PDA

View Full Version : Broken Men IC

Pages : [1] 2

Ballista
2012-06-19, 02:57 PM
Your eyes open for a split second, yet all you see is darkness. Your eyes blink groggily, each time more and more destruction slide into your view. The sky is alight with fire, raining down all around you. The silhouette of a ship burns across the horizon, molten slag and debris break off the ship as it plummets into the dirt of the planet under your feet.

http://animanachronism.files.wordpress.com/2009/02/mlink-leaningtower.jpg?w=500

The wreckage, like all things must fall, and fall it does...

You see a bright light flash out in the distance, contrasting the dark skies above. In the fiery illumination, you see a vast desert spreads out before you, all you see is desiccation and death. No creatures seem to stir from the intrusion of the wreckage; the world is holding it's breath, suffocating itself in its gloom.

A derelect shuttle lays next to you, its cockpit plowed into the ground. Smoke billows from it's engines and a gaping hole has been ripped into its cargo bay, spilling out the bodies of its inhabitants. Some of these bodies move, yet the majority remain in death's icy grips.

These are dark times indeed...

The passengers aboard the shuttle take 10 damage from the crash...

{table=head]Player|Character|Class|Species
Down Comforter|Taren Rush (https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AhypRwkFYozddFl1T2xIN01vbkNvYUdScG9EeXRCc UE#gid=3)|Noble|Miraluka
SoullessGinger|Aidan Corr (http://plothook.net/RPG/profiler/view.php?id=10825)|Soldier|Human
thechosen2nd|Krish Kareen (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=412965)|Scout/Soldier|Cathar
Drugged dwarf|Asha Zainadal (https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0Ai7jEhmXOkradDg2M1Y5enk3aldfUktWRnNBUmlSe VE#gid=3)|Soldier/Scoundrel|Khil
kind_of_a_ROBOT|Ren Axton (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=413206)|Soldier/Jedi|Human
The-Mage-King|Igniv Pencron (http://plothook.net/RPG/profiler/view.php?id=10826)|Scoundrel/Jedi|Human
Felhammer|Wwrcahwowhwa (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=414484)|Jedi/Soldier|Wookie[/table]

SoullessGinger
2012-06-19, 04:26 PM
Aidan gets to his feet and checks himself for injuries. He must have hit his head, because this place is all strange to him. The smoking shuttle registers and he starts moving the injured away from it as quickly as he can.

(OOC: Does Aidan have his gear? If not, locating it is his second priority.)

Down Comforter
2012-06-19, 04:27 PM
Confused and battered, Taren immediately reaches out with the force in an attempt to find anyone still breathing in and around the wreck.

Use the Force (Sense Surroundings):
[roll0]
(Ignores penalties to Perception from cover and concealment, and are considered to have Darkvision. DC of Use the Force checks to Sense Surroundings is unaffected by total cover)

kind_of_a_ROBOT
2012-06-19, 05:09 PM
Ren touches his forehead gingerly, fingers coming away sticky and red, though the cut does't seem terrible. He sits up groggily, and looks around at the devastation that surrounds him. He tries to quiet his reeling mind, and put the pieces back together as he struggles to his feet. Seeing others moving about the wreckage he calls out. "Hey! Over here!", glancing around at the bodies that surround the crashed shuttle he adds, "I'm still alive!"

Moving toward the other two figures, he looks around for any clues that might jog his memory.

[General perception check]
[roll0]

Drugged dwarf
2012-06-19, 05:31 PM
Red skies and golden lights.

That was all Asha had ever been able to remember from the family trip to Nar Shadaa. She had been, what, 6? 7? It was forgivable that a child, even a Khil, would not be able to recall the events of that day.

Yet there she was, holding her mother's hand, giggling at Slussians and wondering how they ate without tentacles on their face. Her mother looked, free. Joyous. Nothing like the tough, strong military expert that she had grown up with. Hell, it she wasn't so hazy, she would have sworn her mother was wearing a long frilly dress.

They stopped by stores, browsing gingerly at toys for kids - something Asha definately did not remember ever getting - and she recalled her mother's hand, leaning down to cup her head with a smile. She leaned down to Asha's ear, and whispered something. Something important. Something she needed to remember right now.

Definately not something in binary.

Her eyes flashed open, a giant gasp of air, followed by furious coughing, and a desperate shove to push a body off her legs. She crawled out of the shuttle in the midst of a powerful coughing fit, and fell flat on her back, her suit's diagnostics slowly reminding her that she should seek medical attention, and soon.

She managed to lean to her side, rising up to her elbows from the dusty ground, managing a small "Help... please" between breaths.

Down Comforter
2012-06-19, 05:52 PM
Sensing first, and then seeing Asha stumble out of the wreck. Taren quickly limps over to her, his normally pristine uniform in tatters. He drops at her side, and glances over her, searching for any possible injuries.

Perception
[roll0]
(or) Treat Injury
[roll1]

"Take it easy now, it seems we've had a bit of an incident. Try not to move too much until I make sure you're alright." Talen quickly explains to the Khil. He keeps his focus on her as he asks, "What's your name?"

Drugged dwarf
2012-06-19, 06:05 PM
She gasped, looking up at the form of the man who had rushed to her side. Words tried to connect from her head to her mouth, but a sharp pain cutting through her right abdomen turned it into a desperate yelp of angish.

Asha looked down, her breathing now heavy with the coughing subsiding, and saw her blood starting to seep from her lower right side.

"Think I... Think I hit something pretty bad...."

Asha grits, her facial tentacles starting to contract, seemingly to keep her from screaming. A moment later, she speaks again.

"Metal duke. Possibly from the crash. Not so deep. Got a medpac. On Utility Belt. Take the metal out, then stab me with it. It's for the... Pain."

thechosen2nd
2012-06-19, 06:09 PM
Ignoring the pain emanating throughout his body, Krish calmly gathers himself and walks over to the small group of injured beings already a safe distance from the ship. As he lays down his medical kit in the hot sand, he makes a cursory assessment of the poor souls in front of him, and frowns. Krish strides over to the destroyed shuttle and aids the soldier dragging the injured away from the wreck.

as they set down a moaning human suffering copious blood loss, he murmurs to the soldier,
"I only have three medpacs...and two hands. We are going to have to prioritize...

He turns back to the wreakage, knowing the first priority in this situation is to get everyone outside of the potential blast zone of the smoking shuttle. His attantion is grabbed by a Miraluka squatting over a badly injured Khil, and he strides quickly but calmly towards them.

Down Comforter
2012-06-19, 06:14 PM
Noticing the approaching Cathar and his kit, Taren raises his voice to him, "We are going to need some medical attention over here."

Tarn seeks to make the Khil more comfortable and attempts to telepathically pass calm emotions towards her.

UtF (Telepathy)
Just need a 15...
[roll0]

Drugged dwarf
2012-06-19, 06:23 PM
"Hey, I can do it myself. You don't need to - UUUNNNG"

She grimaces, the tentacles now in a tight bunch on her neck, her face a washboard of suffering. I've already cried out once, she thought. That was one too many.

Strangely, an odd feeling started to wash over her, the feeling of stillness to her rather frantic mind. She seemed more focused. More aligned. More... here.

Asha looked up at the man before her, and cocked her head. "Either you shot me full of that medpac while I wasn't looking, or I really shoudn't have had that ration pack for lunch yesterday. Is it.. yesterday? What day is it? Where are we?"

thechosen2nd
2012-06-19, 06:37 PM
Immediately recognizing the pain the young Khil was enduring, Krish took pity and let his instincts take over as he rushes to the side of the injured girl.

(OOC: I'm going to take 10, since we don't seem to be in any immediate danger, and I'm additionally going to take the liberty of saying that you, Taren, are taking 10 to your own treat injury check to aid my treat injury check giving me +2. that makes a total of 10+13+2=25. Asha, you'll gain 13 hp. no idea how many you lost, or if this is all theoretical or whatever. anyway...
Edit: btw, this is using your medkit on your utility belt Asha, as I left all my gear by the others.)

Taking his time to find the source of the bleeding, and calmy directing the Miralukan in helping him turn the girl over, Krish patches up the wound. +13 hp to Asha.

There. That should help some. Right now, we need to get you away from this wreck- it might not be safe. Let me get the stretcher out of my medical kit."

The-Mage-King
2012-06-19, 06:45 PM
Pulling himself up, Igniv looks around the crash site, trying to get a feel for the location.

"Hm. No clue on where. Probably a sith held world." He says, catching the question Asha asked.

"The important thing is 'How do we get off of here?', though. I, for one, have no desire to be stuck in the middle of nowhere for too long."

Use the Force to be hidden: [roll0]

UtF to sense surroundings: [roll1]

Perception to view surroundings: [roll2]

Down Comforter
2012-06-19, 06:52 PM
Content that the girl will be alright, Taren stands stiffly and seeks makes account of himself and his possessions.

Drugged dwarf
2012-06-19, 06:56 PM
"Get off me..." she cries, pushing both men away from here, as she slowly forces herself to sit up, then kneel, then - while leaning on the mirkulan's shoulder, to stand.

"We just hard-crashed into the middle of nowhere on some backwater planet. And like the guy over there said, we need to establish communication with something. Anything. At all. And I don't have time to be lying in a stretcher!"

Ballista
2012-06-19, 07:01 PM
You notice that you have crashed onto a low plateau, at least the pilot managed to get you to a safe position. The desert stretches before you, vast and empty; tall, dry plants dot the expanse.

@Ren:
A pale blue light shines from within the cockpit. It seems that the shuttle still has power, and its instruments may still be functional.

@Taren:
The familiar weight of your equipment helps to lay your mind at ease.

Behind you, the sun rises over the horizon. The dark red ball inches its way into the sky, it's warming rays cover the land. Yet the light soon turns from a glowing warmth to an almost scalding heat.
The sun reveals a new entity, a rather large planetoid seems to obstruct a small portion of the sky.
http://www.all-hd-wallpapers.com/wallpapers/space/mici/315038.jpg

Down Comforter
2012-06-19, 07:13 PM
As Taren quickly checks his weapons for damage, he absent-mindedly pats his bag. "If need be, I have a sensor pack that should be able to pick up local comm traffic."

The beating heat prompts Taren to don his all-temperature cloak. "We should also see about reaching some cover."

thechosen2nd
2012-06-19, 07:24 PM
Taken aback by the sudden vigor of the Khil, Krish takes a step back to give her space. He heaves a sigh, while finally taking the chance to fully take in his surroundings for the first time.

Perception to view surroundings: [roll0]
Survival to determine what direction we should most likely head to reach settlement: [roll1]
knowledge life sciences to learn about planet: [roll2]

kind_of_a_ROBOT
2012-06-19, 07:28 PM
Ren makes note of the flickering instruments in the wreckage, and approaches the group of other survivors. Looking over the situation, especially the Khil woman, "is everyone alright, here?

Drugged dwarf
2012-06-19, 07:34 PM
She takes a few deep breaths, lip bitten to keep the dullness down. The odd feeling of stillness was fast fading, but it was the memory of calm that she was more focused on. There was work to be done.

Taking the moment to reach into her medpac to apply a quick stim, she slowly limped herself over to the Miralukan, gesturing for him to hand over the sensor pack.

"Alright. I am alright now" she stated, to pretty much all the eyes on her. Memories of her time served in charge came out, and it took a lot of willpower not to show a fear of being judged. "I've got myself a took kit in my pack over there, along with a medical kit. See if you guys can't tend to some of the other injured people. See if anyone's alive. I'll run this baby. Try and get help. Someone must be left up there, right?"

The-Mage-King
2012-06-19, 07:38 PM
"Right." Igniv says as the sun rises. "You, blondie. Anything in the shuttle still work?"

Then, he slips into Miralukese, speaking to Taren.

"Use it. If we can find out the comm traffics, I have a long-range 'link. If they're friendly, I can call them in. If they're not, well, that's something we need to know too."

SoullessGinger
2012-06-19, 07:49 PM
Once the survivors are seen to, Aidan scans the nearby area.

(integrated electrobinoculars, reduces range penalty to -1)
Perception [roll0]

"Anyone know what we're doing out here? I seem to have hit my head."

If there is nothing in the immediate area, he'll help try to get info or supplies from the shuttle. First making sure it's not about to explode.

Mechanics [roll1]

Ballista
2012-06-19, 08:28 PM
@Aidan
Noting the direction of the sun, you can see that the crashed Damocles is approximately 10 clicks to the South (relevant to the assumed standard revolution of the planet). The ship protrudes from the ground at a relatively low angle, its bow has sunk deep into the sand of the desert.
The engines, though in utter direpair, are almost certainly stable. The fuel storage was cracked however, leaking a viscous clear fluid onto the surrounding area.

@Krish
The planet is strange to you, it's featureless terrain does little to help to identify itself.
The desert spans for a huge distance in all directions; though as you look about, a flock of migrant birds catches your eyes. They seem to be heading towards a large mountain range to the Southwest.

The sensor pack jumps to life, it's radar dishes move about, attempting to focus on any comm traffic in the area.
The readout displays:
No communications found within area.
Life forms detected at 0.93 Kilometers SSW

Down Comforter
2012-06-19, 08:32 PM
Taren digs into his bag and hands the sensor pack off to the Khil. He draws his own set of electrobinoculars and scans the horizon for any signs of life or other possible wrecks.

Perception
[roll0]

He responds in Miralukese. "I'll let this one handle it. She needs something to concentrate on. What is your name, kin?"

kind_of_a_ROBOT
2012-06-19, 08:38 PM
Ren looks at Igniv coldly, clearly not appreciating 'blondie,' "It looks parts of the instrument pannel are still functioning, maybe we can use them to find out where we are? He steps out from the shadow of the wreckage and scans the horizon, "The sooner, the better, probably.

SoullessGinger
2012-06-19, 08:41 PM
Ren looks at Igniv coldly, clearly not appreciating 'blondie,' "It looks parts of the instrument pannel are still functioning, maybe we can use them to find out where we are? He steps out from the shadow of the wreckage and scans the horizon, "The sooner, the better, probably.

"If you'll handle that, I'll see what supplies we have."

Aidan points out the fuel leak, "It looks stable enough for now, but I wouldn't count on it staying that way."

Aidan searches for supplies, dragging anything valuable away from the shuttle.

Ballista
2012-06-19, 08:47 PM
@Aidan
You find only a few basic survival tools buried in the debris of the small cargo hold. They all are stored in an average sized metal container.

Ration Pack (5)
Chain (10 meters)
Medpac (1)
Aqua breather (2)
Breath mask (1)
Glow rod (5)
Energy Cells (3)

Also, roll a perception check...

SoullessGinger
2012-06-19, 08:49 PM
[roll0] Perception!

Ballista
2012-06-19, 08:54 PM
OOC: Gratz, you're not blind...
After your thorough search of the shuttle, you begin to head back out to your fellow survivors. Though a dim red glow emanates from below a pile of scrap metal. The scrap had blocked the light from your angle of sight when you previously entered the vessel.

SoullessGinger
2012-06-19, 08:58 PM
OOC: Gratz, you're not blind...
After your thorough search of the shuttle, you begin to head back out to your fellow survivors. Though a dim red glow emanates from below a pile of scrap metal. The scrap had blocked the light from your angle of sight when you previously entered the vessel.

