PDA

View Full Version : Warforged - Healing?

Scarey Nerd
2012-06-16, 08:56 AM
I'm going to be a player in a 3.5e campaign soon, and I intend to play a Warforged Fighter. A friend of mine is also playing and wanted to play a Dwarf "Engineer" of some kind that found and activated me, and keeps me ship shape and Bristol fashion. However, he's unsure what class would suit that. What does the Playground suggest? My immediate thought was Artificer, but we probably won't actually be using experience in this campaign and instead gain a level a session, so it might not work fantastically.

Inferno
2012-06-16, 09:11 AM
The repair line of infusions are also spells on the sorc/wiz list.

Prime32
2012-06-16, 09:33 AM
Psion (shaper) works well, with the psionic repair damage power.

JeminiZero
2012-06-16, 09:47 AM
Warforged can be repaired by a 8 hr Craft check. This is meant for them to repair themselves while the rest of the party sleeps. But if the Dwarf can find someway of circumventing his need for sleep, he could stay up to repair you manually.

And of course, Warforged can also be repaired by standard healing magic, but less efficiently. Hence, if you have a DMM persist Mass Lesser Vigor cleric in your party (or something similiar like an undead shadow sun ninja), healing you shouldn't be a major concern, and he might conceivably just limit his "engineering" to the craft skill, and leave your repair to the dedicated healer.

Scarey Nerd
2012-06-16, 10:00 AM
Is there any indication in the books as to how much damage can be repaired with a craft check, or is it solely at the DM's discretion?

Volthawk
2012-06-16, 10:06 AM
Is there any indication in the books as to how much damage can be repaired with a craft check, or is it solely at the DM's discretion?

The result of the Craft check minus fifteen.

Scarey Nerd
2012-06-16, 10:08 AM
The result of the Craft check minus fifteen.

And would one be able to take 20 on such a check overnight?

Volthawk
2012-06-16, 10:14 AM
And would one be able to take 20 on such a check overnight?

You can only take 10 on it, not 20.

Scarey Nerd
2012-06-16, 10:15 AM
You can only take 10 on it, not 20.

Well, that's still good, thanks :smallsmile:

SSGoW
2012-06-16, 11:05 AM
Through feats or class levels a Crusader can heal a Warforged. The 1/2 healing only applies to Conjuration (Healing) spells. Not to be "that guy" but a Warforged Crusader or Warblade (the fighter's fighter) can be an awesome thing to play. You can even get a feat that heals you when you refresh your maneuvers, again this doesn't take the 1/2 penalty since it is not conjuration (healing). There is even a stance that can be used inside/outside of battle that heals 1 or 2 hp/hit, again not conjuration healing :D

Also a couple of the Vestiges a binder gets are ok at healing a warforged. Not great but having Fast Healing is nice.

Draz74
2012-06-16, 02:10 PM
Psion (shaper)

If Artificer is out, then this wins the thread.

moritheil
2012-06-16, 03:57 PM
Temporary hit points are also really good, whether you get them from spells, maneuvers, or items.