PDA

View Full Version : Cohort ideas?

killianh
2012-06-23, 05:13 AM
I'm a level 18 charisma based blaster caster with leadership. I have a score of 32 all told for leadership, and I need to pick a Cohort. Rules by the DM are that the Cohort can't be for in combat because we're a pretty broken group and the extra character would slow things down. Thoughts?

To note we have a DMM Cleric, a Wildshape focused druid, a Divination based utility caster wizard, a straight sword and board fighter (build rather impressively for just fighter I might add) and a Dwarven defender Crusader.

I'm thinking the Cohort should be some sort of crafter or the like, but I'd like to hear the playground's thoughts on what would be a good level 16 side kick to our group.

Ranting Fool
2012-06-23, 05:19 AM
Crafter are always nice but if I was playing a mage and I needed a Non-combat minon I'd go for an Igor! :smallbiggrin: Someone to do odd jobs, watch over your stuff, laugh at your jokes, carry all the heavy loot you don't feel like putting into a bag of holding. Oh and lets not forget the useful manic laughter durning thunderstorms :smallbiggrin:

Mithril Leaf
2012-06-23, 05:19 AM
I'd say psionic artificer, if you purely want more power. He gets all of the brokenness of everything ever. A normal artificer would also work, but isn't really as fun.
You honestly have most of the bases covered, and a crafter is the only thing really lacking.

HunterOfJello
2012-06-23, 05:20 AM
A Rogue that gives up their SA abilities or a Factotum sounds best. Grab someone who can add some extra out-of-combat utility to the group.

You can also use them as an expendable scout and messenger/envoy.

Diovid
2012-06-23, 05:41 AM
An Earth Kobold trapfinding/trapmaking rogue?
Use any of the Kobold rogue substitution levels, the martial rogue variant, the quick fingers rogue variant, the Kobold paragon, the Trapsmith prc from dungeonscape and the Combat Trapsmith prc from complete scoundrel. Using feats such as Apprentice (Craftsman), Extraordinary Trapsmith, Guerilla Trapsmith (dragon #342), Trap Sensitivity, Combat Tinkering, Dungeoneer’s Intuition, Trapmaster and Trap Engineer.

A Changeling rogue as a party face?
Use any of the Changeling rogue substitution levels, the martial rogue variant, a marshal dip, the Cabinet Trickster prc, the Charlatan prc (dragon #335), the Mountebank prc, the Spymaster prc and the Exemplar prc. Using feats such as Fade into Violence, Master Manipulator, Wanderer's Diplomacy, Combat Panache, Disturbing Visage, Perfect Reflection, Racial Emulation, Persona Immersion, Force of Personality, Keen Intellect (dragon #318) and Rapscallion (dragon #315).

A Gnome know-it-all (who does the party face-thing in his spare time)?
Bard/Urban Savant/Paragnostic Apostle. Using the Bardic Sage variant and the Trivial Knowledge feat and probably feats such as Breadth of Knowledge, Obscure Lore and Master of Knowledge.