PDA

View Full Version : [3.5] NewbWorld

Pages : [1] 2

Norad906
2012-06-20, 04:06 PM
The Comely Stirge inn is one of the more upper class establishments of Bristal City, a medium sized town on the east end of the Tantion Republic. All around you is the hustle of a popular tavern, two drunkards arguing about when is the correct time to eat supper, children picking at their sourdough while sipping fresh goat's milk, a fiddler in the corner playing a catchy upbeat tune, an young apprentice wizard attempting to charm the nearby rats to dance for his female companion, the atmosphere is impeccable. You look for him amidst the crowd of tables, the advocate for this "Crowne Legion".

Balthas:
The man outside of the Tavern didn't lie: you see a man in the corner of the tavern, as well as a few other armed men and women making a beeline for his table. You weave your way through the light crowd of people ignoring the wary glances some give you and sit down at the table. You have the feeling that the rush of battle will soon greet you, and the spoils of victory that comes after. Still, he's not wearing a fedora. He must not be trusted.
You're all here, let's start.

Tirel:
The promise of legitimately gained wealth intrigues you, not that you care how you get the money. You walk in the tavern, wading through the crowd. You spill a man's drink, and he calls you on it, then sees that you are armed and withdraws his objection. You sit at the table with the man, who has his face completely obscured, and has utterly no skin showing for that matter. You wonder if you can trust him, but with the kind of money they're offering it doesn't really matter. He's probably just ugly, or has a scare and is too milk-drinker to display it, you think. As if he read your thoughts, he glares at you from under the hood, and you see his eyes; piercing and young. So now you're dealing with a shifty character who is clairvoyant AND young. He must be formidable indeed to have such rank at his age, which you geuss to be no more than 17.

s'Krai't
You try to make yourself look at gnomelike as possible while looking for Finn. He taught you a thing or two about secrecy, making yourself look one way but really be another. After all, only a few of his closest friends know that he is really a rare form of Teifling, a Cambion. As you climb up the too-high chair, you can't help but feel amused at how someone as small as youself got a job at something as prestigious as Crowne Legion. But if what he says is true, than if this "Crime spree" could kill every gnome in the Tiny Sixteenth
Garrock:
Your love of nature has brougt you here, in this tavern. The man known as "Finlay" that you were sent to find. The men that burned down the forest "for fun" right in front of you, and this man knows how to defeat them. As you sit down next to him, a cold energy radiates from his person, and coupled with the fact that he is wearing enough clothing to obscure every bit of skin on his body, you automatically distrust him. Still, they burned down an entire forest for sick fun, they must me destroyed.
you're all here, let's start.
Peridita
The crime that has been plaguing the town over these last few weeks has been deplorable, and calls even a travelling bard to arms to defend the innocent. The man named "Finlay" that you were sent to meet sits in the corner of the room. You sit down at his table along with a motley crew of adventurers with nothing in common, a few of which seem to dislike each other. You decide that you must intervene! You'll get the bad guys and make even that stern-looking human guy and that gruff half-orc barbarian-looking man friends, as the ultimate test of your bardic skill!
You're all here. Let's start.

The man sitting at the table gets out a pipe and some ket, then lights it with a flint and steel. He takes a long drag before continuing in a hasty and youthful voice.

The situation is essentially migraine-inducing for us Crowne leaders. I need to lead auxiliary squads like the one i'm forming before me now, plus my skill is needed for delicate missions, and the spree isn't just here; it's all over the eastern side of the country. You people are what we call "auxiliaries". Capable fighters who are on freelance contracts that provide a useful boost in manpower. You six are going to have an easy assignment, and then you'll be given a real one. When you're given the real one, you're given all that we can tell you and that is it. You'll need to find out how to complete it on your own, complete it on your own, and travel wherever it takes you alone. I don't have time to babysit you, I've got a ton on my plate right now as it is. So... If you accept, we'll discus your assignment. He takes another couple drags on his pipe and looks at you intently.

newBlazingAngel
2012-06-20, 04:23 PM
As the man spoke I grabbed a pint from a barmaid, gave her a copper coin, pinched her butt, and took a long swig. When he was finished, I said "You've peaked my interest with the coin you offer. The information is too scarce for my liking. I would like to be better informed before I put my own neck on the line for a legion I have no commitment to." He sits back, arms folded, waiting for a response.

Norad906
2012-06-20, 04:49 PM
@newBlazing
The man looks at you with a neutral expression.
I've got four other keen spirits here, plus another one who i already recruited. I don't think you'll make much of a difference. He stares at Balthas and waves his hand.

Balthas, Tirel, s'Krai't, Peridita:
A fedora appears on his head as if summoned by magic means, but you pass off the thought. You didn't really get a good look at him, he probably was wearing it the entire time.
Garrock:

[you succeeded a will save to disprove his illusion]
A fedora appears upon his head, but you look at it carefully and resist the mind-affecting qualities of the illusion. You wonder why he did that.

newBlazingAngel
2012-06-20, 05:15 PM
I glared at the man. Implying that a barbarian couldn't affect a fight. Practically an insult. "I'm still interested. I would simply prefer some more than information then what could simply be posted on a message board. If the pay is right enough for the task, I will be just as eager as any man." I said, forcing myself to be civil. I took another long drink, draining the mug halfway.

only1doug
2012-06-20, 05:17 PM
The work you would have us do will help to quell the crime spree?

Then you may count me in.

(Diplomacy, taking a 10 if allowed)
If we prove ourselves in the long term would we be eligible to gain full membership of the legion?

disguise myself as a gnome? I'm 14 inches tall!, I'd be more successful disguising myself as an ale tankard!

Norad906
2012-06-20, 06:36 PM
@newBlazing
He takes on a smug composure
That's what i thought
@doug
He turns to you I thought so old freind. Anybody else got any questions?

@doug
He could make himself look like a young gnome shut up :smallannoyed

Marlowe
2012-06-20, 07:29 PM
"No worries, mate. She'll be apples." says Perdita. "Though be more of a goer if you didn't keep on munting my name. Well, I'm not going to jump through hoops to be your death-squad goon girl, but if it's a square job and nothing dodgy then I'm sorted."

Norad906
2012-06-20, 08:19 PM
@Marlowe
He looks at you quizzically.
Splendid... I think. I speak common, Infernal, Abyssal, and Elven and I still didn't fully understand that. I'm certain everybody else is in consensus, unless you have any questions?

Is that your natural accent or are you overdoing it for the sake of character?

Marlowe
2012-06-20, 10:46 PM
It is overdone. Not by much. A New Zealander wouldn't normally say "She'll be apples". Unless they'd heard it from an Australian and stolen it.

Perdita sighed. Bloody townies can't understand plain common."I said, mate", she replied, enunciating very carefully. "That I am fully willing to acquiesce to what follows provided it does not entail actions or results that I would find morally or ethically repugnant, and desire that you continue the briefing. All right?"

PINfont
2012-06-21, 12:41 AM
Garrock took a seat and, after appologising for his brother to the barmaid, ordered an ale of his own. While waiting for it, he listened to the proceedings of the others gathered. So far, he hadn't taken a particular liking to his employer. He was smug, hid his face and, worst of all, didn't even have the decency to wear a real fedora.
And let us not forget that he has an aura that simply reminded the druid of a cold winter night with no clothes and only other orc men to keep you warm. Eve though sometimes that can be- Actually, he decided, now was not the time to think of such things.

As his ale arrived, Garrock gave the barmaid his last few coppers for it, before returning to listen to the conversation. "I'm certain everybody else is in consensus, unless you have any questions? "
Hearing this, the orcish druid piped up, saying simply "We are. Would you give us our assignment now? I'm eager to leave."

only1doug
2012-06-21, 12:44 AM
Why the lady is perfectly comprehensible to me, but then i can speak common,elven, orcish, celestial and sylvan.

Wink and a nudge to the girl.

Job's a good'n shirley, the squire here is straight and his gang are all square.

Bluff check
The aim here is to set the lady at here ease, bluffing everyone else into believing that i speak her dialect

newBlazingAngel
2012-06-21, 12:55 AM
I gave my brother a side smile at his treatment of the bar maid. He was too nice. A lot of people were. The world would likely be a better place if everybody learned to tough it up a bit. "It looks like myself and my brother are doing this, perhaps against better judgement." I said with a bit of a glare.

Veloric
2012-06-21, 01:38 AM
Tirel tapped his knuckles on the table and uncomfortably shifted in his seat, visibly annoyed by his companions. He had better things to do than listen to birds chirp. So much more would get done if men simply talked less.

We wouldn't be here if we weren't up to the task. Perhaps we could skip all of the pleasantries and get to the assignment. I'm curious to know what the boy has thought up for us.

Marlowe
2012-06-21, 02:03 AM
Perdita gave the talking shelf ornament an appraising look, but responded; "Good on you mate, glad to hear we're on the up-and-up. Name's Perdita, not Shirley, I am serious." She turns her attention back to the Legate. "Give us the goss and we'll get stuck in, mate. We'll be sweet as."

So...going by what's different in the language sets it seems Oceanian English in this world is Common with either an Orcish, Celestial, or Sylvan accent. Probably not Sylvan as it's probably too close to Elvish. Probably not Orcish as we have one with us who speaks internet-standard. So that leaves Celestial.

I'm now imagining the campaign ending with us chain-gating in an army of Solars who all talk like either Steve Irwin or Temuera Morrison.

only1doug
2012-06-21, 02:08 AM
S'Kria't nods to Perdita affirmitively, then turns his attention to the Legate, waiting for more information.

OK, re-organised sheet to get disguise skill (as I had been trained previously)
Disguise check: look like a gnome (applied before coming to tavern) 1d20+11

only1doug
2012-06-21, 06:19 AM
Ok, that failed, probably a problem with adding rolls during edit.

Disguise check: look like a gnome (applied before coming to tavern) [roll0]

Marlowe
2012-06-21, 07:18 AM
While we're waiting on the Legate to find his wind, Perdita leans over to Mr Tangle-Of-Unpronuncable-Consonants."Oy, Tiny Bloke."

She whispers:"It's Sheila, not Shirley. We don't say that, they do. Never heard anyone say "squire" like that. Saying the man himself is straight just means he's not into boys, and "all-square" and "gang" are things from old Major Image romances. We sweet?"

only1doug
2012-06-21, 07:27 AM
Reply by whisper

Of course my dear, just trying to supply you with some support. I felt it terribly unfair of the fellow to pick on you for your charming dialect.

Marlowe
2012-06-21, 07:32 AM
whisper whisper
"Don't get your knickers in a twist about it, love. I'll try and use proper pomgolian a wee bit more. She'll be right."

only1doug
2012-06-21, 07:52 AM
Whisper, whisper, whisper...

No worries, well if we cut the natter maybe he'll cut to the chase and give us the goss.

oocheh, forgot the -2 on my disguise check to emulate race, which nicely counters the 2 rolled by the dice server

* Looks Expectantly at the Legate

Marlowe
2012-06-21, 07:55 AM
whisper whisper whisper giggle
"Cool bananas. Well, let's sit up and look sharp before we get the strap"

She leans back and focuses her attention on the Legate.

newBlazingAngel
2012-06-21, 10:37 AM
Interesting two of us were already being secretive. Somewhat impressive. I'll have to keep my eye on the midget gnome and Mr. Accent.

