PDA

View Full Version : Bear Warrior weapon(s)?

danzibr
2012-06-22, 08:38 PM
So I was thinking about good ol' Bear Warrior today, and I realized... when they're a bear they can't use their weapon. How do you get around this? Is there some way you can be a bear and fight with your normal weapon? Or do you have to suck it up and go with the bear's natural attacks? If you do have to go with natural attacks, what's the best way to beef those up?

VGLordR2
2012-06-22, 08:41 PM
Gloves of Man. I think they're in Savage Species.

EDIT: They're on page 57. They're pricey, though. 42,000 GP.

Uhtred
2012-06-22, 08:48 PM
Isn't there an enchantment that allows you to use your weapon's special qualities when you wild shape? I'd rule that a Bear Warrior's bear form was a variant of wild shape and would allow that enchantment to apply.

StreamOfTheSky
2012-06-22, 09:10 PM
Isn't there an enchantment that allows you to use your weapon's special qualities when you wild shape? I'd rule that a Bear Warrior's bear form was a variant of wild shape and would allow that enchantment to apply.

If you can get a Girallon's Blessing spell buff from an ally (lasts 10 min/level, a few castings per day should be enough), you could gain two arms to hold a weapon with.

I was trying to make a build for Viktor (who people jokingly refer to as a bear, though he's not...actually...) from the Suikoden series doing that, with Flik (that series' most notable gish) providing the buff. Having a friend who likes to synergize builds with you helps. :smallwink:

Namfuak
2012-06-22, 09:22 PM
Necklace of Natural Attacks from Savage Species will allow you to enchant your natural attacks. Ask your DM if each claw is considered a separate weapon or not. The main downside is that you can't choose different enchantments for different natural weapons, so you'll need to choose something that will be good for all of your attacks (or use the rules from MiC to create another item for another slot that affects a different natural attack).

White_Drake
2012-06-22, 10:54 PM
Out of curiosity, why don't you use unarmed strikes instead? If you have room for it Fist of the Forest (Complete Champion) is a great class for any Barbarian (thank you Eldariel).

PinkysBrain
2012-06-23, 06:04 AM
In the end all you're options are going to be a bit comedic ...

Mouthpick Weapons allow you to wield a weapon with your mouth.

Unarmed strikes allow you to kung fu.

Mithril Leaf
2012-06-23, 06:07 AM
Out of curiosity, why don't you use unarmed strikes instead? If you have room for it Fist of the Forest (Complete Champion) is a great class for any Barbarian (thank you Eldariel).

Incidently, if you also pick up 2 levels of Deepwarden, you can have through the roof AC when you rage. Constitution to AC twice? Yes please.

danzibr
2012-06-23, 07:01 AM
This would probably be the best option. I know there's such an enchantment for armor, but dunno about weapons.

Right now I'm playing a campaign with my family, who are very much so not optimizers. My dad's playing a Barbarian, and we just went from level 7 to level 8. I was telling him about the coolness of Bear Warrior, but I forgot he can't use his regular weapon. Taking dips in other PrC's won't happen as they want to keep it as simple as possible. Actually, he may not even go Bear Warrior (currently he really likes the idea, but ultimately may decide it's too much of a hassle).

The Glyphstone
2012-06-23, 07:30 AM
This would probably be the best option. I know there's such an enchantment for armor, but dunno about weapons.

Right now I'm playing a campaign with my family, who are very much so not optimizers. My dad's playing a Barbarian, and we just went from level 7 to level 8. I was telling him about the coolness of Bear Warrior, but I forgot he can't use his regular weapon. Taking dips in other PrC's won't happen as they want to keep it as simple as possible. Actually, he may not even go Bear Warrior (currently he really likes the idea, but ultimately may decide it's too much of a hassle).
There's always a Mouthpick Weapon. Only +1, but it does cost you your bite attack.

D@rK-SePHiRoTH-
2012-06-23, 07:55 AM
Unarmed strikes are a simple and functional choice.