PDA

View Full Version : [4e FR] The Five of the Realm - OOC

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6

Irish Musician
2012-06-22, 11:32 PM
Welcome to the OOC of your new campaign!! Hopefully all goes well and we all have fun, because that is the point of D&D for me, anyway, to have fun.

Now, a few housekeeping notes to start us off:
1) Please post all relevant info about your characters, stats, sheets, etc.
2) Please Pick colors for your characters to speak in, also when you are speaking to people, please use " " with your color, and when it is a thought process that only your character is thinking/can hear, please use Italics.
3) Anything else I can think of will be posted here later. I will be making the IC tomorrow, or at the latest, Sunday and posting it here as well.
4) I will be using Google Docs for maps, but I will also be setting up a Stats sheet for everyone as well, so I will be posting that as soon as that is done.
5) I will be posting, in the IC thread, the meeting place and how everyone has come together. I am totally for input, so if you guys have any ideas of that I like hearing ideas from my players.

Thanks so much for showing interest and I hope we have some fun!

This is the IC thread (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=247453). Read along if you want!

Current Players:
{table=head]Player | Character | Race | Class/Paragon Path | Role
CalebRoberts | Infernion (http://iplay4e.appspot.com/characters/agdpcGxheTRlchQLEgtDaGFyYWN0ZXJWMhi3gLgGDA) | Dragonborn | Warlock/Scion of Arkhosia | Stiker
Ascy | Ewin (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=412329) | Tiefling | Paladin/Hospitaler | Defender
Scylfing | Mai-Sal Stormchaser (http://plothook.net/RPG/profiler/view.php?id=9402) | Genasi | Wizard/Element Unchained | Controller
Sabishii | Virgil the Seeker (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=498065) | Drow | Rogue/Master Infiltrator | Striker
DrGunsForHands | Petra (http://iplay4e.appspot.com/characters/agdpcGxheTRlchQLEgtDaGFyYWN0ZXJWMhj-mcIHDA) | Hamadryad | Cleric/Messenger of Peace | Leader
Silver Coin | Durandal (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=576402)| Human | Paladin-Fighter/Swordmaster | Defender[/table]

Past Players:
{table=head]Player | Character | Race | Class/Paragon Path | Role
horngeek | Evalie (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=412125) | Elf | Ranger/Shinaelestran Guardian | Striker
Rausdaower | Lucius Hook (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=397040) | Human | Fighter/Kulkor Arms Master | Defender
Great_Dane | Dak (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=421841) | Githzerai | Artificer/Battle Engineer | Leader
Chambers | Arya Fey-Branche (http://plothook.net/RPG/profiler/view.php?id=10831) | Drow | Druid/Coiled Serpent | Controller
Anonomouss | Riordan "The Silver Hawk" (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=471243) | Eladrin | Warlord/Battle Captain | Leader[/table]

Recruitment Thread (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=245024) - Just for reference.

Recruitment stuff:
Build your character as if you were starting at level 12, so a 11, 12, & 13 item, and with 13,000g to spend on whatever else you want. I might have given my original players more gold, but I don't think so, however look for an update on what the gold amount will be.

Also, a free Expertise or Non-AC Defense Feat. Themes and Backgrounds are fine.

Pretty much anything is good with me, I have a DDI account, so have at it! Any questions please don't hesitate to ask.

Big 16:
1. What game system are you running (D&D, Call of Cthulu, Palladium, GURPS, etc.), and if applicable what edition (Original, Classic, Revised, 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 5th, 10th, etc.)? D&D 4e

2. What 'type' or variant of game will it be (i.e. "Shadow Chasers" or "Agents of Psi" for d20 Modern)? What is the setting for the game (eg. historic period, published or homebrewed campaign setting, alternate reality, modern world, etc.)? Forgotten Realms

3. How many Players are you looking for? Will you be taking alternates, and if so, how many? 1

4. What's the gaming medium (OOTS, chat, e-mail etc.)?
PbP on the forums
5. What is the characters' starting status (i.e. experience level)?
Level 12
6. How much gold or other starting funds will the characters begin with? Standard array, 13,000g

7. Are there any particular character classes, professions, orders, etc. that you want... or do not want? What are your rules on 'prestige' and/or homebrewed classes?
No Homebrew
8. What races, subraces, species, etc. are allowed for your game? Will you allow homebrewed races or species? 'Prestige' races or species?
No Homebrew
9. By what method should Players generate their attributes/ability scores and Hit Points?
Point buy
10. Does your game use alignment? What are your restrictions, if so?
Nothing overly evil, and party killing please
11. Do you allow multi-classing, or have any particular rules in regards to it?
Fine by me
12. Will you be doing all of the die rolling during the course of the game? Will die rolls be altered, or left to the honor system? If players can make die rolls, which ones do they make, how should they make the rolls, and how should they report them?
Make rolls in the threads, spoiler stuff in IC
13. Are there any homebrewed or optional/variant rules that your Players should know about? If so, list and explain them, or provide relevant links to learn about these new rules.
Not really, no
14. Is a character background required? If so, how big? Are you looking for anything in particular (i.e. the backgrounds all ending up with the characters in the same city)?
A nice background is always a plus, esp one that works in our current spot. PM me if you have good ideas to work your character in to the story. The longer the BG the better, in my eyes. I love 'em!
15. Does your game involve a lot of hack & slash, puzzle solving, roleplaying, or a combination of the above?
Combo, but mostly RP and hack and slash
16. Are your Players restricted to particular rulebooks and supplements, or will you be allowing access to non-standard material? What sources can Players use for their characters?

horngeek
2012-06-22, 11:43 PM
Evalie will be speaking in Royal Blue

...I considered yellow, but decided to spare your eyes the torture. :P

{{I often use a character's hair or eye color for their speaking color. At least when they don't have black hair. :smalltongue:}}

Rausdower
2012-06-23, 04:43 AM
Lucius talks in Bolded Dark Gray.

Ascy
2012-06-23, 06:59 AM
Ewin will speak in a deep dark red, which fits his skin color nicely.

96 HP | AC:31 | Fort:26 | Ref:24 | Will:27 | 13 Surges/day

When he uses a shield (always :P ), all allies gain a +1 shield bonus to AC.

Also, it's going to be.. interesting without a leader in the party to heal. ;)

horngeek
2012-06-23, 07:03 AM
<.<
>.>

Your Paladin will probably be filling the healing role most of the time, to be honest. Otherwise... I suppose we'll all need to stock up on healing potions. :P

Dacia Brabant
2012-06-23, 07:10 AM
Mai will speak in indigo.

Mai-Sal Stormchaser
Stormsoul Genasi Wizard (Mage)/Element Unchained
HP/Max: 66/66 S/U: 7/0
AC: 26 Fort: 26 Ref: 27 Will: 25
Initiative: +10 Speed: 6
P.Insight: 35 P.Perception: 18

Powers/spellbook (* = currently memorized):

At-will:
Arc Lightning
Beguiling Strands
Magic Missile (feature)

Encounter:
Burning Hands*
Grasping Shadows
Shock Sphere*
Color Spray
Winter's Wrath*
Enemies Abound
Assassin's Shroud x2 (feat)
Elemental Eruption (pp)

Daily:
Fountain of Flame*
Phantom Chasm
Fireball*
Grasp of the Grave
Ice Storm*
Visions of Ruin

Utility:
Prestidigitation (feature)
Spook (feature)
Suggestion (feature)
Promise of Storm (racial)
Use Vulnerability (theme)
Shield*
Instant Friends
Refocus
Wizard's Escape*
Illusory Wall
Mass Resistance*
Elemental Transposition (pp)

Items:
Thunderwave Staff +3
Orb of Nimble Thoughts +2
Genasi Soul Leather Armor +2
Headband of Intellect
Dice of Auspicious Fortune

Character portrait:

http://www.wizards.com/mtg/images/daily/wallpapers/WP_Staggershock_1024x768.jpg

By the way, would it be all right if I changed my background feature to Calimshan regional benefit from Arcane Tracker? Assuming the regional benefits from the FRPG are allowed of course. And uh, wow there are 17 languages in Forgotten Realms, up from the standard 10 in 4e D&d. Scholar 10 + Traveler's Insight for the win! :smallbiggrin:

CalebRoberts
2012-06-23, 02:16 PM
Infernion speaks in "Blood Red"

Dragonborn Warlock - Infernion
iPlay4e link (http://iplay4e.appspot.com/characters/agdpcGxheTRlchQLEgtDaGFyYWN0ZXJWMhi3gLgGDA)

Background
Creation StoryOver 200 years ago this whole business began. I was once what you people call a Kobold and knew that I would spend my life groveling at the feet of Infernus as his slave. Like all in my tribe, my scales had turned a glossy red from proximity to the fiery dragon and I could feel a warmth growing in my belly.

I was one of twenty that were summoned to Infernus small chambers that morning. I remember feeling surprised and greatly honored that s/he knew my name even. I know now that I was not special he simply never forgets. I was the last to arrive that morning and I am now certain that is why I was the one to survive.

I have concluded over the long years that I am the product of a failed experiment to create powerful and utterly obedient lieutenants. The first thing Infernus did was power some spell that held all of us immobile. He then worked methodically down the line, taking about half an hour with each of us.

He had a pile of immense scrolls prepared, clearly to make the spells go faster. At each of us He punctured His palm and let a gush of burning blood pour over our small, frail bodies. Our King would then speak the command words and the scroll would burst into flames and what I now know as runes would appear on out blood drenched frames.

Each of my tribe mates would cry out in anguish as it burst into flames. The screaming only stopped when enough of them was turned to charcoal and they could not express their pain any longer. This process happened quickly and I was comforted by the fact that my pain would be brief. I actually felt honored that the great Infernus would use me to power what I knew must be some spell to gain Him more wealth and power.

When each scream ended I noticed something slightly odd that I dismissed at the time. A red glow separate from the fire would appear around the corpse, then jump the still screaming corpse down the line. As Inernus drew closer to me the red glow from the screaming corpse grew larger but the screaming also grew much longer. The kobolds were growing and warping, even as they burned to cinders. They lived much longer under the flames and I began to grow very scared.

