PDA

View Full Version : Test run (3.P)

Ralasha
2012-06-21, 08:32 PM
You awake with the morning light at the old roman rest stop. The mists struggle to rise from the ground around you. Bright stars still sparkle on the western horizon despite the coming rays of dawn. The air is warm and a gentle breeze rustles through the nearby trees.

You find soldiers manning the post, and the walls floors and windows all in new condition despite this place having been run down and abandoned just the night before when you went to sleep.

What woke you is the loud sound of hooves coming up the road from the south.

(Surprise!)

shugyosha
2012-06-21, 08:49 PM
Ryhan

The scruffy man woke quick and grabbed his bow. He fumbled for an arrow as he tried to figure what was going on. "What's going on!"

Chained Birds
2012-06-21, 08:56 PM
Johney

Rising up with great vigor, and dressed in common robe, is a teenager with a heavy orange scarf covering his mouth that matches the orange hue in the boy's hair. He straightens the scarf so it doesn't muffle his words and speaks up, loudly, at the others in the room.

"Ahahaha! Seems like a great day! Surprises everywhere, which means that today I'll be granted many Heroic Scenes!"

He reaches for two swords on either side, and adjusts them slightly for better access; just in case the approaching horse might be a villain.

Voice of Reason
2012-06-21, 09:17 PM
Alana

Alana remains still for a few moment while collecting her bearings. She quashes the desire to open her eyes immediately; she does not want others to know that she is awake, just in case her situation is dire. A few moments careful listening seems to indicate that those around her, or at least some of them, are as confused as she, and she does not appear to be restrained.

She rolls over and onto her feet and tries to take in her surroundings in a quick glance. Alana does not remember going to sleep here...In a sudden bout of panic, Alana remembers belatedly to check if her disguise is still intact. Fortunately, although ruffled, it seems that her features are still concealed. Nevertheless, she takes a cautious step back from those in her immediate vicinity. In response to the scruffy man, Alana replies

I have no idea. I'm quite certain I wasn't here when I laid my head to rest, and I'm fairly confident that I was not drugged.

Alana begins looking around for her horse, where the vast majority of her possessions, and therefore livelihood, are typically stored. She would hate to lose him, and the gentleman waving his swords around so enthusiastically was making her...nervous.

Alana is wearing bulky clothing, among with some other minor touches, in an attempt to hide her tail and wings. She has a +10 disguise modifier, and typically the DM rolls such things secretly, but if you'd rather I take care of that, Ralasha, here's a roll and a spot check to see if the horse is around:

Disguise - [roll0]

Spot - [roll1]

stanleyindraven
2012-06-22, 08:23 AM
Jorun raises to his feet and pulls his gleaming chain shirt on over his muscled physique. He quietly rolls up his blanket and bedroll and then lifts his halberd to rest on his shoulder, or for him to lean against, it is hard to tell.

"Looks like dawn, happens everyday around this time," Jorun will chuckle. His blonde hair short and messy reaching just above his dark brown eyes. He looks down at his backpack with a sigh.

Ralasha
2012-06-22, 08:34 AM
The horses draw closer to the road stop, and you hear men dismounting and making jokes with those outside. Laughter ensues, and you hear the distinctive sound of someone getting hit punctuated by a grunt, and more laughter.

The clink and rattle of chain and plates is obvious as men enter and begin placing their possessions in the various rooms. Finally a group of men armed and armored make their way to the room the four of you are sharing, and look rather surprised to find people already occupying it. Their jokes and laughter stop.

stanleyindraven
2012-06-22, 08:46 AM
"It appears we have taken their room," Jorun muses.

Ralasha
2012-06-22, 08:49 AM
"Who are you then? You look like Gladiators. The nearest arena is in Pinopsys. What are you doing here in the barracks?"

stanleyindraven
2012-06-22, 08:53 AM
"I assure you we meant no harm, and that I am no gladiator. Just a free man making his way," Jorun replies as he stands up straight.

Ralasha
2012-06-22, 08:56 AM
"Breakfast is being served by the previous post before they are relieved, grab your things and go eat. Also for future reference try to remember not to sleep in the barracks."

shugyosha
2012-06-22, 09:09 AM
Ryhan

The obviously confused man ready an arrow but didn't raise it aim. "Who are you?" he asks.

Chained Birds
2012-06-22, 09:25 AM
Johney

"Hmm, I guess I'll take you up on the food offer."

The man takes his things.

"So where is the food located sirs?"

Ralasha
2012-06-22, 08:03 PM
When you notch and arrow one of their men does as well, but their man takes aim. "Put up your weapon barbarian, and get out before I put an arrow through your eye."

Voice of Reason
2012-06-22, 11:31 PM
Alana's frustration grows.

Oh great, that's TWO of them on a short fuze.

Alana beats a hasty retreat one step to the left, out of the direct line of fire and remains silent.

There's no way I'm going to stick my foot in my mouth trying to dissolve this issue. I'm not going to go down with him on this one. I don't even know what's going on!

Chained Birds
2012-06-22, 11:57 PM
Johney

Speaking up, after a rather hardy laugh,

"Please! Don't take us for weaklings who can not determine a foe's strength. He must be simply testing to see how you react to a certain situation. Now, I'm not too familiar with the area, can you please show me to the mess haul; I have horrible memory and all."

The teenager makes his attempt to resolve the situation as best as he can. Hopefully these unknown warriors aren't feeling too blood-lusty today or Johney might have to show them his more combative side.

Ralasha
2012-06-23, 12:27 AM
"I find that strength is most often derived from the mind. What can a weak minded fool accomplish? In order to perform any action, no matter how simple thought must be involved first.

He walks past the clear-headed young man, placing his hand on his shoulder as he passes, moving up close to the archer of half his size.

Suddenly, and extremely quickly the man pulls out both his shield, which covers him from neck to knee, and his gladius. "I am Devus Deximus Democles. You will put up your bow. I would rather not spill your blood boy."

