PDA

View Full Version : Question about translating strips

Ciriola
2012-06-16, 02:55 PM
It's here possibile to make a site based on Rich Burlew work of The Order of the Stick translated to italian, keeping his own copyrights and the link to the original site?

Jarian
2012-06-16, 03:15 PM
While I can't offer legal advice on that, I would feel very strongly that the answer to making a new site and hosting translated comics would be no. Rich's stance on altering his IP is pretty clear-cut.

However, there are already threads for fan translations into other languages in the OOTS subforum, which seems to be the sort of thing you would be doing anyway. It might be worth looking into doing something like that for Italian translations.

Roland St. Jude
2012-06-16, 03:25 PM
Sheriff: No. Please do not do that. You can make a text-only translation and post it here on the forum. But making a separate site translating the Order of the Stick, with or without images is not permitted. Rich's copyrights (and other rights) give him the right to make (or approve) translations.

If you are a fan wanting to do this, I recommend that you do it in text form on this forum. I'm sure Rich would appreciate you not doing translations in any other form or place.