PDA

View Full Version : D&D 3.5: Legends of Stormcap Peak (IC)

inexorabletruth
2012-06-22, 02:11 PM
The Stormcap Guild... thank the gods for it. Carved into the iron-rich rock of Stormcap Mountain, it stands as a resolute and proud effigy to the brave heroes and god-like kings that have trained within its venerable halls. Only through great effort and no small sacrifice can a child even be accepted into its lowest levels of training. You are one of those lucky few. Adopted by the guild at birth, your heritage has been kept secret from you. You have come to think of the guild as home, your training as your life, the guild masters, ever hidden from your sight at the peak of the castle... your gods. But now, you have finally come of age, and it is time for you to repay what you have been given. Those who serve the guild faithfully are released of their commitment and allowed to enter the world as free men, to carve an unparalleled destiny of greatness for themselves and the world they mold. Those who betray the guild face a horror that even the bravest souls dare not mention in more than a subdued whisper. Your first task is before you... one of many tasks you will complete before freedom is yours to claim.
http://mdrportfolio.files.wordpress.com/2011/02/mountain-temple.jpg

Your First Task: The Fallen Temple of Pelor
Thirty years ago, the Kings of Hell's Maw ravaged the eastern lands of Erypt from the Isle of Quebu to the southern tip of Breaghun's Wall. Although the vile hordes were driven back and scattered, much of the lands remain wild and overrun with monsters. Scattered tribes of men have returned to the land, but every day is a quest for survival. Lord Ku'roth, heir to the throne of Erypt wishes to unite these tribes and regain rule over his once powerful theocratic kingdom. But to do so, he requires the support and faith of his people... as well as proof that he can get the job done. He comes now to the Stormcap Guild for aid in this matter. Near the Khemit Peninsula lies St. Agar-khun's Temple of Pelor. St. Agar-khun's Temple was a cornerstone of Erypt's strength. It served as a port-side sanctuary for traders from the Republic of Dravenmore, and the Elven Confederation of Q'uel Feythas, but it was also a powerful military base wherein the Paladins of Pelor trained and defended Erypts aquatic borders. When the temple fell, so too did the hopes of Erypt. The would-be king seeks a relic from this temple: The Shard of the Sun. It was last seen in the lighthouse tower of St. Agar-Khun's Temple. Its light could pierce the deepest darkness and guide ships safely to port. But also, that same light served as a powerful weapon against evil, and the temple's ultimate defense. It weighs approximately 1 lb. and will be a golden replica of the visage of Pelor. You will know it from other holy symbols by its extraordinary aura and magical radiance it emits at all times. You are permitted to take what treasure you find while there, but you are not allowed to loot any holy symbols you find. Also, the relic is to be returned to the king unblemished.

Here is a map of the Temple that the King has given you:
http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-z7rmMiFLuhU/TemSwwEaaSI/AAAAAAAAAIE/WvkpFOJYGF8/s320/karnak_temple.jpg

Upon arrival, you find that the temple appears to have long since been abandoned. There is an entrance to the northwest that was smashed in long ago, probably by some massive battering ram. The entrance to the temple is a beautiful sight, in spite of all the battle damage. A few scattered bones litter the floor. Patches of light shoot through various broken windows, revealing torn old tapestries, animal dung and scurrying rats. The temple smells like an old tomb, and cobwebs cling to your clothing/armor. Ahead of you is the main hall. To your left and right are most likely storage rooms.

ShadowySilence
2012-06-22, 02:58 PM
Liam takes a deep breath as he steps foot in the temple, the stench of death filled his nostrils and he gagged a little. It was not the smell of fresh death though, it smelled of long ago rotted corpses and the carrion eaters which followed.

Liam creeped into the temple first, not trusting the peaceful appearence of the place. All of his training told him to expect the deepest shadows where the light seemed brightest.

He signals without making a sound to his companions to stay behind and stay quiet, he wanted to scout ahead for possible dangers.

As he creeps first towards the right (he plans on exploring left next), he attempts to keep to the shadows he keeps his eyes and ears wide for anything strange or interesting. In case he did happen across any nasties in his way, he made sure his bow was ready and set an arrow ready to knock.

