PDA

View Full Version : NWoD Zombie Apocalypse Group A

Benson
2012-06-20, 10:03 PM
It is another hot September day here in Phoenix, here in the valley of the sun, whatever you want to call it. The newscast for the day made mention of it hitting 107 degrees around the afternoon. Worst, it had a random rainstorm last night that disappeared as quickly as it appeared. Arizona's weird with its weather. So, its a humid mornin' for you as you find yourself on the Light Rail for your personal reasons, on Central Ave headin' south, still some ways until you get to the city's downtown.

For convenience, the lot of you are in the same light rail car. Its pretty comfortable inside, keeping ya for a while, protected from the sweltering sun outside.

(post yer introductory posts a'fore I move on, or you guys can role play with each other for a bit before I move on)

SecondRevan
2012-06-21, 12:44 AM
Despite spare seats being available, Lee stood, preferring not to sit down and deal having his pistol, tucked into the back of his trousers and covered by his shirt, pressed up against his spine. He was still slightly tired from the party last night, and happy he wasn't hungover as well. Important deal was supposed to be happening today and in the blistering heat, the last thing he wanted was a hangover to add to his troubles.

Jack DeCoeur
2012-06-21, 05:01 AM
Eli sat with his briefcase on his lap. He was technically on church business, so was in his minister's garb. People treated you differently when they thought you were a man of God. Some with respect and deference, some with contempt or outright aggression, but always different than if you were in jeans and a t-shirt. He contemplated listening to music on his phone, but the hustle and bustle of people around him was fascinating. People often had interesting conversations on public transport he found. He pulled at his collar slightly, it was hot. Too hot. It had never been like this back in Cambridge. He sighed, pulled open his case and pulled out a notebook and pen with the intention of going over his shopping list one last time.

Dr. Roboto
2012-06-23, 12:59 PM
Cory paged again through his biology book. His professors never gave enough time to do the reading, and didn't seem to be letting up for the heat. He sighed, putting the book aside. Maybe he could study while working. Even forgetting the weather and school, rent was due soon, and all he had had to eat that day was a dry packet of oatmeal. At least he worked inside, where it was relatively cool. He closed his eyes, let his head fall forward, and tried to get some sleep.

Benson
2012-06-23, 02:30 PM
Our fourth player who hasn't posted, has withdrawn, so we shall move on.

The Light Rail seemed to be in smooth sailing and everything seemed to be fine and dandy. Except for the man in the dirty sweat shirt hoodie with the hood up who stepped into the light rail during one of its stops. His hands seemed a sickly color and if anyone was able to catch a glimpse of his eyes they would appear sunken with red thick veins. [Feel free to make a Perception Check (Wits plus Composure) in the OOC, a single Success is needed] He would then take a seat in the very back, stumbling a bit, where he would then go into a severe seeming coughing fit.

SecondRevan
2012-06-23, 09:12 PM
As the man in the hood entered the railcar, Lee ignored him, too busy looking out the window and letting his mind roam around, unfocused

Jack DeCoeur
2012-06-24, 12:14 PM
The newcomer entered with no aplomb, but Eli noticed him none the less. He mused to himself that it was part of his duties to notice people, but his train of thought was severely disrailed when he noticed how sickly the man seemed. The man moved to the back of the bus sure, but the Pastor kept an eye on him. He seemed unwell, but he was obviously well enough to walk around on his. Whilst concerned, Eli decided to take no action, unless the man got significantly worse.

Benson
2012-06-25, 04:18 PM
Dr Roboto informed me they would be gone from until next Saturday, and thus, auto follow mode 'em.

The hooded man continued with a coughing fit, where once in a while they'd let out a low growl, as if they were irritated. Anyways, aside from that there seemed to be nothing more.

The ride continued as was, nice and smooth, well it was nice and smooth, sometimes, life just throws you a curveball, a nice huge curveball threatening your life.

Suddenly, the light rail came to a screeching halt, as a loud thunderous crunch could be heard from the front car ahead. Simultaneously, the cables above on the outside snapped along with the connectors between the two carts, as the cart you all were on also fell off the rails and swept along the street taking civilian vehicles down like a broom. The cart then eventually, just flipped over on its side. [You can post your character's initial reactions and then make a Wits and Dexterity Check in the OOC]

SecondRevan
2012-06-25, 07:19 PM
Lee held onto the pole tight as the car suddenly stopped and slid off the track, thankful that he had been holding onto it. He quickly managed to strengthen his grip as everything got more chaotic, before the car flipped and he couldn't hold on any longer, slamming into the window.