Devus seems perhap[s slightly younger in appearance, though his eyes give him an age of many years.

shugyosha
2012-06-23, 01:20 AM
Ryhan

He gives a half smile to the man in front of him. Finally standing he looks him in the eye, "Alright Devus, I am Ryhan Mullar, and I'd like not have any blood spilled before breakfast."

Ralasha
2012-06-23, 01:26 AM
The man nods, and points his thumb at the door, at which point his men begin coming in and setting up their belongings, and lying down to sleep for a few hours before the rotation.

Voice of Reason
2012-06-23, 01:36 AM
Alana

Exit Alana, stage right...

Alana slides past the soldiers and out the door. Apparently she's found herself in some sort of active barracks somehow. Who knows why it was deserted the night before? In any case, maybe there's an attached stable or a pole somewhere where her steed has been taken by a well-meaning resident. If not, at least it gets her out of the way of the soldiers.

Ralasha
2012-06-23, 11:53 PM
One of the soldiers leers at Alana as she steps past him in a suggestive manner. ((What?! They're Romans!))

Chained Birds
2012-06-24, 10:49 AM
Johney

As the group walks along towards the mess hall, Johney takes the others aside.

"So fellow heroic figures, what say you about our current predicament. These lands and these people are quite unfamiliar to me."

stanleyindraven
2012-06-25, 07:33 AM
"Well then, to mess and back to the travel at hand," Jorun responds will a little more spring in his step now that he has woken more. He grabs his bag from the ground and hefts it to his back with a jingle.

shugyosha
2012-06-25, 11:17 AM
Ryhan

"Travel where?" Ryhan says as he finishes packing his bedroll. "Look at these guys, they aren't from our time."

Once his has gathered his things he adds, "The funny thing is that they really didn't bat an eye finding four strangers in their barracks"

Ralasha
2012-06-25, 11:25 AM
As you are still in the room while talking: "Well, as it happens, I'm sure everyone that has ever gotten drunk woke up somewhere odd. The rest of you may want to watch over your friend, he seems to be a bit off his rocker."

Chained Birds
2012-06-25, 12:09 PM
Johney

"I hope that wasn't a snide comment directed at the Heroic I. Once should never judge a person by their words or appearance sir warriors.

shugyosha
2012-06-26, 10:27 AM
Ryhan

It was obvious to Ryhan how unobservant the centurion was. Their clothes didn't match their time. The fact the uninvited guests were in their barracks didn't even phase them showed their lax attitude to security... but he wasn't going to pass up free breakfast.

He gather his things and went to get some food. He hoped the rank and file maybe more reasonable.

Ralasha
2012-06-26, 12:20 PM
As you make your way from the barracks some of the soldiers look at your askance, as if wondering why, or how you got in there. The main hall is rather small, and most people are taking their food outside, though there are a few tables here, and several farther back towards the kitchens.

Breakfast seems to have several choices, and much variety. Including soups, breads, some sort of boiled grain, seasoned oils, eggs in a variety of styles, a multitude of fruits, and condiments and seasonings for the various items available.

Chained Birds
2012-06-26, 01:27 PM
Johney

As per the invitation to eat, Johney proceeds over to the food and starts to make a plate for himself. He bow in appreciation towards any cooks or servers present. He'll try to gather the people he woke up with once he has obtained his meal.

Voice of Reason
2012-06-27, 01:04 AM
Alana

Alana is trying to retain her composure. The initial shock seems to have worn out, and she has still not awakened from this strange dream. That one man's comment (what was his name, Ryhan? Ya, that's the one...), ridiculous as it is, keeps playing over in Alana's mind. Something is not right, she's not certain what, let alone the how, and it's eating away at her. Speaking of eating, Alana is suspicious of the generous, perhaps overly generous, offer. Still, it appears that everyone eats from a common pool, so its rather unlikely that the food has been tampered with. Naturally, that doesn't stop Alana from inspecting the fruit bowl to ensure that there's nothing fishy going on. With due diligence, she selects a piece of fruit and presses her back up against a wall, trying to blend in. From here, she can keep an eye on everyone and nobody can sneak up on her; she is still feeling uncomfortable from the way that one soldier leered at her.

I hope the others are fast eaters, I want to get out of here. I hardly know any of them, but I have no inclination to leave here alone.

shugyosha
2012-06-27, 09:32 AM
Ryhan

He was surprised at the variety of food they served. It was much better than when he served. I grabbed some soup, bread, eggs and fruit.

Sitting next to the other dislocated journeyers he asks, "So, what do you think?"

Chained Birds
2012-06-27, 11:01 AM
Johney

"I think we should head out away from here as soon as possible. Best to stay in a group too, just until we think we can understand this world and how to get by alone."

stanleyindraven
2012-06-28, 07:04 AM
"Here, here," Jorun agrees as he stuffs his face quickly.

shugyosha
2012-06-28, 09:13 AM
Ryhan

The archer nods, not necessarily in agreement, but nods no the less. He turns to the last of the four to hear her opinion.

Ralasha
2012-06-30, 04:31 PM
A loud noise rings out from outside and the repetitive banging of war drums is heard from off in the distance.

Chained Birds
2012-06-30, 04:36 PM
Johney

"Oh... that sound does not fill me with much hope today..."

Johney peers outside to see what all the drumming is all about.

Ralasha
2012-06-30, 04:41 PM
You cannot tell what direction the drum beats are coming from from inside. Though the distance does seem to be closing and they are still faint, though unmistakable.

Chained Birds
2012-06-30, 07:28 PM
Johney

Johney approaches one of the men in the room,

"Excuse Heroic looking sir, but can you tell me what all that Drumming is about?"

Ralasha
2012-06-30, 07:34 PM
The man just looks at you oddly, shakes his head and walks away muttering something about stupid barbarians and their strange speech and his horrible luck with more barbarians coming.