When it was my turn the Kobold next to me was already on fire and screaming but the red glow was still three kobolds down the line. They were living so long that I was already being tortured by their screams. I had never been so close to Infernus and the heat radiating from it was almost too much already. Its hot blood washed over me and I began to scream. The blood was so hot that I felt my scale begin to melt onto my flesh, then I lit on fire. My body cracked and broke apart under my skin. My bones rearranged themselves and stretched my skin so far that it tore, and still I burned. At some point my mind must have been overwhelmed by the pain and physical change that I lost consciousness. I awoke, still standing and very disoriented. I felt as f I was standing above my body, well over where my head should be. My hands were huge as I raised them into my sight. I was still covered by glossy red scales, but the scales were bigger and thicker. A fire burned in my chest.
History to Present
As I eventually learned I had just been imbued with the life force of 19 of my tribes people combined with the blood of Infernus. Clearly the whole ritual was enacted to create a creature like me because Infernus was very please in his work. I was powerful, both Physically and Magically. I was to be the first of many exarchs Infernus was to create. His ambition was no less then to rule all life.

I was to be his voice and arm when he was either busy or could not be bothered to deal with a problem. Over the next One Hundred and Fifty years I was exactly that. He named me Infernion, clearly after him and to always remind me that I was inferior to him.

Over the next Hundred or so years I was his faithful servant and worshiper. I slaughtered thousands in the name of Infernus. I led Kobold armies, always extending his reach and gathering powerful devices and wealth. I was allowed personal chambers in his lair, a workshop, and all the servants I wanted. I treated the Kobolds I had com from as disposable.

My workshop was were I trained and expanded my knowledge. I created equipment there to enhance my already terrible powers. Two rods I forged to burn my enemies from within. I created a suit of scales dropped by Infernus himself. It cloaks me in black smoke and yet reveals my enemies' weakness at the same time.

Infernus continued to douse me with his blood every five years for a time. I began to sprout the buds of wings on my back and a tail began to sprout from my lower spine. I realized that I was going to become some kind of dragon eventually, yet always under the talon of Infernus.

Ambition was the first impetus for me to create the amulet. I wanted power for myself so I devised a method to escape Infernus. I worked on it under a spell I had designed to prevent my attacks from being noticed until it was too late. because I am talking to you, it is proof that my spell worked. The Iron amulet was designed for one purpose only, to prevent Infernus from locating me by magical means. It was the only way I could devise to stay hidden once I escaped.

It took me fifty years to finish the bindings on the amulet. During that time a curious change took over me. As I contemplated leaving Infernus I ruminated on what I would do. This lead to me thinking about what I had done. I despised myself for the killings and subjugations. I killed my own people even, and laughed while I did it. Infernus almost had my soul but he was too late. On my next assignment I left and did not return. Wearing the amulet has thus far protected me. Infernus scryies for me daily but cannot penetrate my wards.
Motivation/Personality/Appearance
Motivation
Infernion seeks to remove Infernus' power and to humiliate the evil Red Dragon. Killing Infernus is not his goal, at least not until the Dragon has realized is has lost all of its power, its wealth, and influence.

Infernion approaches this goal with a long-term mindset. He has come to understand that, just like dragons, he grows more powerful with age and closer to accomplishing his goal. Consequently, not every waking moment is spent on the humiliation of Infernus.

Infernion travels the realms, inciting hatred of Infernus among the people that are not under the Dragon's thumb. Infernion dares not enter the Red Dragon's territory for fear that his wards will not work and he will have to face Infernus alone and unprepared.

Personality
Infernion tries his best to be cool and calculating. He makes smart decisions that do not risk his life. However, he bears within him the blood and soul of a Red Dragon. When his ire is raised, Infernion can fly into a rage and pour death upon his enemies. When he was still a servant of Infernus he would lay waste to entire villages singlehandedly and not know he had done it until his rage cooled.

Appearance
This image is pretty perfect.
The only addition is a large black iron amulet worn tight around the neck

http://i1127.photobucket.com/albums/l639/HobbesIris/Red_Dragonborn_Warlock_by_LolloBoloz.png
Mechanical Summary
====== Created Using Wizards of the Coast D&D Character Builder ======
level 14
Dragonborn, Warlock, Scion of Arkhosia
Build: Scourge Warlock
Eldritch Blast Option: Eldritch Blast Constitution
Eldritch Pact Option: Sorcerer-King Pact
Twofold Pact Option: Infernal Pact
Dragonborn Racial Power Option: Dragon Breath
Dragon Breath Key Ability: Dragon Breath Constitution
Dragon Breath Damage Type: Dragon Breath Fire/Acid
Theme: Infernal Prince

FINAL ABILITY SCORES
STR 11, CON 22, DEX 14, INT 18, WIS 9, CHA 17

STARTING ABILITY SCORES
STR 10, CON 16, DEX 13, INT 14, WIS 8, CHA 14

AC: 26 Fort: 29 Ref: 29 Will: 27
HP: 99 Surges: 12 Surge Value: 30
Resist 6: Ongoing damage

TRAINED SKILLS
Arcana +16, Bluff +17, History +18, Intimidate +17

UNTRAINED SKILLS
Acrobatics +9, Athletics +7, Diplomacy +12, Dungeoneering +6, Endurance +13, Heal +6, Insight +6, Nature +6, Perception +6, Religion +11, Stealth +9, Streetwise +10, Thievery +9

POWERS
Basic Attack: Melee Basic Attack
Basic Attack: Ranged Basic Attack
Infernal Prince Attack: Hellfire Heart
Dragonborn Racial Power: Dragon Breath
Warlock's Curse Power: Warlock's Curse
Warlock Attack 1: Eldritch Blast
Warlock Attack 1: Hand of Blight
Warlock Attack 1: Diabolic Grasp
Warlock Attack 1: Flames of Phlegethos
Warlock Attack 1: Hellish Rebuke
Warlock Pact Boon 1: Dark One's Blessing
Warlock Utility 2: Ethereal Stride
Warlock Attack 5: Hellsworn Blessing
Warlock Utility 6: Fate's Frayed Thread
Warlock Attack 7: Howl of Doom
Warlock Attack 9: Command Insanity
Warlock Utility 10: Infernal Inheritor
Scion of Arkhosia Attack 11: Dragon's Wrath
Scion of Arkhosia Utility 12: Dragon Wings
Warlock Attack 13: Killing Flames

FEATS
Bonus Feat: Improved Defenses Retrain (Level 14) Superior Reflexes
Bonus Feat: Twofold Pact
Level 1: Primed Curse Retrain (Level 2): Superior Fortitude
Level 2: Superior Will
Level 4: Rod Expertise
Level 6: Mindbite Scorn
Level 8: Dual Implement Spellcaster
Level 10: Bloodied Boon
Level 11: Improved Initiative
Level 12: Twofold Curse
Level 14: Flitting Shadows

ITEMS
Adventurer's Kit
Shadow Warlock Leather Armor +2
Rod of Brutality +2
Vicious Rod +3
Absence Amulet +3
Warlock's Bracers sold for:
Boots of Eagerness
Backlash Tattoo
Gloves of Eldritch Admixture (Paragon)

1385 gp

Wishlist:

Ring of the Dragonborn Emperor - Lvl 15
Invigorating Coins - Lvl 15
Absence Amulet +4 - Lvl 17 (Upgrade of existing)
Shadow Warlock Armor +3 - Lvl 15 (Upgrade of existing)
Gloves of Eldritch Admixture - Lvl 18
Vicious Rod +4 - Lvl 18 (Upgrade of existing)
Rod of Brutality +3 - Lvl 14 (Upgrade of existing)
Razordark Bracers - Lvl 11

Wondrous items are wonderful and I leave them in your hands Celtic.

Irish Musician
2012-06-23, 02:17 PM
Yeah, no leader is an interesting thing, but don't worry, I won't be too hard on you :smalltongue::smallwink:

Irish Musician
2012-06-23, 02:22 PM
Oh, and Caleb, can you put your BG in with your character Sheet, Thanks!

I give you.....the IC Thread (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?p=13445442#post13445442), I hope it doesn't suck :smallsmile:

CalebRoberts
2012-06-23, 11:53 PM
Oh, and Caleb, can you put your BG in with your character Sheet, Thanks!
I copied my submission post into my post above, background and all.

Irish Musician
2012-06-24, 12:04 PM
I copied my submission post into my post above, background and all.

That will work, thanks!

Irish Musician
2012-06-24, 04:39 PM
Feel free to talk amongst yourselves if you would like :smallbiggrin: So put it in perspective, you arrived within 30ish mins of each other. You have only been waiting, together, for about 10 when the servants came in, and all of that took about 30 mins as well, with the food and drinks and wash bowls.

Irish Musician
2012-06-24, 11:14 PM
So, I am going to be doing individual "encounters" with the Dragon Queen, and then a big group "encounter" with her. Please bear with me as we get these done. Obviously I can't stop you from meta-gaming, I can only ask that you don't transfer your player knowledge to your character knowledge. Thank you for your cooperation and patience :smallbiggrin:

horngeek
2012-06-24, 11:17 PM
<.<
>.>

Maybe run them in parallel? Otherwise, this might take ages.

Irish Musician
2012-06-24, 11:48 PM
<.<
>.>

Maybe run them in parallel? Otherwise, this might take ages.

Hmm I thought about that, but wasn't sure. Good idea. And please, as I am DMing, let me know of idea(like this one) that seem better for gameplay, seeing as this is my first time for DMing PbP :smallbiggrin:

So this sequence of events will go turn by turn, as in only one of you will be in her room at a time, until she calls for all of you, which I will make clear when that time comes. Thanks!

Also, I would ask you to put a title, much like the ones I have put in your encounters, on all of your posts, just so I can keep up with who is who easier. Having a title in the middle like these helps me(and my brain for it is crazy) so very much! :smallsmile:

horngeek
2012-06-25, 03:57 AM
O.o

Lucius is lucky this one's a nice dragon...

Irish Musician
2012-06-25, 08:21 AM
O.o

Lucius is lucky this one's a nice dragon...