Norad906
2012-06-21, 11:39 AM
He takes a long drag on his pipe and mutters a curse. He reaches into his pocket and pulls out what appears to be a crystal and he talks
Yello? Greenhorns. Uh-huh. Yup. Yup. I said yup. Yes. A Human? Yes. They look pretty capable. Extra talents? They look pretty face value, but the bard seems to have invented her own offshoot of common... Yes. Were did this happen? Rem's Merciful Dress, that's scary. Kobolds??? Working with a Human? Probably paying them. Damn wizards don't know any self-defense... I'll send them. He replaces the crystal, which you work out to be a Magnus crystal.
Here's the deal, some Sorcerer apprentice type at the Dusk's arboarium half a kilo out of the east gate just lit the place up. Command thinks it's related. Arboarium's 'eh pretty small building, shouldn't be hard at all. For some reason he's still there. Expect Kobolds, he somehow convinced the things to work for 'im somehow. I'd suggest you get to know each other before continuing on. Just go through the forest along the path and you'll be there in no time. Careful, the arborium had some creatures in it. Stirges, mostly, trying to conceive alchemical uses for their venom or whatever. They were also studying some rare plant that attacked travelers. I'd tread lightly.

I overslept today, sorry for gap between posts. Since disguising yourself as a gnome shouldn't be too hard when you aren't being actively persecuted, I'd give it a DC 7, you successfully disguise yourself as a young gnome. Now socialize and ask around if anybody knows the Arboarium; you might learn some valuable intel from that apprentice wizard from the tavern description.

Marlowe
2012-06-21, 11:52 AM
Perdita snorts. "Love a duck. I thought townies were supposed to be educated, still, she'll be sweet. We're a pack of good blighters and we'll jerry something together that'll go through smooth as a gravy sandwich.

Ok, so chicken-lizzies, traps, mad weirdo with a killer insect fixation...militaristic jingo. What can you tell us about this apprentice. Since I got out of the egg, I'm pretty sure sorcerors don't usually do master and servant. Unless it's on their spare time. And if they do, it's personal. So if he, or she, or it's the apprentice, then where's the bloody master?"

Note that she would not have actually said "blighters". The more normal words used would have been harmless within the idiomatic context but would have gotten me banned from this site very quickly.

PINfont
2012-06-21, 12:05 PM
Garrock sighed as two of his new companions whispered to each other like a group of school girls. Gods he hoped he was not the most mature one here.. That always made him look old and, frankly, boring.

"We'll get right on it." he informed Finn before looking over the other members of his group, continuing, "How about we "get to know each other" along the way? I want to cut this as short as we possibly can."
After that he raises and turns, scanning the tavern and, after his eye catches what he is looking for, he marches to the apprentice wizard and the woman with him.

As he reaches them, he clears his throat "Good day, you two. May I, perchance, bother you for a moment?"

Norad906
2012-06-21, 12:18 PM
He looks proud of himself.
I actually understood that... well, here's the deal; The Dusk Guild, those wizard types, own the arboarium. The sorceror in question who apparently convinced the Dusk that he was a wizard rather than a sorceror, let the kobolds in through a window in the middle of the night. Since their buildings have enchantments that suppress aufensive spells, they were defenseless against the kobolds and had to bug out. The rogue apprentice is still there looking for something. I need you to go in there, kill anybody who won't surrender, and find out why the sorceror is looking for, and who he's working for. Just don't kill him; we need to extract information from him. Then he'll get trial and due sentencing. Understood?

Norad906
2012-06-21, 12:32 PM
@PIN
He looks a bit scarred at the orc who clearly doesn't look like a common man, but replies in a shaky voice

Yo-you're asking about the... the atatck on the Arborium? I know the guy who did it, i thought we were friends but we, uh, weren't... his name, is, he's called... Jamus Bl-blueflame... sir... he. umm, he's a sorceror that, umm, he likes enchantment, he probably, uh, charmed the monsters, but he's pr-pretty much a c-c-coward, sir... He holed him self up in the, uh, the Greenhouse, here, i have a floorplane, here take it, don't hurt me...
He hands you a map, the passes out.

Here's the dungeon map.
KEY: The rectangles are doors and the ?'s are things. The might be NPC's, traps, treasure chests, anything notable. For the few newbs who don't know how to read a Battlemap: The squares are 5 feet x 5 feet. Most creatures have a base land speed of 30, so you can usually move 5 of these per turn as a move action. The coordinates will be used to describe locations; they're only for pBp games. i.e. enemy kobold at j-5, John moves from h-7 to -b-7, ect. Read the combat chapter in the SRB rulebook for more info.
http://i1144.photobucket.com/albums/o490/CJ_906/Dungeon1.jpg

Marlowe
2012-06-21, 01:23 PM
Perdita puts a hand to her forehead."A pack of Wizards were helpless before Chicken-Lizzies. On Offense? That's the daftest thing I've ever heard and I've studied medical history. What school of magic did these blokes specialize in, commerce? And now we got to pick this up without hurting the important people. While dealing with a bug-hunt on the way. Any more bad news, Sunshine?"

Norad906
2012-06-21, 01:27 PM
Finn puts his hands up in a defensive position
Not my fault wizards aren't half as smart as they'd have you believe.

only1doug
2012-06-21, 01:36 PM
That wizard needs much more questioning, how did he already know about the attack, let alone who was responsible! And why would he have a pre made map?
see comments in ooc thread (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?p=13434915#post13434915)

Marlowe
2012-06-21, 01:41 PM
"Too right, mate. Maybe I should be a wizard. I couldn't do any worse."

She turns to the rest of the party. "Well, lads. I was hoping for a basic "I know some dodgy, miserable, blighters that need to be a bunch of dead, miserable blighters. So I want you to get on them, take them down, munt them over, biff them out, hot or cold, then leg it with the loot and get back to the bach for kai and a cold one." But it looks like we're going to have to work for it."

She draws her crossbow from behind her back, and runs a finger along it. Eyes dilate, eyebrows flash upward briefly, a tip of tongue flicks over teeth, and whatever walked in Hill House, walked nervously.

"Well, mates. It's war."

Veloric
2012-06-21, 02:09 PM
At the mention of kobolds Tirel begins to take interest. He noticeably winces when the man talks of the stirges. I've always had a problem with those venom types, but I suppose it's all worth the gold in the end.

Well now we're getting somewhere. I don't expect this will be all that difficult. A bunch of lizard-men and an upstart apprentice? You might as well just pay us now. What this about a plant though? I've never heard of such a thing. We could use all the information we can get.

Norad906
2012-06-21, 02:19 PM
Peridita earns 15 EXP for roleplaying
Garrock ears 20 EXP for roleplaying and extracting information from the poor wizard kid
Tirel earns 10 EXP for roleplaying
s'Krai't earns 15 EXP for roleplaying and 7 EXP a successful disguise check.
Balthas earns 10 EXP for roleplaying

So, do you go directly to the mission area, or formulate a plan with the floorplan Garrock found?

Norad906
2012-06-21, 02:23 PM
@Veloric
I don't know, Lieutenant Jirkin didn't say.

PINfont
2012-06-21, 03:03 PM
Garrock looks to the apprentice falling to the floor with a raised eyebrow, then turning to the "female companion" he says, "Eh.. Sorry about that. I didn't mean to um.. You know. That." he shrugs then, heading to the rest of the team.

"Look what I found on one of our "friends" colleagues." he says, revealing the map. Looks like a fairly simple, straight forward layout. And we shouldn't have too much trouble unless we head into the Greenhouse, where that weird plant we were told about probably is.

After a pause, he continues, "However, I should very much like to go to this green house anyway, and see this plant. If it is a new specie, it may have some properties that an alchemist might need. Are we agreed on that? If not, go ahead and say."

Marlowe
2012-06-21, 03:09 PM
Perdita smiles. "Not going to hear me arguing, mate. But we sort out the Death Orchid after we chill everything else. All right?"

Norad906
2012-06-21, 03:51 PM
Finlay gets up, wishes you luck, and leaves.
You all huddle around the table studying the map to find a safe strategy...

newBlazingAngel
2012-06-21, 05:40 PM
"I'm surious as to why someone would carry a floor plan on their person, but this is too lucky to push it by thinking." I said. "We could likely weaponize a plant in some way. Poison, some sort of potion, acid. All useful."

Veloric
2012-06-21, 06:57 PM
Tirel hunched over the map and examined the layout. Seems simple enough.

You could use poison sure, but I'm all for the straight-forward approach: Walk in there and bash some heads. How do you figure you'd get the poison to work anyhow?

newBlazingAngel
2012-06-21, 07:01 PM
"A fast acting poison applied to a blade can be a very effective killer. Something slow acting could be a powerful negotiation tool."

Veloric
2012-06-21, 08:47 PM
Tirel wondered how many men he had "negotiated" with in the past. Standing upright, he addressed the party:

"Regardless, we can't do much of anything until we get there. Shall we set out? I'm eager to get this over with."

newBlazingAngel
2012-06-21, 09:05 PM
"A man after my own heart." I drained my mug and stood. "Friends, I don't know any of you. But as long as you are my allies I will raise my ax in your defense." Balthas declared. He didn't bother to mention what would happen in case of betrayal.

Marlowe
2012-06-21, 10:21 PM
"I've said my piece. Let's go have a looksie, then jabber about the details." says Perdita, rising.

only1doug
2012-06-22, 01:16 AM
Someone should bring along that fella, points at fainted mage,its just too convenient.

Also, when we get there, let me check for traps and not just in the signposted locations.

Marlowe
2012-06-22, 02:02 AM
"Oy. You." Perdita gives the unconscious arcanist a sharp jab in the side with the toe of her steel-caps."Got a treat. You're coming with us. All expenses paid ticket to a full-on daytrip to adventure in the company of some real movers and shakers. Wouldn't hear you say no".

She smiles, and caresses the crossbow.

PINfont
2012-06-22, 04:27 AM
Garrock rolled up the map and tucked it into the front of his armor. No need to let it go missing, after all. After this he began heading towards the door, from the Druids point of view, this meeting was concluded.

"If he doesn't wake up, please carry 'im, brother. Seems like the others want him with us." Garrock said, before leaning down and placing his arm onto the floor, whereupon something seemed to slither up the sleeve of his armor. He then stood and opened the door, "Now can we go?"

only1doug
2012-06-22, 04:33 AM
Right, no reason to hang around.

S'Kria't heads towards the East gate by the shortest route that will accomadate his outsized new companions.

Marlowe
2012-06-22, 04:47 AM
Perdita gives up on poking a limp rag."Sweet Apples. Thanks for doing the heavy lifting Chopperbloke." She follows the ambulatory nick-nack out the door.

newBlazingAngel
2012-06-22, 10:48 AM
No problem. Balthas said, before shouldering the boy like a sack. We'll be borrowing this for a few hours, I'll make sure he gets home. He said to the woman accompanying the apprentice. With that, he walked out the door behind the rest of his group.

