PDA

View Full Version : Warrior Priest of Sigmar- Pathfinder crossover help needed..

brother-kormak
2012-06-22, 09:15 AM
Greetings !!!

So i come here seeking some feedback .. *My GM is running a Pathfinder campaign, he is new to the system, not to gaming though..*

I am wanting to play a Warrior Priest of Sigmar type character, i currently and running him as a cleric for a war diety.. However i dont think it translates well to mimic the style of the Warrior Preist..*

Soo, i did a few searches for this exact topic via Google and found a few forum chats about using Paladin class as the best class to use to get the vibe of Sigmar's devout..*

Which of course i cant find for the life of me now that he has asked me to direct him to said linkages.. *So i bring this topic to this forum.. What is the general concensus for which class best fits the mold set by the Warrior Preist ??*

Any comments, thoughts, suggestions are welcome.. Ie class restrictions, no access to uniqe mount, etc... I tryed to search fu it but i ended up with WHFRP info..*

marcielle
2012-06-22, 10:27 AM
Is 3.5 material allowed? Because Crusader from ToB is the perfect fit for a warrior priest. You don't mess around with piddly spells. Your faith directly manifests in your ability to shrug off blows that would fell a normal warrior as well as hit like a truck.
Crusaders can even inspire their comrades into similar levels of fervor.

Basically, you are a walking tank, shruging off hits to the face and then hitting them in the face harder. You don't have the extreme damage a charger would have, but your's is more consistent and you don't need to worry about the counterattack. You can also buff other meelees, directly protect the weaker and heal by PUNCHING STUFF.

marcielle
2012-06-22, 10:51 AM
If 3.5 isn't allowed, straight normal Paladin does well enough. Oath against corruption makes a paladin more warhammery as Abberations remind me more of chaos than normal PF demons.

Just choose Weapon bond instead of Mount bond and see if your DM is willing to work the Code to be more fitting to Sigmar's. Like how 'legitimate authority' does not extend to Elves or Dwarves in the eyes of Sigmar and stuff like that.

brother-kormak
2012-06-22, 11:39 AM
I will chat with him and ask.. However i dont think he will be game for it.. We got a pretty new group and this is the GM's first venture into Pathfinder..

GenPol
2012-06-22, 12:17 PM
A Paladin would seem to me to be the most fitting choice. With a Cleric, you could also probably get a warrior priest vibe, but it would probably be more priest heavy than a Paladin.

If you are allowed to use either the SRD (http://www.d20pfsrd.com/) or the Ultimate Combat book, than the Crusader (http://www.d20pfsrd.com/classes/core-classes/cleric/archetypes/paizo---cleric-archetypes/crusader) archetype (version) of the Cleric might be up your alley. It's a Cleric, but a bit less spell focused, if that's what you're looking for.

If you are allowed to use the Advanced Player's Guide, the other class I might suggest would be the Inquisitor (http://www.d20pfsrd.com/classes/base-classes/inquisitor), another combat oriented class with access to divine magic. It's kind of like the Paladin, except maybe a bit more dedicated to a single god or ideal, instead of just sort of justice in general.

With just the Core Rule Book available, I would suggest either just going strait Paladin, or maybe Cleric, with some combination of maybe the Destruction, Strength, or War domains, depending on what's available to you.

brother-kormak
2012-06-23, 07:14 AM
Alrighty ya'll thanks for the heads up !