PDA

View Full Version : Mounted Combat Class

RavagerofFells
2012-06-21, 01:42 PM
I'm starting out as a human and lvl 7 or 5... its fairy tale base..... i heard people spec - fighter 1 - for the extra feat..... crusader - cavalier - and the prc class from Heros of honor...

Any tips??? Armor?Builds?Feats?Weapons?Mounts?Major Stats(cha,con,int... etc)?

Ps - Thank you guys who helped me with my cleric,loving him!

Diovid
2012-06-21, 02:01 PM
Ranger 6 / Beastmaster 1 / Wild Plains Outrider 3 / Halfling Outrider 10

Ranger variants: Rider Combat Style (dragon magazine #341), Champion of the Wild (complete champion).

Or if you want to turn it up a notch:
Paladin 5 / Beastmaster 2 / Wild Plains Outrider 3 / Halfling Outrider 10 (use the Devoted Tracker feat and apply Wild Plains Outrider to your Animal Companion, not your mount).

Paladin variants: Holy Warrior (complete champion), 3rd noble heart sub level (champions of valor), Paladin of Freedom (unearthed arcana, optional)

In either case, be a strongheart halfling (Races of Faerun), use the Natural Bond (complete adventurer) and Power Attack feats and wield a Lance. For bonus points, ride a Brixashulty (Races of the Wild).

Beastmaster and Wild Plains Outrider are from Complete Adventurer and Halfling Outrider is from Complete Warrior.

Psyren
2012-06-21, 03:29 PM
You could also bring the Cavalier from Pathfinder into 3.5 pretty easily, or the PF Paladin with their mount.

Gwendol
2012-06-21, 04:24 PM
Knight. You eventually get the mounted combat feats as bonus.

Human knight 5.

Feats: combat reflexes, power attack, stand still, EWP spiked chain, mage slayer

Assuming 2 flaws: inattentive and shaky.

Get a breastplate for armor. A lance and horse. Consider taking wild cohort for your lvl 6 feat.