He also studied the building to determine if any further signs of vermin were visible, one could never be too careful when you might accidentally walk into a swarm of rats or worse.

Rolls:
Spot: [roll0]
Listen: [roll1]
Move Silently: [roll2]
Hide: [roll3]
Knowledge Nature (Examaning vermin): [roll4]

GamingGod
2012-06-22, 05:35 PM
WOW!It smells in here.

That was the first thought Brad Archer had as he approached the temple, taking a waterskin, food for a day, and his lute,Freedom, out of the donkey's pack.

As Liam signaled to stay back and quiet, Brad just shrugged, and goes towards a tree fairly far off. He prepares to tie the animal to it... wait. He forgot to bring rope.

Brad shook his head, and thought about what to do. It was their first mission, so naturally, bardic lore demands they survive it. However, if he brought the donkey, it might blow their cover and they could get attacked. On the other hand, there was a bit of grass around here, and the animal didn't seem to care if it went or stayed. But it could get attacked by bandits, killed by predators, or wander off.

He took quick stock of the materials left in there, and decided he could probably try his hand at catching game, or the hunter could, anyway, if his food left, and he could sleep without a blanket, and, making sure he was far away enough from the temple not to alert anything in it, looked at the donkey.

"Okay, here's what we are going to do. I'm going to go inside that dark, scary temple, while you stand here in this nice... place outside. Don't leave. Got it?"

He nods the donkey's face up and down with his hands.

"Good. Well, I'm just going to go over there and wait until Liam gets back. Don't leave. You're the only fun guy to talk to in the whole party."

He heads back towards the group, and waits for Liam to give the okay, drawing his bow and relaxing a bit. They were the heroes, restoring the land. And what story would it be without the heroes staying alive for a few adventures?

Yeah... I probably should've bought rope.

Ashpan
2012-06-23, 09:11 AM
Robert

As Liam heads straight into the temple, Robert comments to the others He's rather forward, rushing in like that. Surely it makes more sense to do a bit of scouting around out here first, to see what's what and make sure we know what we're getting ourselves into?

Pheehelm
2012-06-23, 12:29 PM
Eldon (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=412454) was ill at ease as he entered the temple. After so many years of constant restriction, the amount of autonomy he suddenly had was somewhat dizzying. He felt a near-constant adrenaline rush he wasn't sure what to do with, and something about this temple gave him a nervous feeling he should rather be somewhere else.

He rolled his shoulders to collect his wits and looked around. Seeing Liam sneak to the right and signal the rest to stay back, he decided to check the immediate vicinity. He carefully nocked an arrow onto his bow and started sneaking around.Spot: [roll0]
Listen: [roll1]
Move Silently:[roll2]
Search: [roll3]
He's rather forward, rushing in like that. Surely it makes more sense to do a bit of scouting around out here first, to see what's what and make sure we know what we're getting ourselves into?Eldon shrugged. "Better him than me, I suppose. Besides, I'm sure he'll be fine."

andecoco
2012-06-23, 08:02 PM
One mistake and I'm dead.

Rose stepped into the Temple's main hall, right behind Liam.

She did not like this. Maybe she was not cut out for adventuring—

But there was no betraying the Guild. In any case, for the past five days she had been desperate to get out of the Guild's cloistered halls. Now that she was out, well, it was probably fear of the unknown. She was as prepared as she would ever be. No reason to turn back.

He's rather forward, rushing in like that. Surely it makes more sense to do a bit of scouting around out here first, to see what's what and make sure we know what we're getting ourselves into?

"Better him than me, I suppose. Besides, I'm sure he'll be fine."

Rose wondered whether her companions would always be this careless.

Rose decided that she would ignore herself. Her brain was needlessly intrusive. There was no reason to heed it. Except when it was memorizing spells. It was kind of hard to ignore one's brain when one is memorizing things.

One mistake—

"Oh, shut up!" Rose snapped at herself; then she promptly covered her mouth.

Great going, Rose.

I hate you.

I don't think I need to roll?