PINfont
2012-06-22, 10:52 AM
Garrock keeps the door open, waiting for Tirel to move through it, an eager look on his rough face. So their first job would now begin.

Norad906
2012-06-22, 12:09 PM
You walk for about fifteen minutes before arriving at the Arbotorium, were you meet with the cleric Theon, the Arbotorium just meters away.
The Boy hasn't woken up once.
Peridita
What a croc, he's clearly faking it.
The front door seems to be wide open, probably a trap, or just a clear demonstration of Kobold non-ingenuity.

The age old D&D question, what do you do?

Marlowe
2012-06-22, 12:37 PM
Perdita grabs the "unconscious" apprentice by the hair.

Excuse me, mates. This blighter, and I use this word
consistently instead of the words I should be using, won't come to the party."

She slaps him on the face. Not playfully. "You know a lot more about this than we do. More than a clean slate should do. So just get ready to spill your guts now and we can can save the whole torture scene. We sweet? The big blokes with edged weapons have an interest in whether they know what they're facing. And them? I like." Smile.

only1doug
2012-06-22, 01:18 PM
s'Kria't will search approach to the doorway for traps, then search the doorway likewise and then the hall beyond. (Assuming nothing attacks and no traps found).

"You guys question the weasel, i've some work to get on with."

Norad906
2012-06-22, 01:19 PM
He snaps out of it.
Okay, okay, the map I gave you is a fake, but Jamus threatened to kill me if I didn't do it, i swear, don't hurt me...

Veloric
2012-06-22, 01:30 PM
Tirel wasn't all that surprised that this apprentice was further connected to Jamus; the map they had received was far too convenient. These fidgety boys were all the same, bowing down without question to whomever they felt stronger than them. If the boy had had a backbone this wouldn't be necessary. I'd like to see some overinflated wizard tell me what to do. He sighed inwardly, but gathered himself and set upon the boy in a rage:

Well we're threatening to kill you right now if you don't speak up. What's your connection with Jamus? Why did he want us to have a fake map? If you don't start talking now, I'll slit 'yer damn throat where you stand!

Intimidate: [roll0]
Boy am I scary!

Marlowe
2012-06-22, 01:42 PM
"Mate! I want to take you home and put you on my mantlepiece!" She turns to the apprentice, and draws her sickel. "Same question, funny boy. I'm sure as eggs I've got more time than you've got tendons".

PINfont
2012-06-22, 01:42 PM
Garrock lets out a sigh and goes to stand next to Tirel, placing a hand on his shoulder, saying "Now now maddog. I know you can't control your bloodlust.. But he's just an innocent bystander who has been dragged into this by someone slightly more accomplished than him. Isn't that right?"

He then looks to the apprentice wizard, grinning manically, "Of course, bystanders sometimes get hurt if they don't do the right thing, isn't that right Vel?" at this question, a snake pops its head out of his chest armor, hissing at the wizard.

Ya know. Just incase Tirel's roll fails
[roll0]
So friendly, but sadistic is scarier than screaming. Woot:smallamused:

Veloric
2012-06-22, 02:02 PM
With his companions displaying such dreadfully impressing demeanors, Tirel felt a little outdone. I should really invest in some macabre looking weapons and poisonous animals to improve my negotiating skills. They get all the fun.

Tirel continues to glare at the boy and waits for him to speak. He'll let his more impressive friends deal with him. Wondering how s'Kria't is doing with door, he averts his gaze long enough to see the diminutive creature fast at work inspecting the area.

Norad906
2012-06-22, 02:07 PM
He lets out a small "eek" and passes out, for real this time.

I didn't have that much time to make a proper battlemap, so if you used the old one and not the actual one that you get by reconning the building you'd get ambushed by kobolds. Nothing too bad, they're just CR 1/3's.

Norad906
2012-06-22, 02:27 PM
@s'Krai't
You find 3 bear traps and disarm them, one of which springs, grazing your arm for 1 HP, but none of the kobolds seem to notice. One kobold hears you while sneaking through the hall, but he does not see you. You come back with a good idea of the complex.

Marlowe
2012-06-22, 02:44 PM
"Bloody hell. Useless tosser." Perdita sheathes the sickel. "Well, I don't quite have it in me to cut him into a useless cripple for life just because he's a bloody poofter, but we need to keep him tight and upright somehow until we've done the dash. I don't want some wierdo terrorist getting up my rear when I'm on the job, even speaking casually. There a nice tree around? Over a shark tank? That'd be sweet."

PINfont
2012-06-22, 02:45 PM
The orcish druid pressed his fingers to eyes with a heavy sigh. No backbone at all.. Really. It seemed as if the little gathering were not going to find out anything. Looking to perdita, he asked, "Agreed. Does anyone have rope?"

Hearing someone nearing them, Garrock tensed his body, getting ready to fight. Seeing that it was just s'Krai't though, he relaxed, looking her over.
"You alright?" he asked,"Find anything interesting, or helpful?"

only1doug
2012-06-22, 02:50 PM
s'Kria't returns to the others.

I have scouted inside, disarmed traps, here, here and here and there are kobolds waiting in ambush here, here and here.

newBlazingAngel
2012-06-22, 02:56 PM
"Kobolds are easy pickings. I don't have any rope, maybe we should gag the arse and take him with us. Who knows how close who really is to this sorcerer?" Balthas suggested making sure to increase his grip on the prisoner.

Marlowe
2012-06-22, 03:05 PM
"Good stuff Tiny Bloke. More than the rest of us have done.She puts a hand to her mouth, thinking furiously. She isn't that smart. "No rope? So we send limp-larry here off to valhalla with a letter of apology? Don't think so. I don't think so, mates. We reckon what to do with him.Then we go jabber the Chicken-Lizzies into renegotiating their contracts". She holds a serious face for slightly under one second. "Having you on, mates. We're going to kill them. Poor, daft, blighters. Then we take a chill-pill to the mickey, and examine the audrey. But first, we need this bleeder kept nice and tight. Any ideas?"

ShadowySilence
2012-06-22, 03:11 PM
Theon watches your group from nearby, he had been waiting for the help he had been promised and it seemed this strange group of individuals was going to be it. His contract wasn't so much for the gold as other reasons, but those were not important. For now the only thing that mattered was resolving the current situation.

He walks up to the motley crew not realizing he may be cutting into their talking "Ello', are you the ones Finlay sent me?" Before you can reply he adds as he pats his chest "I'm Theon of Clan Shattershield." He stands tall (as tall as a dwarf can stand) and proud in his battle dented armor, carrying his morningstar out ready for battle in his left hand. A dented tower shield hangs from his back above his blue cape, and the half helm on his head just covers his nose. He extends the leather gloved hand not holding the morningstar to each of the group to shake their hands.

newBlazingAngel
2012-06-22, 03:16 PM
Balthas took one hand and shook the weapon. Who wouldn't approve of a man who used a weapon the same way a normal man used his own hand?

only1doug
2012-06-22, 03:20 PM
That we are Theron, and pleased to meet you.
I'm s'Kria't, trapdodger, brief glance at grazed arm, ordinarie

A note on pronounciation: s'Kria't is pronounced much like the word secret, with the first e shortened and the second e lengthened.

PINfont
2012-06-22, 03:24 PM
"That's us." Stated Garrock simply, shaking the hand briefly as it was offered, before turning back to Perdita, ""Maybe we should just take him with us? I doubt he'll run anywhere with a boot on his tender, soft thigh."

He then stretched, looking bored. "I've said it before, and I'll say it again. I want to get this done as quickly as possible" he then paused for a moment, thinking of his words before continuing with, It looks as if we only have to deal with kobolds, a yellow belly mage and some sort of plant. How dangerous could it be?"

ShadowySilence
2012-06-22, 03:29 PM
Theon is happy to receive the handshakes, but at hearing Garrock's comment says "You should always expect danger, sometimes the most innocent of things hold the darkest secrets. I learned that the hard way... Although, I do have to agree that this looks fairly cut and dry. Other than that plant they've got in there, from what I heard it could be pretty dangerous. If everyone is ready, the faster we move the less time they have to prepare for our arrival."

only1doug
2012-06-22, 03:30 PM
s'Kria't turns to Garrock, What a huge rush you are in friend, are we such unpleasant company that you wish to be parted from us as soon as possible? Or have you an urgent errand elsewhere? Either way, if it grates so badly being with us that you must constantly call for our time together to end then perhaps you should just make your way elsewhere now?

Marlowe
2012-06-22, 03:55 PM
Perdita is just a little put out by the newcomers timing. "Howdy. G'day. Guten Tag. Annyeoni Houseyo. Delighted to met you. Perdita Scirocco. Killer. Got any rope? We've got a loose end over here that needs to get knotted. Then we go in short and sharp and make them regret they never learned our names, sweet? You're some new chopperbloke? I didn't know we were running short."

ShadowySilence
2012-06-22, 04:04 PM
Theon puts a hand behind his back for a second then produces a 50 ft silken rope "Is this what you had in mind?" He looks at the boy and eyes him carefully "Is he dangerous that we are tying him up, I heard no mention of a boy when I signed up?"

He then tries to determine what that last part she was saying was about, then adds "An extra weapon never hurts the odds of us surviving, as long as that weapon happens to be on our side. Besides that, I am also skilled in the divine arts and healing. I am a cleric of our good Lord Moradin after all." He smiles at his mentioning of the god, even just the name filled him with a sort of warming fervor that helped prepare him for battle.

only1doug
2012-06-22, 04:10 PM
The boy is at the least a pawn of the one inside, perhaps more of an ally than that. Time will tell but while we find out we'd rather he didn't wander off.

Norad906
2012-06-22, 04:11 PM
Judging by s'Krai't's description of the building, you see that the fake map would have lead you right into the thick of the bear traps the crafty Lizards layed at the front.
http://i1144.photobucket.com/albums/o490/CJ_906/Dungeon1.jpg
Two Kobolds are at D-6 and D-11, while the other two are inside. Three stirges, under the effect of a Charm Beast spell, are also inside. However, the remaining Kobolds seem to be looting the building and are off guard. A swift strike should be able to catch them before they formulate enough strategy to become that much of a problem.

Marlowe
2012-06-22, 04:11 PM
"Sweet as, mate. I follow Joramy myself, but I'm sure she won't get her knickers in a twist over you tagging along. And that if she does, we'll know. Get the ponce stiffed up, then we can start putting the bite on the Chicken-Lizzies and the mickey. She'll be sweet."

newBlazingAngel
2012-06-22, 04:12 PM
Balthas sighed. He could tell just by looking at the dwarf he would be spoiling some possible fun. The stupid one attempted to give us false information regarding hos leader. He claims that was forced too but we don't want to take any chances with a possible weasel, do we?

