2012-06-21, 07:26 AM
{table]A|B|C|D|E|F
1|bed|bed|||d|
2||||||
3|w|||||
4|w|||||
5||||||
6|bed|bed||bed|bed|[/table]

This is the room in which you wake, a dull pounding in your skull and vague memories of mixing ale, wine, and devilweed last night in celebration. You don't know who is pounding on the door, or why, but they seem urgent. A thick, low voice says from the other side: "City Guard. Open the door." (You have 1 round before they break it down)

There is a window (w) and three double beds in the room. The window faces the street and is about 10-15 feet off the ground.

Space Lawyer
2012-06-21, 09:16 AM
Maxil rises from the spot on the floor where he collapsed, with his sitar grasped in one hand. He is wearing nothing more than his smallclothes. He opens the door and smiles at the guards. Good morning! How do you do?

Starting diplomacy to change attitude: [roll0]

esorscher
2012-06-21, 09:30 AM
{table]A|B|C|D|E|F
1|bed|bed|||d|
2||G||M|G|
3|w|||||
4|w|||||
5||G|||G|

The guards enter as soon as Maxil opens the door. They are surprised, taken aback even at his appearance, which allows him to speak in such an unpredictable fashion that they begin to question whether or not they have the right individuals. "What's your name?" the guard asks tersely, the other three moving to stand next to the other beds.

Successfully moved the guards from Hostile to Unfriendly, modifier applied for rush.

AugustusGloop
2012-06-21, 10:02 AM
http://img203.imageshack.us/img203/2037/talia.jpg (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=410816)
iiITalia BlueIii

Talia Blue (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=410816)
Female Neutral Evil Human Beguiler, Level 3, Init +7, HP 17/17, DR 0, Speed 30
AC 14, Touch 12, Flat-footed 11, Fort +1, Ref +3, Will +3, Base Attack Bonus 1
Rapier 0 (1d6, 18-20x2)
+1 to hit / +2 within 30' Masterwork Shortbow (40) 6 (1d6, x3)
Leather Armor (+2 Armor, +3 Dex, -1 Misc)
Abilities Str 8, Dex 16, Con 12, Int 18, Wis 12, Cha 14
Condition None
Precocious Apprentice: +2 on spellcraft checks; Choose one 2nd level spell and cast 1/day with DC 8 CL check. After 2nd lvl spells, gain one spell slot.
Conceal Spellcasting: Use Sleight of Hand to cast spells without anyone knowing. No AoO for casting in combat.
Surprise Casting: Bluff check to deny target dex bonus and gain Cloaked Casting.
Cloaked Casting: +1 to spell save DC when target denied Dex bonus.
Gloves of the Starry Sky: Light (standard action), 3/day cast sacrifice spell slot to cast magic missile at CL.
The Disguise Misc Mod includes the +10 from the spell Disguise Self.
Talia quickly arranged herself into a more attractive posture than the drunken sprawl she'd assumed in her sleep. Ignoring her pounding head, she made a show of yawning and stretching, arching her back provocatively, and then seemed to notice the guards. With a gasp, she clutched the blanket to her chest and blinked wide eyed. Godsblood, she swore, Suvet talked. I knew it would happen eventually, that big coward, but I thought he had balls enough to hold out until I could get out of the city. Figures. Elves all have tiny co-

"Darling, are these friends of yours?", Talia addressed Maxil, taking the time to run her eyes over his excellent physique as he confronted the guards. "Tell them to come back later when I'm decent." She paused a moment, a wicked smile stretching across her face, "Unless they want to come in and play?"

Having sweet talked a guard or two in her time, Talia recognizes when it's happening, although she's never been able to pull off quite the honeyed tones that the Bard is using. Bluff check to let Maxil know Talia is ready to rumble, if he wants to play it like that, but that she sees what he's up to.
[roll0]

Space Lawyer
2012-06-21, 10:14 AM
I do believe that you meant to ask who we are, as our names are infinitely mutable, and we may call ourselves one thing in one place, and something entirely different in another. Who are you searching for? I can assure you we certainly are not they. He begins to play a tune on his sitar, one designed to evoke feelings of mystery.

Continuing the diplomacy check (not rushed this time, going for the 10 round method) [roll0]

Space Lawyer
2012-06-21, 10:17 AM
Sense motive for Talia's hidden message: 1d20+3

Morbis Meh
2012-06-21, 10:21 AM
Natasha still half asleep sprawled drunkenly across the bed in a manner that seemed almost impossible, one leg dangled over the bed and the other was over her head. Raising her head in a half awake stupor she realizes that there is a man standing next to her, an armed one at that, but more importantly she realized she had no pants on and more than likely flaunting her more intimate parts to the man before her. By all that is holy what the hell did I do last night? Where are my pants and why is there some **** eyed man looking at my crotch? No way I am giving this clown a free show, I am definitly charging him!

Untwisting her stiff body, Natasha attempts to sit up then stand up, unfortunately her normally nimble legs were still asleep from their awkward positioning and thus she fell forward ontop of the guard before her. She felt cold steel dig into her flesh then it dawned upon her, she was also topless. Moaning she looks up at the man she so gracefully fell upon "Ugh good morning...? Would you be so kind to help a lady up and possibly find her clothes? Oh gods, I am going to be sick...." Natasha let of a foul belch couple with some strange gargling sound as she unceremoniously vomited the contents of her stomach all over the guard. Feeling utterly terrible she just lays there not wanting to move in a puddle of her own vomit while resting on the guards chest.

esorscher
2012-06-21, 10:23 AM
"Wait a minute," one of the other guards says, none of them even thinking Talia might be lying. "Didn't he say one of them was a bard?" The first guard Maxil convinced nods, and draws his sap. Maxil's distracting speech is less convincing than he might have hoped, and in fact indicates to the guard that the room he was directed to probably was the right room after all. "You're under arrest."

Roll Initiative

Natural 1 on Diplomacy turns them back to Hostile.

Cardea
2012-06-21, 10:48 AM
Crenshaw

Crenshaw opens his eyes, his mind coming back from prayers. Names and possibilities were his prayer, every nuance and consequence filling his thoughts. His mind went to murders and darkness and adrenaline. So many endings filled with adrenaline. Adrenaline. He kept this in mind as he asked for his powers for the day. His sleep was short, and he had woken up far before his acquaintances, their sleeping forms unmoving as he donned his armor, and sat near the window, contemplating the outcomes.

It was his duty, after all.

He heard the guards banging on the door, and he stood. As they entered, he grabbed his bow. As they spoke, he looked out the window. And when the conversation went south, he held up his hands, and pulled a Possibility out of the world: "Tamno Nacin", he said, and a path of force formed in the air before him, forming from the window frame to the second floor of a building across the street.

Pushing the window open, he turns to those in the room, and to his allies. "Move."

Casting Dark Way.
60 ft. bridge of force, 5 ft. wide, appears. It reaches from the window frame to the rooftop across the street.

Morbis Meh
2012-06-21, 10:56 AM
At the words 'Arrest them' Natasha instantly snapped of her funk and pushed herself off of the guards and cartwheeled over to her gear, grabbing it quickly she dashes out of the window almost completely naked. Adrenaline was pumping through her veins as she raced across the bridge.

Full retreat whilst picking up her belongings, if you want any kind of roll let me know and I shall oblige.

Space Lawyer
2012-06-21, 11:02 AM
Maxil realizes his mistake quickly, seeing the guard's eyes narrow. He runs towards the window, picking up his pack and belt from where they had been left near the window. Not this again. I usually have at least made it out the building before the guards are called. At least I'm running after a naked person. That much is right, I guess..

I'm assuming he left all his gear in the pack or the belt.

AugustusGloop
2012-06-21, 11:28 AM
http://img203.imageshack.us/img203/2037/talia.jpg (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=410816)
iiITalia BlueIii

Statblock:
AC 12, Touch 12, Flat-footed 9, Fort +1, Ref +3, Will +3, Base Attack Bonus 1
Rapier 0 (1d6, 18-20x2)
Leather Armor (+3 Dex, -1 Misc)
Condition None
Precocious Apprentice: +2 on spellcraft checks; Choose one 2nd level spell and cast 1/day with DC 8 CL check. After 2nd lvl spells, gain one spell slot.
Conceal Spellcasting: Use Sleight of Hand to cast spells without anyone knowing. No AoO for casting in combat.
Surprise Casting: Bluff check to deny target dex bonus and gain Cloaked Casting.
Gloves of the Starry Sky: Light (standard action), 3/day cast sacrifice spell slot to cast magic missile at CL.
Talia stood up, moved in front of the window, pausing to pull a handful of sand from her belt pouch, from where her belt hung on the bedpost. She let the sheet fall, and her naked body, silhouetted, seemed to glow softly in the morning light. Her seductive expression was gone however, and in its place was a sneer of contempt, though her eyes sparkled with the thrill of the moment. She gazed at the guards a moment, sizing them up, and then as they started for her, one hand moved in mystical passes behind her back as she whispered under her breath.

OOC:
Delaying my action until 3 or more are within a cone in front of me.
Sleight of Hand check for Conceal Spellcasting1d20+10 to cast Color Spray on as many guards as I can fit in the cone (DC 15 Save). I'm not sure how much you'll let me get away with this round, can I have grabbed my things before I cast, or was my move used to stand?

esorscher
2012-06-21, 11:48 AM
Standing with one foot on the force bridge and one on the floor, Talia's hand bursts forth with a colorful spray, catching two of the guards in full force and knocking them unconscious immediately. One sniffs, but manages to shake it off. He and the other who did not get hit at all start across the bridge toward you.