Awesomeusername
2012-06-23, 09:15 PM
Carlos walked into the temple feeling confident that this will be a successful journey. This should be easy, we have 6 people to get this "shard" thing, and we get all the treasure. Perfect!

"So, let's get this show on the road." Carlos says as he starts walking towards the main hall.

ShadowySilence
2012-06-24, 03:19 PM
Liam turns his head to look at Carlos as he is sneaking (this shouldn't require any sort of change in rolls, for he is still in the shadows going to the right waiting for GM confirmation). He is peeved that Carlos completely ignored him, but he figured he wasn't all that considerate himself running off to scout ahead. He would have to apologize later...

He sigs silently as he continues going to the right and sneaking, he could only hope Carlos didn't walk right into a trap or a bunch of monsters.

inexorabletruth
2012-06-25, 07:40 AM
You notice that all along the inside perimeter of the temple are small, faint lights, like candle light, that brighten up when you approach them. The source of these lights appear to be large, shield-like effigies of Pelor. Nearly 2 feet in diameter and finely etched, these idols must've served the temple as some form of night-light and temple ward, though perhaps much of its magic has faded. However, assuming all these idols are about the same size, you can get a sense of the scale of the main chamber, which is vast and most likely unwalled. The floors and walls are made of a stout rock. The deathly calm of the temple seems to have its own gravity.

Then Rose's shout from outside the temple echos throughout the hall, like a half a dozen voices all telling you to "Shut up!"

Ashpan
2012-06-25, 07:59 AM
See? Those lights that react to our presence. If anyone was watching for intruders then they already know we're here...

ShadowySilence
2012-06-25, 08:26 AM
Liam freezes horrorstruck as he makes a discovery. He finds a swarm of spiders which he knows for a fact are the brood of a great arachnid mother. Even as they scurry away, hating the light brought on by the torches being lit, his breathing hurries. His adrenaline rushes and somewhere in the echoing corridors of the temple he can hear the clacking of chiton on chiton, heavy set and belonging to something probably quite hungry.

He mouths a silent curse and then turns back into the main hall to warn Carlos of the nearby danger.

As he steps into the main hall he flags down Carlos and speaks loud enough to be heard, but not so loud as to draw attention of what may be lurking "Carlos come back quickly, there is grave danger here! I have seen signs that there may be some great spider beast nearby, and if we come across it I would rather we have the full strength of our party at our backs rather than face it alone."

GamingGod
2012-06-25, 12:51 PM
He's rather forward, rushing in like that. Surely it makes more sense to do a bit of scouting around out here first, to see what's what and make sure we know what we're getting ourselves into?

"Better him than me, I suppose. Besides, I'm sure he'll be fine."

"Yeah, he'll be fine. It's not like there's anything dangerous in there or anything. I'd ask him to make sure, but I don't think he would like that."

See? Those lights that react to our presence. If anyone was watching for intruders then they already know we're here...
"Oh. That might not be good. Did you see anything coming at us, Eldon?"

Pheehelm
2012-06-25, 03:30 PM
"Oh. That might not be good. Did you see anything coming at us, Eldon?"

Peering through the darkness, Eldon (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=412454) had ample reason to believe that the vast chamber was uninhabited, more or less.

"I'd say there's ample reason to believe this chamber is uninhabited, more or less. Aside from this." He picked a boot up off the ground and examined it before throwing it away. "Ech. There's a bone in it...probably from a dwarf or an orc. Hard to say, it looks like it's been here a long while. Anyone know what kind of humanoids live around here?"

He looked up to the glowing idols. His skin crawled as he did so. There was definitely something about this place he didn't like, and he suspected the feeling was mutual.

"Also, is anyone else feeling uncom--"

"Shut up!"

Eldon sighed. Some things just weren't worth fighting.

Awesomeusername
2012-06-25, 05:14 PM
As Carlos walks along he hears
"Carlos come back quickly, there is grave danger here! I have seen signs that there may be some great spider beast nearby, and if we come across it I would rather we have the full strength of our party at our backs rather than face it alone.""Why should I have to walk back, when you all could instead come forward? Our goal is in this direction, why not just get there faster?" Carlos does, however, stop walking and waits for the others.

