PDA

View Full Version : Dragoon (Prestige Class, 3.5)

Surgo
2012-06-17, 08:39 PM
The Dragoon (http://www.dnd-wiki.org/wiki/Dragoon,_Variant_(3.5e_Prestige_Class)).

This came out of a prestige class made by a friend of mine, that I thought was 5 levels too long and went in too many different directions. My goal was to make a prestige class that would:

Do enough damage to be competitive with the higher tiers/balance points.
Do it in a fun and interesting way, with something that isn't often seen in D&D.
Avoid overloading the class with too many features outside the core competency.

I think I succeeded, but I'd like to know what you all think. I initially stuck to point 3 perhaps too hard, and received the criticism that they should at least get *something* fun out of combat. I attempted to address that criticism with the level 4 ability Property Damage. Some said that they thought he wasn't good enough to be at Very High (aka Wizard) balance, but I don't think the scale has shifted *that* far yet.

So, yeah. Let me know what you think.

toapat
2012-06-17, 08:58 PM
3 things:

1: Killer Jump is unreadable. Ok, you deal falling damage to your opponent and can only use it every four rounds.
2: Needs an ability to turn the jump into a method of travel, prefferably by targetting large fluffy evil wizards
3: Does not mistake Parrots and Dragons.

DiBastet
2012-06-17, 11:26 PM
Posting the class HERE instead of on an outside site would make many more people read it, you know.