Natasha and Maxil make it across the bridge and into the room across the street. It is occupied by an old man and a very young woman, both of whom draw the bedsheets up over their naked bodies as you burst through. "What the hey!" the old man croaks, clearing his voice, but does not get up from the bed. Crenshaw, then Talia, are still on the bridge, about halfway across. The other guards are about to set foot on the bridge, chasing after you. One calls down to two more city guards who are standing outside the front door to the end, pointing at you. They draw their saps and run into the building across the street.

{table]|A|B|C|D|E|F
1||||||d
2||||||
3||||||
4||||||
5|||M|N||
6|bed|bed|w|w||[/table]

Space Lawyer
2012-06-21, 12:00 PM
Quite sorry for the intrusion! There seems to have been a bit of a misunderstanding. I assure you, there is no danger from us.. Maxil flips a silver piece towards the old man, and then winks and gives his most winning smile to the girl.

Rushed diplomacy (includes modifier): [roll0]

Cardea
2012-06-21, 12:15 PM
Crenshaw

Crenshaw moves again, his movements slowed down by his armor. He stops just a few feet from the floor of the building, before dropping to his knees and hands, panting. He looks up at Talia, shouting out the words. "Too much... ale... from last night. Got me... feelin' down. Need your... help to... cross the bridge."

With Crenshaw and Talia on the bridge, its at 387/600 or so.

Meaning that if the two guards combined weight equals or exceeds 213, the second one would fall through the bridge to the ground should he step onto it. Me and Talia should be safe no matter what from falling, as would the first guard that stepped on.

Feinting: [roll0]

Crenshaw would be hinting to Talia to stay on the bridge with him.

AugustusGloop
2012-06-21, 12:51 PM
iiITalia BlueIii

Statblock:
Rapier 0 (1d6, 18-20x2)
Condition None
Talia grinned at the fallen guards, thank the gods there are so many fools in the world, and turned to run when Crenshaw's shout made her hesitate. She looked at the window where Maxil and Natasha were dealing with some old man, and then back at the guards, estimating their chances. She spoke a few arcane words, and her hand petted her leather armor where it dangled under her arm. The hairs on her arms stood up briefly, and her hair stirred as though brushed by an unseen force. Then she turned and jogged to the grim cleric's side.

OOC:
DM: Would you roll sense motive for me? If she fails, Talia would likely stop and help Crenshaw anyway, but she'd try and hurry him across. [roll0] to identify the spell he's used and know about the weight limit. Casting Mage Armor on herself.
Edit: What is with all the 1's?

Morbis Meh
2012-06-21, 01:33 PM
Natasha bursts through the opposite window into the room with the scandelous scene before her. She smirks "Don't mind us, carry on to climax if it suits you this will be over shortly."

Once inside she drops her belongings on the ground, except for her chain she looks out to the window and shouts to the others on the bridge "Get inside I will handle these two!"

So if they get inside I will stand on the bridge and throw off the first with mighty throw... hopefully taking him out. As a side note I think the times for donning armor are ridiculous for light armor. It does not take a minute to put a shirt on dammit!

esorscher
2012-06-21, 01:37 PM
The old man frowns at the coin. "Just get the **** out of here, *******!"

Crenshaw and Talia make it just to the end of the bridge, but Crenshaw delays long enough for the second guard to step onto, and fall through, the bridge. He plummets to the ground 10 feet below and takes [roll0] falling damage, but gets up, shaking his head, and starts for the entrance of the building across the street, limping slightly. The other guard charges across the bridge and attacks Crenshaw, who is bringing up the rear, with his sap.

Sap attack (charge): [roll1], [roll2]

The sap bounces off the metal plate with a loud clang.

Space Lawyer
2012-06-21, 01:38 PM
Maxil begins playing his sitar, a rousing, jaunty tune, rising high and loud.

Inspire Courage +1. Be inspired by the mostly naked man.

Morbis Meh
2012-06-21, 01:43 PM
Natasha quickly gets into her battle stance, spreading her legs she creates a strong foundation and with a whirl of her arms she launches her chain at the guard at the window.
Alright, I am using mighty throw to throw the guard out the window :smallbiggrin:
melee touch attack [roll0]
trip attempt if touch succeeds [roll1]

Holy monkey poop batman! Also forgot to mention I was using the manuever mighty throw... so I can throw him 10ft where I want and I want him out the window and on the ground... it would be funny if he landed on the other guard :smallbiggrin:

Cardea
2012-06-21, 01:49 PM
Crenshaw

Crenshaw hears the man fall, and begins to bolt away from the guard, barely feeling the man's sap bounce off his armor. He grabs Talia as much as he can, whether by picking her up or pulling on her hand, as he runs forward. As he comes up to the room, he speaks. "We will have to deal with that man when he comes up the stairs. They will come up the stairs. If you can break them, do so, otherwise, can any of you get us to the roof? Please put the sitar away once we find a way to escape. And old man, keep quiet. Anyone could overhear you."

Some DMs allow this, some don't. Do you allow people to dismiss their own spells? I don't know if its allowed by RAW.

AugustusGloop
2012-06-21, 02:15 PM
iiITalia BlueIii

Statblock:
Rapier 0 (1d6, 18-20x2)
Condition None
Talia watched the last man fall from the bridge to land on the ground, and had an idea. Catching the others' attention, she pointed at the guards who were scrambling into the first floor entrance of the building they were in, and then pointed back across the bridge to their original room. She waited for Crenshaw to indicate he understood before carrying out her own plan.

OOC:
Don't want to get halfway across and then find out if beguilers can fly.

esorscher
2012-06-21, 02:22 PM
Natasha throws the guard bodily into the other guard below, and they both take [roll0] damage and are knocked to the ground, prone, just outside the door to the second Inn.

You can hear heavy footsteps coming up the stairs. (The guards will be at the door in 1 round. It is locked.) The old man frowns at the intrusion from Crenshaw. "Just who do you think you are? Get the hell out of here, now! GUARDS! GUARDS! THEY'RE IN HERE! GUARDS! HELP ME, GUARDS! GUARDS!"

Cardea
2012-06-21, 02:41 PM
Crenshaw

Crenshaw looks Talia, nods, and says to the room. "Back across the bridge. Back to the room. I need you all to move, fast. I'll be last to go across." He looks to the old man and the young woman. "I am someone far greater than you, old man. Now be quiet, or else I'll find you in your sleep, steal your dreams, and spread news of your affairs to all the city."

Bluff: [roll0]

Space Lawyer
2012-06-21, 02:46 PM
He truly is a frightening individual; you should be more respectful and helpful. With those parting words, Maxil sprints across the bridge.

Bluff, using Wanderer's Diplomacy : [roll0]
It functions as a rushed diplomacy w/o the penalty, except the target's attitude becomes one category after one minute of a friendly attitude.

AugustusGloop
2012-06-21, 02:52 PM
iiITalia BlueIii

Statblock:
Rapier 0 (1d6, 18-20x2)
Condition None
Talia held her finger to her lips and shushed the old man. "Quiet you fool! They'll kill you too! Barricade that door and hope they don't take the time to break it down!" Then, still naked, she turned and ran back across the bridge, rich chestnut hair streaming out behind her. Back to where it all began.

OOC:
Bluff Check: [roll0]

esorscher
2012-06-21, 03:04 PM
You all make it back across the bridge and Crenshaw dismisses it just as the guards break through the man's door. Sufficiently cowed by your lies, he points out the window but does not explain further. Seeing no bridge, the guards leave through the door and three spread out on the street in search of you. The other heads back into the Inn. Natasha stands by the door with her chain, Crenshaw by the window with his bow. It is he, then, who sees the halfling waving at your open window from behind a barrel, beckoning you downstairs, to follow him. The two guards are lying on the floor unconscious, their faces covered in rainbow paint.

{table]A|B|C|D|E|F
1|bed|bed|||d|
2|C|||N||
3|w|||||
4|w|||||
5||G(u)|||G(u)|

Cardea
2012-06-21, 03:12 PM
Crenshaw

Crenshaw takes note of the halfling. He turns to the room. "There is a halfling below who is waving at us to come to him. Do we follow?"

AugustusGloop
2012-06-21, 03:14 PM
iiITalia BlueIii

Statblock:
Rapier 0 (1d6, 18-20x2)
Condition None
When she reached their room, Talia ran inside and immediately began pulling on her leather, and then situating her belt-pouch, backpack, and stowing her weapons in their various straps, sheaths, and quiver. "Does he look trustworthy?" She asked sarcastically. "Why would he want to help us? It's probably a trick. I bet there's a reward for us."

Cardea
2012-06-21, 03:24 PM
Crenshaw

"The last halfling I knew once folded a gold piece in half, just so he could continue to keep it, rather than losing it in a card game. I am not the one who should answer that sort of question. Regardless if he wishes to betray us, he might know what is going on." Crenshaw says, putting his bow over his shoulder. He signals to the halfling to wait. He walks over to the guards, going through pockets and belongings. "These two might know as well, but I am hesitant to awaken them."

esorscher
2012-06-21, 03:29 PM
On the two guards you find:

2x studded leather armor
2x guard's tunics
2x light mace
2x daggers
13x gold piece
2x slip of paper

The slip of paper reads: "Maxil Destien - male, human, bard. Talia Blue. female, human. Natasha Soren - female, human, fighter. Crenshaw Sinth, male, human, cleric." Both are identical and torn from the same scroll.

AugustusGloop
2012-06-21, 03:32 PM
iiITalia BlueIii

Statblock:
Rapier 0 (1d6, 18-20x2)
Condition None
"You make an excellent point," Talia admitted grudgingly, "and at the very least, he knows something. If he's fool enough to get involved just to help out, we can use that too." He's not an idiot, at least. I'll have to watch him closely. Not too bad looking either. "Alright, assuming it doesn't get us killed out of hand, let's go find a place to ask him a few pointed questions. I can't help but think this has something to do with the last job, and not the Ca-", she cut herself off midword. "Not what I thought."

