PDA

View Full Version : Best Epic Feats for a Fighter?

Yorae
2012-06-15, 02:20 PM
So, imagine you have a straight fighter in epic levels - let's say about level 24. You have to keep that many levels of fighter, but anything else is eligible for change.

What would be the best epic feats to give that guy?

Not necessarily fighter bonus feats, but feats in general. Any Wizards or Paizo published sources are fine. The character does not need to stay in fighter for levels 25+, so lead ins that assume he will be taking levels in other class in the future are alright, too.

legomaster00156
2012-06-15, 02:29 PM
I like Epic Reflexes, giving you unlimited AoO's every round. I assume you're playing an Epic Fighter for the challenge?

Yorae
2012-06-15, 02:35 PM
I like Epic Reflexes, giving you unlimited AoO's every round. I assume you're playing an Epic Fighter for the challenge?

Just playing with build ideas in my head and was curious as to what one could do with not much in the way of class features.

With Epic Reflexes, presumably you'd need some way to take advantage of having unlimited AoOs.

For other stuff, perhaps Perfect TWF and/or Overpowering / Devastating Critical (Overpowering sucks horribly, but it's a prereq)?

Biffoniacus_Furiou
2012-06-15, 02:41 PM
I'm pretty sure there's a series of feats that can get you 9th level spell slots regardless of class, so get Epic Spellcasting.

Jarian
2012-06-15, 02:44 PM
Epic Leadership.

Yorae
2012-06-15, 02:46 PM
I'm pretty sure there's a series of feats that can get you 9th level spell slots regardless of class, so get Epic Spellcasting.

Wat.

I'd like to see that series of feats. o_O

Cespenar
2012-06-15, 02:52 PM
Exceptional Deflection + Infinite Deflection gives you total immunity against rays. Add Reflect Arrows for even more fun.

legomaster00156
2012-06-15, 02:54 PM
Just playing with build ideas in my head and was curious as to what one could do with not much in the way of class features.

With Epic Reflexes, presumably you'd need some way to take advantage of having unlimited AoOs.

For other stuff, perhaps Perfect TWF and/or Overpowering / Devastating Critical (Overpowering sucks horribly, but it's a prereq)?
Here. I've got a bunch of Epic Feats on this guy (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=353326).

Arcanist
2012-06-15, 03:01 PM
Epic Leadership.

I concur, by epic level the Fighter better be a god damn king! :smallamused: and I'm not talking about one of those kings that just sit around on there throne popin bottles I'm talkin about those Kings that runs around rippin Dragons wings off and beaten them to death with em :smallamused:

Our Fighter king shall have a name... and his name shall be... Psycho Dad :smallbiggrin:

Biffoniacus_Furiou
2012-06-15, 03:23 PM
Wat.

I'd like to see that series of feats. o_O

Just a little bit of google came up with this (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showpost.php?p=8753936&postcount=35):

Heighten Spell
Earth Sense
Earth Spell
Sanctum Spell
Improved Krau Sigil
Magical Training (Gives some 0 level spells and Caster level 1st)
Precocious Apprentice (Apply Improved Sigil to this spell)
Use items to boost CL to 4th (Including a custom UMD item if necessary)
In your Sanctum(which is in a suitably earthy environment) you can cast at least one 5th level spell.
Take Extra Slot, gaining a 4th level slot.
You have gained a new level of spells (6th with sanctum/earthspell) so you can choose to apply your IS-Krau to a different spell. Choose one of your cantrips.

You can now cast 7th level spells.
Take Extra Slot again, gaining a 6th level slot, and again for an 8th, and one more time for a 10th level slot.

That's 11 feats used. 10 more your choice. I recommend at least one Extra Spell (you can pick up to a ninth level spell), since you have no other mechanic for learning spells. Drakehelm would probably be a good item choice.

Note that if you're good/exalted you can cast Sanctified spells so you don't even need Extra Spell. You can get 9th level spell slots and thus Epic Spellcasting with feats and Illumian. Take Keeper of Forbidden Lore (FC1) to get Spellcraft as a class skill, and Knowledge Devotion or one of several others (http://brilliantgameologists.com/boards/index.php?topic=6832.0) for Kn: Arcana.

ericgrau
2012-06-15, 03:30 PM
Uncanny accuracy if you're ranged . Then you get a crazy high listen and/or spot check to find your foes. Then you don't miss, period. Combines well with a high attack bonus, which is easy to get via splatbooks pre-epic or infinitely stackable epic feats of which fighters get the most. Ranged gets better in epic since you can afford an expensive bow and expensive arrows, including bane arrows, to supply most of your damage.

Blinding speed is good for a specialized build to make you hasted inside an anti-magic field. Combines well with non-magical sources of damage and likewise a high attack bonus (see above). Legendary wrestler is good for AMF grappling, whether offensively or defensively (depending on what your DM likes to use). If you're saying "Wait, how do I get AMF on a fighter" then try either a wizard dip or cross-class UMD ranks and a staff. Or a custom item. With epic gp budgets fighters can have anything magical you want. Or use the tricks above.

Improved flyby attack is handy to hit and get away since most epic characters fly, especially with a high speed. Combines well with charger builds. It's not actually an epic feat but it's in the epic book.

Perfect Two Weapon Fighting and epic weapon financial issues (it's way better to get a second +10 equivalent weapon than to pay 10x for a +11), eliminate almost all the reasons why TWF is normally a problem. Pre-epic feats are another problem, but you have 17. Dual strike (Complete Warrior, I think) and two weapon rend takes it even farther.

whibla
2012-06-15, 04:41 PM
Not at all Epic, but assuming you're not fudging some levels of spell casting, then Mage Slayer (and possibly Pierce Magical Concealment) from the complete arcane would seem like a good choice.

Runestar
2012-06-15, 06:46 PM
Due the unlikelihood of your 4th attack hitting your foe with any modicum of accuracy, I question the usefulness of perfect TWF'ing.

You can try the armed deflection feat here.

http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=dnd/ei/20030215a

It's basically dodge arrows for fighters, paving the way for exceptional deflection.

Kazyan
2012-06-15, 07:33 PM
Due the unlikelihood of your 4th attack hitting your foe with any modicum of accuracy, I question the usefulness of perfect TWF'ing.

It's better if your DM says it doubles the extra attack from haste, etc.

Waker
2012-06-15, 07:40 PM
I'd say take Overpowering Attack (PHBII) to match with Epic Reflexes. You make one attack at double damage as a full attack, but any other attacks you make that round also are doubled. A reach weapon like Spiked Chain would be needed to take full advantage of the opportunities.

ericgrau
2012-06-15, 09:08 PM
I mixed up perfect TWF with something else. I thought it got rid of the -2. TWF and two weapon rend are still ok due to the cost of upgrading a single weapon to +11, but perfect TWF isn't.

tyckspoon
2012-06-15, 11:20 PM
Exceptional Deflection + Infinite Deflection is one of my favorite pairs for non-spellcasting-related feats. You can automatically bounce away any ranged attack, and you can do so an unlimited number of times per round. You're basically immune to non-melee attack rolls, and there's not much of anything anybody can do about it (assuming you were sensible enough to invest in Initiative and other ways of preventing yourself from being Flat-footed.) For extra fun, pick up Reflect Arrows to flip those projectiles back at their original owner (this may seem limited, considering you probably are going to be killed by something these abilities don't apply to.. but it'll be worth it when somebody tries to get smart and 'splode you with a Mailman Death Orb.)