ShadowySilence
2012-06-26, 11:20 AM
Liam continues to try and hide while he moves towards Carlos, waiting for the others to approach as well. He hoped that maybe he could catch whatever was hiding here by surprise while his companions distracted it

He responds to Eldon's first comment "I couldn't tell you who that bone belonged to, but I can tell you what probably ate its owner... We are dealing with some sort of giant arachnid here, and I think it made this place its nest. It may be near by, be on the alert."

andecoco
2012-06-26, 04:03 PM
Spiders!

Rose hated them. They were creepy.

That's no reason to hate anything. That's just you being a coward.

This was true, Rose knew. In any case, she was a six-foot-tall human; short of any stupidity, even the most poisonous of spiders could be squashed harmlessly under her boots.

"I couldn't tell you who that bone belonged to, but I can tell you what probably ate its owner... We are dealing with some sort of giant arachnid here, and I think it made this place its nest. It may be near by, be on the alert."

Whoops! Ha, ha, you are so dead.

Shut up, brain.

No.

Magic was about transforming arcane energy—weaving unseen tapestries to form spell conduits. It was a force infinitely more powerful than what even the greatest arachnid demons could control.

Of course, the best Rose could do with this power was create a mentally slow badger.

A dire badger, thank you very much.

I'm sure the giant arachnids are quaking in their boots.

Spiders don't wear boots.

Rose heard stories about wizards traveling to lands beyond the stars. Powerful spellcrafters.

She wondered how impressed they would be by her ability to summon a badger who could not tell a rock from a dragon.

Spot: [roll0]+1
Listen: [roll1]+1

She briefly glanced at her surroundings. If there were giant spiders, she would want to be prepared. Should the worst come, even she would appreciate a slow badger by her side.

Oh, wait, I didn't prepare the summoning spell.

Yet only a few seconds ago you were bashing the poor badgers.

andecoco
2012-06-26, 04:04 PM
\\Screwed up the rolls on my previous post, somehow. :smallannoyed:
\\SPOT [roll0] +1 = 19
\\LISTEN [roll1] + 1 = 14

Ashpan
2012-06-29, 07:06 AM
Seeing as everybody had headed straight into the temple anyway, Robert just sighed and followed them in. Catching the tail comment about giant spiders and bones, he instantly was on his guard for any threats - like the ones he had been worried about before everybody went charging in anyway...

inexorabletruth
2012-06-29, 07:28 PM
Silent as a shadow, a giant spider, nearly the size dips down from the heights below and reaches out at Rose, and misses, swiping just above Rose's head. Suddenly, you notice several fist sized spiders dropping down from silky threads, fangs clacking hungrily.

Surprise Round: Attempted Grapple
1. No Attack of Opportunity
2. Melee Touch Attack: [roll0] vs. AC 10
3. Opposed Grapple (Rose please roll a grapple check) [roll1]

Battle Grid:
https://dl.dropbox.com/u/50887717/StormcapPbP/TempleMap1.jpg
Initiative Rolls:

Liam
Medium Spider
Tiny Spiders (x11)
Rose
Eldon
Robert
Carlos
Brad

Spider: [roll2]
Carlos: [roll3]
Eldon: [roll4]
Brad: [roll5]
Robert: [roll6]
Liam: [roll7]
Rose: [roll8]
Spider Babies: [roll9]
[roll10]

inexorabletruth
2012-07-02, 11:24 AM
The medium spider lands down on K6 and strikes again at Rose, with gnashing fangs:
Attack: [roll0]
Confirm Crit (if needed) [roll1]
Damage: [roll2]

The impact of fangs feels like a chisel being driven in like a hammer into your shoulder. The abomination begins to pump it's venom into the wound.

Rose is disabled (See PHB, pg. 145)
Roll a Fort Save vs. Poison

Four tiny spiders land on Liam's head (L5) and begin to crawl around, looking for soft flesh to bite:
Attack: [roll3]
Confirm Crit (if needed): [roll4]
Damage: 1
Attack: [roll5]
Confirm Crit (if needed): [roll6]
Attack: [roll7]
Confirm Crit (if needed): [roll8]
Attack: [roll9]
Confirm Crit (if needed): [roll10]
You feel a tiny sting on your neck and one on your shoulder.

