PDA

View Full Version : Return of the Surgeon's Brother [PF]

ExemplarofAvg
2012-06-20, 07:48 PM
Hello Playgrounders, I'm in a situation.
Some of you may know of an earlier post of mine talking about a Chiurgeon/Vivisectionist. He's doing well thanks for asking.

Well... Maybe not that Well.
My DM being great like he is has told us that we are drawing near the end of the campaign (sad as it may be) and last session, earlier today we found out either a/the/one of the; Big Bad(s). I thought nothing of it when the DM had us write backstories (I always have one prepared, which is what he said gave him the idea) I'll play out the scene in spoiler below.
The PC's were exploring a research facility that was basically an Alchemists wet dream or dry dream depending on the materials. Anyways, we decided that the alchemist should try and grab some of these and so I set to work identifying the various chemicals and composites while my fellows were off exploring the rest of the facility. Then stuff started to go down, all magic in the facility stopped functioning (lights, the magus' buffs, all of it) So I gathered up what I had identified (and some that I hadn't) stuffed them in my bag and went to the door, it was locked so I Mutagened up (BullBear Variety, all my Mutagens are named like the 3.5 spells, so with Grand Mutagen the +6 goes first and the secondary is the +4, just fyi) as I needed to get the door down and expected to take damage on the other size. After getting down the hall I managed to locate the other PCs who were in one of the medical auditoriums, (which I didn't manage to break into) with a solitary body, the Paladin had checked it and found it to be dead. Which of course meant it at that moment proved them wrong sprouted wings and released some sort of green fog that pretty much took out the PCs after a few rounds. However it didn't kill them just knocked them unconscious as the creature informed me as it walked to the door wiped the glass and said "Hope you enjoyed the show, Bro" then flew away through the ceiling that he shattered and had concrete rain down on my allies.
Background Summary:
My character uses the Chiurgeon Archetype (http://www.d20pfsrd.com/classes/base-classes/alchemist/archetypes/paizo---alchemist-archetypes/chirurgeon) because his older brother was one, however his brother enjoyed peace and acted as a medic during a war that shaped the world as we see it now. He died during this war which is what led my character to use the Vivisectionist Archetype (http://www.d20pfsrd.com/classes/base-classes/alchemist/archetypes/paizo---alchemist-archetypes/vivisectionist) in attempt to use his medical knowledge to wipe the evil from this world (a line which he blurs often)
So if this goes the way I think it does the party is all going to have to face rivals from their past (in game or out) and I don't think I'm going to enjoy this. Although there are a few things I do know about this character I'll presumably be facing (or one of the other party members will)

My Rival (Brother)
Race: Was Human, now, who knows.
Class: (Chiurgeon+) Alchemist
I'm thinking Herbalist with a hand wave to the Noxious Bomb cannot be used like a bomb, for the Breath Weapon type ability. Other than that Chiurgeon can combine with Internal Alchemist, Reanimator and Vivisectionist. But because of the Herbalist (if it is, are there other ways to deal nonlethal damage with a breath bomb?)
Level: ?
What he's capable of.
Flying, Breathing Noxious Fumes.
Able to shrug off hits from our gunslinger (Armor or some other effect?)
That's it.
I have a total of two aces in the whole.
Mummification: Immune to Non-Lethal
Sneak Attack was swapped for Sneak Stab+Bleeding Attack. High Damage with good side effects.
Other threats the party might face
Gunslingers Rival: Musket Master Gunslinger scary long range
Originally the first boss we fought. Original tactic involved splitting up so he couldn't focus on both groups.

Magus Rival, Another Magus uses a scythe, not much known, I think there's a focus on critical, not entirely sure, slim background.

Paladin Rival, some police chief that occurred when I wasn't there.
I think their morals and personal laws crossed lines somewhere.
It's kind of a common occurrence in fiction.

TL;DR
I'm a Level 15 Chiurgeon/Vivisectionist and I need to take down a Chiurgeon/Internal Alchemist/Herbalist who might be higher level took out my three partners (Human Gunslinger, Elven Magus, Warforged Paladin) other threats include (Human Musket Master, Half-Elven Scythe Magus, Human Police Officer)

ExemplarofAvg
2012-06-21, 03:07 PM
Apparently the Police Officer is some sort of mid-ranged attacking Paladin using a Myriad of thrown weapons, based on new information.