PDA

View Full Version : Fifth Level Pun-Pun: Does it Really Work?

VGLordR2
2012-06-17, 10:35 PM
Hey, guys. I'm sure that many of you have heard of the level five version of Pun-Pun. Basically, it uses the Mulhorandi Divine Minion template (which grants Wildshape) to qualify for the Master of Many Forms prestige class. Anyways, I was looking at the MoMF prerequisites, and I saw something interesting. To qualify for the class, you must have Wildshape as a class feature. Pun-Pun relies on making the Wildshape prerequisite through the Divine Minion template. This would mean that it is not a class feature, right? Am I missing something?

The Divine Minion can be found here (http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=dnd/mb/20050209a).

Turok124
2012-06-17, 10:54 PM
when i presented the level 5 versio, i actually made it open ended about whether it's truly legit or not.

i simply said that IF you count Divine Minion "fast wild shape" to qualify for MoMF, THEN you can get it down to level 5 (the previous idea was level 9 with a wildshaping ranger/MoMF).

i honestly could see the argument either way...not like i'd actually TRY it :p

moritheil
2012-06-18, 02:23 AM
i honestly could see the argument either way...not like i'd actually TRY it :p

I had someone submit a sheet for a high Op game full of arbitrary stats (99 str), extra bonus feats, etc. When asked why, the player responded that his backstory was that the character was the former adventuring buddy of Pun Pun.

Guess who didn't make the cut for that game? :smallwink:

TuggyNE
2012-06-18, 04:55 AM
I had someone submit a sheet for a high Op game full of arbitrary stats (99 str), extra bonus feats, etc. When asked why, the player responded that his backstory was that the character was the former adventuring buddy of Pun Pun.

Guess who didn't make the cut for that game? :smallwink:

*blinks several times*

I feel that this should go into Funny D&D Stories, DMing horror stories, or some such thread. That is ... really impressively terribad.

Ninja PieKing
2012-06-18, 08:01 AM
I thought that someone got it down to level one with maxed knoledge planes and a couple candles of invocation

VGLordR2
2012-06-18, 09:31 AM
I thought that someone got it down to level one with maxed knoledge planes and a couple candles of invocation

Yes, that is the quickest method. However, before it was discovered, Pun-Pun was achieved through Divine Minion 1/ Wizard 1/ Master of Many Forms 3.

Urpriest
2012-06-18, 09:52 AM
Most of the "as a class feature" abilities are somewhat dubious. There are a variety of arguments of varying rules-legality that those words don't prohibit abilities gained through race (I'm partial to the "Player's Handbook is the primary source for class features, it says Wild Shape is a class feature, so no matter how it's gained it's still a class feature" argument). But yes, most such arguments are dubious.

Hand_of_Vecna
2012-06-18, 10:51 AM

Ya, but lvl 1 Pun-Pun is just silly (relative term of course). It no longer requires any real system mastery to work and depends on a god being a slave to it's fluff. Sorry, level 1 Kobold Soul; not worth big P's time.