PDA

View Full Version : Barbarian/Duskblade

Vladislav
2012-06-15, 02:44 PM
Quick question: is there any feat, PrC or ACF that allows a multiclassed Barbarian/Duskblade to cast spells while raging?

Namfuak
2012-06-15, 02:52 PM
Rage Mage, from Complete Warrior.

eggs
2012-06-15, 02:56 PM
Any chance Pathfinder is fair game? (http://www.d20pfsrd.com/classes/core-classes/barbarian/rage-powers/paizo---rage-powers/moment-of-clarity-ex)

Otherwise, Rage Mage is probably the best bet. But it's not a particularly good bet (it can be somewhat improved by giving Spell Rage an Extra Rage/Extra Smiting-type analog and only dipping a level).

The only other thing that comes to mind is a Champion of Gwynharwyff, using spell list expansions and CL boost to make its built-in spellcasting a bit more offensively threatening.

Vladislav
2012-06-15, 03:40 PM
Pathfinder is unfortunately not on the table. I'll look into Rage Mage and Champion of Gwynharwyff (that's BoED, right?), thanks for the tips.

eggs
2012-06-15, 06:56 PM
Champion of Gwynharwyff (that's BoED, right?)
Yeah. CoG can only cast its own spells in a race, but if it got any decent touch spells onto the CoG's list, it could still use them for Arcane Channeling.

EDIT:
Finding decent touch spells without sacrificing HD/BA is trickier than I thought, now that I'm looking at the Sovereign Speaker and Sandshaper's offerings. :/