Aidan switches on his glowrod and investigates the source of the red light, pulling away as much scrap as he can.

kind_of_a_ROBOT
2012-06-19, 09:00 PM
Ren nods and heads towards the shuttle, stepping over unstable looking wreckage gingerly, heads to the instrument panel. Crossing his fingers, he starts tapping away at it, looking for astrogation data that might tell them where they are.

UC - [roll0]
or Pilot? - [roll1]

Ballista
2012-06-19, 09:04 PM
@Aidan:
You unearth the remnants of a droid, most of the torso, head and arms remain intact, yet its lower abdomen seems to have been completely ripped off. Sparks fly from the exposed wires that had originally connected the body.
Its photoreceptors burn a pulsating shade of dark red, almost the same color as blood. It's chassis is of a metallic grey color, but most of the finer features are obscured by darkness.
Knowledge: Technology check to identify the model of the droid

@Ren:
The display blacks out as you begin to input commands, breaking into static at intervals for a few seconds. The monitor finally stabilizes and displays the rough outline of the shuttle, the engines and starboard wings are outlined in red.
The model of the ship appears on the Top Left corner of the screen, displaying its serial number as well: Ministry-Class Orbital Shuttle: X5-920.
As you attempt to activate the ship's navigation suite, a window appears.

Begin Emergency Broadcast:
Commence|Abort

Down Comforter
2012-06-19, 09:04 PM
Taren tries to use his knowledge of the sector to identify the planet based upon the wildlife and/or geography.

Know (Galactic Lore):
[roll0]

SoullessGinger
2012-06-19, 09:17 PM
(Aidan does not have Knowledge: Tech trained. If he can use it untrained: [roll0])

"Anyone missing a droid? I've got most of one here."

Ballista
2012-06-19, 09:21 PM
@Taren
You dig deep into your memory to attempt to determine the identity of the planet, yet it mostly has failed you. You cannot discern what sector this planet is located in, much less the planet you are on.

OOC:
Nope, can't make untrained... :smalltongue:

thechosen2nd
2012-06-19, 09:27 PM
Krish sighs to himself again.

Completely unfamiliar terrain... almost no signs of life... This could be quite a struggle...

He instinctively puts his hand on the hilt of his survival knife. It has saved his life so many times before, but it is hard to imagine how useful a knife will be in this desolate landscape, other than using the reflection to signal for help...
It is clear to Krish that the team needs to find shade and shelter as soon as possible, but convincing everyone to follow him out into the desert...that will be the hard part. And to be fair, it certainly is a gamble...

"Achem. Look everyone... The way I see it, it doesn't really matter where we are right now... Wherever we are, we only really have two options. Um, We can either try to suffer through the day in whatever shade we can find around here, and then move out after dark, or, ah, we can get moving now, and try to find some real cover before we shrivel up out in this desert."

As he talks he gains confidence, and projects his voice more firmly:

"Personally, my experience tells me we should get moving, and pronto. If we can make it to those mountains over there to the South West, we'll have a pretty good chance of finding shelter from the sun, as well as water. And where there's water, there's life."

He looks around expectantly at his crew mates...

Down Comforter
2012-06-19, 09:28 PM
Taren stretches his battered limbs and makes his way over to Ren in the demolished shuttle. "How is it looking in here? Any luck?"

He pokes his head out of the shuttle at the sound of Krish's voice. "Why should we leave here?" he asks. "We're most likely to be found near the wreck, and the sensor pack is showing signs of... something out there. I reckon we should either stick with the shuttle or possibly send some scouts towards that signal we detected."

thechosen2nd
2012-06-19, 09:57 PM
Krish points over at the horizon.
"You see how the sun is just barely over the horizon? and it's already sweltering hot. In another couple of hours the temperature could easily rise anywhere from 20 to 100 degrees C. If you want to stay here and risk roasting alive, that's fine by me. You may be right, and I may be over-reacting. But in my experience, over-reacting is a lot better than under-reacting.

Krish sets down all of his gear, and starts taking out only the items that he needs, throwing them into his med kit backpack: a med pac, an extra power pack, some ration packs, and the bare necessities of his med kit. He also grabs a glow rod from the cargo hold, and of course holsters his postol and sheaths his survival knife.

"The mountains don't look too far, and I would be happy to scout it out. If fact, I think you're right... sending a scout might be a good idea... easier to stay hidden, in case there's hostiles.

..Does anyone... have a comlink I can, maybe, borrow? That way, I can contact you if I find a good shelter."

SoullessGinger
2012-06-19, 10:02 PM
Krish sighs to himself again.

Completely unfamiliar terrain... almost no signs of life... This could be quite a struggle...

He instinctively puts his hand on the hilt of his survival knife. It has saved his life so many times before, but it is hard to imagine how useful a knife will be in this desolate landscape, other than using the reflection to signal for help...
It is clear to Krish that the team needs to find shade and shelter as soon as possible, but convincing everyone to follow him out into the desert...that will be the hard part. And to be fair, it certainly is a gamble...

"Achem. Look everyone... The way I see it, it doesn't really matter where we are right now... Wherever we are, we only really have two options. Um, We can either try to suffer through the day in whatever shade we can find around here, and then move out after dark, or, ah, we can get moving now, and try to find some real cover before we shrivel up out in this desert."

As he talks he gains confidence, and projects his voice more firmly:

"Personally, my experience tells me we should get moving, and pronto. If we can make it to those mountains over there to the South West, we'll have a pretty good chance of finding shelter from the sun, as well as water. And where there's water, there's life."

He looks around expectantly at his crew mates...

"I would agree if we can't get a signal off. Protocols would suggest contacting friendlies, then getting to higher ground to get as visible as possible for S&R. If we can't find any friendlies, then we're on our own. We need to survive until we can locate a way off this rock. But first, we need to salvage anything useful from this wreck."

Taren stretches his battered limbs and makes his way over to Ren in the demolished shuttle. "How is it looking in here? Any luck?"

He pokes his head out of the shuttle at the sound of Krish's voice. "Why should we leave here?" he asks. "We're most likely to be found near the wreck, and the sensor pack is showing signs of... something out there. I reckon we should either stick with the shuttle or possibly send some scouts towards that signal we detected."

"Wait, what signal? Near those mountains?" Aidan asks, pointing to the southwest.

To Krish: "I've got a spare comm you can borrow."

kind_of_a_ROBOT
2012-06-19, 10:13 PM
To Teren - "It won't let me into the nav-data, but I think I found the distress beacon...I'm activating it." He chooses, 'commence.' And moves through the system to find the data he's looking for.

OOC:
If I can take 10, or even 20, I'd like to. And to clarify is it Use Computer or Pilot that I'm attempting at this point? Cause I have a vastly different chance if its one over the other...

The-Mage-King
2012-06-19, 10:16 PM
He responds in Miralukese. "I'll let this one handle it. She needs something to concentrate on. What is your name, kin?"

"Igniv Pencron. And I'm suprised that you'd consider a lucky hybrid like me one of your kin. Then again, you probably didn't pick up on the whole 'more human than Miralukan' thing. Mom was like that. Able to see the big picture, but bad at the details." Igniv says, replying in his mother's tongue.

"Anyway," He continues, turning towards Krish. "I've got a long range comm on me. I can go with you, since I'm not too bad at hiding myself, and provide support and radio contact."

"After all, two's safer than one, and not as bad as an entire team."

Knowledge (GL) check to determine planet based on landscape/wildlife, since I happen to have it trained. [roll0]

thechosen2nd
2012-06-19, 10:24 PM
Krish smiles graciously at Aidan and takes the comm link.
Thank you. I will contact you all when I have news. Likewise, let me know if that distress beacon yields any results.

To Igniv:

I would love the company. We should travel light... a heavy load will only burden us. Are you ready to go? I'll take point, and you watch our backs. Lets hope we can find a nice stream close to the mountains."

I suppose I may as well roll a survival and perception check?
Survival: 1d20+8
Perception: 1d20+8

thechosen2nd
2012-06-19, 10:27 PM
grrr. forgot rolls don't work in edits.

Survival: [roll0]
Perception: [roll1]

Ballista
2012-06-19, 10:52 PM
OOC:
You do realize that Ration packs do not carry any water right?
@Kind_of_a_ROBOT: You may take 10, though not 20. It's also a UC check

@Krish
The foot mountain range is a bit farther than you'd like it to be, but still a manageable distance. You do not spot much to catch your attention, though the birds that you saw earlier are still high in the sky, approaching the peaks.
You come across one of the plant's that you had seen in the distance earlier. This foliage appears to be a gnarled, knotted tendril that erupted from the surface of the sand ages ago. As you approach the green-brown protrusion, you feel the air become far more humid that elsewhere in the desert.

@Igniv
A desert planet, does not seem like the sort that would attract any sort of exploration, much less colonization. It is no surprise to you that a planet such as this would pass under scanners. Though you believe that the sector in which the planet resides may be in the Outter Rim, which accounts for the lack of life.

@Ren
A new screen appears across the display:
Region: Outer Rim
Sector: Sertar
Planet: Unknown
Coordinates: ~12269.8, 9202.5, 3067.4

The-Mage-King
2012-06-19, 11:35 PM
"We're probably in the Outer Rim. Or on an unexplored world, at least." Igniv says, before heading off with Krish, sonic blaster in hand.

Perception check: [roll0]

Survival check: [roll1]

Down Comforter
2012-06-20, 12:37 AM
As Igniv and Krish leave, Taren makes sure they have his comm frequency. "If you find anything, make sure to contact me at this frequency. I have an encrypted, long-range comm, so nothing should be able to listen in and there's not much chance you'll get out of range. And try not to get yourself killed out there kin, half-blood or not."

Taren settles back into the shade that fills the crashed shuttle, grabbing the breath mask (if it's still there), content to wait for a report from the scouts.

Drugged dwarf
2012-06-20, 03:54 AM
She had been quietly listening, letting the pain subside. The bleeding had staunched, for now at least, although the stain formed on her suit was rather unbecoming. I just had this tailor made too, she thought. Well, there are worst ways to wake up on a morning.

For her, survival was not an issue - at least, not concerning food and water anyway. The issue was how the rest of the the survivors were planning on staying alive. Action was being taken, but it wasn't... well, enough. She quickly pulled out her datapad, entering co-ordinates into it.

"H-Hey... wait..." she calls out specifically to the two that were heading off to scout, wincing slightly as she stands to her feet. "there's something I'd like to say. Hear me out alright?" Giving everyone a moment to listen, she speaks.

"First off, before you two head off into the unknown, here." She hands them the datapad as she speaks. "You are right. Where there's water, there's life. Well maybe it's the opposite effect. Where there's life, there's water. It's not too far, just slightly more South west than you might like, but give it a quick scan, see what you can find. Try to hurry though, the shelter may not be so welcoming later.

"Secondly. I need your help with something. Simply, that." She reaches out, and points at the crashed ship. "Now, I don't exactly know how bad she is, or even if it is possible for her to be in any shape to function, but the thing is, it hasn't exploded yet, which coming from my circles is a good thing. If it hasn't exploded yet, then it's stable enough to have more survivors on it, however rare. The damn thing's possibly got quite a bit of stuff we could salvage, not to mention medical supplies, weapons, emergency gear, survival units, and all of that. Hell, if we're really lucky, the navigation computer might still be working.

But it will possibly be dangerous, especially with the heat coming up, so we might not have a lot of time to keep it together. Not to mention, if we wait a day, and it doesn't randomly explode, all manner of critters might be living in it, and no one wants that.

"So. I suggest while we have one team searching for life, the other, including me, head there. Salvage what we can. Hell we might be able to get a second working shuttle if we're lucky.

"If we're not so lucky, there will be hostiles on board just paitently waiting to ruin our already not such a great day.

"Thirdly, and most importantly..." she says with a half smile, "don't you think we should be giving out our names before we go galavanting across the great unknown. Looks like we're going to be together for a while. Name's Asha. Tech expert, explosive specialist, and all round nice gal stuck in a bad place at the same time."

"Oh, and also, did someone mention a droid?"

kind_of_a_ROBOT
2012-06-20, 06:16 AM
Ren half-grins. "Well...that's something at least," he mutters to himself. Grabbing his datapad from his utility belt, he makes note of the coordinates and the system before heading back to the others. He stands next to Taren in the shade of the shuttle and listens to the Khil.

Clearing his throat after she has finished, he speaks up. My name is Ren Axton. And before you all head off in opposite directions, I got something from the nav-data. We're in the Sertar system, outer rim...does anyone remember anything? From before the crash I mean?

thechosen2nd
2012-06-20, 11:01 AM
"Right. Names. I'm Krish. It's nice to meet you Asha, even under present circumstances. and Ren? It's good to finally get a grasp on where we are."

"I'm not really sure what I'm doing here... I know I was assigned to the Damocles, as I'm sure you all were, fighting on the side of the Republic. Evidently we got shot down. Right now though, I'm not so concerned with what our mission was... I'll start worrying about that once we have a way to sustain ourselves. I just have a bad feeling this desert is going to become an oven in a matter of hours."

[Looks at data pad. To Asha:] "Life forms less than a Km away, and maybe on the southern end of the mountain range where we're headed. That does bode well. We can scout that out while we are down there. Don't worry... we won't be seen. He hands back the data pad.

"Sigh... checking out the wreck... that's definitely a big risk. It could very well be crawling with whatever enemy shot us down. However, as you say... any supplies we might find there could make the difference between life and death, and it could present sufficient shelter. Personally, I would wait until night, but you raise valid points. If you want to get a party together and scout the wreck out now, go ahead. We will be in touch with you."

I know ration packs don't contain water, but what does? the only thing I saw was the survival kit with its two condensing canteens,but I'm already carrying a med kit... can't have two backpacks.
can we say I have just an individual condensing canteen? call it 200 credits? I don't care about the cost I have 9,600 credits left over...

[Skipping ahead in time...]
Krish approaches the plant curiously. "You feel that humidity?" he says to Igniv. "I think we may be on to something."
Krish begins digging at the roots of the plant, searching for moisture in the soil, or any other clues as to the source of the moisture.

Survival: [roll0]
Knowledge (l.s.) to see what I may know about this type of plant: [roll2]
Side note, how far away and in what direction do I judge the crashed ship to be from the shuttle wreck?

Ballista
2012-06-20, 11:30 AM
OOC:
And where do you plan on buying that? At the conveniently located vendor droid over yonder hill? This ain't no MMORPG foo'!!! :smallwink:

@Krish
The plant seems to travel deep into the sand, the root system cannot be seen at such a close distance to the blazing hot surface. This seems to make sense to you as desert plants tend to draw water from deep under the earth, and in a large radius.
As you touch the plant itself, you feel a thin layer of viscous fluid encapsulating the exposed portion, and the plant itself seems to quiver slightly.

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2118/3641609424_c0bfd555af.jpg
OOC: Think this without the tip...

Down Comforter
2012-06-20, 11:47 AM
Just beginning to doze in the shade, Taren wearily sits up at the sound of Asha's voice. He listens from the shade and hauls himself up as a round of introductions start up.

"Specialist Taren Rush, Republic Navy." He gives a half-hearted salute. "I work as an interpreter, contact with indigenous species and so on. I deal mostly with local populations and the like." He blinks up at the sun. "This kind of thing isn't exactly my area of expertise."