Heh, yes. This will be an interesting encounter for him :smallbiggrin:

Dacia Brabant
2012-06-25, 08:44 AM
Thanks for the reminder about the header with the character's name at the start of the post, it's a lot easier to tell who's speaking that way. I've gone back and edited them in to my previous posts.

On the subject of making things easier to read, could you bold Metherna's speech text? Silver's a hard color to see on a white background and is much easier to read when bolded.

Irish Musician
2012-06-25, 08:46 AM
Yeah, I was actually thinking, after going back and trying to read her speech, it was a bit too light. I will change to a darker grey.

@Rausdower - A little thing in your BG I just noticed. If you served Vala as a soldier, you would not be defending your self from the threat of Infernus and Metherna, but of Infernus and Thorn. Vala and Metherna are allies and work together quite often for the good of the land, though very much in their own ways :smallwink:

Dacia Brabant
2012-06-25, 08:54 AM
Thanks!

So what's that old adage about not making dragons angry, for you are tasty and go well with ketchup? :smallamused:

Irish Musician
2012-06-25, 09:02 AM
Heh, yeah. I had a Gold Dragon king in a campaign I DM'ed a long time ago. One of my PC's pissed of an NPC of mine, who was from a very influential family, and then he complained to them who then complained to the king. So one night, I actually had the dragon king, who was pretty much always in human form, actually fly out to where they were camping and pin them all down with is claws and tail, haha it was hilarious. All their eyes were as big as saucers :smalltongue:

horngeek
2012-06-25, 09:19 AM
And one of the party members wouldn't react well to insulting this particular dragon either. :P

Irish Musician
2012-06-25, 09:21 AM
Heh, yeah. That is very true :smallbiggrin: Which is part of the reason Metherna thought it best to talk to you individually at first :smallwink:

Rausdower
2012-06-25, 10:32 AM
@Rausdower - A little thing in your BG I just noticed. If you served Vala as a soldier, you would not be defending your self from the threat of Infernus and Metherna, but of Infernus and Thorn. Vala and Metherna are allies and work together quite often for the good of the land, though very much in their own ways :smallwink:

I didn't see myself serving Vala as a soldier...or anyone really as I left exactly where I came from unexplained. He's not so willing to bend knee to any high power outside of a general much less a dragon. But if Vala is the head of my military then that's fine.

And yes, I have more balls than brains. :smallcool:

And if I can disrespect a dragon, think of what chance you guys got with me. :smallcool::smallcool:

Irish Musician
2012-06-25, 10:39 AM
I didn't see myself serving Vala as a soldier...or anyone really as I left exactly where I came from unexplained. He's not so willing to bend knee to any high power outside of a general much less a dragon. But if Vala is the head of my military then that's fine.

And yes, I have more balls than brains. :smallcool:

Yes, Vala, and Metherna for that matter, are not only the rulers, but also the top Generals of their armies, as are the other dragons.

Haha, that's ok. When you piss off an ancient dragon, you know it :smallwink:

Irish Musician
2012-06-27, 12:53 PM
Make any preparations you guys need to, just throw a post in the IC about what you do, then meet at the castle again.....kinda thing :smallsmile:

Dacia Brabant
2012-06-27, 12:56 PM
Sure, was planning to, I won't have time until tonight though. Do you want to set a deadline for when we move to the next scene?

Irish Musician
2012-06-27, 01:08 PM
Do you want to set a deadline for when we move to the next scene?

Oh, ya know. Say within the next 24-48 hours if everyone has put down a little "what they are doing for the night until the next morning" post, I'll go ahead and move the story along.

Irish Musician
2012-06-28, 03:37 PM
Let me know what you guys do to get ready for camp, i.e. watches, lighting a fire, etc., etc. As soon as some per-sleep posts get up, I will continue along :smallbiggrin:

Also, could everyone fill out their stats on the "Character Stats" Tab on the map document, which is linked in my signature at all times. Thanks!!

Rausdower
2012-06-28, 04:24 PM
I have a riding lizard so I'll be using that from here on out.

Irish Musician
2012-06-28, 04:31 PM
I have a riding lizard so I'll be using that from here on out.

Oh, ok cool. Fine by me, just substitute "horse" for "lizard" in your case :smalltongue:

CalebRoberts
2012-06-29, 01:02 AM
Infernion can fly as a move action but must land each time. I am going to just use the flight and touching down as his mode of transportation.

His CON is very high so he likely can sustain this for a long time.

At level 16 he gains an overland flight speed of 12.

Irish Musician
2012-06-29, 10:42 AM
That's fine Caleb, the others just won't be going as fast, yet, because horses are speed 8 and you are speed 6, so traveling will take just slightly longer. Not a whole lot, but a little bit.

Also, love the RP everyone. Don't worry, we will be getting to battle soon enough :smallbiggrin: I just really like the RP going on right now. As soon as everyone is nestled into bed, or on watch, I will make a continuation post. And thanks everyone for updating their info on the Character Stats sheet, only one I have left is Evalie. I like having the Passives there so I can just look it up in one easy location, and then tell you what you see/feel in certain situations, etc. Like on watches.......:smallwink:

Dacia Brabant
2012-07-01, 11:03 AM
Just posting to say I did reply in the IC thread, that stupid forum bug just isn't showing the thread as being updated.

Irish Musician
2012-07-01, 03:02 PM
There it is!! I see it now :smallbiggrin:

Irish Musician
2012-07-03, 09:30 AM
Soooooooo, anymore posts that anyone wants to do for "talking on the road", or do y'all want to make it to the campsite now?

CalebRoberts
2012-07-03, 10:58 AM
Campsite. But then again Infernion is a suspicious bastard that keeps to himself. I am more then happy to read the excellent RP happening between the other players.

Rausdower
2012-07-03, 01:22 PM
I'm ready for camp. Much like the dirty human, my urge to smash is rising. :smallfurious:

Dacia Brabant
2012-07-03, 02:01 PM
That's fine with me, Mai's talked enough for one day. Let's get to fighting. :smallbiggrin:

Irish Musician
2012-07-03, 02:34 PM
Heh, ok cool. I am not going to do watches, instead, I am going to go with Passive Perceptions, and should you notice something, it will wake you with enough time to do things, like wake people, or attack or whatever. That was it is just easier than waiting for people to post watch order, etc. IC coming up soon!!

Irish Musician
2012-07-03, 06:32 PM
horngeek, would you fill out your stat info next to the map tab for me? Thanks so much!!

CalebRoberts
2012-07-04, 12:12 PM
We dont have much time. Can Ewin wake us all up?

Ascy
2012-07-04, 02:15 PM
Well, I guess i can do that too, I just wasn't sure if it would be the smartest thing to start yelling. :D
Do I get editing retcon powers? :P

Irish Musician
2012-07-05, 02:01 PM
Yeah, go for the retcon waking everyone up, I figured you would anyway :smalltongue:

Ascy
2012-07-05, 03:32 PM
Alrighty, and done.
Man, I'm gonna be embarrassed if it turns out to just be some little birds. :D

Irish Musician
2012-07-05, 04:16 PM
Well, I wouldn't say little :smalltongue: Also, I am going to make an IC post. Will everyone be so kind as to roll initiative, and we will get this rolling. Actually I will roll Initiative for everyone, just to make it easier, so we aren't waiting on people for initiative.

Irish Musician
2012-07-05, 04:33 PM
Oh, and if it is ok with everyone, I am actually not going to be using pictures for the combat map. It is easier for me to see the names of characters for my brain, instead of pictures :smallwink: Thanks everyone, if that takes away from the fun of playing, then we can try and use pictures, because the last thing I want to do is be a drag, and you guys not have fun.

Also, I am going to try individual initiative for this first fight, if it doesn't seem to work well, I might move to a, PC's then monsters or visa versa initiative.....if combat doesn't move quickly or doesn't work or something. And any suggestions/input you guys have on mechanics for game-play I am all ears for as well.

Rausdower
2012-07-05, 07:21 PM
Yes! First attack of the campaign and it (probably) wasn't a complete whiff.
Unlike a certain other new char of mine, damn nat 2...
I feel like we've won already :smallsmile:

horngeek
2012-07-05, 07:28 PM
Wait, what is the initiative order, anyway?

Basically, even if it is 'induvidual initiative', it's a good idea to let PCs next to each other on the initiative order post at the same time, so we don't have to wait for two people to post for every PC's action. :smallsmile:

Dacia Brabant
2012-07-05, 08:22 PM
It's on the far right side of the map for this game (see Celtic's sig). For the record, T.O. is first (I'm assuming that's the mob), then Lucius, Infernion, me, Evalie and Ewin. Oh and also for the record I agree with horngeek.

Before I take my turn, I'd like to ask which skill I should roll for monster knowledge for this thing? Is it Nature?

Irish Musician
2012-07-05, 09:02 PM
I completely agree with horngeek as well, if you guys are next to each other, it isn't exact initiative, as long as you are grouped together. Ewin, in the particular instance, won't go with all the others, however. I will always put Initiative on the map, if y'all would like I can post an Initiative as well though, but it will always be on the map, and the light-purple highlighted part will be whose turn it is.

Also, The check you need to identify these things, is (drum roll please)......nature!

Edit: Also, if you even need to ask quick questions and I am in the map, click on the "other viewers" on the right upper side, and we can chat.

Dacia Brabant
2012-07-05, 09:12 PM
Cool. I'll go ahead and roll my Nature check first since it does affect my turn.

[roll0]

Irish Musician
2012-07-05, 09:32 PM
Ok, well, I am using the DDI Adventurer's Vault to do all my monster customizing, so please bear with me with the knowledge checks, for they are going to be mainly based on the "Nature" skill info of what the checks should give you.

Scylfing(only) Knowledge check:
Ok, you rolled so very well, so you know this as a Trained Owlbear. You know that they have a mean claw attack, as well as a shriek attack that will prone you that they can use after a period of time. You also know, that they are like guardians and if you attack another of their allies, they will attack you, while close to them. You know they have no natural resistances or vulnerabilities. Also, you know that Owlbears, before the Scarring, were somewhat territorial, but usually passive. You know that since the scarring, they are become much more aggresive and fierce and often attack travelers, and take what they can from them. They aren't incredibly intelligent, but very clever when they are a good alpha owlbear. They have also seemed to master primal magics and often have a "magical" leader of some sort within their packs....flocks?

