PDA

View Full Version : PMA-The Witching Hour

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5

Eshkigal
2012-06-19, 07:26 PM
The Roman Empire ruled for centuries, bolstered by the power of legendary pokemon they had befriended or captured. However, when the latest corrupt emperor began abusing and neglecting his victini, it rebelled, and a simultaneous attack by "barbarian" hordes on the capital itself left the empire in disarray overnight.

Chaos ensued worldwide, as many other dynasties that had been using legendary pokemon as allies or slaves found a small, fiery pokemon would visit their power source late at night and in the morning, the legendary would turn on them, often wreaking much damage before escaping. Many generations later, very few governments larger than a barony remain. There is a collection of powerful legendary pokemon out there that actively hates humanity, and infighting among humans after the collapse still has not died down. Though many calamities have happened in the intervening time, some of the more powerful landed nobles are beginning to consolidate even larger swaths of land underneath their influence.

But this is not the focus for right now. No, where we start is with two girls of unusual power, dancing among bellsprout around a jangling stick.

Eshkigal
2012-06-19, 07:55 PM
The bellsprout looks at Atna, then at Amber. It waves, and looks like it's deciding.
(Give me a diplomacy check)

Meanwhile, the other bellsprouts raise their leaves and cheer as Lili gives them thanks.

Esprit15
2012-06-19, 07:59 PM
Diplomacy: [roll0]

Eshkigal
2012-06-19, 08:01 PM
The bellsprout extends it's head up and taps the quartz, going in.

Level 6 female bellsprout.

Esprit15
2012-06-19, 08:07 PM
Atna is surprised about the ease of the capture. She looks down to Amber. "Hm, seems you might have a little b-" The wand notes the Bellsprout's gender. "Or not. Lili, ready to go? We could chase down that Sandshrew you scared off maybe. Probably went way too far off to get on our own, however."

MesiDoomstalker
2012-06-19, 09:51 PM
I'm ready as always! Where we going!? Lili hops excitedly, Mr. Jangly jinglying in her hand.

Esprit15
2012-06-19, 10:06 PM
"Well like I said, we could chase that Sandshrew, we could continue to explore... We could see how things are back in town. Find a trainer to help our teams train, though I'd wait a bit longer until they are a bit more skilled. Would be a good way to make a bit of money, though. Need to get Damia a way to actually defend herself. But I'm not picky."

MesiDoomstalker
2012-06-19, 10:37 PM
Lets go back intown! It's fun there!

MesiDoomstalker
2012-06-19, 10:39 PM
Lets go back intown! It's fun there!

Eshkigal
2012-06-20, 11:27 PM
And thus, with your new entourage of bellsprout, you two go back to town! Where first?

Esprit15
2012-06-20, 11:33 PM
"Hm, lets stop off at my house quickly. Need to grab the Seedot from earlier." Atna shows Lili to her home.

Eshkigal
2012-06-22, 11:50 AM
You head to your house, which when you knock, doesn't seem to have your father in it. You can feel your mother still working away near the back, though.

Esprit15
2012-06-22, 12:19 PM
Atna heads in and starts to grab a bit of food for lunch (if it is the proper time). "Hello mother! Battle went well. Got to play with a bit of fire, met those other Psychics again. One of them is here if you would like to meet her. Where's Damia?"

Eshkigal
2012-06-22, 12:33 PM
"Huh? Oh, that's great honey."
She comes around carrying notes, several pieces of wood, some string, and a duck.
"I know I'm close..."
She absentmindedly shakes your hand without looking up from her papers.
"Nice meeting you, must talk to you more later, see how you got yours."
She then walks straight out the door, still muttering to herself. Well, at least this time she remembered to put on actual clothes...
Meanwhile, the seedot peeks up over the edge of a pot, looking bigger than before.

MesiDoomstalker
2012-06-22, 01:16 PM
Hiya Ms. Atna's Mom! Lili shacks her hand enthusicastically but then looks perplexed at her sudden dissapearence. What was that about Ms. Atna?

Esprit15
2012-06-22, 01:26 PM
"She's very...unfocused. And no, I haven't a clue what she was doing with that duck." She picks up the grown Seedot. "Maybe working on... But that wouldn't explain the stuff... Oh well, I'll find out later." She recalls the Seedot. "Well with the battle today I'm reluctant to go out of town to experiment. Lili, you pick what we do. Train our friends?"

MesiDoomstalker
2012-06-22, 02:01 PM
We should train! My new friends need more fun battles! Lili hops out of the house before sticking her head back in looking at Atna expectedly.

Esprit15
2012-06-22, 02:07 PM
"Train it is." She rushes after the small girl. Hm, could possibly guide my own movements with my powers. Never thought to try that before. Could help me be a little more coordinated... She continues to think as she tries to keep up with the energetic little girl.

Eshkigal
2012-06-23, 09:48 PM
You search, and find Corporal Donno and another soldier near the medic zone. He seems to be sporting a few arrow wounds of his own. He smiles and waves.
"Hey girls, how's it going?"

Esprit15
2012-06-23, 09:51 PM
"Well. I seem to be getting better with my powers after the fight. Also, flaming oil: very useful to have in another attack like that.

We were looking to see if anyone was looking to help us train some of the weaker members of our teams."

MesiDoomstalker
2012-06-23, 09:59 PM
Lili does a very deep bow. Thank you sir.

Eshkigal
2012-06-28, 09:35 PM
Donno grins at the replies.
"Well, I think we can help with that. Right, Lenno?"
The other guy sends out a rather large snake, and nods. The snake licks the air between you and your teams, before giving a happy hiss.

MesiDoomstalker
2012-06-28, 09:51 PM
Lili looks at the snake oddly while scanning and releasing Turtly. I haven't used her much. Turtly, you ready for a fight!? Turtly nods confident.

Eshkigal
2012-06-28, 10:17 PM
The seviper looks pleased at it's matchup.
"Hey, Atna, want to join the fight? Two on two, or two on one? Nidhoggr is a bit strong, admittedly."

Esprit15
2012-06-28, 10:18 PM
"Well Screech needs some practice, so..." She sends out the Nincada. "You pick."

Eshkigal
2012-06-28, 10:29 PM
"That's the spirit. Zip, come on!"
He sends out a sandshrew of his own, who seems fairly alright with the two of you.

Screech
Nidhoggr
Zip
Turtly

Esprit15
2012-06-28, 10:40 PM
Hm, so much for burrowing. Don't know about the snake, but I know Sandshrew can. And Screech is alone down there. "Screech, toughen up that hide." Screech backs away and secretes some fluid that hardens on his exoskeleton.
Screech backs 4m back, uses Harden. Defense is now 12

Eshkigal
2012-06-29, 01:04 PM
Nidhoggr looks at the turtle before moving forward and licking it.
[roll0]
[roll1]

"So how much do you guys want to bet, anyway? Three, four gold for a tag battle with 3 mon each?"
Zip curls up and rolls at Screech, popping out to shoot poisonous barbs at the bug.
[roll2]
[roll3]

Esprit15
2012-06-29, 01:13 PM
Screech: 25/30
"Sounds good to me. Three is my limit for mons, though. Screech, hit 'em hard!" Screech rears his forelegs and slashes at the Sandshrew.
Scratch
Normal
AC: [roll0]
Damage: [roll1]
If Crit: +[roll2]

MesiDoomstalker
2012-06-29, 01:28 PM
Turtly eyes the snake oddly for its ineffective attack. The more the merrier! Turtly sap that Sandshrew's happiness! Turtly runs forward and attempts to clamp onto the Sandshrew's head.

[roll0] AC2, Special Grass
[roll1] Heals half the damage (not that she needs it).

Eshkigal
2012-06-29, 01:33 PM
The sandshrew squeaks as the two of you gang up on it, not really getting notable injuries out of it though. Meanwhile, Nidhoggr decides he likes the taste of Turtly, and goes for a bite.
[roll0]
[roll1]
Zip shoots more spikes out at Screech.
[roll2]

MesiDoomstalker
2012-06-29, 01:34 PM
*Mesi kicks Esh's post out of the dark and into the light!*

Eshkigal
2012-06-29, 01:34 PM
(Oh come on, it's not that bad)

Eshkigal
2012-06-29, 01:35 PM
[roll0]
And I forgot accuracy for Zip
[roll1]
and if crit
[roll2]

Esprit15
2012-06-29, 01:39 PM
Screech after proper resistance application: 25/30
"Dang, tough hide on that thing. Nothing we can do though. Keep it up!"

