PDA

View Full Version : Ad Effectivenes

Human Paragon 3
2012-06-19, 02:51 PM
So the forum advertising has been going on for a good long while now. I'm wondering, who here has used it, and has it been effective? Did you get a good click rate? Conversion rate? Do you feel it was a good investment for your money?

I ask (as you may have guessed) because I am considering buying an ad. My product is an independent RPG.

Roland St. Jude
2012-06-19, 04:32 PM
Sheriff: I would caution responders to feel free to discuss their experiences as advertisers, but refrain from discussing the ads/Project Wonderful from The Giant's side of things. The latter type of discussion will result in a locked thread.

Elemental
2012-06-19, 08:29 PM
Well... I can't talk from the perspective of someone who purchased an ad...
But because of them, I now read four extra webcomics. No, make that five.

Comrade
2012-06-19, 09:19 PM
It introduced me to a pretty great webcomic, and from time to an ad does catch my attention though I don't usually click them. But hey, I did get an awesome webcomic out of it, so I'd say it can certainly be effective.

Kumori
2012-06-19, 09:50 PM
I'm in the same boat as Comrade and Elemental, in that I've found a new comic or two from the ads, so they do have some effectiveness at the very least.

Douglas
2012-06-19, 10:08 PM
I've added 3 or 4 webcomics to my regular list because of the ads here, and I believe those webcomics gained quite substantial quantities of new readers because of those ads.

I don't think I've ever responded to actual product advertisements here, but it's possible I might. It's certainly a heck of a lot more likely than almost any other internet ad I've ever come across - this site's ads are much more likely to involve my interests than ads I encounter elsewhere. I still don't click on the ads most of the time, but because I know how much more likely they are to be relevant to me I don't automatically ignore them like I do most ads.

LoneStarNorth
2012-06-20, 12:25 AM
I've paid for ads here, and it was well worth it. If you have something to advertise that fits the forum's demographic, you should definitely get your money's worth. A new RPG would be perfect.

Tyndmyr
2012-06-20, 02:52 PM
I read an additional webcomic because of the ads. In addition, I've purchased several things via kickstarter because of ads. I've also seen some ads make rounds many times, so it would appear that the advertisers are satisfied with the results.

All in all, I'd say they appear fairly effective.