PDA

View Full Version : Roleplaying a Werewolf Survivor

Tokuhara
2012-06-21, 08:51 PM
In a local LARP, I am a Half-Elf Bard who a few months back. I was attacked by werewolves and wasn't turned, but IG, I have scars from the attack. He Is laid back, but the attack hangs over his head. Any ideas y'all?

Maxios
2012-06-21, 08:57 PM
What about a severe phobia? Perhaps the attack made your guy extremely scared of dogs, wolves, or anything else with fur that barks?

Tokuhara
2012-06-21, 09:18 PM
What about a severe phobia? Perhaps the attack made your guy extremely scared of dogs, wolves, or anything else with fur that barks?

Won't come up. One of my co-players was attacked last month and changed. He still longs for the pack. I almost saw something like that, but maybe less severe. Thus far, I haven't found what the aftereffects of a werewolf attack would be.

Driderman
2012-06-22, 05:59 AM
Won't come up. One of my co-players was attacked last month and changed. He still longs for the pack. I almost saw something like that, but maybe less severe. Thus far, I haven't found what the aftereffects of a werewolf attack would be.

Your character might have a phobia of whatever circumstances he was attacked under (day, night, inside, outside, whatever) or possibly he's suffering from a manner of PTSD, possibly making him unable to cope with everyday responsibilities and might make him reach violently if surprised.
Alternately, he's convinced anyone could be a werewolf since he saw one shift and thus starting to become paranoid.

Tokuhara
2012-06-22, 10:11 AM
Your character might have a phobia of whatever circumstances he was attacked under (day, night, inside, outside, whatever) or possibly he's suffering from a manner of PTSD, possibly making him unable to cope with everyday responsibilities and might make him reach violently if surprised.
Alternately, he's convinced anyone could be a werewolf since he saw one shift and thus starting to become paranoid.

Maybe mild PTSD with voices in his head, beckoning him to join the pack.

leafman
2012-06-22, 11:15 AM
Is the player who was turned still in the group? You could have a fear of that player, even if your character doesn't know that the other character is or could turn into a werewolf, something about them reminds you of the night you were attacked.

Rustic Dude
2012-06-22, 11:40 AM
Kill dogs on sight. No chances. :smalltongue:

Tokuhara
2012-06-22, 12:57 PM
Is the player who was turned still in the group? You could have a fear of that player, even if your character doesn't know that the other character is or could turn into a werewolf, something about them reminds you of the night you were attacked.

He and I are clan-mates. In fact, we are now blood-brothers

Acanous
2012-06-23, 01:35 AM
carry a lot of silver?

Tokuhara
2012-06-23, 09:53 PM
carry a lot of silver?

Can't afford it. I'm level 1

Driderman
2012-06-25, 06:01 AM
Can't afford it. I'm level 1

Well, there's an opening for a story. Getting enough money to afford some form of silver.

Tokuhara
2012-06-25, 12:01 PM
Well, there's an opening for a story. Getting enough money to afford some form of silver.

How would the mild voices of the beast be played?

Aidan305
2012-06-25, 02:01 PM
Last time I was attacked by a werewolf in a LARP I ended up developing a nervousness of werewolves and a habit of informing everyone I meet to be careful of them and to know how to react if chased by one.

I'm tempted to get a LARP-safe roll of newspaper.

Tokuhara
2012-06-25, 02:47 PM
Last time I was attacked by a werewolf in a LARP I ended up developing a nervousness of werewolves and a habit of informing everyone I meet to be careful of them and to know how to react if chased by one.

I'm tempted to get a LARP-safe roll of newspaper.

Newspaper is always LARP-Safe. I'd be tempted to throw a stick and pray werewolves will chase the stick

Driderman
2012-06-25, 04:35 PM
How would the mild voices of the beast be played?

Please rephrase that question?

Tokuhara
2012-06-25, 05:27 PM
Please rephrase that question?

How would I roleplay the effects of hearing the sounds of the pack beckoning me. REALLY bad ADHD, or something more "savage"

The Glyphstone
2012-06-25, 06:36 PM
Have you talked with your DM/referee/storyteller/etc. about this yet? They'd be a better person to consult with than us, since they're the one who will be adjuncating your antics in future games.

Driderman
2012-06-25, 06:42 PM
How would I roleplay the effects of hearing the sounds of the pack beckoning me. REALLY bad ADHD, or something more "savage"

Well... many years ago I played an insane vampire, who heard voices. My gimmick was to get massively stoned and then take a short nap just before we started playing. That put me in just the right frame of mind to pretend to listen to imaginary voices coming from the walls and such. Not sure I'd recommend trying to emulate that particular method though :smalltongue:

But basically, try to act as if you're in two conversations at once, and one of them is uncomfortable somehow. Focus your attention elsewhere than your conversational partner, miss sentences, that sort of thing.

Tokuhara
2012-06-25, 08:39 PM
Well... many years ago I played an insane vampire, who heard voices. My gimmick was to get massively stoned and then take a short nap just before we started playing. That put me in just the right frame of mind to pretend to listen to imaginary voices coming from the walls and such. Not sure I'd recommend trying to emulate that particular method though :smalltongue:

But basically, try to act as if you're in two conversations at once, and one of them is uncomfortable somehow. Focus your attention elsewhere than your conversational partner, miss sentences, that sort of thing.

Thanks. That was brilliant