"Given that I have no idea what happened before the crash, I do think that we should check out the wreck, if only to figure out why we are here. I agree with Krish however, in that we should wait for night to approach the wreck."

He settles back onto his sand-covered seat and realizes he has a gash the length of his left arm, that he swiftly applies first aid to.

Treat Injury
[roll0]

Drugged dwarf
2012-06-20, 12:16 PM
She scrowls slightly, her tentacles uncoiling, giving her a more free and flexible look.

"I understand what you are both trying to say, Krish.. and.. Taren? And thank you for the help from before."

She points to the sun, and says "but you just said that that thing is going to be scalding hot any moment now. Which means a few things. If there's any lifeforms in this place, dangerous or otherwise, they'll take shelter in there when it gets too warm. That includes any hostiles that may or may not have been on board. Hostiles or creatures eating our food or drinking our water, something the rest of you are going to need if you want to survive.

Using the ship for shelter may or may not be a good idea, but we don't know what state it is in, or will be, and the earlier we get there, the better chances we have that we can make it hospitable.

Thirdly, there might be survivors on board. It's pretty rare, but there could be. That includes not only a commanding officer who might have some damn idea as to what we're doing here, but also some form of long range scanners for us to find other survivors.

Something that we are decreasing our chances of finding with every minute we spend not looking for them.

Plus..." she adds, her eyes darkening, "do you really want to be the one sneaking around in the dark on a ship that may or may not explode, or contain hostiles?

All I ask, is for someone to come with me. I don't need to take everyone, just one person would do, but you are all welcome. Get me on there, and I can do my best to salvage what I can."

Down Comforter
2012-06-20, 12:26 PM
Taren smiles grimly, "Darkness has never been a problem for me. But if you're going, I will join you. I suppose it's better than sitting around this wreck with nothing to do but wait."

Taren searches his feelings to make certain that this will be a worthwhile decision.

UtF
[roll0]

Ballista
2012-06-20, 12:31 PM
@Taren
You realize that the ship is most likely to explode at any moment, the fission reactor that powers most ships would overheat rather quickly if the cooling system is inoperative. The fact that the ship has survived this long is a miracle in of itself.
Also, you manage to staunch to bleeding of your wounds with the bandages, as well as disinfecting the wound.

Down Comforter
2012-06-20, 12:40 PM
Having taken up a relaxed stance to search his feelings, Taren stiffens. "On second thought, it may be best that we avoid the wreck. In fact, we might want to start moving away from it. I can't imagine that the cooling systems are still working, which makes it a miracle that the fission reactor hasn't gone up yet... I'm no master of tech, but I'm not sure how violently a reactor of that type and size dies."

Drugged dwarf
2012-06-20, 12:45 PM
She was smiling as she listened, a hand casually placed on her hip, but on the inside, she studied the mirakulan closely. Something about him rubbed her the wrong way.

His posture? No, too calm. Maybe his attitude... No she liked someone composed enough to not just out right panic.

It was... Thinking back on it... It was the way that even with his calm look, it seemed like every action he took was almost... Guided. Not planned, not spontaneous, but guided and well lead

And it freaked her out.

"that's fine. You may have a point, but we might have time. That aside, Any good with climbing? "

thechosen2nd
2012-06-20, 01:34 PM
OOC:
And where do you plan on buying that? At the conveniently located vendor droid over yonder hill? This ain't no MMORPG foo'!!! :smallwink:

OOC: Yeah... I was trying to retroactively start with it, since it seems like something my character would have. but you're right, that's kind of BS. sooo anyway... no water. great..

Krish collected a glob of the viscous fluid between his thumb and pointer finger and smelled it. This could provide vital water and nutrients... or it could be poisonous. he thought to himself.
He collects a sample of the fluid and put it in a container from his med kit.
can't hurt to take a sample... ether way, it could come in handy.

Krish stands up and dusts himself off.

"Well, thats interesting. No idea what it is, or if we can consume it. Might as well keep moving towards the mountains. Ready to keep moving Igniv?"

kind_of_a_ROBOT
2012-06-20, 01:51 PM
Ren nods in agreement with Taren, "I'm not sure the benefits of going into that thing are worth the risk...but, I don't really want to just sit here and wait to be rescued, either.. He kicks at a loose piece of sand covered metal near his foot, and wipes away the blood from the cut above his eye, finally reaching for the medpac on his belt. He winces slightly as he notices the bruise forming beneath the nail of his index finger...considering this wreck, I guess that's pretty lucky, he thinks as he presses the bandage to his forehead.

SoullessGinger
2012-06-20, 03:36 PM
"H-Hey... wait..." she calls out specifically to the two that were heading off to scout, wincing slightly as she stands to her feet. "there's something I'd like to say. Hear me out alright?" Giving everyone a moment to listen, she speaks.

"First off, before you two head off into the unknown, here." She hands them the datapad as she speaks. "You are right. Where there's water, there's life. Well maybe it's the opposite effect. Where there's life, there's water. It's not too far, just slightly more South west than you might like, but give it a quick scan, see what you can find. Try to hurry though, the shelter may not be so welcoming later.

"I agree. Moreover, if we found water so easily, it is very likely natives know this spot well. Be careful."

"Secondly. I need your help with something. Simply, that." She reaches out, and points at the crashed ship. "Now, I don't exactly know how bad she is, or even if it is possible for her to be in any shape to function, but the thing is, it hasn't exploded yet, which coming from my circles is a good thing. If it hasn't exploded yet, then it's stable enough to have more survivors on it, however rare. The damn thing's possibly got quite a bit of stuff we could salvage, not to mention medical supplies, weapons, emergency gear, survival units, and all of that. Hell, if we're really lucky, the navigation computer might still be working.

But it will possibly be dangerous, especially with the heat coming up, so we might not have a lot of time to keep it together. Not to mention, if we wait a day, and it doesn't randomly explode, all manner of critters might be living in it, and no one wants that.

"So. I suggest while we have one team searching for life, the other, including me, head there. Salvage what we can. Hell we might be able to get a second working shuttle if we're lucky.

"If we're not so lucky, there will be hostiles on board just paitently waiting to ruin our already not such a great day.

"Thirdly, and most importantly..." she says with a half smile, "don't you think we should be giving out our names before we go galavanting across the great unknown. Looks like we're going to be together for a while. Name's Asha. Tech expert, explosive specialist, and all round nice gal stuck in a bad place at the same time."

"Oh, and also, did someone mention a droid?"

"My apologies for being rude. Second Lieutenant Aidan Corr, Republic Marines. And yes, there is most of a droid trapped under here. Anyone recognize this model? I'm not sure I want to pull it out until I know what it is."

The-Mage-King
2012-06-20, 04:01 PM
Krish stands up and dusts himself off.

"Well, thats interesting. No idea what it is, or if we can consume it. Might as well keep moving towards the mountains. Ready to keep moving Igniv?"

"Hm... Give me a second. Just need to check on something." Igniv says, concentrating for a moment.

He then heads on, following Krish.

Search my feelings on if drinking that would cause immediate pain/death.

[roll]1d20+13

Ballista
2012-06-20, 07:06 PM
@Aidan
You recognize some familiar aspects of a protocol droid, a rather large vocabulator seemed to give it away.

@Igniv
A feeling of emptiness a brought forth, the liquid seems to hold no immediate pain nor death, neither does it seem to provide much aid.

SoullessGinger
2012-06-20, 07:17 PM
Aidan continues trying to dig the droid out.

"Are you functional, droid?"

Ballista
2012-06-20, 07:22 PM
The droid's speech is riddled with static, yet is recognizable enough to understand.
Sarcastic Remark: If you define that having 50 percent of one's body forcibly removed being within parameters of my function, then yes I am indeed functional.
The droid tries to lean forward, but only succeeds in flailing his torso about a little.
Shameful Request: It seems I am in a predicament, would you kindly remove this wreckage off of my chassis?

Down Comforter
2012-06-20, 07:32 PM
Hearing the scratchy voice from inside the wreckage, Taren pokes his head in. "Is that a... droid?"He pauses as Aidan digs at the wreckage. "Do you need some help?"

Ballista
2012-06-20, 07:41 PM
The droid is visibly straining to look up at the new arrival in the shuttle.
His voice becomes clearer, exposing the obvious masculine personality of the droid as well as the rather sarcastic inflection with each statement.
Irritated Response: Yes, this rubble is crushing my servos. It would be much appreciated if one of you organics could free me from this junk heap. I promise I won't bite.
With that he lies back down, staring at the interior of the shuttle.

kind_of_a_ROBOT
2012-06-20, 07:48 PM
Ren looks over his shoulder at the droid, then stands and moves to help removing the wreckage from on top of it. "Need a hand with that?"

SoullessGinger
2012-06-20, 09:02 PM
Hearing the scratchy voice from inside the wreckage, Taren pokes his head in. "Is that a... droid?"He pauses as Aidan digs at the wreckage. "Do you need some help?"

Ren looks over his shoulder at the droid, then stands and moves to help removing the wreckage from on top of it. "Need a hand with that?"

"Yes please. This thing is wedged in here rather tightly."

The droid is visibly straining to look up at the new arrival in the shuttle.
His voice becomes clearer, exposing the obvious masculine personality of the droid as well as the rather sarcastic inflection with each statement.
Irritated Response: Yes, this rubble is crushing my servos. It would be much appreciated if one of you organics could free me from this junk heap. I promise I won't bite.
With that he lies back down, staring at the interior of the shuttle.

Aidan looks at the two men helping him, "What the hell kind of response was that? Have you ever heard a droid talk that way?"

Ballista
2012-06-20, 09:16 PM
Mocking Acrimony: Oh goodness, have I said something to offend you? I do loathe to upset organics... master, but I am afraid this is what becomes of a droid after a mechanic doesn't give one a good memory wipe every few seconds. But I rather like myself they way I am.
Turning his head to face the other two in the cargo bay:
Falsified Reassurance: You organics must be so glad to have this one tag along with the mission, his wits are as sharp as a vibroblade... or maybe a Kath Hound...

Down Comforter
2012-06-20, 09:20 PM
Taren frowns, "I'm thinking it might be best to leave it there for a bit. If for no other reason than it's irritating."

SoullessGinger
2012-06-20, 09:35 PM
"Ok, that's enough.

Aidan looks for the droid's power switch and will shut it off if he can find it. Then continue trying to free it.

Mechanics [roll0]

kind_of_a_ROBOT
2012-06-20, 09:53 PM
Ren chuckles as he bends down to grab hold of the wreckage pinning the droid. "Better be careful, keep up the jokes and someone is liable to shut you down," he says quietly to the droid.

Ballista
2012-06-20, 10:15 PM
@Aidan
You fumble around the droid's torso a bit, looking for the control panel. Finding a small indent on the side of the droid, you press against it and a small tink can be heard within the droid's chassis.
Startled Remark: What did you just do organic? You cannot go digging around my...
The droid pauses a for a few seconds, his photoreceptors dim and his body goes limp as he visibly shuts down.

thechosen2nd
2012-06-20, 11:00 PM
OOC: Not sure if we need another survival and perception check for continuing towards the mountain range, so I'll give you one just in case. :smallsmile:

Perception: [roll0]
Survival: [roll1]

Felhammer
2012-06-20, 11:13 PM
Lok is the last to awaken from the crash. His head was banged up badly but, thanks to his master of the Force, he was none the worse for wear.Blood began to pour, ever so slightly, from his brow. It was at this very moment Lok dearly wished he had paid more attention during the class on Jedi Healing... Checking his wound with his hand, he realized it was nothing more than a small scratch, nothing to be too worried about. Suddenly, he began to panic, if he had sustained damage then perhaps... He immediately begins to grope his breath mask but luckily it was not damaged in the crash, so at least there was that.

He allows the others to form up teams a decide a plan. Lok had never been the leader type, he much preferred the role of soldier to command. Actually fighting for something you believe in, of watching your fellow man risk everything for the same cause - that was far more important than ordering men around. Perhaps that was why he signed up for this suicide mission in the first place.

Lok calms his mind and tries to reach out with the force, sensing everything around him - the people, the plants, the sand, the ship, everything. Utilizing Jedi breathing techniques, the Kel Dor calms his mind and finds focus once more.

Seeing the trouble with the Droid, Lok walks up and asks, "I can try to help lift the rubble and free the Droid with the Force. There are no guarantees but I will try my best... If that is alright with you my dear Protocol Droid." Right as he finishes his request, the "organic" shut the droid off.

Sorry for my delay, I missed the post about the IC thread. Darn phone not updating me :smallfrown:

Use the Force to Sense my Surroundings: [roll0]

Use the Force to utilize Move Object to help free the Droid [roll1], if it will help unburden the droid. If it will harm him, Lok will not life the rubble.

SoullessGinger
2012-06-21, 01:49 AM
@Aidan
You fumble around the droid's torso a bit, looking for the control panel. Finding a small indent on the side of the droid, you press against it and a small tink can be heard within the droid's chassis.
Startled Remark: What did you just do organic? You cannot go digging around my...
The droid pauses a for a few seconds, his photoreceptors dim and his body goes limp as he visibly shuts down.

"That's better. Any of you own this thing?"

Aidan continues trying to free the droid. When he gets it out he will try to crack it open and get access to its memory core, sans the attitude.

Drugged dwarf
2012-06-21, 04:30 AM
She had stayed behind, while the rest of the team headed into the ship, eyes fixed on the droid. Her tentacles quivered, irritated at the sudden, but not unexpected, turn of events. It wasn't the first time an idea of hers had been shot down, nor would it be the last.

She took a longing look at the crashed ship, eyes dimmed. Perhaps he was right, that the ship may not be in any shape or form to be stable. She wondered how her mother would have handled this situation. How she would have probably gotten them to do something more sensible.

Knowledge tech:
see what I can discern from the ship's status. Also, if it did blow up (which I am suuuuuure we have enough time from), are we far enough away from it?
[roll0]

She probably would have gotten them rescued by now.

She probably wouldn't have crashed in the first place.

A pain in here side made her wince, and strangely, the thoughts of her mother went fleeting, as she slowly followed along, making her way into the shuttle to see the droid.

"Wow... you weren't kidding. Maybe he's got a record of the crash data. When you get him outta there I'll give it a good look. See if it's alright. Although it would probably be best to get it to speak for itself."

Knowledge Tech
Trying to discern what function this droid would have had on the ship
[roll1]

kind_of_a_ROBOT
2012-06-21, 08:39 AM
While shuffling rubble as best he can from the droid, Ren turns his head at the sound of the new voice. Faint recognition of the Kel Dor's face flashes for him, but it takes a moment to place. He nods, "That would probably be easier..."

Standing and brushing his hands off on his thighs, Ren focuses for a moment...

Use The Force to move light object or activate Move Object force power, whichever is more appropriate

[roll0]

Ballista
2012-06-21, 09:34 AM
@Krish
You and your scouting party have reached the foot of the mountains. Searching for an easily accessible path through the mountain range, you settle on a steep, yet climbable byway, probably used by local wildlife.
Though as you approach, you catch the reflection of metal out of the corner of your eye.

@Lok/Ren
The force comes to you easily, much of the smaller debris levitates from the ground as you manipulate them mid air into a neat pile outside the shuttle.

