with Turning/Rebuking.

Anyhow, thanks for the response on the Animal companion bit.

stack
2012-06-15, 10:18 AM
In pathfinder, animal domain gets an AC at cleric level -3. Natural oracles can get them as well, as can sorcerers with the right bloodline.