PDA

View Full Version : Smelling the smoke before seeing the fire - Changeling

the_common_man
2012-06-21, 08:41 PM
(ooc and here we go here is the new thread where we will be playing)
It's March 20th 2012 some time around dawn (at least your pretty sure it's dawn the hedge dosen't really obey day night cycles.) And most of you are hung over, a duchess of spring threw the freehold a party because she found her dughter and a good time was had by all who enjoy a raunchy and wild party. While you would appreciate sleeping the child with a jack hammer that seems intent on busting out of your skull the hedg rooster (at least you hope it's a rooster). Those of you who wake up, do so in your designated corner your Monty's hollow.

(OOC I'm going to leave this game day for you guys to familiarize your self with the freehold and pick up some jobs)
The Common man

dancrilis
2012-06-22, 12:48 PM
Mary woke with a splitting headache, ok, whisky mixed with port, topped up with vodka and redbull was perhaps not a proper dinner, she thought miserably.

Reaching out for whoever she was with she was further disappointed to find she did not have a lover with her who could go fetch her some water and food, it was shaping up to be a bad day, she thought of the party she had had a tryst with someone ... who was it again, ah she couldn't remember and didn't much care, she miserable crawled out of bed, and dropped herself into a warm bath, soaking up the warm scented water and drinking from the glass of water nearby while occasionally eating some of the berries growing nearby.

Finally feeling better she examined herself in a full length mirror, since returning she found it much easier to stand on her toes the on the flat of her feet her long blond hair extended down her back with some flowers showing on some knotted strands, she eyes were a deep blue unnaturally so by human standards, and her proportions were also mildly inhuman, her frame to thin, her breasts seemingly defying gravity by being to perky, and a thousand other things that seemed to make her perfect but left her personally feeling that something was off whenever she examined herself for to long.

Feeling even worse after this exercise she dressed in a form fitting t-shirt and a skirt ending a few inches above her knee and went to have some breakfast cereal and tea and considering the others put on a fry for them, before walking the hollow to see of any of the others were up, and also checking the wards to the best of her admittedly limited ability.

GFawkes
2012-06-22, 03:01 PM
Tom wakes up in his bed, attempting to suppress the hangover. That's it. Next time we host something for the Spring Court, I'll be a good mile away, he thinks to himself as he gets into a grey shirt and pair of worn jeans. Grabbing a cigarette off of a nearby plant, he begins to explore the destruction caused by last nights festivities.

Meandering towards the kitchen, stepping over several piles of detritus, he runs into Mary. "Huh, guess you're really getting resilient against alcohol now. Thought you'd still be asleep right now."

kiriati
2012-06-22, 06:42 PM
Blaise couldn't decide which was worse: the pounding in her head, or the morning. They were both enemies of the hungover, and neither was very effective in making Blaise want to get up but, if she had to make the choice, she had to pick the morning as the one she hated the most. At least a headache could be cured with an aspirin--providing aspirin still worked on her. Who knows? she thought somewhat bitterly. It might burn up in my bloodstream before it actually gets to my head.

She'd crashed late the previous night in her own bed (thank god) after a blur of the drunken insanity that only alcohol could give her. Blaise didn't drink much; she didn't before her durance, and she certainly didn't after. But last night... Everyone had seemed liked they were having such a good time, why would she pass it up? Why would she risk becoming that girl--the one who never let loose or did anything fun? Those people were so boring, and Blaise hated being bored.

The sound of footsteps alerted her to the fact that she wasn't the first one awake. Still half-asleep, she panicked for an instant, thinking that something had gotten inside the hollow. That woke her up right away; then she started to think rationally and realized how silly and paranoid she was being. It was more likely that the others in the hollow were waking up themselves. With a half-hearted groan, Blaise pushed herself off the bed and stumbled towards the kitchen. She didn't bother changing, since she was still wearing her clothes from the party--jeans, a t-shirt and a jacket. The clothes weren't dirty yet, just wrinkled. She could squeeze another day out of them. Besides, she liked this shirt and didn't want to get scorch marks all over it by pulling it over her head.

"Morning," she mumbled, spotting Tom talking to Mary. "Do we have aspirin? Does aspirin work on...on...us?"

dancrilis
2012-06-23, 05:39 AM
Mary laughed lightly as Tom mentioned her drinking, "Hi Tom, I am a bit worse for wear, but practice makes perfect", looking Tom up and down "and to be fair, that applies to all other things also".
Noticing Blaise approach in the same clothes as the night before, she threw on a chipper smile "Morning Blaise, looks like you had a good night", gesturing towards the kitchen "I have a fry on which hopefully will brighten up the morning", walking up to the other woman "I think aspirin would work fine, alcohol seems to", shrugging "but I don't have any around", considering the other woman carefully she leaned in close "of course" she lowered her voice to a whisper and said coyly, "I hear that a release of endorphins will really help out with a hangover, and I am sure I could help you with that, if you like", her smile gleeful at the prospect to the other woman.

Considering her manners, she raised her voice for Tom to hear,"Of course if Tom here is feeling worse for wear as well, then you could help each other out in the same way", she winked at the elemental, while walking with the pair back to the kitchen.

Donan
2012-06-23, 07:19 AM
Something of a crash echoes through the Hollow as Robert stumbles out of his own bed, groaning and huffing smoke as he collects himself. Sheets of paper lie everywhere with various scrawled writings and drawings covering them. He tries to gather them up, but putting them into any sort of order or even understanding them proves impossible.

The Draconic just stares before he ambles into the kitchen, papers dropping everywhere and one floating dangerously near to the stove. "I.. this is.. I was writing about something, and.. it was important?

