PDA

View Full Version : what is the best way to kill my party?

korinthVloss
2012-06-19, 05:49 PM
we are doing a one off game where we have to murder the other players what are the best ways to do that?

vhfforever
2012-06-19, 05:50 PM
Warforged (No Sleeping for you), Power Attack, Scythe while they're sleeping.

Eldariel
2012-06-19, 05:54 PM
Is everybody openly hostile in a fight that amounts to a Free-For-All? What kind of an environment do you have to fight in? What are the rules?

Regardless of the answers, the way to go is probably some kind of a spellcaster. Low levels, I'd say Druid holds the edge while higher up, probably Wizard.

korinthVloss
2012-06-19, 05:54 PM
hhhmm what book is warforg in?

Eldariel
2012-06-19, 05:55 PM
hhhmm what book is warforg in?

Races of Eberron or Eberron Campaign Settings, you can find it in both. However, provide more information about the game session; there's probably more to the optimal means than that. First of all, protecting yourself.

korinthVloss
2012-06-19, 06:01 PM
ok the ruals the dm gave me we must work together to finish the qwest but you have to elimanat the other player along the way, becas only one can win it a weard stial of play i know but its a one time game we satrt at lvl 9 with lvl 9 gold 31000 i think it is. and he sead it was not a planer game so we r on the prim i gess. 84 point build 18 max 10 min befor racels. and no pionics and no 9 blades and no tome of magic i gess he hats thos books but envery els gos

SowZ
2012-06-19, 06:03 PM
Wait, 84 point buy? Seriously? You could have 5/6 stats at 18.

vhfforever
2012-06-19, 06:05 PM
I'm guessing they have 84 points to distribute among their abilities (example: 18, 18, 18, 10, 10, 10)

SowZ
2012-06-19, 06:12 PM
I'm guessing they have 84 points to distribute among their abilities (example: 18, 18, 18, 10, 10, 10)

Oh, a Wizard with 18 Int, Con, and Dex could be awesome at 9th level. Alternatively, be a druid and put them all in mental stats.

Eldariel
2012-06-19, 06:16 PM
Then you need:
- To be hard to kill.
- To be able to act without notice.
- To be able to solo encounters should it come down to that.

Wizard is probably a fairly good way to go. While naturally squishy, you can keep spell-based defenses up most of the time, rest in extradimensional spaces and Teleport away if **** hits the fan. You also have spells that can in one shot disable single allies or enemies, and stuff like Invisibility, Overland Flight and Alter Self to be elusive.

Druid would bring more base numbers; good Fort-saves, Spot & Listen in class in a Wis-based chassis, ability to stay in Wildshape 24/7, animal companion to keep extra watch on you, and wonderful combat ability both defensively and offensively. Druid however lacks stuff like Teleport and Invisibility in those forms on these levels, though they can Summon Nature's Ally V for a Janni, which can Plane Shift.

Cleric would be sort of a compromise but would take significantly more experience to create so I'd go with either Druid or Wizard myself.

Ultimately, this will be more a factor of player skill, experience and wits than the class in the end. A skilled player with a spellcaster of any flavor is likely at an advantage in the end.

Just don't forget; defenses, covert action capability and versatility. Those are your keys. First and foremost, become so hard to kill that you're unlike to be targeted and capable of shrugging it off if someone does target you. Second, make sure you can kill people silently. Third, make sure you're actually able to take care of the adventure.

fantomu
2012-06-19, 06:21 PM
Give the target a hat with a ring gate fixed in the top of it then whenever your ready shoot through the other gate.

GnomeGninjas
2012-06-19, 06:22 PM
Do you know who is in your party?

Invader
2012-06-19, 06:37 PM
Do you know what everyone else is playing? Really there are hundreds of ways you can insta kill your party members at 9th level.

korinthVloss
2012-06-19, 07:03 PM
no one know what the other caricters are and the dm will not reveal the class and we do not have to reveal the class we are playing. we will have to figer it out buy there apearenc and action. so druid with a 2 handed sword on my back just to throw them off can u paint wood armor to look like steel? so so good fast kill tecneaks would be good im thinking druid with natural spell and turn in to a bird and just rain spells on them.

SSGoW
2012-06-19, 07:15 PM
Bard.

When crap hits the fan... Diplomacy them into submission.

:D

or if that doesn't work...

