PDA

View Full Version : Powered by ability Damage: Naberius exploits

Fyermind
2012-06-18, 11:21 PM
I'd like to compile a list of effects the Naberius makes awesome because the abilities relied on dealing ability damage to cap their usage.

Hellfire warlock: boosts eldritch blast for 1 point of con damage

Evil/vile only:
Dark Speech: several abilities dealing 1d4 damage to cha/con
Dark whispers: take a point of con damage to drive people crazy
Filthy outburst: 1d6 con damage to deafen creatures and give them a saves penalty

Exalted only:
Stigmata: take con damage to heal allies. It looks like you can't heal it back for an hour, so naberius doesn't help much here.

I'm sure I am missing lots of fun abilities I saw once and went "Eww ability damage to me? no thanks." At any rate I now want to play a vile binder going ur-priest

edit:
fixed hellfire warlock
The previous thread on this from brilliant gameologists is here: http://brilliantgameologists.com/boards/index.php?topic=4124.0

Little Brother
2012-06-18, 11:27 PM
Festering Anger does Con(?) damage and gives you stupid amounts of strength for free.

Dusk Eclipse
2012-06-18, 11:29 PM
There was a thread dealing with exactly this at the old BG boards called Something like "Sacking your stats for fun and profit, Abusing Naberious". I would link; but I can't do that from my phone. A quick google search should find it quite easilly.

Oh and for the record, despite the name Hellfire doesn't have an alignment restriction so even an exalted character is able to use it.

Jeff the Green
2012-06-19, 05:33 AM
There's all the Sanctified and Corrupt spells with sacrifice or corruption components.

eggs
2012-06-19, 09:43 AM
Psychofeedback. Ability burn is defined as a subset of ability damage.

Add the nature of Naberius's healing (phrased as an accelerated natural healing, rather than a magical effect) and Anima Psions get an extra nifty trick or two.

Psyren
2012-06-19, 12:00 PM
Add the nature of Naberius's healing (phrased as an accelerated natural healing, rather than a magical effect) and Anima Psions get an extra nifty trick or two.

However it is phrased, all Binder abilities are supernatural; that includes Naberius' ability, and therefore it can't cure ability burn.

Kaje
2012-06-19, 07:27 PM
I like to stick Naberius on a Spelldancer. Ideally a warforged. Dance yourself buff every morning at no cost at all. Or just play a necropolitan.

sonofzeal
2012-06-19, 07:32 PM
There was a thread dealing with exactly this at the old BG boards called Something like "Sacking your stats for fun and profit, Abusing Naberious". I would link; but I can't do that from my phone. A quick google search should find it quite easilly.

Oh and for the record, despite the name Hellfire doesn't have an alignment restriction so even an exalted character is able to use it.
I remember that thread! Actually, wasn't it an import from all the way back to the WotC boards?

Anyway, here's the link I found (http://brilliantgameologists.com/boards/index.php?topic=4124.0).

Dusk Eclipse
2012-06-19, 08:04 PM
No idea really, I used to lurk a lot on BG so I remember the thread; but I never went much in the wizads forum (in fact I remember starting browsing forums just before the downtime during the change to 4e).