Scratch
Normal

Eshkigal
2012-06-29, 01:44 PM
Donno and the other guy nod.
"Right, gents, switch it up!"
Zip dives down into the ground as Nidhoggr shoots over his head, jaws gaping open as he lunges for Screech.
[roll0]
[roll1]
You have lost sight of Zip.

Esprit15
2012-06-29, 01:49 PM
Screech: 25/30
The snake's teeth slide off of Screech's shell. "Good Screech. Now retaliate." Screech goes for the snake as it lands from the attack.

Scratch
Normal
AC: [roll0] 2

MesiDoomstalker
2012-06-29, 01:51 PM
Turtly no!!!! Dig around and Tackle! Turtly dives under the ground and pops under Nidhoggr trying to tackle it before burrowing away.

[roll0] AC 3
[roll1]

Eshkigal
2012-06-29, 01:54 PM
Nidhoggr nimbly dodges his coils aside as Turtly tries to bash through from the hole. Nidhoggr goes for another bite on Screech.
[roll0]
[roll1]

Meanwhile, there's scratching below Turtly, and Zip reappears for a few seconds, firing off a poison barb at her before burrowing away again (can hear him, he's within 4 squares left and down)
[roll2]
[roll3]

Esprit15
2012-06-29, 01:58 PM
Again the bite glances off of Screech's hard shell. Screech tries to claw at the snake as it goes by. "Hm, never taught him that."

Scratch
Normal

MesiDoomstalker
2012-06-29, 02:03 PM
Did you hear that Turtly!? After it. Absorb! Sap his happiness for making you unhappy! Turtly burrows towards the sound and tries to absorb whatever it is. Probably a Sandshrew.

[roll0] Special Grass, AC 2
[roll1] Heals half of what damage is done.

Eshkigal
2012-06-29, 07:23 PM
Zip squirms before clawing at Turtly, then away, out of range of your movement.
[roll0]
[roll1]
Meanwhile, Nidhoggr takes the blow, the claws barely sinking into his flesh.
"Hm...Nidhoggr may make this a little too...uneven, don't you think, Ianno?"
THe other guy pauses, and nods.
"Would you let us take Nidhoggr out in exchange for an easier fight for your group?"

Esprit15
2012-06-29, 07:27 PM
"I was beginning to think the same. He's a tough snake, a bit out of their range." Atna waves the wand to scan Nidhoggr.

Eshkigal
2012-06-29, 07:32 PM
"Right then. Different three for Ianno then?"
The seviper dives below ground, before resurfacing near you two, rolling as he circles you both, apparently feeling fairly playful and jovial. Ianno sends out a little fire lizard.

Esprit15
2012-06-29, 07:39 PM
Atna slowly pets the snake. "Doesn't affect the battle too much. Nidhoggr had trouble landing a hit, so it's as though Screech and your mon just weren't in the battle." She scans the Charmander unknown lizard and lets Turtly finish.

MesiDoomstalker
2012-06-29, 10:19 PM
Turtly no! Come back my little Turtly, don't let the mean Sandshrew hurt you any more! How about your first play time Mr. Nibbles! Lili waves her wand, scanning the Seviper and the lizard before releasing the the toddler crocodile.

Speed 9 now

Eshkigal
2012-07-01, 12:25 AM
Atna, the wand gets confused at it, and doesn't give you information. "Charmander" speed is 7, so you're both faster. Meanwhile, Zip peeks up behind you both, out of range of attacks before dipping back down under the ground.

Esprit15
2012-07-01, 06:01 AM
"Hm, flaming tail. Probably fire. Screech, Scratch!"

Normal

Eshkigal
2012-07-01, 08:26 AM
Screech connects and the little lizard...pops. A small fox your wand identifies as zorua is there instead.
"The illusion faded so soon? Pity. Meet Richard the zorua."
He yips at you both, before leering at the bug.
[roll0]-Leer vs Screech

MesiDoomstalker
2012-07-01, 09:48 AM
Go give the foxxy a loving pat! Mr. Nibbles wobbles towards the fox, swiping at it.

[roll0] AC 2 Normal
[roll1]

Eshkigal
2012-07-03, 05:49 PM
Mr. Nibbles pats the zorua with sharp little claws. Meanwhile, Zip pops back up near Mr. Nibbles, firing off a quill.
[roll0]
[roll1]

Esprit15
2012-07-03, 05:58 PM
"Keep it up, Screech! Don't tire out!" Screech leaps at the Zorua's face.

Leech Life
Bug

MesiDoomstalker
2012-07-03, 06:34 PM
Mr. Nibbles winces as the barb scatches his skin. Pat the Shrew this time! Mr. Nibbles reaches out towards the annoying burrower.

[roll0] AC 2 Physical Normal
[roll1]

Eshkigal
2012-07-03, 06:49 PM
Both wince, and Zip looks nearly out of the fight.
"Conceding Zip."
He recalls the sandshrew, as the zorua scratches at Mr. Nibbles.
[roll0]
[roll1]
He sends out a bird. (Faster than you guys.) It swoops down with beak aimed at Screech.
[roll2]
[roll3]
[roll4]-in case of crit

MesiDoomstalker
2012-07-03, 06:52 PM
Just keep patting! Mr. Nibbles just keeps on patting (Zoroa this time), shrugging off the Zoroa's attack.

[roll0] AC 2 physical normal
[roll1]

Eshkigal
2012-07-03, 07:01 PM
The Zorua goes down, and is recalled.
"And now, the actual charmander. Meet Timothy."
Another firetailed lizard comes out, and spits a bit of fire, trying to look tough and failing.

Esprit15
2012-07-03, 07:05 PM
So glad I invested in defense on Screech. 40 damage and he lives! Atna goes wide eyed as the bird flips Screech onto his belly and pecks at him. Some non-violent twitching assures her he is alright. "Here, Screech. We'll get you patched up." She recalls the Nincada. Who next... Judge, why him? "Crap, a weakness for everyone but... Simon, be careful out there!" Simon floats onto the field.
Simon: 37/37
8 Speed

"Smack that bird!" Simon floats to the bird and bashes it with his head.
Knock Off

MesiDoomstalker
2012-07-03, 07:46 PM
Lili giggles with delight. Cool that lizard off! Mr. Nibbles nods before shooting a jet of water towards the Charmander.

[roll0] AC 2 Sp. Water
[roll1]

Eshkigal
2012-07-03, 07:49 PM
Timothy hops over the blast, age giving his movements more calculated response.
"Time for things to heat up. Light Ember to Simon, sorry Atna."
[roll0]
[roll1]
Meanwhile, the rufflet flaps his wings, bringing him over to Mr Nibbles. He bops the totodile's head with his beak.
[roll2]
[roll3]

MesiDoomstalker
2012-07-03, 07:56 PM
Lili stamps her foot. Again! Againagainagain! Mr. Nibbles mimics before jetting off more water.

[roll0]
[roll1]

Esprit15
2012-07-03, 08:02 PM
Simon: 27/37
She sighs. "He has to learn to defend himself. Night Shade on the Charmander!" Simon lets off a wave of black at Timothy.
Night Shade
Damage: 13, ignore stats

Eshkigal
2012-07-03, 08:42 PM
"True, though I know who he is for you."
Timothy dodges the water, only to get hit by the black energy in the air. He spits a tiny blast of fire at Simon in turn ([roll0] [roll1]), and the rufflet leans in, eyes close to Mr. Nibbles' before giving another light tap.
[roll2], [roll3]

Esprit15
2012-07-03, 08:47 PM
16/37
"True, but he has to improve, and there isn't much other way." Simon follows a telepathic order and tries to smack the Charmander again.

Knock Off
Dark
AC: [roll0] 6
If Crit: [roll2]

MesiDoomstalker
2012-07-03, 08:47 PM
NOOOOO! MR. NIBBLES! Mr. Nibbles falls over unconcious, but is lifted up and carried to Lili's outstretched arms before he could hit the ground. She craddles the reptile in her arms before releasing Batty. This is for Mr. Nibbles... Batty whoops in agreement.

MesiDoomstalker
2012-07-03, 08:51 PM
Batty, poke them and go for a dirt swim! Batty fires a Poison Sting at the Rufflet before diving under the ground.

