PDA

View Full Version : Help me gear my cleric

ngilop
2012-06-17, 02:51 PM
Hello everybody!!
After about a year our DM came back form his/her real-life attack state and restared a game and decided to bump us to level 6 and start with a brand new campaign

so now there I am with 13,000 gold and I have no idea what to spend it on LOL.

that is my bigest weakness when it comes to making higher level characters teh whole buy itmes instead fo earning items.

so i'll give my charaters outline and key feats

Extra turning
Quicken spell
DIvien Meta Magic

im a cleric of Nike and my domains are War and Glory

Now I don't want to be the MELEE cleric i want to be the Buff support and cna melee cleric

so items that allow me to fulfill that role would be nice

one item i WOUDL lvoe to have is one that allows me to cast Magic circle vs evil 3 times per day ( or even once a day) SO i can save my 3rd level spell slot for something else

and maybe a cure moderate wounds wand as i think im gonanbe the only healer

ngilop
2012-06-17, 03:31 PM
Please move this thread to the d20 forums.

I made a mistake and posted here in homebrew thinking that I was in the d20 forum.

ngilop
2012-06-17, 10:28 PM
also for this aiding in my gear selection. Magic Item compendium does not exist.

Little Brother
2012-06-17, 10:45 PM
{{scrubbed}}

Amoren
2012-06-18, 01:10 AM
I agree with the DMM: Persist buff role. Nothing is nicer than giving your group persisted Recitation, Righteous Wraith of the Faithful, and if you can afford it, the vigor line of spells for all the healing you could ever need (double points if you combine it with restful healing, or some such, a 24 hour long buff spell which doubles the health you heal over time).

Grail
2012-06-18, 01:35 AM
Get spiked gauntlets.

you need 1 hand free to cast spells with Somantic components, so if you equip a shield, you can't have a weapon out. But if you take spiked gauntlets, you can always be considered armed and shielded when casting, for a very small investment.

Even if you want to be a buffer, it's better to be armed when casting than not.

killianh
2012-06-18, 01:44 AM
http://brilliantgameologists.com/boards/index.php?topic=420.msg8435#msg8435 should help you find stuff you need