PDA

View Full Version : Help me build a defensive/healer/anti-undead OA shaman..

animewatcha
2012-06-17, 11:11 PM
Please read whole thing. Especially, the restrictions. I know that stuff like DMMing persisting vigor and such. However, the DMs I am with don't like 'shenanigan-heavy' stuff like that or things like wizard-20-gate-solar-sterfs. You get the idea. The combats that I have been in those games, they were done in a way that casting something like cure serious wounds actually mattered and might save someone's rear. That said, tactical healing ( like Darts of life + imbued healng - healing domain for 'free' temp hitpoints ) won't be minded and I was hoping to be doing. Basically, I want the character to be a somewhat defensive ( buff - dispel magic - cure paralysis - etc. ) , somewhat healing ( cure wounds series, heal, darts of life, etc. ) and anti-undead ( radiant servant of X ).

Ability scores: Homebrewed.

Restrictions: No evil anything. No exalted feats. No incarnum. No ToB. No DMM ( or atleast please assume no cause I was hoping to find way to get chain spell via item or something to DMM chain and DM convincing ). LA 0 or special consider. No lesser any race.

Allowed: Drag mags and drag comp. WOTC books and supplements like comp divine, weapons of legacy, etc. No 3rd party like Monte Cook's AE.

Prestiging: Cloistered cleric 1 / OA shaman 5 / Radiant Servant X / Y-prestige class.

Pre-determined domains: Sun, Healing, Pride.

Alignment: NG or LG ( see below ).

Deity: Aside from pelor, what is a LG deity with Sun and/or Healing domain. This mainly being for prestige paladin question ( see below ).

What is good point after 2nd to stop Radiant servant or go all the way? What is good prestige class to go for with full casting and turning after Radiant.

Loss of caster levels: I understand loss of caster levels. Am okay with losing of one or two.

Prestige paladin. Does divine grace stack with OA shaman's similar ability for CHA twice to saves?

Race: Illumian with word combo of swift action sacrifice spell slot for bonus to turn attempts and turning damage. Or am tempted to eat up the 20% xp multiclass penalty and LA of 1 for death-touched race.

Templates: ones with LA of 0 that add to wisdom or charisma. Spark template is tempting if decide death-touched.

Spell choice: Am still having to go through the shaman list and disclude spirit-based spells. Spell comp suggests both cleric and druid ( but not every spell available but buff/heal/anti-undead should be limiting enough ). What spells of each level are good for these.

Starting level: I am assuming starting ECL is 9 or 10.

Feats: Assuming 2 flaws. No traits. Auto-turning, Mercantile background if illumian. If no regional, then persistent refusal. Extra turning. Sacred healing comp div version since fast healing was used in the past. Empower turning. What are good ones after this?

TU pools: Rebuke dragon ( cloistered ), Turn undead ( OA shaman ).

Equipment: Since sacred increases effective turn level by 2. Will 2 shields with this enhancement stack on the turn bonus?

I know about Divine spark. I know about nightsticks ( only one ). I know about cloak of charisma and circlet of persuasion. I know about the neck piece that gives extra turn attempt via reqs. I also know about phil of turn undead. Besides scrolls of fix-baneful-polymorph-penis and the like, what other good equipment is there?

Spell Choice: What are good buffs, healers, status fixers, crowd control fixers. Etc.

Also, one of the drag mags mentioned giving up domain's power and picking up improved power. If healing domain was my only domain, would that mean that I can give up healing domain power and pick up the 'heal at range' ability?

Also, the various Domain powers that are 'per cleric level'. Do levels in classes like Radiant servant figure into that or no?

This type of thing is meant as an 'introduction' for me into spellcasting classes and such.