Chained Birds
2012-06-30, 08:01 PM
Johney

"How very unheroic. Hmm, guess I could find those guys from earlier. They were fairly nice, though a little bloodthirsty..."

Johney will attempt to find one of those two guys he first met and will ask them the same question.

Ralasha
2012-06-30, 09:54 PM
You go to the barracks and find them up and getting re-equipped. Looking very annoyed.

Chained Birds
2012-06-30, 10:00 PM
Johney

"Greetings, remember me? I was just curious about the meaning of the drums outside?"

Ralasha
2012-06-30, 10:03 PM
"Enemies most likely... Could be a wandering band of demons or the like though."

Chained Birds
2012-06-30, 10:15 PM
Johney

"...Thank You..."

Johney says almost nervously, visually shaking as he heads back to his group. Placing both hands on his group's table, he lifts his head up at the other three with a huge grin across his face.

"Hehehe, we've got Demons! DEMONS!"

Striking a pose with his fist striking at the heavens.

"Oh I do like where we've ended up now. Actual incarnates of evil for us to strike at with our fists of Justice. And we have no way to avoid it either. Doesn't that fill you with Heroic Courage!"

Ralasha
2012-06-30, 10:17 PM
Two men quickly bust through, out the door and around the side.

A moment later they rush out to the road and race away in opposite directions.

Voice of Reason
2012-07-01, 12:54 AM
Alana

No, no not really. It fills me with "why weren't we out of here ten minutes ago?" I'm not exactly enthusiastic about this at all, and that vote of confidence

Alana jerks her thumb in the direction of the two fleeing soldiers

Isn't exactly helping.

Ralasha
2012-07-01, 01:02 AM
The commander of the guard comes from the barracks, fully geared. "They aren't fleeing, they are reporting to the next posts. Then those posts will dispatch men. then the next post, and finally all of the posts 10 in each direction will know. And all posts will have their original men back. It is a way of informing all men of incoming trouble, and allowing us time to muster, and gather our forces." He sits on one of the chairs with a cup of wine and a bowl of gruel and raisins.

stanleyindraven
2012-07-02, 06:59 AM
"And we have time for this," Jorun asks before standing and pullinghis weapon to his side.

Ralasha
2012-07-02, 09:18 AM
"You will find that war, and battle both begin in the mind. If you can break a man's spirit then you have won. Whether or not we have the time to muster our forces is not as important as trying, but you're no general, nor even any kind of real warrior, so I shouldn't expect you to know." He heads outside and hop/swings up onto the roof.

shugyosha
2012-07-02, 09:42 AM
Ryhan

Ryhan rolls his eyes at the sound of the drum beats. He quickly finishes his food and ends what he thought would be a quiet and peaceful meal.

He is about to get up when Johney returns muttering something about demons. Ryhan slows his pace give himself more time to chew as he watched how these men handled what was going on.

He recognized the runners and wondered if the choose not use use signal horns or just never thought of using them. Runners did have some advantages but he firmly believed that their disadvantages outweighed them.

Finally he heard the arrogant rebuke by the officer.

Rhyan just looked across the table and asked Jorun, "If you are not a general what are you?"

Ralasha
2012-07-02, 09:53 AM
from outside can be heard a barely audible voice responding 'my superiors would think you an idiot'.

stanleyindraven
2012-07-02, 10:33 AM
"A survivor," Jorun answers shortly. "Let us meet this coming threat."

stanleyindraven
2012-07-02, 10:36 AM
"A survivor," Jorun answers shortly. "Let us meet this coming threat."

Chained Birds
2012-07-02, 01:37 PM
Johney

"I like your guys' spirit. Oh... If I didn't introduce myself earlier, I'm Johney, Hero of Justice! My goal is to be remembered for my Heroic deeds, even if I have to start with saving cats from trees."

The teen has a very determined look on his face.

Voice of Reason
2012-07-02, 09:04 PM
Alana

If you were to ask me, generally "survivors" don't go running into trouble. Generally they're the mousey little guys running in the opposite direction, because they've got their priorities straight. But I digress; my priorities aren't exactly straight either.

Alana begins rummaging around in her pack, apparently taking a quick inventory. She unstraps several of her belt pouches and withdraws several vials of viscous fluid and other various odds and ends; she quickly re-stashes them, apparently satisfied. During this time, Alanan overhears Johney's enthusiasm.

Yes Johney, I remember. I couldn't help but overhear you talking to the other gentleman last night

A deaf man could have overheard him... she thinks sarcastically. She tries not to let Johney hear it in her voice.

and I want you to listen to me very carefully. I've had to clean up after a few bloody squabbles before, and it's not as pretty as the bards make it sound. You're a young man, and I'd hate to have to be responsible for stitching you back together, so we need to be smart about this.

Alana moves towards the door.

Let's go outside, if you all refuse to leave, and maybe see what we're facing. Let's not get ahead of ourselves here. Whoever these people here are, they're clearly professionals. We should let them do their job, ok?

Chained Birds
2012-07-02, 11:25 PM
Johney

"But heros must slay demons and stuff to prove they are heros... Maybe jumping into battle might be a bad thing too."

Johney frustratingly ponders for a moment, before following Alana with great vigor.

"Heros also have to protect maidens in distress. So how about I fight those who cause you distress or immanent danger. Ya, tht works too."

stanleyindraven
2012-07-03, 07:01 AM
"Something tells me that won't be neccissary. But yes, survivors do get a bad reputation for running, I don't," Jorun responds.

Voice of Reason
2012-07-03, 08:28 AM
Alana

Alana smiles

Yes, Johney, I think that would be alright.

Good. The closer he is to me, the easier it will be to keep him out of trouble

Alana, just barely, manages to suppress a joke about how the door distresses her, and clearly someone else ought to be opening it. She walks outside.

shugyosha
2012-07-03, 09:03 AM
Ryhan

He finishes he meal, finally, and watches the others bond. Putting down his bowl he follows the others out.

ninthbit
2012-07-05, 09:25 PM
Coming from the direction of the latrine a humongous man towering over seven and half feet approaches the area. He's caring two swords tucked under his left arm as he adjusts his garments and breast plate.