With her things finally stowed in their proper places, Talia made her way to the door and pressed her ear to the wood, holding her finger to her lips for quiet.

Suddenly, she jerked her head from the door, and held up one finger for the others to see, pointing at the door with her other hand. She dove for the bed and wriggled under it, disappearing from view.

OOC:
Hide Check: 1d20+8 Can the rest of you make yourselves scarce?

esorscher
2012-06-21, 03:35 PM
Talia can hear the guard down the hall, making no effort to hide his approach in his heavy boots. You have one round before he tries the door, which is locked (now). It will take him another round (at least) to break it down.

AugustusGloop
2012-06-21, 03:41 PM
Hide Check [roll0]

Cardea
2012-06-21, 03:44 PM
Crenshaw

Crenshaw takes the notes, the gold and the tunics. Dragging the bodies, he puts them so their heads are in way of the door, so anyone opening the door would have to apply force to move them out of the way. "They do not know what your profession is, Talia. Make note of this." He says, as he walks to the window frame. "I doubt they will have stopped chasing us. I also doubt they will wish to drop out of a window." He finishes, as he puts both feet out of the window, and falls.

So, if I can make a DC 15 Tumble Check, I can ignore the first ten feet of this drop.

Tumble: [roll0]

Space Lawyer
2012-06-21, 04:37 PM
On the halfling: I am actually incline to go and see what he wants. We already mistrust him, so we expect his betrayal, and thus will be prepared to deal with him if and when the need arises.

Upon Crenshaw leaping out the window: He quickly dons his armor and gear. So that is how it is going to be. No sense being stuck here.Oh, and Talia? Your foot is sticking out from underneath the bed. We can see you.. He leaps out the window, and casts disguise self on landing.

Tumble check to avoid falling damage: [roll0]

Morbis Meh
2012-06-21, 06:05 PM
Natasha smug with making the guards fall on one another she races back across the bridge, this time putting her armour on. Tasha shakes her head at Talia's rather sad attempt at hiding but doesn't delay since the halfling already pointed it out. She casually jumps out of the window with her gear.

Geez guys lol you went crazy with posts while I was working... anyways tumble: [roll0]
oh for crying out loud!

esorscher
2012-06-21, 06:54 PM
Talia sees you all leave and joins. Once you reach the ground, you find the halfling. "This way," You follow him down beneath the city streets down dark hallways intersecting with other dark hallways, him leading you in a circuitous route to ensure you are good and lost before bringing you to your destination. He moves quickly despite his short stature, too quickly for you to catch him if you wanted to stop him and ask him where he was taking you, what he knew, or really anything of the sort. You only just manage to see him turning around the next corners, and follow him knowing that if you lost sight of him, it would take you days, weeks maybe to find your way back out.

He finally stops so shortly that you almost run over him, but you manage to catch yourself against the grimy walls of the hallway. “Through here,” he says to you gruffly, gesturing with a thumb toward the door, then turns and scurries away before you can say anything else.

Through the door you find a man seated on a simple wooden chair behind an equally plain wooden desk. He stands at your entrance, and gestures to the simple wooden bench in front of the desk. You don't recognize him, but he knows you by name. “Natasha, Talia, Maxil, Crenshaw” he says. “I want my sword back.”

It is Black Arryn, from whom you took the sword for Lord Willard.

(225 XP awarded to each of you for the opening escape)

Space Lawyer
2012-06-21, 07:09 PM
I'm not sure what sword you are talking about. We did in fact take a sword, but as to who it belonged to, we have no idea. We gave the sword we were paid to take to a certain Lord Willard, but that in no way indicates he owns it anymore than you did. Now, if you want us to take that sword from Lord Willard, and give it back to you, that could be arranged. We would, however, require substantial compensation. Lord Wilard is now doubt expecting someone to come take the sword from him, and we have already had one encounter with the city guard today. Many of my companions and I were sleeping peacefully, naked and drunk, and were rudely awakened this morning, and have been led deep into this...place.

esorscher
2012-06-21, 07:12 PM
"I suppose the matter of clearing your legal records of this blemish would suffice for reward," Black Arryn says, "Or is there something more you think I should give to the thieves who stole from me?"

Morbis Meh
2012-06-21, 07:44 PM
Natasha smirks at Maxils proposal then frowns at the accusation "Listen bub, a warrior than cannot protect his blade is a warrior that doesn't deserve it. As for stealing it we were told you stole it so by our knowledge we were acting as the reposessors of the item thus making you the thief so spare as the crap about the law."

esorscher
2012-06-21, 07:54 PM
"Do you think I care about the law?" Black Arryn says. "The law exists only to the extent it can be enforced. The sword was in my possession, you took it. That makes you a thief, in my eyes and in the eyes of the court. If you want that situation altered, if you want to walk on the surface of this city again, you can make it so quite simply by rectifying the mistake you made. If not, I bid you farewell. Good luck finding the surface." You try and remember how you got to this chamber, and how you would get back to the surface, and realize you have no clue. "However, if you get my sword back for me, I will withdraw my complaint against you with the City Guard and you will be unwanted men and women once more. Amos will take you back up to the surface and back to me once you have my sword. And who knows? If at the end of all this, you want to work for me, I'm sure I can find more work for you. Paying work." He smiles wryly.

AugustusGloop
2012-06-21, 08:02 PM
iiITalia BlueIii

Statblock:
Rapier 0 (1d6, 18-20x2)
Condition None
"Sure." Talia looked like butter wouldn't melt in her mouth. "We'll get your sword. Meanwhile you call off the watch, and get off our backs. We had a week to take it, we'll need two to get it back."

She smiled, a slow, lazy smile. "Are you sure you want that stupid thing back? Wouldn't you rather get something better? I imagine someone must have something you want more. Think hard. Isn't there something you'd rather be doing?"

OOC:
Bluff Check: [roll0]

Space Lawyer
2012-06-21, 08:03 PM
"Very well. We can commit another theft. However, the value of the sword has appeared to rise in value. As Lord Willard claims that the sword was his family's ancestral weapon, he can no doubt provide cover for us in any legal case, saying that we only worked to retrieve his stolen property. By the time the true ownership of the sword is ascertained, we will have disappeared, and the City Guard and Lord Willard's own men will have taken a much greater interest in you and all you do. So, if you want the sword back, we will need not only for you to inform the City Guard that you were mistaken, but proper payment, gear to make the job happen, and a few hirelings."

esorscher
2012-06-21, 08:20 PM
"You assume to much, Maxil." Black Arryn says. "You assume that Lord Willard told you the truth. He did not. You assume that Lord Willard will protect you. He will not. He has no need of you, now that he has the sword. I, on the other hand, do. I want the sword, and I want you to get it for me. You offer me the opportunity of employees I don't need to pay in gold. If that opportunity changes, you cease being of use to me as well. I can find others who will do the job, with more loss of life perhaps but at much less cost." he shrugs. "It seems to me there is a mutually beneficial opportunity here. If you don't scratch mine, I have no reason to scratch yours. That said," he turns to Talia. "I will not call of the Guard until you bring the sword to me. Otherwise, you'd have no incentive to bring the sword to me." he smiled. "I'm not a fool."

Cardea
2012-06-21, 08:26 PM
Crenshaw

Crenshaw said nothing as his acquaintances put their hand to talking to this man. After Maxil finishes, Crenshaw speaks. "If the sword is yours, it isn't much for you to answer two questions. Can you prove it is indeed yours, and what is your connection to Willard, to make him hire us to take it from you?"

Space Lawyer
2012-06-21, 08:27 PM
Maxil sighs Fine. I will agree to retrieve the sword, and it seems Talia will as well. In return, you will call the guard off, and agree to fence any items we decide to liberate at the same time, with 70% of the selling price coming back to us. Do we have a deal?

esorscher
2012-06-21, 08:45 PM
"Sure. Bring the sword to me, and I will prove to you it is mine. If you are not satisfied, you may keep the sword, and do with it what you wish." he says confidently. "As for Willard, he and I have crossed paths before, but I doubt he has any personal interest in me. I suspect his interest is in the sword. It as certain unique properties, that only function for the owner." He turns to Maxil. "Your terms are agreeable."

Morbis Meh
2012-06-21, 09:44 PM
Letting out a massive sigh Tasha gives a leveled glance at the man "Great now that everything is hunky dory, can you get us something to eat?"

esorscher
2012-06-21, 09:51 PM
Black Arryn laughs again. He reaches into the drawer of his desk and removes a handful of trail bars, and tosses all four of them to/ at Natasha. "Sorry, that's all I've got. As there's nothing else..." Amos opens the door and leads you back to the surface world.

You emerge in the basement of a perfumery, and are immediately assaulted by a barrage of scents and smells. "I'll be here," The perfumery is on High Street; Lord Willard's mansion is up the street.

Space Lawyer
2012-06-22, 07:53 AM
Maxil shrugs, and begins to walk out of the basement. I suppose we have little choice in this matter. We should begin observing Lord Willard's manor. We need to figure out if he still has the sword, where it is, and how we are going to get it. A few street urchins would be helpful in this task. We also need to find new lodgings. The Guard will no doubt be looking for us at our former inn. On the way out, he grabs a bottle of particularly pleasantly scented cologne. It smells like summer.

esorscher
2012-06-22, 08:02 AM
As you walk out onto the High Street you realize that it is markedly different from the Low Quarter in which you began the day. While the streets of the Low Quarter were narrow and crowded with poor, dirty masses, the High Street is maybe 100' across, and most of its traffic is cart and wagon rather than foot. The few hotels that are erected here are well outside your price range. You decide that your search for cheap lodgings and cheap labor would be better begun elsewhere, and head back down into the Low Quarter.

