PDA

View Full Version : Magic items cost

Melnir
2012-06-20, 11:28 AM
How much would it cost to create magic items that grant ability score bonuses different from enhancement? For example a ring of Int +6 (luck or whatever).

And stacking two different bonuses (ring of int and wis +6 luck bonus)? Can I meke a ring of Int +6 luck Int +6 competence etc.? How much would it cost?

Curmudgeon
2012-06-20, 11:35 AM
The prices of all custom magic items you craft are whatever your DM decides, if they allow them at all.

SowZ
2012-06-20, 11:39 AM
There are no rules for it and no items I know of that provide Stat bonus which aren't enhancement or inherent. I wouldn't allow it as a DM, personally.

Melnir
2012-06-20, 11:42 AM
There's no rule for creating magic items that grant different bonuses from those presented on DMG for enhancement (to ability scores)?

Cruiser1
2012-06-20, 11:44 AM
How much would it cost to create magic items that grant ability score bonuses different from enhancement? For example a ring of Int +6 (luck or whatever).
You can use the Estimating Magic Item Gold Piece Values (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/magicItems/creatingMagicItems.htm#magicItemGoldPieceValues) table to estimate how much such custom magic items should cost. (Remember such items may still be unbalanced, like a Ring of Continuous True strike that according to the guidelines is very cheap.) Anyway, a non-resistance saving throw bonus costs double, so it makes sense a non-enhancement ability bonus would also cost double. In addition, a non-standard body slot increases the cost by 1.5.

For example, a Headband of Intellect (+2 INT enhancement) is normally 4000 gp. A Headband of Lucky Intellect (+2 INT luck) should be 8000 gp. A finger slot ring isn't associated with INT, so a Ring of Intellect (+2 INT enhancement) would be 6000 gp, while a Ring of Lucky Intellect (+2 INT luck) would be 12000 gp.

Melnir
2012-06-20, 11:53 AM
There are no rules for it and no items I know of that provide Stat bonus which aren't enhancement or inherent. I wouldn't allow it as a DM, personally.

It's for a gestalt arena tournament, not for a campaign, it's like "whatever you want except infinite loops".

Thanks everyone in the end it was x1.5

Suddo
2012-06-20, 02:46 PM
There are no rules for creating alternate bonus items for attribute (such as +4 str). Though you can create continuous items with buffs from spells (or items with only a few uses per day for an arena) it takes some looking but they exist.

Edit: I just read your post above me, where did you find that rule?