PDA

View Full Version : The awakening [4e]

The Conductor
2012-06-21, 02:47 PM
An eladrin town guard leads you to a small forest on the outskirts of town.

"I'm sorry we had to have the trial all the way out here, but we're worried that if we were to have it in town there would be riots. This fellow managed to anger almost everyone in town. Many people think he shouldn't be given the honor of a trial, but it is our way."

You come to a clearing in the forest, where a makeshift court has been arranged. Twelve-and-a-bit is sitting at a bench on the far side of the clearing. The ominous click of his internal functions beats on, as fast as ever.

Another warforged sits at the judge's seat, his eyes shut. Once you sit down, he springs to life, his eyes glowing a light blue.

"DEARLY BELOVED, we are... wheeze-click excuse me. We are gathered here, under the watchful eye of Erathis, to ascertain, beyond a shadow of a doubt, the guilt or clunk-gasp innocence of this unit, 00-J-12.3, informally known as 'Twelve-and-a-bit'."

He points at Owen.

"Please explain all that is recorded in your memory on this subject that would help us understand."

PhilMeyer
2012-06-21, 11:08 PM
"Yes, your honor."

The templar thinks for a minute, then begins.

"You see to my right three individuals. A druid, a halforcen warrior, and a constructed individual, like yourself. It is we who joined together to combat this menace, the one you call 'Twelve-and-a-bit'."

"My involvement began when Talfen came to the barracks of my order, requesting assistance. My elders saw the druid's cause as worthy, and I volunteered to accompany him on his task."

"The druid had already enlisted the aid of Tomawk, who had a previous grievance against the warforged villain. The construct Phalanx joined after we became convinced of his sincerity to the cause."

"I'm sure you've heard the rest of the story. How we quelled the prisoner uprising and drove back the orc attack. You probably also know of the confrontation that ensued after the halforcen's savage execution of a guard, and how 12-and-bits escaped."

"It is surely with Pelor's grace that we had a druid with primal power over water. Talfen was instrumental in diverting the flow of water while the rest of us confronted the warforged menace."

"I took a grevious wound in the final battle, so did not see exactly how it ended. I believe it was Phalanx that struck the decisive blow. I am now fully recovered, through the the divine blessings of Pelor."

MiketheMountain
2012-06-22, 04:16 PM
Tomawk - Ranger
The scarred half-orc was already quivering with rage, staring with hatred at the warforged on trial. At the merest suggestion from the judge that they still needed to "ascertain" Twelve-and-a-bit's guilt, Tomawk's mind raced with the possibility that he might once again fail to have his revenge. Owen's calm words only seemed to further upset him until he could take no more. Leaping to his feet Tomawk roars furiously, "What is this kank-$#it?! We are standing on ground soaked with blood of HIS causing, and we're just going to talk? I'll take his rusting head and be done with it!"

Drawing his axe, Tomawk prepares to cut his way through the guards he had just fought alongside defending their town.

Hircine
2012-06-22, 04:56 PM
Talfen stoically leans on his gnarled staff with his eyes closed listening to the serenity of nature around him. A tranquil smile crosses his lips when he hears the sound of songbirds nearby. He drowns out the noisy proceedings going on around him certain that his allies will be able to convey the evils of Twelve-and-a-bit without his help.

He slowly opens his eyes when the yelling of the half-orc, Tomawk, scares away his feathered friends. The druid now fully tuned in to what's going on gives the half-orc an annoyed look.

"Calm yourself, Tomawk. You need not worry yourself, justice will be served and Twelve-and-a-bit will pay for his many crimes."

Talfen's eyes then quickly close as he tries to reconnect himself with the spirits of nature.

The Conductor
2012-06-23, 12:17 PM
The judge sighs deeply, and as he does, a large cloud of steam spews forth from his head.
"Thank-you for your fizz-clunk contribution, but know that any more... enthusiasm with be removed. Phalanx, please continue this story."