ShadowySilence
2012-06-22, 04:13 PM
The dwarf nods, happy to know that his companions were the kind to think ahead and not let their possible enemies wander off to cause more untold troubles. He hands the rope to whoever is willing to take it and says "Sounds good to me, keeping a possible danger out of our hair until we know the truth is a good plan. Any other new information I should be aware of before we press on?" He smoothes out his beard as he waits for an answer.

only1doug
2012-06-22, 04:19 PM
He gave us a map, we have already verified that the map was a trap. There were bear traps here and there are 2 kobolds waiting in ambush here.

More kobolds and some Stirges are inside.

Marlowe
2012-06-22, 04:25 PM
"So, any of you blighters got Use Rope? I'm a manacle girl, myself." Awkward silence. "Right, I'll just get it sorted myself then."

Use Rope[roll0]

"We golden? Let's get stuck in."

newBlazingAngel
2012-06-22, 04:26 PM
Balthas took the rope, threw the prisoner over his shoulder and walked to the nearest tree. We got busy tying the youth down.

((Three ranks in use rope, +2 dexterity bonus for a total of +5. Edit: Marlowe, DM rolls skill checks. And I'm holding the prisoner.))

ShadowySilence
2012-06-22, 04:28 PM
He finishes with his beard and then says "Hmm, not too far different then. Although the fact that there was a trap lying in wait for us is a bit of a concern, it makes me think this is somehow more planned out than it originally seemed. Just keep yer eyes peeled for other tricks, if they already had one planned they are sure to have more up their sleeves."

Norad906
2012-06-22, 04:32 PM
You successfully detain the prisoner by tying him to a tree.

Pre-mission EXP:
s'Krai't: +53 skill check EXP +10 roleplaying +10 recon
Tirel: +5 skill check EXP, +10 roleplaying
Peridita: +10 skill check EXP, +10 roleplaying
Garrock: +5 skill check EXP, +10 roleplaying
Also, you should add the EXP from the last total too, not everybody did that on their sheet.

newBlazingAngel
2012-06-22, 04:34 PM
What about me?

Marlowe
2012-06-22, 04:37 PM
You're still getting my name wrong. Perdita. Peridita sounds like something you catch off a nice Vietnamese lady.:smallannoyed:

Norad906
2012-06-22, 04:42 PM
sorry about that, Belthas gets +5 exp for skill checks and +10 for roleplaying.

newBlazingAngel
2012-06-22, 04:44 PM
His name is Balthas. So I'm confused, is the DM doing skill rolls or not?

Veloric
2012-06-22, 04:45 PM
Well met Theon. As you can see, we haven't made much progress; this kid was a bit of a distraction. I'm surprised you haven't spoken up about him... Normally clerics are bit more righteous, eh?

Oy! Once you guys finish tying the boy up, we should think up a plan. s'Kria't, you seem pretty light on your feet, would you be up to leading the front? Something like a "forward scout"?.

Tirel would never have known that there were any traps nearby, and would have walked right into them. He thought it best if a professional led the way.

newBlazingAngel
2012-06-22, 04:53 PM
First we have two guards to deal with. We should take them out from a distance. Balthas said.

ShadowySilence
2012-06-22, 04:54 PM
Theon smiles at first then frowns at Tirel's comment "Don't think I plan on letting you do as you please with him, and do not take me for foolish. I only see a precatious party, the boy remains unharmed and merely tied to a tree for now. In that state he cannot bring us harm, and we can protect others by him staying out of our way. If he were innocent he would go free, no worse for the wear, but it appears you found he is in league with these criminals so he too shall be punished with their lot according to the law. Do not worry about my righteousness, if it comes to me needing to speak up I shall do so."

He then looks at the boy being tied to the tree and adds "You might want to stuff a bit of rope in his mouth as well, if he starts screaming and hollering for his criminal buddies we may lose any advantage we have."

Norad906
2012-06-22, 04:55 PM
GOSH DARN IT, BALTHAS gets those EXP points. Also, i'm doing any skill rolls that you forgot to do/didn't do.

newBlazingAngel
2012-06-22, 04:56 PM
On it. Balthas said. He stuffed a fistful of rope and returned the remaining 40 or so feet of rope.

Norad906
2012-06-22, 04:59 PM
Gosh darn it, BALTHAS gets the mentioned experince (Garrock keeps his points too). Also, i'm doing any rolls you guys forgot to do/didn't do.

only1doug
2012-06-22, 05:05 PM
I'm happy to go in front but i'm not going to be any help when it comes to brawling, those kobolds are too big for me. The entranceway is now clear of traps, clear it of dragonbait and i'll carry on scouting.

newBlazingAngel
2012-06-22, 05:11 PM
When we run out of kobolds, then you can check for traps. We already know their aren't any in the first hallway, know where the guards are, and can tell the rest of the kobolds are running around willy nilly, likely to stumble into any trap that's there. He said with an air of authority. We should defeat the guards at a distance. I'm good with a bow.

Marlowe
2012-06-22, 05:24 PM
"We take them out from a distance? I know I'm probably wasting my breath here but did anyone else bring anything with range longer than their own stink?" Perdita hefts the crossbow and smiles. "She'll be right. Assuming they don't just run inside soon as I start pot-shots. Might run into their own traps then, that'd be a laugh

She goes off to take a snipers position overlooking the entrance.
Hide:[roll0]
Mv Silently:[roll1]

newBlazingAngel
2012-06-22, 05:32 PM
As a matter of fact. Balthas said producing a composite shortbow and twenty arrows. I did. Balthas went to take his own position.

Hide: [roll0]
Move silently: [roll1]

Norad906
2012-06-22, 05:37 PM
The Kobolds neither see nor hear you.
Since you are ambushing them, you have initiative. Since you aren't rogues you do not get to use sneak attack modifiers. Fire when ready.

newBlazingAngel
2012-06-22, 05:49 PM
Wait, how close are we to each other? I want to fire at the same time.

Norad906
2012-06-22, 05:53 PM
It wouldn't matter, with the combat system everything essentially happens at once in one round.

newBlazingAngel
2012-06-22, 06:15 PM
Balthas silently took aim at the kobold on the left and fired a single arrow.

Attack: [roll0]

If it hits: [roll1]

Edit: Thank god for ludicrous strength and composite bows.

only1doug
2012-06-23, 01:06 AM
s'Kria't will also sneak up and take a shot at any kobold that survives Perdita or Balthas

Hide [roll0]
Move silently [roll1]
Attack (light crossbow within 30') [roll2]
Damage [roll3] + 1d6 sneak attack [roll4]

only1doug
2012-06-23, 01:12 AM
And then re-hide (as sniping) (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/skills/hide.htm)

[roll0]

Marlowe
2012-06-23, 01:32 AM
Perdita smiles. "Come on then, chook."

Aiming at Kobold on the right.

Ker-CHUNK!
To hit:[roll0]
Damage:[roll1]
Crit conf. if required:[roll2]

"Stone the bloody crows..."

PINfont
2012-06-23, 04:30 AM
Garrock looked to s'Kria't with a raised brow, saying, "The way I understand it, this group will remain together even after our current assignment is completed, so do not get your knickers in a knot. I simply wish to move on to bigger game than little lizard people. Now if you're quite done trying to be clever, perhaps we can get to the job at hand, aye?"

Having finished, he follows the rest inside, getting out a sling and loading a stone into it. He follows Balthas closely, with Vel staying at his side.

[roll0] Hide
[roll1] Move silently

Vel, Garrock's Medium Viper
[roll2] Hide
[roll3] Move silently

Marlowe
2012-06-23, 08:45 AM
Perdita glances at Garrock:"Chill-pill mate, got no clue what you think you're talking about." She examines the scene before them. "Someone needs to go check the chook Tiny Bloke shot. Might need finishing. Or else questioning if anyone can understand Chicken-Lizzie lingo"

Norad906
2012-06-23, 10:55 AM
Both kobolds collapse dead as soon as they get hit.
You both earn 8 EXP for Kobold hit dice.

Norad906
2012-06-23, 11:05 AM
Also, please be more specific about movement, use the cords instead of miniatures.

Marlowe
2012-06-23, 11:12 AM
"On second thought, looks like he's sorted." Perdita moves to C10 and sights down the entrance corridor, looking for signs of movement. ((readied action))

Mv Silently:[roll1]
Spot:[roll2]
Listen:[roll3]

And I'll leave my bolt for laters. Sure one of these jokers will take care of the looting.

only1doug
2012-06-23, 11:18 AM
I'll scout ahead again and let you know what is further in.

s'Kria't will move up to Q7, scouting for enemies and checking for traps all along the way.

Hide [roll0]
Move silently [roll1]

Marlowe
2012-06-23, 11:28 AM
Perdita will back him up, moving to M10, wary of the blindspot represented by the corner to her right.

Norad906
2012-06-23, 01:23 PM
There appears to be a Kobold at W-2 inspecting a chest.
There is a Kobold at N-18 trying to pick the lock on the office.
You hear noises coming from the closet at AD-13
some of the she stirges hear s'Krai't moving and see Perdita, as well as one of the Kobolds!

The monsters win initiative. Round 1:
The Kobold at W-2 shouts something in Dragonic then moves to Q-6, and attacks s'Krai't with his Knife, but he can't stab through his chain shirt!
The Kobold at N-18 moves to Q-12.
The Stirge colony (3 stirges) moves from X-13 to R-10
PC's turn

Marlowe
2012-06-23, 01:58 PM
((And with a 20 on Spot and a readied action, standing at M10, I couldn't see the W-2 Kobold?:smallconfused:

Well, assuming I do, shooting at W2 Kobold as he closes on Tiny Bloke:
To hit:[roll0]Damage:[roll1]))

Perdita moves to O7 and begins to speak.

"Mates! There are some out there that'll tell you I like a good scrap!

Mates, I like a good scrap!

No! My friends, I love war.

I love sieges! I love charges! I love defensive lines! I love mop-up operations and retreats. Wars across prairies, in gloomy dungeons, over frothing river lines, through deserts and through chambers, past doorways and under bridges. On the land, in the sea, in the air, I love every act of war that can occur upon this earth!"

((Inspire Courage +1))

Norad906
2012-06-23, 02:14 PM
Bone, muscle, and gore fly from the runty Kobold as it falls to the ground, not dead yet, but almost nothing will save this guy. The other, more heavily armored Kobold, is still in play, but that won't last.

I'm going on vacation from now until monday, so i'll only be able to post at internet cafes and 3G areas when i'm not driving. Lowered posting frequency.

only1doug
2012-06-23, 02:17 PM
5' step back (to Q8), shoot a stirge from the colony (yes i am more worried about the stirges than the kobolds), reload. Free action - spit on downed kobold.

Not so big now are you , with my mate Perdita's bolt through your belly, Hmmmm dragonbait?

Attack [roll0]
Damage (if hit) [roll1]

I'm guessing no sneak attack damage as they are aware of us

Edit 5 damage.