@Asha
The ship was Foray-Class Blockade Runner, distinguished by the smooth hull design and large thrusters at the stern. The Fission reactors used to power this class of ship are prone to overheating, which led to the development of multiple fail safe cooling systems. Of course there is no way to determine if these systems are fully functional from such a distance.
As for the droid, it's humanoid silhouette, intricate hand design and it's external vocabulator suggests a function of a protocol droid, possibly used to as a translator or other functions of diplomatic variety. However, you do note that its exterior plating is made of relatively thick durasteel, commonly found on battle droids.

@Shuttle Crash Sight
The droid has been freed from the wreckage, though it's lower body has yet to be located.

Down Comforter
2012-06-21, 11:47 AM
"What should we do with the irritating droid now?" Taren asks. "We clearly need information that it might have, but I can't imagine that it would be forthcoming with information, even if we hadn't disabled it."

thechosen2nd
2012-06-21, 01:18 PM
It wasn't a particularly long walk to the mountain, but given the heat, Krish was already glistening with sweat. He was just thinking about what he would do were he to find a nice cool stream just around the corner, when he sees a glint of metal out of the corner of his eye. Krish stops dead in his tracks, immediately motioning for Igniv to stop as well. Vigilantly scanning all around them for other signs of man-made objects or movement, he explains the situation to Igniv in a low murmur.

"Did you see that? a flash of metal... we must be getting close to some kind of settlement..."

Finally looking Igniv in the eyes he continues in a quiet but clear voice, "keep your eyes and ears sharp, and stay low, and quiet. I'd like to see them before they see us. Just in case."

With that, Krish silently draws his blaster pistol and sneakily starts off in the direction he thinks the flash of metal came from, keeping his eyes peeled for any sign of movement.

Stealth: [roll0]

Ballista
2012-06-21, 01:33 PM
@Krish
As you approach the location of reflected light, you notice that the ground you are walking on becomes denser, and harder. You sweep away the sand at your feet to discover that you are standing on some sort of durasteel platform.
You see more metal on the side of the mountain, cleverly disguised under a veil of sand. When you brush away some of the sand covering the mountain, most of the delicately placed camouflage drops to the ground to reveal a large hangar door. The thick gate appears to be magnalocked and no form of prying would open it.
http://cghub.com/files/Image/117001-118000/117966/879_realsize.jpg

thechosen2nd
2012-06-21, 02:49 PM
Krish is speechless at the sudden change of scenery. He felt much more in his element standing on the coarse sand than he does on this metallic platform. Technology really isn't his area of expertise, and so his confidence is slightly shaken. He looks to Igniv with a surprised expression:

"Now here's one thing I wasn't expecting to find. What do you make of it? And what's our next move?"

The-Mage-King
2012-06-21, 03:02 PM
"No clue." Igniv says, looking over the door.

"Give me a minute though. Going to try something..." He continues, focusing for a second.

Sense Surroundings UTF check! [roll0]

Perception check! [roll1]

Sense Force UTF check! [roll2]

Search my feelings UTF check, determine if lightsabering the door down will result in stuff happening soon after! [roll3]

SoullessGinger
2012-06-21, 03:07 PM
While shuffling rubble as best he can from the droid, Ren turns his head at the sound of the new voice. Faint recognition of the Kel Dor's face flashes for him, but it takes a moment to place. He nods, "That would probably be easier..."

Standing and brushing his hands off on his thighs, Ren focuses for a moment...

Aidan jumps back as the droid is moved telepathically.

"Jedi? Well that could be useful."

"What should we do with the irritating droid now?" Taren asks. "We clearly need information that it might have, but I can't imagine that it would be forthcoming with information, even if we hadn't disabled it."

"Let's turn the thing on and see what it knows."

Aidan powers the droid back on, "Look you pile of scrap, we had to turn you off to get you out of that damned rubble. Now you may not have noticed, but you're missing your legs and we're in the middle of a desert. You're gonna need to give us a pretty compelling reason to haul you out of here. Start with what you were doing on our shuttle and why we crashed."

kind_of_a_ROBOT
2012-06-21, 03:27 PM
Ren shrugs at Taren, "as annoying as he is, he's also probably the only one who can tell us what happened..."

Then he turns to Lok, "you have a familiar face, you trained at the Jedi accademy on Dantooine, didn't you?". Extending his hand to the Kel Dor, "Ren Axton, and who might you be, friend?"

Felhammer
2012-06-21, 03:40 PM
Lok meet's Ren's gaze, "Yes, I trained on Dantooine for much of my padawan-hood. My name is Lok Vah Koor. Good to meet another Jedi. I have a feeling you were a few years behind me at the academy. I left Dantooine early to fight the Sith with," Lok grits his teeth and all but spits out, "Revan." The Kel Dor looks off into the distance for a few moments, regaining his cool. "That would most likely explain why we have not been acquainted on more personal level. What can you tell me about the crash? I appear to be the last who awoke."

Ballista
2012-06-21, 03:51 PM
OOC: I swear, every other post has a Perception check in it.

@Igniv
The doors seems to be of military grade and appears to have no manual way of opening it. There may be some sort of mechanism to open it else where but you see none in the immediate vicinity. Whilst studying the the doors, you notice a slight shimmering effect on the steel. As you attempt to touch it, your hand stops dead a few centimeters away.
A dark swirling cloud, tinged with red and smoke fills your mind, there must be something of the Dark Side beyond these gates.
Through the force, you receive a blank white image along with a small amount of panic, there appears to be nothing harmful in the immediate future if you were to attempt to cut the door open with your lightsaber; yet your compatriot may be surprised with your force powers.

@Aidan
As you activate the droid, it gives no actions indicative of its reactivation. his body is as limp as ever, but you hear a ever so slight beep emanating from the droid's body.
Several seconds later, the droid's photoreceptors flash on; yet for some reason, his left "eye" takes on a shade of a deep blue, the other remains the dark crimson that it possessed earlier.
Unlike the previous time the droid spoke, his voice seems to match that of screeching metal, a caustic and cold sound.
Hypothetical Assessment: It appears that you have reactivated my previous memory banks. Re-assessing present objectives...
The droid pauses for a moment, the middle of his chest slides away to show small projector, which in turn creates a blue tinged holo-display of the galaxy, quickly slowly zooming in to focus on a specific planet.
A small dialogue box appears over the planet reading:
Sertar Sector, Planet: Elom
Coordinates: 12269.8, 9202.5, 3067.4
A small red blip appears on the equatorial region of the planet.

The illumination of the projector casts a soft shade of blue on the surrounding area, enough light to reveal the finer details of the droid.

http://i818.photobucket.com/albums/zz107/HkCrimson/Hk47portrait.png
Edit: Yay for having a basic understanding of photoshop :D

Down Comforter
2012-06-21, 04:00 PM
Taren searches his memory for some idea of the planet Elom.

Know: Galactic lore
Using his memory implant to roll twice and take the better of the two rolls
[roll0]
[roll1]

He pulls out his holo comm device and transmits to the two scouts. If they answer he says, "We've found a mostly functional droid at the crash site here, as well as what could be our current location, a planet called Elom. How's it looking on your end?"

SoullessGinger
2012-06-21, 04:03 PM
OOC: I swear, every other post has a Perception check in it.

@Igniv
The doors seems to be of military grade and appears to have no manual way of opening it. There may be some sort of mechanism to open it else where but you see none in the immediate vicinity. Whilst studying the the doors, you notice a slight shimmering effect on the steel. As you attempt to touch it, your hand stops dead a few centimeters away.
A dark swirling cloud, tinged with red and smoke fills your mind, there must be something of the Dark Side beyond these gates.
Through the force, you receive a blank white image along with a small amount of panic, there appears to be nothing harmful in the immediate future if you were to attempt to cut the door open with your lightsaber; yet your compatriot may be surprised with your force powers.

@Aidan
As you activate the droid, it gives no actions indicative of its reactivation. his body is as limp as ever, but you hear a ever so slight beep emanating from the droid's body.
Several seconds later, the droid's photoreceptors flash on; yet for some reason, his left "eye" takes on a shade of a deep blue, the other remains the dark crimson that it possessed earlier.
Unlike the previous time the droid spoke, his voice seems to match that of screeching metal, a caustic and cold sound.
Hypothetical Assessment: It appears that you have reactivated my previous memory banks. Re-assessing present objectives...
The droid pauses for a moment, the middle of his chest slides away to show small projector, which in turn creates a blue tinged holo-display of the galaxy, quickly slowly zooming in to focus on a specific planet.
A small dialogue box appears over the planet reading:
Sertar Sector, Planet: Elom
Coordinates: 12269.8, 9202.5, 3067.4
A small red blip appears on the equatorial region of the planet.

The illumination of the projector casts a soft shade of blue on the surrounding area, enough light to reveal the finer details of the droid.

http://i818.photobucket.com/albums/zz107/HkCrimson/Hk47portrait.png
Edit: Yay for having a basic understanding of photoshop :D

"Sithspit. Droid, what do you know about the shuttle crash or your previous assignment?"

Ballista
2012-06-21, 04:08 PM
@Taren/Igniv
Elom was discovered rather recently, only half a decade or so beforehand. It's mostly a barren planet, due to its proximity to the likewise named star, Elom.
The planet is currently uncolonized and may be uninhabited as well, preliminary research has found no indigenous civilization as of yet, nor any signs of previous settlements on its surface.

The-Mage-King
2012-06-21, 04:22 PM
Sighing, Igniv taps his comm, signalling the rest of the group.

"We found a bunker here." He says, holding his wrist near his mouth. "Feels... Ominious, but should be able to serve as shelter. Might have water in it. You all should head over here."

"Strong Dark side presence here. I think we shouldn't move in on it until the other two Jedi are here. Better safe than sorry." He continues, drifiting into Miralukese.

Knowledge (Galactic Lore) check on the planet!: [roll0]

Also, Perception check! [roll1]

Ballista
2012-06-21, 04:36 PM
@Aidan
The droid turns his head slowly to face you.
Apathetic Response: It appears that you have either suffered some form of targeted amnesia from neurological tampering or other external sources. Or less likely, the crash that you have experienced has somehow damaged your neural interface. Allow me to re-brief you on your assignment...
Objective I : The Republic Blockade Runner, Damocles, is to rendevouz with an unspecified Czerka Corporation cruiser in the Kessel Sector
Sub-Objective Alpha: A specialized squad of soldiers is to retrieve Project Dark Star
Sub-Objective Beta: En Route to republic space, Project Dark Star is to assume direct control of the Damocles.
Sub-Objective Charlie: The Damocles is to be deactivated in orbit of the planet, Elom.
Sub-Objective Delta: From the roster transmitted from the Supreme Chancellor of the Republic, Dark Star is to select a group of soldiers to survive the incident of S-OC. The squad is to be subjected to directed amnesia of the mission.
Objective II: The squad is to deliver Project Dark Star to the Imperial Sith Capital of Korriban.

Down Comforter
2012-06-21, 04:42 PM
In Miralukese: "From my knowledge, Elom is uninhabitated, only recently discovered. Further, the droid has revealed that the Damocles was deliberately forced down by something called Project Dark Star and amnesia was forcibly induced on those of us who survived. The Project is then to be delivered to the Sith on Korriban. I don't like any of this. I'll let the Jedi and others know they are needed."

With the click confirming end of transmission, Taren immediately reaches out with the force, searching first for locations of strong dark side presence and then reaching out for any force users in the area, while shielding his own presence.

Utf:
[roll0]
[roll1]
From now on, Taren will be seeking to hide his force presence from those who might be searching for force users.

Taren turns to the others gathered about the shuttle. "It seems like the scouts have discovered some kind of bunker or shelter. They're requesting we join them, as it's possible that it could have supplies."

Taren gestures to the two force-users. "Could I have a word with you two?"

SoullessGinger
2012-06-21, 04:43 PM
Aidan keys up his comm, "Stand by on that. I've found something rather disturbing at the shuttle."

To the droid, "Tell me everything you know about Project Dark Star, Incident S-OC, and directed amnesia."

kind_of_a_ROBOT
2012-06-21, 05:03 PM
Ren nods and moves aside with Taren, giving an uncertain glance at the droid. "Taren, right? What do you think of all this?"

Down Comforter
2012-06-21, 05:13 PM
Taren nods in assent and turns to the Kel Dor Jedi, "We don't know much about what happend, we just know that we all awoke in this desert as the wreck of the Damocles came down over there."

He draws the two Jedi to the side and relays the scout's message, "As I said before, it seems that two we sent scouting to the southwest have discovered some sort of bunker. It also seems that it's a strong focus for dark side energies. We may have need of your talents to cleanse it."

The-Mage-King
2012-06-21, 05:14 PM
"It's a trap." Igniv says, turning to Krish. "A Sith organized one, evidently."

"I asked for the rest of the team to head up here, bringing the jedi that were with them, since I've got a bad feeling about this place. We should wait until the rest get here."

UTF to sense force users: [roll0]

UTF to hide from sensing: [roll1]

Also hiding from force users who try to detect from now on.

thechosen2nd
2012-06-21, 05:26 PM
Only half listening to the conversation between Igniv and Taren through the comlink Aidan lent him, Krish busies himself with meticulously searching the nearby area for any clues, or devices that might open the door.

Hearing Igniv slip into a foreign tongue, and the Miralukan responding in kind, he frowns to himself. What is he hiding... and what did he mean 'try something'? All he did was stand there...

Hearing the concerned tone in Aidan's voice, he diverts more of his attention to his comlink, anxious to hear what the soldier has to say.

OOC: My understanding is that everyone is inside the shuttle with the droid except for Igniv and I, so we can all hear/be a part of this conversation, right?

Ballista
2012-06-21, 05:40 PM
@Taren
You can feel the presence the familiar aura of two force sensitive individuals rather close to you as well as that of another known aura A bit farther than a km away to the SW. Slightly beyond the aura you assume to be Krish, you detect faint traces of the force users (approximately 5), but none as strong as the ones to be your companions.

@Igniv
You sense your mind probing through the surrounding surface of the planet, searching for others like yourself. In the area, you only detect the force aura of the other survivors; yet closer still, there are smaller traces of force users (approximately 5) behind the sealed door.

@Aidan
The droid stares at you, the frozen glare would pierce the mind of lesser men.
Calculated Acknowledgment: Project Dark Star was a Republic funded scientific venture to weaponize and develope the Mass Shadow Generator utilized at Malachor V during the Mandalorian Wars. The project aimed to miniaturize this process, and increasing the effective radius of the generator ten-fold.
Pausing for a few seconds, the droid turns away from Aidan then turns his head back to face the Human.
Reluctant Answer: I am the result...

@Krish
There appears to be no immediately accessibly control panels near the gates. As you pace back and forth in front of the door, you notice a small rumbling and you feel a blast of cold air as the gates begin to slowly hiss open...

SoullessGinger
2012-06-21, 05:49 PM
"You're a bomb that we're supposed to deliver to Korriban? If crashing here was part of the mission, then how are we supposed to get to Korriban?"

Ballista
2012-06-21, 06:21 PM
@Airdan
Premeditated Retort: Oh I do apologize if I've somehow confused you, I am no simple walking bomb. I possess the Gravity well created by several hundred planets, enough power to crush entire star system to fine pieces.
As for what you believe the premise of my creation to be, I assure you my intentions are not to damage the Sith.

thechosen2nd
2012-06-21, 06:29 PM
Still waiting expectantly to hear back from Aidan, Krish looks up at Igniv. He has so many questions: How do you know its a trap? What exactly did the Miralukan say? Why are the Jedi so pivotal? A 'bad feeling?'