It seems the quarter has forgotten the morning's excitement. City Guard don't usually come to the Low Quarter unless they are looking for someone, or off duty. You don't see any walking the streets looking for you, and figure they gave up the search. Three inns catch your eye as likely places to find hirelings available: The 7 Sisters, the Mincing Gorilla, and the Sleeping Dragon.

Morbis Meh
2012-06-22, 09:04 AM
Looking about high street was perplexing to say the least, Natasha has never been is such a lavish area and was beginning to feel slightly self concious of her appearance. Putting it away from her mind she lowers her head and continues walkin, albeit at an accelerated pace through the streets. A mixed sense of relief and despair hit her when she reached the Low quarters, what would her master think of her now that she was a 'thief'. Guilt flooded through her and she began craving a drink.... Resisting the urge she focuses on their next step, a place to stay. Looking up she mulls over the choices before her "I think the Mincing Gorilla sounds rather charming... I don't know about you but I think we should case the manor at night, easier to sneak around in."

Cardea
2012-06-22, 09:12 AM
Crenshaw

"We have already been there once. Main rooms should not hold a surprise for us. We do not, however, know where side passages and escape routes are." Crenshaw says in hushed tones, stepping just behind the group, arms folded, head down. "I would prefer not to hire anyone. If we do, however, I would say we do the following: in three days, we go. The first we spend figuring out pathways and hiding spots. The second, we hire others to find these side passages; pay them for survey work, and they can keep most things they steal. We do these, however, disguised, so if they are caught, they will not find who we were disguised as. Third, we go ourselves."

Space Lawyer
2012-06-22, 09:32 AM
I agree with you, Crenshaw, in all except the hirelings stealing anything. We cannot afford to alert Willard. Besides, then there will be less for us. Now, to the Mincing Gorilla!

esorscher
2012-06-22, 09:39 AM
The Mincing Gorilla is a tavern like any other. The hour is early afternoon and so it is a quiet time between the lunch crowd and evening crowd. There are a few day drinkers sitting at the bar, and when you enter, a giant of a man, maybe seven and a half feet, thunders toward you. His arms are as thick as his neck, and each as thick as the pillars that support the second floor above. His entire body is covered in thick, black hair, and he has a snub nose between two dark, inset eyes, all above a brutish, protruding jaw. "Oh helLO!" he says, placing both hands on his hips as he stands before Maxil, shifting his weight to his back foot as he appraises the bard approvingly. "What can I get you, boys and girls," he says, his left hand flopping lazily onto Maxil's shoulder. He seems gregarious and good natured, and gestures with his right hand to a table for four in the corner near the bar.

Morbis Meh
2012-06-22, 09:39 AM
Natasha nods "I agree, let us discuss this sensitive matter in a more private locale, we don't know who is listening here out on the streets."

Space Lawyer
2012-06-22, 09:57 AM
And hello to you, good sir. That table will do quite well. Oh my, what a large hand you have! And such a powerful body. Who might you be? Tell me about yourself.

esorscher
2012-06-22, 09:59 AM
He laughs, a high-pitched, girlish squeal. "Oh, you. Ale or wine?"

Morbis Meh
2012-06-22, 10:32 AM
Natasha raises an eyebrow at the odd, flamboyant gorilla of a man "Neither sir, we are looking for a room... and possibly a bath if it cane be arranged.

esorscher
2012-06-22, 10:34 AM
"Ah," he says, smiling. "5 gold."

Space Lawyer
2012-06-22, 10:40 AM
Oh, yes, those would actually do much better at the moment. A bath certainly. My rather attractive companions and I are quit dirty from the morning we have had. Also, we are here on a rather private matter. If you would be so kind as to refrain from shouting our presence about, that would be so kind. Maxil presses a gold piece into the man's hand.

Diplomacy, for the innkeeper, unmodified by the gold, unrushed (I'll keep talking to him if necessary): [roll0]

When the man says 5 gold for the room and bath, he pays his portion of that as well.

esorscher
2012-06-22, 10:48 AM
His smile widens. "Your secrets are safe with me," he winks. After you pay the 5 gold, he leads you back behind the bar, wiggling with every slinking step, to a room with two queen beds and a single brass tub against the far wall. "Hot water through those pipes," he says, pointing to the knobs and faucets on the wall. "Anyone comes looking for a bard, I'll send them elsewhere. Maybe later you can finger that sitar for me." He grins as he departs.

{table]|A|B|C|D|E|F
1|bed|bed|d|d|bed|bed
2|||||
3|||||
4|||||
5|||||
6|||tub|tub||[/table]

Space Lawyer
2012-06-22, 07:06 PM
Maxil runs towards the bath, dropping his clothing and gear in a trail along the way. He dives in, turning on the hot water. When it is full, he poke his head above the water, glistening. Where is the soap?

Cardea
2012-06-22, 10:15 PM
Crenshaw

"Typically, you either carry your own, regardless of where you are. You do not know where soap has been, if you do not carry your own. I carve mine into small ducks." Crenshaw says, reaching into a bag, and pulling out a small, white, clay-like duck. He tosses it into the bathtub. As he speaks, he begins taking off his armor, his motions slow and steady. Straps, sections, buckles. "As well, you stay clothed in front of women, regardless of what happens in mornings."

"As I was saying, three nights. I personally do not care for tiny baubles and trinkets, only the end result of things. If you do not wish to send... scouts, I should say instead, ahead of us, that is fine. But that means we go in with half the knowledge we should have.

"If we wish to go tonight, that is fine as well, in which case I must rest undisturbed. We should all have plenty of gear from stealing the sword in the first place to do so again, should we not? In which case, we need not spend any more of our coin on supplies. Regardless of all this," Crenshaw pauses his words, as he slides his bed in front of the door. "I do not feel safe in this Inn, with a bounty on our heads."

AugustusGloop
2012-06-25, 10:36 AM
iiITalia BlueIii

Statblock:
Rapier 0 (1d6, 18-20x2)
Leather Armor, 3 hours Mage Armor (+3 Dex, -1 Misc)
Condition None
Talia grinned at the Cleric's views on co-ed nudity, and deliberately began stripping her leathers off her body as slowly as possible, meeting his gaze for as long as possible. When she slid into a steaming hot tub, soapy water coming up to the bottom of her chin, all insolent seductiveness abandoned her for the sheer pleasure of stress knotted muscles relaxing, and the dirt and sweat floating away. Eventually she felt human enough to join the conversation again.

"Seems like we have a couple options. We could leave town, although that's no fun, and I hate moving on before I'm ready. We could do as Arry-poo wants and get him the sword, but I hate the idea of him thinking he can tell me what to do. We could tell Lord Willy that Black Arryn has it out for him and see if we can get the two to kill each other." She smiled happily at the thought, "Or we could find out what's so damned special about the sword, and sell it to someone else and be rich!"

She let out a soft groan as she stretched and kneaded her neck, trying to work out a few more stubborn kinks. "Would one of you lovelies scrub my back? I would be ever so grateful." She held out a wash rag, with a hopeful expression in her lovely eyes. "I do like the idea of moving Inns, but not tonight. I need my beauty sleep. I don't like the idea of hiring others to case Willy's place. They'll only screw it up and make our job harder. If we decide to get the sword, he should get no warning."

OOC:
What does Talia remember about the sword? Anything that would have led her to suspect it was so valuable to these men?

Morbis Meh
2012-06-25, 11:17 AM
Natasha shakes her head at Talia's flaunting, she just didn't understand the need of some people playing with others but then again those that were sensitive to certain subjects were enjoyable to watch... Unlike Talia, Tasha is not graceful or seductive in her means, she literally throws off her armor and clothing into a pile on the floor as quickly as she can then flops into the tub. Her muscles weren't sore or anything she just smelled really bad, something she quickly learned to hate while studying at the dojo. She rolls her eyes at the minx's pleading and gives a shark's grin "Sure i'd scrub your back but I would have to ask for a scrubbing pad from the kitchen to clean ya properly, also a bar of heavily lyed soap the stuff that burns. None of this scented nonsense that doesn't clean worth spit. Inn hoping is a good idea to an extent but always being on the move leaves us in the open. It would be better to have a base of operations within the city, or several, that were not inns. That way people wouldn't see us coming or going, as for starting a war between them two... could work or it could backfire on us and lad us smack dab in the middle. Manipulating people was never my strong suit so I will leave that to you talkative folks. As for selling the sword we would need to find a person to properly appraise it and before we have possession because once we have it we will have two factions looking for us to reclaim it." She began scrubbing herself furiously trying to get done quickly so she could move on to other matters. A foul smelling bubble rises and pops from the water and with a grunt Natasha says "Scuse me."

Space Lawyer
2012-06-25, 12:47 PM
Maxil moves over to scrub Talia's back. Yes, a place to call our own would be helpful in this and any future endeavors, but I personally do not have the coin to make such a purchase right now, and I would be shocked to find if any of you did. If we feel that hiring patsies would be too risky, I'm sure we can accomplish our scouting needs ourselves, and disguise ourselves through magical and mundane means. I'd not favor keeping the sword. Far too risky. As for getting these two insolent ingrates who think to fool us and order us around to eliminate each other, it also carries great risk, but of a variety I much enjoy. If selling every valuable of Willard's household through Arryn, and letting everyone know who ordered the theft, if not the actual perpetrators, does not bring a confrontation out, I'm sure we can work harder to cause one.