Jack DeCoeur
2012-06-26, 04:09 PM
What the...? Something was obviously very wrong here. Eli held tightly to his briefcase with one hand, and the seat in front of him with the other. He closed his eyes and tried to shut out the visions of a dark night and screeching tires. This was going to be bad.

Benson
2012-06-26, 05:59 PM
Alas Cory had little luck falling down and hitting the ground with the cart flipping to his side. He'd find himself with a broken nose, bleeding like no one's business. Eli would find his left wrist hurting a lot, and difficult to move without making it hurt more. Lee would find himself with an unpleasant headache. But for the most part, the three survived with just cuts, bruises, and of course, their respective new ailments.

One of now new top windows were broken in, glass on the now new floor of the cart. Some passengers didn't make it, some were crying and screaming, most were groaning in pain laying on the ground. Sirens could be heard in the distance approaching.

Jack DeCoeur
2012-06-27, 12:05 PM
Eli lay there stunned for a while. Seconds? Hours? It was hard to tell. His ears were ringing, for some time. When his hearing finally came back it was the sirens that broke through first, followed by crying, and screams of pain.
He closed his eyes tightly. He was dreaming. He used to have dreams like this all the time, something had triggered their re-emergence. Except, there was pain. There was never pain in the dreams and now his wrist hurt. A lot. The pain was brutal, but not debilitating. The briefcase was held close to him, though he was not entirely sure why. Perhaps its presence as a familiar object help ground him. Unsurprisingly he didn't spend long musing on this point. Everything was topsy turvy though. Standing, as best he could the man surveyed the carnage. "God. Help us." It was faint and probably audible only to Eli, but it was sincere.

The priest had no medical training, but there was one thing he was good at, talking to people, so that's what he did. There were people all around, but who to help? He would be useless to those who were unconscious, or, God forbid it, dead, so there were ignored out of necessity. Those with gaping wounds were also beyond his skill set, so he left them too, though it pained him greatly. He coughed, it was dusty and various unidentifiable smells filled the air. "Everyone" his voice raised he tried to make himself heard over the commotion "please, listen to me. Those of you who are able to stand need to get out immediately. I can help anyone out through the top windows who needs it. Does anyone here have any medical training?"

SecondRevan
2012-06-27, 06:42 PM
Lee got off his back an the priest barked orders, lucky to only have escaped with a headache. "Yeah, I can do some some basic med" he called out, neglecting to mention that it had developed from years of fixing fellow gang members' wounds. Lee started to help someone off the ground, as he looked around for who needed medical help the most. Some people wouldn't make it, while other's were better off waiting for professional medical help. However, when he found the best choice, he moved carefully towards the figure, trying to tiptoe around the broken glass, and started to help.

Benson
2012-06-28, 02:08 AM
One young plain faced brunette teen raised her arm and coughed, a pained look on her face. "I...I...don't that think man is breathing.." Her tone of voice was close to her breaking in traumatized tears. She herself was cut up bad but otherwise fine, for the most part.

The man she was referring to was another passenger lying face down on the glass, body sprawled, blood coming from the side of his head. He was a middle aged caucasian man, looking to be on the hefty side, brown combed hair.

Jack DeCoeur
2012-06-30, 04:13 AM
Eli moved towards the girl cautiously. He stumbled slighty, still disorientated from the crash. In steadying himself he put more weight than he would have liked onto his damaged wrist and a grunt of pain escaped his lips.
"It's ok." He bagan, knowing full well it wasn't. "Are you ok?" The pastor moved closer, coughing slightly on the mixture of debris in the air before coming to a rest by the girl, he placed his arm on her shoulder. "Do you know him" the priest bent to the man's side, knowing there would be nothing he could do, but hoping it would calm the woman down "what's his name? Sir, sir, can you hear me?"

SecondRevan
2012-06-30, 11:23 PM
Lee moved over to examine the man, or at least look like he was. THe man was almost certainly dead, but the last thing Lee wanted was the kid to panic. Lee had no idea what was happening, but if people panicked, mistakes would be made. The last thing he wanted was someone getting themselves killed doing something stupid and breaking something.