But before he can ask Igniv any of them, he feels the blast of cold air as the hangar door slowly begins to open.

Blast! he thinks, as he sprints to the nearest side of the door, hiding as close to the entrance as he can. Pistol still in hand and adrenaline racing through his veins, Krish prepares himself for whatever may come through the door.

Stealth:[roll0]

Ballista
2012-06-21, 06:44 PM
OOC:
Here is a rough map (https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AvaNsW-k01RNdHlWQU03N3prTGtMS2NuY0doa2RBRVE#gid=0) of the Hangar doors area where Krish and Igniv are at currently.

The-Mage-King
2012-06-21, 06:50 PM
Hearing the hiss of the hangar opening, Igniv ducks behind the nearest cover while biting back a curse, keeping his blaster ready.

Move to P10

Stealth roll! [roll0]

Using a FP on this, too. [roll1]

Stealth check total: 20

Perception check! [roll2]

Felhammer
2012-06-21, 06:53 PM
Lok sighs, A bomb. Lovely.

Lok clears his throat and speaks to the group as a whole, "Regardless of whether he is telling the truth or not, we cannot let the Droid fall into the hands of the Sith." Lok looks around the arid plane, "We're too exposed here out in the open. We should find a safe shelter."

The Kel Dor looks to Ren, "That bunker may or may not be safe. I believe we as Jedi was the best suited to make that assessment."

Ballista
2012-06-21, 07:00 PM
A couple of Speeder bikes burst from the open hangar bay, into the dunes. Behind them, the door slides shut again with an almost deafening thud. Before they travel far, they manage to spot your obviously exposed bodies standing outside the entrance and they circle around, heading back toward the hangar.

OOC: This gives Igniv and Krish a round before they manage to return.
Also, Krish and Igniv, roll initiative if you will...

SoullessGinger
2012-06-21, 07:01 PM
@Airdan
Premeditated Retort: Oh I do apologize if I've somehow confused you, I am no simple walking bomb. I possess the Gravity well created by several hundred planets, enough power to crush entire star system to fine pieces.
As for what you believe the premise of my creation to be, I assure you my intentions are not to damage the Sith.

"Interesting. What are your intentions then?"

Lok sighs, A bomb. Lovely.

Lok clears his throat and speaks to the group as a whole, "Regardless of whether he is telling the truth or not, we cannot let the Droid fall into the hands of the Sith." Lok looks around the arid plane, "We're too exposed here out in the open. We should find a safe shelter."

The Kel Dor looks to Ren, "That bunker may or may not be safe. I believe we as Jedi was the best suited to make that assessment."

"Not just a bomb. A weapon with enough payload to destroy planets, or maybe even a system. We definitely cannot allow the Sith to take this droid. This whole planet is supposed to be uninhabited. What's a bunker like that even doing here? And what does it have to do with you being Jedi?"

Felhammer
2012-06-21, 07:07 PM
Attempting to sound knowledgeable yet caring, the Kel Dor explains, "The Bunker is seeped in the Dark Side of the Force. There are many possible explanations for this, from there are Sith down there (highly unlikely) to there simply being an item used by a powerful Dark Side user that has retained its owner's aura. We Jedi can find the root cause quite quickly."

Ballista
2012-06-21, 07:10 PM
@Aidan
As the droid turns to speak to you, his photoreceptors dim yet again. As they reboot, his left eye reverts to the same crimson it was previously.
Observation: Well organic, it seems that we are at a bit of a stand still. You want to know about my inner machinations and I want to get off this god forsaken rock.
I'll tell you what, you find me a nice pair of legs, and I'll give you a tidbit of my knowledge, only enough so that your little carbon based mind can comprehend.

SoullessGinger
2012-06-21, 07:10 PM
"Understood. Well that gives us two problems. Keeping this droid away from the Sith on a planet with Sith presence. Think they've got a transport there? I wouldn't mind kicking them in the teeth and stealing their ship."

kind_of_a_ROBOT
2012-06-21, 07:11 PM
Nodding, Ren smirks. "Well...we won't know anything until we check it out." He unholsters and examines the blaster at his hip. Reholstering it, he does the same with the lightsaber hanging next to it, and the blaster rifle hanging at his side. Well then...shall we?

SoullessGinger
2012-06-21, 07:12 PM
@Aidan
As the droid turns to speak again, his photoreceptors dim yet again. As they reboot, his left eye reverts to the same crimson it was previously.
Observation: Well organic, it seems that we are at a bit of a stand still. You want to know about my inner machinations and I want to get off this god forsaken rock.
I'll tell you what, you find me a nice pair of legs, and I'll give you a tidbit of my knowledge, only enough so that your little carbon based mind can comprehend.

"Ha. You're going about this all wrong, scrapheap. You give me a convincing reason to keep you intact, or I dismantle you and start dumping your parts into stars on my way out of this system. What are you going to do? Detonate? All you can do here is take out a flyspeck of an uninhabited planet."

Felhammer
2012-06-21, 07:12 PM
The Kel Dor nods in agreement, "How heavy is the droid? Could one of us carry him for the interim?"

Drugged dwarf
2012-06-21, 07:16 PM
She had been listening in to the droid as it spoke, her eyes rather glossed over. She stared at it mouth agape, her thoughts racing so fast that she entirely forgot about the - now apparent - jedi surivors, as an angry hand slammed into the side of the shuttle.

"What the... why would... Are you kidding? What on this side of the galaxy makes you think we'll do any of this trekking across to wherever it is that you want us to go! Why did all of this happen? there were countless lives on board that ship that just crashed for you, just so you can go sit pretty in some sith hellhole! And why did you take our memories of the trip away, but tell us your purpose?"

"Why in the world did you choose us and leave all the others to die?"

SoullessGinger
2012-06-21, 07:17 PM
Nodding to Lok, Ren turns to Aidan. "You heard Igniv, there's something...dark, in that bunker. If its the Sith...what my collegue here means is that if anyone is going, we both volunteer. And he's right, we can't stay here." He smirks, and unholsters the blaster at his hip. After giving it a quick look, he reholsters it and does the same with lightsaber. "Shall we?"

Aidan frowns, "Watch your tone, son. The only orders we know of come down from the Supreme Chancellor, meaning this is a military op. So unless one of you has a commission I don't know about this is likely my mission. Now I'll defer to your expertise for matters like Sith Lords and artifacts, but you're talking about marching into a bunker full of Sith with no backup. So let's all agree to be reasonable and find out what we are dealing with both here and in that bunker. If we are going to storm a bunker full of Sith, let's make sure we bring every weapon we've got."

Felhammer
2012-06-21, 07:19 PM
Lok looks at Asha, "Calm yourself, no good can come from anger. Especially, not on this world."

Ballista
2012-06-21, 07:25 PM
@Aidan
Threatening Reassurance: I am as competent in my current state as I am fully repaired.
With reflexes unnatural to most droids, his hand reaches up; aiming for Aidan's throat. His hand shoots out from his forearm and you feel his icy, mechanical claws grab a hold of the soft flesh under your chin, the force of the impact flings your body backwards and out of the shuttle.
Satisfied with his work, the droid lies back down and begins to hum himself what one presumes to be a melody if not for his rather scratchy voice.

kind_of_a_ROBOT
2012-06-21, 07:26 PM
"Orders? Like taking this Project Darkstar to Korriban?"

Ren sighs heavily, Lok wasn't wrong about their expertise as Jedi, but he left that life behind to join this fight. And, like it or not, now he was in a chain of command. "So...what are your orders then...sir?" he says, resigned.

kind_of_a_ROBOT
2012-06-21, 07:31 PM
He watches as Aidan is flung from the shuttle, instinctivly drawing his blaster and leveling it at the droid.

"Permission to slag this thing, sir?

And then to the droid, Shall we find out if you'll go off, if I blow you to pieces?"

Felhammer
2012-06-21, 07:37 PM
Lok draws his double bladed lightsaber, flicks one side on and brings the yellow blade down inches from the droid's skull, "Give me a reason why I should not destroy you where you stand beast?"

Lok will ready an action to destroy the droid, if the order from his superior officer is give.

Ballista
2012-06-21, 07:39 PM
@Ren
Observation: It seems that I was being threatened, surely acting in self defense does not warrant my "slagging." Or are basic rights not conferred to droids?
As he finished his sentence, his left eye shifted color yet again... this time to a calm blue.
Statement: I would gladly discuss these going-ons in a more civilized manner, if you promise to keep that one,
motioning at Aidan,
Away from me. Now, I heard you mention a bunker?

SoullessGinger
2012-06-21, 07:42 PM
Aidan climbs to his feet and unlimbers his rifle. (Both are move actions, he'll start firing next turn when he can brace.)

"Granted."

@Ren
Observation: It seems that I was being threatened, surely acting in self defense does not warrant my "slagging." Or are basic rights not conferred to droids?
As he finished his sentence, his left eye shifted color yet again... this time to a calm blue.
Statement: I would gladly discuss these going-ons in a more civilized manner, if you promise to keep that one,
motioning at Aidan,
Away from me. Now, I heard you mention a bunker?

"No, they aren't."

Aidan braces his rifle then uses Burst Fire.

Attack Roll 1d20+5
Damage (if it hits) 5d12+1

Felhammer
2012-06-21, 07:45 PM
"Aye, aye, sir." Lok takes his saber and thrusts it into the head casing of the Droid, hoping to pierce its droid brain, while leaving the rest of the droid safe.

Initiative: [roll0]
Attack Roll: [roll1]
Damage: [roll2]

SoullessGinger
2012-06-21, 07:45 PM
(Forgot rolls don't work in edits.)

Attack Roll [roll0]
Damage (if it hits) [roll1]

Ballista
2012-06-21, 07:54 PM
Giddy Observation: Oh, this is just wonderful.
The droid reaches for Lok's lightsaber and grabs the middle of the hilt, near the blade emitter, and wretches it from the Kel Dor's grasp and throwing it to the ground. [Disarm]
Aidan's shots go wild, the blaster bolts create pockmarks all around the interior of the shuttle, some barely centimeters away from the leaked fuel.

thechosen2nd
2012-06-21, 07:57 PM
Initiative! [roll0]

Krish's head is reeling. It's still unclear how Igniv knows that this is a sith trap, but if there's one think Krish knows, its that any survival operation requires complete trust in one's comrades. Still, he is hesitant to assume that these are enemies. He utters a curse and steels himself for the approaching fight.

Krish falls prone on the sand covered platform, blaster pointed forward at the oncoming speeders. He then takes a deep breath, and carefully aims through the targeting scope of his blaster pistol at the rider on the closest speeder bike. Face a mask of utter focus, he emits a low growl.

OOC: That's three swift actions. (I assumed by "a round" you meant a full round. I'm now ready to fire ignoring partial cover at one rider as though he were one range category closer than he is next round. Being prone, ranged attacks against me are -5.
I'd also like to use my Ambush Specialist talent, selecting the speederbike I am aiming at as my "prime target" giving me a +2 attack bonus against him. (this is a free action.)

"I will follow your lead, Igniv" he yells across the doorway.

kind_of_a_ROBOT
2012-06-21, 07:59 PM
Taking cover from Aidan's burst, Ren takes aim and fires his blaster at the droid.

attack - [roll0]
damage - [roll1]

Ballista
2012-06-21, 08:02 PM
OOC: Aidan and Ren, roll initiative. For this round I'm going with who posts first with the exception of Lok.
Ren's shot hits the droid neatly in the chest, melting away part of his armor.

The-Mage-King
2012-06-21, 08:02 PM
"Choke on this!" Igniv yells, thrusting his left hand out at the pilot Krish isn't aiming at, before being wrapped in a stealth field..

As discussed, using Force Grip.

UTF: [roll0]

Base damage (DC 15): [roll1]

DC 20: +[roll2]

DC 25: +[roll3]

Total damage: 21

If it beats his Fort defense, he's only able to take a swift.

Speaking of which... Spending a swift to activate my Stealth Field Generator.

SoullessGinger
2012-06-21, 08:09 PM

kind_of_a_ROBOT
2012-06-21, 08:09 PM

Next round: fire again
attack - [roll1]
damage - [roll2]

Ballista
2012-06-21, 08:15 PM
@The Hangar
Krish and Igniv both see the driver of the leftmost speeder bike lose control of the speeder as his hands reach up, clawing at the invisible hands at his throat before slumping onto his controls.
The vehicle swerves left to right as it approaches your positions.
The second pilot sees his partner straining to breathe and immediately air brakes the speeder and jumps behind it for cover.
With its pilot dead the bike makes a 180 degree turn, tumbling towards the other pilot. You hear a loud scream as the speeders collide, leaving a large plume of fire and smoke their place.

Felhammer
2012-06-21, 08:17 PM
Lok uses the Force to summon his blade to his hand. In a single fluid motion, he ignites one blade and drives it into the droid's cranium once more. Next turn:

Move Action: UtF To Move Light Object and call my saber back to my hand: [roll0] (looking for a DC 10).
Swift Action: Ignite the Blade.
Standard: Stab the Droid: [roll1]
Damage: [roll2] (forgot the saber staff was a 2 handed weapon, so I get double STR on damage)

SoullessGinger
2012-06-21, 08:19 PM
Bracing (two swift actions), Firing at the droid (Standard)

"Get clear of the shuttle!"

Attack [roll0]
Damage [roll1]

The-Mage-King
2012-06-21, 08:21 PM
"Problem... solved." Igniv says, holstering his blaster and uncloaking.

"Before you ask, yes, I can use the Force. No, I am not a Jedi. Nor am I a Sith." He says, turning to Kresh as he looks into the hangar.

"So, let's have a look around. See if there's a ship to steal. "

kind_of_a_ROBOT
2012-06-21, 08:29 PM
OOC:
Edit: On my next turn, Ren will take a move action to get out of the shuttle before taking that failed shot.

Ballista
2012-06-21, 08:29 PM
@The Shuttle
The droid, obviously enraged at this point, aims its arm at the jedi with his hand clenched in a fist. He propels the hand out of his forearm and into the Kel Dor's face and you hear an audible crunch as the fist breaks one of the Jedi's tusks.
Kol takes 14 points damage

Ballista
2012-06-21, 08:31 PM
OOC:
Edit: On my next turn, Ren will take a move action to get out of the shuttle before taking that failed shot.

OOC: Umm, you can't alter your actions after you post it...

Ballista
2012-06-21, 08:40 PM
@Lok
As you take aim to stab the droid in the head, he shifts his body to the left; throwing off your aim and placing you between him and the soldier. The lightsaber embeds itself deep into the bulkhead.

@Aidan
You take another shot at the droid; but as the droid moves to avoid the Jedi's smite, your bolt narrowly misses the top of Lok's head. The shot manages to singe the side of the Kel Dor's head and plant itself again in the bulkhead.

@Ren
Again, you lean the blaster close to your face, aiming for the droid that you slagged earlier. You feel the sweat pour down your face as you squeeze the trigger, but at the last second, your hand twitches, sending your shot wide and into the fuel storage...

kind_of_a_ROBOT
2012-06-21, 08:41 PM
OOC: Umm, you can't alter your actions after you post it...