He address the mess crew kindly. Thank you again sir. The food was delicious. He looks to the fruit and ask Those apples look good... do you mind if I take a few sir... for later? He speaks slowly as if to make sure he doesn't offend the low-rank soldier.

Ralasha
2012-07-05, 09:29 PM
The soldier is paying little mind at the moment and merely waves permission politely, while keeping his head cocked in concentration. Apparently listening.

Chained Birds
2012-07-05, 10:19 PM
Johney

Johney looks around the area with added attentiveness as though he were protecting a queen or a ruler. He starts checking random bushes and climbs the local trees to find any assassins that might be lying in wait.

Spot: [roll0]
Listen: [roll1]

Ralasha
2012-07-05, 10:20 PM
You hear many things, such as the rush of feet towards this post, from both directions along the road. This post will apparently be acting as the rendezvous.

Chained Birds
2012-07-05, 10:27 PM
Johney

"Hmm, seems like there are people coming here... Whether they be friend or foe is another thing. I'm hoping it's a foe so I can prove myself to you guys! Just don't blink once my awesomeness starts kicking in!"

Johney continues to jump around, mime fighting invisible foes.

Voice of Reason
2012-07-05, 10:33 PM
Alana

Alana resigns herself to waiting. There is little more she can do to prepare for what is coming, at least not without possibly drawing concern from the soldiers in the area. Alana finds a vantage point where she can keep an eye on the new guy (goodness, he's HUGE!) while scoping out the strength of the "defending" forces. She tries to get an idea of how many supposedly friendly soldiers are around. While she's at it, she takes a good look at the giant when she thinks he's not looking to make sure he's not on stilts!

Spot Check - [roll0]

Ralasha
2012-07-05, 10:45 PM
He's not on stilts. Though he does remind of you certain legendary creatures, and people. Impossibly tall... or so you thought.

The number of soldiers in sight varies from time to time, with there being two shifts worth of them here at the moment. The drumming continues to grow louder, it is within a couple of miles now. Some kind of strange horns can be heard now too.

ninthbit
2012-07-05, 11:45 PM
Kordun, finally noticing that there's a commotion about him, Is there something going on? Does anyone need any help?

shugyosha
2012-07-06, 08:59 AM
Ryhan

He smiles at Johney's antics. His enthusiasm reminded him of himself a decade ago.

He spots the rather large man coming from the mess. "So you part of this army or a guest like us?" he asks.

ninthbit
2012-07-06, 11:37 AM
He turns his head in confusion about the question. I guess I’m a guest? Asking more than answering. Yesterday I found this place and it seemed a better place to sleep then outside. This morning I woke up and you all were sleeping around me. I didn’t want to wake you, but I had to… He pauses for a second from the embarrassment of having to say it I had to make water... you know? Then he nods in the direction of the latrines. When I came outside, these nice fellows gave me a delicious warm meal. He smiles and laughs a little while continuing Well then I had to make some bread for that water. Then you all woke up and here we are. I think todays going to be a good day. He takes a deep breath of the fresh air, then finishes lashing his two swords cross body on his back.

Ralasha
2012-07-08, 09:32 PM
As the party stands about gossiping a horn sounds nearby and the commander upon the roof looks down at the group from the edge. "I don't suppose you would mind running an errand? One of the stations has yet to reply, and we need to know what happened to them."

Chained Birds
2012-07-08, 10:49 PM
Johney

"Well, I don't really see a more productive option. What say you my fellow allies of justice?"

shugyosha
2012-07-09, 09:25 AM
Ryhan

Although he found unusual that they would ask civilians to do their work, it was a way to get out of here. "Sure," he says, "Which way is it?"

ninthbit
2012-07-09, 09:33 AM
You all were kind enough to share your food. I would be happy to help.

Ralasha
2012-07-09, 09:42 PM
The commander points slightly off track of the road. "Also, there's a horse we found nearby, guessing it belongs to one of you."

shugyosha
2012-07-10, 10:36 AM
Ryhan

The horse wasn't his, but it didn't matter. "Let's go."

stanleyindraven
2012-07-10, 10:40 AM
As the others start to walk off Jorun finally notices and goes to join them. "Well, they are probably all dead already, so, ambush it is," he says in a smug voice of despair.

ninthbit
2012-07-10, 11:19 PM
If people are hurting our friends, then we can hurt them back.

Voice of Reason
2012-07-11, 12:43 AM
Alana

Oh, there you are, big guy!

Alana hustles over to the horse and grabs hold of him before he can somehow pull another disappearing act.

And here I thought I'd gone and lost you this time.

She turns to the commander on the roof.

Thank you, sir. I don't know if I could have undertaken this task without knowing what had happened to him. Besides, I'm quite sure I don't have the endurance or the

She glances sideways at Kordun

...stride of the others. So long as this rendevous point isn't in the direction of certain death, I'm sure I can go a bit out of my way to relay a message for you.

Alana begins checking over the horse, ensuring that everything is still on right and that the straps are tight. Satisfied, she climbs on and grabs the reigns.

Tell me where we ought to go, and we shall depart.

Ralasha
2012-07-11, 12:46 AM
"By road it's roughly 10 miles, but if you cut northeast it will only be about 6." He points off through the trees.
"The horse might help a bit, but be careful of holes. Wouldn't want it to break a leg." Hope you have the ride skill.

Voice of Reason
2012-07-11, 01:06 AM
Very well, then.

Alana sets foot to horse and begins moving.

Ralasha
2012-07-11, 02:56 AM
The group starts out. Ride check, after you enter the forest. Listen and spot checks please.

Chained Birds
2012-07-11, 06:06 AM
Johney

The young man tries to focus his attention on potential evil threats. Though neutral threats can be dangerous too.