You take 2 damage
Roll two Fort Saves vs. Poison

Four tiny spiders land on Eldon's head (J5) as well.
Attack: [roll11]
Confirm Crit (if needed): [roll12]
Attack: [roll13]
Confirm Crit (if needed): [roll14]
Attack: [roll15]
Confirm Crit (if needed): [roll16]
Attack: [roll17]
Confirm Crit (if needed): [roll18]
Two sets of eight furry legs crawl around to your back, then you feel two debilitating stings.

You take 2 damage

Carlos (K7) feels something crawling up his leg... several something's in fact. But it's very dark and nearly impossible to see.
Attack: [roll19]
Confirm Crit (if needed): [roll20]
Attack: [roll21]
Confirm Crit (if needed): [roll22]
Attack: [roll23]
Confirm Crit (if needed): [roll24]
You feel a powerful sting on your calf and another one on the back of your knee.

You take 3 damage (2 from crit)

Pheehelm
2012-07-03, 03:39 PM
Eldon (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=412454) yelped as he felt the spider fangs sink into his back.

Saves:
[roll0]
[roll1]

He twisted for a moment, acting on his first impulse to knock the spiders loose, then realized his loaded bow was in the way. His next impulse, which he followed, was to leap to the side (realizing as he did so that this probably wouldn't jolt the spiders off as he'd hoped) and fire at the big spider while it was focused on Rose. He didn't know much about spiders, but he figured they probably kept those nice vulnerable spots near where a human would, and that's what he needed right now.

Rolls:
Attack roll: [roll2]
Damage roll: [roll3]
Confirm Crit (if needed): [roll4]
Sneak attack: [roll5]

Eldon made a 5-foot step to I6 so he could flank the spider. I'm using the modifiers assuming both saves succeeded, so my actual damage bonus may be lower. My "flanking bonus" also isn't in there because the SRD doesn't specify whether that's damage and/or attack, and I don't have the books available at the moment to see if they clarify. Lemme know if I missed anything.

inexorabletruth
2012-07-05, 05:45 AM
The arrow glances off the hairy shell of the spiders armor, but distracts the beast enough to make it retract its fangs from Rose. It's not looking squarely at Eldon, maw clacking hungrily.

Ashpan
2012-07-05, 06:41 AM
Robert

Not able to clearly tell what's going on, Robert calls Faolan to defend him whilst retrieving and lighting one of the torches that he had stashed away for such an eventuality.

Move action 1: Handle Animal [roll0] vs DC 10
Move action 2: Retrieve and light a torch

inexorabletruth
2012-07-05, 11:22 AM
A chilling howl echoes into the temple from outside. Fearlessly, Faolan bounds in, responding to Robert's call. Gleaming fangs bared, Faolan barricades the path between the medium spider and Robert.

Battle Grid:

Awesomeusername
2012-07-05, 06:48 PM
Carlos

Suddenly getting stung by the spiders, Carlos lets out a small groan "Ugh"

Saves:
[roll0]
[roll1]

He then tries to hit one of the spiders with his chain.

Rolls:
Attack: [roll2]
Damage: [roll3]
Crit Confirmation (if needed): [roll4]

inexorabletruth
2012-07-05, 09:08 PM
Carlos begins to feel weaker as searing venom courses through his leg.

Your STR score is temporarily reduced by [roll0] points.

The little buggers are tiny, and Carlos discovers that they are really hard to hit as they crawl away from his sweeping chain attacks.

GamingGod
2012-07-07, 12:45 AM
Brad takes the scene in with two calm eyes. As the spiders crawl around his friends, he slowly draws an arrow from his quiver and nocks it, standing his ground against the withering onslaught. He may look stupid to some of those around him who watched this, but in his mind, a song from another bard resonated through his mind. He barely didn't sing the song while he concentrated on the spider. Eldon's arrow bounces off the spider as it downs Rose.

"Hey, ugly. Get away from them. I'm your target."

His arrow, fully nocked, loosed itself from the bow, flying towards the spider.