OOC: Ok, sorry. Fair enough, won't happen again

Felhammer
2012-06-21, 08:42 PM
Lok winces as one of his prized tusks is broken asunder. He withdraws his blade, Lok limps towards Ren, "That droid had a good bit of strength..."

Lok is at 16 HP :smalleek:

kind_of_a_ROBOT
2012-06-21, 08:46 PM
Watching in horror as his shot misses, Ren dashes from the shuttle as quickly as possible. Lok! Get out of there, now!

On next turn: move action to get out of shuttle, if nothing happens, fire again.

attack - [roll0]
damage - [roll1]

Felhammer
2012-06-21, 08:47 PM
Lok turns around and calls upon the force to stop the droid from following.

Force Slam: Use The Force check: [roll0] vs. the droid's fort
Use a Force Point to increase the damage to 6d6

Damage: [roll1]

thechosen2nd
2012-06-21, 08:51 PM
OOC:
1. Well, you made that look easy. I guess that's what you get for rolling a perfect 20 +13 with UTF...
2. I thought the hangar doors closed?
3. "it's a trap." <- I smiled.

Krish looks at Igniv with awe. He had never seen such a powerful display of force usage before, nor one so fearsome. To be honest, he thought mercilessly killing enemies by chocking them with the force was a signature move of the sith... He doesn't truly know how to react yet, nor is is confident he can trust his companion anymore. But for now, he decides to play it cool.

"I had my suspicions... I was kind of wondering what you thought standing in front of the door looking like you needed to take a dump would to..." he says with a cheeky grin.

"We should be thorough, anyway... see what these guys had on them, and maybe get a clue on who they are, and who they're they're working for."

With that, Krish walks up to the smashed speeder bikes to discern what he can about the riders from the wreck.

Ballista
2012-06-21, 08:52 PM
@The Shuttle
A bright flash engulfs your vision as you feel yourselves being thrown back into the sand. The heat of a thousand white hot suns seem to beat upon your exposed bodies until you begin to feel nirvana as adrenaline pounds through your system. Before you know it, the pain returns unbearable as ever... until you black out...
Everyone at the site of the Shuttle immediately takes 21 Fire damage and moves down the Condition track to Unconscious.

@The Hangar
You both see a white flash in the distance and feel the decompressed air of an explosion wash over you, accompanied by a wave of sand. A great pillar of smoke arises from where the shuttle was located.

thechosen2nd
2012-06-21, 08:56 PM
...forgot to actually roll for perception...

Perception:[roll0]
Searching the bodies for evidence that they are with the sith, as well as what weapons they have on them, etc.
Also would be nice to know if those speeder bikes are functional... though that seems preeetty unlikely.

Ballista
2012-06-21, 08:59 PM
@Krish
The destruction caused by the crash became evident as you approached the bikes, now an indistinguishable mangled heap of durasteel and glass on the ground. The armor of the pilots, however, marked them as obvious Sith soldiers; with their black underlayer and chrome armored plates. The blasters are no where to be found and were likely to have been destroyed in the crash.

The-Mage-King
2012-06-21, 09:16 PM
OoC: Derp.

Well, it'll BE open soon enough... :smalltongue:

"Do I really look like that when concentrating?" Igniv asks, turning towards Krish.

"And honestly? I was not planning for that to happen. I thought maybe I'd make one of them veer off into a tree, not into his buddy. At any rate, I think I'll open this door."

With that, he reaches to the small of his back, pulling out a lightsaber.

A snap-hiss (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vq47cnMiTyI), and a yellow blade extends.

At which point the blast from the shuttle site hits, catching him off guard.

"Right. First priority is simple. Get a ship. Then we get them. Sound good?"

Ballista
2012-06-21, 09:22 PM
@Igniv
As you strike the door with your sword, an invisible force stops your blade from reaching the actual gate. It appears that there is an energy/kinetic shield blocking your attacks.

The-Mage-King
2012-06-21, 09:25 PM
Muttering a curse, Igniv looks to the side of the door, seeing if it's unsheilded.

Always happens. Every time, the door is protected from lightsabers...

Also, field detection on the wall! UtF: [roll0]

DC is 15

Ballista
2012-06-21, 09:29 PM
Ooc: The side of the door? Its imbedded into the side of the mountain.

The-Mage-King
2012-06-21, 09:32 PM
OoC: Yep. Q10, on the map. Mountainside to the side of the door.

Ballista
2012-06-21, 10:09 PM
OOC: I see what you mean

The area around the gate seems unshielded, the dense rock surrounding the entrance will be rather thick and would take quite a while to cut through.

thechosen2nd
2012-06-21, 10:11 PM
"Sithspit. We've got to do something, and fast."

Krish tries yelling into his comlink, "Aidan?! Asha?! Is anyone there? What happened?"

Hearing no response, Krish begins to assume the worst. Sitting down now to the side of the door near where Igniv is examining the mountainside, Krish starts thinking aloud.

"Okay. So the shuttle finally exploded, most likely. No one is responding, so they must have been caught in the blast. Walking back there probably isn't going to do much good, but sitting around here isn't either. We either need to find a way into this building, or find another option, and fast."

"So here's my best plan so far:
I bet if we bang on that door, we can draw some more speeders out in no time. This time though, we try to keep the bikes intact. Maybe its a bit reckless, but it's all I've got. What do you think?"

The-Mage-King
2012-06-21, 10:16 PM
"I think I'll try and cut through the wall beside it." Igniv replies, looking at the mountain side. "The door is resistant to lightsaber attacks, but I don't sense any fields on this part of the mountain. I'll see if I can cut into the machinery, and get around the door that way."

"Hold on. I'm checking on at least one of the others."

Farseeing, targeting... Taren.

UTF: [roll0]

DC is 18, or 30, if he's dead.

If it succeeds, force point to be able to see his surroundings.

With that, he starts hacking at the wall, trying to slice through enough to get at the sensitive mechanisms of the door.

Ballista
2012-06-21, 10:28 PM
@Igniv
You feel Taren's life force, swinging by a thread over a pit of darknes, a void. He is very much alive, but death is creeping ever so closer.

Your blade cuts wide swaths into the rock, but at this rate, you might as well be beating the wall with a dead Mynock.

EDIT: Sorry about that...
All you see is devastation around him, crumpled pieces of molten slag lie around the area. Several limp bodies litter the explosion as well, though you see no one moving to stand or crawl away.
All that remains of the shuttle are broken wings that flew away from the initial explosion and a heap of durasteel that had more or less been the shuttle's cargo hold.
Suddenly a hand reaches out from the wreckage, burning red with heat, followed by the head of a droid. Sparks fly out of the its obviously severed left arm as it drags itself onto the desert floor with its sole remaining appendage. It drags itself to Taren's body, you see that the droid's hand has retracted and a needle fills its place, filled with a transparent, blue liquid. The droid injects the contents of the syringe before collapsing next to the Taren.

The-Mage-King
2012-06-21, 10:40 PM
OoC: And the Force Point to view surroundings? :smalltongue:

"...This is taking too long. Maybe we SHOULD knock. Or at least search for an access panel." Igniv says, stepping away from the small cut.

Perception check to search the door for an access panel: [roll0]

Down Comforter
2012-06-21, 10:45 PM
Taren blinks and everything happens so fast. Before he can even think to move he is launched off his feet by the blast. As his vision darkens around him, his last conscious thought is, "If the blast doesn't get him, I'm going to kill that thrice-cursed blaster jockey."

thechosen2nd
2012-06-21, 10:48 PM
"But that could take hours! We don't have-"
Krish begins to protest, but seeing the determined look on Igniv's face, he can see that his opinion won't be swayed.

"Sighhh. If it's resistant to light saber attacks, trying to hammer it with my fists will probably be pretty futile. Alright. In that case, the only useful thing I can think of to do is search the rest of the mountainside for another door. Keep me posted on the comm."

Krish takes off up the mountain, down the path he first saw, long before this fiasco took a turn for the worse. [the steep byway probably used by local wildlife.] His concern for stealth out the window, Krish desperately scans all around him along this steep ascent looking for more glimmers of metal, or signs of life.

Perception: [roll]1d20+8[roll]
Dunno if you want climb/endurance or anything, but it can't hurt to post it:
Climb: [roll]1d20+1[roll]
Endurance: [roll]1d20+8[roll]

thechosen2nd
2012-06-21, 10:50 PM
hm..
Climb: [roll1]
Endurance: [roll2]

Ballista
2012-06-21, 10:58 PM
@Igniv
Filled with frustration, you chuck a rock at the door; if simply to vent your anger. You trace the rocks trajectory, as it lands neatly next to a seam in the metal platform you stand on. You approach the break in the metal to discover a maintenance panel built into the ground.

@Krish
You successfully climb 5 meters off the ground before you lose your footing and plummet into the ground. Fortunately, the loose sand cushions your fall.

@Taren
You begin to regain consciousness as the chemical the droid injected into your system begins to do its job, healing any sort of internal bleeding and mortal injuries. Though slow at first, your mind groggily turns back on.
Move one level up on the Condition track.

Down Comforter
2012-06-21, 11:15 PM
Taren struggle to his knees, trailing blood. Moving first to check on each individually, Taren tries to stabilize those he can, starting with the Khil.

Perception roll to check for injuries or Treat Injury, whichever is better:
Perception:
[roll0]
Treat Injury
[roll1]

He sighs in frustration as he passes the dead Jedi. "I thought you Jedi were supposed to be wise. Sithspit to that." Moving on he makes sure Aidan is still alive, draws his stun pistol and shoots him. "That's to make sure you don't get anyone else killed, you stupid fool." He kicks him, winces in pain, and tries to move everyone away from the wreck, tending to them as was needed.

He slumps to the ground, pulls out his com unit, and signals the scouts. Coughing, "Come in, we need help. That damn "lieutenant" decided it would be a good idea to try and shoot the fuel supply. Everyone is down and the Kel Dor is dead. I'm tending to them as well as I can, but I'm bleeding heavily as well. Please respond."

Ballista
2012-06-21, 11:20 PM
@Taren
Though you bandage and place pressure on the most serious of Asha's wounds, blood still oozes from numerous locations on her body.
As you shoot Aidan with the stun pistol, his limp body convulse from the shot, his flailing arms almost knock you over.

The-Mage-King
2012-06-21, 11:29 PM
Getting the comm message as he kneels down to look at the panel, Igniv lets loose a sigh of relief.

"I may have found a way into the bunker. A couple of bikes came out of it a minute or two ago, and I managed to take them out." He says back, waving Krish over. "I've got a feeling there's a ship or some other form of transport inside here. Want us to see about getting something, or just head back?"

thechosen2nd
2012-06-21, 11:44 PM
Coming in on his comm, Krish replies,
"Well I'm glad you're being met with more success than I am Igniv! I'll come back to the doorway."

Upon returning to the hangar door, Krish awaits a response from Taren with Igniv to formulate a plan.

Down Comforter
2012-06-21, 11:59 PM
Tarren sighs and sets the holo comm next to himself in the sand "I'd like to say go ahead, but to be honest I can't hold things together here by myself, I'm just about down and out and these people need medical assistance."

The-Mage-King
2012-06-22, 12:37 AM
"I'm not sure that I'd be that much help, honestly. I know how to patch up a blaster hole, but not much else." Igniv replies, looking to Krish.

"What about you?"

Down Comforter
2012-06-22, 12:45 PM
"I'm not all that concerned about skill at the moment. I'm missing a bit more blood than I would deem necessary, which makes it a bit difficult for me to do anything."

Ballista
2012-06-22, 01:02 PM
Krish:
I honestly think we should get back to the shuttle, I doubt that I'd be of much use inside that metal tomb.
Krish motions toward the hangar gates.
I can patch up the survivors, and we can get the whole group together before we go charging into the Sith base.

The-Mage-King
2012-06-22, 01:50 PM
"I suppose that's the best course of action." Igniv says, closing up the panel and remembering its location.

"Let's hurry."

Ballista
2012-06-22, 01:56 PM
DM Voice:
The Sun, as quickly as it had risen only hours before, begins to set again to the west. The world begins to become shrouded by darkness as the light that had shined so brightly was now extinguished.

Krish:
The dark does not bode well for those likes us, stranded in the wilderness. I can try to find our way back to the shuttle, but it'll be rather difficult in the dark.

The Cathar walks into the desert, searching for familiar landscapes and dunes in the sands.
Survival Check: [roll0]

Down Comforter
2012-06-22, 01:58 PM
Taren sets about creating shelter from the wreckage and attempts to start a fire, his vision unhindered by the growing darkness.

Ballista
2012-06-22, 02:03 PM
DM Voice:

Fast Forward a couple of hours

Krish follows the plants that you have encountered earlier, the biological pillars are still rather visible, even in the relative darkness. Krish and Igniv make it back to the shuttle site without incident.
The spacecraft, still in a mess of melted steel and metals, lies in a small crater. The fires have mostly extinguished themselves, refusing to burn any longer.
The bodies lie where they were thrown, most with major burns and wide gashes on their bodies and the droid lies motionless where it had dragged itself earlier to revive Taren.
Igniv and Krish spot a crudely constructed shelter, made from dragging several loose plates of durasteel into a sort of dome, and covered with some tattered fabrics.

Ballista
2012-06-22, 03:35 PM
Krish:
The Cathar strides across the site to the nearest of his injured companions, in this case, the broken body of the female Khil. Pulling out his medpac, Krish immediately went to work, sterilizing and bandaging the most immediately endangering wounds.
Treat Injury Check to perform First Aid: [roll0]

The majority of the cuts stop bleeding and the burns caused by the explosion have been sterilized to prevent infection.
Asha gains 9 HP and moves up the Condition Track one step to -10 and regains consciousness.

Ballista
2012-06-22, 03:47 PM
Krish now runs towards Ren, hoping to get him back on his feet like Asha.
Ren gains 17 HP and moves up the Condition Track to -10.

@Ren
Your eyes begin to open and close slowly as you regain usage of your mental faculties... again.

Searching for the Kel Dor and the other soldier, Krish was only able to find the remnants of what appeared to have been a lightsaber at some point, now reduced to a pile of silvery slag...

Turning solemnly to Igniv, Krish lets out a small sigh.
Two of our companions were lost to the explosion, Aidan and Lok. Their loss should not be in vain. We have the cover of night, surely we get into the Sith base and blast those schuttas.

Down Comforter
2012-06-22, 03:50 PM
Taren weakly raises a hand to the Cathar. "If you could give me a hand with a medpac, I am trained to perform first aid."

He pauses, "Oh, and the droid seems to be active still. Give it a wide berth, but don't take any aggressive action towards it. It's quite efficient."

Ballista
2012-06-22, 03:59 PM
Krish approaches Taren, giving him a superficial examination as he walks calmly towards the small shelter.
Sithspit, how'd you stay conscious after that blast, it should have knocked the credit chips out of a Hutt's hands... Don't tell me you're a damn Jedi too...
Krish drops to one knee and helps bandage Taren up.
Taren gains 13 HP and moves a step up the Condition Track.

Down Comforter
2012-06-22, 04:10 PM
"Nothing to do with me, I'm afraid. I woke up with the droid pumping chems into me. I haven't paid much attention to it as I was a bit preoccupied with the bleeding, fire, death, and whatnot."

Taren struggles to his feet and glances around the immediate area. "Is there anyone else that needs attention? What did you two find at the bunker?"