[roll0] Poisons on 17-20, AC 2 physical poison
[roll1]

Eshkigal
2012-07-03, 08:57 PM
The rufflet gives a squawk before recovering, shaking his head slightly. He then looks around the area for his foe.
Meanwhile, Timothy and Simon continue their dance, Simon getting another blow in. He looks nearly downed, but fire burns in his eyes. He spits more fire.
[roll0]
[roll1]

Esprit15
2012-07-03, 09:08 PM
1/37
Simon looks like he's about to go for another hit, but an ember from the attack catches on him and his fabric begins to burn. "Simon!" She grabs him and pats out the fire as he passes out, holding him close to her. "You did really well. Good job.

Okay, focus, battle. Hm, who... Judge it, need more variety in my team. Didn't realize I had so many grass types." She sends out Amber (Speed is 5)

Eshkigal
2012-07-03, 09:30 PM
Donno pulls out a salve, and applies it to Simon's fabric before he gets recalled, putting him out.
"I always keep a little Burn Heal on hand if I need it. Sorry about that, but I only have three."

Esprit15
2012-07-03, 09:54 PM
"Thanks. Amber, ranged move." Amber flings several leaves at the Charmander.

Razor Leaf
Grass
AC: [roll0] 4, crit on 18+

Eshkigal
2012-07-03, 10:09 PM
The little lizard barely feels it. In turn, he shoots fire at Amber.
[roll0]
[roll1]

MesiDoomstalker
2012-07-03, 10:33 PM
Sneaky sneaky sneaky STING! Batty pops her tail and eyes above the ground firing a barb at the Rufflet.

[roll0]
[roll1]

Eshkigal
2012-07-03, 10:37 PM
The rufflet takes the hit, and looks badly off. He moves in for a flurry of pecking, getting stopped if Batty goes unconscious.
[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]
[roll3]
[roll4]
[roll5]
[roll6]
[roll7]
[roll8]
[roll9]

Eshkigal
2012-07-03, 10:39 PM
Meanwhile, Tim blasts more fire down range.
[roll0]
[roll1]

Esprit15
2012-07-03, 10:42 PM
28/36
Amber takes the flame fairly well. "That was a stupid choice for me. Amber, Tackle."

AC: [roll0] 3
If crit: +[roll2]

MesiDoomstalker
2012-07-03, 11:24 PM
Sting! And dig! STINGDIG! Batty fires a barb at the charmander before diving under the surface again.

[roll0]
[roll1]

Eshkigal
2012-07-04, 06:33 PM
Timothy takes the barb and falls over, getting recalled. They look to the rufflet, and then Ianno leans in towards Donno's ear.
"What do you mean you only have two pokemon combat capable?! You have a full team!"
He leans in again.
"Oh, breeder couple, huh?"
Donno shakes his head.
"Guess it can't be helped. We're conceding, girls. Out of mon that are useable."
He gives you both three gold.

Esprit15
2012-07-04, 08:13 PM
The money floats and is split between the girls. "Thank you, that was a good match. Still need to work on my team. Never realized that it was so monotyped. Have to decide who stays home..." She looks a bit sad at the thought. "Breeder couple? What do you mean?"

MesiDoomstalker
2012-07-04, 08:22 PM
Lili stares at the coins like a homeless man stares at a turkey in a shop window. She bows deeply. Thank you sirs for the battle. She whistles and Batty pops out of the ground and hangs from Lili's outstretched arm. My friends need to heal.

Eshkigal
2012-07-04, 08:30 PM
Ianno ducks behind Donno as you both approach.
"Don't mind him, always been a git around any lady. Anyway, Ianno here met a pair of breeders with a camerupt in town. Left four mon with them, apparently has four eggs at home in exchange."
Nidhoggr rises up next to Batty, still not recalled. He gives an experimental nudge with his head.
"Anyway, we all could use a healer, true? On me, after your help on the Wall earlier. Also, if you see the captains, they have your descriptions and a ribbon for each of you."
He leads you guys to find a decent medic in town. There were quite a few, but considering the area, it does make sense...

Esprit15
2012-07-07, 10:46 AM
(Oops, neglected this)

After Simon and the others are patched up, Atna thanks Donno for the training. "I think Screech really benefited from this. He seems really energetic." The Nincada is crawling all over the ground, in what seems to be a good mood. "Must have liked fighting Nidhoggr." The Nincada jumps onto the Seviper at the mention of its name, to which Atna tries and fails to pull him off. "You silly bug! Get off of him!" Eventually he crawls off on his own. "We'll stop by the captains. Than you for the reminder." Once Lili is done, Atna guides her to find the captains.

MesiDoomstalker
2012-07-08, 01:11 AM
Batty immidiatly latches onto the snake's face as Gligar tend to do. She sticks a tongue out and shakes her tail menancingly. Hahahahaha Batty! Your so funny! Thank you again Mr. Donno for playing with us. And healing us! Lili skips along with the group to the medics then skips with Atna to the captians.

Eshkigal
2012-07-08, 08:47 PM
Nidhoggr sticks his tongue back out at her, waving his own tail. He departs after you all get your mon healed, but there are still dancing bellsprouts, so it's all good. Together, the two of you find Captain Marielle.
"Ah, hello Atna! I've been expecting you! Who's your friend?"
She pats Lili's head.

Esprit15
2012-07-08, 09:29 PM
"A girl I met just out of town. Why were you expecting me?"

Eshkigal
2012-07-08, 09:38 PM
"Your friend Donno mentioned you finally got vetted on the Wall, Atna. You know what that means."
She holds up two ribbons, and hands one to each of you.

Esprit15
2012-07-08, 09:48 PM
Atna gives a light bow as she takes the ribbon. "Didn't do much. Took an arrow to the knee side and got cut up by a bunch of leaves. Knocked over a pot of boiling oil on a Tropius. Hardly worth mention." She blushes slightly.

Eshkigal
2012-07-08, 10:08 PM
"We all start somewhere, Atna. What matters is you stood with us."
She smiles at the two of you.
"We do not serve upon the Wall for glory or praise. We serve because someone has to keep them at bay. Remember that."

MesiDoomstalker
2012-07-08, 10:12 PM
Lili grabs the captain's wrists and hangs from them like a Mankey. My name is Lili! Whats yours?

Eshkigal
2012-07-08, 10:17 PM
"Captain Marielle, Lili."
She lifts up as you hang on, smiling as she lifts Lili up and down that way. Mr. Jangly jingles with you, and the Bellsprout begin trying to hop up and down like it.
"Hah! Good grip! Tell me, are these your friends?"

MesiDoomstalker
2012-07-08, 10:38 PM
YA! They like Mr. Jangly! See? Lili shakes her rump, still hanging on. Mr. Jangly tinkles clunkily.

Eshkigal
2012-07-10, 11:26 AM
The captain laughs as they hop more, trying to move like Mr. Jangly.
"So I see! Reminds me of stories about someone near Atna's age with any rattata controlling flute."
She begins swinging Lili back and forth, gently. The bellsprout follow with their heads.
"Would you two like to do anything while you're here? Tiberius is busy with a challenger, and there's rarely another assault so soon after one, so I can help you out however you wish at the moment."

Esprit15
2012-07-10, 01:33 PM
Atna thinks for a moment. "Well I know you two are way out of my league to challenge, even with the amount of Grass on my team, unless you recommend otherwise... Hm, think I might leave Flora at home soon. Seems like something Mother would like to have around for some reason and I need more variety..." She begins mumbling to herself, thinking of anything that needed doing. "Oh, Damia here," she lets out the slightly larger than before Seedot "has no way to properly defend herself. Do you know of a Tutor that could teach her something, and how much it would be?"

Eshkigal
2012-07-10, 01:46 PM
"I know a few places. However, your coin purse looks like it may be a little light...oh, I know the perfect thing for you both! There have been sightings of some dark types to the west that are unusual for the region. Breeders would pay some good coin for exotic pokemon eggs, so if you caught one, it could help your team diversity and funds."

MesiDoomstalker
2012-07-10, 05:55 PM
That sounds fun! Lili flips around, without touching the ground, and starts swinging from the Captain's arm by her legs. Fun fundy fun fun.

Esprit15
2012-07-10, 06:06 PM
Atna laughs. "Well I guess that settles that question. Have to keep her out of trouble. Thanks for the idea. Need to get some supplies first. How many days' walk is it?"

MesiDoomstalker
2012-07-10, 06:21 PM
Lili hops down and pokes Atna's butt with an electrified finger, causing her hair to stand on end. I don't get into trouble. You just say I do!

