PDA

View Full Version : Quantum Conundrum

Eakin
2012-06-22, 03:15 PM
Any other playgrounders pick this up yesterday? I've only had it for long enough to get about an hour in, but I'm liking it so far.

Given its developer's previous work, the first-person-puzzle genre it fits into, the unseen snarky narrator communicating with you over the intercom (voiced by John de Lancie!), and the general mad science feel of the setting, it's almost impossible not to draw direct comparisons to Portal (although the art direction is decidedly more "adorable cartoon" than "stark dystopian laboratory"). I've only unlocked puzzles that use the light and heavy dimensions so far, but what I've seen them do with just those suggests that there's potential for way more mind bending puzzles than Portal had, probably more analogous to Portal 2's gels and light bridges.

I'm not going to make a recommendation based on a single hour of gameplay, but it definitely started out on the right foot. Anyone else had a chance to play around with the game?

Forbiddenwar
2012-06-22, 09:33 PM
Thanks for the reminder. I got it a few weeks ago.
It's is a wonderful game. i particularly enjoyed the blueprints, the books and the death messages.

Craft (Cheese)
2012-06-25, 12:39 PM
I've gotten to some of the later puzzles in the game, and I've encountered some extremely frustrating bugs, mostly with inconsistent physics behavior (which might be fine in other games, but when the puzzle solutions rely on things like objects having a precise trajectory through the air, it's unacceptable.)

Right now I'm stuck on the one where you have to help the robot cross the room safely so it can chuck a safe into a pit. Except it always drops the safe by accident halfway there. Is anyone else getting this problem?