PDA

View Full Version : 4th Lv. Vampiric Dragonborn Raptoran Dragonblood Sorcerer (3.5 Charecter Build)

Annos
2012-06-17, 06:56 PM
This is my current D&D 3.5 Charecter, if anyone has any non-homebrew suggestions I would be delighted to see them posted.

Race
Dragonborn(Heart) Raptoran

Ability Scores
Base: 18 str 18 dex 12 con 18 int 16 wis and 18 cha
After Racial Adjustments 18 str 16 dex - con 18 int 16 wis and 20 cha

Class Levels
Vampire Spawn 1, Sorcerer 3

Feats/Traits/Flaws
Feats Endure sunlight, Dragon Tail, Draconic Heratige(Red), Draconic Claws, Multiattack
Traits Plucky, Nightsighted
Flaws Inattentive, Meager Fortitude

Possesions
Artisans Tools, Alchemy Lab, 5 Potions of Inflict Light Wounds, 30 Devilweed (optional), Dragonslaying Claws and Momento Magica 1st, Ring of Sustanence (optional)

Ranks
Concentration 7, Craft(Alchemy) 7, Craft(Trapmaking) 7, Knowledge(Arcane) 6, Knowledge(Dungeoneering) 3(optional, for a prestige class requiring 4 ranks), Spellcraft 7, Use Magic Device 7

Spells
0 lv. Spells: Detect Magic, Dissrupt Undead, Mage Hand, Ghost Sound, Open/Close, Read magic
1st lv. Spells: Create Trap, Power Word Pain, Blade of Blood, Magic Weapon

Annos
2012-06-17, 09:57 PM
Wow, nothing... even my reply's got reply's faster than this.

Invader
2012-06-17, 10:09 PM
You could be a lot more optimized as far as spell casting unless you're looking for some kind of hybrid where you're going to use your natural attacks. You could find a much better flaw than meager fortitude as well. A -3 to fort saves is rough for a caster.

NeoSeraphi
2012-06-17, 10:13 PM
Seems pretty terrible. First of all, Dragonborn of Bahamut can't be evil. Vampires must be evil. So I don't know how you're getting around that, but I'm already turning up my nose at the disregard of alignment restrictions.

Secondly, you don't have a Constitution score. So when you get to 5 HD and can fly for Con mod rounds per day...you can't fly. You won't get to fly until you get to 10 HD, and then yeah, you can fly around, but...until then you're getting absolutely nothing from your race. I don't know how long this game is going to last. If it's going to go to at least 13th level, then sure, raptoran all the way, but if it's not going past 8th, then I suggest you pick a different race.

Thirdly, you don't have a Constitution score. The Heart aspect breath weapon has a DC equal to 10+1/2 your character level+your Constitution modifier. It is important to note that undead do not have any special rule that lets them use their Charisma score in exchange for their Constitution score. (Only on Concentration checks). So your breath weapon's DC is going to be 12. That's it. Just 12. And it will cap at 20 when you reach 20 HD. Not a good use of your racial powers.

Use Magic Device is not a class skill for sorcerers. You can't have max ranks in it. Your max ranks in cross-class skills is (3+HD)/2. So for you, it'd be 3.5.

How do you have 5 feats as a fourth level character? With 2 flaws, that should only be 4 feats.

Spells look fine. Build is otherwise decent.

Invader
2012-06-17, 10:24 PM
I'd question how you managed to roll 4 18's for starting stats as well but I'm not the dm :smallbiggrin:

Kuulvheysoon
2012-06-17, 10:39 PM
How do you have 5 feats as a fourth level character? With 2 flaws, that should only be 4 feats.

Spells look fine. Build is otherwise decent.

Far as I can tell, he took the Dragonblood sorceror substitution level (qulaifying with Dragonborn), where he gets to sack his familiar for the Draconic Heritage feat.

Annos
2012-06-17, 10:46 PM
1st: thanks for the suggestions, I was considering droping the vampire thing anyway
2nd: I was trying for a spellcasting wolverine
3rd: ability scores where rerolled after I lost most of them due to 10 or so charecter changes(we haven't played in a while, didn't like old charecter)
4th: Dragonblood Sorcerer gives you Use Magic Devise at the cost of Craft and Proffesion
5th: Undead don't need Fortitude as much as will
6th: thanks for reply's
and 7th Ring of sustanence was so he didn't have to be an evil blood sucking demon and if he was a liberated Vampire Spawn he should beable to choose whatever alighnment he wants
(probebly going to reroll some of those ability scores)

Igneel
2012-06-17, 10:51 PM
Are you using something akin to Savage Species for the Vampire Spawn 'class'? From my knowledge, unless your doing that the Vampire Spawn (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/monsters/vampire.htm#vampireSpawn) template is a LA -, meaning non-applicable to player characters.