Esprit15
2012-07-10, 06:42 PM
Need I remind you of when you tried to play with the Zigzagoon?

Eshkigal
2012-07-10, 06:45 PM
Meanwhile, Marielle just smirks as the two of you go.
"It's within a day and a half, but the pokemon tends to run off quickly. You need your cunning and wits for this, girls."

MesiDoomstalker
2012-07-10, 06:51 PM
Lili tilts her head quizically. What Zigzagoon?

Esprit15
2012-07-10, 06:54 PM
Atna replays the events in Lili's head.

"Thank you, Marielle." Atna gives a small bow and pulls the little girl away as she is reminded that she is a monster.

MesiDoomstalker
2012-07-10, 07:02 PM
Thats funny Ms. Atna! That's not me. I would never hurt anyone. Like ever! HAHAHAHAHA! Lili convulses like she was laughing but no actual sound comes out.

Esprit15
2012-07-10, 07:12 PM
"What you would do and what you actually did are two different things, Lili. That was your doing entirely. I was there. That's where the Bellsprout following us came from." Her voice is kind but still serious. Gah, did this girl's parents teach her responsibility at all?

MesiDoomstalker
2012-07-10, 07:27 PM
Lili twitches. PARENTS! I DON'T HAVE PARENTS! I HAVE AN AGGY! Electricty crackles between her fingers and dirt and dust start to swirl around her like before. Better act quickly!

Esprit15
2012-07-10, 07:30 PM
"Lili. Calm down. Now." Atna speaks slowly in a serious voice, the telepathic voice speaking in a similar manner. Simon looks at the girls nervously. He didn't like where this was going.

MesiDoomstalker
2012-07-10, 07:32 PM
Lili stamps the ground angrily. I am calm! See how calm I am!? You get a good look at her face, which is flush red and tears streaming down her face. Her arms are literally trembling.

Esprit15
2012-07-10, 07:44 PM
Atna just puts her hand on Lili's shoulder. "Lili, you're not calm." Atna's demeanor does change though as she wipes off a few tears from Lili's face. "I get that you're upset, but getting angry and throwing things is not the answer. Forgetting you ever did so and denying it is even worse." I'm only saying this now because otherwise we'd have to go through this all over again when I try to tell you later. Atna just waits. She didn't have a good enough feel for Lili to figure out how to calm her down, but sternness clearly wasn't the answer.

MesiDoomstalker
2012-07-10, 07:56 PM
I don't understand Ms. Atna. I don't remember doing that...How could I do something I don't remember? I don't understand. In Lili's mind, there seems to be something there. Like walls almost. Thick and sturdy.

Esprit15
2012-07-10, 08:08 PM
Atna hugs Lili as she calms down. "I honestly don't know. You were really broken up by it then, though. Seems like a defense mechanism. Probably to keep you calm if you did something that you would later be horrified by. Like the Zigzagoon. You will be fine though." Just worried about others...

MesiDoomstalker
2012-07-10, 08:18 PM
Lili sobs into Atna's shoulder. I'm sorry Ms. Atna. I'll try to be better. Say crackers! Say crackers whenever I get upset!

Esprit15
2012-07-10, 08:27 PM
Atna continues wiping tears from Lili. "Okay, I'll try that."

Esprit15
2012-07-10, 09:53 PM
Requested perception: [roll0]

MesiDoomstalker
2012-07-10, 09:58 PM
Preception of failzs: [roll0]

Eshkigal
2012-07-10, 10:19 PM
You inform your father and leave the Wall and head to the West. As night falls, Atna thinks she sees something in the shadows move, but it turns out to be a tree in the wind. Lili has too much fun with her little green companions to notice much of anything. You find a decent clearing, where it would be possible to set up camp.

Esprit15
2012-07-10, 10:40 PM
"Bloody trees, looking like things that they aren't... Simon, you don't really need sleep anymore. Could you keep a lookout while we rest?" Simon nods, floating a few feet off of the ground and patrolling in a circle. Atna starts preparing some food.

MesiDoomstalker
2012-07-10, 10:46 PM
OH! Batty can watch too! She's nok-, uh, nurk-, urm, noc-tur-eal. She releases the bat-mon who glides to a nearby tree and hangs up side down watching the girls.

Eshkigal
2012-07-11, 04:30 PM
As you prepare, Batty and Simon look to a sound at the East, as a tiny, brown, foxlike mon toddles out.
"Eev?"
It looks young. Young, hungry, and hoping for scraps.

Esprit15
2012-07-11, 04:36 PM
Atna looks up from the food in front of her. "Hey little guy. What are you doing here? Where is your family?" She also suddenly remembers that there were Dark types running around, and quickly recalls Simon to her and lets Screech out, telling the Nincada to tap the girls' heads if it sees anything later that night. "If you're hungry we could give you some food." She moves the dagger and sets off a small portion of food the right size for a young mon.

MesiDoomstalker
2012-07-12, 12:41 AM
Oh. My. Arceus! Its so adorable! Lili hops up and down. You want food little guy? Some pokemon food floats from Lili's bag and lands gentily along with Atna's food.

Eshkigal
2012-07-12, 05:51 AM
It looks at the food and happily begins eating adorably. As you watch, Batty lets out a hiss from behind you both. Turning, you see a nearly completely black pokemon with glowing golden rings on it's body stealing the rest of your food, about to bolt off. A second one bursting from tree cover to gently pick up the brown one in it's mouth.
You have one round to immobilize them before they run off, taking your food supplies and their baby with them.

Esprit15
2012-07-12, 09:40 AM
Atna frowns and flicks her hand in the direction of the one grabbing the food, lifting it several feet off the ground, her food supplies falling back to earth. Lili, stop the other ones. They were mean and took our food. She looks at the Umbreon above her. "You know, we were already giving away food. There was no need for theft," she says coldly. The dagger floats at her side, pointing towards the Umbreon.

Improved Telekinesis: Lift 60lbs within 5m
Umbreon weigh 59.5 lbs

MesiDoomstalker
2012-07-12, 09:42 AM
Don't leave! I just wanna play! Lili throws her arms into the air, whipping her wrists around. Bring her palms upward, she quickly closed our fingers into a tepe-shape. The ground beneath the mon carrying the other has 4 cones shoot up, trying to catch the mon's feet withitn them.

[roll0]

Eshkigal
2012-07-12, 01:27 PM
You lift one up, and it panics, legs flailing about as it tries to get back down, causing it to spin in the air. The other gives a muffled yip of surprise as cones sprout around it's legs, only one leg getting caught in them. The one holding the young mon tries to fling the eevee to safety. You see both parents have wounds in their pelts from man made weaponry.
The baby gives a growl of challenge that just sounds cute, pawing at the ground before charging. Your mon are faster if you want to try fighting the little puffball.

Esprit15
2012-07-12, 01:50 PM
"Relax, we just don't want our food taken. We'll share some if you stay calm." The dagger lowers as she sees the wounds. "Who attacks a mon and lets it go? I could see hunting them for a pelt, but just injuring them is odd."

Atna grabs a bit of food and offers it to the floating Umbreon, floating the small amount of food over to it. "Relax, we're friendly."

CHA roll [roll0]

"Lili, try not to hurt them. They don't look well."

MesiDoomstalker
2012-07-12, 07:49 PM
Why would I hurt these cuties!? I'm appalled Ms. Atna. Lili takes in a deep breath and approaches in front of the baby. She exhales slowly, placing her hands on the ground in front of her. The grass their glows green and begins to expand and grow upwards. Eat! Its yummy nummy grass!

Esprit15
2012-07-12, 08:02 PM
Just by accident, not intentionally.

Eshkigal
2012-07-12, 08:40 PM
And the baby was already charging you! It bops it's head against your shin, trying to defeat the people that captured mommy and daddy!
[roll0]
[roll1]
Both umbreon are freaked the hell out. You think one believes you're trying to kill it with a pork chop (or whatever dinner was).

Esprit15
2012-07-12, 09:01 PM
"Sorry, still a bit clumsy with this." She tries to be more careful in offering the food.
CHA: [roll0]
"Simon, take the attack for Lili!" Simon tries to fly in the way of the charging Eevee.
Intercept: [roll1] DC: 11

"I'd really rather not kill your child, but if you keep this up I will." She shakes as she says the words.

MesiDoomstalker
2012-07-12, 09:01 PM
Batty swoops down and tries to block the attack for Lili. She's such a good bat.