Perhaps a Bard/Crusader (hard as crap to actually kill...) and white raven tactic yourself and no one else? Then when the crap hits the fan you diplomacy them into submission.

or

Warforged anything + Dust of sneezing and choking (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/magicItems/cursedItems.htm#dustofSneezingandChoking) then as they are busy coughing and hacking (stunned) you can destroy them. I forget if stunned makes you helpless but if not then tie them up and then Coup de grace coup de grace....

Salanmander
2012-06-19, 07:57 PM
ok the ruals the dm gave me we must work together to finish the qwest but you have to elimanat the other player along the way, becas only one can win it a weard stial of play i know but its a one time game we satrt at lvl 9 with lvl 9 gold 31000 i think it is. and he sead it was not a planer game so we r on the prim i gess. 84 point build 18 max 10 min befor racels. and no pionics and no 9 blades and no tome of magic i gess he hats thos books but envery els gos

Mechanically, probably the most important thing is to be able to deal with surprise. Contingency and celerity are both great ways for a wizard to do this, other classes are generally not as good.

However, you will probably also be playing a lot of mind games at your table. Be ready to convince your fellow *players* that it is not in their interest to kill you yet.

Lastly, this is off topic, but...please work on your spelling and use of punctuation. Being able to appear both intelligent and well-educated when writing is an extremely important skill, and will make your life easier when trying to get a job, get problems fixed, etc.

Annos
2012-06-19, 08:07 PM
complete scoundrel will be your best friend for a spellcasting rogue, i'd sudgest taking the dragon touched feat and draconic heratige, draconic toughness, draconic skin, draconic claws. then get Dragon slayer claws and deal 2d6 damadge with claws(good if their you'secret" weapon).

marcielle
2012-06-19, 09:19 PM
You could play mindgames if your party is better at optimization than you are. Be a trip monk. Be excessively peaceful and happy, keep on trying to prevent party rom killing party(but not too hard), and always pay respects to any killed members. Be nice, pay for a wand of CLW and hand it to someone else. Once you are very close spend ALL your gold on black lotus extract. When you reach eleven(AFTER LEVELING UP), propose a toast and take a big drink of lotus extract. DM should not even ask you for a roll since you are totally immune to poison. Do this at the level 10 level up too to avoid suspicion. Drunken master PRC adds more credibility. They just drank several doses of the most potent poison in DnD. Any fullcasters(except maybe clerics) are dead and any fighter will be on the floor after you trip them with your reach weapon( as a tripper you have no reason NOT to have a reach weapon).

Eldariel
2012-06-19, 09:29 PM
You could play mindgames if your party is better at optimization than you are. Be a trip monk. Be excessively peaceful and happy, keep on trying to prevent party rom killing party(but not too hard), and always pay respects to any killed members. Be nice, pay for a wand of CLW and hand it to someone else. Once you are very close spend ALL your gold on black lotus extract. When you reach eleven(AFTER LEVELING UP), propose a toast and take a big drink of lotus extract. DM should not even ask you for a roll since you are totally immune to poison. Do this at the level 10 level up too to avoid suspicion. Drunken master PRC adds more credibility. They just drank several doses of the most potent poison in DnD. Any fullcasters(except maybe clerics) are dead and any fighter will be on the floor after you trip them with your reach weapon( as a tripper you have no reason NOT to have a reach weapon).

Druids are immune to poison at this point too. Wizards might be too with spells, though they don't quite gain it as a class feature yet. IMHO poison is the last way I'd go. Besides, if you're weak they might just kill you off right off the bat so you don't get in the way.

Invader
2012-06-19, 09:54 PM
Take the Spider Man approach (points to anyone who gets this reference) let everyone else kill each other off first. You don't have to be stronger than everyone, just the last guy.

GnomeGninjas
2012-06-20, 05:45 AM
Play as a small undead dread necromancer, pay for a casting of shrink item on you self. Try to max hide as move silently. Get mystic aura cast on you self to hide the magic. Find other ways to avoid being detected. Be unseen as you follow them around and animate the monsters they killed. They think your character is your undead minion who is with them, if your undead minion sees a time when you think it can take out a few of them take the chance, maybe you kill a few of them, the party will kill it. That's not a bad thing, once the party thinks they killed you they will be less on guard. Wait for the party to kill each other then when there is only one of them left come in for the kill.

Arcanist
2012-06-20, 05:50 AM
Do you know what everyone else is playing? Really there are hundreds of ways you can insta kill your party members at 9th level.