Spot: [roll0]
Listen: [roll1]

stanleyindraven
2012-07-11, 07:08 AM
"Through the woods it is," Jorun says.

Listen [roll0]
Spot [roll1]

Voice of Reason
2012-07-11, 08:19 AM
Alana

Ride Check - [roll0] EDIT: Actually 23, see OOC thread
Listen Check - [roll1]
Spot Check - [roll2]

shugyosha
2012-07-11, 09:07 AM
Ryhan

Ryhan moved with the group keeping an eye out for anything unusual.

Spot
[roll0]
Listen
[roll1]

ninthbit
2012-07-11, 12:01 PM
Kordun

I don't like forests. I usually find bad people hiding in them.

Spot [roll0]
Listen [roll1]

Chained Birds
2012-07-11, 12:39 PM
Johney

"I personally enjoy them. So many things you can climb, not to mention the beetles. Beetles have great symbolism to Heroes and performing Heroic Deeds (From what I've Read)."

Ralasha
2012-07-11, 06:37 PM
All of you aside from alana are too busy yapping to hear anything.

Voice of Reason
2012-07-11, 08:51 PM
Alana

Trying to act casually, Alana leans over and whispers to Johney

Don't act alarmed...or excited...but we're not alone; I heard giggling. Let the others know.

OOC

Sorry for the short post; I've got an appointment I have to make, but I felt like I needed something here considering Alana way the only one who heard anything =)

Chained Birds
2012-07-11, 09:43 PM
Johney

Whispering back to Alana.

"In which direction and how far away?"

Voice of Reason
2012-07-11, 11:33 PM
Alana

Directly ahead of us, as far as I can tell. Probably someone hiding somewhere up ahead. I am not sure if it is to our benefit to let them know we're on to them, or if perhaps we need a better vantage point. Perhaps we can avoid them all together by taking the long way around.

Ralasha
2012-07-11, 11:34 PM
((Giggling is apparently malicious behavior.)) All of you here tiny voices giggling now. Spot checks once again please.

Voice of Reason
2012-07-11, 11:49 PM
Giggling is most certainly malicious behavior! I'll have you know that some of the worst atrocities committed the world over have started with maniacal giggling. There's, uh, that one thing...and the other bit, sometime later, that was totally a thing!

[roll0]

Ralasha
2012-07-11, 11:52 PM
@The VoiceYou see a green haired, green eyed, green skinned (but otherwise human looking) woman perring at you through the leaves, and several tiny glowing naked people. Watching the group. Though the woman appears to be concentrating her attention on the male members of the party. They are obviously the people guilty of giggling.

shugyosha
2012-07-12, 12:15 AM
Ryhan

Ryhan looks at the direction that Alana pointed. Moving obliquely he hopes to get around to a better vantage point.

[roll0] spot

Ralasha
2012-07-12, 12:21 AM
You spot the tiny glowing people.

ninthbit
2012-07-12, 09:25 AM
Hearing giggles from the woods, Kordun looks up from the ladybug he had been playing with on his arm.
spot: [roll0]

Chained Birds
2012-07-12, 09:36 AM
Johney

"This giggling is annoying.

Come Forth Giggling Fools! Show yourselves!"

Johney yells out towards the sounds and where everyone is looking.

ninthbit
2012-07-12, 09:48 AM
Kordun addresses Johney, Hey now... there's no need for name calling. Nobody here has hurt you, why are you trying to hurt them?

He then appoligizes to the woods and anounces himself.
Hello!! I'm sorry about my friend. He doesn't mean any harm. We're just passing through. From all the giggling, it sounds like you're having fun. My name is Kordun. What's ya'lls?

stanleyindraven
2012-07-12, 10:10 AM
Oblivious to all activity that has preceeded the shouting, Jorun looks at his companions with a startled look. "What?!"

shugyosha
2012-07-12, 10:39 AM
Ryhan

He stoops to get a better look. "Hello there, who are you folks?"

Ralasha
2012-07-12, 03:16 PM
An apparently naked, completely green (colored) young woman drops from the tree, vines wrapping about her to form some kind of shimmering toga as she descends to the ground. "Why are you staring at my tree?" Several pixy like creatures float down and flit around her, and the party members. Giggling as they do so. "I am Altheria. The Alsea of this grove."

ninthbit
2012-07-12, 04:08 PM
Kordun smiles in amazement. See... nothing to get in a fuss and start calling names about. Its just a bunch of pretty ladies. Completely oblivious to how dangerous the situation may actually be.

Ralasha
2012-07-12, 04:11 PM
The pixies all giggle at the compliment and start flitting about Kordun more than not. "Come with us." and "Want to see our home?" and "What's your name?" and "My, but you're big aren't you?" etc are spoken to kordun in a quick succession, as they begin tugging him closer to the tree. The green woman however, is suddenly found to be sitting on the horse in front of alana, and looking her in the eyes the head cocked slightly. "Please, don't come any closer to my tree. I don't like fire."

ninthbit
2012-07-12, 04:41 PM
Smiling that the pixies like him. Wow, you all talk fast. Well, I just said my name a second ago , its Kordun. But many or my friends call me K. And I'm sorry, but i can't go to your home right now. I need to check on some people for a friend. Maybe on my way back?

Ralasha
2012-07-12, 04:44 PM
"Awe, you're no fun."
"Where ya goin?"
"Promise?"
"It'll be lots of fun!"
"Kordun, that's a funny name."
"He looks like Ajax."
"Don't be silly, only a little."
"Ajax was smarter too."
lots of giggles.

Chained Birds
2012-07-12, 06:03 PM
Johney

"The more things change, the more they stay the same. I guess this world isn't too different from our previous... Well at least my previous world."

Johney kicks a rock in the corner.

"Still can't find evil stuff to defeat in the name of Justice... Alana, do you know what these things are? I mean, you look smart being a normal girl and all."

Johney seems to be unusually mopey all of a sudden, drawing heroic figures in the ground with a stick.

