PDA

View Full Version : Where's the size information?

Theroc
2012-06-17, 10:59 PM
Very simple question, I think, but I can't figure it out myself at the moment.

What book has the descriptions of size categories in a less mechanical standpoint?

For example: Medium ranges from 4'-8' tall, and weighs between 75 and 250 lbs, or something like that?

I could have sworn I'd seen something like it to give one an idea the sheer size of the categories in D&D, but I didn't catch it in the MM or the DMG. Did I miss it?

TuggyNE
2012-06-17, 11:59 PM
Very simple question, I think, but I can't figure it out myself at the moment.

What book has the descriptions of size categories in a less mechanical standpoint?

For example: Medium ranges from 4'-8' tall, and weighs between 75 and 250 lbs, or something like that?

I could have sworn I'd seen something like it to give one an idea the sheer size of the categories in D&D, but I didn't catch it in the MM or the DMG. Did I miss it?

Does Big and Little Creatures in Combat (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/combat/movementPositionAndDistance.htm#bigandLittleCreatu resInCombat) help any?

Kudaku
2012-06-18, 02:04 AM
The 3.5 rules are in the player's handbook - I want to say chapter 8, but I'm not quite sure - haven't played 3.5 in some time so the details are a little hazy.

I've actually struggled a bit to find this information in Pathfinder. I find size alteration and monster advancement rules spread around the rule system, but I've yet to find a section that specifically explains the difference between size categories and how they measure up.

Knaight
2012-06-18, 02:49 AM
It's listed in the PHB, in the combat section, counter-intuitively enough.

Theroc
2012-06-18, 12:04 PM
Thanks guys, that's exactly what I was looking for. I knew I'd seen it, just couldn't find it when I wanted it, lol.