Marlowe
2012-06-23, 02:31 PM
((don't forget Inspire Courage +1 to damage))

Norad906
2012-06-23, 02:35 PM
as s'Krai't prepares to attack, you hear curses and shuffling from the Greenhouse. A half-corroded wheelbarrow flies out of the entrance guided by a magic hand, and a anamorphic mass oozes out, most likely the plant that you were warned about, to W-12.

only1doug
2012-06-23, 02:44 PM
There's the plant Balthas, looks pre-weaponised too.... sadly it seems to be under the bad guys control, its all yours.

Norad906
2012-06-23, 02:55 PM
@ s'Krai't The bolt grazes it's wing and it falls to the ground. unconscious (0 HP)

Monster's turn:
Mystery Plant moves from w-12 to W-8
The remaining Stirges seems to get sick as a green fog and fall unconscious to the ground. However, the PC's saving throws resist the effect. The remaining Kobold resists the effect. He moves from Q-12 to T-12 and attacks the plant with its sling, for 1 damage!

Marlowe
2012-06-23, 03:08 PM
Sweet as. It's been weeks since my last three-way, thinks Perdita as she continues her oration. But I'm guessing the audrey's not that vulnerable to bolts, so I'd better let Gardener Orc and the chopperblokes deal to it while I sort out the bugs.

PINfont
2012-06-23, 04:49 PM
I'm not sure where I was before, so if I've moved too far or something, please say.

Garrock moves to R9, pulling the stone back in the sling, "Maybe it'll be better to work together with the kobold? The plant seems dangerous." Having said this, the Druid releases the stone in the plants direction.

"Vel, please Kill." He quickly points in the direction of the plant, ordering the snake.

I'm not sure how commanding animals work, but if it would do exactly as I said, it would move as close to the plant as it possibly could, attacking when it got there.. I'll read up on it in the morning though.. I'm tired.

[roll0] To hit
[roll1] damage

Tell me I did that right..

only1doug
2012-06-23, 05:17 PM
I'm unlikely to make any impact on the plant, unless i decide to chow down on it, but it doesn't look so tasty to me so i'll give that one a miss.

Another shot at a stirge
Attack [roll0]
Damage [roll1]

Norad906
2012-06-23, 06:04 PM
@doug you miss the unconscious stirges, but they aren't much trouble right now.

@PIN

Druid knowledge skill check:
This is a Fetid Fungus, an aggressive plant that envelops opponents smothering and digesting them in its anomorphus body. (MM V page 56)
A Fetid Fungus' stench is caused by decomposing matter. and sickens and knocks out enemies (unless negated by DC 12 fort save)

Veloric
2012-06-23, 06:41 PM
Tirel will run to O-10, with the intent of reaching the plant.

newBlazingAngel
2012-06-23, 08:05 PM
(I'm going to be without internet starting tomorrow but can post all day, and for a bit of tomorrow around noon, due to a summer camp. I'm assuming Balthas is still at the entrance.)

Balthas ran from D8 to L8, as this is as far as his movement speed allows. In anger of this restriction he looses an arrow at the cube. This anger isn't quite enough to fly into a rage, but he's visibly battle ready and disappointed that everyone else is getting the good kills. "This one's mine!" He yelled while drawing his great axe.

My rolls,

To hit with arrow: 1d20+4
If it hits: 1d6+6

+5 for strength and +1 for bard song.

Marlowe
2012-06-23, 08:59 PM
"I like to sever heart and brain with crossbow bolts that sour through the fevered air. It moves me greatly to see a young Rogue cutting into the exposed vitals of an outflanked enemy. And there is nothing more arousing than the sight of a Paladin screaming in despair as it is pointed out to him that his actions have violated both goodness and law. When a warmage moans in frustration at the realisation that he has no skills or spells that are any use in a complex situation, I am in ecstacy".

Perdita move up next to Tiny Bloke, so they can make a flanking team if required, to R10 and the downed stirges, ready to coup-de-grace them if necessary, and takes an experimental shot at the plant.

To hit:[roll0]damage[roll1]
includes IC. Plant creatures, I believe, are immune to crits.

newBlazingAngel
2012-06-23, 09:31 PM
My rolls,

To hit with arrow: [roll0]
If it hits: [roll1]

+5 for strength and +1 for bard song.

only1doug
2012-06-24, 01:40 AM
Yes, lets concentrate on this plant! Says s'Kria't loudly.

Then, acting contrary to its speech it moves silently to Q13, focusing most of its attention towards the greenhouse entrance.

Move silently [roll0]

Veloric
2012-06-24, 01:36 PM
On his next turn Tirel will Charge to V-9 and attack the Mystery Plant.

Charge: +2 Attack, -2 AC. Bard Song: +1 Damage
Melee attack: [roll0], Damage: [roll1]

only1doug
2012-06-24, 02:22 PM
Bard song (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/classes/bard.htm#inspireCourage) adds a moral bonus to damage and to attack rolls.

Marlowe
2012-06-24, 05:34 PM
And doesn't Inspire courage doesn't require concentration-meaning Perdita can fight normally but can't talk normally until we're sure everything's cleared up:smallbiggrin:

Marlowe
2012-06-24, 05:42 PM
And doesn't Inspire courage doesn't require concentration, can be extended as long as you like, but she only gets one use per day at this level-meaning Perdita can fight normally but can't talk normally until we're sure everything's cleared up:smallbiggrin:

Perdita, still orating, will put her booted toes on the necks of the striges and focus her weight on them until she hears them crack. She'll also turn to the remaining Kobold, smile, hold up a hand, point at him, then point meaningfully to the floor.

Norad906
2012-06-24, 08:07 PM
I just arrived at a motel with wi-fi. I hate to break it to you, but you killed that plant like three times over...
The plant squeals in pain as it explodes in an acidic shower, not affecting anybody (no one is in range)
sorry for the lack of pizzaz i'm like 3/4 asleep right now. Deal with the sorceror guy and ill try to wake up early.
Bye.

Veloric
2012-06-24, 09:57 PM
That was child's play. I guess our employer was right.

Ignoring the remaining threats - as they seem to be taken care of - Tirel turns around and walks towards what seems to be the Head Office.

Move from V-9 to Q-14

Marlowe
2012-06-25, 12:04 AM
"It fills my soul with joy to see a Bard singing his battle-hymn in the midst of a dreadful melee, and when a Ranger breaks his bowstring for the third time in as many rounds I feel warm down below my heart" Perdita shifts a foot to crush the third stirge, while keeping her crossbow trained on the Kobold. Wish this chook would decide which way he's going to jump. Surrender or die. It's not a tricky question. It's just this shillyshallying that's so undignified.

only1doug
2012-06-25, 02:02 AM
s'Kria't will continue sneaking toward the greenhouse (moving to square U16), peering around and seeing what is there (looking through the square V16)

move silently [roll0]
Hide [roll1]
spot [roll2]

Norad906
2012-06-25, 02:32 PM
Combat is over. You don't need to specify movements anymore.

Veloric
2012-06-25, 10:09 PM
Combat is over. You don't need to specify movements anymore.

In that case, Tirel will try to open the Head Office door. If it's locked he'll attempt to bash it in.

Marlowe
2012-06-26, 12:13 AM
((I didn't see what happened to the remaining Kobold. Did I miss something))

"The sight of hapless prisoners, their faces turned to the ground and crawling like vermin, is a light inside my soul. And there's no sight that surpasses the splendor of a frenzed Barbarian, striking the enemy down with his head"

Perdita moves toward the greenhouse, backing up Tiny Bloke.

Mv Silently:
Spot:[roll1]
Listen:[roll01d20+1

Marlowe
2012-06-26, 12:20 AM
Listen: [roll0]

Norad906
2012-06-26, 10:37 AM
@tirel
The door's lock is broken and rusted, but the nob turns. Inside there is a dead kobold who triggered the traps for you. Stupid thing. You think there's some loot in here, but there might be more traps...
@peridita and s'Krai't
You still hear shuffling and curses but nothing other than that.

Marlowe
2012-06-26, 11:58 AM
"I love to be ravaged by the baleful curses of an evil Cleric, my will save trembling in humiliation. It's so sad to feel one made useless and impotent in the face of overwhelming class abilities, my specialised skills put to waste. I enjoy being crushed under the heel of a large and hideous monstrousity, packing a damage reduction that far exceeds my standard offense!"

She nods to Tiny Bloke, then moves in, trying to get her back against something solid as soon as possible while scoping out the interior with her crossbow.

only1doug
2012-06-26, 03:04 PM
s'Kria't nods back at Perdita, then sneaks across to Y19, checking for traps on the way.

Move silently 1d20+ 8
Hide [roll0]
Search [roll1]
Spot [roll2] (in case it sees something in the Greenhouse on the way across)

only1doug
2012-06-26, 03:07 PM
Grrr Unnecessary space, rerolling

Move silently [roll0]

Veloric
2012-06-26, 03:18 PM
Tirel will enter the Office and approach the Kobold corpse, being wary along the way. If he notices anything of more importance he will move to it.

Search: [roll0]

Norad906
2012-06-26, 07:01 PM
s'Krai't and Perdita
same old, don't hear anything except for curses and shuffling.
@Tirel
No traps spring. The Kobold has 50 SP on him, any thing else isn't worth taking.

Veloric
2012-06-26, 07:50 PM
Tirel will pocket the silver pieces, take one last glance around the room noting anything of interest and leave the room. He'll catch up with his party, not concerned with being stealthy.

If applicable Search: [roll0][

Marlowe
2012-06-26, 08:01 PM
A little annoyed with the lack of progress, Perdita continues looking around the greenhouse for the source of the shuffling and coughing, holding still so better to estimate its position.

Spot:[roll1]
Listen:[roll2]

only1doug
2012-06-26, 11:58 PM
expecting the going to be slow, s'Kria't moves into the greenhouse and starts exploring, checking first for adversaries, then for traps and moves from cover to cover as quietly as posssible.

move silently [roll0]
search [roll1]
hide [roll2]
spot [roll3] (sorcerer or other opponent moving about)
Listen [roll4] (as above)

Norad906
2012-06-27, 12:46 PM
@Tirel
A Chest behind the desk catches your fancy.

Norad906
2012-06-27, 12:53 PM
@Greenhouse scouts
The curses change to chuckling as you see the sorceror above a large cauldron. Parchment is strewn about and arcane runes are drawn around the cauldron.
Ahh, the Legion's lackeys. Welcome. Do put those ugly weapons away, should this go sour you will kill everybody and everything around here within a out a hundred miles.

Veloric
2012-06-27, 03:56 PM
@Tirel
A Chest behind the desk catches your fancy.

Oooh! I'll approach the chest, still on the lookout for traps. I don't want to end up like the kobold. If I make it in one piece and don't detect anything, I'll open the chest. Afterwards I'll catch up with the party.

Search: [roll0]

Norad906
2012-06-27, 11:25 PM
@Vel
You spring a trap, but i rolled low on the damage... so this should be entertaining:
A icicle flies out of the air and misses it's designated target (The kidney) and flies low, and hits you square in the buttock. It pierces your armor. Other than the pain, you're fine. (-2 HP, armor taken into account.)
Inside the chest are several pieces of parchment, no doubt arcane research, and a mysterious glowing crystal. The moment you lay eyes on it, there is the overwhelming urge to pick it up (failed will save) and you give in and take it. It feels warm, almost alive. A voice in the back of your mind compels you to join your friends in the greenhouse.