Ralasha
2012-07-12, 06:10 PM
A single pixie flit over to Ryhan. "Don't you know it's polite to introduce yourself first when you walk into someone else's home?"

A few more pixies come from the tree and start teasing Johnny. "Awe, poor little hero boy... too bad he's not too bright, it isn't hard to find if you look for it."
"That's only if you're smart enough to look."
"You also have to know where to look."
"Theres some bad people on the other side of the woods here."
"Yeah, they're tryin to kill our friends."
"Yeah, you should stop them, they're bad!"
"Yeah! We know a shortcut!"
All in unison: "Yeah, a shortcut!"

The green woman is suddenly standing in front of her tree, and op[ens what looks very much like a door. Through which the pixies flit.

Chained Birds
2012-07-12, 06:22 PM
Johney

"...Really?"

He stands up and dusts himself off.

"I might not be smart, but I know not to just trust people who tell me what I want to hear. Now explain, why are these 'evil' people harming you, and in what way?"

Sense Motive: [roll0]

Ralasha
2012-07-12, 06:26 PM
"They aren't hurting us. They're hurting our friends you big dummy!"
"I think we should just leave the crybaby alone."
"Yeah, he's just a big dumb crybaby."
"Yeah, he couldn't help anyway."
"Yeah, look at the crybaby!"
"Yeah! Dumb crybaby!"
"Doesn't even trust people trying to help him!"
"He's so dumb!"

They leave Johnny alone after that, though they still talk randomly in high quick excited voices to everyone else as they flit around picking at hair and clothes and armor curiously.

Chained Birds
2012-07-12, 06:54 PM
Johney

"Hey, don't be saying such hurtful things to people you hardly know. What if we said hurtful things to you? How would you feel about that?!"

Johney is now a bit annoyed and flustered by all this. He then turns his attention to the green-skinned woman.

"And you!... Why are you naked?..."

Ralasha
2012-07-12, 06:59 PM
She blinks. "I'm not naked." she twirls in her fine greenery. "Pixies are funny like that though." She gives them a sideways glance. "They act like children. Often drawing silly things in the dirt. They probably don't mean anything by it." She closes the door. "They are right though. You're awful suspicious of people for no reason. You can walk, just get away from my tree. You aren't welcome here after being so hostile. Shoo. The rest of you can use my shortcut if you'd like though. Just not the rude one." She points at johnny.

Voice of Reason
2012-07-12, 09:42 PM
Alana

Alana tries, poorly, to hide her immense surprise at the green woman's audacity at joining her on her mount. That, and the manner in which she got there in the first place.

I assure you, I have no intentions of burning anything down.

...yet.

Besides, a tree that size would take some serious effort to do permanent damage. No need to worry though, all the dangerous stuff is well packed so it won't just fall out of it's holdings. See? I've got the 'fire' over here

she pats a padded pocket on her belt.

And the chemical torches over here, and the weedkiller over here, and the unstable reactants over here and...um...

Alana becomes increasingly aware of just how much tree-harming material she's packing.

...I think I can understand why you were nervous, but it's all quite safe, I assure you. Well-secured.

Her breath comes out in an audible sigh of relief as Altheria takes her distance.

I think perhaps we should "start over." I am Alana, a traveling herbalist. I must confess

Alana's eyebrows knit together in a puzzled look.

That I have never heard of an Alsea. Is that something that you do? I am not certain that we are in such a rush as to need to take a second shortcut, but this is very intriguing to me. This one

She gestures to Johney

flatters me, but in truth I am afraid that I know little about these matters. My knowledge of the wild places is limited to, at best, medicinal herbs.

Ralasha
2012-07-12, 09:45 PM
"Oh, you like herbs? I trade them with our friends, though they usually ask me for specific things... and usually only when one of them gets sick."

Chained Birds
2012-07-12, 09:45 PM
Johney

"Huh? How was I hostile? Suspicious yes, but hostile?

I only show aggression towards those who actively seek to perform evil acts and who attempt to deceive others... and you did just say those Pixie(?) folks like playing tricks on people. So it is kind of hard to trust someone that even their friends call a trickster."

He then thinks about his words a bit,

"But not to say I just go around attacking anyone who tries to be tricky or use tactics to beguile people... if I did that I would end up having an even longer record. I'm just saying, it's not wise to just trust everyone's word, unless you've partied with them for a night or something along those lines."

Johney gives a thumbs-up to his group.

Ralasha
2012-07-12, 09:50 PM
((Alana, roll any knowledges you have please before assuming you know nothing.))

Voice of Reason
2012-07-12, 09:55 PM
The only Knowledge skill I have points in is Religion. I'd have loved to have spent more, but I also needed to fill the "spot/listen/search" and "disable device" portion of the party's skill focus. I can still make checks for common knowledge of DC 10 or lower, though, I suppose.

Religion - [roll0]
Nature (common knowledge) - [roll1] [edit: therefore, 10]
Arcana (common knowledge) - [roll2] [edit: therefore, 10]

Ralasha
2012-07-12, 09:57 PM
((Religion should cover it, since for your character it would be greek/roman religion. Which would be academic.)) It's a type of nymph, similar to a dryad, but this type watches over groves, and dales instead of individual trees.

shugyosha
2012-07-12, 11:13 PM
Ryhan

A single pixie flit over to Ryhan. "Don't you know it's polite to introduce yourself first when you walk into someone else's home?"
A few more pixies come from the tree and start teasing Johnny. "Awe, poor little hero boy... too bad he's not too bright, it isn't hard to find if you look for it."
"That's only if you're smart enough to look."
"You also have to know where to look."
"Theres some bad people on the other side of the woods here."
"Yeah, they're tryin to kill our friends."
"Yeah, you should stop them, they're bad!"
"Yeah! We know a shortcut!"
All in unison: "Yeah, a shortcut!"

The green woman is suddenly standing in front of her tree, and op[ens what looks very much like a door. Through which the pixies flit.