Besides that, largely everything that NeoSeraphi already mentioned.

Kuulvheysoon
2012-06-17, 11:04 PM
1st: thanks for the suggestions, I was considering droping the vampire thing anyway
2nd: I was trying for a spellcasting wolverine
3rd: ability scores where rerolled after I lost most of them due to 10 or so charecter changes(we haven't played in a while, didn't like old charecter)
4th: Dragonblood Sorcerer gives you Use Magic Devise at the cost of Craft and Proffesion
5th: Undead don't need Fortitude as much as will
6th: thanks for reply's
and 7th Ring of sustanence was so he didn't have to be an evil blood sucking demon and if he was a liberated Vampire Spawn he should beable to choose whatever alighnment he wants
(probebly going to reroll some of those ability scores)

2- A much better spellcasting Wolverine would probably be a Wizard/Totemist/Soulcaster (Magic of Incarnum).

4- Dragonblood sorceror only gives you UMD for the specific levels - it does not become a (general) class skill.

Annos
2012-06-17, 11:27 PM
2- A much better spellcasting Wolverine would probably be a Wizard/Totemist/Soulcaster (Magic of Incarnum).

4- Dragonblood sorceror only gives you UMD for the specific levels - it does not become a (general) class skill.

first I have claws due to being a sorcerer
2nd I have already decided to be a virant half dragon dragonborn (base race to be decieded)
3rd I got the vampire spawn level from Libris Mortis

Igneel
2012-06-17, 11:49 PM
Ah, so it is/was Savage Species-like monster class then.

Might I suggest (if you do plan on getting rid of Vampire Spawn), the Draconic template [Draconomicon]? Its a +1 LA (very good for a caster as you want all those levels for casting), +2 to Str, Con, & Cha, along with some claws. You'd still be considered Dragonblood (courtesy to Races of the Dragon defining dragonblood), and not take too big of a LA hit for Vampire Spawn or Half-dragon.

Another suggestion (albeit can get quite cheesy if you try, and sometimes frowned on) is the Dragonwrought Kobold route using the two rituals they have defined both in the Races of the Dragon book and on the Wizards site to get additional 'virtual' Sorcerer levels along with a max +3 to all mental stats without the penalty to physical. There are other tricks, but that would be getting too cheesy for some Dm's.

Annos
2012-06-17, 11:54 PM
I've decided to go all the way and use the Virant Half-Dragon, thats two breath wepeons

Kuulvheysoon
2012-06-18, 12:31 AM
Ah, so it is/was Savage Species-like monster class then.

Might I suggest (if you do plan on getting rid of Vampire Spawn), the Draconic template [Draconomicon]? Its a +1 LA (very good for a caster as you want all those levels for casting), +2 to Str, Con, & Cha, along with some claws. You'd still be considered Dragonblood (courtesy to Races of the Dragon defining dragonblood), and not take too big of a LA hit for Vampire Spawn or Half-dragon.

Another suggestion (albeit can get quite cheesy if you try, and sometimes frowned on) is the Dragonwrought Kobold route using the two rituals they have defined both in the Races of the Dragon book and on the Wizards site to get additional 'virtual' Sorcerer levels along with a max +3 to all mental stats without the penalty to physical. There are other tricks, but that would be getting too cheesy for some Dm's.

Draconic was updated in Races of the Dragon, page 74/75.

Don't forget the Slight Build kobold - not only does it get that, but it gets natural claw weapons as well.

Annos, out of curiosity, which half-dragon did you decide to go with? Fang seems an excellent fit flavour-wise if nothing else.

Igneel
2012-06-18, 12:35 AM
Draconic was updated in Races of the Dragon, page 74/75.

Don't forget the Slight Build kobold - not only does it get that, but it gets natural claw weapons as well.

Annos, out of curiosity, which half-dragon did you decide to go with? Fang seems an excellent fit flavour-wise if nothing else.

Literally nothing changed besides the addition of Dragonblood subtype.

Slight of Build and Claws are always welcomed additions for Kobolds.

Annos
2012-06-18, 12:52 AM
I'm thinking of gold, but fang would worck too

Annos
2012-06-18, 12:54 AM
actually fang doesn't look so good... I could be a shadow and have a grudge

Annos
2012-06-18, 12:58 AM
might stick with draconic for now, more class levels... why are their so many desicions:smallfurious: