PDA

View Full Version : [D&D 3.5/Pathfinder] My House Rules (PEACH)

Chainsaw Hobbit
2012-06-15, 07:56 PM
Here (https://docs.google.com/document/d/1pJAjuuV9TmXZg9dHPs2458TwUwuYU3xn8sMnle3nGdo/edit#) are the house rules I use for my home campaign. The format in which they are presented could certainly be improved upon, but there is potential there. Please tell me what you think.

:smallsmile:

Eldest
2012-06-16, 11:14 AM
It might help if you explain what the changes are for. I see no reason to make it so your attack bonus is far lower than usual. Also, you have a few spelling errors.

Chainsaw Hobbit
2012-06-16, 11:28 AM
It might help if you explain what the changes are for. I see no reason to make it so your attack bonus is far lower than usual. Also, you have a few spelling errors.

"Armour" is not a spelling error. I'm Canadian. I mostly wanted to curb attack bonus and AC, so lower level characters can still be a threat to higher level ones.

Shadow Lord
2012-06-16, 08:40 PM
You literally made the magic users better. You took away a huge part of martial characters advances, took away the commonness of magic items which allows mundanes to at least compete in some way. Exactly what is the purpose of this set of house rules; make the magic users even stronger compared to the mundanes?

TuggyNE
2012-06-17, 03:03 AM
I don't understand the meaning of "damage progression" at all. I also don't understand the purpose of cutting BAB and then adding an auto-kill minionizer rule.

The skill progression seems really odd.

The change to save DCs and saving throw progressions results in DCs that are higher by either 1 or 2 points, relative to their opponents' saves. Likewise, spell levels make no difference; color spray cast by a level 20 wizard is as hard to resist as dominate monster; touch of fatigue is as tricky to avoid as weird. Finally, the rarity of magical items is likely to penalize mundanes more than casters.

Eldest
2012-06-17, 11:33 AM
"Armour" is not a spelling error. I'm Canadian. I mostly wanted to curb attack bonus and AC, so lower level characters can still be a threat to higher level ones.

I actually meant things like "Modafier", "nagating", and "reletively". Just simple things that are minor misspellings, that are not the Canadian/American split.
I agree with everyone else so far, this does seem to benifit the magic-users.