Ballista
2012-06-22, 04:13 PM
I've take care of everyone left, but I think Igniv is more suitable to answer questions about the base... I was ahh, climbing you see...

OOC: lets wait for TMK to respond..

So what exactly happened here, something about the droid?

kind_of_a_ROBOT
2012-06-22, 04:25 PM
Ren's eyes open momentarily, and all he takes in is darkeness. His ears are still ringing from the explosion, and is certainly conviced that he is dead. Suddenly he sits up, gasping..."Wh...what happened?" He looks around at the remains of the shuttle, and his companions wide eyed. He tries to think back...remembering a blaster shot going wide and...oh...oh...god."

Down Comforter
2012-06-22, 04:32 PM
Moving to tend to Ren, Taren talks as he works.

Treat Injury
[roll0]

"The "Lieutenant" over there decided that it would be a good idea to order an attack on the droid after he was tossed out of the shuttle when he threatened it. Ren, Aidan, and the Kel Dor attacked it. Something happened, the shuttle went up, and I woke up shortly before I got in touch with the two of you."

kind_of_a_ROBOT
2012-06-22, 05:02 PM
Ren stares at the remnants of the shuttle in a daze, nodding at Telan's story..."I...hit the fuel lines...damn that fraggin' luitenant! Where is he?!"

Drugged dwarf
2012-06-22, 07:12 PM
There she was again.

Nar shadaa. Daytime. Her mother. That dress. Little Asha, leaning forward, watching the light display above her. She had been fixated, drawn in by its colours, its touch, its glare. They blinked in and out, advertising false dreams, fast money, loose persons of the opposite gender.

But it was the colours that held her. Colours that swirled above her head. Constantly changing, flickering, showing an endless possiblity of light that she had never truely noticed back in those days.

She remembered, as she watched herself gasp and giggle, that she always liked colours. How they worked, how they acted. She wanted to be an artist. Have them at the palm of her hand. Feel them running through her fingers, and doing her every bidding.

But that was then. This was now.

Now she was waking up, and it was not a pleasant alarm.

For the first moment she opened her eyes, she had feared she had gone blind from the explosion. The bright sun was gone, the wind was cold, and the air itself tasted of death. A shocked breath later, the sillouettes of the others came through to her. She smiled, her fear disapearing, and tried to move.

Asha screamed, once again, clutching her sides in pain. She had not expected to be so much pain, nor that she would be this badly disabled. To have been this close to the blast, yet only this injured was a miracle in itself, one that she feared she might not get a chance to use again.

She looked down at herself, and shrugged, before falling back to the ground. The injuries were nowhere near as severe as she initially thought, mostly thanks to the copious amount of bandages that covered her body. However parts of here seemed to still be bleeding, and it was taking all the strength she could muster not to just pass out till the equivalent of a morning on this planet.

From her posistion on the ground, she called out: "At thie risk... of sounding a little... confused... what on earth just happened? Did anyone else make it? Adian? Ren? Taren?"

Down Comforter
2012-06-22, 07:17 PM
From his comfortable pile of rubble near Asha, Taren stirs. "It seems the gun battle undertaken by our noble compatriots seeking the destruction of half a droid has resulted in the destruction of our shuttle. Stray shot hit the fuel reserves."

He shifts his weight to try and get comfortable. He sighs, "we lost the Kel Dor Jedi in the blast and the rest are down but alive. The scouts returned and Krish is tending to them as best he can."

Ballista
2012-06-22, 07:21 PM
Krish:
Hearing Asha's screams, Krish runs to her side to attempt to help her. He pulls out the medpac and grabs a stim and quickly injects the contents of the syringe into Asha's arm, hoping to numb the pain.
Calm down, there's been an explosion Aidan and Lok are dead, but everyone else is alive... well for now.

Down Comforter
2012-06-22, 07:24 PM
"Might as well take a look at the droid, now that I'm mostly fixed..." Taren stands and slumps over to the droid, checking to see if it's still functional.

Drugged dwarf
2012-06-22, 07:28 PM
"Oh. Good. So we didn't all just die then... that's... a bonus..."

Her voice sounded almost sarcastic, but it was more likely that she was busy trying to fight the pain within.

"I am getting rather tired of waking up covered in my own blood now. Krish? Other guy? What happened.. at the.. my goodness what I would not do for a drink right now... what happened at the base? I was trying to contact you when the shuttle went off."

Ballista
2012-06-22, 07:30 PM
From a preliminary observation, the droid actually seems fairly undamaged, aside from the fact that his right arm has been severed and sparks are flying from the exposed wiring. His photoreceptors remain dim, indicating that he is currently powered down. Several points of his armor seemed to have been melted but apart from that, it's the same half a droid you saw earlier.

Down Comforter
2012-06-22, 07:34 PM
Taren kneels next to it and flips it on it's back. "If you can hear me, I don't mean any harm. Are you still functional?"

Ballista
2012-06-22, 07:38 PM
The droid remains limp and nonfunctional as you kick it over.
Mechanics Check?

Down Comforter
2012-06-22, 07:40 PM
Taren calls to any of the others in the area, "Are any of you good at working with droids? I need some help re-activating it."

The-Mage-King
2012-06-22, 07:44 PM
"It's definitely a sith base. I took out a pair of speederbikes that were leaving on patrol." Igniv replies to Asha, before glancing towards the Miralukan.

"I don't think that we should be trying to fix that right now. First priority is getting everyone back on their feet, then getting a ship. Then we can deal with it."

"Maybe by dropping it into a sun, and jumping to hyperspace..." He mutters under his breath.

"Oh, yes. Forgot to introduce myself. Igniv Percron, at your service."

Ballista
2012-06-22, 08:04 PM
@Igniv
From the light cast by the dwindling flames, you see a flash immediately off to your right (assuming you're facing inside the shelter).
It's gone in an instant and you immediately hear the engines of a speeder zoom past you.

OOC: Huzzah, it is time to roll initiative!

Down Comforter
2012-06-22, 08:17 PM
Hearing the noise from the speeders, Taren stays crouched down next to the droid and seeks out the nearest cover.

Initiative
[roll0]

kind_of_a_ROBOT
2012-06-22, 10:55 PM
Upon hearing the speeder, Ren struggles to feat, his hand moving to his blaster. But he freezes for a moment, and draws his lightsaber instead. Igniting the green blade, he glaces around for possible cover, and tries to acquire the enemy by sight.

Drugged dwarf
2012-06-23, 01:51 AM
Asha took a deeper breath, letting the shot from the medpac work its magic on her once again. She rose from her posistion, now taking that of someone crouching, thanked Krish for his help.

"To be honest, that could have gone better. Sorry for having to call you back from the bunker on such short notice, but we weren't in the posistion or state to just sit back wait it out. Hey, we're still alive right?"

At which point, the sound of speeders can be heard.

"For the love... I really need to stop saying that."

INITIATIVE: [roll0]

Asha cries out almost angrily. "Would it kill someone to cut a bleeding khil some slack?!"

Ballista
2012-06-23, 11:00 AM
You see several sith, clad in red armor, jump off their speeders and land on the soft sandy dunes. The trooper closest to Asha unsheathes a vibrosword and charges at Igniv, the most apparent danger of the group.
For Revan! He ends movement at J-15.

Another trooper, wearing a set of jet back robes over his armor, steps forward from his speeder and ignites his blood red lightsaber. He drops the saber to his side and runs directly at the shuttle.
Sacrifice Standard Action for Move Action and ends turn at M-10

A third trooper steps out from behind his speeder, and unclasps a rifle from the side of his vehicle. Moving to a more advantageous location, he unloads a torrent of blaster bolts in Taren's general direction, The vast majority of which land harmlessly into the melted carcass of the shuttle, none of the bolts came anywhere near Taren.
Move Action to S-17.

thechosen2nd
2012-06-23, 04:26 PM
Krish curses, thinking to himself: I can't believe they caught me sursprised. I should have seen this coming!

He quickly unholsters his blaster, growls loudly, and fires a shot at the sith trooper charging the group (at j-5)

[roll0]

*don't know if this takes a penalty for concealment in the dark?*

[roll1]

Ballista
2012-06-23, 04:40 PM
OOC: The light from the fires caused by the explosion is sufficient enough to illuminate the area around the shuttle, but they're slowly dwindling. (They'll go out in 10 rounds)

@Krish
Your blaster bolt hits the trooper in the leg, staggering him for a second and slagging his greave. He falters and nearly falls flat on his face but regains his balance seconds before.

The last of the troopers grabs a rifle similar to the other Sith's from his speeder. However, unlike his ally, he braces the weapon and takes aim at Taren.

Down Comforter
2012-06-23, 06:23 PM
Growling under his breath, Taren draws his stun pistol takes aim, and lets loose a bolt of stunning energy at the nearest sith trooper that is charging the group.

Attack
[roll0]

Damage
[roll1] stun damage

Ballista
2012-06-23, 06:46 PM
@Taren
The shot couldn't be any more perfect as the blue bolt nails the trooper straight in the chest. The sith clutches at his chest as the faint light of static crawls throughout his armor. In a fraction of a second, he falls to the ground incapacitated.

Drugged dwarf
2012-06-24, 11:24 AM
There was no time to be scared or worried - their would be opponents were certain to not give them any leeway, nor were they going to wait for her to stop bleeding.

She called out. "Taren! LOOK OUT!" as she took a deep breath, and struggled to pull herself together.

ACTIONS
3 Swift actions - Shrug it off to move up condition track 1 step.

The-Mage-King
2012-06-24, 04:15 PM
Drawing his lightsaber and activating it witha a snap-hiss, Igniv thrusts a hand out at the sith, pulling the force together at it's throat.

Move: Draw saber.
Swift: Activate. I can't fail the check, so... Not bothering.
Standard: Force Grip on the sith with a saber.

[roll0]

Damage

DC 15: [roll1]
+
DC 20: [roll2]
+
DC 25: [roll3]
=
20 Damage

And again, if my UtF check beats his Fort, he can only take a Swift action on his turn,

Ballista
2012-06-24, 04:41 PM
@Igniv
You feel the Sith's throat between your fingers as you squeeze the air from the man's throat. You can see his feet rise off the ground, his legs flail about in an attempt to find stable ground. Dropping his ignited lightsaber to the ground, the Sith reaches up to his throat instinctively, attempting to break free from the stranglehold.

kind_of_a_ROBOT
2012-06-25, 10:03 AM
Ren tries to calm himself, attempting to strengthen his connection to the Force. Giving himself a moment to collect himself and get a better footing for this fight. Then he calmly draws his lightsaber and dashes around the make-shift shelter.

Swift action - Equilibrium to bring myself back to a normal condition.
Move action - Move to (K-14)

Seeing the pair of soldiers by the speeder bike, he lifts his hand, feeling the Force surge through him and out toward the two Sith...

Standard action - Activate force power, Move Object to pick up and throw the soldier at (S-17) straight backwards 6 squares.

Use The Force - [roll0]

Ballista
2012-06-25, 01:26 PM
The energy flows easily through your arm as you direct a wave of force directly at the Sith. He is flung backwards, he keeps a grip on his rifle as his arms fling around violently in response to suddenly being thrown. He lands on his back several meters away.

The robed Sith drops to the ground, free of Igniv's chokehold. He grabs his still ignted lightsaber off the ground and adopts a defensive stance, holding the lightsaber weakly between you and him.

The Sith Trooper immediatly jumps back on his feet, still rather dazed from the fall and points his blaster directly at Ren. Squeezing the trigger, a spray of red hot bolts come flying out of the barrel. The shots are almost dead on, the super heated plasma hits Ren, scorching his armor.
Ren takes 12 points of Damage.

thechosen2nd
2012-06-25, 05:39 PM
Seeing the smoke rise from Ren's armor, Krish hurries to hiss allies aid. Reaching Ren's side, he hisses at the trooper in front of him as he lowers his blaster and takes a shot.

at P-20:
shot: [roll0]
damage: [roll1]
I'm now at L14

Ballista
2012-06-25, 07:08 PM
@Krish
Perhaps the darkness is getting to you; whatever the reason, your shot scorches the steel plating of a bike... several speeders over...

The Sith Krish had been aiming at finally has Ren lined up in his sights, along with the newly arrived Cathar. Setting the stock against his shoulder, the trooper violently mashed down on the trigger, unleashing a lengthy hail of bolts in the direction of the survivors.

Ren is able to dodge the bolts, as most landed closer to Krish... Luck does not seem to favor the Cathar much, as several bolts land centimeters away from his head; others hit his arms, burning the exposed flesh.
Krish takes 9 points of Damage

Down Comforter
2012-06-25, 07:26 PM
Glaring at the Sith trooper that just fired on the pair near him, Taren throws at an arm and rolls out a long, complicated curse that seems to mix Sith, Basic, and some form of Shyriiwook. Finally finishing his diatribe, Taren takes a moment to catch his breath.

In Basic: "and then I will move onto your mother."

Persuasion check to intimidate to flee:
[roll0]

Swift action to be combined with following two next turn

Down Comforter
2012-06-25, 07:27 PM
Force point:
[roll0]

Ballista
2012-06-25, 08:00 PM
@Taren
The trooper seems to have just paused, staring at your general direction... His masked face gives no hints to his thoughts, but you're pretty sure, along with everyone else within ear shot, that he's rather confused. When you end your rather lengthy and multilingual insult, you can see that the trooper has re-shouldered his rifle taking aim again, this time at you...

Drugged dwarf
2012-06-25, 11:51 PM
Things seemed to se taking a turn ofr the worse - they were inching closer with every moment, and one of the troopers seem to have taken a rather closer shot at Krish than she would have liked.

She struggled to move, but the pain in here rose once again, and she cried out, biting her lip. Holding still, she took a deep breath, and prepared herself to fight

3 Swift Actions - Move up condition track by 1

The-Mage-King
2012-06-26, 12:26 AM
Flipping his lightsaber through a handful of postions, Igniv moves to where he can see the sith, avoiding entering his range.

"Man, this is easy." He mutters, looking at the choking sith, before focusing a second and maintaining the grip.

Move action: Move to L10.

Standard action: Maintain Force Grip

UtF: [roll0]

Damage
=17 damage

Again, if the UtF beats his Fort... Well, he'll be humiliated. Again.

And Swift: Battle Strike, since it doesn't say "during this turn".

UtF 2: [roll4]

This beats the DC 20, so the next attack I make gets +1 and deals +2d6 damage.

kind_of_a_ROBOT
2012-06-26, 06:10 AM
Ren glances at Krish, gritting his teeth against the painful heat burning through his badly damaged armor, "I'm fine. Worry about them. He nods at the two Sith in front of them.

He concentrates, attempting to shroud himself in the Force.

Swift action: put away Lightsaber.
Swift action: draw blaster rifle.
Standard action: Spend Force point to gain Damage Reduction 10 (Talent).

Ballista
2012-06-26, 02:51 PM
The Sith closest to Igniv, the one who's windpipe was being crushes, begins to stop flailing about. You sense that a great amount of power is being drawn inward, into the Sith.

A few meters away, the trooper that was flung backwards by Ren seconds before had finally shrugged off the impact of the fall. His hands still gripped his rifle tightly as he brought it to bear. He takes aim, this time specifically targeting his assailant.
The bolts spray out of the rifle in short bursts, each of the bolts seem to make contact with at least some part of Ren's body. One comes a hair-width away from the man's face, fortunately only impacting on his armored chest.
Ren takes 14 Damage (Including the DR)

kind_of_a_ROBOT
2012-06-26, 05:18 PM
Ren sees the blaster leveled at him, and screws up his face, trying to prepare for the attack.