Marlowe
2012-06-28, 01:51 AM
Ignoring the cliche-merchant for a moment, Perdita breaks off her oration and shouts over her shoulder; "Oy! Chopperblokes! Get your useless behinds in here! This is a contain-suppress-capture op, not a flipping smash-and-grab!'"

She turns back to the wierdbloke and grins. "Well isn't it a barrel of monkeys for both of us that I always wanted my death to be something that would scotch up the map half-way to Sunday. One chance, Mickey. You're under arrest in the name of the Time-Space Administration Bureau. And I suppose those daft Legion plonkers might get a word in too, if they're nice. Hands up now".

Let's hope that gives Tiny Bloke some time to line up his shot, and get those blighters behind us to pull finger.

((Action readied, if he doesn't comply, she shoots.
To hit: [roll0]damage[roll1]
Crit confirm if required, [roll2]))

Veloric
2012-06-28, 04:11 AM
Tirel curses loudly when the ice spike punctures his buttocks. Och', damn it to hell! Removing the spike and rubbing his wound in pain he turns back to the opened chest and notices a crystal laid over various parchments. He immediately retrieves the crystal - placing it carefully into his belt pouch - and stuffs the parchments in his bags for later inspection. I wonder what a treasure like this would sell for... He hears Perdita call for him, so he leaves the room and moves to assist the rest of his party. She sounds annoyed, he notes. Best not to piss them off.

only1doug
2012-06-28, 07:07 AM
s'Kria't circles cautiously around the greenhouse, to get behind the cauldron.

Now then fellow, lets talk reason...

It is you who will be killing everyone within one hundred miles at the slightest slip in your ritual, not us.

Why don't you give up on this foolishness and accept a lovely big reward from the Guild for letting them know your masters plans hmmmm?

Diplomacy [roll0]

Marlowe
2012-06-28, 09:32 AM
Perdita will wait until Tiny Bloke's "had his shot", ready to take hers if the Sorceror's apprentice takes any sudden moves beyond the raising of hands. If the the tableau's still holding she'll add, dryly; "We got no clue what your pot-luck tea there will do even if it doesn't "go sour", and since Bluff's the only real class skill you Weirdblokes have, you're mostly likely just fibbing. You had enough focus to throw audrey out the door a half-minute ago, so I doubt your soup's twitchy as all that. All in all, our best move here is just to gank you now and worry about the mess later. Sound sweet? Or would you like to get on the floor next to Schoedringer's Kobold?"

((again, what did happen to the Kobold? :smallconfused: ALso, between Chinese internet and forum glitches, it took a full hour to post this.))

Norad906
2012-06-28, 05:51 PM
@Greenhouse party
He grins ear to ear.
I find that zealous adventurers like you only cave when OTHER lives are at stake. I also know one or both of you has a crossbow trained on me. Try it, but remember, this cauldron contains unmatched horror that will devour all in it's path should i say one arcane word.

@Perdita
Time-Space Administration? That's from doctor who, isn't it? also, Chinese internet? You live in china?

Norad906
2012-06-28, 05:54 PM
Also,
1. Perdita, stop acknowledging the laws of gaming. This isn't OOTS.
2. Also, i rolled sense motive since you seem so sure that he's lying, and roll says: he's not lying.

only1doug
2012-06-29, 01:51 AM
So If we don't let you continue with your plan to kill everyone within one hundred miles then you will kill everyone within one hundred miles?

Make sense man, if everyone must die then we can at least assure that you do too....
Gather Information check, if the kill everyone within 100 miles is his backup plan then what is his primary plan with the cauldron?
[roll0]

Unless you wish to surrender and come peacefully, that would be a much more satisfactory outcome for everyone.
(continuing earlier diplomacy)

newBlazingAngel
2012-06-29, 02:08 PM
Or risk a pain worse than any natural death. Balthas said throwing intimidation into diplomacy.

((I still say intimidation shouldn't be charisma based. I'm a 6 and a half foot half orc with horrible battle scars and a great axe. Yet I get a -2 for it. Rolling))

Norad906
2012-06-29, 02:24 PM
He starts to quiver
If you just walk away right now, i won't have to do this. See this cauldron? It's called a Goolpemd Mooaelgnet, a Dalmosh Cauldron. It will summon the horror of the Flesh mountains. That is, unless you turn around and walk away. RIGHT now!

newBlazingAngel
2012-06-29, 03:49 PM
(Wow, he must have failed his opposed check)

And when we leave? What happens then sorcerer? You have some hidden lackey strike us down from behind? Simply use the flesh anyway? I'm afraid not my stupid stupid friend. If you want to be out of here alive, step. Down. Now. Balthas said with finality.

Marlowe
2012-06-29, 08:45 PM
((If he had time to say all that, then I've already shot him. Perdita has a terrible Sense Motive and knows it. Yes, I live in China, the TSAB isn't from Doctor Who, and breaking the fourth wall is Bardic privilege.))

Perdita squeezes the trigger and slaps down a reload. "I said one chance, winner! Is everyone on this bloody continent Mr. Thick "Thicky" Thickson from Thicksville, Thicksylvania, People's Republic of Whale Omelet? You could unbalance the world candle market from the wax in every blighter's ears."

only1doug
2012-06-30, 12:39 AM
(If Perdita shoots him then s'Kria't shoots too,
once we go offensive we take him down HARD, Keeping him alive for the bosses was a nice theory but if its him or everyone within 100 miles then he dies.
If i think he is bluffing then i would try to a less lethal approach.)

Norad906
2012-06-30, 02:43 AM
The arrows bounce right off.
Who's thick NOW? Hahaha! A protection spell for a job of this magnitude is the top of the list! Since you'll just attack me with your swords and clubs, you all must die!
he utters a single word and the contents of the cauldron start to burn and boil.
Dalmosh of the Infinite Maws is CR 17, so i recommend you find a way to stop the ritual, lest i have to find a creative solution that will not seem like cheating. Also, the spell is protection from ARROWS, not anything else.

Marlowe
2012-06-30, 05:55 AM
"Very much you, daft joker. Never heard somebody talk himself into a grave so fast." This is a job for the Chopperblokes, but since they're busy doing...something else it looks as though I'd better give this a go. She charges the cauldron, aiming a kick to the rim, hoping to spill its contents over Mr Wannabe Republic Serial Villain 3.04am August 12th 1959.

Strength check:[roll0]

"Someone going to grapple the goiter and feed him to his own bloody soup?"

only1doug
2012-06-30, 11:48 AM
Hmmm, you fear swords and clubs then?

Where have those basher boys got too?

Ah well, best deal with this world ending monstrosity first, hmmmmm?

Ranged touch (targetting cauldron) [roll0]
Disintegrating cauldron if it hits (stationary object should be ac 5)

newBlazingAngel
2012-06-30, 12:32 PM
Brilliant idea! Balthas yelled at the bard. He ran at his own full speed trying to charge and bull rush the sorcerer.

Strength check: [roll0]

+5 for strength +2 for charging +1 for bard song

Veloric
2012-06-30, 02:48 PM
Hearing all of the commotion coming from the greenhouse, Tirel will run hastily to assist. Noticing the cauldron, he grows uneasy. He's clearly missed something of importance, but his companions seem to know what they're doing. He sees that they have already gone to work and decides to join in.

Tirel will also attempt to bull rush the sorcerer to separate the sorcerer from his foul concoction. The longer this takes, the more dangerous it'll be.

Strength Check [Bullrush]: [roll0]
+4 Str, +2 Charge, +1 Bard Song
Are we using tiles for this encounter also?

Norad906
2012-06-30, 03:02 PM
The cauldron spills and the flames cease as the foolish sorcerer tries in vain to crawl away.

newBlazingAngel
2012-06-30, 03:13 PM
((And the bull rushes?))

Norad906
2012-06-30, 06:51 PM
@newBlazing
You tackle the fleeing sorceror. He /almost/ reflexed save, 19 vs. 20

newBlazingAngel
2012-06-30, 07:17 PM
YOU SHOULD HAVE SURRENDERED WHEN YOU HAD THE CHANCE, KNAVE! He took a full force, right swing at the man's face.

To hit, if needed: [roll0]

Once hit: [roll1]

Marlowe
2012-06-30, 10:42 PM
Seeing that part of the job is well in hand, Perdita takes some time to calmly gather up the scraps of parchment surrounding the cauldron. In the event anyone actually survives, she suspects they may be of more use putting a picture together than anything the soon to be liquified remains of the apprentice might say.

"Try to leave him conscious mates, and dip him in feet-first! she says cheerfully. "We want his observations recorded for posterity."

Norad906
2012-07-01, 02:29 AM
@Belthas
He screams and coughs as the fist slams into his face, knocking him out and breaking his nose. He's out cold.

I think it's time to high-tail it out of this crappy quest. Trust me, i have way better quests in store. Rocket skates may or may not be involved.

newBlazingAngel
2012-07-01, 10:00 AM
((I approve said rocket skates))

Balthas stood and slung the man over his shoulder. It seems we've one the day comrades. Some ale and a victory song are almost certainly in need.

Norad906
2012-07-01, 02:06 PM
Ok, that's it for this quest. Tying up an unconscious human with no debuffs is CR 0, so i'm not even gonna roll it.

I'm also sick of listing the individual EXP earnings, so i'm just telling you how much you get:
Perdita 9001 175
s'Krai't 230
Belthas 150
Cleric whose name i forget because shadowy almost never posts :smalltongue: 90
Garrock 113
Tirel 245

newBlazingAngel
2012-07-01, 02:32 PM
((So do we just show up at the bar with the bad guy?))

Norad906
2012-07-01, 04:13 PM
If nobody wants to do anything else, then i'll continue with the plot.

newBlazingAngel
2012-07-01, 05:09 PM
((Well first we need to ransack the place. Or at the very least, loot the bodies.))

Veloric
2012-07-01, 05:45 PM
(( I wish that I could have contributed more to the fight, sorry! I've got some loot already, so I'm good to go on with the plot. ))

Norad906
2012-07-01, 06:30 PM
The Kobolds have 40 SP apiece on them, for a total of 1 GP and 60 SP. 32 SP for everyone. Ain't you rich? Also, the sorcerer has 20 GP on his person, for 4 GP for everybody, plus a kitchen knife he was using in place of a dagger, which i doubt anybody wants because it's cheaply made and 3 lbs, so it's pretty much dead weight. He also has a letter on him that is written in a cryptic language that doesn't match any alphabet that the party knows of. You should give it to Birkinsson.

newBlazingAngel
2012-07-01, 06:48 PM
I'll take this. Balthas said drawing the knife from the sorcerer. Wouldn't want him getting any funny ideas once awakened.

Norad906
2012-07-01, 06:51 PM
I'll take this. Balthas said drawing the knife from the sorcerer. Wouldn't want him getting any funny ideas once awakened.

