PDA

View Full Version : Wild West Druid: Where to Go From Here? (3.5 Build Advice)

Weirdlet
2012-06-19, 03:47 PM
Hey, all- I'm going to be playing in a Wild West-themed D&D campaign, and I'm looking for advice as to how to proceed with my build from the starting point I have. I would prefer no high cheese or 'break the game' intent- just what might be cool things to explore, good feats to take in the future, etc.

My character is a 5th level (campaign-specific equivalent of a halforc) variant druid, giving up Wildshape in exchange for a monk's Fast Movement and Wisdom-based AC bonus, as well as a ranger's Favored Enemy (Undead). Feats are Self-Sufficient, Exotic Weapon Proficiency (scythe) and Spontaneous Healer. Most of her Wealth-By-Level has been spent on a Keen, Undead-Bane scythe. Neutral Good, animal companion is a rattlesnake (medium Viper).

She's flavored as equal parts local witch and slightly mad holy-woman- raised in a snake-handling church before fleeing as an orphan to the wagon train that eventually brought her to Tombstone (where the game is set), she hears God in the wind and the fields, and heals among the poorest in town. My excuse for the scythe is that she's basically had visions/a strong feeling that she's going to need it and thus poured most of her cash over the years into its forging before the campaign begins.

My query to the Playground is what, if anything, should I look for in feats, prestige classes, etc as the game goes on. Most anything in D&D can and will be found in this alt-real-world campaign, so as long as I can lay hands on the book or pdf to show to the GM, I'll consider it. I'm looking for both flavor and mechanical strength, without being mutually exclusive.

Snowbluff
2012-06-19, 04:06 PM
That is... probably the most "interesting" Druid I've seen in a while.

As long as you don't have Wildshape, you definitely PrC out. Take Natural Bond to cover lost AnC levels. Stick to something with full casting. I don't have anything else to say, really. IDK what PrCs are good for Druid past Planar Shepard.

Weirdlet
2012-06-20, 06:38 AM
Is that a 'should' PrC out, or 'can' PrC out?

Snowbluff
2012-06-20, 10:06 AM
Is that a 'should' PrC out, or 'can' PrC out?

I'll give it a 'should'. Fast Movement and the individual points of AC scale slowly. You got the Wis to AC, and that's what you really needed so... go crazy!

Invader
2012-06-20, 04:25 PM
Lion of Talisid would be a great PrC for you. You get a few new abilities like scent, pounce, and and a haste effect, it increases your animal companion level, gives you free exalted animal companion feat and gives you back wildshape, plus in progresses your spellcasting. I can't think of a reason not to take it.