Caimheul
2012-06-24, 01:43 AM
Phalanx steps forwards, briefly narrowing his optical openings at the half-orc, his mithril plating reflecting the sunlight the clearing allows through the forest's canopy. His heavy shield still attached to his left arm, the heraldry on it of a sword behind a set of balances on a field of azure slightly worse for wear from the recent battle, left hand resting on the pommel of his long sword. His Javelin latched diagonally across his back,
"Your Honor, This One Has Been In Pursuit Of 00-J-12.3 Since This One First Learned Of His Activities. Following Owen's Injury, Tomawk And This One Were Able To Fight 00-J-12.3 To A Standstill, Allowing Talfen To Utilize His Abilities To Render 00-J-12.3 Prone. From This One's Position Standing Over Him, It Was A Simple Matter To Render Him Temporally Non-Functioning And Deliver Him To The Agents Of Justice." Phalanx delivers his report in a monotone, as matter of factly as possible.

The Conductor
2012-06-24, 12:56 PM
Just as Phalanx finishes, the eladrin guard runs up, yelling and waving his arms.

"Sir! Sir! Your honor! Sir! Sirsirsirsirsir! SIR! There's a bunch of... folk! Lizards! Big, huge! Lizard... folk! Weapons! To the city... going!"

The guard captain grabs him. "Slow down, brother. What has happened?"

He tries again. "Lizardfolk from the north are approaching the city. A small group broke off and is coming this way."

The guard captain looks at you. "We'll go help the city folks defend themselves. As for you, it would be immensely helpful if you could stay here. The judge can't move, and we don't have enough time to move Twelve-and-a-bit."

MiketheMountain
2012-06-24, 08:42 PM
Tomawk - Ranger
"A trick!" Tomawk yells. "They're here for the warforged! Cut him down now, before it's too late and he escapes again!!"

PhilMeyer
2012-06-24, 09:45 PM
"Calm yourself, Tomawk. That is not their way."

To the guard captain:

"Though I do believe the halforcen is correct. The timing of the attack is highly suspect. If you can possibly spare some guards..."

The templar suspects he will not be convincing.

"Phalanx, can you check on the restraints of Twelve-and-a-bits? Is there any weaknesses that a warforged could exploit?"

Caimheul
2012-06-24, 11:41 PM
Phalanx nods at the cleric's request. "I Suspect That When We Initially Apprehended 00-J-12.3 We May Not Have Discovered All Of His Embedded Components. Their May Still Be A Small Blade Wrists, Or Some Other Small Objects Such As A Lock Pick Kit Or Implement Secreted Within His Construction. I Shall Check His Bonds, And It Would Likely Be Wise For Us To Remain Close To The Judge And Prisoner While Dealing With The Encroaching Lizardfolk." Phalanx states while carefully moving towards the prisoner.

The Conductor
2012-06-26, 02:04 PM
{table=head] |A|B|C|D|E|F|G|H|I|J|K|L|M|N|O|P|Q|R|S|T|U
1|||||||||||L||||||||||
2||||L|L||||||||||||L||||
3|L|||||||Bl|||||||||||||
4|||||||||||||||||||||
5|||||||||||||||||||||
6|||||||||||||||||||||
7||||||||b|b|||||||||||g|g
8||||||||||||||||||g|g||
9||||||||||||g|g||||||||
10||||||||g|g||||||||||||
11||||||g|g||||||||||||||
12||||g|||||||||||||||||
13|||g||||||||||||||||||
14||g|||||||||||||||||||
15||g|||||||||||||||||||
16|||||||||||||||||Ph|Tw|||
17|||||||||||||||||||||
18|||||||||To||||||||||||
19||b|b||||Ta|||O|||||||||||
20|||b|b||||||||||||b|b||||[/table]

The Conductor
2012-06-26, 02:09 PM
Perception
[roll0]
Talfen's Initiative
[roll1]
Owen's Initiative
[roll2]
Phalanx's Initiative
[roll3]
Tomawk's Initiative
[roll4]
Twelve
[roll5]
Minions
[roll6]
Blackscale bruiser
[roll7]

The Conductor
2012-06-26, 02:33 PM
You manage to see his hands loosen in time to warn your allies. His hands drop and suddenly, the only thing attaching them to his arms are long, spiked chains. His fingers give way to sharp, serrated blades.

Meanwhile, six lizardfolk emerge from the forest. The smaller ones are armed with blow darts.

Their leader is a huge dark-scaled brute. He charges to the forefront.