You should throw it out of the window.

newBlazingAngel
2012-07-01, 07:17 PM
((I had a feeling that it might come in handy. Now I know it will. It's poorly made so maybe with a proper strength check I could get it to shatter inside of someones stomach. :smallamused:))

Marlowe
2012-07-02, 01:31 AM
Perdita is disgusted. "The plonker went down to ONE PUNCH. And yet he could cast--and yet he chose--. Stone the bloody crows. Unless anyone wants to try sacrificing him to his own demiurge for the sheer flipping good of the bloody Human gene pool I say we say do'strivnanya to this incredibly contrived sequence of events."

She turned to tiny bloke. "Oy, you. If you could cast THAT the entire time why didn't you use it on the mickey as soon as he started ranting about killing everyone? We'd have been sweet apples and home for brekkie. And will somebody bloody collapse the flipping waveform on Schoedringer's Kobold?"

Marlowe
2012-07-02, 02:21 AM
rolling for crossbow bolts. 1=broken
[roll0][roll1][roll2][roll3]

only1doug
2012-07-02, 02:47 AM
But we were told to take him alive... how could we do that if I turned him to dust?

And as I can only use the ability very infrequently I didn't wish to use it unless I needed too.

I've made some suggestions for modifying the Tulc race on your homebrew page Norad

Norad906
2012-07-02, 11:11 AM
SOOOO... to the tavern then?

newBlazingAngel
2012-07-02, 01:46 PM
Balthas was going to suggest a brothel.....:smallfrown:

Norad906
2012-07-02, 04:10 PM
Balthas was going to suggest a brothel.....:smallfrown:

Give the criminal to Birkinsson first, then you can bed all of the prostitutes your heart desires. But the local ones aren't very good, i hear the lizardfolk have breast augmentations.

newBlazingAngel
2012-07-02, 04:14 PM
That's why you get an elf. Dainty, but they have all the dexterity. :smallwink:

Norad906
2012-07-02, 06:43 PM
That's why you get an elf. Dainty, but they have all the dexterity. :smallwink:

We should stop this before one of the admins gets annoyed :smalltongue:

newBlazingAngel
2012-07-02, 07:08 PM
((So should we just show up at the bar or is their something else you want us to encounter?))

Norad906
2012-07-02, 09:11 PM
((So should we just show up at the bar or is their something else you want us to encounter?))

I was going to have a Zam-Wessel style assassin ambush to prevent Crowne from extracting info from the Sorcerer guy, but i decided against it.

Veloric
2012-07-02, 09:56 PM
(( I'm all for heading to the tavern to drop off our baddie. I'll try and be more active in the future. Do you want to do some sort of initiative list for encounters? I was kind of confused about my turn to act. ))

newBlazingAngel
2012-07-02, 10:06 PM
I don't think initiative works with the way we're playing. We all have various different activity levels and timezones which could leave us all waiting days for a single post.

Norad906
2012-07-03, 12:31 AM
Okay, i'm sick of this akward banter... let's assume you just arrives and dropped off the tied up unconscious bad guy.
Hmm. Seems like you did the job, and I assume you saved at least a few of those parchment he was stealing? I'll take that, okay then. Anyway, your payment is in order. Forty gold for each of you. But, of course, we might now speak about the long term assignment...?

newBlazingAngel
2012-07-03, 12:46 AM
If the work is this easy for this pay, I'm willing to sign something long term. He said grabbing another drink and slipping the waitresses a copper coin into her dress.

only1doug
2012-07-03, 02:06 AM
Indeed, I feel I can work with these new allies, I would like to hear the conditions of the long term contract.

Veloric
2012-07-03, 02:29 AM
Tirel burrows his hands into his belt pouches, and produces the stolen parchments. If you can keep the work coming and the gold flowing, I'll do whatever it is you like. You'll hear no argument from me. Handing over the papers, he remembers the crystal he 'acquired'. Nothing that they need to know about...

Marlowe
2012-07-03, 04:43 AM
"Mate! Didn't know you were a pickpocket!" Perdita japes to Tirel while producing her own set of parchments. She beats them slowly against her left palm while eyeing the Legate appraisingly. "Dunno, mate. Seems to me like munting over an eldritch-abomination-fueled plan of metrocide might be worth a bit more than 40gp. That doesn't even buy me a replacement crossbow if I need one. You told us we were after an apprentice, not some idiot-savant divination expert who somehow knows exactly what spell he needs to learn to annoy us. You picked up the nark wizard? And the Chook-Lizard who somehow has the power to cloud men's minds so they all forgot he even existed? Got some goodies on the weirdboy's master? Not keen on getting blindsided again."

Norad906
2012-07-03, 12:36 PM
He looks at Perdita with curiosity.
Metrocide? Eldritch Abomination? What? We thought that he was a lackey. If he tried to summon an Outsider, than that means they want their goal with... troubling conviction. I need a moment...
he takes out a crystal.
Yes. They seem willing... I don't know, but that's not why i sent for you. It's the Sorcerer. They say he tried to summon something, eldritch they say... we'll find out when we remove that info from his corpse...
He takes out a shortsword and stabs the Sorcerer in the stomach, then the chest.
Now that he's dead, our channelers will be able to extract the info without bias of the living. Rem save your soul friend.

newBlazingAngel
2012-07-03, 12:49 PM
Balthas looks very disgruntled at the killing. Presumably the bar staff and patrons are sharing a similar look. I wanted to do that...

Norad906
2012-07-03, 02:00 PM
To make things worse, the man runs his blade along the corpse's right thigh, coating the blade in bloob, and dips the tip into his mead.
Nobody saw that right? Good. I'm sick of the damn chicken blood and cow blood i usually get. I'll pay you an additional gold piece to forget that bit. Don't worry, i'm not a vampire. I'm something a bit less... desperate. But, the mission, right? Come to the town keep at this time tomorrow and we can work something out. I don't care what you do in the time being. Buy supplies, fins a place to board, I don't care.
he gets up and leaves the room, the dead sorcerer on his shoulder.

newBlazingAngel
2012-07-03, 05:55 PM
Well that was unsettling. I say we each do our best to forget about it by putting our livers to work. He said taking a long sip from his mug. Perhaps if we can forget enough we'll wake with a member of the fairer sex.

Marlowe
2012-07-04, 01:36 AM
"You'll be needing a bath first mate. Just my expert opinion," says Perdita with a laugh. "Well, I'm all for getting soused and pretending that last op didn't happen. But let's get a few things crystal, mates." She turns to the crew.

"In future, we do NOT all split up to start looking for shinies until we're absol-bloody-lutely sure that all hostiles have been confirmed, and all dead space scouted. And if some plonker starts ranting about being able to waste us with a word, we don't give him time. We just flipping thrash him from here to Wednesday. Sorted?"

She turns to the glowering staff."Oy! Wenches and Waiters! Booze and Bacon! And some rags please, we'll clean up this mess ourselves."

only1doug
2012-07-04, 01:52 AM
That does seem to be a most elegant proposal, I agree wholeheartedly.

As the old song goes: "never split the party", would you give us a rendition Perdita, to refresh the memories of those who forget?

Waitress, I would like a large fresh salad please, with a side order of new potatoes.

Marlowe
2012-07-04, 03:50 AM
Perdita, like most oratorial Bards, gets a little annoyed at everyone assuming she's a songstress, but launches into something tangentially related anyway."Since men first went to war
there's been espirit de corps
among fighting men that's more than moral fiber
The wedge that won the gates
Were more than just good mates
And there's Hieronymous and Hextor in the Liber
It's the custom in the ranks
To protect each other's flanks
Like the ancient Legions did it by the Tiber
But you've never known the charms
of the fellowship of arms
until you've had it up the blooming- 'scuse mates, my booze is here".

newBlazingAngel
2012-07-04, 10:26 AM
Lovely. Makes me hungry. He said. Balthas drained the rest of the mug in a single gulp. Steak and ale. Keep it coming and Balthas will reward you well! He sang with a wink to the waitresses. Time to party.

Norad906
2012-07-04, 10:40 AM
@Balthas
You take 1 point of nonlethal damage for drinking on an empty stomach :smalltongue:
(By this time it's about 9:30 P.M. and in this region the coastal winds make it very humid by now, so i'd recommend going back to your house or finding an inn.)

only1doug
2012-07-04, 10:49 AM
When shall we all meet again? Here, at 10am?

After an agreement of where and when to meet is reached, s'Kria't will return to his home in the 16th. the Fey 16th, where the tiny folk dwell

newBlazingAngel
2012-07-04, 11:01 AM
Oh gods, a realist DM. Kord help us all. Balthas muttered feeling the pain in his gut. He wolfed down the steak the waitress brought so that he could drown himself further in the DeMon drink.

Marlowe
2012-07-04, 10:51 PM
After a couple of drinks, Perdita decides that none of the men in the company are really up her alley, or likely to become so, and leans over to the waitress. She's always had a thing for the full-skirted off-the-shoulder look.

"Oy, love. What say I pay you triple your night's salary, we go find an inn together and you can help me practice my probe team insertion technique? No pressure."

Norad906
2012-07-05, 12:58 AM
@ Marlowe O.o I think i read that wrong, and i don't speak Australian or New Zeland or whatever slang you're using, but... I think that's too over-the-top for an OOTS comic itself, so just... Erm...
GAAAH! DELETE THAT POST WHILE I SPONGE OFF MY BRAIN!!!! :smallyuk::smalleek:

newBlazingAngel
2012-07-05, 01:03 AM
I'll make an intimidate check if it helps him score her...

Mam, my friend here was worked very hard today and requires an outlet for hi frustrations. If you would prefer you could be my outlet...

[roll0]

Marlowe
2012-07-05, 06:16 AM
For the second time in only a few minutes, Perdita Scirocco, hired killer and very obvious female, gets a little irritated in her teammates obviously having no idea what she is.

"Don't mind him love. He's a little dozy over what goes in where and in what. Takes after his old man that way. So, do I get some hands-on assessment of undercover assets or do I have to get you sozzled first? Waiter! A drink for my friend here!"

Veloric
2012-07-05, 12:12 PM
During all of this Tirel has been toying with the crystal he acquired, making sure that it stays out of sight. He decides that he likes it too much to sell. He raises from his seat and walks to the innkeeper.

I'd like to buy a room for the night, innkeep. Quality doesn't matter much as long as it's got a bed and some privacy.

Norad906
2012-07-05, 12:34 PM
@Tirel
The crystal seems to hum softly. the maid has a look of confusion, then subduedness on her face
Yes, for you? No charge. The room you're staying in is... a
(Add "Telepathic Affinity [Host]" to your feats. I'll give you the details later.)

@Marlowe
My face right now: a mix of :smallredface:+:smalleek:+:smallyuk:
Please move to more delicate subject matter. Please? It's okay if you don't want to for the sole purpose of antagonizing me but... Gah! wait for me to finish vomiting...

newBlazingAngel
2012-07-05, 01:30 PM
I roll a spot check to find my own bar maid.

[roll0]

+1 for wisdom bonus.