UTF to Negate Energy.

[roll0]

If it succeeds, spend the force point to add damage dealt to my Hit Points instead.

Ballista
2012-06-26, 06:02 PM
@Ren
A fraction before the bolts pelt your flesh, the force begins to accumulate within you, before it is unleashed in an almost blinding light. The Bolts seem to dissipate as they come closer to you, the energy of the plasma is absorbed, supplementing your vitals and invigorating you.

thechosen2nd
2012-06-27, 09:31 PM
OOC: Really sorry guys. Thought it was still the troopers' turn. my bad.

Krish grunts in response to Ren's statement. He is still concerned for his badly wounded ally, and wants to end this skirmish quickly, and intends do so using his own military prowess that his people are known for. He quickly and ferociously darts towards his nearest opponent with low growl, charging full force at the sith soldier and fiercely slashes at him with his claws.

move: move 8 squares
std: charge: on P-19
swift: [pray for a better roll than last round]

attack roll: [roll0]
force point: [roll1]
dmg:[roll2]
reactive claw:[roll3]
(if first attack is successful, i can do an extra swipe with the claws, is how I understand this. maybe double check?)
Don't forget -2 to ref. def. next round.

Ballista
2012-06-28, 06:21 PM
@Krish
The charge was rather off seconds after you started, the sand was obviously pretty loose in the area you barreled through. Your feet fall deep into the grains, and it took both effort and more time to complete your attack. The Sith saw your plan almost immediately; that and the fact that even nature was playing against you gave him enough time to sidestep out of the way.

The Sith immediately drops his rifle as you approach, unsheathing an intricate and oddly designed vibroblade. He lunges at you in a rage, putting all his strength into the attack. In his blind anger, the trooper made his intentions clear, giving you enough time to dart out of the way.

Down Comforter
2012-06-28, 06:39 PM
Taking a deep breath and steadying himself, Taren raises his stun pistol at the Sith Trooper standing behind cover (Y-17). Slowly exhaling, he squeezes the the trigger and lets loose a bolt of stunning energy.

OOC:
Another two swift actions to go up the condition track.
To-Hit: [roll0]
Stun Damage: [roll1]

Down Comforter
2012-06-28, 06:47 PM
OOC:
Going to force point that, just in case:

[roll0]

Edit: Of course

Ballista
2012-06-28, 06:51 PM
@Taren
Though you see the troopers red helmet sticking out from behind the speeder, your shots barely come near him. The bolts hit the bike, ricocheting off into the ground.

Drugged dwarf
2012-06-28, 06:56 PM
Hey breath was finally returning, Taren seemingly taking aim at a man behind cover a bit further to their right. Below, where Krish had just started to make his return, she spotted another figure engaging in combat with Krish, a deady vibroblade in hand.

Weighing in her options, she called out to Taren. "Hope you can handle that one. I'm going to give Krish a hand!"

She drew her rifle, desperately firing at krish's opponent, hoping to catch him off balance.

Swift Action: Devote to catching a breath 1/3
Move action: Draw Blaster rifle
Standard action: Aid Another - Suppressive fire (enemy at P20)Note: -5 for firing into melee [roll0]

Ballista
2012-06-28, 07:00 PM
@Asha
A wide burst of blaster fire flies through the air, falling near and around the sith. He seems to freeze in fear for a second, his head twists around, trying to figure out where the bolts would land. The trooper begins to instinctively place all his attention on dodging the storm of fire.

The-Mage-King
2012-06-28, 07:48 PM
Again maintaining the telekenetic hold, Igniv keeps his eye on the sith he's dealing with, sparing only minor glances to the rest.
Standard: UtF to continue the hold: [roll0]

Damage

Move: If he drops, move his saber to my off hand, hilt first. Not bothering to roll UtF because it's DC 10 and I have +13, and skills don't have crit fails.

If he doesn't drop, draw pistol

Ballista
2012-06-28, 08:10 PM
@Igniv
The trooper begins to struggle again, gasping for breath in desperation as he realizes that your hold seems to grow stronger. He futilely swings his lightsaber in lazy arcs before his body goes limp as you hear a snap emanate from his neck. His crumpled body falls to the floor in a pile. You extend your arm and his lightsaber flies to your open hand.

kind_of_a_ROBOT
2012-06-28, 09:35 PM
Ren watches as Krish charges the sith and they exchange attacks. He quickly glances over at the other sith by the speederbike, and raises his blaster rifle, taking careful aim before squeezing the trigger.

Two swift actions to aim.
Attack: [roll0]

Ballista
2012-06-28, 10:19 PM
@Ren
The bolts only manage to hit the bike, leaving large scorch marks on the durasteel plating. The Sith remains unharmed, still taking cover behind the speeder.

The same trooper you were shooting at comes scrambles to provide himself more protection from your blasters. You see his hand throw something up and over the speeder; the small round object manages to find its way to Taren. The grenade impacts against the soldier's armor and detonates.
A burst of light erupts from the explosive as Taren is enveloped in a blinding light, shrapnel and debris flying out of the blast.
Taren takes 20 damage and moves one step down the Condition Track.

thechosen2nd
2012-06-29, 01:33 AM
Hearing the explosion behind him, Krish gains an even greater sense of urgency to end this battle. Furthermore, he is enraged by his failure to draw blood from his opponent thus far; the giant carnivorous insects on his home planet were so much easier to deal with than these smaller targets.

Krish sees his chance as his opponent is distracted by Asha's fire. With veins popping out of his forehead, and teeth bared, Krish raises his blaster once again to the foe who just lunged at him. He pulls the trigger point blank at the sith warrior.

attack: [roll0]
damage: [roll1]

Ballista
2012-06-29, 02:59 AM
@Krish
The shot easily hits the Sith full in the face. He staggers backwards a bit, his hands reaching up to claw at the melted armor plating covering his face.

Seconds later, the same Sith finally wrests control of the pain from Krish's previous shot. He levels his rifle with the Cathar, and jams the trigger with his finger, overloading the bolt. Asha's suppressing fire was enough to distract the Sith; the supercharged plasma flies lazily past Krish, hitting the hastily made shelter and melting a rather reasonable piece of it off.

Down Comforter
2012-07-01, 02:54 PM
With his uniform mostly shredded and partly burned, Taren is feeling worse for the wear. He moves to the east (K-11), and into the cover it provides. His chest burning in pain, Taren tries to steady himself against the shelter.

OOC:
Takes his second wind, recovers 14hp. Use a swift action to prepare to move up the condition track

Drugged dwarf
2012-07-01, 04:13 PM
Asha looks over, biting her lip. Taren wasn't looking so great, but neither was Krish at that point.

A calculation in her head aside, she yelled, "Quick! Get to cover! Me and Krish will take this bastard out!" she continues firing at the enemy as she runs to cover

Swift action: Move up conditon track. Penalty: -1
Standard action: Aid another, Aiding shot for Krish for enemy P20 [roll0]
Move action: Move to C-17

The-Mage-King
2012-07-01, 07:07 PM
"I've got him! Take the one who's got cover!" Igniv yells back, rolling through the makeshift shelter, deactivating the stolen lightsaber and grasping at the trooper with the Force.

Note that, due to that nat 20 on UtF, all my powers refreshed. Page 96

Move to L13, and use Force Grip on the trooper at P20.

UtF: [roll0]

Damage
DC15: [roll1]
DC20: [roll2]
DC25: [roll3]

..Total of 26 points of damage.

As usual, if the UtF is greater than his Fort, he can only take a swift

And I have a swift.

Hm...

Guess that was spent deactivating the sith's 'saber. :smalltongue:

Ballista
2012-07-01, 08:54 PM
The trooper is lifted several meters of the ground, his arms and legs flailing about as weightlessness overtakes the man's body. His back arches in an unnatural shape as you hear a muffles scream of pain coming from the Sith, Krish can visibly see the trooper's chest armor crumple and crater as an invisible force crushes the limp body. Seconds later, the screaming ceases as the body falls to the floor, blood oozing from the cracks in the armor.

kind_of_a_ROBOT
2012-07-01, 11:17 PM
Ren glances back just in time to hear Igniv, and see the lifeless Sith fall to the ground. Nodding to himself, "frag this!" he mutters. He rips one of the grenades from his belt and rushes forward.

Move action: Q-14
Attack: Frag Grenade at Sith Y-16, centered on him - [roll0]

Ballista
2012-07-02, 06:47 PM
@Ren
The grenade's path stays true as the explosive strikes the sand near the troopers feet. Another white light erupts, knocking the trooper flat on his back, pieces of plasteel from the bike that had been dislodged by the explosion protrude from the soldier's armor. The speeder itself was overturned by the explosion, now lying on its side in the sand.

The trooper struggles his way back to his feet, clutching at his right side. Blood drips freely from a deep wound in which shrapnel pierced his armor, staining the dry sands under him. He relieves the pressure to the wound as he steadies his rifle and pulls the trigger back, releasing a new torrent of blaster fire down range, directed at Ren.
Despite his injuries, the Sith is able to maintain a considerably steady spray of bolts, most of which pelt Ren's armor and body. Some of the fire hits the unconscious soldier, lying near Ren's feet.

The unconscious Sith trooper is now lies dead, his armor charred by blaster bolts.
Ren takes 13 points of damage.

thechosen2nd
2012-07-03, 05:02 PM
Krish is now completely immersed in the heat of battle. He barely notices the blaster bolts, explosions, and screams of pain surrounding him as he steadies his pistol for another shot at the trooper in front of him.

at trooper B
[roll0]
[roll1]

Ballista
2012-07-03, 09:03 PM
@Krish
Despite the obvious pain the Sith is enduring, he clears his mind enough to dodge the poorly aimed bolt. Your shot hits the sand several meters behind the trooper.

The same trooper drops his rifle and unsheathes a vibroblade, brandishing it violently. He lunges forward in a pain induced stupor, swinging wildly. The sword flies in lazy arcs and are easily avoided by the Cathar.

Down Comforter
2012-07-03, 09:42 PM
Having recovered to a degree from the blast, Taren steps around the shelter and lets loose a stunning blast at the distant Sith trooper. As it shoots out, he shouts at the others, "Make sure to take one alive, I want to know what's going on here!"

OOC:
Move to N-10 (I should have cover there) and fire at the Sith trooper at Y-16

Ballista
2012-07-03, 09:49 PM
@Taren
The bright blue bolt crackles through the air towards the trooper, but the shot impacts against the overturned speeder. The energy dissipates across the armor plating harmlessly.

Drugged dwarf
2012-07-04, 03:53 AM
From her own point of cover, Asha yelled. "Alive? Alright! I'm going to give covering fire as best as I can. Try to get to him!"

She steadies her gun, taking a moment to breathe, then opens fire.

2 Swift Actions: Aim to ignore his cover
1 Standard action: Aid Another - Suppressive fire [roll0]

The-Mage-King
2012-07-04, 06:02 PM
Sighing, Igniv looks at the trooper that he grabbed with the force.

"Look. Surrender, and I won't finish you off." He says, his voice taking a not-unreasonable tone. "Just throw away your gun and lay down with your hands on the back of your head."

Mind Trick.

[roll0]

If that beats his Will, my suggestion to surrender is what will seem reasonable.

Also, I guess I could add a Force Point for the extra effect. :smalltongue:

Ballista
2012-07-04, 07:12 PM
The Sith turns to look at Igniv, the trooper's helmet obscures his face but you can see that the injuries he's sustained are near mortal. Blood and ichor ooze from gashes and craters in the soldier's already crimson armor. You hear a soft thud as the blade he held is thrown to the ground and he falls prone to the ground, his hands folded behind his head.

kind_of_a_ROBOT
2012-07-05, 05:04 PM
Ren glances over at the surrendering Sith, and back towards the shelter at Igniv and the rest.

"Ok...now I'm starting to get really mad," he says mostly to himself as he makes a run straight for the Sith's battered speederbike. Taking cover behind it, he pops up and tries to level his blaster rifle for a good shot at the other man.

Move: Q-14 to V-15.

PS - sorry about the mistake!

Ballista
2012-07-05, 07:11 PM
OOC:
Not too sure how you moved 11 squares... but I don't really care much about that with the roll.

The Sith moves his head out of cover for a mere fraction of a second, in hopes that his grenade had fell any of his targets. Ren's shot flies straight and true, the blaster bolt hits the trooper square in the face, melting away most of the armor plating. His body flies backwards from the force of the blast, into the sands beyond the light of the fires.

kind_of_a_ROBOT
2012-07-05, 10:50 PM
Ducking behind the cover of the wrecked bike, Ren calls over his shoulder, "You better be dead back there, you bastard!"

Ballista
2012-07-05, 10:52 PM
You're greeted with silence, all but the silent sounds of the desert wind whipping at your face.

The-Mage-King
2012-07-05, 11:21 PM
Sighing, Igniv waves to Ren.

"Get that one secured. I'm going to see what we can salvage from his late allies." He says, heading towards the corpse outside of the firelight, intent on dragging it back to where he can see what equipment is recoverable.

Ah, the greatest part of an RPG- looting time!

Ballista
2012-07-05, 11:48 PM
The soldier's bodies are mangled heaps, their armors are crumpled and scorched, making it almost useless for anything besides scrap.
You recover 3 Light Repeating Blasters from the troopers, along with 3 Short Range Comlinks. On one of the Sith, you find a Grenadier's Belt, with 3 Fragmentation Grenades still intact. The 3 Vibroblades you find amongst the fallen are rather oddly made, a design that none of you have seen before; however, their vibration cells refuse to activate, making them more of a giant metal stick than a real weapon. The Sith that possessed the lightsaber only had a simple hip holster with a Blaster Pistol neatly tucked within. His robes are largely intact, but the actual crimson armor is heavily crushed and useless. Overrall, you find 400 credits total from the corpses.

3 of the speeders seem unscathed by the battle, but the fourth is heavily damaged. It's missing parts of its armor plating and the nav-display is largely shattered and useless. Sparks fly out of its internal workings at random intervals.

Down Comforter
2012-07-05, 11:49 PM
As the last trooper seems to be staying down, Taren slowly lowers his weapon. "I have been blown up twice today. Can we make sure that that number doesn't go up?"

Taren wanders over the the surrendered Sith and secures the trooper's hands behind their back using a set of binder cuffs he pulls from his bag. He sits the trooper up, leaning against the debris and, pulling the trooper's helmet off, says in Sith "<We are going to ask you several questions. If you answer us well and completely, there will be no pain and you will not be killed. Refuse to answer any questions completely, or lie to us and I cannot make any promises.>"

Ballista
2012-07-05, 11:57 PM
As you remove the trooper's helmet, you see locks of red hair fall from under the sealed armor. A pale and slender face greets you, cold green eyes stare out from under the woman's bangs. Her face seems to be what many would consider "beautiful" if not from the purple welts that cover much of it, along with some cuts that ooze trace amounts of blood. Her hair clings to her face, probably due the heat of the desert.

She looks up at Taren, her eyes filled with content and spits in the man's face.
In Basic:
Why don't you just kill me and be done with it... You've already murdered my friends, what more do you intend to take away, you Republic dogs...