Benson
2012-07-01, 02:02 AM
The girl shook head and replied with a soft 'no'. The man himself appeared to not be moving nor did he answer.

Jack DeCoeur
2012-07-02, 09:19 AM
"It's ok." The priest stood himself before helping up the girl "this man says he has medical training, he'll look after him. Let's get you out of here." Eli attempted to guide the girl to an area of the tram where he could help her out, but the chaos inside the upturned street car was overwhelming. He peered around, straining to see through the dust, looking for a way to start helping people out.

Benson
2012-07-03, 09:32 PM
"It's ok." The priest stood himself before helping up the girl "this man says he has medical training, he'll look after him. Let's get you out of here." Eli attempted to guide the girl to an area of the tram where he could help her out, but the chaos inside the upturned street car was overwhelming. He peered around, straining to see through the dust, looking for a way to start helping people out.

The scared girl nodded her head silently and allowed herself to be led out of the way. It was then a ladder ramp was lowered down through one of the broken windows by possibly the rescue workers who made here finally. Many people started to crowd an shove their way toward it.

Dr. Roboto
2012-07-03, 10:53 PM
Cory found himself on the new floor of the car, blearily blinking. He managed to pull himself up onto his elbows, still groggy from hitting his head. As his focus returned, he looked around the car, and realized that there were a lot of people that needed his help. Getting up, he noticed that he was bleeding–right onto a nice new t-shirt. That didn't matter right now, though. He pulled the bloody shirt up to his nose to staunch the flow a bit, and looked around. Closest to him was a tough-looking man trying to help a man lying face-down on the glass.

Cory moved closer, wincing as the broken glass snapped under his feet. "Hey, what's going on with that guy? I think I can help." He moved in to get a closer look at the injured man.

SecondRevan
2012-07-06, 07:16 AM
Lee tried his best to use what he knew of medicine to help the guy, despite knowing it would unlikely to be effective. As the other person got off the ground and spoke, Le called out "if you can help, help. I don't know if I'm good enough."

Rolling Medicine + Intelligence to try and help the man
[roll0]

Benson
2012-07-06, 12:10 PM
While I'm not sure how you're helping him since that's a very broad and unspecific for your roll, I'll let it go this time :smalltongue:. In assessment of the man's general being, he was, oddly, still alive, just barely holding on.

It was then at that chaotic moment as people were pushing up their way to the lowered ladder, the hooded man from earlier appeared and began to attack the downed man, as if it were trying to bite him! The hooded man was making all kinds guttural noises in its attack.

Jack DeCoeur
2012-07-07, 03:18 AM
Eli was surrounded by people. He knew he should say something to try to calm their nerves, but he was having trouble calming his own. He wasn't sure if he was the first to notice the hooded man attack the prone form of the man he had just left, but he hoped he could react before panic set in, as he knew it would.

Without explicitly saying what he'd just seen he began to try to organise the evacuation effort to get people out quickly and safely.

He cleared his throat, hoping his garb would grant him some degree of authority and raised his voice.
"Everybody. Hello. Me again." his eyes darted towards where the attacker was but he put it to the back of his mind, forcing his own fear deep down inside himself "we need to evactuate quickly, but above all safely. I think we can all agree that the children should be the first to be evacuated. There are trained professionals outside ready to tend to their wounds. Next should be anyone who is injured but able to still walk. Those who can climb quickest going first." He surveyed his surroundings and starting mentally tagging people "after them should be anyone who is relatively unscathed" the lucky few, like himself and the... medics(?) who were with the downed man. "At that point, everyone who can get off, should be off. Rescue workers can then come in to tend to everyone else. If you have a wounded love one, please, I know it's hard, but I implore you, the paramedics will be able to help them a lot more easily if they are not crowded. Look after yourself and get tended too, trust me, they'll thank you for it."

The pastor offered up a prayer this wouldn't end with any more bloodshed.

Right, I'm guessing an Oratory check is called for. I'm going to assume a priests outfit will give me a bonus die, but honestly that's pure conjecture. If it doesn't, just ignore the final one rolled.
Presence + Persuasion + equipment [roll0]

Benson
2012-07-07, 02:44 PM
Several folks, actually took the time to listen to the preacher's word and abided in quieted down fear. But with a man currently attacking a man in the south end back of the cart, it was a little difficult getting everyone compliant. Especially the ones who were not near this side of the cart and really couldn't hear him over their own panic. But for the ones who did listen and bothered to trust a man of the cloth, they tried to do what he said and not bum rush the lowered ladder.

