PDA

View Full Version : M&M 2nd edition: Made of Energy

Beelzebub1111
2012-06-19, 03:48 PM
So, Having come up with something of a heroic leigon, I now am coming up with villains. I would like to know recommendations for abilities based around being made entirely or mostly of an energy like fire, electricity, light, Plasma, Radiation, or something else like that.

Hopeless
2012-06-20, 05:28 AM
So, Having come up with something of a heroic leigon, I now am coming up with villains. I would like to know recommendations for abilities based around being made entirely or mostly of an energy like fire, electricity, light, Plasma, Radiation, or something else like that.

Possibly combining Insubstantial/Energy +4 with some of the abilities of an elemental from the gm character kit for 3e m&m.

prufock
2012-06-20, 10:04 AM
Are you looking for concepts or mechanics? Second edition had Alternate Form which is a pretty good "package deal" for any being made of energy.

Beelzebub1111
2012-06-20, 03:43 PM
I guess I'm looking for mechanics. What kind of immunities and what powers would get that concept done.

Diskhotep
2012-06-20, 10:19 PM
It's been a long time since I looked at my M&M stuff but since I've been running a lot of different supers rpgs recently I'll just list some appropriate abilities (you can translate them into the appropriate powers).

Aura - your body emits energy that damages anything that touches it
Blast - you can fire bolts of energy
Blind - you can temporarily blind an opponent with a burst of energy (light/plasma)
Create/Control Energy - you can create or destroy the energy you are made of (walls of fire, radioactive hot spots, light shows)
Detection - the energy you are made of
Enhance - you can comic-book supercharge robots/electronics (electricity) or living things (radiation)
Flight - you can fly
Healing - you can cure cancer (radiation) or cauterize wounds (fire/light)
Hypnotize - you can distract or mesmerize opponents (fire/light)
Immunity - you are resistant to or totally immune to attacks from your energy type
Insubstantiality - your body is made of energy, not matter
Negation - you can dampen/negate powers diametrically opposite yours (fire vs ice, light vs darkness)
Teleportation - you can teleport through a conduit (taken with a limitation requiring direct line of sight (light) or through a conductor such as water, wire, or outlets (electricity))
Transformation - you can temporarily mutate an opponent (radiation)

I'm sure there are others as well, but this is a pretty basic set you can work with.