L- Lizardfolk
Bl-Blackscale Lizardfolk
Tw-Twelve-and-a-bit
O-Owen
To-Tomawk
Ta-Talfen
Ph-Phalanx
b-bench
g-extra dense grass. difficult terrain.
The lizardfolk let loose a volley of darts.
Vs. Tomawk
[roll0]
Vs. Phalanx
[roll1]
[roll2]
Vs. Owen
[roll3]
Vs. Talfen
[roll4]

1|||||||||||||||||||||
2|||||||||||||||||||||
3||||||||Bl|||||||||||||
4|||||||||||||||||||||
5|||||||||||||||||||||
6|||||||||||||||||||||
7||||||||b|b|L||||||||||g|g
8||||L||L|||||||||L|||g|g||
9|L|||||||||||g|g||||||||
12||||g|||||||||||||||||
13|||g||||||||||||||||||
14||g|||||||||||||||||||
15||g|||||||||||||||||||
16|||||||||||||||||Ph|Tw|||
17|||||||||||||||||||||
18|||||||||To||||||||||||
19||b|b||||Ta|||O|||||||||||
20|||b|b||||||||||||b|b||||[/table][/QUOTE]

PhilMeyer
2012-07-04, 01:43 PM
"An ambush, just as expected."

Owen races over to the warforged villian.

"Tomawk, if you want to put an end to this bucket of bolts, I will not object."

The cleric stares the enemy down, his golden sun amulet shining bright.

PhilMeyer
2012-07-04, 01:44 PM
Move to O19.
Gaze of Defiance vs. Tw.
Attack: [roll0] vs will
Damage (psychic): [roll1]
If it hits, all allies get +1 to attack Tw. If he attacks me, its +3.

The Conductor
2012-07-05, 09:21 AM
Owen hit.

The Huge Blackscale at the back rushes forward.
"Friendsss, we will eat well... tonight!"
He hunkers down, preparing himself for any attack against him as he puts some sort of liquid on his mace.

Blackscale to H9. Terribly sorry about the mix-up. I thought Owen was next.

MiketheMountain
2012-07-05, 09:39 AM
Tomawk - Ranger
Tomawk barely feels the lizardfolk's dart pierce his shoulder as he finally gives release to his fury. Eyes wide, lips curled back over sharp teeth, the half-orc explodes into the air toward the warforged who has caused him so much pain. "SUS'SCROFA USSURICUS!!!" Tomawk roars, invoking the name of his extinct clan as a primal battle cry and call for vengeance.

With a powerful underhand throw Tomawk draws and releases a perfectly balanced two-bladed hatchet, sending it spinning unerringly towards Twelve-and-a-bit. Following only a half-second behind his first attack, the massive green-skinned warrior comes charging with a vicious executioner's strike, bringing his terrifying black-bladed battleaxe down into his nemesis' collar.

Tabletop:Standard Action: Hurling Charge (Encounter, two attacks) against Twelve-and-a-bit
Effect: Designate Tw as my Hunter's Quarry
First Attack: [roll0] vs AC (ranged, thrown handaxe, +1 from Owen)
Damage: [roll1]
Second Attack: Charge to Q17, Marauder's Rush: [roll2] vs AC (+1 charge, +1 from Owen)
Damage: [roll3] + [roll4] (Vanguard Battleaxe)

Hunter's Quarry Damage: [roll5] (applied to first attack if it was successful, if not then to the second)

(If the second attack was successful, then:)
Free Action: Furious Assault (Encounter)
Damage: [roll6]

Total Damage (assuming both attacks hit): 43Statblock:
Tomawk (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=413872), Half-Orc Ranger (Marauder)
Init +5 HP 34/39 Bloodied 19 Healing Surge 9 (0 used /7)
AC 20 Fort 19 Reflex 18 Will 15 Speed 7
Str 20 (+5) Con 12 (+1) Dex 16 (+3) Int 8 (-1) Wis 14 (+2) Cha 10 (0)
Notes +2 speed when charging
+1d8 damage on a successful charge
Does not provoke OAs for movement part of a charge.

The Conductor
2012-07-11, 09:03 AM
OOC: If you're wondering, both attacks hit. And he's bloodied. And it's Talfen's turn.

Hircine
2012-07-11, 11:06 AM
Talfen confidently strides forward clutching his staff firmly. His eyes narrow angrily at the construct called twelve-and-a-bit. Holding his staff aloft he conjures forth pack of spectral wolves, the beasts rush toward the construct and begin rending and tearing at his body.