SecondRevan
2012-07-08, 04:32 AM
I was unspecific in my roll as I wasn't sure exactly what I could do.

Seeing that his patient was safe, and knowing that the last thing that was needed was a fight, Lee marched down the train to the brawl, and attempted to force the attacker off his victim. "Stop what you are doing, now"

Making brawl + Strength roll
[roll0]

SecondRevan
2012-07-08, 04:34 AM
Rerolling 10
[roll0]

Benson
2012-07-08, 01:46 PM
The hooded man is pushed back by Lee who falls on his rear and let's out a guttural grunt. He looks up at Lee and snarls, blood dripping from his mouth, a small piece of the attacked man's shoulder flesh in its mouth. The hooded man opens his mouth as if to say something but growls instead. His eyes look barely human anymore.

Jack DeCoeur
2012-07-09, 04:48 AM
Eli hated physical confrontation. He was a talker, and on the very, very rare occasions someone did try to instigate a physical altercation he could usually talk them down. This didn't look like one of those situations. He put himself, against his better judgement, with his back to the violent man, between the attacker and the crowd, attempting, perhaps in a futile act to block out some of the line of sight from the panic people to the apparent madman.

"Come on everyone, we're doing well. Just a few more people now!" He shuddered inwardly, now he knew things were going to go downhill, it was just a matter of how fast. "Do you have any more ladders up there!?"

SecondRevan
2012-07-09, 05:18 AM
Seeing that the man had turned into an almost animalistic creature, Lee realised he would have to take the person down, hopefully unconscious. He wished he could reach his gun, but knew he was too close. THerefore, once again he jumped into combat.

[rollv]4d10[/rolv]

SecondRevan
2012-07-09, 05:20 AM
[roll0]

Correct rolls

SecondRevan
2012-07-09, 05:21 AM
Rerolling 10s

[roll0]

Benson
2012-07-09, 04:24 PM
Seeing that the man had turned into an almost animalistic creature, Lee realised he would have to take the person down, hopefully unconscious. He wished he could reach his gun, but knew he was too close. Therefore, once again he jumped into combat.

The zombie odd acting man prepares to lunge at Lee but finds itself at the end of a mean punch to the face driving him to stagger backward taking two blunt damage. He lets out a grunting groan and prepares to attack, Lee has an opportunity for another attack before the odd acting man can properly act.

In the meanwhile, a rescue worker calls down to Eli as he and two others help pull the passengers climbing the ladder up and over. "We're trying to get another one down, tell everyone to clear out of the way of the window next to this one, we're gonna break through to get another ladder down." Also so not to make this area even more crowded with a second ladder just three feet away.

Jack DeCoeur
2012-07-11, 05:51 AM
"Ok everyone, you heard him. If we could all take 2 steps back from this window, turn away and cover our heads, the glass wont do us any harm!" He followed his own instructions, but kept an eye on the other passengers.

SecondRevan
2012-07-13, 05:26 AM
Lee only barely acknowledged the rescue workers, only enough to realise that the last thing he wanted to do was kill the man and get himself arrested. Instead, he used the chance he was given to try and pin the man and stop him from doing anything. With the man still conscious, Lee would have a much easier time explaining why he fought.

[roll0]

Rerolls if necessary
[roll1]

Benson
2012-07-15, 02:17 AM
The other passengers, at least those of sound body and capability began to obey orders and heed both Eli and the rescue worker. Meanwhile, Lee's attempts to pin the attacking hooded man met with failure as the hooded man hopped back out of reach and then attempted to lurch forward and bite Lee only to miss as its right arm hit one of the steel bars part of the trains interior structure.

SecondRevan
2012-07-15, 03:55 AM
Lucky to have dodged his foe, Lee attempted another attack, once again trying to pin the rabid man and stop him from his rabid attack, hoping to do so before the police tackle him and let the blasted thing rampage.

Strength + Brawl: [roll0]

Rerolls if necessary
[roll1]

Benson
2012-07-19, 04:30 AM
Lee found himself with lucky success as his brave attempt to pin down the crazy acting hooded man was well, successful. At the moment Lee Had him pinned down his hands holding down both arms and a knee against his chest. The hooded man snarled and tried to lurch his head forward to bite him, but with no success.