Morbis Meh
2012-06-25, 12:57 PM
Natsha nods at the little man's words, they coincide with her opinion rather well. she let out a throaty laugh "Who said anything about buying a piece of property? We're in the poor quarters there are literally scores of empty and condemned buildings. We just just need to find one suitable and protect it from any potential squatters. I think I can handle scouting, no need to drag anyone else into the mix, I don't like adding people who I don't know into plans, too many variables not accounted for and too much potential for errors."

AugustusGloop
2012-06-25, 01:04 PM
iiITalia BlueIii

Statblock:
Rapier 0 (1d6, 18-20x2)
Condition None
"Oh Tasha. I'd be mad at you if you weren't so adorable with your little spiky chain. I'm certain it isn't true what the men say about you." Talia wrinkled her nose at the bubbles that rose from the bathwater. "No amount of scented soap can help that."

"If you want to live on the street, or have some shack to stay in, that's fine. I don't have a home here, or I wouldn't be wasting my gold on inns. Besides, one night here isn't going to land us in jail. Did you see how worthless the watchmen are? I'd have to spend the night in their barracks for them to hope to find me." Her eyes gleamed at the thought. "And even if they do, I won't have any more trouble strolling out of here and losing them than we did this morning. I'll take my bath and my rest in a relatively clean and comfortable place, thank you. We can decide what to do tomorrow."

OOC:
Spontaneous casters don't need the 8 hours/memorization time, do they need a certain amount of sleep, or is it just a time of day that their spells refresh?

esorscher
2012-06-25, 02:11 PM
After you bathe, you wait until nightfall to head back up to the High Street and Lord Willard's mansion. You find a good vantage point from which you can watch the front door. The mansion (http://blindgossip.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/02/mansion-1.jpg) doesn't seem to have any guards posted, but then again, you can't see any guards in front of any of the other mansions or homes on the street. Whatever defenses he has, they are likely inside the mansion. You see the front door, and above it, a balcony with two doors on either side of it leading into the house, as possible ways into the house.

AugustusGloop
2012-06-25, 02:53 PM
iiITalia BlueIii

Statblock:
Rapier 0 (1d6, 18-20x2)
Condition None
Talia surveyed the manse with an experienced eye, searching for obvious weak points to the burglar's arts. She hadn't performed many break-ins in her time, but knew well enough how they went. She searched for lights, still and moving within the windows, and the telltale flutter of curtains in the wind that might indicate an entry through a window left open. She inspected trees and shrubs for access to balconies or the roof. She watched for anyone coming and going, and tried to discern who or what they might be.

"Well, what do you think? Should we check out the back, or wait to see who comes and goes?"

Morbis Meh
2012-06-26, 08:22 AM
Tasha surveys the targeted locale with a little more caution and less arogance than her female counterpart. This part of town made her feel foreign and uwanted, which was the intended impression she figured. She shaked her head at Talia's question Amateur... before whispering "We move around back of course, anyone stupid to stand out front gawking is going to get caught... lets get to the back before someone sees us." She doesn't even bother waiting for the others but moves around back as sliently as she can while listening for any type of threat.

hide [roll0]
move silently [roll1]
listen [roll2]
spot [roll3]

Space Lawyer
2012-06-26, 10:07 AM
Maxil first casts disguise self, adopting the form of a short, pudgy man, with narrow-set eyes and a piggish nose, but dressed in clothes that, while of drab and unremarkable coloration, are voluminous, richly patterned, and of fine materials, trying to project the image a merchant lord walking about the quarter at night. He then casts detect magic, and walks around the mansion, trying to observe every detail for the three-round duration, attempting to determine the presence and strength of any magical defenses (or, even better, a bit of magical loot).

AugustusGloop
2012-06-26, 11:30 AM
iiITalia BlueIii

Statblock:
Rapier 0 (1d6, 18-20x2)
Condition None
Scowling, Talia rose to follow the other woman, keeping low and trusting in her black armor and the night's darkness to keep her hidden. She wished they had spent the night recovering; she was missing some of her spells, and their absence sapped her confidence.

OOC:
Hide:[roll0]
Move Silently[roll1]
Listen:[roll2]
Spot:[roll3]

esorscher
2012-06-26, 05:59 PM
The only trees you see are decorative and do not lead to the balcony. You could try and scale the walls, though, if you had tools. You don't detect any magic on the house or on anything outside of the house. No one is alerted to your presence while you are sneaking about. It is a chilly, windy night, and the windows are all closed. There are torches lit within the house, but from what you can tell, only in the chamber immediately beyond the front door.

AugustusGloop
2012-06-27, 08:45 AM
iiITalia BlueIii

Statblock:
Rapier 0 (1d6, 18-20x2)
Condition None
Where are the guards? Lord Willy must think a lot of himself if he thinks he doesn't need anyone to watch his place. Perhaps he is too stingy. A hundred gold for theft of a powerful weapon? What was I thinking? I should have asked for a thousand.

Talia crept behind the inside of the stone rail that surrounded the structure, hidden from the street, and staying with the shadows. One by one she tried the windows, first peering through to see what she could see, and then trying to ease them open a crack.

I don't even know what we're doing. We should have killed that buffoon. Imagine, demanding we return his sword for free. It's not like I couldn't evade or charm any guardsmen who came along. Damn him. He's just like a noble.

esorscher
2012-06-27, 09:26 AM
Talia is able to open any window she likes. Doing so (quietly) does not alert anyone to your presence.

Morbis Meh
2012-06-28, 08:51 AM
Natasha notices the slender woman open a window and holds her breath I hope this one knows what shes doing... to be honest Tasha didn't even know what she was doing she was a martial artist not a burglar. It was funny... here she was trying to redeem herself and yet she was failing miserably at it. At the very least she was clearing her name so she could move foward but it was doubtful. She had a feeling the watch would still be on their tails no matter what they did.

AugustusGloop
2012-06-28, 09:55 AM
iiITalia BlueIii

Statblock:
Rapier 0 (1d6, 18-20x2)
Condition None
When the second window she tried turned out to be unlocked, just like the first, Talia frowned to herself and backed away. She retreated to the shadows near the wall, and beckoned the others away. Silently, using gestures, she indicated that she wanted to leave, and made her way back to the inn.

Let me know if you want hide/move checks, or if anything happens on the way back.

Space Lawyer
2012-06-28, 10:05 AM
Seeing nothing more to be done, Maxil also goes back to the inn.

esorscher
2012-06-28, 10:07 AM
You make it back to the Inn with no difficulty. There are more patrons now, and the barkeep nods at your entrance with a smile. No one bothers you on your way back to your room to discuss what you have learned.

Morbis Meh
2012-06-28, 11:09 AM
Natasha enters the room and flops down on a bed a part of her wishes they would have gone farther but another thought it was too easy... a trap? Looking to the others she frowns "So who else other than myself thought was too easy? I know the upper crust can be thick but no one is that thick to have zero security measures and leaving entry points unlocked? I almost think this is a set up and we're being played like a fiddle."

AugustusGloop
2012-06-28, 11:44 AM
iiITalia BlueIii

Statblock:
Rapier 0 (1d6, 18-20x2)
Condition None
Talia gave the other woman a heavy dose of The Eye, angry that she had said it first, and now Talia had to agree with her. "Obviously it's a trap," she said, arching one manicured eyebrow. "The questions are why, and what kind. Maybe Arry has already killed Lord Willy, and everyone in there, and is just waiting for some poor bastards to stroll in so the guard can nab them." She scowled, and flopped back onto her bed. "I refuse, REFUSE to take the fall for that conceited, smug, arrogant, know nothing... scoundrel! He is pretty attractive though," she added reflectively, after a moment's thought.

"I think we should spend tomorrow asking around and finding out everything we can about Arryn and Willard, and maybe finding some patsies to spring the trap. We can follow them in and take the spoils, just like the bigger brother on All Hallow's Eve."

Space Lawyer
2012-06-28, 12:31 PM
It is most definitely a trap. Anyone rich and powerful enough to call themselves a lord would certainly have some degree of magical defenses, or at least lock their windows. Tomorrow, we go to the market, ask around about these two, and try and figure out what sort of game they are playing. I like the idea of throwing a dupe into the trap, then coming in to clean up afterwards. We need to find someone unconnected to Black Arryn's organization, so as not to let our Criminal Mastermind know we have our suspicions. What do we already know about those strutting fools? I wonder if any of them hold some pretty young thing in confidence, one who might be open to my favorite form of persuasion...

Knowledge: Local [roll0]
Knowledge: Nobility [roll1]

esorscher
2012-06-28, 12:39 PM
cgrela:
You know that Lord Willard comes from the long and powerful Willard house that has been on the wane. You know his first name is Mith, and he has no living siblings. You know that he keeps a small household, run by his butler. He seldom goes anywhere without his longtime bodyguard. He has two daughters, age 12 and 7.

You also know rumors of his connections to the Undercity are not exaggerated. He has had dealings with a number of parties and powers there in the hopes of advancing his house through underhanded means.

Morbis Meh
2012-06-28, 12:59 PM
Natasha sighs... she hated dealing with crowds and they most certainl didn't enjoy her, she would be a hinderance in the market, she was a warrior not a diplomat. She could skulk around better than most but ask her to talk and she would freeze up. "Do what you wish... I will look for a more permanent place of residence for us, you two can talk all you want, I on the otherhand prefer more physical means.

Space Lawyer
2012-06-28, 01:15 PM
OOC: Anyone is free to read my previous spoiler for the knowledge roll.

That makes a good deal of sense. We will need a place with multiple exits, and preferably many locations to hide our goods. A connection to the Undercity will be necessary. Let us stay in the cheaper areas of the city; better to attract less attention to ourselves. I will go and see what I can find out in the common room.