I don't understand it!" He winces at his own yell, clutching his head. "Not again, I won't again.. foolish.. ugh.."

dancrilis
2012-06-24, 11:57 AM
Entering the kitchen, "Hi Robert, how is the head" Mary asked in a cheerful voice, reaching out to grab the paper near the stove looking at it she sighed and handed it back "tut, tut working so early. Relax take a load off have some food and drink, you will feel better".

She dealt out food for those gathered and took a seat for a second helping, this time with a hot glass of port to further clear her head, tucking into some toast and scrambled eggs, "so what are the papers about anyway", she wasn't overly interested but always nice to have some conversation at breakfast.

Prinny Squad
2012-06-24, 12:00 PM
Alison rolled to get over bed as the sounds of chatter carried from the kitchen. She rubbed her eyes, having only slept a couple of hours after collapsing into bed, after back from the party. She hadn't drunk anything, but she had stayed up pretty late chatting to some of the more musically-minded people at there.
She threw on some trousers and a shirt and headed for the kitchen.

snusnumrik
2012-06-24, 05:39 PM
Jack always hated parties held by the Spring Court. Too much noise, not enough booze, and people aren't even able to manage the few drinks they take. He went to the party only because a job proposition was offered to him, but when Jack finally found the propositor, this one was completely drunk and was unable to speak about anything else except purple butterflies.
In the morning the Hallow was full of moans of people that doesn't know when to stop drinking. Jack finished his morning exercises and went to kitchen to others.

Prinny Squad
2012-06-25, 06:50 PM
Alison wandered into the kitchen, in dire need of some form of caffine, grunting an acknowledgement at the people already there. Finally locating some coffee, and preparing herself a cup, she started to feel a bit more alert.

"Goddamnm, I hate mornings."

dancrilis
2012-06-26, 02:56 PM
"Hi Alice, Jack" Mary stated cheerfully sipping her port, "breakfast is made, help yourselves. Smiling at the two, "any good stories from last night" she stated hoping for some entertainment.

She always knew that other people didn't know how to get over a hangover, but the mood in the hollow was a bit quite for her liking, so was thinking about heading into the city for an early bar, you couldn't even tease these people into a response.

Prinny Squad
2012-06-26, 04:07 PM
"Ugh, I wish. Instead some guy spent what felt like forever boring the hell out of me. Going on about classical music or something."
Alison took another drink from her coffee. "You?"

Donan
2012-06-26, 05:07 PM
Robert simply groaned in pain as he sat down with a thud in a chair, looking forlorn. "Coffee? I don't know what they say. I was dreaming.. or, thinking.. crystal trees.. writhing, trapped light.."

He trails off into disjointed mumblings.

dancrilis
2012-06-27, 07:04 PM
Looking at Alison "Aww, that is so sweet", smiling gently "you probably said you were into music and he started trying to woo you wit his knowledge on the finer parts of the subject, it is so cute", her smile turning more playfully "you should probably have educated him a bit, you might have had a better night".

"My own stories, well ... I suppose letting you know that I think I slept with someone and I cannot or the life of me remember who might count, honestly I was plastered and I can't even be sure it wasn't a dream but if they show up expect them to be somewhat disappointed at me not remembering who they are - they always are", shrugging, "of course if it was any of you please tell me so I can stop considering it", she smiled at the somewhat pleasant memory.

She rose from her seat and fetched Robert some coffee, "I am not a maid you know, some of us had to make our own way before everyone else woke up", she said playfully, "other then that it sounds like you could use some more drink, you are rambling".

Prinny Squad
2012-06-28, 04:04 PM
Smirking, Alison replied Sounds like a wild night. She glances briefly at Robert, confused by his ramblings before shrugging. "I did attempt to be polite and talk to him, but ugh! He was so...weasly. I almost wanted to just deck him"

the_common_man
2012-06-29, 01:00 AM
As one of you glances side long at the clock (it's not really a 'clock' persay it's more of a face whose mustash acts as the hands and every hour a bird burst out of its mouth and screams profanities... It's reeeeeally ****in creepy) while nibbiling on a peice of toast and- HOLY **** is that the time?! Ok looks like you slept in more then you should of probuly time to get moving if you've got a job or an appointment to reach.
(OOC ok let's get this **** started!)

GFawkes
2012-06-30, 01:02 AM
Tom rubs his eyes, then looks at the clock again. His cigarette loosens in his mouth. "Jeez, that late already? I'm late for work."

Heading for the Hollow door, he calls back to everyone else over his shoulder. "Might want to think about heading out yourselves. Just a thought." Exiting the Hollow, he emerges in the university bar's bathroom.

A few minutes later, he arrives at the institution's counseling offices, his home-away-from-home-away-from-home. He spent what time he could here, preferring to stay late and help more people than go out and socialize.

dancrilis
2012-07-01, 05:25 AM
"See you Tom I hope you manage to find some enjoyment in consoling all these easily led, impressionable, naive young students", Mary joked.
"Ah, Alison you should have made your intentions clear to the poor boy", leaning over the table to look the woman in the eye and grabbing her chin to hold her gaze, Mary dropped her voice a few octaves for affect, "shut up, kiss me" she held the gaze for a few second and then let go and playfully fell back to her seat her voice returning to normal, "he either would have got the message or panicked and ran, either way you would have had a better night".

"I don't really have anything to do today, want to go drinking/shopping are do you have plans?".

Prinny Squad
2012-07-03, 03:42 PM
"Hey, hey! Personal space! Jesus. And even if I did do that i wanted him to go away. Not stick around or get any other funny ideas.Alison sighed. "Anyway, sure I'll hang around. I don't have to go practice with the rest of the band today anyway."