PDA

View Full Version : Bard-Paladin

Elhann
2012-06-15, 10:28 AM
So, I wanted to build a Valkyrie from the Fire emblem games. Long story short, I guess the best way for it is a horse-riding bard, with certain focus on healing spells (I guess cleric would work too, but cleric is more melee oriented than I'd really like)

The problem with this is bard doesn't get Ride as a class skill, and rather than buying it as a cross-class skill, I decided to get a second class that gets it. 2 levels of paladin would grant me ride as a class skill and CHA to saves, which would be welcome. (aura of good and smite evil are something I don't really care about)

So, other than convincing my DM of allowing paladin of freedom, is there a way to multiclass paladin and bard without losing divine grace? Or another way to get ride as a class skill without multiclassing to ranger, fighter or druid?

Waker
2012-06-15, 10:36 AM
Devoted Performer allows multi-classing between Bard and Paladin. You could also try Divine Bard (UA)/Sacred Exorcist/Prestige Paladin.
The first option is a lot easier though.

Amoren
2012-06-15, 10:39 AM
You could also take the apprentice feat, I believe, to gain ride as a class skill.

Elhann
2012-06-15, 10:55 AM
Devoted Performer allows multi-classing between Bard and Paladin.

That feat is in complete adventurer, right? If so, that'd be perfect. Thanks a lot.

Waker
2012-06-15, 11:01 AM
That feat is in complete adventurer, right? If so, that'd be perfect. Thanks a lot.

Yes, the feat is in Complete Adventurer. On a related note, though not strictly raw, you could ask your DM if levels in the Harmonious Knight acf for Paladins would stack with Bard for the purpose of your Bardic Music.

kardar233
2012-06-15, 11:06 AM
Cityscape allows you to trade Ride for Tumble as a class skill; see if you can get your DM to allow you to do it the other way too?