I need a HERO! I'm holding out till the end of the fight.

And he's gotta be fast, and he's gotta be strong and hes got be dashing and tight.

I need a HERO! There's goblins and creatures of fright!

Bard of the moor,
or Priest of the dune
He has to be larger than life.

If this misses I'll look like an idiot, won't I?

Hit:[roll0](1 attack bonus, -4 firing into melee, if I remember right.)

Damage:[roll1]

Note: Sorry it took so long. I was out of town a couple days, and I wanted to make a good post.

inexorabletruth
2012-07-07, 09:15 AM
Brad's arrow slips through a seam in the monster's shell with a wet thud. The mighty abomination shrinks back from the stinging pain and wriggles its long legs nervously.

inexorabletruth
2012-07-08, 12:24 PM
POSTING FOR LIAM:

"OW! What the-?"
Liam grits his teeth through the pain and attempts to shake off the nagging spiders...

Fort Save: [roll0]
Fort Save: [roll1]

Then drops his flail to slap at them.

Melee Touch Attack: [roll2]
Confirm Crit: [roll3]
Damage: [roll4] Non-Lethal
Melee Touch Attack: [roll5]
Confirm Crit: [roll6]
Damage: [roll7] Non-Lethal

"GET-EM-OFF GET-EM-OFF!" He does a weird, flailing dance as he tries to shake off the spiders.

inexorabletruth
2012-07-08, 12:29 PM
Poison courses through Liam's veins as he does his little spider dance.

Liam receives [roll0] points of STR damage.

inexorabletruth
2012-07-09, 07:58 AM
Beaten nearly unconscious, Rose attempts a strategic retreat to the other side of Fox (M5), ducking away from the spiders legs as she goes.

Move: K5 to M5
Tumble (DC 15): [roll0]
CON Check: [roll1]

inexorabletruth
2012-07-09, 08:02 AM
But the Spider's reflexes were better. It lashes out with one of it's spear-like legs to disrupt her movement.
AoO: [roll0]
Dmg: [roll1]

Swatting her like a fly and sending her crashing to the ground, with ribbons of life-blood spilling from a ghastly wound.

Rose is down and bleeding.

Ashpan
2012-07-09, 08:05 AM
Faolin

Planting himself firmly between the giant spider and his companion, Faolin growls deeply and prepares to pounce if the spider makes any threatening moves towards Robert.

inexorabletruth
2012-07-09, 08:48 AM
The medium spider, ecstatic for the promising meal, crawls over to her victim and begins spinning her sticky web over Rose, attempting to spin her up in a thick cocoon.

Battle Grid:

The web works as a binding, which will also stabilize her wounds.

Eldon, Carlos and Liam all get AoOs against the Medium Spider. However, if you do that, you won't get an AoO against any of the tiny spiders crawling on you. Faolan gets one as well, but that makes the medium spider his target until the spider is dead or Faolan is at 6 HP.

Liam:
The spiders, scurrying away from your swats, make it down your shoulders and are now crawling on your arms and back.
Attack: 1d20+5

Eldon:
The spiders begin to crawl around inside your armor looking for another place to bite.

Carlos:
Shying away from the rasping chains, the spiders crawl back down to your foot.

Pheehelm
2012-07-09, 09:49 PM
"Agh!"

Eldon (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=412454) reached for a spider with his free hand. Not good. His wounds were bleeding badly, and he was starting to feel listless. The big spider wasn't paying attention to him anymore, which was good, because he needed to deal with the little ones.

Can't die now...

He snatched at the first spider he could reach to try and throw it far away.

Melee touch attack:[roll0]Just a 1d20 since I'm not sure what to account for at this point.

Opposed grapple check goes here? Not sure what goes into that, but 1d20: [roll1]

Throwing the spider: [roll2] That's 1d20+1 (racial bonus, not sure what else goes here)

Anything else? This one's kinda confusing.

inexorabletruth
2012-07-10, 10:54 AM
With each labored movement, Eldon's limbs get a little heavier.

Eldon takes [roll0] points of STR damage and is now carrying a medium load.