[roll0]

Eshkigal
2012-07-12, 09:08 PM
The one captured by Lili begins gnawing on it's foot as it sees two large, dangerous mon near it's baby. The other one whines, still trying to find some way out of this mess. It's thrashings are getting more frantic and violent. More and it may be moving too much to keep levitating easily.

Esprit15
2012-07-12, 09:20 PM
"JUDGE IT! WE WERE TRYING TO JUST GIVE YOU SOME MUKING FOOD!!!" Images get broadcasted to the Umbreon of Atna giving the Eevee some food and it walking off, Atna properly getting the food to the floating Umbreon, so forth. She then shows them the fight continuing. Atna slamming the floating Umbreon into the ground, Lili draining it of life, moving on to the one that is gnawing its leg, the Eevee possibly dying similarly if it does anything. She adds a feeling of regret if this happens.
CHA: [roll0]

If the Umbreon continue to struggle (the roll fails), Atna gives up and slams the Umbreon into a nearby tree. "Lili, drain it. They won't listen and I'm not letting us get hurt to try and reason with wilds." She's sad as she says this. Well, the wilds are wilds.

Eshkigal
2012-07-12, 09:23 PM
They cower at you, and look terrified. But they stop.

MesiDoomstalker
2012-07-12, 09:28 PM
Lili nods to Simon in thanks then turns her attention to the one she had trapped. She sends an image of the family happy and full, Atna and Lili waiving as they leave. She appraoches cautiously and gives it a tight hug.

[roll0] Cha

Eshkigal
2012-07-12, 09:31 PM
It looks terrified out of it's skull as you approach, and cowers slightly. But you do get your hug. It winces as you go in, before looking at you like it was expecting you to stab it. It seems confused when you let go.
It's leg is also bleeding currently.

Esprit15
2012-07-12, 09:40 PM
Dang, Atna didn't have a whole lot of medical training. Part of why she wanted to become an Empath: Healing mons and people. Not hurting things. She takes out a vial of potion and applies it to the Umbreon's side.
[roll0]
The Umbreon is still floating, but it's not 5 meters off the ground now, just a few inches. The food still sits in front of it, well within range of its mouth.

MesiDoomstalker
2012-07-14, 10:28 PM
Lili lifts the Eevee gentily off the ground and places it by the Umbreon Atna is holding in place. She proceeds to hug both of them in one giant bear hug. Mental images of Lili carrying for the family, feeding them, grooming them and being happy flood all 3 of their minds. I only wish to help.

[roll]1d20+1[/rolll]

Esprit15
2012-07-14, 10:31 PM
*rolls a nat 1* [roll0]

Eshkigal
2012-07-15, 09:51 PM
They're still freaked out, but less so. They seem willing to stay in one spot at least.

Esprit15
2012-07-15, 10:21 PM
Atna tentatively lets the Umbreon stand on the ground, slowly placing the mon to let it get its footing, before letting it support itself. She takes a deep breath. It was tough to support that much mass. She holds the bag of supplies closely to her body. She takes the food and splits it among the 5 of them. Screech has contented himself to sucking on a tree root, and Atna eats quietly.

She does her best to communicate her thoughts to the Umbreons. No desire to hurt them, leaving the family in peace. (Waving to the family as they walk away) If the Eevee wanted, it could follow her and Lili. (The Eevee following the girls) They could even show that they could take care of the young mon in a mock battle, if the parents didn't trust them. (One of Atna's or Lili's weaker mons having a friendly battle with the Eevee, one of the girls catching the Eevee, then letting it out to heal any injuries)

She has Simon try to communicate this to the Umbreon if they didn't understand her images.

Eshkigal
2012-07-18, 09:42 AM
The umbreon touches down, before going over to it's mate carefully. Checking they're both okay, it tries some food before sharing with the others.

Esprit15
2012-07-18, 10:31 AM
"Gah, finally." The girl sighs and continues eating in peace.

MesiDoomstalker
2012-07-20, 01:54 AM
Lili watches the family eat their food quietly. It was a bit creepy looking to be honest. She was on her knees, hands on the ground. She looked almost wild like that. When they finished eating, she slowly crawled towards them and tries to kiss one of the Umbreon on the forehead, dead center of the golden ring.

[roll0]

Eshkigal
2012-07-20, 02:03 AM
They look to each other, as if they finally understand what's going on. The one that is currently free of having its legs bound begins licking Lili's head, trying to smooth her hair back.

Esprit15
2012-07-20, 02:04 AM
Atna tries to pet the young Eevee, backing off quickly if the parents show any sign of discomfort at the action.

Eshkigal
2012-07-20, 02:08 AM
The eevee licks your hand a bit first.

MesiDoomstalker
2012-07-20, 02:10 AM
Lili giggles like the little girl she is. Hey! That tickles! As she laughs, the rock surrounding the other's leg cracks and crumbles to dust.

Esprit15
2012-07-20, 02:12 AM
"Well my offer was honest. Do you want to come with us?" An image of the Eevee walking with the girls is pushed into the young mon and its parents' minds. She holds a crystal out.

Esprit15
2012-07-20, 02:17 AM
Here's to: [roll0]

MesiDoomstalker
2012-07-20, 02:22 AM
Lili produces a Quartz and presents it to the Parents. Join? Images of the family traveling with the girls, happy for all time.

[roll0]

Eshkigal
2012-07-20, 02:29 AM
One umbreon touches Atna's quartz, and goes in. (10, male) The other's too busy grooming Lili to notice. The eevee toddles forward and curls up at Atna's foot.

Esprit15
2012-07-20, 02:44 AM
Atna instantly lets the Umbreon back out to it could be with her- she looks at the wand- his child, and pets him and the Eevee. "Welcome to the happy, dysfunctional family, Shadow." She yawns. "Lili, just let her groom you. She'll come on her own. Need to sleep." She sends an image to the Umbreon, him and the Nincada watching for wilds that would hurt them and how to wake the girls if something happens.

MesiDoomstalker
2012-07-20, 09:12 AM
Ok Ms. Atna. Lili hugs the mother tight before perparing a soft spot for her and the mother to sleep. Nice cushy grass, soft sand underneath. Comfy.

Eshkigal
2012-07-22, 08:38 PM
The umbreon curls up where your head would go, the baby between her paws. Shadow does likewise for his new assumed daughter.

MesiDoomstalker
2012-07-22, 08:39 PM
Show it, void it!

MesiDoomstalker
2012-07-22, 08:44 PM
Lili lays gently against the soft, black fur. She is soon sound asleep, Batty hanging overhead looking out for any more distractions.

Esprit15
2012-07-22, 08:47 PM
Atna stores the leftover food and buries any garbage just near the edge of the clearing they were in before lying next to the Umbreon. Screech sits quietly at Atna's leg, watching for anything dangerous.

Eshkigal
2012-07-25, 10:12 AM
You're woken up in the night by burning discomfort where you touched the umbreons and by Batty's screech. Looking around, you see a pair of tan snouts working on the garbage from below the soil.

Esprit15
2012-07-25, 11:18 AM
Atna spasms. "Ow, gah, what is that!?" She starts scratching at the side of her face and her forearms. She finally spots the tan creatures. And what the void are those? Hm, digging and preferring to stay underground. Probably ground. Still, they were doing no harm. She lets Amber out just in case though and begins squirm trying to not scratch at the pain.

MesiDoomstalker
2012-07-25, 05:47 PM
Lili squeals and starts rubbing her face frantically. OWIE! Oowowowowowowowowoowowow! It stings Ms. Atna! Help me!

Esprit15
2012-07-25, 06:03 PM
Nothing I can do. It's a toxin in the Umbreon's sweat, normally released only when they are panicked. Our introduction wasn't the friendliest, so it makes sense that this would result. Have to just tough it out. It'll wear off after a while. Atna leans against a tree and watches the creatures eat the scraps, scanning them and looking Atthe data that shows up.

Eshkigal
2012-07-26, 10:02 PM
As you move, the mon stop, then rapidly disappear*. They seem to have left.
Meanwhile, it's right about now a tiny blue ball of fur and happiness drops on Lili from a branch, being delightfully squishy.

*Perception checks please

Esprit15
2012-07-26, 10:06 PM
Perception: [roll0]

Atna watches the ball tackle the girl. She'd be fine, the little guy was small, and seemed friendly. She scans it with the wand.

MesiDoomstalker
2012-07-26, 10:16 PM
Forgetting about the pain on her face OHMYARCEUSITSADORABLE!Andsquishy!Andcute. I'mgoingtoloveyouforever! She squeezes the furry ball of squishy.