"My name is Ryhan. So who are your friends?"

Ralasha
2012-07-12, 11:14 PM
"The people in the stone hills."

shugyosha
2012-07-13, 12:10 AM
Ryhan

"And who is attacking? What do they look like and what are they armed with?"

Ralasha
2012-07-13, 12:22 AM
"They look scary!"
The next pixie looks over at the other one as a man might look at a fool. "Primitive brutes. Sure they have swords, and some kind of armor that wouldn't even stand up to my lance... but I'm not going there, there are far more of them than there are of us. And they have our friends stuck inside of the fake stone hill of theirs."

stanleyindraven
2012-07-13, 08:27 AM
"Guessing that would be the tower we are going to, and a shortcut would be nice. I don't believe I have ever met magical creatures before but they do appear friendly. I think we should get where we need to quickly, something bad is happening and we can help," Jorun says as he seems to finally notice and be paying attention to the current activities. He looks at the door in the tree with a concerned look.

ninthbit
2012-07-13, 09:11 AM
You aren't welcome here after being so hostile. Shoo. The rest of you can use my shortcut if you'd like though. Just not the rude one." She points at johnny.

Thanks for the offer, but we can't leave him in the wood by himself. He's just a boy. We'll just go the way we were.

Chained Birds
2012-07-13, 12:22 PM
Johney

"While I'm a bit prideful, I'll appologize for my accusations for today.

I'm very sorry for offending you and your friends with my behavior. I didn't mean to sound or behave like a jerk."

He bows ernestly, yet slightly hesitantly.

"I wish not to burden the group, so may I travel with them through your shortcut? Please?"

Ralasha
2012-07-13, 02:47 PM
"No, you can walk. Lessons are best learned the hard way."

Chained Birds
2012-07-13, 03:06 PM
Johney

"Would the lesson be that you should believe in others? So does not allowing me to pass after I apologized, defeat the purpose of teaching me a lesson?"

Johney gives the forest folk a confused look.

Ralasha
2012-07-13, 03:08 PM
"The lesson would be not to judge others unjustly. The walking is just to satisfy us."
"We have pride too you know."

Chained Birds
2012-07-13, 04:17 PM
Johney

"It might be my age speaking here, but I don't get what you are trying to teach me. Either way, being indebted to fickle people is very dangerous.

I'll meet with the rest of you guys after my... Walk..."

Johney approaches Alana,

"Don't threat, you've got everyone else here to protect you. You are in no need of my Heroics at this moment, but take care anyways."

Johney waves to everyone and begins to wander back unto their original path; before his group was interrupted by the giggling and nakedness.

Ralasha
2012-07-13, 04:18 PM
"And there you go being insulting and judgmental again."
"Some people never learn."

ninthbit
2012-07-13, 04:37 PM
Hey I'm coming too. Kordun calls to Johney. I'm sorry about all the hassle. I would like to see your home someday, but he's just a boy. I need to go with him. Then kordun goes tromping over to Johney. Hi. he greets with a smile as they go walking off.

stanleyindraven
2012-07-16, 08:11 AM
"Now is not the time to separate. Thank you for your generous offer but I will take the long way. Perhaps next time," Jorun says as he takes a bow and follows the others.

Chained Birds
2012-07-16, 09:02 AM
Johney

"Hey guys. Thanks for coming along, but I think the majority of you guys should stay with Alana. I don't want something bad to happen to the person I said I would protect. If she chooses to take the shortcut, you two should follow with her; I'll be fine on my own."

Johney starts looking at a tree near him and ponders whether it would annoy the forest idiots if he jump kicked it. Though he shakes his head at the idea.

shugyosha
2012-07-16, 09:48 AM
Ryhan

Obliged by the short cut Rhyan says "Thank you, I hope we can help your friends."

Ralasha
2012-07-17, 06:11 PM
"You're most welcome."

Survival checks! (For navigational purposes.)

Chained Birds
2012-07-17, 10:00 PM
Johney

The teen tries his hand at navigating through the forest trails to reach the desired destination. Success or failure, he feels confident in not using the shortcut presented to him as he'll gain new experiences going down the harder path.

Survival Rolls in the OOC: [21]

Ralasha
2012-07-17, 10:01 PM
(Waiting for parties decisions, and actions.)

shugyosha
2012-07-17, 10:10 PM
Ryhan

It took all his self control not to swat them away as they flew around. It was just something he wasn't used to. Inwardly he relaxed himself as the played with his hair.

He took to the the short cut but wondered why they weren't going to help him navigate it.

[roll0] survival

stanleyindraven
2012-07-18, 07:07 AM
Jorun will attempt to navigate the terrain. Survival [roll0]

ninthbit
2012-07-18, 09:06 AM
Kordun is going with Johney

ninthbit
2012-07-24, 09:50 PM
Kordun breaks the silence of the walk, Is it just me or is this trail REALLY long? Feels like it's been a week and it was only supposed to take a few hours.

stanleyindraven
2012-07-25, 06:51 AM
"Walks in the woods often feel that way," Jorun replies.

ninthbit
2012-07-25, 09:50 AM
Addressing Johney, You know... Maybe you should be nicer to people in the future. Nice things happen to nice people.

Voice of Reason
2012-07-25, 12:25 PM
Alana

Alana is worried about the state that Johney is leaving in; it's obvious that his ego has taken a massive blow. He was in good company, at least: nobody would dare tangle with him as long as the monstrosity that is Kordun is around. It would seem prudent, though, to keep them all together, but sine Ryhan seems dead-set on the notion of taking the so-called "short-cut," perhaps, Alana reasons, it would be best to go with him. She is not altogether dismissive of the same kind of unease that Johney shared, and in any case, it seems good policy to travel at least in pairs.

If the others should be fine without my services, I should like to see this shortcut of yours. Perhaps we can talk some business on the way? I do have a wide selection of herbal goods, and I am intrigued by these medicinal herbs you have spoken of...