Max DEX: +3
Ch Penalty: -3
Speed: 15'
Run: x4

You reach for the spider, but in your weakened condition, you are unable move quickly enough for it.

Ashpan
2012-07-11, 06:32 AM
Robert

Clearing his mind, Robert starts to chant: Alvoku lupo. As he completes this, another Wolf appears and immediately lunges for the giant spider.

Casting Summon Natures Ally 1: Wolf into L6
Summoned Wolf gets an immediate action to attack the Giant Spider.
Damage: [roll1]

inexorabletruth
2012-07-11, 07:54 AM
Snarling fangs lash out at the massive spider, but eight eyes see much, even when distracted with the effort of cocooning. The enormous spider raises her a split moment before the wolf's jaws snap shut.

Awesomeusername
2012-07-11, 09:04 AM
After successfully dispatching the 3 spiders nearest him, Carlos's spirits are high. He then moves to attack the largest one.

Staying at K7
Damage: [roll1]
Crit Confirmation: [roll2]

inexorabletruth
2012-07-12, 08:06 AM
Carlos's chain hammers down onto the medium spider, cracking into the exoskeleton and crunching into its juicy innards. The spider staggers for a bit... fangs gnashing in agony as it's legs struggle for balance.

Then it collapses on top of Rose, legs still scrambling as it tries to flee for its life.

GamingGod
2012-07-12, 05:21 PM
Err... does that mean its down? I assume its still trying to run, but it is trying to flee?

Brad does a little happy dance inside his head.

That was so... awesome! I am so good at this stuff! I'll be a free man in no time!

Oh... that spider just cut open Rose.

Oh... she's unconcious.

Well,this sucks.

"Hold on Rose, I'll get you out of there."

If the spider is dead, Brad moves to K6, taking a strip off his shirt underneath his armor to patch up Rose's wounds.

Only if the spider is dead. Don't want any AoOs on me.
Also, please let me know if I cannot do this. I'm still new to this game.
Heal:[roll0]

inexorabletruth
2012-07-13, 06:58 PM
As Brad gets close to Rose, he realizes that she is partly cocooned, which has at least stopped the bleeding. After cutting away some of the thread and performing a bit of first aid you see that some of the color has returned to her face, but she is still unconscious. She'll live, but will need rest.

House Rule Heal: Rose recovers [roll0] HP.

POSTING FOR LIAM
"Why?! Why did they have to be spiders! WAAAAAAAaaaaah!" Liam bolts out the front door, flailing wildly the whole time.

inexorabletruth
2012-07-13, 07:06 PM
The summoned wolf pounces on the dying spider, trying to tear at any soft patches it can find.

Coup de Grace Damage:
[roll0]
[roll1]

The spider curls up in its dying throws. The wild wolf looks up from its kill, somewhat disoriented and confused, then emits a low growl.

Robert, you can roll a Wild Empathy check to befriend this wolf if you'd like.

inexorabletruth
2012-07-13, 07:13 PM
Tiny spiders begin to scramble down Eldon's lower back.

Attack: [roll1]
Attack: [roll3]

Pheehelm
2012-07-14, 10:35 AM
Eldon (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=412454) watched Liam go, and admired his good judgment.

"GAH!" Eldon's vision blurred for a moment. This was very, very bad. He desperately snatched at whereever he felt bites, hoping he could summon up a burst of his otherwise-failing strength to throw them far, far away.

Fort: 1d20+2
Fort: 1d20+2

AoO:
Melee touch attack against a biting spider:1d20Still just a 1d20 since I'm still not sure what to account for at this point.

Opposed grapple check goes here? 1d20, uncertain of modifiers: 1d20

Throwing the spider: 1d20+1 That's 1d20+1 (again: racial bonus, not sure what else goes here)

Regular:
Melee touch attack:1d20Still just a 1d20.

Opposed grapple check? 1d20: 1d20

Throwing the spider: 1d20+1 That's 1d20+1 (again)

I'll edit my hit points to account for this latest attack after I find out if I get to interrupt a bite. I should be down to either 2 or 1 hp.

