PDA

View Full Version : Young Justice/Avengers/Spiderman Question

Hopeless
2012-06-20, 08:03 AM
If you could choose the cast for a new superhero series whether live action, animated or you tube series ala Super Best Friends Forever who would you select and what backstory would you have for them?

Me I would love a Gotham series but have Batman not be the central character, maybe throw in a cameo or better yet infer his presence but make it about the other characters.

Maybe a Birds of Prey or have the Question allied with some street level heroes who deal with conventional problems and then have the occasional supervillain to fight against perhaps a storyline where it builds up until they get to help others like when Roulette kidnapped those heroes to fight (and die) in her gladiatorial arenas ala the JSA.

Perhaps have the Heroes for hire take centre stage for a change and have them deal with New York problems using Matt Murdock as their attorney and occasionally have Peter Parker take photographs of their work for the Bugle...

What would you choose or want to see?

Fragenstein
2012-06-20, 08:16 AM
Maybe a Birds of Prey or have the Question allied with some street level heroes who deal with conventional problems and then have the occasional supervillain to fight...

"Do you see, now, Billy? When you put your trust in your friends, even the most socially aware, flavor-of-the-week problem seems just a little smaller. Like bullying or busking your first crack pipe."

"Gee, thanks, Ms. Huntress!"

Hopeless
2012-06-20, 10:30 AM
"Do you see, now, Billy? When you put your trust in your friends, even the most socially aware, flavor-of-the-week problem seems just a little smaller. Like bullying or busking your first crack pipe."

"Gee, thanks, Ms. Huntress!"

Why do I wonder how Huntress would react if she met Captain Marvel and had no idea he and Billy Batson are the same person?:smallwink:

Why do I feel so dirty?:smallbiggrin:

Apologies this reply might offend someone(s)

Perhaps I should add how would Huntress react when she finds out?:smalleek:

blackspeeker
2012-06-20, 12:23 PM
The mention of live action super heroes made me think of the two most terrible things I could think of The Justice League (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_oBe9m9Q5eU&feature=plcp) and Birds of Prey (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AiBOluPbOrk).

But Hopeless I do like your idea of The Question dealing with more mundane problems, and I always love that crackpot conspiracy theorist biting off far more nthan he can chew

Hopeless
2012-06-20, 03:22 PM
The mention of live action super heroes made me think of the two most terrible things I could think of The Justice League (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_oBe9m9Q5eU&feature=plcp) and Birds of Prey (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AiBOluPbOrk).

But Hopeless I do like your idea of The Question dealing with more mundane problems, and I always love that crackpot conspiracy theorist biting off far more nthan he can chew

Oh trust me there have been far worse renditions than either of those and Birds of Prey did have some good bit albeit a couple of very odd choices for episodes (I'd have liked some mention about Richard (won't let me use his first name!) Grayson but hey they pulled the same thing as Smallville did in regards to the bat!)

And yes I'd love some more Question, Batman Brave and the Bold had him thwart Darkseid's invasion whilst the big guy went one on one with Batman for a few seconds!
Still can't help remember his JLU introduction!

Friv
2012-06-21, 01:49 AM
Assuming the cast is required to be a major Marvel or DC publication, I would love to see a variation of some kind on the Thunderbolts - an entire show about reformed supervillains working to stay reformed with middling success. It would just be a lot of fun.

If we're not limited to the Big Two, but are limited to comics, I want PS238 to be a kids' show.

Hopeless
2012-06-25, 06:06 AM
Assuming the cast is required to be a major Marvel or DC publication, I would love to see a variation of some kind on the Thunderbolts - an entire show about reformed supervillains working to stay reformed with middling success. It would just be a lot of fun.

If we're not limited to the Big Two, but are limited to comics, I want PS238 to be a kids' show.

Oh I'd love to see how they deal with Moonshadow or get across the detail Revenant points out where the most influential kid in school has no powers!

Devonix
2012-06-25, 06:20 AM
JSA

Now that they don't exist in the current DCU I would love to see a series about the old guard superheroes training the next generation, with families of superheroes, and chilly dinners. :smallsmile:

Hopeless
2012-06-25, 08:13 AM
JSA

Now that they don't exist in the current DCU I would love to see a series about the old guard superheroes training the next generation, with families of superheroes, and chilly dinners. :smallsmile:

My favourite scene from the comics is when the JSA and JLA celebrate thanksgiving and two villain burst in pretty much demolishing the meal before realising there's alot more heroes present than the two expected!
Batman is afterwards asked why he didn't say "I told you so" as they go to collect the pizzas they've ordered to replace the meal but its been a while and I really only remember that opening and middle bit especially where they ask why Captain Marvel sat with the adults even thought they know he's younger than Star Girl since the younger members have their own table...

And yes I wish they try a Smallville style series using the JSA say start off with a threat to descendants of the original JSA ala Vandal Savage (Dean Cain anyone?) and they rebuild their group as a result...