Move Action:
Move to M17

Standard Action: Call Forth the Spirit Pack

Attack Roll: [roll0] vs Reflex

Damage Roll: [roll1]

Effect: The target is knocked prone.

The Conductor
2012-07-17, 07:35 AM
Without so much as a single action on his part, Twelve-and-a-bit crumples to the ground, disabled but not destroyed. The lights in his eyes slowly blink out, but the clickety-clack of his internal functions goes on.

Caimheul
2012-07-20, 11:21 PM
Upon seeing 00-J-12.3 once again rendered unconscious by his allies, Phalanx charges towards the Blackscale lizardfolk without bothering to first remove the dart that found an opening in his armour plating. "You Shall Dine On This One's Steel Foul Beast!"

Actions:
Minor Action: Activate Defender's Aura

Move Action: Move to L 12

Standard Action: Charge to I 9

BMA: [roll0] (+1 for charge, forgot to add it into roll)
25 vs AC

Init: +1 HP: 42/47 Bloodied: 23 Healing Surge: 11 Surges remaining: 15/15
AC 23 Fort 18 Reflex 16 Will 18 Speed 6
Str 19 (+4) Con 14 (+2) Dex 8 (-1) Int 10 (0) Wis 12 (+1) Cha 17 (+3)
Ongoing effect: Defender Aura (All enemies within 1 of Phalanx take a -2 penalty on any attacks that do not include him as a target, another ally with Defender aura, or an ally who has marked the enemy.)

The Conductor
2012-07-21, 07:04 PM
1|||||||||||||||||||||
2|||||||||||||||||||||
3|||||||||||||||||||||
4|||||||||||||||||||||
5|||||||||||||||||||||
6|||||||||||||||||||||
7||||||||b|b|L||||||||||g|g
8||||L||L||Bl|||||||L|||g|g||
9|L||||||||Ph|||g|g||||||||
12||||g|||||||||||||||||
13|||g||||||||||||||||||
14||g|||||||||||||||||||
15||g|||||||||||||||||||
16|||||||||||||||||||||
17|||||||||||||Ta||||To||||
18|||||||||||||||||||||
19||b|b||||||||||||O||||||
20|||b|b||||||||||||b|b||||[/table]

"While they attack each other... we will feast on their flesh! Hunger no longer my brothers!"
The Blackscale Lizardfolk rushes forwards and swings his poisoned mace.

[roll0] vs AC
If it hits,
[roll1] damage.
and ongoing 3 poison damage.

PhilMeyer
2012-07-21, 11:08 PM
Owen moves up near the combat, and again takes hold of his holy symbol. This time he focuses it on the incoming lizard and channels a incredibly bright ray of light through it.

Searing Light vs the Bruiser: [roll0] vs Reflex
If it hits, target is blinded until end of my next turn.

PhilMeyer
2012-07-21, 11:09 PM
My move was to J14

MiketheMountain
2012-08-01, 12:35 PM
Tomawk - Ranger
The half-orc ranger roars with victory as Twelve-and-a-bit falls before him. But before he could take the warforged's head as a trophy Tomawk realized there was another threat to deal with. Eyes wide with blood-lust, he scans the approaching lizardfolk until he spots the strongest of them: the Blackscale.

Tomawk sends his axes whirling through the smaller attackers, never once taking his eye off the Blackscale. Like a wild beast, he would assert his dominance over the leader of the other pack, or die in the attempt.

TabletopMinor Action: Designate Blackscale Lizardfolk as my Hunter's Quarry
Move Action: Move to O12
Standard Action: Throw and Stab
First attack (ranged) against Lizardfolk in J7

[roll0] vs AC
[roll1] damage

Effect: Move to O9, Melee Basic Attack against Lizardfolk in O8

[roll2] vs AC
[roll3] damage

Statblock Tomawk (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=413872), Half-Orc Ranger (Marauder)
Init +5 HP 34/39 Bloodied 19 Healing Surge 9 (0 used /7)
AC 20 Fort 19 Reflex 18 Will 15 Speed 7
Str 20 (+5) Con 12 (+1) Dex 16 (+3) Int 8 (-1) Wis 14 (+2) Cha 10 (0)