Disguise (just enough so that a passing guard wouldn't recognize me, or a description from the patrons wouldn't match me): [roll0]
Gather Information (on Willard, Arryn, the sword, the city, criminal gangs, etc.): [roll1]
Perform (playing something nice on the sitar): [roll2]

esorscher
2012-06-28, 02:08 PM
Wearing a false beard, nose and mustache, Maxil moves about the room, playing his tune and buttering up the patrons slightly before asking them about the city and their lives. A few give him some silver, and some give him information of the type he is looking for.

You find no new information on Willard.
You find no new information on Black Arryn.
You find no new information on the sword.
You find out the following information about the city: The Low Quarter has three major divisions. The western part of the Quarter is tenements, inn, and the marketplace. The central part of the Quarter is small businesses, small offices, and factories. The eastern part of the Quarter is slums and factories.
You find no new information on gangs.

AugustusGloop
2012-06-28, 02:40 PM
iiITalia BlueIii

Statblock:
Rapier 0 (1d6, 18-20x2)
Condition None
Talia likewise disguised herself as a pretty blonde, using a touch of makeup and a ton of magic, and hung on Maxil's arm as he asked questions, pursuing her own inquiries.
Disguise: [roll0]
Knowledge Local: Arryn, the sword, criminal gangs [roll1]
Gather Information: [roll2]
She even goes so far as to charm someone who seems knowledgeable, and pumps them for information.
Sleight of Hand [roll3]

esorscher
2012-06-28, 03:04 PM
The halfling who put a handful of silver in her hand for the sitar playing is mentions a close relationship with the bartender, and Talia decides to charm him. Her charm goes unnoticed. The casting, at least--the effect is quite evident. "Amos the Quick," he says. "My brother and I own this building, and a dozen others throughout this city and the other." he winks. "What is it you're looking for?"

From what you know of the Undercity, the only way to own a space is if you have the muscle to enforce your terms. "We do," Amos explains. "The Quickfeet Boys." The Quickfeet Boys are a gang of halflings that act as primarily as Amos's enforcers, but are also soldiers and sneaks for hire. He has no one to spare at the moment.

Morbis Meh
2012-06-28, 03:45 PM
Tasha doesn't even bother to go to the lengths as the others she merely steps out into the bar, surveys the room for interesting looking groups then finds an open spot around them. When asked by a barmaid she will order tea and a meal then quietly listen to any stray bits of interesting conversation.

Spot check first [roll0]
listen check [roll1]

esorscher
2012-06-28, 04:11 PM
Tasha finds a spot near a group of three young looking individuals, two men and a woman. The two men are bragging about their last adventure, where they claim to have broken into a vault and escaped without the guards ever knowing.

Space Lawyer
2012-06-30, 03:15 PM
Well, it seems that no one here will be of much help to us. I suppose we should simply do what we need to do, then retreat into the Undercity for a while.

esorscher
2012-06-30, 04:29 PM
"That's not entirely accurate," Talia says to Maxil. "Meet Amos." She relates his introduction to Maxil.

Space Lawyer
2012-07-02, 06:19 AM
Well, if the man has no one to spare at the moment, then I suppose that he is not really an option assisting in our current task. We shall have to look for others, if we decide not to simply do the deed ourselves. What is Tahsa up to over there?

esorscher
2012-07-02, 08:52 AM
(No one in his own gang does not mean he can't find someone)

Space Lawyer
2012-07-02, 10:31 AM
"Well, Mr. Amos, we are currently looking for a place to call our own. Nothing special, just a place were we can rest our weary heads after a day of heroics. We are also looking for some associates to help us in a bit of business we have. You wouldn't happen to know of anyone with a talent for either going where they might not be wanted, or any fool who may need to spend a few nights in the guards' company? My name is Ferdinand, by the way."

Diplomacy, non-rushed [roll0]
Still wearing the disguise.

Space Lawyer
2012-07-03, 11:20 AM
Just so the notification shows up.

esorscher
2012-07-03, 11:22 AM
"I can get you both," Amos says. "How much are you willing to spend on each?"

Space Lawyer
2012-07-03, 11:27 AM
Not much for the fool, given that he or she is to be a fool. A fool that is paid well is not a fool at all, in fact. If you had someone that was not a fool, but was instead willing to play the same role as a fool, they could be paid a bit more. As for a person with a skill for skullduggery, we may not even need them at all, so they would be paid entirely based upon their overall value to our enterprise, after the fact.

esorscher
2012-07-03, 11:40 AM
"If you're looking for a dupe, I'd suggest you ask around in the taverns. Recruit a fresh-faced adventurer from out of town, maybe a few, and send them. Follow them. If they succeed, pay them--or don't, up to you."

"As for housing, I've got a few different places here in Thronehold. The cheapest starts at 1000 gp/ month. Others in the Undercity, cheaper."

Morbis Meh
2012-07-03, 11:43 AM
Tasha finishes her tea and gets up casually. She walk over to the chattering halfling and leans over to whisper in his ear "Found a couple mooks we could use as pawns if we still need them, the gun ho, bragging type you know the ones you can trap when they're puffing themselves up around a woman. They're over there if you decide to engage in a bit of sport."

Space Lawyer
2012-07-03, 12:03 PM
Looking over to the table with two men Tasha may have found the perfect individuals for this particular scheme. Talia, come with me.

Going over to the table and talking to the two men.
If they seem to be good, heroic types:
Did I hear you right? You managed to get in and they ner suspected? Well, that is just wonderful, wonderful! You see, there is a lord, a cruel man, who has stolen from my sister and I here. He took our family's ancestral sword. It is really all we have. If you could get this sword back from Lord Willard, we would be ever so grateful. We can't pay you much, but I'm told Lord Willard has many valuable articles just littering his house; I'm sure you could take some of those and sell them in compensation for your undoubtedly stupendous work.

Bluff: [roll0]
I really can't wait until I have glibness.

esorscher
2012-07-03, 12:14 PM
(cgrela I'm pretty sure Maxil speaks in red and Tasha speaks in purple)

Amos nods at your departure, certain that you'll be back to negotiate a more permanent residence. The woman the two men were talking to takes your arrival as an opportunity to escape their feeble mating attempt.

"Aye, that's right," one of the men says. He doesn't look particularly good, but after he looks over Talia he certainly seems motivated. "I'd be happy to set something right for a pretty lass," he says. "This is my brother, Mosby. I'm Joe." He shakes both your hands. "What're your names?"

Space Lawyer
2012-07-03, 12:21 PM
I am Ferdinand, and this is Isabella. We are so glad that you are willing to help us.

OOC:

Sorry about the color thing, all of my characters speak in dark red or indigo, and I get them mixed up sometimes.

esorscher
2012-07-03, 12:24 PM
"We didn't say that, yet." Mosby says. Joe looks at him sharply before saying to you, "My brother is more mercenary than I, but he raises a good point. Payment--promises of valuables that we'd have to fence is not much in that regard."

Space Lawyer
2012-07-03, 03:03 PM
It is all we can afford right now. I'm sure we could come up with something later. You see, that sword truly is an heirloom of our house, and without it, our luck just hasn't been the same. Our crops have wilted, our wells have dried up, and those that we have called friends have abandoned us. It does seem to have brought tremendous wealth and power to Lord Willard though. If it was restored to us, our fortune would certainly grow, and we could reward you handsomely. For a bit of delayed gratification, you could look forward towards a lifetime of prosperity. Surely such wise and experienced adventurers as yourselves could understand the benefits of having wealthy and powerful patrons, as we would surely be soon after we had the sword back.

Diplomacy, non-rushed: [roll0]

esorscher
2012-07-03, 03:05 PM
The brothers look at each other. Whether it is the promise of your patronage or the idea of using the sword themselves that sways them you aren't certain, but ultimately they agree, and tell you they will do the job the following evening.

esorscher
2012-07-06, 05:56 PM
(time skipping ahead)

The following evening (you can do whatever you want during the day) you arrive at a shadowy spot across the street from Willard's mansion. Well-hidden, you wait and watch what unfolds.

The two brothers use a grappling hook and rope to scale up to the balcony. They disappear into the building through the door on the right. Almost as soon as they do so, you see the door on the left open as well, but you do not see anyone go in or come out of it. A minute later, it closes.

After about five minutes, the city guard arrive--twelve Guards under the command of one Elite. The two brothers attempt to flee, but are captured quickly. They do not seem to have the sword. Instead, they seem to be being charged with murder. An Inquisitor is called to investigate the scene, and he determines that Lord Willard and his eldest daughter are both dead. The brothers are the most obvious suspects and will undoubtedly be convicted. The Inquisitor spends about a minute with the scene before leaving. The butler and Willard's bodyguard are both brought in for questioning.

Space Lawyer
2012-07-06, 06:06 PM
Hmmm, well, this is a surprise. I suppose with everyone having left the residence, we could simply walk in and find what we came for.

esorscher
2012-07-06, 06:41 PM
You enter the house. http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y126/Withoutcheese/willardsmansion.png

Which room would you like to search first? (You can search the whole house, but it may take more time--and the butler/ bodyguard may return before you find what you're looking for)

Space Lawyer
2012-07-08, 07:29 PM
Maxil opens a side window into the study, looking for the sword and any other valuables.

Spot: [roll0]

Morbis Meh
2012-07-08, 07:58 PM
Tasha follows behind the wee man and keeps quiet while keeping an ear out for any activity below. She was glad she saw the trap for what it was but still had a lingering unease about the entire situation. She doubted the sword was still here, she had a feeling Arryn had already taken back possession of the sword and was only sending them there as the scape goats...