I ask, with knowledge checks, that if the player who makes them decides to share the info with the rest of the group, make a mention of it in your post, then the others can come look at the spoiler-ed info. Until then, please don't look at spoiled info if you are not the person who's check it is. Thanks! :smallbiggrin: BTW, I say these things, not because I think you guys will look, but because I just need to say them as the DM :smallsmile:

Dacia Brabant
2012-07-05, 11:53 PM
Woo, crit!

19 psychic and thunder + [roll0] thunder damage.

CalebRoberts
2012-07-06, 12:25 AM
Infernion jolts at the sound of Ewin's voice but he wakes quickly. His eyes blaze red and he looks around for assault. He is about to laugh in the paladin's face when the shriek comes.

The giant feathered creature comes rushing out of the brush. Infernion grabs a hold of its soul, ready to siphon off it's power.

He makes a squeezing motion with his clawed hand. A sickly green version of the hand appears around the Owlbear's neck. It can't quite crush it wholly but the feathers whither like leaves and its neck bruises immediately.

Infernion is off with a sweep of his wings. As he moves his scales glow like coals and emit a thick smoke, obscuring his form somewhat.
Actions
Minor: Curse trained owlbear
Standard: Hand of Blight vs T.O. (spend Fell Might0

Attack: [roll0]+16 vs FORT
Damage: [roll1]+10 + [roll2](brutal 1) = 25 necrotic and psychic damage
Trained Owlbear grants CA to all until the end of my next turn.
Move: J7 to K4 - Gain concealment(Shadow Walk)

CalebRoberts
2012-07-06, 12:27 AM
in the future I will have to roll each curse dice seperatly so that the Brutal 1 property works. I will not mess with that damage roll right now.

Celtic: please inform us when creatures are bloodied. I can get my Boon then if I wish.

CalebRoberts
2012-07-06, 12:59 AM
Horngeek: remember to take the Combat Advantage into account.

horngeek
2012-07-06, 01:06 AM
That's why I'm putting +15 bonuses into my rolls, not +13. :smallsmile:

CalebRoberts
2012-07-06, 01:08 AM
Nice. I didn't know because the modifiers were all lumped together. I just want to be sure everyone takes full advantage.

Irish Musician
2012-07-06, 08:26 AM
please inform us when creatures are bloodied. I can get my Boon then if I wish.

I will, they will also be red on the map when they are bloodied. So please don't change your name colors to red :smallwink:, because that means you are bloodied. Ok, I'll be taking my monster's turns, then, it will be Ewin's turn.

Edit: @horngeek, I'm guessing those 2 attacks went against AC, yes?

Also, @Scylfing - Are you pushing him at all?

And last but not least, I have a combat tracker now(On the Character Stats Sheet), that you can check you attack rolls with, and also put in damage and it will tell you when something is dead and when it is bloodied, pretty cool huh? (Stole it from Surrealistik :smallwink:)

Irish Musician
2012-07-06, 10:49 AM
Crit on Infernion(ouch), so it is 38 dmg total and is Dazed. Mai and Evalie are dazed as well.

Irish Musician
2012-07-06, 01:52 PM
Also, oops, they are large creatures. If that adds any bonus to rolls or damage for you guys, let me know and we will go back and look at them. I have changed them on the map, Sorry guys! :smallredface:

Edit: Also, don't feel bad about using dailies, etc. I want you to flex your character's muscles in this fight, so go all out. You will get a full night's rest after this fight. I usually don't say stuff like this, but I want this first fight to be a experimental fight, not only for your characters, but also as figuring out the part as well.

Ascy
2012-07-06, 02:50 PM
I think you forgot to add the 9 temp HP to everyone due to Ewin's attack.
Also, everybody gets a +1 shield bonus to AC (due to the devout protector feat), if that isn't already acknowledged.

Irish Musician
2012-07-06, 02:56 PM
I think you forgot to add the 9 temp HP to everyone due to Ewin's attack.
Also, everybody gets a +1 shield bonus to AC (due to the devout protector feat), if that isn't already acknowledged.

Oh, I forget about that feat. Ok, I will go back and look at rolls. And if any THP's get added from someone's powers, go ahead and add them please, to you guys stats. HP''s and THP's I am going to have you guys add to the chart, just because I have a lot to keep up with.

Ascy
2012-07-06, 03:34 PM
Roger that, just wasn't quite sure how you handled those things. :)
Also: *pulls out fedora and whip* Owlbears, why'd it have to be owlbears?! :smalleek:

Rausdower
2012-07-06, 04:27 PM
Go go Gadget Crit-Rolls

[roll0] damage and he is prone. Since I prone him, I also deal damage equal to half my level (6) which is strictly inferior to before the change where I can MBA as a free action :smallmad::smallmad:

Also, does brutal apply to die rolls from an enhancement bonus?

EDIT: Forgot to mention, I can see the double defender woes of mark stealing occuring already :smallsigh:

Irish Musician
2012-07-06, 04:38 PM
Never did use Owlbears before so I figured, why not :smallwink:

Oh, and no, Brutal doesn't apply to +'s for crits because of magic, just weapon damage rolls.

EDIT: Raus, also since you ended in the aura, he gets to slide you 2 and you get 5 dmg.

Dacia Brabant
2012-07-06, 05:03 PM
Hmm, yeah I think the two defenders will have to start splitting the battlefield, with Lucius tanking the ones on the right side and Ewin those on the left.

Since I only can take one action here, is there anyone who specifically needs some control thrown their way? I'd like to push or prone the ones that are next to the strikers, but the two over by Lucius have been hurt the most.

Irish Musician
2012-07-06, 05:07 PM
Just a quick put in, I have updated y'all HP's. Double check me on it to make sure my math isn't bad (it does tend to be :smallwink:).

Dacia Brabant
2012-07-06, 05:55 PM
Oops, I should've let you just change my HP total for me instead of editing it myself. Mai had 9 temp HP so her total should be 50 (66 +9 -25) with no temp HP. My bad.

Irish Musician
2012-07-06, 05:59 PM
Actually, she should still have the THP's, because that attack happened before you got those THP's.

Dacia Brabant
2012-07-06, 06:04 PM
Oops again, I didn't notice that. Double my bad. :smalltongue:

CalebRoberts
2012-07-07, 12:15 AM
Rausdower: you can mark all enemies that you attack as a fighter each turn.

CalebRoberts
2012-07-07, 12:17 AM
Begining of turn:
Save vs Dazed (Superior Will)
[roll0]
Poop!

CalebRoberts
2012-07-07, 12:44 AM
CRIT damage! [roll0]

This is a ton of Crits! I love it.

Rausdower
2012-07-07, 02:19 AM
Rausdower: you can mark all enemies that you attack as a fighter each turn.

I know, I figure it'll go without saying at this point.

And I should have 50 HP until I use Tempered in Blood to auto-use a healing surge once bloodied and my cloak's property to use another on top of it to bring myself to 103 total HP :smallcool:

CalebRoberts
2012-07-07, 02:20 AM
I guess my question is, did you mark them? If so can you note that on the map?

Irish Musician
2012-07-07, 08:22 AM
I know, I figure it'll go without saying at this point.

And I should have 50 HP until I use Tempered in Blood to auto-use a healing surge once bloodied and my cloak's property to use another on top of it to bring myself to 103 total HP :smallcool:

Like a Boss that's next turn though, right? Oh, its a free action thing, gotcha. Could you add that to your IC actions for me Raus? That is where I look at for the things you guys do in combat, and don't want to have to flip flop back and forth form the OOC and IC to look for actions. And on a side note...when I play melee, I don't go anywhere without my Cloak of Walking Wounded :smallbiggrin:

Very good guys. I actually do have a leader lined up if we end up thinking we need them. I did, however, want to see how this fight went and if you guys felt you needed one. If not, then no big deal.....but if you guys feel more comfortable with one, then that is fine as well, I can deal with 6 :smallbiggrin:

Edit: Also, how did...oohhh You don't add your modifiers in your rolls Caleb. Wow that confused my mind lol. Nvm, I got it now. Cool.

CalebRoberts
2012-07-07, 09:35 AM
Also, how did...oohhh You don't add your modifiers in your rolls Caleb. Wow that confused my mind lol. Nvm, I got it now. Cool.

I prefer to see the rolls. Also, both Young Owlbears just violated the Divine Sanction. 13 Radiant damage to each.

Irish Musician
2012-07-07, 09:38 AM
I prefer to see the rolls. Also, both Young Owlbears just violated the Divine Sanction. 13 Radiant damage to each.

That's cool. And the youngin's aren't too smart :smallwink:

Edit:Oh, and the WCO gets an attack, because he got bloodied, will post that now.

CalebRoberts
2012-07-07, 09:44 AM
Who puts that damage on the spreadsheet?

Irish Musician
2012-07-07, 09:51 AM
I have been, I don't think anyone else has been, but not sure. Some of them are combined, like for the young ones.

CalebRoberts
2012-07-07, 09:54 AM
I see! That is where my confusion is.

I am trying to keep up there. Your spreadsheet is rather elegant in terms of function.

I was bummed that Infernion did not get bloodied. Dam THP.

I always like having a leader in the party. One or two encounters per day without a leader is fine but pushing into 3,4,5... encounters can be murder with out them. What class is this leader in the wings?

Irish Musician
2012-07-07, 09:59 AM
He is an ardent, though I am sure he would have no problem making whatever it is you guys wanted him to make, he loves making characters. Also, is your concealment up now?

CalebRoberts
2012-07-07, 10:00 AM
I LIKE Ardents!

Concealment re-upped b/c Infernion moved 3 spaces again on his turn.
This is from the Warlock "Shadow Walk" class feature.

Irish Musician
2012-07-07, 10:01 AM
Haha yeah I just saw that. Ya know, actually READ the text on the map helps :smalltongue: Thanks for putting the rounds on the effects, that actually does help.