[roll0]

Eshkigal
2012-07-27, 04:42 AM
The spheal squeaks happily in the hug. Then one of the umbreons begins growling. A sandy head has popped up, and judging by the response, tried to bite one of them.

Esprit15
2012-07-27, 03:06 PM
Atna: 80/80
Screech: 32/32 (Speed 10)
Simon: 37/37 (Speed 8)
Amber: 37/37 (Speed 5)
Shadow: 52/52 (Speed 5)
Atna panics at the sight of the head and flings her dagger at the head. "Amber, defend!" The Chikorita quickly responds by sending some sharp leaves at the head.

Telekinetic Fighter
Normal
AC: [roll0] 4
If Crit: [roll2]

Razor Leaf
Grass
AC: [roll3] 4, Crit on 18+
Damage: [roll4]
If Crit: +[roll5]

MesiDoomstalker
2012-07-28, 12:23 AM
EEK! GO AWAY! Lili outstreches both arms, the ball of squishie in the left. From her right arm, spectral green tendrils fly towards the head, while the left hand squeezes the squishie who blows out flaky white stuff at the head.

[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]
[roll3]

Eshkigal
2012-07-28, 09:51 PM
Where Atna and Amber miss, Lili and Squishy succeed! The pokemon is drained dry and then frozen, buried beneath the snow.
There is a rumbling from below you, though.

MesiDoomstalker
2012-07-28, 10:00 PM
Lili twirls one arm, releasing a couple of vines from the trees above. They wrap around her arms, waist and knees pulling her up into the branches. The other hand thrusts violently at the snow, releasing a powerful gust of wind. The ball of squishy floats by her head, rolling around playfully.

Once safely in the branches, more vines drop down and wrap gentily around the mamma Umbreon, lifting her up as well.

Esprit15
2012-07-28, 10:04 PM
"Good hit." Atna backs towards a tree and tries to climb part way up one to get out of range, lightening her body with her telekinesis to make climbing easier. Wish I was stronger. Feels odd dropping half her weight. Whether she succeeds or not, she tosses a quartz to the Eevee.

STR Check: [roll0]
Capture: [roll1]

Eshkigal
2012-07-28, 10:10 PM
The eevee goes in the ball and the umbreon is lifted up, as Lili goes into the tree. Atna falls, though, not finding a good grip. The rumbling grows, as more sandiles suddenly surface on the other side of this clearing, clmbing out of the soil and teeth snapping greedily.

Esprit15
2012-07-28, 10:16 PM
Atna's eyes go wide as more appear. Calm, be strong for Lili. "Amber, focus and try again." Atna focuses on hitting one of the creatures while Amber fires more leaves.

Tele Fighter
Normal, Physical
AC: [roll0] 4

Razor Leaf
Grass, Physical
AC: [roll3] 4, Crit on 18+
Damage: [roll4]
If Crit: +[roll5]

MesiDoomstalker
2012-07-29, 10:50 PM
Here Mama, I'll help you. Lili tosses a Quartz at the mamma Umbreon, before Mr. Squishy fires off a blast of water at one of the Sandile.

[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]

Eshkigal
2012-07-31, 09:41 PM
Amber hits, slicing one up badly. Two more sandiles are out, and move towards Atna and Amber, ignoring Squishy and Lili's attacks.
Until the umbreon falls on one, slamming it hard and purposefully as the quartz crystal shatters around it. It holds your opponents off at the cost of it's own wellbeing, but more rumbling comes from below you.
[roll0]-Bite
[roll1]
Jaws wrap around Atna's leg, tearing into soft flesh.

Esprit15
2012-07-31, 09:53 PM
Atna: 64/80

Atna cringes at the bite and tenses up. Amber, hit another one. I'll take care of this one. Her thoughts are scattered, but she's fine.

Atna Flinched

Amber used Razor Leaf
Grass, Physical
AC: [roll0] 4, Crit on 18-20

MesiDoomstalker
2012-07-31, 09:54 PM
C'mon momma, come here! Lili tosses the final quartz. Mr. Squishie fires off another blast of fluffy snow.

[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]

Eshkigal
2012-08-03, 04:59 PM
The momma ducks the quartz, before slamming one of the sandiles. Mr. Squishie causes one to crack, and it gives a squeaky roar in pain before chomping on Momma with it's two wounded buddies. She's still up, but she's aching. Meanwhile, the one by Atna goes for a bite.
[roll0]
[roll1]
Three of the sandiles are nearly unconscious.

MesiDoomstalker
2012-08-03, 05:03 PM
Momma please! Your hurt! Mr. Squishie fires more snow at an uninjured Sandile while Lili picks up the thrown Quartz and tosses it at the momma again with telekinesis.

[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]

Esprit15
2012-08-03, 05:14 PM
Atna: 47/80
Atna seizes up again at the bite. Amber, please kill this thing. She didn't like killing things, but sometimes...

Atna flinched again. -_-

Amber used Razor Leaf
AC: [roll0] 4, Crit on 18-20

Eshkigal
2012-08-03, 05:25 PM
Amber launches leaves again, and this time it becomes so much chunky salsa. Mr Squishie takes out one of the ones on Momma, and she knocks out a third. The quartz shatters this time, unfortunately.

MesiDoomstalker
2012-08-03, 05:30 PM
Awww momma.... Here Ms. Atna I'll help! Lili raises her arms and both sandile float into the air away from Atna. Mr. Squishie squirts more water at one.

[roll0]
[roll1]

Eshkigal
2012-08-03, 05:35 PM
And another's unconscious. One left to capture, and it's squeaking panickedly.

Esprit15
2012-08-03, 05:39 PM
Atna gets up and limps to the floating Sandile, slamming its head with a quartz. If it fails, Amber tackles it.

Capture: [roll0]

Tackle
AC: [roll1] 3
Damage: [roll2]
If Crit: +[roll3]

Eshkigal
2012-08-03, 05:43 PM
With the injuries heaped upon it, that's a capture. The last sandile disappears into the quartz, and the momma lies down, tired and injured but still conscious.

Sandile, Male, 7. 525 exp for participating mon.

Esprit15
2012-08-03, 09:13 PM
Atna proceeds to telekitetically throw the remains of the Sandile that bit her at a tree. Not as satisfying as actually hearing or feeling it break, but it filled the need to do damage in return. "...don't ever do that, Lili." She grabs at the wound on her leg. Stupid Sandiles... But she caught one. These were hopefully the odd Dark mons that the Captains had mentioned. Should have asked if he could think of an image of them before she left. She goes to work cleaning the wound and applying some medicine to the bites.

Atna uses Poltuce (Fresh Water equivilent, IIRC) and gains 30 HP.

Atna: 77/80

Eshkigal
2012-08-03, 09:17 PM
You reach into chunky salsa and toss it at a tree. The mother lets you treat her wounds, lying down and whining occasionally.

Esprit15
2012-08-05, 11:50 PM
Her desire to try and harm one of the Sandile partially satisfied, Atna puts Screech back on watch and curls up to finish sleeping, not cuddling up to the Umbreon this time, sadly.

MesiDoomstalker
2012-08-06, 12:11 AM
Lili yawns and slumps, falling asleep admist the tangle of vines that held her in place. Mr. Squishee floated slowly into her arms, and held tight.

Eshkigal
2012-08-09, 04:20 AM
The little spheal squeaks slightly as you both go to sleep, and the rest of the night passes uneventfully. The next morning, you wake up to the mother sniffing through bags for food, the remaining sandile bodies having their necks broken in the night and one experimentally half eaten. Guess they taste too foul.

Esprit15
2012-08-09, 08:08 AM
Well, so much for trying to cook them- right, no fire anyways. She stretches and gets up, motioning the Umbreon away from the bag. Didn't expect to catch so many larger mons. She splits up some food for everyone for breakfast. "Well if either of these are the Darks mentioned, I'd say we start back early so that we don't get ambushed in the middle ofthe night. Need to find a Breeder anyways. Sell a few eggs if they are as rare as we were told."

Eshkigal
2012-08-10, 05:12 PM
Around the camp, bellsprout stretch and move. Mr. Jangly is jostled by the wind, and they reach up to the vines holding it, causing them to lengthen and lower the crazed cargo and her spheal, still sound asleep on her.

