PDA

View Full Version : Nerukan (3.5, Monster)

RollynT.Glal
2012-06-16, 12:04 PM
Nerukan
Medium Outsider (Chaotic, Evil, Extraplanar)
Hit Dice: 4d8 + 4 (22 hp)
Initiative: +3
Speed: 30 ft Climb 30 ft
AC: 16 (+3 Dex, +3 Nat), touch 13, flat-footed 13
BAB/Grapple: +4/+10
Attacks: Tail Club +6 melee (1d10 +2) or 2 slams +6 melee (1d6 +3) and Bite +1 melee (1d4 +2)
Face/Reach: 5 ft/5 ft
Special Attacks: Gaze, Breath Weapon
Special Qualities: Darkvision 60 ft, Resist 5 Acid, Immunity to Poison
Saves: Fort +5, Ref +7, Will +4
Abilities: Str 15, Dex 16, Con 12, Int 6, Wis 11, Cha 12
Skills: Climb +14, Hide +7, Jump +6, Listen +4, Move Silently +7, Spot +4
Feats: Improved Init, Claws of the Beast
Climate: Any Chaotic Evil Plane
Organization: Solitary, Pair, or Band (3-5 and 1-2 Bar-lgura)
CR: ...? I dunno I was hoping for around 3-4
Treasure: None
Advancement: 5-6 (Medium), 7-14 (Large)

Two figures, which you previously thought were hanging chains covered in a dried gore, have begun to slide into the rafters. You look up and see a big ape-like creature with green reptilian skin. The beast lets out a chattering screech and its mouth, which seems just too large for the body, is filled with razor sharp teeth, and two forked tongues.
The beasts’ eyes, four eyes, one set directly over the other, are a dark green rimmed in alternating red and black. The beasts’ arms are massive, tensed with a ridiculous mass of muscle. Their tails, 3 feet long and each ending in a huge crushing bone, rise up behind their heads and swing down toward you.

Skills: Nerukans have a +8 racial bonus on Climb checks and can always choose to take 10 on Climb checks, even if rushed or threatened.
Breath Weapon (Su): 10-foot cone, once every 2d4 rounds, damage 2d6 chaotic, Reflex DC 13 half. The save DC is Constitution-based.
Gaze: Nerukans have two sets of eyes, one directly above the other. By using either the top or bottom set of eyes the nerukan can use a different gaze attack to plague its enemies.

Fear (Su): 30 ft ray, Frightened 1d4 rounds, Will DC 13 Shaken 1d4 rounds. The save DC is Charisma-based.

Blindness (Su): 30 ft ray, Blinded 1d4 rounds, Fort DC 13 Blinded 1 round. The save DC is Charisma-based

Debihuman
2012-06-17, 08:48 AM
Not bad. CR is probably around 2. Since most parties don't throw acid or use poison, those special abilities are kinda wasted since it doesn't use poison itself.

Having a gaze and breath weapon at 4 HD is a bit much. It's to challenge a 4th level party not overwhelm it.

What book is the feat Claws of the Beast from and what does it do? I'd want to check to see if its the best feat for this critter. The only "claws of the beast" that I can find is a psychic power and not a feat at all.

The improved initiative feat isn't reflected in the stat block. It should be Initiative +7.

Debby