Pheehelm
2012-07-14, 10:36 AM
Messed up rolls:
Fort: [roll0]
Fort: [roll1]

AoO:
Melee touch attack against a biting spider:[roll2]Still just a 1d20 since I'm still not sure what to account for at this point.

Opposed grapple check goes here? 1d20, uncertain of modifiers: [roll3]

Throwing the spider: [roll4] That's 1d20+1 (again: racial bonus, not sure what else goes here)

Regular:
Melee touch attack:[roll5]Still just a 1d20.

Opposed grapple check? 1d20: [roll6]

Throwing the spider: [roll7] That's 1d20+1 (again)

Ashpan
2012-07-14, 11:36 AM
Robert

Seeing the giant spider was no longer a thread, and that Brad was helping Rose with her injuries, Robert hurries over to Eldon who was flailing at the spiders crawling over him.

If Eldon still has spiders crawling over him, then whatever is necessary to brush them off of him. If not, or if I can at the same time and there's no other obvious threats then give him a quick once over to see how he's doing after the spider bites and everything:
Heal: [roll0]

Awesomeusername
2012-07-14, 05:50 PM
Carlos

"Woo!" Carlos yelled as he successfully put down the giant spider. "Anyone need help with spiders?" Carlos asked, trying to be helpful. While doing so, he moves closer to the group (J6-ish) and looks around for any more creatures [roll0].

GamingGod
2012-07-15, 10:07 PM
Brad watched as the color returned to Rose's face, and let out a sigh of relief.

"Whether there are gods or not, I'm glad you're safe."

He turns around and looks at his party members. Liam ran screaming out the front door, Carlos did his happy dance (Happy dance... might want to sing to that at an inn later...., and Eldon sank to his knees.

Oh, you have to be kidding me.
Spiders... They are starting to freak me out so much.

"Uhh... hold on Eldon. Brad heads back to where he was at before (I6) and tries to swat the spiders off of Eldon.

I guess just a melee touch attack with my free hand while holding my bow in the other. Just a +1 modifier with 1d3 damage to one of the remaining spiders, I guess. Correct me!

[roll0]
[roll1]

inexorabletruth
2012-07-16, 05:11 AM
Eldon:
You take 2 damage and take [roll0] points of STR damage. The AoO misses. So does the opposed grapple.

The spider's venom has made it difficult for Eldon to stand, let alone fight. He's starting to look and feel very punch drunk, and the world is spinning around him. His helpless flailing does nothing to hinder the progress of the spiders crawling on him.

Robert swats at the spiders:
Attack (flanking): [roll1]
Damage: [roll2]
but manages only to shoo it away as it crawls around to the other side of Eldon. Looking him over (with your heal check) you see that he is suffering greatly from the effects of the venom, but there isn't much you can do for him right now.

Brad manages to swat the spider hard enough to make it fall to the ground on its back. It scrambles to get back on it's feet.

Carlos:
After Carlos does his victory dance, he realizes he can better see the spider webs all around him. Some with medium sized corpses on them. It would seem until today this monstrous spider has enjoyed an easy life full of foolhardy adventurers to munch on. At the edge of the light, you can see a rat struggling to get free from one of the webs as a long, black spider limb reaches out for it. The spiders appear to not be advancing towards the torchlight though, and are keeping a respectable distance from it.

On the spider webs within reach of the torchlight, you can see a small horde of treasures... perhaps bait left by the spiders: gems, weapons and tools hang from various parts of the webs all around and above you.

(I'll produce a map with the spider's webs in a moment.)

inexorabletruth
2012-07-24, 04:25 PM
The Feral wolf looks a bit unsure about what to do as it looks on at the frenzied group swatting at Eldon. He backs up a bit and growls, but doesn't leave his square.

The spider that got knocked to the ground scurries away.
(You get AoOs on him if you want.)

The rest of the spiders continue their assault.
Spider 1
Spider 2
Attack: [roll1]
Spider 3

inexorabletruth
2012-07-24, 04:28 PM
Eldon takes 2 damage.

Eldon, please roll 2 fort saves, DC 10.
Each roll above 10 negates the STR damage you'll take from the following results:
Eldon take [roll0] points of STR damage.