Actually at 6th+ he should be able to get 9th level spells, be completely immune to sneak attacks, and be manning his entire character from a Demiplane... the Wizard cannot be killed therefore he wins no matter what :smalltongue:

...Its actually sad because I'm actually claiming this as a viable option for this game... :smallconfused:

Killer Angel
2012-06-20, 06:18 AM
OK, someone has to do it...

we are doing a one off game where we have to murder the other players what are the best ways to do that?

Are you playing assassin (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Assassin_(game))? :smalltongue:

nedz
2012-06-20, 06:34 AM
I've played in a few games like this, its always the Cleric who wins.
Everyone else owes them favours and discounts their offensive capability.
You play it fairly innocuously and build up the favour bank with Restorations/Heals etc.. Then whilst they are all ganking each other you just stand around buffing yourself before taking out the rogue at the end:smallbiggrin:

Airanath
2012-06-20, 07:53 AM
I've played in a few games like this, its always the Cleric who wins.
Everyone else owes them favours and discounts their offensive capability.
You play it fairly innocuously and build up the favour bank with Restorations/Heals etc.. Then whilst they are all ganking each other you just stand around buffing yourself before taking out the rogue at the end:smallbiggrin:

What? Favor bank? The cleric does indeed win, but by buikding his daily list of immunities and letting the hp/level drain/ability damage take their toll on the group and finishing the criples. Remember to worship the god of suffering for rp reasons, and bonus points for healing with negative energy.
"I am sorry, I can't heal you, healing spells burn my body. But suffering is a blessing and you should thank <insetgodname> to be able to experience it.
Necropolitan illumian dread necro/cleric theurge so you can always heals yourself with charnel touch, raise minions, and divine metamagic shenningans. (cha synergy)

hoverfrog
2012-06-20, 09:22 AM
Deception is the key. Seem weak but not too weak. I'd go for a wizard but dip a level each with rogue and cleric but claim that you're a rogue with a couple of levels of wizard. Rogue will give you a few useful skills but let someone else set the traps off. Cleric will give you access to weapons and armour and the ability to heal yourself. Don't heal anyone else, they'll be trying to kill you. Take Armoured Caster to allow you to wear armour with no penalty. Your disguise is complete and the best thing is that you can use just about any iten when you loot the corpses of your enemies allies. You could even disguise yourself as a cleric so that when they uncover your disguise you can confess to being a rogue instead. All the while keeping your true power hidden.

Alternately seem stronger than you are so nobody challenges you. The problem with this is that they'll gang up on you. It's better to be in the gang than having to fend off everyone at once. You don't want to be the guy that everyone has to take out first before they can nuke everyone else.

You need to make alliances. Don't be the traitor in the group. If someone has to be the turncoat let it be someone else. Pick a side and stay loyal until the last second and then slit their throats while they're sleeping.

The important thing is to have fun of course. What sort of character do you want to play?

cd4
2012-06-20, 11:25 AM
One option might be to do a Changeling Full BAB 4/warshaper 4/Tome of Battle class 1

You gain +4 strength and Con, immunity to stunning and criticals which includes sneak attack so that shuts down the rogue. Fast Healing 2 or 10 on a full round concentration check. An extra 5ft reach, and as many natural weapons as you want. You can also look like anything you wish as well and completely hide all these bonuses until you suddenly pull them out of nowhere. If you want to see this character in action then read Jill's character Rugaru from here (http://agc.deskslave.org/comic_viewer.html?goNumber=467) until the current strip of the comic. This character is level 11 so you will have to get rid of it.

Changeling is in Eberron and Warshaper is in Complete Warrier.

only1doug
2012-06-20, 01:19 PM
One option might be to do a Changeling Full BAB 4/warshaper 4/Tome of Battle class 1

You gain +4 strength and Con, immunity to stunning and criticals which includes sneak attack so that shuts down the rogue. Fast Healing 2 or 10 on a full round concentration check. An extra 5ft reach, and as many natural weapons as you want. You can also look like anything you wish as well and completely hide all these bonuses until you suddenly pull them out of nowhere. If you want to see this character in action then read Jill's character Rugaru from here (http://agc.deskslave.org/comic_viewer.html?goNumber=467) until the current strip of the comic. This character is level 11 so you will have to get rid of it.

Changeling is in Eberron and Warshaper is in Complete Warrier.

And tome of battle is also known as 9 swords and banned for this game by his DM ( no 9 blades) probably refers to tome of battle.

killem2
2012-06-20, 02:18 PM
I'm not sure what level your party is, but I think throwing some half-zombie templated half-troll - stone giants would be hilarious.

regenerating, undead.

/shivers.

Oh and they are big.