CalebRoberts
2012-07-07, 10:02 AM
Ardents are not super healers which will be good since Ewin is a leader Lite.

In my PbP games that I DM I have to put the rounds there, otherwise I forget when they expire.

Irish Musician
2012-07-07, 10:04 AM
Heh, yeah. I have to remind myself as well, on here anyway. It's easier in my home game I DM to keep up with the rounds.

Never played an Ardent, I haven't played anything with the power points yet. Can't decide if I like them or not. The kinda freak me out :smalltongue:

CalebRoberts
2012-07-07, 10:08 AM
Power Points are only a minor alteration to the encounter power idea.

Basically Power Point classes have a large amount of versatility with a low amount of powers. Each at-will has it's basic option. The the first Augment level just changes the effects, not the damage (generally). The second Augment level ups the damage and effects to something like an Encounter power.

They work well and will not break your game.

Irish Musician
2012-07-07, 10:16 AM
Yeah, I read about them and everything. I guess I am just going to have to suck it up and try one out one day, heh :smallamused:

CalebRoberts
2012-07-07, 10:17 AM
My personal favorite is an Ardent who uses a polearm.

Irish Musician
2012-07-07, 10:21 AM
He said he went superior crossbow, which really kinda caught my interest. Don't know many times someone has used a crossbow, really.

CalebRoberts
2012-07-07, 10:23 AM
Are you sure he isn't playing an Artificer? Ardents have 0 ranged powers.

Irish Musician
2012-07-07, 10:29 AM
Haha, yeah. You are right. He rolled up an Artificer.

Irish Musician
2012-07-07, 10:46 AM
Are you rolling one attack for both enemies Scy? Because if both of those powers targets both enemies, there needs to be a roll for each of them, and then 1 damage roll. I will use those for the TO, so make a roll for each power for the WCO.

Dacia Brabant
2012-07-07, 11:09 AM
Oops, sorry I forgot to do that. Shouldn't be posting first thing in the morning I guess.

Fountain of Flame vs. WCO: [roll0]
Beguiling Strands vs. WCO: [roll1]

Damage rolls should still be the same.

Irish Musician
2012-07-07, 11:16 AM
Well, the damaged was maxed on the other guy, cuz you crit on him :smallbiggrin: I Wrote out a nice crit death scene for you, hope you like it. When you guys crit and it kills the monster, I like fluffing it in an epic way.

EDIT: Oh and since you ended your turn in the aura, you take 5 damage, and can get slid 2 squares.

Dacia Brabant
2012-07-07, 11:27 AM
That's cool, that was a nice description. I uh, didn't crit it though, that was a 27 to hit, not a 37. Hopefully I still killed it. :smalltongue:

Well at least there's still my second attack, and the first does half damage on a miss at least. I love Beguiling Strands + Enchantment specialization + Thunderwave staff. :smallbiggrin:

Irish Musician
2012-07-07, 11:44 AM
Oh, well if you didn't crit, then I just have to take away all the damage. Sorry :smalltongue:

Yeah, you still killed him, but I like the description, so I'll leave it :smallbiggrin:

horngeek
2012-07-08, 07:48 PM
...I'm up now, aren't I? Wait a bit... busy weekend...

Irish Musician
2012-07-09, 08:47 AM
Heh no problem. I tend to let the weekends be as they will and don't usually push too much since it is the weekend and most people, including myself, tend to get a lot busier then. So no worries :smallwink:

Irish Musician
2012-07-10, 08:09 AM
Soooo, @horngeek, what's the word?

Edit:Also, mythweavers is down, for now. I will try and keep up with it today and let you guys know when it is back up. I forget how many of you have your sheet on there, I know not all of you, but hopefully Mythweavers will be up and running shortly.

horngeek
2012-07-10, 08:29 AM
...I'm one of those who do have my sheet on MW. So, I'm unsure about posting ability until it's back up, and I'll probably be asleep by then.

That said, Evalie will probably spend next turn marking the big one, and then attacking it with one of her Dailies if she can do that as well. So, Celtic, feel free to control her through doing that, okay?

Irish Musician
2012-07-10, 08:31 AM
Oh, okee dokee. No problem. So, big dailies and then an AP, or just a big Daily?

horngeek
2012-07-10, 08:41 AM
AP? :smallconfused:

Irish Musician
2012-07-10, 09:21 AM
Action Point.

Edit: Mythweavers is back up!

Irish Musician
2012-07-10, 12:03 PM
Alright, about to Post for Evalie. She is dazed and prone, though I don't believe horngeek realized this. Told me to use a daily, but being dazed and prone I am going to do something else for her.

Irish Musician
2012-07-10, 12:19 PM
Good thing Mai still had THP's. Man I'm criting a lot.

Dacia Brabant
2012-07-10, 12:47 PM
*grumble* Can't use immediate actions while dazed. *grumble*

Heal plz? :smalltongue:

Irish Musician
2012-07-10, 01:10 PM
You have no leader, and you paladin is across the board lol

Irish Musician
2012-07-11, 10:16 AM
The boots are a more than 1 shift, yes? Looked them up, nvm :smallbiggrin:

Wow, apparently the leader totally sucks at clawing people with any sort of armor :smalltongue:

CalebRoberts
2012-07-11, 11:37 AM
Infernion:

Superior Will - Save vs Dazed
[roll0]

Irish Musician
2012-07-11, 11:39 AM
Man, that dazed is really killing y'all :smallwink:

EDIT: Well, Raus, Looks like neither you or the Owlbear can hit each other lol

Rausdower
2012-07-11, 01:25 PM
I guess that's what happens when two dueling forces crit each other the round before.

Dat Equilibrium :smallsmile:

Irish Musician
2012-07-11, 01:38 PM
I guess that's what happens when two dueling forces crit each other the round before.

Dat Equilibrium :smallsmile:

Haha, yeah. I guess so :smallwink:

Dacia Brabant
2012-07-11, 03:13 PM
Of course the crit would be on a party member, but on the plus side there's no bonus damage on it since it's not an implement power.

Irish Musician
2012-07-11, 04:38 PM
Heh, yeah. That sucks.

Question, Scylfing, your normal hit is +18, but that wasn't a normal attack, so why were they +19?

Dacia Brabant
2012-07-11, 04:44 PM
The power is Int mod +6, so adding half-level (6) plus Int mod (6) plus 6 is 18, and the power has the [psychic] keyword so it gets another +1 from my Headband of Intellect.

Irish Musician
2012-07-11, 04:48 PM
Oooohhh, the power is - Attack: Int Mod+6.....goooootcha, my brain didn't understand there for a second :smalltongue:

Rausdower
2012-07-12, 06:09 PM
Dodging things aimed at my face, my only weakness :smallannoyed:

Oh well, I don't care so much. Can't say I'll be too pleased IC though :smallamused:

horngeek
2012-07-12, 06:34 PM
Oh, hey, first one was a critical hit. So, I do 12 damage of the normal kind, plus

[roll0] Thunder damage.

Irish Musician
2012-07-12, 06:36 PM
@horngeek You are still dazed so you can only take one action, also roll to save from dazed.

EDIT: Wow, crits abound!!!

horngeek
2012-07-12, 06:47 PM
Oh. Whoops. :smallredface: Keep the Twin Strike, then.

I assume it's either Fortitude or Will, so...

[roll0]

Irish Musician
2012-07-13, 08:16 AM
What was that roll for horngeek? I am now confused :smallredface:

Edit: I also used your invisible Stride your last turn to get you away from the middle of combat, since you were dazed. See page 3, 7th post from the bottom.

horngeek
2012-07-13, 08:45 AM
Basically, it's for her roll to end the Dazed condition. :smallredface:

Irish Musician
2012-07-13, 08:49 AM
Ohhhhhh, those are just a d20 roll now. 10 or higher and you save. Also, do you want to use the dual strike since I used your stride on your last turn?

horngeek
2012-07-13, 09:06 AM
Yeah, use the dual strike. :smallsmile:

Irish Musician
2012-07-13, 09:16 AM
Okee dokee :smallbiggrin: Went ahead and applied the damage to him. Now just make a d20 roll for me, for the save for dazed. 4e saves work a little differently now. Instead of using will or w/e to save from it, you just roll a simple 1d20 roll, no mod or anything. If you get a 10 or above, you save; If you get a 9 or below, you don't. I quite like it, actually. Simple and to the point.

horngeek
2012-07-13, 09:35 AM
*shrugs*

[roll0]

Irish Musician
2012-07-13, 09:49 AM
No longer dazed! :smallwink:

Ascy
2012-07-13, 03:27 PM
How do you handle immediate reactions?
Should we just announce them proactive or resolve them reactive at the beginning of our next turn?

Irish Musician
2012-07-13, 11:56 PM
How do you handle immediate reactions?
Should we just announce them proactive or resolve them reactive at the beginning of our next turn?

I would say, if something happens for which you have an immediate reaction, tell me in the OOC and just go ahead and post the reaction when it happens.

I don't like to retcon when I don't have to, so just post in the OOC "Hey, doing an immediate reaction" and then go ahead and do the action in the IC. :smallbiggrin:

CalebRoberts
2012-07-14, 12:47 AM
When Owlbear 1 is bloodied Infernion will gain 12 THP and the curse is removed from Owlbear 1.

EDIT: holy crap, another Crit!

Rausdower
2012-07-14, 09:19 AM
Brutal reroll [roll0]

Rausdower
2012-07-14, 09:20 AM
And again...[roll0]

Dacia Brabant
2012-07-14, 10:48 AM
How about that, another crit. Too bad it was on the one that was already bloodied though (I meant the first roll to be vs. YO1, not both :smalltongue:)

So, [roll0] +49 (extra dice are maxed with a crit as well).

Irish Musician
2012-07-16, 11:45 AM
Just FYI, talked to horngeek and he has a crazy weekend, just started school, college, back again. So he is going to be posting in the morning, which for some of us will be tonight. For others, it will be the morning as well :smalltongue: Just wanted to give you a heads up. Thanks guys for being patient, since we have players, and a DM, pretty much on different sides of the globe :smallbiggrin:

horngeek
2012-07-17, 06:48 PM
I'm pretty sure Evalie can run towwards the Owlbear as a reaction to it's movement? Because that's what she'll do. On my phone right now, which is why I can't make the changes myself.