Chained Birds
2012-07-25, 05:29 PM
Addressing Johney, You know... Maybe you should be nicer to people in the future. Nice things happen to nice people.

"Well, I was always told to doubt people. If you are able to doubt people, you are at least attempting to learn who they are. Trusting people for no reason is even more insulting than believing them to lie.
It is something my master told me, be she had to leave. I always felt I was missing something about what she was trying to teach me. Maybe I'll figure it out one day..."

Johney seems a lot calmer after reminiscing about his master.

Ralasha
2012-07-26, 03:05 PM
"I won't be following you through, but we can always converse if you choose to return this way later." The woman leads you to the door. "He's been over there for only a little while. You're friends will meet you on the other side of the woods."

Ralasha
2012-08-04, 10:22 PM
Listen and spot checks from the walking party please.

ninthbit
2012-08-04, 11:06 PM
Kordun wonders down the trail staring off and thinking of fluffy animals.
Listen: [roll0]
Spot: [roll1]

Ralasha
2012-08-04, 11:10 PM
Indeed he does, but the others still need to make spot and listen checks. You probably should have sent someone else with him through the door since the alchemist actually had a decent listen.

Chained Birds
2012-08-05, 09:29 AM
Johney

Pondering to himself about everything that has happened, he is actually worried about what might be happening to the other two who decided to take the shortcut.

Listen: [roll0]
Spot: [roll1]

stanleyindraven
2012-08-05, 11:22 AM
SPot and Listen Right?
[roll0] spot
[roll1] listen

Ralasha
2012-08-13, 04:17 PM
Alright... Johnny managed to hear something crashing through the trees (a very long ways off) right towards the group.

Chained Birds
2012-08-13, 05:40 PM
Johney

"Everyone, something approaches. It sounds heavy so should move away from the path to avoid any damage... I do hope this isn't another one of those magical things."

Johney will then jump to the trees and climb them.

Jump Check: [roll0]
Climb Check: [roll1]

Edit: Man, the forum die does not like me today...

Ralasha
2012-08-13, 08:03 PM
Johny Jumps grabs a branch, swings in a most dramatic manner, slips, and lands flat on his back. Knocking the wind right out of him just before a very big boar charges into the area with a very strange looking (humanoid?) on it's back... going in the same direction. The entire party can now hear more of them on their way in the same direction.

REFLEX SAVES
(dramatic lettering)

go faster

Chained Birds
2012-08-13, 08:11 PM
Johney

"...darn."

Reflex Save: [roll0]

Ralasha
2012-08-13, 08:14 PM
Johny gets stepped on as the boar runs through. He takes [roll0] point of pain! (I mean damage.)

Chained Birds
2012-08-13, 08:49 PM
Johney

"Ouch... Okay! Who are you people!"

He says as he gets up.

Ralasha
2012-08-13, 08:50 PM
Both the boar and it's rider ignore you, and have continued to move in the same direction.

(We now have to wait for the others to make their reflex saves, since I'm assuming you were not 10 feet apart from each other)

ninthbit
2012-08-13, 10:01 PM
Kordun deftly side steps the beast and positions himself to block any further charge on Johney as he rises.

Ref: [roll0]

Ralasha
2012-08-13, 10:10 PM
Kordun dodges, and crouches as he prepares to grapple with sharply tusked beasts roughly thrice his size. Beasts capable of entering a form of barbarian-esque rage.

stanleyindraven
2012-08-14, 07:08 AM
hooray, Reflex save to the day [roll0]

Jorun will try to avoid getting trampled.

Ralasha
2012-08-14, 03:34 PM
And now.. for the second one... though I should point out again that these seem to be moving in the SAME DIRECTION as your destination. I guess you'll just have to pray to whatever gods you worship that the other two aren't where they wanted to be.

Now then... more of them are coming, reflex saves... and kordun, if you're going to try to block one you'll have to grapple it. Grapple check please.

Chained Birds
2012-08-14, 04:47 PM
Johney

Johney decides to jump out of the way and behind a tree as more approach.

Reflex Save: [roll0]
Jump: [roll1]

stanleyindraven
2012-08-15, 07:13 AM
Jorun will try dodging the oncoming boars and set his halberd against their charge.

ninthbit
2012-08-15, 08:16 AM
With Johney behind a tree, Kordun steps out, again dodging as another rider passes. He yells out to the riders, HEY!!! Mind the path, there are people out here!

Ref: [roll0]

!!|A|B|C|D|E|F|G|H|I|J
01|T| | | |T| | |^| |
02| | | | | | | | |T|
03| |T| | | | | | | |
04| | | | | | | |T| |
05| | | |J| | | | | |
06| | | |T|K| | | | |
07|T| | | | |N| | | |
08| | | | | | | |T| |
09| |T| | | | | | | |
10| | |*| |T| | | |T|

J=Johny, N=Jorun, K=Kordun
T=Tree ,^=Exit, *=Entry

Ralasha
2012-08-15, 02:25 PM
Jorun and Kordun magically manage to dodge the beasts, though the riders seem to ignore Kordun's complaints as they continue on their path.

Johny, meanwhile, is bravely hiding behind one of the larger trees.

He's brave Ser Johny. Ser Johny bravely fled!

Chained Birds
2012-08-15, 06:06 PM
Johney

Sometimes, it is wiser to flee than to take on an enemy far larger than you.

Johney thinks to himself.

"Guys, Good Luck! Show your Heroic Nature!"

ninthbit
2012-08-15, 10:17 PM
We can't expect them to share the path if they don't know we're here.

stanleyindraven
2012-08-16, 06:51 AM
"I don't plan on sharing the path if they intend to trample, we'll see if this gets their attention," Jorun says with his foot on the halberd.

Ralasha
2012-08-16, 02:52 PM
Jorun somehow manages to miss his target, as it moves right past him.

((Would have been funny if you had rolled a 20, and a 14... x3 damage. lol))