Norad906
2012-07-05, 01:32 PM
@newBlazing I'm going to get you both for this! And your little familiar too! heheheheheee!

Norad906
2012-07-05, 01:33 PM
*sigh* I suppose there's no way around this. Make diplomacy checks Blazing and Marlowe...

newBlazingAngel
2012-07-05, 01:56 PM
*high fives Marlow*

[roll0]

Norad906
2012-07-05, 02:45 PM
@newBlazing the barmaid answers your approach in the form of screaming and running away. :smallamused: Next time invest in charisma.

newBlazingAngel
2012-07-05, 02:54 PM
Screw this, I'm going to the brothel. Balthas said. He tosses a silver coin onto the bar to pay for his meal and walks out to hunt down some entertainment.

Veloric
2012-07-05, 03:37 PM
A little surprised by the free room, Tirel gives no argument.

Returning to his party, he sees that they've got other things on their minds and decide against interrupting, instead heading to his room in order to inspect his trinket.

Entering his room, he pulls out the crystal and a soft cloth. He'll attempt to clean it, inspect it, and if nothing out of the ordinary occurs he will stash it away and simply head to bed.

Their little 'adventure' had been over before he had really had a chance to show his skill, and he was eager to begin more work.

Norad906
2012-07-05, 05:06 PM
@Tirel (NOBODY else read this. NOBODY!)
The crystal hums a calming tone. It soothes the turmoil of the day. your hair, the bed sheets, your nightwear, anything that isn't nailed down seems to float as energy fills the room. You find yourself laying on the bed, and your eyes slip shut... and when you open them, you are laying atop a cot within a small, two-person cloth tent, a blinding pain in your left shoulder. You look, and were your arm once was are bloody bandages. You try and rise, but you feel weak and immediately fall again. As you find yourself questioning how you got here or how you lost your arm, a male Dwarf walks in and says Hrrm. So yeh fin'leh got yerself busted up eh? Lemme take car 'a dat... you seem to know him somehow, but just as you think he reaches down and touches were your arm once was. A furious pain whips through for a moment, but then you feel nothing in the arm. 'Kay, i healt tha wound but tha arm 'an't be fixed with magic. You feel confused at what is happening, but words come to your mouth that are not your own. Thank you, brother Hjoras. Hieronymus bless you. I don't need my arm, I've got a mind, and that's the only weapon I need. You get up with newfound strength, and you find yourself walking out of the tent, onto a sandy field outside of a walled city. On the field men and women of all shapes and sizes fight some sort horde of monsters, with orges trolls and all kinds of undead, a Black Dragon flying above. the Dwarf draws a hammer and says to you as you both run at the Horde This'll be 'un for the Legends someday. as you blast the field with bolts of energy you didn't know you had, a troll grabs you by the shoulders and yells at you in perfect common THIS IS A LIBRARY, NOT AN INN YOU DAFT DOG-KIN! it shakes you and shakes until You open your eyes and you find that a angry looking human is shaking you by the shoulders. You're finally awake. I was afraid i'd have to harm ye. You still find yourself drunkenly sleepy, but you manage to say "Sorry, won't happen again... as you look onto the table in front of you, you notice a book of history turned to a page titled "The Battle of Dustgrave Fields"

Marlowe
2012-07-05, 10:01 PM
((Sorry for offending your old-fashioned sensibilities Norad, but I didn't start this creepy whoremongering game, but I am going to show how it's done. Also, being a DM doesn't give you any right to tell a player to delete their posts and expunge their stated actions. Nor, for that matter, does it give you any right to tell them what they can and can't say in character.))

Diplomacy:[roll0]

If it's good:
She throws down a gold for the meal, and gives the maid another gold. They depart looking for an Inn, and possibly some shopping (Perdita needs some more crossbow bolts and a hat, and she'll get her companion something nice too.) She does have an ulterior motive--she wants to quiz the maid on Birkensson. His habits, how often he's in, who he talks to, how often he eviscerates unconscious thickies on their tables.

Perdita has a room of her own in a place called The Yellow Flag--but it's not a place she'd like to take a nice girl to.

If it's less than good:
"I savvy love, you get groped, mauled, winked at, checked out, eyed up, pinched, poked, prodded and frotted all day. Well, if you want somebody that knows how to pinch where it's fun, feel free to look up Perdita Scirocco. I'm at the Yellow Flag. Just move fast through the common room and don't make eye contact. Now-" she passes over a gold for the meal, a gold for the maid, just as the other option."-I notice that stinge Berkinsson didn't pay you blokes anything to look the other way. I want you to keep an eye on that Lollipop-Guilder for me. Let me know who else he chats with, who else he carves up among the pastries, that sort of thing. Spot you".

She shoulders her crossbow, and moves out the door, heading toward the night markets.

And in either case she'd have some sharp words with Belthas if he hadn't left already.

newBlazingAngel
2012-07-05, 10:11 PM
((Marlowe, he does have some right to. It is his game. He just doesn't want to roleplay every creek of the bed for us. It's a perfectly fine thing to not want something like this in a campaign. The only reason I'm doing it is because it's hilarious and in character.))

Marlowe
2012-07-05, 10:40 PM
((Then he can make us roll checks and/or fade to black. Any of a thousand things. But not just keep saying "Don't do that".))

Veloric
2012-07-05, 11:21 PM
Tirel awakens, confused.

Who was the dwarf? What battle was that? How in the 'hell' did I get here? The last thing I remember was heading off to bed...

Rattled by his dream, Tirel collects himself and manages to say out loud to the bookkeeper, "Would you mind telling me how I got here? I don't...". His words are cut short when he sees the book in front of him laid open. The temptation is too much and so he leans over and begins to read "The Battle of Dustgrave Field".

only1doug
2012-07-06, 01:41 AM
s'Kria't has returned to his quarters and settles in for the night.

A lot of the previous posts belong in the OoC thread, could we use that more maybe?

Norad906
2012-07-06, 12:14 PM
@Perdita Must... resist... urge... to make curious college student... joke... It's DC 17, so you win the check. But still, was all of that really necessary to befriend a barmaid :smallyuk: seriously, you couldn't have found some other way?
@Tirel
You read.
The battle of Dustgrave Fields, or as it was called then, the Black Dragon invasion, was fought by the Bristal People's Militia against a horde of monstrous humanoids led by the black dragon Numinex. The most notable of these soldiers were Pitale Dragonsbane, whom would later found the Crowne Legion and set up a republic democracy in the Tantion Territories, which at the time was the largest of the Lost Continent territories... Other notable soldiers included Furmus Digmar, the first Chancellor of the Tantion Republic, and Mordin Mindarm, who was one of the first Psions to become a high ranking member of the Dusk Guild. Not much is known about why the dragon attacked the city, but historians agree that without the heroism of the many that day, Bristal would not have survived. (There are 3 pop culture references within the above passage because I didn't want to have another "Kingdom of scientific-name-for-a part-of-reproductive-anatomy-that-I-almost-named-a-country-because-I-didn't-immediately-realize-that-it-wasn't-complete-gibberish". I'll forgive newBlazing and Marlowe if they can find them. :smallamused:)

newBlazingAngel
2012-07-06, 12:20 PM
Balthas attempts to find the finest hooker in town.

search check: [roll0]

Norad906
2012-07-06, 01:57 PM
@Belthas You find a rather large, upper class brothel. 65 GP a night.

newBlazingAngel
2012-07-06, 02:31 PM
Balthas quietly starts crying and heads to the inn to get a room with a single bed. Before going to sleep he mumbles something about 'more starting gold.'

Norad906
2012-07-06, 04:38 PM
@Belthas and that's my revenge. Now fore Marlowe... :smallamused:

Veloric
2012-07-06, 04:45 PM
Tirel tears out the pages, ignoring any protests the woman may have. There's no such thing as coincidence. I think I'm losing my mind.

He'll depart from the library and return to the tavern.

(( I assume it's morning? Time for our next adventure ))

newBlazingAngel
2012-07-06, 05:02 PM
You know, the average starting gold for second level is 900 gp. Balthas muttered in his sleep.

Norad906
2012-07-06, 06:10 PM
@Tirel as you depart from the library, you find that the sky is a purplish colour and it can't be more than 5 in the morning. Strangely, though, you find that you aren't tired. Out of the corner of your eye you see a what seems to be a glowing blue object, but when you turn your head you find that it's gone, but were it was is a small throughfare that runs behind the library.

Veloric
2012-07-06, 07:45 PM
Not sensing any real danger, and being the curious man that he his, Tirel will follow the path.

Norad906
2012-07-06, 07:53 PM
You find yourself at a dark plaza were every building seems run down. A man with a throaty voice cries out for help. You can't make out his face, but it seems that he is being mugged by a hooded man with a large knife.

Veloric
2012-07-06, 08:48 PM
If he's worth mugging, maybe there's a reward in it for me.

Staying silent, Tirel will draw his sword and move to intercept the attacker.

Norad906
2012-07-06, 09:24 PM
(You're wearing your armor btw) You attack the attacker. he ctumples to the ground, and his dagger flies out of his hand. He's wounded and incapacitated, so he's no longer a threat.

Veloric
2012-07-06, 10:17 PM
I'll kick the mugger in the ribs just for good measure. Sheathing my sword I'll say to the man, "Are you alright? Some right scum we've got here."

I'll inspect the man for injuries, taking particular note of his clothing or valuables.

Whatever is applicable:

Heal - [roll0]
Gather Information - [roll1]
Spot - [roll2]

Marlowe
2012-07-07, 12:42 AM
@Perdita Must... resist... urge... to make curious college student... joke... It's DC 17, so you win the check. But still, was all of that really necessary to befriend a barmaid :smallyuk: seriously, you couldn't have found some other way?

((She really is going to bang the girl like a door. She just has some useful pillow-talk planned. You would rather she feigned friendship and then jumped her by surprise later? You have a very strange system of morality.))

Perdita will try to get the maid some shoes. Women in her position are always in need of comfortable footwear they can slip on and off in a hurry. She might as well look for some manacles too, for business and pleasure. For herself, she wants a broad-brimmed hat or a forage cap with earflaps. She's sensitive about her ears.

If there's any cold iron crossbow bolts on offer, she'll take ten.

only1doug
2012-07-12, 02:06 AM
s'Kria't returns to the agreed meeting point at the appropriate time.

Goodmorning all, what are our plans for the day?

Marlowe
2012-07-12, 04:04 AM
Perdita enters looking alarming chirpy, and smelling of a fresh prestidigitation. "Plans? Starters, mate, I'm going to order some combo that contains illegal quantities of caffein, protein, and sugar and bloody well wolf it. Without chewing. Jaw's stiff for some reason." She sits down and waves for service.

"Lord Lullabye-Leaguer said nothing about picking up the dodgy wizard last night. You suppose he spent the whole night gimped to a tree? Be a regular barrel of gits and shiggles to do that by accident. Shall we take a gander after brekkie?"

only1doug
2012-07-12, 04:28 AM
A fine plan, lets do that, then perhaps we'll be able to find out what other mischief there is for us to investigate.