MesiDoomstalker
2012-08-12, 09:40 PM
Lili stirs slowly at the movement of the vines.Hello friends. Where are you taking me? Lili coddles the tiny Spheal in her arms, trying her best to not wake the sleeping darling.

Sandile Exp?

Esprit15
2012-08-12, 10:52 PM
Atna slowly stirs, woken up by Mr. Jangly. "Bleh, note to self: Never terrify an Umbreon if it is your only thing to use as a pillow." She pops her neck with one arm while scratching at one of the rashes from the poison. "Hey Lili, ready to turn back? Want to get that Sandile bred quickly and trade it off. Maybe find something else that hasn't bitten me in the a-" She pauses before swearing in front of the little girl. "Anyways, let's go."

Eshkigal
2012-08-15, 07:36 PM
The bellsprout just try jangling more. Mama licks at the rashes, and the spheal sleeps still. Atna manages to find some food.

Esprit15
2012-08-15, 07:48 PM
Atna rolls up what little gear they have and hands Lili and the Umbreon some of the food as they walk back towards the Wall.

MesiDoomstalker
2012-08-15, 07:55 PM
Uh, Ms. Atna? Help please? Our little friends won't let me down A single line of worry crosses Lili's brow.

Eshkigal
2012-08-15, 07:59 PM
The bellsprout shake again, and one shoots vines out above you. It extends it's vines down, and wraps itself in your hair. It's vines wrap around your head, and you hear a soothing voice in your head.
Welcome, plant child.
The bellsprout shake, and you are fully lowered.

MesiDoomstalker
2012-08-15, 08:02 PM
HI WEIRD VOCIE! My name is Lili! Not Plant Child silly! Lili beams a smile at nothing in particular since she doesn't know where the voice comes from.

Esprit15
2012-08-15, 08:02 PM
Atna looks back at the spectacle of the little girl and the Bellsprout, not sure whether to be concerned or not.

Eshkigal
2012-08-15, 08:05 PM
The bellsprout on your head swings forward, long back sinuously coiling to look at you directly.
"Bell."
You are our chosen. Our voice. You are Lili, and you are the Plant Child.

MesiDoomstalker
2012-08-15, 08:14 PM
Oh! Well Hiya! You want me to talk for you? Pour quo?

Eshkigal
2012-08-15, 08:17 PM
You hold the Sacred Jangly thing. It's chime speaks to us, talk to us. They tell us of you. Do you accept your title?

MesiDoomstalker
2012-08-15, 08:24 PM
YES! Yes I do! YAY! Lili jumps up and down excitedly, hanging in the air a moment during each jump.

Esprit15
2012-08-15, 08:28 PM
And now she's jumping. Why is she jumping. "Um, Lili, what are you doing?"

MesiDoomstalker
2012-08-15, 08:37 PM
Lili gently floats over to Atna, twirling slowly in the air. She comes to rest at face level, 'lieing' in the air in front of Atna. I'm the Plant Child silly! Didn't you hear?!

Esprit15
2012-08-15, 08:41 PM
"No, not really... But that sounds like an apt name for you, with all the Bellsprout you have following you." Maybe she was playing a game. She gives Lili a light shove through the air so that the girl would move along with her as they walked. "Berries? I found them a little while earlier. They're pretty good." She holds out a few small berries to Lili.

MesiDoomstalker
2012-08-15, 08:46 PM
Lili 'walks' in the air behind Atna munching on berries. She hands some to Mamma before talking to her kicking crown again. Are you a special Bellsprout? I've never seen a grass type being able to talk!

Esprit15
2012-08-15, 10:16 PM
Atna walks quietly, occasionally watching Lili talk to the Bellsprout. Odd that she was so, well, bad at Telepathy. Didn't even seem to try to focus on who she spoke to. A lot was odd about the girl, actually, poor Telepathy skills being very low on the list. But so be it. The gods apparently paired them up for a reason. Would be good to honor their wishes, whatever they were. Her thoughts slowly go between various happenings from their time leaving the Wall up until now. What brought the Sandile over here? Rather odd for a desert dweller to attack them where they were. A twinge of pain goes through her body as her brain reconstructed the memory of the one biting her. Shame the leaves killed it. Oh well, breed it, sell the eggs, give one to the captain as they were interested in them, leave it at home for mother to study. Maybe she'd try to make a medicine from its bones. "Heh." Shouldn't be so cruel though. It's not like it could understand you, and was just doing what it naturally would: hunt. Though she responded in defense, as any human naturally would do, so fair's fair. Oh well, study subject for mother now. Damia and Flora too, though she'll probably be studying fertilizers on them or something. Hm, breeding Shadow might be smart too. Eevee eggs would sell well probably, find a good home for them....

Atna continues thinking as they make the trek back to the Wall.

Eshkigal
2012-08-16, 09:53 AM
I am called the Bellsprout Sage. Every 1000 years, the Light of Arceus shines down upon seventeen species of pokemon, one for each of the types, and a Sage is born unto them. They seek out a human who shares traits with their kind, and this one is their chosen prophet among them, to spread the gospel and doctrine of our people. You are the prophet of the Grass types, of the Bellsprout. The only one able to hear me. You are the Plant Child.
The bellsprout sways in the wind.
Only one doctrine can be the truth, though. Others will try to silence you, and you will have to show them the might of the Grass types.

Aside from the ramblings of Lili, the trip's uneventful, with you arriving late in the day back at the Wall. Mama looks scared about going in.

MesiDoomstalker
2012-08-16, 06:27 PM
So, I'm, like, the grass queen?! SWEET! And your my crown! YAY! The fact Lili is also attuned to Ground, Rock, Flying and Electric types did not occur to her, something that may or may not occur to her later.

Eshkigal
2012-08-18, 10:10 PM
(THERE CAN BE ONLY ONE!)

It takes most of the day to reach town again. There has been more dialogue between bellsprout crown and Lili, and Atna has likely been slightly wierded out. The bellsprout kept dancing. Mama Umbra seems unhappy with the idea of entering a populated area, scared of it.

Esprit15
2012-08-18, 10:28 PM
Atna waves to the guard as she enters the town, going straight for where she figured the captain would be.

Eshkigal
2012-08-22, 10:20 PM
You find Teresa checking over siege weaponry, and she looks up at you both.
"Ah, hey girls! How was the hunt?"

Meanwhile, Mama Umbreon seems scared still! What do, Prophet of the Bellsprout?

Esprit15
2012-08-22, 11:26 PM
"Not as well as I could have hoped. Got ambushed by this little guy," she lets out the Sandile and quickly floats it into the air, "and some of his vile little family." Bastard bit me in the ass! "I'm thinking of leaving it home for my mother to do any Sandile-related experiments she thinks of. If you want an egg from it, you may want to speak up before she does something crazy like she did with that Emolga egg you asked her to watch. Uxie knows why she thought its yolk and shell were any better of a fertilizer than any other egg... Anyways, you or your husband sounded interested, so I thought I'd offer." The Sandile squirms in the air, but is held easily.

MesiDoomstalker
2012-08-23, 04:21 PM
Lily jumps down and gently caresses Mamma's head. She gently touches her forehead to the Umbreon's head. She sends images of Lily protecting Mamma and her family from evil humans with her kicking Bellsprout crown. Oh wait! The crown! Ms. Crown? Can you tell Mamma here that I'll protect her, she doesn't need to be afraid?

Eshkigal
2012-08-30, 09:46 AM
Alas, it takes most of my power to speak with you. I cannot reach others, verbally or mentally.

Meanwhile, Teresa looks the sandile over.
"Yes, that does look like a dark type that isn't from around here...Would you like to trade it, or breed it? They make good tunnelers, and their final forms are kind of like easier to handle tyranitars."

Esprit15
2012-08-30, 09:50 AM
"A trade would be nice. Were you asking for yourself, or just suggesting I look around?"

MesiDoomstalker
2012-08-30, 09:51 AM
Oh alright. Lily continues to try and console Mamma with soothing images and songs.

MesiDoomstalker
2012-08-30, 10:08 AM
[roll0] babbling charisma!

Eshkigal
2012-08-30, 10:45 PM
"Breeders, Atna. You asked for money, after all."
The sandile begins spinning in the grasp, and looks like it's getting dizzy...

Mama Umbreon whimpers, but follows you in, keeping very close to you.

Esprit15
2012-08-30, 10:50 PM
"Right... Forgot you even mentioned that. Know any good ones with a Ditto that might we willing, since it's male? If they are particularly good I'd be willing to split how ever many eggs it and the Ditto lay, even." Atna smiles at the suffering of the Sandile before recalling it. Maybe you'll be careful about who you bite next time.