Irish Musician
2012-07-17, 06:51 PM
I'm pretty sure Evalie can run towwards the Owlbear as a reaction to it's movement? Because that's what she'll do. On my phone right now, which is why I can't make the changes myself.

Is that a ranger thing? A power or something?

horngeek
2012-07-17, 06:57 PM
I used Eager Pursuit on him last turn, and if I hit, then that is an effect. :smallsmile:

Irish Musician
2012-07-17, 06:59 PM
I used Eager Pursuit on him last turn, and if I hit, then that is an effect. :smallsmile:

Oh, ok cool. How many squares would you like to move?, and how close would you like to be to it?

horngeek
2012-07-17, 07:02 PM
Aiming to switch to close combat on my next turnů so close enough to run up to him next turn of mine and stab him.

Irish Musician
2012-07-17, 07:04 PM
Aiming to switch to close combat on my next turnů so close enough to run up to him next turn of mine and stab him.

Ok, cool. I'll move you. But if you check it later and don't like it, feel free to move to a different place :smallbiggrin:

For reference, you were at I9, before the power's effect.

Irish Musician
2012-07-18, 11:46 AM
Alright!! You all got through your first encounter.....and no one died!! Yay!! :smalltongue:

I won't be giving XP out per encounter, I am just going to let you know, hey, you leveled. So you don't have to worry about keeping up with that.

EDIT: Also, what do you guys think about adding a leader? Do you think you need one, or do you think you are ok without one?

Ascy
2012-07-18, 01:58 PM
Yay us!
Owlbear steaks for everyone!

I think a dedicated leader might be reasonable.
Here's what I have:
4 Lay on Hands / day -> Range: touch
2 Shield of Devotion / encounter -> Range: 5, reaction to ally being hit
1 Daily which heals when I hit an enemy -> not reliable
And a little bit of healing when the mark is disobeyed

Neither of those abilities are overly effective and it's more of a supporting feature than a full healing mode.

Of course, we DID survive this one, didn't we? :P

CalebRoberts
2012-07-18, 05:20 PM
Of course, we DID survive this one, didn't we? :P
we did, but 5 monsters against 5 PCs in a location that heavily favored us (the trees largely hindered the Large creatures) is not a ver difficult encounter. In addition, 3/5 were bloodied and quite low on HP. Infernion was also very close to bloodied. Likely each PC spends 2-3 surges here.

Like you said Ascy, your Palidin is a supporting healer and not really enough in a more difficult encounter, especially with his heals be Range: Touch.

I am a big fan of the leader role and I would love to include one in our game.

Dacia Brabant
2012-07-18, 05:31 PM
Yeah, we definitely could use a Leader. The minor action ranged heals are a big part of it, but so is the help with positioning and with saving throws. Hell I'd play one myself, but I really want to give this mage a try.

CalebRoberts
2012-07-18, 05:32 PM
I think that Celtic has someone in the wings that wants to join with an Artificer.

Celtic?

Irish Musician
2012-07-18, 07:56 PM
This is a fact, I do have someone lined up, just wanted you guys to talk about it and see if you were comfortable enough without one, or if you wanted one. No problem if you do, just wanted to make sure y'all were certain of it :smallbiggrin:

If so, I'll talk to him and get him right in here!

Irish Musician
2012-07-19, 09:42 AM
Ok, got a leader for yous guys. Great Dane, good player. I'll have him post in here, and then I'll introduce him in the IC once everyone makes an after battle post with Caleb......using surges, getting to full health, etc.

Great Dane
2012-07-19, 12:21 PM
Howdy ya'll. I've been watching this game play out and growing ever-more excited with how my character idea might interact with yours. Gotta say, you guys have really done a great job at making your characters unique, fun, and diverse.

Hope you like what I bring to the table. ;)

Character sheet link will be hitting my signature sometime today. For now: Dak! (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=421841)

CalebRoberts
2012-07-19, 12:23 PM
Welcome Great Dane!

I am excited to see an Artificer in action. Join us for some Owlbear steaks.

Great Dane
2012-07-19, 12:33 PM
Gotta admit, I cheered enemy crits...they hopefully made you want a leader that much more :smallcool: I promise it's the last time I'll do that.

Irish Musician
2012-07-19, 04:54 PM
HA! That was an awesome response to the crit on you Raus! :smallbiggrin: I assume you heal yourself up and everything?

Dacia Brabant
2012-07-19, 07:04 PM
Hi Great Dane, welcome to the party! :smallbiggrin: I'll hold you to that promise of no cheering enemy crits, and while we're at it no cheering player-against-player crits either. :smallwink:

By the way Celtic, if we're going to get to take that extended rest let me know so I can pre-roll my 3 d20s per my Dice of Auspicious Fortune. I forgot to do that for today (in-game).

Rausdower
2012-07-19, 10:37 PM
HA! That was an awesome response to the crit on you Raus! :smallbiggrin: I assume you heal yourself up and everything?

I do but I'm hoping for an extended rest in our future.

No dailies and no item powers make fighter something something.

Irish Musician
2012-07-20, 10:57 AM
Yep, extended rest coming your way, I was hoping Evalie was going to make a post before I made my "nighty-night" post, but that's fine. I assume she takes whatever healing surges to get back up to full, and then goes to bed. Don't want to keep you guys waiting for too long!

horngeek
2012-07-20, 11:07 AM
Yeah, pretty much. Sorry, been busy today (well, yesterday) and got a wedding to go to this weekend. :smallbiggrin:

Irish Musician
2012-07-20, 11:26 AM
No prob. Weddings do take up a lot of time! I am about to make an IC post, horngeek, and it will be a long one, so if you would like to make an IC post after that or something, before you have to escape to the wedding :smallsmile:

Irish Musician
2012-07-20, 11:50 AM
Oh!, and something really cool that I would like you guys to do that one of my DM's does for items: I want you all to make a Wishlist of items that you want. You can have a couple of things on there, or what I Would really love is that if you made wishlist of something from every slot. Keep the stuff mostly in your range, but if you would like to put some stuff that is higher level stuff or later, that would be fine as well.

After you make it, edit it into your first post in the OOC, so I can better reference it!

CalebRoberts
2012-07-20, 12:02 PM
Basically, I just want to upgrade my existing items to their next level.

Rod of Brutality +2 >> Rod of Brutality +3
Shadow Warlock Leather +2 >> Shadow Warlock Leather +3

The easiest way to accomplish this is for me to turn on Inherent Bonuses. It takes care of the math side of the items. You wouldn't even have to award Infernion anything but gold.

Irish Musician
2012-07-20, 12:14 PM
Basically, I just want to upgrade my existing items to their next level.

Rod of Brutality +2 >> Rod of Brutality +3
Shadow Warlock Leather +2 >> Shadow Warlock Leather +3

The easiest way to accomplish this is for me to turn on Inherent Bonuses. It takes care of the math side of the items. You wouldn't even have to award Infernion anything but gold.

There aren't any wonderous items you want, hand, feet, head, etc. items you want as well? Problem is inherent bonuses is that you won't be getting all the upgrades to things at once. So go ahead and make a list for me :smallbiggrin:

Also, rare items aren't off the table for this list, just fyi to you all.

CalebRoberts
2012-07-20, 12:30 PM
There aren't any wonderous items you want, hand, feet, head, etc. items you want as well? Problem is inherent bonuses is that you won't be getting all the upgrades to things at once. So go ahead and make a list for me :smallbiggrin:

Also, rare items aren't off the table for this list, just fyi to you all.
Those were just examples. I dont understand what you mean about not getting the upgrades all at once. Unless you are giving us full suits of items at the same time that wont happen with items either.

I use the inherent bonus solution in my games so that I don't have to worry about keeping the +x bonus on my player's items up. I can give them whatever I want and find flavorful and it does not affect the math of the game.

I will make a short list but feel free to hand out whatever you want.

Great Dane
2012-07-20, 12:49 PM
BTW I'm waiting to post until others wake up and notice Dak...would seem out of place for him to be like YO HERES FOOD.

I'll also pull together a wishlist this weekend. It will probably include ritual books containing rituals too, in case you want to mix up loot a little ;)

Irish Musician
2012-07-20, 01:38 PM
It will probably include ritual books containing rituals too, in case you want to mix up loot a little ;)

I like it. Things like this as well, put on your list. Give me a chance to be able to put small stuff here and there for you guys!!

Those were just examples. I dont understand what you mean about not getting the upgrades all at once. Unless you are giving us full suits of items at the same time that wont happen with items either.

I will make a short list but feel free to hand out whatever you want.

I mean, the inherent bonuses don't effect just your attack or just your defense, they effect all your bonuses, so if you use the inherent bonuses, the bonuses would "upgrade" everything. I just, personally, don't like using the inherent bonuses in games with magic. I think items, esp getting items, is a lot more fun than using the bonuses.

Also, if I know what you guys want, it makes it easier, and more fun, for you guys to get the things you want, and makes it easier for me to not have to waste game time for you guys going to merchants and "trading in" stuff. This way, you guys can find stuff you want up front!! :smallbiggrin:

CalebRoberts
2012-07-20, 02:12 PM
Discalimer: We are talking hypothetically here. I know that we are not using Inherrant Bonuses (IB) for this game.

The thing is that the IB does not replace magic items. The two do not stack, you just take the better bonus.

Also, Defenses and Attacks are not boosted at the same levels. for example. You get a +1 to attacks at 2nd level but the +1 to defenses does not come until 4th.

Its just another way to even out the math.
______

I am going to drop this topic now. Expect a wishlist in the days to come.

Irish Musician
2012-07-20, 02:17 PM
Oh, huh. Didn't know they didn't stack. Shows you how much I use them :smalltongue:

But I think for my own mental sake, I will just stick to items.