Listen and Hide/move silently
Listen [roll0]
hide [roll1]
move silently [roll2]

esorscher
2012-07-09, 09:03 AM
The study contains:

1 desk with various important looking documents
1 light crossbow
1 oil lamp
1 desk chair
2 silver dishes worth about 5 gp each
2 silver candelabras worth about 10 gp each
6 apples
2 oranges
4 medium oil paintings (value unknown)
4 bookcases with about 100 books on them (on various subjects) in total
1 masterwork silver sword (not THE sword)
50 gp

Space Lawyer
2012-07-10, 09:36 AM
Maxil grabs the loose gold and the silver sword, then moves quickly through the entry hall and into the great hall, taking care to avoid getting close to any windows. The first thing I'm buying with the payoff from this is a bag of holding.

Search: [roll0]

esorscher
2012-07-10, 09:56 AM
The entry hall has a suit of full-plate on a stand with a simple greatsword in the gauntlets, as well as two decorative tapestries.

The great hall contains:

12 silver goblets
12 silver plates
12 silver chargers (big plates that go beneath plates)
12 silver forks
12 silver knives
12 silver spoons
12 red cloth napkins
1 long table
12 wooden chairs
2 decorative tapestries
2 large oil paintings
3 gold centerpieces

Space Lawyer
2012-07-10, 10:01 AM
Maxil heads into the kitchens, hoping there might be a sack he can use to carry off the loot in the great hall.

esorscher
2012-07-10, 10:28 AM
In the kitchens, Maxil finds several sacks of flour and spices, as well as various simple cooking implements. He dumps out one of the sacks of flour and is able to use that to carry as much as he wants.

As he is leaving the kitchen he notices a scuff mark on the floor against the wall. On the other side of said wall is the staircase leading up to the second floor, or so Maxil remembers.

Space Lawyer
2012-07-10, 10:46 AM
Maxil heads up to the foyer.

esorscher
2012-07-10, 11:02 AM
The scuff on the floor remains uninvestigated. "I'll look at it," Talia says, and searches the wall nearby. [roll0]. She finds that the wall is movable.

The foyer has a suit of full-plate armor with a greataxe on a stand. Besides that it contains:

1 small gold statuette
2 gold candelabras
1 large oil painting of Willard, his wife, and daughters
2 medium oil paintings
1 tapestry with the Willard family line
1 small silver bowl containing a large sapphire stone
1 silver ring

Space Lawyer
2012-07-10, 11:07 AM
Maxil grabs the ring and sapphire, then puts the statuette and candelabra into the sacks. He then goes downstairs, and tries to move the wall.

esorscher
2012-07-10, 11:09 AM
The wall moves slightly, but seems to be caught on something. There may be a hidden catch you need to release, a lock you need to open, or you might need to try a strength check. Or you might need to try a combination of those, or others.

Space Lawyer
2012-07-10, 11:12 AM
Maxil searches for a hidden lever/catch/lock.

esorscher
2012-07-10, 11:14 AM
Maxil's search is unsuccesful. Taking 20, he finds a small movable block, behind which is a lock.

Talia attempts to unlock the lock. [roll0] Taking 20, she is successful. The door slides to the side revealing a small passage beneath the stairs, behind which is a door with a knob handle.

Morbis Meh
2012-07-10, 11:15 AM
Noticing the little man looking intently at the wall she begins to wonder what he is doing and goes over for a look herself. The image of the tiny man laden with a heavy sack was rather humourous but laughter would have to wait for another time.

spot [roll0]

Space Lawyer
2012-07-10, 11:20 AM
Ah, how mysterious and sinister. Tasha, if you would be so kind as to go open the door. Should there be anything nasty lurking behind it, you are clearly more capable of dealing with it than I.

As a characterization note, Maxil is 5 inches taller and 20 pounds heavier than Tasha.

Morbis Meh
2012-07-10, 11:34 AM
My bad I thought you were a halfling... and you are a wee man in comparison to her master! (in the shorts :smallbiggrin: )

esorscher
2012-07-10, 11:44 AM
Tasha opens the door and feels a sharp pinch in her hand from the knob. (Roll a fortitude save). A small needle with a slight blue tint gleams viciously as she pulls her hand back in surprise. The door swings open to reveal a lead-lined vault. You recognize the sword Black Arryn wants, among other things. When you pull it from its ornate scabbard you recognize the continuous blue glow. Three platinum bars weighing 1 lb each sit below it, and a ruby necklace is tied around its hilt.

Morbis Meh
2012-07-10, 12:01 PM
Huh? I opened the door, since when i never said anything like that and I was following behind everyone... well here is the fort save you asked for and it probably will fail... Wouldn't Talia open the door she unlocked?
[roll0]

esorscher
2012-07-10, 12:17 PM
OOC: Sorry, I assumed you did. Just trying to speed the game along. The door in question was the door behind the moveable wall. In order: kitchens, moveable wall, hallway, door, secret vault. In this case you made the save, so fortunately it does not matter. I dont mind OOC in spoilers in the IC thread, but try and include it in a game related post. That's what the OOC thread is for :)

Morbis Meh
2012-07-10, 12:53 PM
Natasha flinched at the pin prick and waited catiously for any effect when nothing happens she gingerly bends over and grabs the sword along with the platinum bars and ruby necklace, slipping them into her bag. Turning to meet the others she says softly "We got what we came for now let's get out while we can and plan our next move... My suggestion look for our own hideout, inns are too open for my liking and you never know who is listening."

Space Lawyer
2012-07-10, 01:27 PM
Excellent choice. I feel that we should loot the rest of the house while we are at it. Take all of the easily carried items. It will help disguise our true purpose in coming here, as well as earn us some extra income.

Space Lawyer
2012-07-10, 04:37 PM
Maxil quickly runs through the house grabbing anything small and high-value (coins, gems, weapons). He will also cast detect magic, and grab anything magical.

Actually, not threatened, taking 10 ( or 20 if we have that much time)

esorscher
2012-07-10, 04:40 PM
Maxil does not find anything magic but finds another silver bowl with twelve rubies in it and a small sack with 300 gp in Willard's bedside table. Keating's and Zeke's rooms are both locked.

esorscher
2012-07-10, 05:21 PM
Tasha hears the bodyguard and butler talking and sees them up the street. She signals to you all to leave and you escape out the back while she crosses the street nonchalantly. They bodyguard seems to be very dejected about his failure to protect his employer, and the butler seems to be attempting to cheer him up.

Morbis Meh
2012-07-10, 05:46 PM
Tasha takes her time walking back to the Low Quarter moving quickly would only arouse suspicious and that was the last thing she wanted to do while separated from the group. Once safely within the bounds of the lowly district, Tasha waits patiently for the others to catch up to her while examining the sword.

esorscher
2012-07-10, 06:00 PM
It's a very ornate, well-crafted shortsword, and from its glow Tasha could guess that it is likely magical. The hilt has a ruby set in its pommel and gold filigree in the hilt

Space Lawyer
2012-07-10, 06:08 PM
Maxil walks up, whistling a jaunty tune My oh my, truly a fine looking sword. I suppose next time we get hired to steal something, we will remember to do better research, and not land ourselves in such a situation again. Though a rest would be well deserved, I feel we should divest ourselves of our gains as soon as possible.

Bardic Knowledge check on the sword: [roll0]

esorscher
2012-07-10, 06:23 PM
Maxil recognizes the sword as the heirloom of Lord Willard's family. For the true Lord (determined by blood) the sword is supposed to be especially powerful.

Morbis Meh
2012-07-10, 06:28 PM
Tarsh stares at the finely crafted blade and tests its weight and balance. It glided seamlessly through the air cutting through the air with ease, with one fluid motion she sheaths the blade home into its scabbard. "Quite the blade... finely balanced and honed, yet delicately crafted with flawless precision, the work of a master swordsmith. I'd be inclined to keep it for myself though that may be dangerous but it would be a waste to sell it... Well where are we heading to tonight? Shall we look for a quite place or go to some dive again?"

Space Lawyer
2012-07-11, 04:12 PM
We don't want to get involved in this. We got the sword, now lets rid ourselves of the accursed thing, sell the loot, and hole up in the inn for a few days.

Morbis Meh
2012-07-11, 05:15 PM
Tasha shakes her head "First of all we don't have a fence, second of all holing up in a building where people can be persuaded to give your locations is a very bad idea. What would you do with this sword? We can't sell it too hot, throwing it away would be fool hardy and we already agreed not to hand it back over since he'd probably turn on us the moment we gave it up. We need to find a hide away and let the heat die down before selling the loot."

esorscher
2012-07-11, 05:19 PM
"Amos the halfling might be able to help us out," Talia says.

Space Lawyer
2012-07-14, 09:56 PM
Well, let us seek him out then. Maybe he can find us a fence and a quiet place to lay low.

esorscher
2012-07-15, 08:41 AM
You find Amos the Quick at the same bar, the Mincing Gorilla. "Hullo," he says, smiling. "Heard a pair of brothers got pinched tonight trying to break in to a house on High Street. You wouldn't know anything about that, would you?" He seems gregarious, good natured, and slightly tipsy, and you note a dozen empty mugs on his table--enough to get you good and drunk. "Another round?"

Morbis Meh
2012-07-15, 11:24 AM
Natsha looks at the drunken man and shakes her head A bartender that can't stay out of his own drink, what a sad sight... though she couldn't judge the man she had been in far worse situations at other times in her life. Smiling she replies to the tipsy man "Good evening sir, I would like a cup of hot tea and a meal, no alcohol for me."

esorscher
2012-07-15, 12:12 PM
"Take it to him," Amos says, not unkindly, and points at the bartender behind the bar, some distance from the table Amos sits at. You recall the man's burly physique, and peculiar speech pattern, but having never asked him his name, you don't recall that. You signal to him, and he brings you your request. "So, have you come to see me about real estate or," he smiles slyly, "Looking for work?"

