PDA

View Full Version : favorite/iconic prestige classes

Techsmart
2012-06-17, 08:18 PM
Background:
My dnd group has started running almost entirely e6 campaigns. We really like the gameplay, but one thing does seem lacking. Prestige classes add a lot of flavor to a character that might otherwise not be there, and I was thinking of introducing "prestige feats" to our table. Much like capstone feats, they will be restricted to 6th level characters. Each character can only take one base prestige feat (each base goes into its own tree of feats). An example of a prestige feat and its subsequent feats would be recreating the assassin class. The base feat would have similar skill/alignment requirements, and would give death attack. a subsequent feat may increase sneak attack by +1d6, or give hide in plain sight. Once on the assassin prestige feat, this path is set in stone.

I'm not sure if this type of system has been done before, but I think it would offer a lot more flavorful options to players when creating an e6 characters. In order for me to do this, I would like to find out what peoples' favorite prestige classes are, and what they think are some of the more iconic prestige classes.

TL,DR: What are your favorite prestige classes, and what do you think are some of the most iconic d&d prestige classes.

If you could include the book the class came from, I would appreciate it. I can look it up, but it's faster if I already know where to start

Thank you:smalltongue:

Mithril Leaf
2012-06-17, 09:16 PM
The Anarchic Initiate for Psions certainly. You get to keep your sleek psion abilities and leach some of the fun that wilders have. Good all around.

Amphetryon
2012-06-17, 09:51 PM
Rage Mage (Complete Warrior) is a fairly popular "iconic" choice that can largely be emulated in e6 with a homebrew "Rage Casting" Feat of some sort.