Thanks for explaining it though! :smallbiggrin:

Dacia Brabant
2012-07-20, 04:57 PM
For Mai, Thunderwave Staff and Genasi Soul Armor are must haves, so she'd just need those to be empowered at their regular intervals (+4/5/6). I'll let you know about the other slots when I have a chance to look through some items.

Oh and before I make my next IC post, here's her Dice of Auspicious Fortune for the day.

[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]

Oof.

Great Dane
2012-07-21, 12:36 AM
So I'm going to explain in my posts exactly what powers and abilities an Artificer has. It's mostly for my own benefit, you see, because I've never played one :)

I've also realized I need to completely fill out my sheet with backstory, etc. I'll get it done on a boring Saturday.

I still have Augment Energy to grant and know who's getting it. :smalltongue:

Finally, we could roleplay that the group was so exhausted from fighting that they didn't think to search the bodies...so Dak did it instead for them, gathering whatever loot they had in a neat pile by the fire.

CalebRoberts
2012-07-21, 12:37 AM
Finally, we could roleplay that the group was so exhausted from fighting that they didn't think to search the bodies...so Dak did it instead for them, gathering whatever loot they had in a neat pile by the fire.
That is perfect. Also, please remind us of bonuses and such Dak throws out.

I am imagining Dak with a deep russian type accent, accurate?

Great Dane
2012-07-21, 12:41 AM
He actually talks more like "Happy-Gollum" from Lord of the Rings. The way his character moves and talks helped inspire Dak's personality.

CalebRoberts
2012-07-21, 12:41 AM
nice! even better.

Great Dane
2012-07-21, 10:48 PM
Alrighty, Dak's all updated.

Giving the items some thought, I'm just like the others in that my neck, weapon, hands, feet, and waist items are all set and could simply use upgraded versions when applicable, or substitute gold or residuum as desired.

Item Wishlist:

+3 Drowmesh Greater Armor of Eyes
L14 Helm of Able Defense
Ring of Feather Fall
Ring of Aquatic Ability

I feel like wondrous items are cool enough in their own right that whatever you feel like granting will be used by the party in some way. :smalltongue:

Ugh, there are way too many rituals to count. I'll just take whatever as loot. :P

CalebRoberts
2012-07-22, 12:22 AM
Wishlist:

Ring of the Dragonborn Emperor - Lvl 15
Invigorating Coins - Lvl 15
Absence Amulet +4 - Lvl 17 (Upgrade of existing)
Shadow Warlock Armor +3 - Lvl 15 (Upgrade of existing)
Note: This armor is just flavored as Infernion's own hide. Gloves of Eldritch Admixture - Lvl 8 or Lvl 18
Vicious Rod +4 - Lvl 18
Rod of Brutality +3 - Lvl 14
Razordark Bracers - Lvl 11

Wondrous items are wonderful and I leave them in your hands Celtic.

This post is copied on my first OOC post.

Great Dane
2012-07-22, 10:39 PM
I think I've said this once already, but I love the characters in this story. Infernion and Lucius get special mention for how they're roleplayed (that, and Raus is an awesome pbp-er in many games with me!) as well as Mai. But really, you all rock. Celtic seems like a great DM so far too! Looking forward to this game progressing :smallbiggrin:

CalebRoberts
2012-07-23, 12:21 AM
Why thank you Great Dane. I am glad everyone understands that Infernion is a paranoid jerk in game but that I (calebroberts) am not as a player.

I very much appreciate the maturity of this group.

Irish Musician
2012-07-23, 05:50 PM
Awesome, thanks for the wishlists everyone, I was waiting for everyone to get a post in talking to the new guy, so I will give it till in the morning and then move the party along.

All those that haven't given me a wishlist, when you get it done, just post it in your first post in the OOC. Dane, if you could just put it in a place on your sheet I can see. I guess all you guys can too if you would like, but you don't have to. :smallwink:

Dacia Brabant
2012-07-23, 06:13 PM
Sure, will do. I still haven't had a chance to take a look yet, but when I do I'll let you know and I'll add that into my first post in the thread.

Great Dane
2012-07-24, 10:21 AM
Just in case Horngeek (Evalie?) doesn't get a chance to post, I was going to enchant Evalie's bow with my Augment Energy class benefit:

You infuse a weapon or an implement with a reservoir of energy that lasts until the end of your next extended rest or until it is expended. The wielder of the implement or the weapon can use a free action after making an attack roll to expend the reservoir of energy to gain a +2 bonus to that attack roll. An implement or a weapon can be augmented only once per day in this way.

At a new milestone, I gain the ability to re-use this on a different ally's weapon, or I can choose to recharge a daily item's use via Impart Energy:

You recharge the daily power of a magic item. An item can be recharged only once per day in this way.

Think I'll edit the use of Augment Energy into my last post in case Horngeek doesn't post.

Rausdower
2012-07-24, 05:47 PM
I'll get my wishlist up later now that I have free time.

So now that we have the sixth ranger (http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/SixthRanger) the team pet (http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/TeamPet) valued ally and useful companion, Dak, are we changing the title of the campaign :smalltongue:

Great Dane
2012-07-24, 07:44 PM
I'm guessing "The Five" refer to the five dragons since "you five" (lowercase) have done nothing of value yet :smallamused:

The italics cracked me up, btw.

Irish Musician
2012-07-24, 10:32 PM
Dane is right on that one, the "Five" are the dragons, not the you people :smalltongue:

Irish Musician
2012-07-25, 08:09 AM
Oh! And Caleb, I forgot to tell you what your perception roll came out to.....which was not a lot really. You see a bunch of trees, some large hills here and there, but not much else.

Also, if you use the rollv, to see your total, you can still add in your bonus to your roll, and it will still show you what you rolled, as well as the total. In fact, I would prefer it if you did, but if you don't want to that's fine.

Like so: [roll0]

I know you had said you like to see the outcome, just letting you know that you can eliminate that extra step of having to roll, then go back and edit that roll after seeing what you got, and totaling it up.

CalebRoberts
2012-07-25, 10:14 AM
Test roll

[roll0]

CalebRoberts
2012-07-25, 10:19 AM
test

[roll0]

Irish Musician
2012-07-25, 10:36 AM
@Dane - Oh, and can you fill out your spot for Dak on the Character Status page please? Thanks!

Great Dane
2012-07-26, 09:02 AM
Added my IC post, and edited it to include the findings from my knowledge checks...

CalebRoberts
2012-07-26, 11:08 AM
Infernion would also make a perception check when he could see into the clearing.

[roll0]

Irish Musician
2012-07-26, 12:33 PM
Spoiler for DM eyes only:
[roll0]

[roll1]

Great Dane
2012-07-26, 04:33 PM
Before we get further DM intervention, I'm all for surprising these guys. Dak can sense that there is dark magic and summoning afoot, and by getting a few surprise shots on them, it might work to soften them up.

And for what it's worth, he can shoot from 40 squares away (aka no penalty for long-range) and ignores cover/superior cover.

Anyone else on board?

Edit: I GUESS SO! haha

horngeek
2012-07-26, 08:26 PM
Urgh... sorry, guys. Started college last week, and been a bit busy.

I'll get my post up now.

Irish Musician
2012-07-26, 08:37 PM
Hey horngeek, you put a d10 instead of d20 for your perception check.

horngeek
2012-07-26, 08:39 PM
...buh. :smallsigh:

[roll0]

Irish Musician
2012-07-26, 08:43 PM
...buh. :smallsigh:

Heh don't worry about it. I will PM you with what you see.

Irish Musician
2012-07-26, 09:33 PM
Ok, so, there are going to be "groups" in the initiative order. They will be separated as .1, .2, and .3 after their names. Just wanted to give you guys a heads up. It will be easier on me that way to group them like this.

Great Dane
2012-07-26, 09:40 PM
Any time for a surprise round?

Irish Musician
2012-07-26, 09:48 PM
Any time for a surprise round?

Due to the "other human's" rolls, no. They spotted you.

EDIT: Also, if you see me in the map, feel free to ask questions in the "other viewers" area.

Great Dane
2012-07-26, 11:08 PM
Knowledge check on HM2 since I will be focus-firing on him.

[roll0]
[roll1]

CalebRoberts
2012-07-27, 12:46 AM
Infernion Action Point!

Retry Infectious Curse
Attack: [roll0]
Damage: [roll1], can slide 3 squares, Target is affected with Infectious Curse (Save ends)
Any enemies that start their turn next the the target are cursed

CalebRoberts
2012-07-27, 12:54 AM
save vs ongoing
[roll0]

CalebRoberts
2012-07-27, 01:10 AM
I suspect that all the x.x creatures are minons but Celtic's damage calculator is not saying that.

Celtic?

What a way to waste a daily, and an Action point.

Great Dane
2012-07-27, 07:49 AM
Yeah that's too bad. I don't like blowing dailies in the first round against a "multitude" of enemies just because of that...but hindsight, and all that jazz :smallsigh:

Evalie's bow should be super-powered now though. Go striker go! And Mai should have some fun going all minion-clearing too...Got any area burst 2 or 3's? :smallamused:

Celtic, feel free to add me to the "OOC Table" whenever you want :smallyuk:

One final edit, I promise: My character has three immediate interrupts. Since I can only use one per round, I hope to have them all used in the first 3-4 rounds. The two for allies focus on damage prevention -- I'll try to spread the love around. The other is a defense boost that can negate attack(s) for myself.

Irish Musician
2012-07-27, 09:10 AM
I suspect that all the x.x creatures are minons but Celtic's damage calculator is not saying that.

Celtic?
Yes, you are correct, my formula just had the wrong cell to take the HP's from, instead it was taking the total form their names. so you would have been hacking on the for forever! :smalltongue:

Celtic, feel free to add me to the "OOC Table" whenever you want :smallyuk:
I dunno......its such a hassle :smallamused:

Also, ongoing 10 damage for Lucius with the Crit from the minion. Too bad the crit was just a minion :smallwink:

EDIT: Also, those of you that have been clawed thus far, feel a little bit odd. Nothing seems to be affecting you, but you feel a little feverish and any joy you may have seems to seep out of you.

EDIT 2: Caleb, Lucius can make 1 MBA I believe on them. But, I guess, it doesn't really matter since you killed them anyway.