(Amos is the halfling who manages real estate above and below the surface, and also runs a gang of halflings. He owns this bar, among others, and will rent property to you by the month. His cheapest space above-ground starts at 1000 gp/ month; the undercity is less expensive.)

Space Lawyer
2012-07-15, 01:56 PM
We are currently looking for someone to buy a few trinkets that have recently come into our possession. A quiet place to call our own would also be nice. Nothing fancy; the undercity would be fine.

esorscher
2012-07-15, 03:05 PM
"I know a guy who'll buy pretty much anything, no questions asked," he says. "First lets sort out your accomodations. Rent's by the month. I've got one space, basically a closet with a door, 400 sq. ft for 400/month in the Undercity. It's on one of the heavier trafficked corridors, so don't count on much quiet, but its the cheapest I have. I've got a two-room space, 20x20 workshop/ office/ common room/ or whatever you like, really, its totally unfurnished, with a bed and half-bath attached behind. That's 800/ month. I'm guessing you're not looking to spend over 1000 gold on monthly rent, otherwise you'd be looking in the City proper. If I'm wrong, correct me and I can give you some more listings."

esorscher
2012-07-15, 06:14 PM
(Post showing up)

Space Lawyer
2012-07-16, 08:20 AM
cgrela casts see invisible posts.

Morbis Meh
2012-07-16, 08:25 AM
Tasha leaves the men to discuss business, she preferred to keep out of it, she was after all the hired muscle. Ordering a pot of tea and a bowl of whatever was cooking she sits down in the corner with her back to the wall keeping her eyes and ears open for anything suspicious.

listen [roll0]
spot [roll1]

Space Lawyer
2012-07-16, 08:32 AM
We'll take the 800 gp one. We have need of the extra space. We will also be available for jobs that need doing soon after this business with our current employer is finished. What is the name of this merchant of dubious morals that you know?

esorscher
2012-07-16, 09:11 AM
"Aye, that would be my brother, Seamus. His morals are no more dubious than mine." Amos smiles. "If you have the gold for the first month's rent now, I'll take you to your new rooms. If you haven't, I can take you to Seamus's first and he'll set you right."

A thin but buxom waitress brings Tasha her tea and a bowl of hot beef stew.

Space Lawyer
2012-07-17, 09:07 PM
To Seamus then!

esorscher
2012-07-17, 09:45 PM
Amos takes you out of the bar. Once he stands up, you see he is not nearly as drunk as he initially seemed. Tasha has finished her meal and tea by the time this happens and, seeing Maxil leave, follows him. Talia and Crenshaw are both close behind, neither talking much.

Amos takes you down into the Undercity, and walks at a leisurely pace compared to the last time a halfling brought you down into these narrow corridors. When you are not running for your life you see that the hallways do have a certain way to them, and you find yourself becoming familiar with how one leads to the next. There are main thoroughfares and side corridors just like above the surface, only down here there is little warning when you are about to emerge into a stream of traffic. And so you are totally unready for it when Amos leads you onto the main boulevard below the city, The King's Highway as it is known. "They say these pipes lead straight to the palace," Amos says, pointing under your feet at the massive network of metal tubing that those who've come before you covered with bits of sheet metal and plywood to form the pathway. "Built when Thronehold had a king, mind you, not an Emperor. So they're old, is what I'm saying." Many doors with signs on them face the street. "Shops," Amos explains. "This is the heart of the black market."

He takes you through a door marked PRI ATE and into a small, cozy store. Some merchandise is shelved within reach, but most is behind the counter. A halfling who looks like he could be Amos's brother sits behind the counter. He weighs a few more pounds than Amos and is maybe half an inch shorter. "I'm Seamus," he says, getting straight to business. "You got any items, I'll buy them off you. If you could sell them legitimately you wouldn't be here, so let's cut the malarky, eh? 80% of what you'd get above ground, so if what you've got is worth 10, down here you'll get 4. If you want store credit, I'll give you it's full weight in it. I can get you most anything, and if I don't have it now, I'll be able to get it for you in a small time. Understood?" They don't always have the widest selection of magic items, but they do have some (ask and i'll tell you) and you can find masterwork martial weapons here (not masterwork simple or exotic, though they have common simple weapons), and masterwork armor of all types, potions of most 1st level spells and some 2nd (ask and i'll tell you).

Space Lawyer
2012-07-18, 04:03 PM
Maxil frowns. I believe your numbers are a bit off. 80% of 10 would be 8. That said, we thank you for opening your store to us. I believe we can come to a profitable business arrangement. Here are a few items that have recently come into our possession. Maxil draws the various trinkets and doodads collected during the theft from his bag. He draws the masterwork silver sword with a flourish, setting it down on the table.

Morbis Meh
2012-07-18, 04:13 PM
Tasha removes the ruby necklace and also sets it down on the counter I hope this one knows how to barter... definitely not giving up the sword we need to find a suitable place for it and we can use it as leverage at some point.

I assume that the blocks of platinum are straight currency? That I would prefer to take directly to a bank since it cannot be traced and our bard could definitely pass as a noble making spare coin.

esorscher
2012-07-18, 09:06 PM
"Oh, my math's off, is it? Did I mention I've been in this business for years? Say you have an item worth 10. You won't be able to sell it to any merchant for more than 5, otherwise he's not making enough profit. I've got to go through a whole lot of rigamarole to make the stolen goods legit, or leastwise legit enough. Be happy I only charge 20%." At the sight of the masterwork sword, he adds, "Masterwork, magic, I'll give you 80% of the full price, rather than 80% the resale value. Again, store credit for 100%. Same for gemstones."

(The mwk silver sword is distinct from the sword you stole.)

Space Lawyer
2012-07-21, 07:18 AM
Ok, I can live with that deal. The loot is yours, and the gold is ours. Turning to Amos. With that bit of business concluded for the time being, why don't you show us to our new abode?We can discuss our future employment there.

esorscher
2012-07-21, 10:12 AM
Amos smiles as the gold changes hands. "This way." he gestures out the door and you follow him around the corner to a small apartment exactly as he described--an unfurnished common room in the front and a bedroom in the back. "I'll get you another bed," Amos says, as there's only one king-size mattress in the room. "Now, you wanted to discuss employment. I have a job, actually, if you don't mind getting your hands dirty. There's a few guys, rogue thieves like you, holed up in one of my spaces and refusing to pay rent. My men are all tied up right now, but I figure you could go over, rough 'em up a bit, and collect what they owe in rent-3000 gold. I'll give you 500 in exchange, and you can take anything else you want from them."

(Selling everything you stole from Willard except the special sword and the platinum bars you earn: 928 gp. The platinum bars are currency themselves and worth 500 gp each.)

Space Lawyer
2012-07-24, 01:56 PM
That sounds like something we can do, though a bit thuggish for my taste. Now, if you don't mind, I'm going to have a bit of sleep.. Maxil lays down on the bed after removing his clothing (keeping his smallclothes on though). He lays a dagger and the bag of gold underneath his pillow.

Morbis Meh
2012-07-24, 02:01 PM
Tasha shrugs and also goes to sleep but nor before telling the others to keep watch while they slept.

esorscher
2012-07-24, 06:24 PM
Before leaving, Amos hands you a map of the Undercity, and points out the space you'll need to visit. It has the whole Undercity on it, various sections colored differently. It is an intricate patchwork of warning and allegiance, but given time and scope, you could learn a lot from it. There are a few white spaces that he explains are vacant, for various reasons—some are perfectly fine and simply uninhabited, others are home to frightening monsters that, if cleared out, would be perfectly fine and habitable, others are filled with toxic gas or some other that prevents them from being claimed at all.

The following morning you awake, do your morning routine, and set out for the square Amos pointed out to you. It is brown, meaning it belongs to the Quickfeet boys, as is your square. The map has some magic to it, as it tracks its position on the map, and with it in hand you are confident you will not get lost in the Undercity. You duck down narrow corridors as you follow the map's direction.

You see a skeleton, which gives you pause. It is about the size of a small child. The corridor ahead widens out into a dimly lit chamber, and you can hear a snarling, groaning noise, followed by a high pitched chattering you recognize as goblin. You can't quite hear well enough to make out what he is saying, but the groan comes again, and then a shuffling sound.

Morbis Meh
2012-07-30, 11:24 AM
Natasha listens closely in an attempt to discern their numbers and all the while moves quietly. She will do to keeper her presence unnoticed whilst Maxil does the talking, best to be his shadow in case things get ugly.

listen [roll0]
move silently [roll1]
hide [roll2]

Space Lawyer
2012-08-01, 08:02 AM
Maxil will search for the source of the noises, and whoever was speaking, if they are not one and the same.

Taking 20, for 22.

esorscher
2012-08-01, 08:27 AM
Moving carefully to avoid drawing notice, you see the shadowy sillhouette of an ogre in the chamber ahead. You can't see a goblin anywhere. Just beyond the ogre on the far side of the room you see a ladder leading up to a hole in the ceiling through which light is pouring down. (You can roll initiative and make a surprise attack, or try to get around them another way).

Space Lawyer
2012-08-04, 12:12 PM
Maxil pulls out his sitar, and begins to play a friendly tune, one with long rises and falls, droning and otherworldly. He walks out of the shadows, still cautiously keeping his distance.

Using one bardic music use to use the fascinate effect. It will affect up to two creatures, who get a will save against a perform check of [roll0]

esorscher
2012-08-04, 03:18 PM
The ogre turns toward the sound of the music and seems to be totally enthralled. You see the top of the goblin's head peeking out from behind the ogre's, and notice a harness on the ogre that indicates to you the goblin is on the ogre's back. Both are fascinated and focused on Maxil's playing.

esorscher
2012-08-04, 03:23 PM
*revealing*