Eshkigal
2012-08-30, 10:56 PM
The Captain writes down a list of names and addresses, before handing it to you. Some are familiar.
"Those should be the breeders most willing to pay for one of their own. Anything else you and your friend could use, Atna?"

MesiDoomstalker
2012-08-30, 10:57 PM
Lily pulls on Atna's pant leg. Ms. Atna? I need more quartz. Mamma is scared. I think she'll be more comfortable inside a quartz.

Esprit15
2012-08-30, 11:01 PM
We'll get you some soon. Don't break these ones though. "Not much, Lili wants to find some quartz to properly capture this Umbreon that's following her and its child. Do you know any breeders that would be interested in the Sandile?"

Eshkigal
2012-08-30, 11:33 PM
"Hang on..."
Teresa finishes writing the info down and hands it to you.
"Some of them work for me and Tiberius, others are freelancers. I hope you two get enough to take care of yourselves."
She pats you both on the head gently.

Esprit15
2012-08-30, 11:52 PM
"Thanks!" Atna looks over the list. Hm, they were pretty good if I remember right... Atna heads over to a small store first to get Lili some quartz, or maybe something better. She picks up some stuff for healing and mon capture. She also looks at some stones, if they have any.

Prices for Lum Lum Juice, evo stones and Quartz, please?

Eshkigal
2012-08-31, 12:41 AM
It takes a little time, but you get an offer of 10 gold to just be given a chance to breed it, and another 10 upon that to own the beast. You take the first one, but turn down the second for now. Quartz are 1 gold each, Lumlum juice 2, and the shipments from Pyresbough (Fire city, forge and reinforcing city to the Wall) have been disrupted of late by a strange beast, meaning none are in stock currently.

Esprit15
2012-08-31, 12:48 AM
Atna buys some LumLum Juice and three more Quartz.

"Thank you. Just be careful with him. He bites. A lot." She hands over the crystal containing the Sandile to the Breeder.

MesiDoomstalker
2012-09-01, 10:10 PM
Lili buys 7 quartz, saving the rest for later.

Alright Mamma. Lets make this official. Lili chucks balls over and over again, till one succeeds.

[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]
[roll3]
[roll4]
[roll5]
[roll6]

Eshkigal
2012-09-02, 11:56 AM
"That's what rope's for, miss. I'll be done tomorrow."

Mama Umbra goes in on the first ball, with people surprised that was actually wild. Level 10 female umbreon.

It is currently 5 PM. Do you have other business to attend to?

Esprit15
2012-09-02, 12:12 PM
Atna give the man a nod and remembers the location of his house while she heads home. Hm, not very many mechanical forces she could continue to examine, at least with how her powers have developed. Though Lili could help with her electrical abilities. Hm...

She continues to think as she walks home, and checks on the green egg that she had brought home the other day.

Eshkigal
2012-09-02, 09:42 PM
You look, and notice little difference. The thing inside has formed more, but...
Wait. Is it supposed to giggle like that? You hold your head close and notice it seems to be snoring. The movement jostles it, and it blinks at you!
[roll0]-1 male, 2 female
Lili seems to have been following Atna, too, making giant, growlithe like eyes at her, begging for something. But what?

Esprit15
2012-09-02, 10:04 PM
Hey little guy. The mon jiggles a bit, but remains quiet. Its neural activity was very active too. Odd, a...ah, Solosis, according to the wand. Psychic, so why doesn't it say anything? So apparently you don't speak yet. But that's okay, none of the rest of my team speaks either. She was disappointed that the Psychic type didn't seem to have any telepathic abilities, but oh well. The Solosis jiggled happily and clings to Atna's back.

"Do you need something, Lili?"

MesiDoomstalker
2012-09-03, 07:13 PM
Uh, Ms. Atna? May I stay with you tonight? Lili puts on her sweetest, most Growlithe Eye'd face she can muster.

Esprit15
2012-09-03, 07:22 PM
"You don't have any- right... Of course you can!" She shows Lili around. Simon sits on Lili's head, next to the Bellsprout crown.

MesiDoomstalker
2012-09-03, 07:26 PM
Simon is gently pushed away with a telekinetic nudge. Be careful. I don't want to disturb it.

Eshkigal
2012-09-03, 09:45 PM
You two settle into the house, Lili put into the room with Atna, mon of their choice out. The two of you fade to sleep, only for you both to be woken up by some strange song coursing through the Wall. It's coming from outside.

MesiDoomstalker
2012-09-03, 09:52 PM
Lili jumps up and down, shaking Atna violently trying to rouse her. Ms. Atna! Ms. Atna! Wake up! There's singing outside! Can't you hear it!? C'mon Ms. Atna, Puffball, Ms. Crown! Lets go! I hear it as well Plant Child. Skip! Skiploom!

Esprit15
2012-09-03, 09:54 PM
What is that sound? Simon huddles closer to Atna as she wakes up and looks outside to see what's making that noise outside, trying not to wake Lili if she was still asleep. And then her voice started speaking in Atna's head. Still, don't want to wake mother and father, though it must have woken them already as well.

Eshkigal
2012-09-03, 10:02 PM
You both go outside, and look around. The rest of the Wall seems to not hear it, save for one or two candles in the distance of heavily psychic families. The Wall, save for the guards on duty, is still.
Then you look up, and see two of the largest birds you have ever seen circling in the sky, singing to each other. Both are black in color, with white pinpricks in their wings that seem to glimmer like stars. Both also stare down as they circle, one eye open. Their circles tighten, and their wings overlap for just a second, a brilliant symbol of three triangles intersecting appearing in them both for a split second as they pass.

MesiDoomstalker
2012-09-03, 10:06 PM
Lili stares at the birds in amazement. Her mouth opens slowly Wooooooooooooow..... Puff stares at her owner bewildered, as does Ms. Crown.

Esprit15
2012-09-03, 10:12 PM
Only half of Atna's surprise comes from the two giant birds, which were both impressive in their own right. Hearing Lili verbally make noise was almost as surprising, and she nearly jumped at the sound of it.

Eshkigal
2012-09-03, 10:25 PM
The two great birds cross once, twice, thrice more, then peel away from each other, one flying over the Wall and the other above the siege region. Both curve into a flight path due North, and head off into the distance that way, slowly shrinking across the horizon.

MesiDoomstalker
2012-09-03, 10:33 PM
Ms. Atna! Did you see that!? That was amazing! Lili jumps up and down excitedly, flipping over the older girl with her powers.

Esprit15
2012-09-03, 10:38 PM
What on Earth did I just see. "I saw, I think..." Must be a dream. Atna returns to bed and passes out with Simon in her arms.

LATER THAT MORNING
Atna wakes up with the memory of the birds still fresh in her head, very unlike a dream. Odd. Maybe mother would know about it. Atna works on making breakfast while the house slowly wakes up.

Eshkigal
2012-09-05, 07:56 AM
As you get up, you notice your wand has a new entry, apparently. Honchkrow. And it looks a lot like the pokemon you think were dreams.

Esprit15
2012-09-05, 08:02 PM
That's...odd. They're similar, but nowhere near that small. And they had a marking on them. Odd...ask mom. She might know. The Solosis floats over to her and sits on Atna's head as she makes breakfast. Glad it was still small.

MesiDoomstalker
2012-09-05, 08:29 PM
MS. ATNA! Is all Atna hears before a flying Lili crashes into her, giggling. Good morning Ms. Atna! Did you see those birds last night!? They were so pretty!

Esprit15
2012-09-05, 08:50 PM
"I think so... Wonder what they were up to. And why the town wasn't panicking at the noise."

MesiDoomstalker
2012-09-05, 08:59 PM
You worry too much Ms. Atna. Lili skips away, floating a bit on each skip.

Eshkigal
2012-09-05, 09:03 PM
Your mother and father eventually come out of two rooms, your mom having a couple sheets of paper attached to her face where she must've passed out while working.
"Hello you two. How're you today?"

Esprit15
2012-09-05, 09:04 PM
So innocent. How on earth am I going to toughen her up. Worry when the time comes. She's young enough still to enjoy the rest of her childhood. "Oh, well. Did you hear those birds last night?"

Eshkigal
2012-09-06, 11:27 PM
Your mother looks at you oddly.
"Birds? What birds?"
A quick scan shows neither one of your parents caught any of the bird song.