CalebRoberts
2012-07-27, 10:19 AM
EDIT 2: Caleb, Lucius can make 1 MBA I believe on them. But, I guess, it doesn't really matter since you killed them anyway.

Right you are, immediate interrupt and all that.

Infernion will take his infernal boon and gain 12 thp

CalebRoberts
2012-07-27, 10:38 AM
so, technically, Lucius has a chance to kill one of the minons before it hits Infernion.

Lucious MBA
[roll0]

That would be a hit so Infernion only takes 8 damage.

Irish Musician
2012-07-27, 11:36 AM
Actually, I will let Lucius roll that, Cabel. Because he can decide not to take the opportunity attack. And it is generally better to let the player who is making the attack, make the roll, just like you would in RL. In some cases, like warlords or DM intervention, others can make the roll for another player, but usually I like to keep it whoever is attacking, makes the roll.

And it isn't an immediate interrupt. You can take as many opportunity actions as you want per round, but only one per combatant's turn. So on your turn, he can take one opportunity attack.

CalebRoberts
2012-07-27, 11:59 AM
okay, I just figured rolling it would help keep things moving.

Irish Musician
2012-07-27, 12:09 PM
okay, I just figured rolling it would help keep things moving.

No problem, I like the enthusiasm, I just prefer rolls to be done by the attacker. :smallsmile:

Irish Musician
2012-07-27, 06:59 PM
Scy, I hate to tell you, but misses on minions don't auto-kill them.

Though I hope you like the mass of minions I put out there for you :smallbiggrin:

Dacia Brabant
2012-07-27, 07:01 PM
Oh, huh, even if the attack still deals damage on a miss? Shows how little I deal with minions I guess, or play a controller. Oh well.

Irish Musician
2012-07-27, 07:05 PM
Yeah, even if it deals damage on the miss. That's the thing about minions....they die easy, but they aren't easy to kill :smallwink:

Very nice spread though! Got all but one!

Rausdower
2012-07-27, 09:06 PM
Can't see how I can make an MBA so I'll retroactively add any special bonuses if-need-be.

[roll0]
[roll1]

I see it was an OA, I get four more to the attack.

Irish Musician
2012-07-27, 09:33 PM
Did you add the +4 into the roll?

Rausdower
2012-07-27, 09:40 PM
Did you add the +4 into the roll?

No, 28 total on the attack

Irish Musician
2012-07-27, 09:56 PM
No, 28 total on the attack

Ok cool. Well, at that time, unfortunately that is a miss.

Great Dane
2012-07-28, 12:29 AM
Yeah, even if it deals damage on the miss. That's the thing about minions....they die easy, but they aren't easy to kill :smallwink:

Very nice spread though! Got all but one!

Paragon level leaders rock :D (and strikers and controllers and defenders...)

CalebRoberts
2012-07-28, 12:34 AM
If Lucius missed then Infernion is at 67 accounting for the resist 5.

Rausdower
2012-07-28, 02:30 AM
Wishlist

Gauntlets of Brutality
Trollskin Armor
Moradin's Hammer
Swiftstrike Shoes
Foe Binder Ring
Amulet of Life

Dacia Brabant
2012-07-28, 07:57 AM
Paragon level leaders rock :D (and strikers and controllers and defenders...)

Right, I forgot to say thank you for the GMW. Thanks! :smallbiggrin:

Irish Musician
2012-07-28, 08:08 AM
If Lucius missed then Infernion is at 67 accounting for the resist 5.

Is that including the 11 you took for regaining your daily power? Because I think you are lower than that.

EDIT: horngeek, is that attack VS AC? I assume it is...

Great Dane
2012-07-28, 08:19 AM
And I don't think the +4 was added in either.

Irish Musician
2012-07-28, 09:04 AM
Cabel, I'm getting that you should be at 57.....11 total from the first attack, 3 from a minion attack, 11 from your reuse of your daily, and 6 for 2 minion attacks......so 31 total......so you should be at 57. Let me know if I am missing something though.

CalebRoberts
2012-07-28, 10:50 AM
You are right, i forgot about the 11 already. Thanks Celtic.

Irish Musician
2012-07-28, 10:55 AM
You are right, i forgot about the 11 already. Thanks Celtic.

Hey no problem man. IT was equal as likely that I messed up my math. I am horrible with numbers :smalltongue:

Irish Musician
2012-07-30, 04:35 PM
Hey guys, sorry for the delay this weekend.:smalleek: Had a crazy one. I will get a post up later tonight, and will start Round 2 and everything.

Irish Musician
2012-07-30, 10:46 PM
Reroll damage for Lucius [roll0]

Evalie gets max damage due to the crit, so 27 + 8 from the minion

Great Dane
2012-07-30, 10:53 PM
Hang on...

Horngeek, is Evalie only at a +10 to hit, meaning you used Dak's bonus to get to +14? Or did you forget to add that in, meaning you're at a 33 and 31 to hit respectively?

I just can't believe that a level 12 PC with magic items would only be at a +10 to hit...

Edit: Infernion, feel free to roll your save against ongoing 5 damage with a +4 bonus.

CalebRoberts
2012-07-30, 11:31 PM
Save vs Ongoing
[roll0]

Thats a big fat whif

CalebRoberts
2012-07-30, 11:32 PM
If you look at Evaile's sheet, her basic attack is +14, so the twin strike was rolled without any bonuses.

CalebRoberts
2012-07-30, 11:50 PM
CRIT!!!!!!!!

51 damage (8 of that Psychic)
+
[roll0] = 60 damage!

Great Dane
2012-07-31, 12:07 AM
WOW...nice one striker. ;)

CalebRoberts
2012-07-31, 12:08 AM
woot, WOOT!

I have crit more in this game then any other Pbp have ever played.

Irish Musician
2012-07-31, 08:48 AM
Dane, what was your attack against? AC?

EDIT: @Raus - Make a savings throw for your ongoing damage, btw.

Great Dane
2012-07-31, 09:01 AM
My bad, AC. All my attacks are weapon and so are against AC. (Don't know if this is a standard, but hey.)

Irish Musician
2012-07-31, 09:04 AM
Ok, cool. If y'all could put what it hits for me, just for my own knowledge, that would be wonderful. You guys usually do, so thanks! :smallbiggrin:

Rausdower
2012-07-31, 02:24 PM
Yeah, AC.

[roll0]

Irish Musician
2012-07-31, 02:54 PM
Cool, you save!

Great Dane
2012-08-01, 07:17 AM
Scylfing, I'll put your attacks into the spreadsheet to see if you hit :smallbiggrin:

You took out 3.2 and 2.3, the two I suspected would have died from Evalie's attacks earlier, but it's all good :P Let's mop up the rest of this mess before a demon or whatever stomps all over this clearing.

Oh Celtic, I know it's way past Dak's turn by now (and Mai's turn too) but I'd like to do an arcana check on that portal :smalleek:

1d20+17

So take it or make me wait until next round :smallyuk:

Great Dane
2012-08-01, 07:23 AM
Hmm weird [roll0]

Ascy
2012-08-01, 12:26 PM
Oh wow, Ewin must have had a bad night, not hitting a thing today.
Also, I totally missed that we can resolve the attacks ourselves with the spreadsheet until now. :smallredface:

Dacia Brabant
2012-08-01, 05:58 PM
Yeah I didn't realize that either, thanks Great Dane.

Since Mai didn't use her move or minor actions this round, I'll go ahead and roll the Arcana check as well, assuming Celtic doesn't mind. :smallwink:

[roll0]

Great Dane
2012-08-02, 10:47 AM
So, I misread my Healing INfusion: Curative Admixture. When I use them on allies, they spend HP equal to their surge value + 10 + d6, and they do not need to spend a surge! Cool!

However, I need surges donated (either by myself or by allies) in order to restore them.

Can I take one surge each from Ewin and Lucius? And in the future, do you all care if I judge appropriately who I take surges from, just to speed things along? I don't want to have to wait a full day's worth of posting to simply find out who I can get a surge from, heh.

CalebRoberts
2012-08-02, 10:48 AM
No problem with that here.

Infernion has a lot of surges too, so he can donate some times.

CalebRoberts
2012-08-02, 12:45 PM
Stealth Roll
[roll0]

Ascy
2012-08-02, 04:00 PM
Darn! And nobody remembered to use nonlethal damage so that we have somebody to interrogate.
I'd run after the last one, but I doubt I'll get him in my heavy plate :P

Sure Dane, you can have one of Ewin's surges.
For the record, Lay on Hands uses my own surges too, but we'll see how often Ewin gets to use that.

CalebRoberts
2012-08-03, 01:06 AM
There are plenty more to interrogate. lets take HM1 alive, plus another of whatever is down there.

CalebRoberts
2012-08-03, 01:08 AM
Celtic, Infernion will head down the stairs until something catches his eye.

Great Dane
2012-08-03, 06:54 AM
I guess I'm a little confused, are we healing/second-winding, short resting, searching bodies, and going downstairs at the same time? If you guys want to go downstairs, that's fine...if you don't want your encounters back. If we do a short rest, HM1 gets more time to escape but we'll go down the opening prepared. (but you knew this :smallamused:)

We can't do both, so which one do you prefer? I've put my vote in for short rest. Whatever ritual the humans were doing has probably awakened and/or alerted the "thing" inside this opening of our arrival.

Or maybe you guys intended to short rest the entire time and your verbage makes it sound otherwise (i.e., Let's Go Down The Stairs Now).

Irish Musician
2012-08-03, 08:20 AM
This is my question as well. You guys can take a 5 min rest, and then go downstairs, or you can just head down, but not get the benefits of healing up and getting any encounters back you used. But not both.

So will you wait around for 5 mins, or will you go ahead and go downstairs? I'll make an IC post when you guys decide.

Great Dane
2012-08-03, 08:24 AM
I did see infernion mention a short rest, but Lucius "shrugging off healing" or whatever the wording was suggested he wanted to go down the stairs. So I guess the question is directed at Rausdower more than anyone, as the assumption would be to rest.

Not meaning to slow things down, but I do want things to be right.